• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Code: Feral - Interest check

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
Feral banner.jpg

Original thread by Calibutcher.

We have a lead. The Feral haven’t been heard from in over a year, but yesterday, we received reports of strange activity in Singapore. We believe they’ve finally resurfaced, but…you’re going to need help.
A pair of weathered hands slid the dossier over the smooth surface of the glass table to a young woman, straight-backed and serious in the chair across from them. Her dark hair was pinned up in a tight bun. The African civet in her lap looked over the pages as she flipped through them. Fixing the man across from them with a critical stare after the first three.
Recruits? Some of these people haven’t even been through basic.” The woman’s voice sounded more than a little skeptical. “They’re inexperienced, and so are their companions.

There are some experienced agents, but I wouldn’t dismiss the other profiles out of hand.
She paused at one profile, stiffening as she recognized the face in the photo.
We don’t have time to do things by the book agent Strong. We’re not going to throw anyone into the fire, I need relief on recon first and foremost. They’re not helpless either, every one of those names belongs to a competent person. Send the call. Dismissed, Strong."

The woman stood swiftly, crisp white shirt and skirt not the slightest bit wrinkled from sitting. The civet transferred herself to the woman’s shoulder and together they left the office, the dossier tucked neatly under one arm.
I don’t like it Amber,” The civet said in a low tone. “We’re gonna be put in charge of green horns and to do what? You know what happened last time we took a mission like this…in that place.
The woman, Amber, didn’t even slow. “We’re not paid to question orders. Chief Darcy hasn’t been wrong so far. He must think an awful lot of these people. I just hope…I hope we can stop them for good this time.

2018 is the opening year to a bright and progressive world: Humans, as far back as written history goes have been paired at the age of fifteen with intelligent and oftentimes quite articulate companions of every animal species. Once the bond is made the animal and girl or boy share a near-unbreakable friendship that lasts the entirety of the human’s life. You are recruited agents of The Watch, assigned to the ongoing investigation of a series of murders and the cases of companions turning on their human partners. You will make up an elite team that will spearhead investigations using all the resources The Watch has available.
This is going to be a modern spy rp with half the agents being talking animals with their own set of skills and abilities that compliment their human partners. We'll be going all over the world, using the most advanced technology present day has to offer. This will be a detailed rp so I will expect high writing quality and good length posts. Below I've written a little more about the organization and the special bond between human and animal companion.

• The animals have no sapient thought before the process and it is not yet clear if all animals have the potential to bond. Once bound however the animal over the course of a few days gains complex thoughts and emotions and the power of speech. The animal will also match the lifespan of the human within days, regardless of what species the animal is. If the human dies however the animal slowly reverts back to it's original, simple brain patterns and loses the powers of speech and deep thought. It becomes just an animal again.
    Bonded animals have an intelligence equal to that of a human being and their cognitive abilities run on the same bell curve as humans. They can learn any skill a human can, provided they have the physical capacity to perform it and are competent agents in their own right.

Occasionally humans will pair with an exceptionally rare creature, a mythical beast or an animal that had once been thought extinct, though these instances are most uncommon, and likewise reflect a very uncommon and powerful personality in the human. These characters will be in the story but I will not be permitting them as playable characters.

zCrookedz zCrookedz Lioness075 Lioness075 deer deer Bolts Bolts Flutterby Flutterby

Last edited:
i'm so happy this is coming back, eeep !
second ! < 33

Good to see you still alive and well silverflight!! tbt magicborne days haha

This sounds super interesting and I would love to join :) Playing one of the talking animals is rather intriguing.

Good to see you still alive and well silverflight!! tbt magicborne days haha

This sounds super interesting and I would love to join :) Playing one of the talking animals is rather intriguing.
The original idea is that you'd be playing both a human and their animal partner, but I'm sure if someone else is willing you could split the pair.

That could be a really fun concept if played out well. ^^
Agreed! It would require a lot of discussion and planning for the dynamic to seem genuine. I'll give it more thought once we get more information from the real thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back