• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Combat Continent Rp

Zero was walking with teacher kenshiro when he saw bees going by he held in his disgust and fear towards them and kept following his teacher he liked the forest but not the big bigs that were in it those things just creeped him out, but he was stopped by his teacher and didn't know what was going on at first but then he saw what his teacher was pointing at it was a ginormous spider two times bigger than zero and as soon as zero saw that he said "teacher you want me to take that" he said nervously but saw his teacher pulling out his spirit essence thinking "at least I'm getting help" he was kind of relieved.

"Yus." said Kenshiro to Zero as he asked if he wanted him to take that out. "Fourth Tier Spirit Skill, Invincible Force" said Kenshiro as he charged towards the spider with a mighty roar that sounded just like one of his Yus's. The strike was so strong that made the spider fall to its back. It seemed as it as about to run when Kenshiro smiled. "Yus. Second Tier spirit Skill. Hammer Arm." He placed both hands together and struck the spider with brutal force. The spide was unconscious. He smiled at Zero making a V-sign and threw a dagger towards his hands. "Yus. Take him out."

Zero saw the teacher take out the spider with ease knocking it out zero was in awe he couldn't do that in a million years but teacher threw a dagger at the ground saying to kill it zero hesiteated at first but picked up the dagger thinking "I'm really doing this I'm going up close and personal with a giant Goliath stone spider" he thought as he walked up to the spider shaking a little and jumped upon to the abdomen holding the dagger it didn't look like his scythe could go through it so he had to use the dagger so he sighed before he stabbed the abdomen of the knocked out spider and slit it down the middle to make sure it was dead, so after it was dead the legs curl up and a halo comes out as zero was staring at it.

Kenshiro waits looking to the act and cry manly tears over the dead body of spider. "Yus. Remember, kiddo. We take their spirit ring, when we kill a spirit beast. So when we take a life of spirit beast, never do it for entertainment; only for necessity." Pats the back of zero. "Now absorb the spirit ring. Is yours now. Yus" Mourning the dead is important for Kenshiro.

Meanwhile Tian is thinking on what spirit ring while looking at the lake,

Zero looked back to teach handing him his knife in a disgusted face he hated bugs as much as he hated veggies but he actually did think about what teach said and sat down on the spider abdomen in a meditating pose. He really didn't care where he was meditating and started to feel the halos power.

Kenshiro, waits looking over Zero and cleaning the dagger and mourning the death of the spider. As zero absorb the halo he ranks up to a spirit master of level 13.

DreamBeat said:
Yuyao skipped over to Retta to say hi. "Hi!" She smiled. "All ready to go?"
Retta smiled slightly as Yuyao came over to her; she was the last of the four geniuses that Retta was meeting. "Yeah, guess so. Ready as I'll ever be. What about you?!" Retta was trying to be confident and upbeat, but she was sure she was failing. Despite knowing of Yuyao, she didn't know anything about her spirit essence or what type of spirit beast she might be hunting. Either way, Retta was a little nervous to be hunting, a little excited to see the geniuses in the field, and scared of all the possibilities they might run into.

After the group headed into the reserve together, Retta realized that her, Yuyao, and Miss Ran were grouped together. "So who's first? You or me?" Retta asked Yuyao, a little hesitant to go first.

"Shush, we'll see what we find and decide who gets what, obviously..." the teacher's voice trailed off as she began moving through the forest. Retta presumed that she was supposed to follow and began doing so. Is she hunting or are we? she thought, giving Yuyao a glance.

(Hi... One question. Should I say Marietta or Retta?)

Yuyao smiled and giggled slightly. "I think I'm ready. You'll do fine," she said to the other girl. When Marietta asked her who would go first, Yuyao took note of Marietta's hesitancy. "I can go first," Yuyao said a slight smile. Although she was a bit.. a bit scared, she was also excited. I mean, it was one step closer to her parents. Yuyao just hoped she didn't get killed.

Miss Ran lead the two through the forest where every sound was grating on Yuyao's nerves. She was sure that she was paranoid, but it was a bit scary to hunt for real. Anytime, something scary could just jump out of nowhere. She glanced over at Marietta who also looked nervous.

@Phineas Forge

(Retta, please.)

