• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern CLOSED

Characters
Here

LyO5oX4.jpg
N
ico couldn’t help the laugh that came out when Isadora made a comment about marrying him now because he was a chef. He was relieved that she had a sense of humor, he loved to joke around and laugh, so maybe that could be something that would help them bond. “Don’t be so quick to marry me, you have no idea what you're in for with me.” he joked, raising an eyebrow and giving her a smirk.

“As far as my best dish, I don’t think we have time for that today. But I will definitely make it for you before we leave this program.” as he said that he returned to the pantry and began looking at its contents. After grabbing some items, he returned to the counter in front of Isadora. “How about some tasty flatbread's? They are simple and are perfect for if you're hungry or just want a snack.” He turned on the oven and returned to the refrigerator and grabbed some items to make a variety of flatbread's.

When he returned to the Isadora he began making the dough. “So tell me what do you do?” he asked as he realized he didn't know anything about her yet. As he listened to her, he mixed the dough and rolled it by hand. Then he turned his attention to the toppings, chopping and slicing vegetables as fast as he could.
As he turned to check the temperature of the oven, he began to wonder if any of the other people from their group would join them soon. When he looked up from the oven he gave Isadora a smile, he was actually enjoying this first meeting of theirs. Before arriving he had so much anxiety about who and what what his fiance would be, and Isadora seemed like a good person to spend the program with. And even if only a friendship came from it, it was already a better outcome than originally expected.

Nico Wright

codedbycrucialstar

[div class=container][div class=bgimg]
[div class=open][div class=opentext][/div][/div][/div]

[div class=textbg][/div][div class=textbox]

Isadora laughed, and returned the smile. She was glad he had a sense of humor and she could joke around with him. However, she did find him right. She had no idea where he was from, his mothers name, anything like that. Since she was honestly in this for the marriage (sure, so she could get the money, not the point) she decided she really needed to learn those things.

She nodded in understanding as he said he couldn’t make his favorite, but did a small fist pump and a ‘yes’ as he said he would make it for her at some point. “Honestly, that sounds really good right now.” She said, her stomach giving off a quiet growl to emphasize the point. She made herself a quick glass of water (after opening like five different cabinets to find the cups) , gesturing to it asking if Nico wanted a glass.

She paused on taking a sip from her water as Nico asked what she did, and smiled back at him. This wasn’t nearly as nerve wracking as she thought it would be. She expected a ton of stuck up upper classes grasping for extra trust fund money. She realized now that was a really bad stereotype to put on people she’d never met. “I’m a physiologist, actually. Some of my friends say I could’ve been a physiatrist, and gotten like, four times what I make now a year, but it would take five more years of med school for that.” She said, before tilting her head. “And you?? I know you said you’re a chef, but what’s the restaurant you work for?” She asked, leaning her arms up against the counter in a relaxed manner. She didn’t mind talking to her new fiance one on one, but she did wonder where everyone else was. Did they decide to put to eat, or what? If Isadora was honest, she wouldn’t get back in any car for the next few hours even if they offered to give her parents fortune to her right now.

[/div]
[/div]
⠀♡coded by uxie♡

[class=container] height:400px; width:320px; margin:auto; position:relative; [/class] [class=textbg] height:400px; width:320px; background:url(''); background-size:130%; opacity:0.3; position:absolute; top:0px; left:-1px; [/class] [class=textbox] height:390px; width:310px; position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px; overflow-y:scroll; padding:5px; [/class] [class name=textbox] font-size:12px; text-align:justify; color:black; [/class] [class=bgimg] height:400px; width:320.5px; position:absolute; left:-0.5px; background:url('https://78.media.tumblr.com/fb0fc803387c9eccd01a904f7787448f/tumblr_ov2f1hbQoD1w6n4tao1_500.jpg'); background-size:101%; z-index:6; [/class] [class=open] height:70px; width:70px; border:5px solid #fff0b7; background-color:white; border-radius:50%; margin:auto; position:relative; top:140px; opacity:0.95; cursor:pointer; z-index:6; [/class] [class=opentext] font-size:30px; color:#92dba5; text-align:center; position:relative; top:12.5px; z-index:6; [/class] [script class=open on=click] addClass slideUp1 bgimg addClass slideUp2 open [/script] [class=slideUp1] animation-name: {post_id}slideUp; animation-duration:1.7s; animation-fill-mode:forwards; [/class] [class=slideUp2] animation-name: {post_id}slideUp; animation-duration:5.7s; animation-fill-mode:forwards; [/class] [animation=slideUp] [keyframe=0] transform: translateY(0px); [/keyframe] [keyframe=99] transform: translateY(-450px); [/keyframe] [keyframe=100] transform: translateY(-450px); visibility:hidden; [/keyframe] [/animation]

