• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Colonized Sol (Working on Lore; !!!OPEN!!!)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

krekireftw

Mechanized Artyom
woo.jpg
The Solar System
A remarkable sight to humanity, recognized as the future for it in a world where they recognized Earth will soon become inferior. It's mother wouldn't be able to either provide the resources or survive the methods that humanity uses in order to expand their territory. Asteroid mining has becoming the norm, colonizing other planets and moons is recognized as an everyday fact, and all of that just gave mankind another reason to go to war with itself. The Mars Humanity Oasis (MHO) is a civilization on Mars that has existed for the past 203 years, first established in 2041. It has grown remarkably, with support from Earthlings and the inhabitants. Mars and Earth have almost always been in continued trade, with Earth's need for resources and Mars's need for technology and weaponry. However, an insurgency took place, the MHO leading a mission with their own junta, exterminating all Earth loyalists and claiming their planet as their own, instituting Martial Law. With the loss of Mars, the countries of earth formed the United Nations of Earth (UNE) in an attempt to re-establish diplomatic space trade.

Children on Mars who fit under the broad physical requirements are put into training at age 13, and if they don't have the intellect to back themselves up, no chance of returning to school. The males are often used as infantry, cannon fodder, and such. The females are often infantry, system operators, nurses, and such. The propaganda on Mars is widespread, the MHO enforcing their laws and making sure Earth-loyalists have no hold on their planet. The MHO see themselves as the true rulers of the Solar System, believing the inhabitants of Earth are "fat cats", feeding off of Mars and similar colonies on moons like Europa, Many of Jupiter's Moons, The Neptune Colony, and the Uranus Cluster. Their Social Darwinism view is powerful. To them, true victory is the cessation of Earth and it's loyalists. They are not afraid to kill citizens, soldiers, anyone who dares get in their way of Solar domination.

Due to it's violations on human rights and out-of-hand military build up, threats, and propaganda, the UNE has declared Trade Embargoes, Bans, and Taxes on every single trade. The UNE has seized cargo ships, destroyed several parts of their fleet, and raided colonies. As a result, war has been declared on either side. The Earth against Mars.

If anything seems missing, let me know. This is my first RP I have hosted.

Roleplay has started. For now, keep away from any conflicts or major turning points. This is just to get characters established until lore is finished.

Last edited:
Please RP Here unless stated otherwise. While I cannot stop you from going into your enemy's room, I ask you to refrain. If you do, DO NOT USE THE INFO IN RP.

I just came back from Infinite Warfare, am currently working on my own Sci-Fi novel, and I am intrigued. Quick questions here, if you don't mind:

1. I assume the Marines will get certain exosuits for aero-astronautical engagements, so is there any limitations on how they are used (rig boosters, magnetic gloves, etc.)?
2. Drones, how common are they in this universe? Is it possible to create a robot character?
3. How will space battles be played out? WW2 shelling style with fighters scrambled to intercept each other? Or more of a ground-support role? (since I saw a limited number of built ships)
4. How do energy weapons work? Concentrated beams or canister-loaded like Star Wars?
5. Admiral of Small Fleet - do we get 1 capital ship under command in-RP or are we allowed to be given command over certain shuttles and corvettes within the fleet?
6. Military-wise, will furloughs/leaves be given to the player for passive RP? Or will it be active-deployment for the whole RP?
7. How does a player's death be determined in PvP? GM moderates or rock-paper-scissors between the two?
8. FTL (faster-than-light) travel is canon or just slow dreadnoughts floating through space?
9. How many military branch are there for both sides? Marines, Navy, Army, Airforce?
10. Any chance for a Jon Snow cameo on Mars?

*(MARtial law) punny punny ^-^

I just came back from Infinite Warfare, am currently working on my own Sci-Fi novel, and I am intrigued. Quick questions here, if you don't mind:

1. I assume the Marines will get certain exosuits for aero-astronautical engagements, so is there any limitations on how they are used (rig boosters, magnetic gloves, etc.)?
2. Drones, how common are they in this universe? Is it possible to create a robot character?
3. How will space battles be played out? WW2 shelling style with fighters scrambled to intercept each other? Or more of a ground-support role? (since I saw a limited number of built ships)
4. How do energy weapons work? Concentrated beams or canister-loaded like Star Wars?
5. Admiral of Small Fleet - do we get 1 capital ship under command in-RP or are we allowed to be given command over certain shuttles and corvettes within the fleet?
6. Military-wise, will furloughs/leaves be given to the player for passive RP? Or will it be active-deployment for the whole RP?
7. How does a player's death be determined in PvP? GM moderates or rock-paper-scissors between the two?
8. FTL (faster-than-light) travel is canon or just slow dreadnoughts floating through space?
9. How many military branch are there for both sides? Marines, Navy, Army, Airforce?
10. Any chance for a Jon Snow cameo on Mars?

*(MARtial law) punny punny ^-^

1. I was going to go into that at some point in the 'Lore' tab. There are mechanical endo-skeletons inside every field-suit that an agent recieves. It boosts the speed, stamina, and strength of it's user and on low gravity planets or moons, a one time boost of gas to propel the user.

