• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

my money's on...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yousmelldead

๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก๐ฌ๐ข๐š

Well, fuck.

There is no way in hell that is going to heal before tonight's fight. A frown pulled at each corner of my lips as I look at myself in the mirror as I examined the open cut on my abdomen. Two nights ago I had literally my ass kicked, but you should definitely see the other guy. I watch as my eyebrows raise, a smirk forming on my lips. Yeah, I know I'm a funny guy. "Ah." My nose scrunched up as I looked down at the wound, it had split back open last night. I was sure that the gorilla glue was going to hold it together, but apparently it's not meant for that purpose; who knew. A small purr came from the side of me, a warm presence now pressed up the side of my bare leg. I smiled, reaching over and patting the small white cat on the top of the head. "Yeah, I know I should just add more glue to it." It was already half past nine and I hadn't even left my apartment yet. The next fight was going to start in a little over an hour so I really need to get my ass in gear. Ripping the cap off of the gorilla glue I pressed the two flaps of skin together in a line and squeezed some of the glue out until it covered the line. With my free hand I lifted my toothbrush up, shoving it gently in my mouth as I began brushing my teeth. It was moment's like this where I truly wondered what direction my life was going in. Softly running the tip of my index finger over the line, I spit out the wad of toothpaste in my mouth. Good as new!

"
Listen Pancake, be good alright? I don't want to come back to a mess." Running my fingers through the cats fur one more time, I shut the bathroom light off and hurried out the door, throwing a leather jacket over my shoulders. Feeling the quick vibration from my jeans, I pull the phone out of my pocket quickly eyeing it over.

" Bringing my girl Delaney tonight Noah!

Don't scare her away!

-T"

A laugh escaped my lips as I pushed the phone deep into my pocket, my head shaking slightly. Of course Trish was going to be bringing her friend along to the fight. Trish was my--well I'm not really sure what to call Trish. She was one of my "sister's" when I was in a foster home ten years ago. We kept in contact even after her god awful stuck up family threw me out of the house. The girl always kept tabs on everything and anything in my life. Thanks to her I had been able to get the shitty apartment that I current reside in. She is the closest person I have that is my family, so scratch that yeah we can call her a sister. I shook the thought, my eyes scanning over the door leading into the underground club. Yeah, it looked like a piece of shit on the outside. But aren't those always the best places? I grinned as I pushed past the line of people forming to get into the club. "Ricky." The man nodded allowing me to move in between him and the crowd of people trying to get in through the door. "Dave." I nod back in respect before I am welcomed by a loud rush of music, enough for me to wince slightly. You would think I was used to the damn music by now. "Ricky! What the fuck man, you were supposed to be here an hour ago!" I simply shrugged moving past my best friend, Spencer, going straight towards my so called "dressing room". "Technically I'm not late. You need to chill out Spence." I hear the snort from behind me as Spencer follows me into the room, shutting the door behind him. "I was looking everywhere for you bro, there was like four different women in here looking for you. I had to get rid of them-Wait what the hell happened? You didn't go get stitched up at the hospital?" "You made them leave? You are literally a buzzkill." Throwing my jacket over the arm of the ratty couch I looked back down at the cut on my abdomen. Oh yeah, it was definitely going to rip open tonight. "It's not like I can show up at a hospital, I don't have health insurance." You know when someone is so mad at you that you feel it?

Yeah, that was Spencer currently. I let out a laugh as I tugged my jeans down, hearing Spencer shuffle around so he was facing away from me. It's not like he hasn't seen my junk before so I don't know what the big deal is. Quickly I pulled my sport shorts onto my body, tying them tightly to my waist before grabbing the hand wraps. "You are an idiot Noah." I instantly pick my head up to the sound of my actual name. I don't like to use that name when I'm here. That's the last thing I need is people knowing my actual name. "Ten minutes till you go out, remember you got 1k on this fight." Spencer looks at me, his hand raising before catching the palm of my own hand. "Let's kill it." I smirk, hand firmly pressed against Spencer's for only a moment before the blonde haired man disappears from my room. Each fight I earned a good amount of cash. All under the table, green, tax free cash. It was a lot of work but it was rewarding for sure. My knuckles were black and blue from the fight two nights ago but they were quickly covered up by the white hand wrap. I liked to use white hand wrap, it showed my opponent how much of their blood is literally on my hands. It freaks them out, don't ask me why because I couldn't answer that.