The more they moved through the forest, the more comfortable Retta got. She slowly began moving out from Miss Ran's shadow, moving parallel to the teacher. Her movements through the trees and brush were compact and precise, easily allowing the girl to move unhindered. She used one tree to vault herself up to a branch of another tree, grabbing it and swinging to another branch that she leaped off of. It was evident that this was not her first trip in this kind of environment. The smile on her face also showed that she was really enjoying herself. That was when she saw Miss Ran throw a hand up, indicating that they should stop because something dangerous was ahead.

Retta slammed on the metaphorical breaks, grabbing a tree and spinning around it once, using a branch to peer ahead of them. She didn't know what Miss Ran was aware of, but she stopped nonetheless. She moved to the teacher, whispering to her "What is it?"

"Nimble Cheetah, looks to be 400 years old or so. Would be good for either of you really..."

Retta looked to Yuyao, "You said you were ready." Miss Ran held the small knife outward to Yuyao, but didn't say a word.

Looking at Retta, it looked like she was fine after all. Yuyao was still feeling uncomfortable being in the forest like this. Yes, she went into the forest to pick flowers all the time, but this just felt different somehow. Somewhere along the way, she started to zone out but snapped out of it when the teacher said something about a Nimble Cheetah. Yuyao looked at the knife held out to her and took it from Miss Ran with a sigh. Ok... she thought to herself here it goes.

The Cheetah pounced out onto the clearing in front of the three girls and looked at them warily. Yuyao looked at the two others before moving herror gaze back to the Cheetah. If it was a Nimble Cheetah, it would be nimble. Duh... She held her knife and prepared to attack while the Cheetah seemed to do the same. Before she attacked, Yuyao summoned her spirit essence which gave her enhanced senses and a more pink poisoned hair.

The cheetah attacked first. It was fast and agile, making it hard for Yuyao to keep up. She was slower than the cheetah, so it quickly got up and pounced on her. Miss Ran looked a bit worried and looked ready to interfere. However, she stopped when the cheetah froze.

Yuyao's hair roughly rubbed against the cheetah's snout which prompted it to freeze. Even though Yuyao thought that this was when she would get really injured, the animal suddenly froze. Yuyao didn't have any time to question why it froze. All she knew was that it froze and that she needed to survive. The small girl quickly stabbed the cheetah in the face (ouch) with the small knife given to her by Miss Ran. The cheetah stumbled back and whimpered before collapsing and dying. The glowing spirit halo was there for her to absorb, so she did. She closed her eyes as she willed the halo to be absorbed into her body. It was met with some resistance, but she did it. It was a refreshing feeling, and she felt more... powerful. But... So exhausting, she thought as she was left on the ground, sitting and panting from the adrenaline.

She looked over to Retta and Miss Ran, giving them a slight smile. "I," she panted, "did it. Haha."

@Phineas Forge

[dice]8464[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:
Retta watched on as Yuyao went out there all on her own. She thought the three of them were going to take on the beast together, simply allowing Yuyao to absorb the halo. When the beast attacked, Retta took off to help, but Miss Ran's hand grabbed the girl, holding her in place. "What are you doing?! She needs our help!" "Check again." Retta turned back, surprised that the beast now lay on the ground with the knife puncturing through its face. The sight was a little gruesome, but Retta was impressed. She now saw why this girl was one of the four geniuses.

"You're up, little lady."
Miss Ran said as the two of them once again began moving through the forest. Again, Retta felt comfortable enough to use her free-running skills to move on her own. She was about five feet in the air, leaping from tree branch to tree branch when something came hurtling at her from her peripheral vision. She didn't have time to dodge, so she simply leaned forward letting her momentum take her over the branch that she had intended to land upon. This caused the item to whiz just behind her head, while Retta fell to the ground below, rolling to dampen the force of the fall. She got up and turned in the direction, it was some sort of ape beast and it hurled another coconut in Retta's direction.

Miss Ran came to Retta's side, easily catching the coconut with one hand.
"I think he's playing with you," the teacher said before turning and moving on. Do spirit beasts really play? she thought before waving to the beast and following Miss Ran. They passed a few beasts that Retta thought would be suitable before finally asking "Miss Ran, why haven't we attempted to capture one yet?" She tried to sound sweet and not nagging, though she wasn't sure it worked.