2. Drones function as essentially human replacements and surperiors. They are rather expensive to produce large scale, so they wont be seen too often in normal missions. They look something like my profile.

3. The goal of the battles are too weaken as much of the smallfleet as possible while not losing the largefleet. The ultimate goal is destroying the ship, but you only have so much time. Ships can be used inter-planetary or on planets.

4. Canister loaded, starwars. There will be a beam weapon, though.

5. Admiral of Small Fleet uses a normal Scalper/Javelin, but functions more like a captain of an entire squad. They'll normally be stationed on one ship and have others like Captains, Colonels, 1st Lieutenants handle squads on other ships. Admiral of Smallfleets can command their entire deployment of Javelins/Scalpers.

6. Great question. If it calls for a furlough; yes. Especially if theres been some rough battle or something and they were left practically freezing in space or something like that.

7. Death is determined based on a players health or location. If shot several times and on the ground, they will be bleeding out. Im not sure yet, however, if I will do a time based, turn based, or chance based system. Most likely a diceroll however.

8. Light travel exists on particular ships, some have near lihht travel. The speed of light is 250000km/hr

9. About 4. Coast Guard, Marines, Airforce, and Navy are the equals. Marines serve a lot of what the Army should do, but frequently get into spacefights.

10. Depends if someone plays him. Was honestly considering using him as a ref for a character though.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I'll have my character sheet up soon. I'm currently on a field trip at the moment. Hopefully I will be back tomorrow for more of the lore. Great stuff thus far, I love it.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I'll have my character sheet up soon. I'm currently on a field trip at the moment. Hopefully I will be back tomorrow for more of the lore. Great stuff thus far, I love it.
Tyvm. Will keep this in this thread.

If anyone has questions that can contribute to overall RP, leave it here. Ill see if it belongs.

For the Navy ranks for both sides, I am assuming current US Navy?
I was using Army ranks for simplicity, but yes, you may use the ranks for whatever division you are going for. Try and leave, in parentheses, the equal rank in army. I only did this because I do not understand the other branches myself.

I was using Army ranks for simplicity, but yes, you may use the ranks for whatever division you are going for. Try and leave, in parentheses, the equal rank in army. I only did this because I do not understand the other branches myself.

Ah okay! Also what are the scalpers and wardens / javelins and guardians?

New question arises yet again, boss.

For the Belt Squadron / Inter-Planetary Squadron : Are they some sort of QRF ground force or strictly fighter-jet squadron that are responsible for the given AO? Or maybe both? (like SCARs team in Infinite Warfare?)

New question arises yet again, boss.

For the Belt Squadron / Inter-Planetary Squadron : Are they some sort of QRF ground force or strictly fighter-jet squadron that are responsible for the given AO? Or maybe both? (like SCARs team in Infinite Warfare?)
The Belt Squadron covers the "belts" of each of the planets. The equators, or in the case of some planets like Uranus, the prime meridian. The Inter-Planetary Squadron stays in between all of the planets, for example, teh distance from Mars and Earth.

Understood. So do they act independently with the captain as the acting CO until COCOM/OPCON/TACON is in effect? Or are they still being directed by the Admiral of the Small Fleets within the AO or something?

Last edited:
Understood. So do they act independently with the captain as the acting CO until COCOM/OPCON/TACON is in effect? Or are they still being directed by the Admiral of the Small Fleets within the AO or something?
I am unfamiliar with what those abbreviations mean. I will try to answer.
The admiral of small fleets controls the squds as a whole. The Belt Squad and Inter-Planetary act independently and direced, in general, by the admiral of smallfleets. Would you suggest captains for these?

I am unfamiliar with what those abbreviations mean. I will try to answer.
The admiral of small fleets controls the squds as a whole. The Belt Squad and Inter-Planetary act independently and direced, in general, by the admiral of smallfleets. Would you suggest captains for these?

Apologies for those over-the-top acronyms. I just wanted to make sure I get the grasp of the chain of commands, how they are conducted, and you've cleared most of my question. As for the suggestion of captains as independent variable, I'd veto that idea.

I personally think that the Admiral of Smallfleets can handle that, although it would feel a bit harsh on the role, as he/she will have to direct a fight AND micromanage the conducts of the Belt and Inter-Planetary Squadrons. Perhaps another role (Belt/Inter-Planetary Static Admiral or something) should be made so they can act independently from the Admiral of SF in terms of strategic movements, while the captains capitalize on their tactical plans. That way there is a roundabout chain of command, and the (2) captains can be more versatile in launching their own counter-attacks without relying too much on each other. But that's just my thoughts, either way works, I don't want to mumble-jumble your plans for them. Just curious altogether ^-^

For the ships. Do we choose which one we would command or can we create our own little vessel?
If youre an admiral of Largefleets, then you pick one of the carriers/destroyers available, aka the ones that arent "reserved." If you're a fighter pilot, then you will be flying a personalized Javelin/Scalper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back