Hearing the loud roar of cheering coming from outside of the dressing room door, I sighed scanning myself in the mirror one last time before pressing my forehead to the mirror. Eyes closed, I breathed in for ten seconds before heading out of the dressing room and into the shouts of people.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Ladies and Gentlement! Welcome to The Wounded Wild!"

That was Duke, he was the one who came up with this whole charade. He opened a bar right upstairs of the club, he makes a shit ton of cash from this whole thing. Duke also happens to be the man who took me in off the streets when I was 18 and had no where to go. He taught me to fight--well how to really fight. "It's going to be one hell of a fight tonight! I hope no one is squeamish!" I rolled my eyes as Duke presented myself and my opponent, Macky, to the ring. First off, who the hell names themselves Macky? I let a laugh slip out from my already smug lips as I duck under the rope, the smug look not leaving my face. The guy was shorter than I was, but he had a hell of a lot more weight than I had on me. Yeah, I was pretty tall 6'5" to be exact but I was extremely lean for my build. "We have Macky in the far corner! Winning six consecutive wins in the past month!" I leaned into the corner of the ropes, hearing the crowd scream out the other's name. I was a cocky dude, however I knew what I was capable of so I had every right to be cocky. "And in the other corner we have our home champion.....Ricky!" I watched as Macky took a few steps forward and I matched his steps my dark brown eyes not leaving his emerald green ones. "Tread carefully Little Dicky."

The fuck. I hadn't even realized my fist going up and connecting with Macky's right cheek knocking the man on the ground. Well crap, that's a false start.

Last edited:

ashlyn-castro-1.jpg

No way. I wasn't going tonight. There was absolutely no way. Trish had spent the last half an hour trying to convince me to come out with her. Now I usually would end up caving within the first 10 minutes and going wherever she wanted to go but the difference tonight was that she refused to tell me where we were going which meant one thing ...... trouble. If she couldn't tell me where it is the chances are it's because I'd definitely refuse to go, so here I was telling her for the 23rd time that there was no way I was coming until she at least told me where the place was and what we'd be doing.

Trish let out a small groan and held her hands up in the air in frustration, "Del please. I never ask you to do shit for me." She said and I immediately raise my eyebrow at her because the both of us know that's absolutely not true. Trish is always asking me to come places with her and I do it because she's my best friend and I love her but we both know I would always rather me at home with my sketchbook. "Okay ...." She said dragging her words out "I ask you to do things a lot but I just really need you to come with me this time. I can't go on my own and it's not like you have anything better to do." She said hoping to sway me. I hold up my sketchbook and laugh softly at her "I have some sketches to do.." I point out. Trish lets out another groan "I swear I'm going to hide that thing from you one day, you're way too attached to it. Come on Del. You're 21 not 61, you should be out there living life not sitting up in your room day in and day out. So please......" She said pouting at me and sticking her lips out. I let out a small sigh, "Fine. Fine. I'll come." I said giving in to her like I always do. I just wanted Trish to be happy so if that meant I had to abandon my sketchbook for the evening then that's what I'd have to do. Trish jumped up and cheered, "I knew you'd come" She smiled smugly. "I can still change my mind" I tell her, joking with her as a small smile grows on my face. Trish held out her hands defensively "Woah .... woah ... woah. Let's not make any hasty decisions here." She said which made me laugh and shake my head at her. "Go get changed and we'll get going. Wear something cute." She called out as she left my room.