"You want a sub-par spirit ring?" the teacher asked blankly. She shook her head before expanding "The Blue Tortoise doesn't have anything to do with speed. No self respecting lady wants a Smelly Baboon, for obvious reasons. The Windrift Hawk was probably 700 years old. The Fair-Hearted Antelope would have been good, but the one we saw was barely 100 years old. This is the only time I will answer your question, just have faith I'm not a complete idiot... mmk?"

Retta was taken aback. And then she realized everything that her teacher had said made sense. With that, Retta trusted that Miss Ran knew what she was doing. She looked at Miss Ran's face, suddenly realizing how late it had gotten as twilight was already upon them. As the two females moved through the area, something dashed right in front of them. Retta didn't have time to even see what it was, but she heard Miss Ran's voice yell "That one! GO!" Without hesitating, Retta dropped to the ground and rushed after the spirit beast. From behind, she could tell that it was a rabbit of some sort.

Once Retta started chasing the rabbit beast, it sped up, rushing erratically through the trees. For a moment, Retta swore she saw three or four rabbits all running in different directions. She couldn't keep up with the new speed, but that was when Miss Ran started heaving coconuts at the rabbit. The coconuts caused the rabbit to alter its course and Miss Ran was able to herd the rabbit towards Retta. Not sure what to do, Retta turned and began running away from the rabbit. She noticed a stump to her left and used it as a platform to leap up to a branch. She grabbed it and swung so that her feet landed on the branch. She leapt from that branch to another, all the while the spirit beast was still charging towards her.

Retta slipped the sheath off the knife, letting it fall to the ground. The spirit beast stepped on the sheath and kept going and Retta inhaled deeply and threw herself from her perch, aiming the knife downward. The blade easily pierced the hare's skin just below the shoulder blade. Retta's weight and the stabbing pain caused the beast to stumble. It's momentum carried the rabbit towards a tree and Retta let go of the knife, leaving it in the rabbit's back. Retta slid and rolled a few feet, before jumping to her feet. She looked to the beast that lay injured and wheezing a few feet away. She quickly moved to it, removed the knife and reinserted it. She repeated the process three more times before the beast finally died.

As darkness settled over the area, Miss Ran carried Retta back to the cabins. She was still recovering from absorbing the halo, but she had been successful and was quite pleased with herself.

Shizu walked into his new school probably around midnight. He had just said goodbye to his parents and hadn't managed to wipe all the tears from his eyes. He clutched his backpack straps and brought them close to his chest for comfort. He missed his mommy and daddy.

He sniffled a little before speaking out in a adorable, little voice, "Hewwo? I'm heree...."

His voice cracks up at the end and tears begin to stream down his cheeks. He continues to wander through the campus looking for any human life whilst fearing any movement in the abysmal darkness of night.

"Hewwwwwwoooo!!!" He yelled a little before coughing on his own spit. He was miserable. He didn't want to be here. He wanted to be home with his mommy and daddy. The subtle thought of their name brought a home sickening, gut wrenching feeling to the little guy and once again tears streamed down his face.

He manages to make it around the dorms before speaking again. This time Shizu speaks in a horse tone and takes an exhausted breath before speaking. "h-hewo."

It was complete dark but Tian didn't feel like sleeping. He decides to slip from the cabin and go to a log so he can stare the lake. It was a cold night with a complete full moon. "How lovely is the moon tonight" he stares to the moon. His father and mother has always considered like the sun. "Maybe, i'm to bright for them." Tian always try to smile, and probably he would smile in any problem throw to him. He begin to drift to his thoughts when he hear a small humming tweet. Curious by this tweets, he searches for the bird than is humming.

After few minutes of searching Tian find the source of the pleasant sound. It was a Snow-white Moonbird. As many of bird type spirit beast, is majestic. "To think the school have one" Tian is surprised by that fact. Most of the spirit beast than he saw, in the day, around the area where felines and arachnid, with some lizards and mammals. He was captivated by the spectacle of this night. Maybe for be patient he was rewarded or that it was he wanted to be truth. He sit under the tree and hear the harmonic sound of the bird. As the bird end singing he come to his side and sit over his head. Not all spirit monster grow incredible big and example of that is the Moonbird. When this spirit beast is arround 400 years it's body is not bigger than a head.

