• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐˜พ๐™Š๐™‡๐˜ฟ ๐™…๐™๐™‡๐™” - ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ

Characters
Here
Other
Here
I can't listen to it right now 'cause I'm still at work, but just wanna throw it out there that I fuckin' LOVE k.flay

YES! I do love me some k.flay! ๐Ÿ˜

jinkx jinkx I can definitely see that! will have to wait and see!

timshel timshel think I'm gonna have to withdraw my app,, been super busy and i rlly need to focus bc i have way too much to do ):
loveee everyone's chars tho, and this is such a great idea! rlly wish i could finish my char bc i rlly liked the idea i had in mind, but i hope it all goes well! best wishes bro c:

timshel timshel think I'm gonna have to withdraw my app,, been super busy and i rlly need to focus bc i have way too much to do ):
loveee everyone's chars tho, and this is such a great idea! rlly wish i could finish my char bc i rlly liked the idea i had in mind, but i hope it all goes well! best wishes bro c:
oh no!! iโ€™m so sad to see you go, but iโ€™m glad youโ€™re prioritizing whatโ€™s important in life. tysm and good luck w everything thatโ€™s happening rn!

Finally! I got my character up. It was difficult to decide on who I was gonna play, so I kinda mashed the two together. Kinda. Not really.

Anyways the coding's recycled but the character's brand new so I'm super hyped! Anyone wanna plan relations?

Sara: *pointedly exists just trying to get through life ignoring everybody else in the goddamn world because fuck everybody and everything that doesn't fit into her very limited worldview of importance*
Noivian Noivian 's character: *suddenly just... exists*
Sara: ๐Ÿ‘€ fuck--

Last edited:
Hhhhhhโ€”
XD That make my day (night? Itโ€™s 6 am but Iโ€™ve not slept)

I live to please, and suddenly so does Sara.

Oh lawd, looking over Saraโ€™s temperament, it seems these two girls werenโ€™t quite cut from the same cloth but bear the same pattern regardless. Two reckless, edgy teens with no self control and no desire to go home spells trouble. Iโ€™m so here for it.

Edit: smells like a ship on the horizon to me XD

Oh lawd, looking over Saraโ€™s temperament, it seems these two girls werenโ€™t quite cut from the same cloth but bear the same pattern regardless. Two reckless, edgy teens with no self control and no desire to go home spells trouble. Iโ€™m so here for it.

Edit: smells like a ship on the horizon to me XD

Yep, I ship it.

Looking at everyone else's writing, I feel like I should be adding more to my character... I guess I'm gonna work on fleshing out her story and personality a bit more today...

holy shit. thereโ€™s roughly two days left!! so so excited

halo guys as much as i love mal i'm gonna have to withdraw for time management purposes : (((
good luck to everyone!!! (and yes, i will be stalking the ic thread when its up and no one can stop me)
oh man oh no :โ€™-( i also really liked mal but itโ€™s all good! weโ€™d still love to have you if you can swing it, but believe me i completely understand. good luck w everything!
(heh permission granted)

ello lads, I am currently working on a CS but I have come across a bump in the road.

i am a poor unknowing english lady and I do not know about, or understand the american schoolgrading system so like...
what even is a GPA??? ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿ˜ญ

ello lads, I am currently working on a CS but I have come across a bump in the road.

i am a poor unknowing english lady and I do not know about, or understand the american schoolgrading system so like...
what even is a GPA??? ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿ˜ญ
so glad to hear you're working on a cs! can't wait to see the finished product. ah yes - so sorry i didn't include a blurb about these for the international crowd!
gpa is an acronym for 'grade point average', which is a numerical system that represents a student's history of grades over their academic career. a 4.0 (highest you can get without any ap/honors/ib classes) is equal to all A's (> 90%), a 3.0 = straight B's (> 80%), 2.0 = straight C's (> 70%).

Ooooooo Ok. I think I get it,

So say, hypothetically, if a student were to get suspended for a while, that'd effect their GPA right?? Would it fall considerably lower than 70? Or remain at around the 60-50 mark?? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

oh, that's actually a good question.
Terrier B Terrier B , i'm not totally sure if a long term absence itself would impact a student's gpa, but that's certainly something that would go on their academic record. not to mention that the extended time away from class would likely negatively impact their performance as well.

Ahh, I figured that much. Mmkay, I'll put like 60 or something for now, and I've given context for the absence in the note bit. So all is hopefully good. Just finishing p now ;0

Iโ€™m so close to scrapping chris and making a dude bc there are so little ,,,,,,,,perhaps,, after my voice lesson

i do know for a fact that honeyfrog honeyfrog is making a boy!! which is fun

Terrier B Terrier B sooo the breakdown of a GPA is basically where there's seven different classes (ish) that a highschooler must take: english, math, history, science, foreign language, PE, and an elective (usually art or woodshop or home ec or something) and each of those classes are assigned a letter grade, A B C D or F. Each letter has a number associated with it. A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1, F = 0. So how you calculate a GPA is by adding up all the numbers associated with the letter, and then dividing that total by the number of classes, in this case 7.

So say Bob has an A in english, a C in math, a D in history, a B in science, an F in foreign language, an A in PE, and an A in his elective. A+C+D+B+F+A+A = 4+2+1+3+0+4+4 = 18. We take this 18 and divide by 7. Bob's GPA is 2.57.

AP or Advanced Placement classes just adds 1 to each number associated with a letter grade. So an AP A = 5, as opposed to a normal A. As such, when taking some AP classes, it's possible to get more than 4.0 GPA's.

oh wow thanks so much Noivian Noivian ! genuinely did not know it worked that way LMFAO and i've been in academics for. ever.

no prob. I struggled with grades in high school myself, so i've had this explained to me many times over haha. also i really love math.

if Bob got straight A's and took four AP classes, he'd have a GPA of 4.57. He'd also probably be valedictorian.

Also for suspensions, the way they did it in my school district is that you were expected to still do classwork while suspended, so if your character goofed off while suspended, then that would most definitely affect his GPA

also grades are dumb and every teacher has a different grading system but let's assume Bob's class is graded entirely off tests. If Bob takes 5 tests in one semester and on the tests he gets a 65%, a 90%, an 82%, a 73%, and a 100%, the percentage thing would come into play. The tests would be marked as a D, A, B, C, and an A. and then you take the average of the tests using the GPA scale (1+4+3+2+4=14/5=2.8) and that's his class overall grade. generally speaking that's a C, but you'd not plug the plain 2 into the GPA calculation, you'd plug the 2.8 in instead, since it's technically a higher grade.

if you wanna get really technical, you'd take the percentage average instead of the letter grade average. 82% average is a B. Bob is technically passing, despite bombing that one test.

and that's not even touching on weighted grades

Users who are viewing this thread

Back