So that's how I ended up doing the very thing I insisted I wouldn't do tonight. I really had wanted to stay home tonight, I had started a sketch in class today and it had been on my mind all day, I was itching to complete it but I guess it would have to wait. Whatever was going on tonight clearly meant a lot to Trish and I didn't want to let her down so I pushed my own feelings aside and did what I needed to do to make her happy. I had a tendency to do that. I always put everyone else's happiness before my own. Sometimes it can really weigh me down but at other times it was really rewarding. Tonight was definitely the latter.

I opened up my wardrobe and wondered what someone wears when they don't even know where they we're going. I let out a small sigh, even if I asked Trish where we were going so I could pick out an outfit she'd refuse to tell me. She'd end up wanting to pick out my clothes and that wasn't a good idea. Trish and me had very different styles. She went for sexy. I went for comfy. I picked out an outfit that was cute enough. The black jeans were form fitting and hugged my tiny waist and the curves I had and the pink top did the same. I didn't show off much cleavage but did leave a section of my tanned stomach on show. I left my naturally curly dark hair hanging loose, put on a tiny bit of makeup, slipped on some trainers and I was out of the door.

---------

When we arrived at the place and Trish parked the car, I looked at her in confusion. It looked like an abandoned building that was in desperate need of some repairs. "Trish where the hell are we? Stop messing with me and drive us to wherever we're really going." I told her which just made Trish laugh. "Don't you trust me?" She joked "Yes I do but right now I'm questioning that trust. This place looks like where serial killers drag their next victims." I tell her, turning my head and looking back at the building. "Stop being dramatic and get your ass out the car." She said, laughing slightly as she climbed out of the car.

Against my better judgement, I climbed out of the car and followed Trish into the building. When I stepped inside I was a little shocked, this definitely wasn't what I had been expecting. There was a huge ring in the centre of the room and the place was absolutely packed full of people who we're waiting to watch the match. My head snapped in Trish's direction, "You couldn't just say you wanted to go to a boxing match?" I asked her as she grabbed my hand and led me towards two seats near the front, "Well if I said that I'd be lying." She said giving me a cheeky smile, that smile always meant I wasn't going to be happy about what she was going to tell me. "I don't get it. How is this not a boxing match?" I asked feeling very very confused. "Well it is but it isn't. It's an underground fighting match." She explained and as soon as those words left her lips, alarm bells were ringing in my head. The word ILLEGAL was ringing in my head. Yep I was going to kill Trish. "You brought my to an illegal fighting match?" I whispered to her, looking around nervously as if a police officer was going to pop up at any moment and arrest me. "Trish this is a bad idea, we could get in trouble." I tell her. Trish laughed, "Del relax. I come here every week, nothing bad is going to happen so just sit and relax." She said squeezing my shoulder. I let out a small sigh and sat down on the chair, I looked over at Trish "For the record .. next time you ask me to come somewhere with you it's an automatic no." I said which made Trish laugh. "Yeah. Yeah." She said waving off what I said knowing that I'd still probably end up coming next time.

-----------

After being there for about half an hour, my worries that a police officer would show up and we'd get in trouble had settled down quite a bit but I was still slightly on edge. I just wanted the match to start already and my wish quickly got granted because the two opponents has just climbed into the ring. I looked over to Trish, "So he's the foster brother you had that got kicked out?" I ask nodding in your direction. Whilst we had waited for the match to begin Trish had filled me in on why today was an important match and how she knew you. Trish nodded her head at my question, "He's gotten really good at this over the past year" She told me and my eyes quickly drifted back over to you. There was no denying you were good looking, your chest was muscular, your dark eyes had this intensity to them that I could feel all the way from here and the tattoos you had all over your arm just seemed to add to the mysterious aura you had around you. I could feel my cheeks heating up slightly and turning a shade of pink as I noticed all these little things about you, I quickly pushed all those thoughts away and concentrated on the match that was about to start any second now.