Meanwhile in the school the principal search for the young student than arrive in the middle of the night. Why some people make me work in not pleasant hours. When he said to his old friend he would accept his son in the school he didn't think he would drop him in the middle of the night. This should be the last time i said in a letter a soon of possible. Who could be so irresponsible to leave his son at this time?

"Hewwwwwwwoooo!!!" The principal hears coming from the dormitories and goes towards it finding the young boy poking one of the dorms. The principal coughs to announce his presences to the child.

The little blue hair boy jumps out of his skin at the cough of the man and turns to the monster towering over him. His knees shaking as he grips the back pack straps tighter. He looks up at man with a pale face and white knuckles. He swallows before speaking to the monster in front of him.

"Uh-Uh...I..." He whimpers a little before taking a few shaking breaths and just letting it out. "I'm Shizu Ransurottoooo!" His eyes widen as he didn't quite realize what he just did. He pretty much falls on his but as silent tears bead down his cheeks.

"M-M-My daddy t-towd me to f-find the head m-m-master." Shizu managed to get out as he clutched the ground below him in fear.

I'm offers his hand. Here let me guide you to your dorm. Some of his students of the dormitory 1 have treated even the principal. If he see this child they would bullied him immediately. So he try to help him faster he could. Since the 4 more respectable members of the first grade aren't around. The principal fear for the security of the child. He was surprised the second day the four arrive to his office because an accident of intoxication while practicing. He was mad with them, but at least the one intoxicated survived in their fast action.

// Dorm 5

Tian looks over his shoulder. "Well, i choice you as my first spirit ring." The bird move his head to the side and with a small tweet answer. Tian offer his arms to the snow-white moon bird. The bird sit in his arms calmly. If tian isn't hunting for a spirit ring he probably would try to make the bird his mascot. In a embrace he kills the Snow-white moon bird. As the yellow spirit ring appear over the body, it was bigger than tian expected, he begin to absorbed.

[dice]8438[/dice]

As Tian finish absorbing the spirit ring, he feel a lot more powerful probably. He achieve rank 14, probably, but he have to confirm it in the school. he get up as he sees the teachers in the distant looking at him. Tian smiles and begin to walk to the camp to rest for the night. In the morning the group of spirit masters return to the school grounds.

Hunt results:

Tian Feng upgrade to rank 14.

Samuel King upgrade to rank 13.

Zero kazuma upgrade to rank 13.

Yuyao Xia upgrade to rank 14.

Marietta Ramirez upgrade to rank 14

Zero get his dorm mate Shizu Ransurotto.

Shizu made his way towards the teaching quarters of the schools leading theoretical teacher. He was told by his father and the principal today at breakfast that this man was the person to see about his phantom thorns. The young spirit scholar went to knock on the door before it was swung up by a woman who had a striking resemblance to his father. The woman looked around the door before looking down to the little boy. Her eyes widened and her lips grew into a smile that reached her ears. She picked up the little boy in her arms and hugged her close to her bosom. The little boy nuzzled his head between her and then peaked up at her with a pure little smirk.

"Heww0." Shizu said.

The woman pretty much just lost it to the boys cutest and clutched him tighter. "My little nephew! I missed you so much!! You've grown so much!!"

"Hewwo Aunt Shinju. How are you?" Naoki said with a soft blush spreading over his cheeks. Seems he might have a little crush.

The auntie slams the door behind them and walks over to the couch set down her nephew before walking over to the books. She closes a few and takes the one left open with a pen. She walks over across from the boy in a chair and tells him to show her his spirit essence. He shows her fathers spirit essence of Phantom Thorns and she begisn to scribble on her paper. She begins to explain all the applications and how it can be manipulated which Naoki shows her considering that he actually already knew this and looks around for some water.

"Aunt Shinju, I awweady did this with my mommy and daddy. Whats next?" Naoki sips on the water she got him and explains that he needs to get his spirit level up one more and then capture a level 423 beast or below. "Now this is where my specialty comes in. I wanna go with you when you get your spirit monster so I can explain why you should get a specific monster."

The little nephew hugged his aunts bosom one last time before heading out of the room to do his classes and training with the rest of the students. Maybe he'd even see his roommate.

ce37934adbd6d28ebb134ff8279bbe56.jpg

Sam had returned to the academy feeling much stronger and better. He knew he was not the one to advance the most, but he felt like a great deal, being only six years old. As they had returned in the morning, he decided to head for the cafeteria for a quick snack. He grabbed some milk and cereal and then headed to the outward forest to train. He decided to skip homeroom class in order to train a little bit on his gymnastics. "Well, let's see. If my ability is a delay type and I need to touch the ground to activate it, how can I be doing this without people noticing?" As Sam wondered, he began to do back flips and cartwheels in order to get some more advantage on his evading and dexterity abilities.

The five year old boy had been in the forest for nearly two hours after meeting with his aunt. He had been practicing his spiritual power and how to gain control over it like his mother had taught him. Some times he would take breaks by having his vines grow around the the trees in the forest, warding off prey and making the place more menacing. He thought the place looked cool with all his thorns. Eventually he would get tired and go back to practicing with the spiritual power that he had left. HE didn't notice the person doing flips and round offs into his part of the forest.

Sam began sweating as he took a break for air. He looked at the five year old walking alone in the forest and calls him out. "Hey, buddy. What are you doing all alone in the forest?" As he said this Sam, took impulse and did another back flip, landing on his both hands before standing up. What is a person so young doing here? Wouldn't be six year olds the limit age for people to come in here? I wonder what he's doing here and what's his spirit? Sam thought as he took some time to sit down and wait fort the boy to come.

Tian have rested a lot since getting his spirit ring. He didn't like slack off training, his family where proud of the regiment than he had. So finding than Sam was already outside he decides to begin his training, even if is an hour latter of the normal. Is not the time of the training what effects the grow, but the constancy. Tian said to himself. He begin his morning training in the forest. Curiously enough the path he take was fill of thorns. He didn't want to change his route, summoning his real guard and the staff, he begin to get rid of the thorns in his path. Using my power is part of training. As he end cleaning the path he continue. Many people admired him, since he always give a pure smile no matter how exhausted he was. He make his policy to make everyone smile, and how could if he didn't smile.

He begin to feel exhausted and decide to drink some water of the river. Training with my real guard one is difficult. After taking a sip he find odd than some flowers wither away. "This is not natural." he looks the flowers it looks like it contacted a strong poison than slowly kill it. "it wasn't this place where i find that girl?" Question himself. Probably. As he was remind of Yuyao when he look her, he decide than would talk with her about it. So he decide to search for her in the cafeteria first, he was a little hungry.

The boy looked to the big kid talking to him and bombarding him with questions before he looked to the grass and looks for the courage to speak. It takes him a few minutes but he finally manages it. The young boy speaks in a softer tone, "I-I was trwaining..."

His bright blue eyes look up to the man and his knees trembling in fear. Shizu feared people he didn't know and even more so those that were very direct with him. Although they were just one year difference, it seemed to changed everything about the two. Shizu looked like a child in this guys eyes and this Sam fellow looked like a scary stranger to Shizu.

Sam patted Shizu's head in a brotherly way. "Training?" He inquires, becoming suspicious of his theory of this boy being a spirit scholar at his young age. "What were you training, little one? Is it spirit? Or is it body?" As he said this he leaned at the tree he was sitting against and looked at the boy in the eyes, noticing his fear towards him. "You don't need to fear me, I am here to be your friend. Also, I am just like you: a training boy".

"I uhhh......" The little guy wants to tell you but he doesn't feel comfortable in the least without at least knowing the name of the other boy who patted his head and asks him some what personal information. He rummages through his memory to pull out a way that people introduce themselves. He remembers his mother saying it like this.

"I-I'm Shizu Ransurotto. Spirit Phantom Thorns, Rank 9 Spirit Scholar." He says to the boy sitting against the tree and crosses his arms trying to look like he aint scared.

"Shizu Ransurtto? I like the tone it gives." He said with a smile, before nodding to him and saying. "My name's Samuel King. You can call me Sam. I'm the harbinger of the Armored Sandtrap Scorpion essence that comes from the Dojo with the same name. Pleasure to meet you." He then looked back and remembered. "Oh, yeah. I am a level thirteen Spirit Master."

Shizu looked up at the guy and smiled. He walked over to hold out a friendly hand and brighter expression now that introductions were out of the way, the boy walked over Sam and sat next to him, gaining an even brighter smile.

"So what are you doing out here?" The young boys leg kicking and bright eyes beaming up at you as it seems his entire aura has changed in a matter of seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back