ROANOKE

Interacting With: Adam _amaranth_ _amaranth_
Mood: Nervous

Roanoke didn't know what to expect. Would her fiance (stars, it seemed so odd to even think of such a thing) be friendly, or would he be cool? Reserved or calm, excited or flirtatious? Perhaps he wouldn't be or feel anything at all and the whole thing would be called off with one slip-up. She doesn't know what would be worse. She never imagined herself with anyone, especially not like this, where she knows next to nothing about the person she'll be assigned to spend the rest of her life with-- if it even gets that far. She feels thirteen again, sitting on the edge of a bridge suspended above water and two lanes of highway, a drink in her hand, and wondering how cold the water would be if she jumped down. Wondering what would happen if she missed and ended up anywhere but the river.

She raises her head, scanning the room briefly as the Director arrives, her attention brought back to the people in the room. All so different, all so unknown... she thinks to herself, a knot of nerves twisting in her stomach. She shakes her head, aggravated at her own jitters, and wishing she could be sitting down with a bottle of Jolon's spiked lemonade. Her eyes catch on a tall man, and when their eyes meet, she stops breathing for a moment as she stares into his eyes, a bright, pristine blue. Intrigue and awe overcame her nerves for half a second, artistic appreciation overcoming her worries at the sight of those beautiful eyes. He smiles at her, a charming, supernatural thing that reminds her of the fairytales her mother used to tell her. It makes a round of not-quite butterflies erupt in her chest, flutterings of nerves and uncertainty and something else.

She inhales, taking a deep and slightly shaky breath as the woman begins reciting names, her heart beating faster and her jaw tightening in the suspense. You'd think I'm an insecure middle schooler walking to the front of the debate club, with the way I'm reacting, she thinks to herself, scoffing at her ridiculousness but unable to keep her worry from creasing her brow.

Adam, she echoes, her eyes flickering to the man who'd unearthed her only mere moments ago. She's not sure if it's destiny, or the whims of some terrible humor that she would be paired with a man so openly calm about this whole thing. Was he nervous, even a little bit? Did he have doubts or reservations, or was he simply that confident? He sends her a reassuring smile that she can't help but reciprocate, grateful for a gracing gesture. It isn't like her to be so shaken, but given the nature of their new relationship... perhaps she's entitled to a bit of fear? Determined to shake off her nerves, she walks over to him as he practically bolts up from the couch, and she tries to hide her reflexive jump at the action. She tilts her head at him, her smile widening a little more. Perhaps he's just as nervous as I.

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Roanoke, Roanoke Montenegro," she says, shaking his hand and wondering if he could feel how tense she was, or if her hand was sweating. By the stars, that would be embarrassing. He's tall, much taller than her, and she finds herself having to tilt her head back in order to meet his eyes. Nerves dart around in her when he stares back, and she does her best not to look away.

"Ace? That's a curious nickname," She says, her grin growing broader as she sits at the couch beside him, still tense but relaxing. He is nervous, too, his little ramble and slight awkwardness prove it. It makes her feel more comfortable; a bit more confident. He had felt untouchable before, standing high above her, but seeing him nervous, embarrassed, makes him feel a bit more human. Not to mention it was pretty endearing. Perhaps she was so worried over nothing? Perhaps this relationship could work out?

"I'm here because of a meddlesome mother, unfortunately," she says with a grimace, her grin falling into a thin smile at the reminder of her greedy mother. "That, and a rather bleak love life. What about you?"