After the names of the opponents were announced, a small gasp escaped my lips. You had just punched your opponent hard in the face before the match had even started. it looked like a powerful punch, one that would mess up someone's face and make them feel serious amounts of pain. Even illegal fighting had to have some rules. I turned to Trish, "Is he allowed to do that?" I asked her and the concern on her face already told me everything I needed to know. "No" She said quietly and shaking her head "He's being an idiot. He's going to fuck this up for himself." She said rubbing her forehead slightly out of worry.

There was shouts coming from behind me, hands grabbing my arms back as I watch Macky press his palm against his swollen cheek. It was as if everything was moving in slow motion as my feet dragged across the mat to my corner. I close my eyes briefly before opening them to a very ticked off Spencer. He was shouting at me, though the shouts in the room were so loud it was barely audible. "Ricky, what the fuck!" I frown, my eyes darting back over to Macky who was now in his corner getting reprimanded by some man. "I know Spence, you can save the lecture for someone else." I took a swig of the water bottle before standing back up, stopping in my tracks as Spencer's hands now grip onto either side of me. "Don't lose focus. This guy is known for his shit talking." I nod briefly before moving around Spencer, making my way back to the center of the ring.

"
Two points automatically go to Macky. False start on Ricky." I can hear the irritation coming from Duke as he eyes me and then Macky. Macky was staring at me and I couldn't help but let out a laugh. His face was already pretty roughed up and the match technically hadn't started yet. The other began to open his mouth but I opened mine first, "Don't make assumptions on things that aren't true." I grinned, showing my white teeth before winking at the now rather furious man in front of me. "You little-" "And fight!" Macky was cut off quickly by Duke who was now rushing out of the ring. Unfortunately the poor guy has gotten whacked before so he knew enough to get the hell out of there while he still had the chance. My opponent was quick, I will give him that. The punch came out of nowhere, thankfully I had managed to dodge it, ducking my head down quickly. Why does everyone always aim at my head? Like, I get it I have a pretty nice face. Why try to fuck it up? Moving my fists in position I take two quick jabs to Macky's body, one fist going directly into his collar bone while the other connecting with the right side of his rib cage.

The crowd was insane tonight. I can't believe people really bet cash on other men beating the shit out of each other. I fucking love America. "
Two points, Ricky! Eight more points to go gentlemen!" Alright, I can handle this at least its a tied match. Spreading my fingers out slightly I let out a sigh, my lashes blinking rapidly as I try to clear my vision from the sweat coming down my forehead. Four jabs and two kicks; I was so close to beating this asshole. Yeah, he had gotten me a few times but we were almost there. I had two points to go while he had four. As cocky as I am, I never tell myself that I won until the match was over. I heard a grunt come from Macky, blood now spattered on the mat in perfect circles. I was surprised that the guy was still up though honesty. "Let's go little Dicky!" Seriously what was this guys problem? "Do you not understand English? Ask any girl in here, I am not fucking little." I spat out, charging at the man who ducked his body out of my way, my own body coming into contact with the rope.

That's when I saw you.

Perfect.

My mind went blank as I felt a buildup in my chest. What the fuck was that about? You looked scared, but why? If Trish had brought you to something like this then you should have expected a fight right? I wanted to take the look right off your face. Fuck, Noah get it together. My eyes traveled slowly, the dark curly hair to the mole delicately placed above your lips, to your lips. I felt my own lips parting slightly, words caught in the back of my throat. What the fuck was happening.

"
RICKY!" I hadn't even heard the shout come from behind me before my abdomen was slammed into the rope. Squeezing my eyes shut I whipped my body around, the fear in Macky's eyes was permanently drilled into my head. The cut that I had previously glued back together was split open wide. The smell of blood stung my nostrils as I pinned the man to the ground, my fists coming into contact with his head. I felt the blood trickle down my abdomen, soaking the top of my shorts. Fucking great. Now I was going to have to use my prize money on a hospital trip instead of my rent. "Ricky! Ricky! Stop! You won!" I hadn't even realized Spencer pulling me off of the man laying unconscious on the mat. My mind felt foggy, like none of this even happened. "Noah, what is going on?!" My eyes drifted back over to you, a frown tugging at my lips as I place my hand firmly over the open wound. I peered back at Spencer, shaking my head slightly before stepping off the mat and disappearing into my dressing room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Spencer groaned in frustration, making his way through the crowd to where Trish and Delaney were. "Trish, good thing you came to this one. We have to bring Noah to the hospital before he passes out. Fucking idi--Oh I'm sorry, hey I'm Spencer." Spencer smiled softly at Delaney, his blonde hair sticking up from when he had pulled on it earlier. He turned back to Trish, a frown now pulling at his lips. "You're the only one that will make him go. He can't keep putting fucking glue on it."

ashlyn-castro-1.jpg

My eyes widened as I saw your body hurl into the rope and my nose involuntarily scrunched up slightly as I tried to imagine the pain that you must of felt in that moment. Our eyes met and a small gasp escaped my lips and I found myself unable to drag my eyes away from yours even for a second. In that one look there had been so much intensity and I felt captivated by it. This was crazy. How could one look have this kind of effect on me? One look from a complete and utter stranger. I snapped out of the little daze I was in from the eye contact we shared and suddenly noticed your opponent quickly approaching you. My eyes grew wider and I quickly opened my mouth attempting to shout "Behind you" to you but by that time it was too late. I saw the impact of the hit on your face and I couldn't bare to look any longer, I quickly turned my head to the side and squeezed my eyes shut as I heard groans which I assumed were coming from you. In a way I felt guilty, you had been looking at me when you had got distracted from the match. I still didn't completely understand what had just happened. Why had you been looking at me? Why had you been looking at little old me? It must have confused Trish too because she looked over at me with a questioning look, "Have you and Noah met before?" She asked me and I quickly shook my head, "No. I've never met him before." I tell her as my eyes drifted back to the ring. Trish didn't really seem satisfied with that answer, maybe it was because she had never seen you look so .... distracted by a girl before.

---------------

The match ended and a small sense of relief waved over my body which I couldn't even explain rationally. You were a complete stranger to me. But you had won nonetheless. Trish had been talking to me about something but I was once again distracted. My head was to the side and I was studying you, trying to understand what that feeling I had felt earlier was. You definitely needed to see a doctor desperately, my nose scrunched up once again as I saw the dark red blood seeping out of the open cut you had and the several other places where you had been hurt. How could you remain so composed when you were in a state like that? I would have been crying out in pain. Much to my surprise your head turned to my direction and we made eye contact again, you had caught me staring at you and that made my cheeks heat up and turn a shade of light pink. One look from you and I was blushing. Trish shoved my arm hard which caught my attention, "Sorry what?" I asked her clearly confused about what she was talking about. I tried to keep my eyes from looking back over at you even though I had wanted to so badly. "What's wrong with you tonight? You seem out of it. Was it all the blood?" She asked me and I gave her a simple nod. Letting her think that I was freaked out by the blood was way easier than having to explain something that I didn't even understand.

Trish opened her mouth to apologise for bringing me here but before she could a guy came over and joined us, him and Trish obviously knew each other and I stood there silently feeling slightly awkward and out of place. I smiled politely at the guy who had just introduced himself as Spencer, "I'm Delaney." I said. Trish nodded her head as Spencer told her that she needed to speak to you. "Do you want me to wait here for you?" I asked her not really wanting to intrude and Trish quickly shook her head, "No. Come with me. There are some dodgy characters around here." She said grabbing my hand and pulling me across the room to the door. "I got to go get his money sorted and some paperwork too. Come get me when you've convinced him to go to the hospital." Spencer said and turned around, rushing off in the opposite direction.

---------------

When we had got to the door of the room that you must of been in, Trish turned to me "Del ... Noah can sometimes get worked up and lash out a little after a match but don't get freaked out. He's a good guy, he just has is own fucked up way of dealing with the aftermath of a match" She told me and I immediately nodded my head "I'll be fine I promise. You don't need to worry about me. Concentrate on him right now, he needs you." I told her and after that bit of reassurance Trish was confident enough to push open the door.

"Noah! What the fuck are you thinking? You have to go the hospital, you're a fucking wreck" Trish said, immediately raising her voice at you. I walked into the room behind her and closed the door behind me. So your name was Noah. I liked it, it suited you. I turned around and stood back against the wall not really knowing what to do with myself whilst Trish had a go at you for not wanting to go to the hospital. To be honest I didn't completely understand that decision but it wasn't my place to say anything. I had my eyes fixated on the ground and my trainers as Trish continued to speak but when I looked up my eyes immediately locked onto yours yet again.

If looks could kill I'd be dead right now.

My glare was deeply focused on the bleeding cut on my abdomen. How did I manage to black out like that? "
Ah, fuck." I hiss out in pain, a grunt passing through my lips as I press more firmly down on my abdomen. Spencer--no Trish was going to haul my ass to the nearest emergency room. I could already hear the shouts coming from the small girl. Pressed my neck into the back of the couch, I let my eyes wander shut as I inhaled deeply. I've had worse wounds than this for sure. Maybe I put too much glue on it and that's why it hurts like a mother. It hadn't even been a few minutes before the door swung open and the yelling had begun. For such a little girl, Trish sure had a loud voice. "Right on schedule." I mutter under my breath, my dark eyes opening to view the ceiling for just a moment before leaning my neck straight. My eyes locked onto Trish's form, watching as her body shook ever so lightly as she yelled at me. "You're not my mother, Trish." I said matter of factly, my eyes moving to the back wall where you stood. There she is. A smirk played its way across my lips before I leaned forward, my feet now pressed flat on the floor. "Hey there Toots." My eyebrows raised slightly as I watched you curiously. You seemed awkward or maybe uncomfortable? Whatever you were, it was unbearable cute. "Don't you dare start Noah Nicholas!" My eyes snapped back to Trish who was now grabbing my right arm, pulling me off of the couch into a standing position. "Do you have any idea how much an ER visit will co--" My mind was there but my body apparently was not. I felt my knees give out my body too large for Trish to hold me steady. The floor felt cool and it actually helped my aching muscles. Had I passed out?

"God damnit Noah." Trish exhaled deeply, turning to look at Delaney with a small apologetic smile playing on her lips. She pulled out her phone, shooting a quick text to Spencer before sighing and grabbing some of Noah's clothes. There was no way he wasn't going to the hospital now. "Trish, I didn't mean knock him out when I said to talk to him into going to the hospital." Spencer grinned as he made his way into the room, his head nodding over at Delaney for a second before helping Trish put Noah back onto his feet. Yep, the boy was most definitely unconscious. "Let's get him to the hospital, my cars around front."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -

"I don't even understand why he stopped so short at the rope."

"I've never seen him like that before."

Trish was speaking....so was Spencer. Wait, where the fuck am I? My dark brown eyes opened slowly, blinking a few times as I took in the florescent light. Fuck me, I was in a hospital. "
Seriously guys, why are you so fucking loud?" The hairs of my arms stood straight up, a rush of cool air blasting me in the chest. For christ's sake they had me in the Arctic with how cold it was. Slowly I pressed myself up onto the pillows, my palms pressing into the bed slightly as I sat up fully. I noticed my shirt was off and there was a piece of gauze taped cleanly over the section of my abdomen where I had cut. Without hesitating, I ripped the gauze off in one swift motion making my toned stomach ripple slightly. "Jesus christ Noah." