• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Come grave-robbing with me (Victorian-eqsue light fantasy)

CastoffCaptain

Obsess. Hunt. Manipulate. Repeat.
Hi there.

I've got a character I have an itch to play, a world I'd love to build, and a few themes I'd like to explore. Want to help?

The setting:
Victorian England with a twist. There might be fae and ghosts and Spring-Heeled Jack lurking down the darkened alleys of the Victorian brownstones. Will o'the Wisps are actually alive. Somewhere in Eastern Europe, there might just be men who turn into beasts during the full moon. The world of the cemetery is taboo, and undertakers, coroners, and grave robbers are the Untouchables of the lower classes, much like the night-soil men and sewer-divers. The medical establishment is hampered in any sort of progression by superstition and religion, both of which deny universities access to corpses for autopsy.

My character:
A former medical student who, after repeated deaths directly linked to societal restrictions, does something unprecedented and must flee both his former calling and his city to become an undertaker--and grave robber -- in order to do what's right for the world.

Preferred Hand: Right
Eye color: Green
Hair color: Brown
Height: 5'9"

Build: Very muscular
Birthmarks/Scars/Tattoos: None
Distinguishing Features: His eyes are quite piercing

Style/Mode of Dress: Rough workman's clothes, heavy boots, ragged sweater, waxed overcoat, gloves
Grooming: Isn't particularly concerned with appearance. Is often grubby, but washes each night of work.
Equipment: Shovel, lantern and oil, rope, crowbar--grave digger's/robber's equipment

Immediate Family: Mother and father, one sister (older), three brothers (two deceased).
Parenting/Upbringing: Was raised in a large and loving family.

Senses: Sharp. Extremely observant. Perception is high.
Handicap/Addiction/Phobias: Suffers from bad dreams that border on night terrors.
Skills/Talents: Can be extremely stealthy when needed. Has a little medical training.
Powers: Can create/control ignatus fatuus (Will o'the Wisps aka graveyard/spook lights).

Current Home: A two-room shack on the edge of a city cemetary.
Place in the Community: As an undertaker in a very religious/superstitious country, he is looked down upon as nearly an Untouchable. He is avoided by most, shunned by others. No one knows he's also a grave robber.
Friends: Other undertakers, sewer and nightsoil men, anyone in the underbelly of the city.
Marital Status: Single

Occupation: By day, an gravedigger. By night, a grave robber. He secretly supplies medical schools with bodies for autopsy.
Work Ethic/Attitude: While he had dreams of being a doctor, he sees grave-robbing as a necessary evil to combat the ignorance society has forced upon the medical community, since autopsy under any circumstance is considered taboo.
Education: Two and a half years of medical school.
Priorities: Avoiding the police while doing what he feels is right.

Songs:

Shine a Light by The Banners
What Makes a Good Man? by The Heavy
The Yawning Grave by Lord Huron

I can get about 4 posts out a week.
I'm fairly laid-back with RP and OOC talk, but I do insist that if you're going to be silent for more than a day, let me know it's going to happen. I'll do the same for you.

Please send me a sample of your writing so that we can see if we're compatible. Please don't be offended if I decline.
My current RP-- for an idea of length of posting I tend to go for, as well as writing style:
Blackshot Ghosts [Closed]

PM or quote me here, please.

I love this idea if you can tolerate a slower response rate ;; (at my best I can do same-day returns but life's been rough lately (ㆀ˘・з・˘) lol)

What are we talking in regards to a response-rate?

It's hard to say, since my schedule is entirely unpredictable atm, so I'm afraid to give a definite response.
I could try to guarantee at least 1 per week, that seems to be how my other 1x1s are going.
Also I can be more active OOC, I just refuse to write anything serious unless I'm at a computer ;;

It's hard to say, since my schedule is entirely unpredictable atm, so I'm afraid to give a definite response.
I could try to guarantee at least 1 per week, that seems to be how my other 1x1s are going.
Also I can be more active OOC, I just refuse to write anything serious unless I'm at a computer ;;
I'll be honest-- at that rate, I'd probably lose interest. I'm sorry. :(

Hey I can't send Pm's just yet, but I think we may be compatible.

I can get at least three-four posts or more in during the week, and I will let you know of any change in schedule. ^^

I will get a sample ready for you, and if you could message me, that would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back