OOC: I lost all of my ability to write somehow so i'm apologizing for this awkward monstrosity

code by yousmelldead

Avery heard his happy sigh when she touched his hair, and for a moment, she actually thought that maybe she had found a match in him. It seemed that someone touching his hair had the same effect it had on her. She could easily sit there and let someone play with her hair for hours, and she'd happily take that over any kind of massage. Sadly most of the people she hung out with were not that type, but it seemed that Jolon might be.

He straightened after she dropped her hand, and confirmed that he could indeed cook. Anything but spaghetti, and she couldn't help the playful scoff that escaped her lips. "Spaghetti is the first thing I learned how to make." She nodded, crossing her arms over her chest but smiling at him. "Looks like we might be a match after all."

She asked the hard question next, but he only paused for a moment before smiling at her. She felt as though his answer hit her like a tractor trailer truck, and her smile faded some. She quickly tried to ease her thoughts, remembering that this entire program was a setup. Besides, his next comment had her grin returning, and she shook her head, making sure he saw her exaggerated eye roll. "You are a flirty one, aren't you?"

Not that she minded. The attention was nice.

He turned the question around on her, and she sighed, thinking of her mom in the moment. "My parents wanted to set me up for success, I guess." She shrugged one shoulder. "Guess they knew I'd need it." She laughed, but the truth of the matter was... she did need the help.

Outfit: Click! | Mood: "This is fine." | Tags: Jolon ( dog_teeth dog_teeth )

AVERY

Adam Wade
The idea itself was easier than the real think. At least that was what Adam thought. Not that he suddenly got cold feet, not at all. But when his name was called and the name of his fiancée was announced as well, his heart skipped a beat. And then again when she was walking to him. Wow, the ever confident lawyer now felt as any of those sweaty people on the witness stand. But the girl was beautiful and seemed nice. She had something about her that was making Adam to want to know more and more.

When she introduced herself, Adam smiled again. It seemed like that grin couldn’t just leave his face. No need to say he was satisfied. She was his type of girl. And if her nature was as amazing as her looks, he might have just found the perfect match. Well, not him…Doctor Monroe. But so far, Adam was absolutely satisfied. He didn’t really date before and if he did, the girls were only hungry for his wealth and name. And Adam was not interested in marrying a gold digger.

“Roanoke? That is certainly unusual name. I like it. Any nickname though? Can I call you Roe or is it too rude?” he asked and put his left leg over the knee of his right, turning his body slightly so he would be facing her. She was nervous, he could see that. But apparently, so was he. It was understandable under the current circumstances but Adam decided to approach it as any other meeting. He simply needed to ease into it.

“Yeah, I got it at college. Not sure how it happened but it stuck with me so much that I started to introduce like that everywhere I went. Now I don’t though.” he chuckled amusedly. “But I do mention it once in a while. You don’t even have to use it if you don’t like it.” Babbling again. ‘Adam, my man, you should put your shit together.’ His mind kept talking to him and he couldn’t help but feel distracted at points.

“Bleak love life I can understand. I cannot even remember when was the last time I went on a proper date. So, here I am, getting myself a bride so I kind of found the perfect match. If you believe that such thing exists.” he shrugged and smiled softly, hoping it wasn’t too forward.

“Okay, tell me, Roanoke. What do you like to do? How can I make you laugh? Or what do I do to keep you entertained?” he asked, perking up a bit and subconsciously reached for her hand. Adam, though not having a vast date history, was always quite direct and acted on instinct. And since they both were here and together now, Adam wanted to make this as comfortable for them both as possible.
the main room

mood

excited; satisfied

outfit

this

tags

Roanoke dog_teeth dog_teeth
coded by natasha.

Mu0hAs0.jpg
F
rankie was amused by his new fiance’s nerves, and was happy that at least she wasn’t too nervous to speak. He looked her up and down as she spoke and was happy with what he saw. While attraction was exactly necessary for him to go through with a marriage, it would be important if the marriage was going to last. The girl in front of him was his type, there was no doubt in his mind that if he had seen her outside of this that he would hit on her. Now within the circumstances of the program, he would have to remind himself not to be a gentleman and not let his attraction to her take him too far. After all, this was his fiance, not some girl he met at a club or something.

Frankie nodded at her idea of leaving the room, he shared her thought on not wanting to do the whole get to know each other thing with all the other people around. “Yeah, it's a nice day out and the grounds around the house look nice, a walk sounds good.” he answered. As they crossed the room, Frankie looked at the others in the room. Looked like they weren’t the first to leave, because there were two people missing from the room. When he reached the doorway he opened the door and waited for her to exit before following behind.

Once they were outside, Frankie looked around, “Any preference on which way we should walk?” he asked. The land surrounding the giant house that they would be living in for the next couple months was huge. There were no houses even close to them, and the ones he could see seemed to be very far away. They were in a remote area, and that made him a bit nervous. While he had spent some time traveling to different areas, he had never been anywhere that remote. And growing up in Brooklyn meant he was used to crowded cities and a lot of people.

He waited for Vicky to pick a path and followed her lead. She still seemed a bit nervous, so he decided it was up to him to break the ice. “So how about I start.” he said with a small laugh. “I’m twenty-two and from Brooklyn. I have a big loud Italian family. I work in real estate for my father’s company.” he started. He took a moment to think of what else to say that might be interesting.

“Oh! Also you might find this interesting. My two older siblings went through this program as well.” He stopped there. Frankie had no problem talking. He was the kind of person who could talk for hours if given the opportunity, but he was also aware that some people thought he talked too much. And since he didn’t know Vicky, he figured it best to wait until he knew her to talk her ear off. “What about you?” he asked looking forward to finding out more about the person he could potentially marry.

Frankie Caruso

codedbycrucialstar

Vicky Olson
Frankie just radiated confidence. It was unmissable and all over him, hanging there like some kind of halo and Vicky enjoyed it very much. His open and cheerful mood was putting her on ease and he might not even know how much he was helping. Vicky wasn’t exactly the shy in-the-shell type of girl, usually it was quite the contrary. But the whole notion of getting engaged to a stranger and having only a few months to get to know him before saying “I do” to him was really stressing her out.

Vicky felt incredibly relieved when he agreed to leave the room. It felt hot and unnatural and there were too many people. Not that anyone else was interested in Vicky and her hobbies, but still, she would feel much more comfortable if she got the chance to talk to Frankie in privacy. They walked outside together and her head was swimming with questions, feelings, reactions and it all created a great deal of mess.

“Oh! There’s garden over there!” she exclaimed, all excited and a blush appeared on her cheeks when she realized it might have been too loud. But then, it was her, so…she shouldn’t apologize, right? If he was to marry her, he should meet the real her. “I mean, that way.” she said and flashed him a cheeky grin before they both started to walk towards a large flower garden. It must have taken months to put this place together and Vicky couldn’t stop looking around as the sweet flowery smell hit her nose.

Frankie started and once again, Vicky was glad he decided to be the icebreaker here. As he spoke, she was looking at him, just walking on instinct and kind of hoping she wouldn’t hit anything in front of her, That would certainly not be charming during their first meeting. And, umm, he was younger. Just one year but still. It wasn’t a problem for her, not at all. She was just used to dating older guys, sometimes maybe much older. This was a refreshing change.

Once he was done, she looked to the front and tucked her hands deeper in her pockets. “I’m twenty-three and I only live with my mom because my father is …” she stopped herself just in time not to say ‘asshole’. “…not living with us.” she finished after a two-second pause. It seemed like this was their family tradition if she could call it that which was interesting, to say the least.

“I graduated the New York Culinary Institute last year. I am a pastry chef and I actually own a small bakery and pastry shop downtown. It’s called Regina’s, if you ever around.” she smiled and there was a hint of pride in her voice. “I have only set it up recently but it got a bit popular soon so I couldn’t really be happier.” she went on but then realized she might have been babbling.

Her eyes lingered on a bush of roses for a while and the corners of her mouth curled in a smile. She loved roses and always had them on her kitchen table in a vase. “Soo…since you clearly know more about this thing. What is going to happen?” she asked and looked back at him. “I mean…what are we going to be doing here for the whole time being?” she specified and felt that she actually calmed down completely. Her initial worries and concerns were gone and she felt relaxed. Well, this might not be such a big disaster after all.

main room -> garden

this might be enjoyable after all...

this

Frankie unscripted unscripted
coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back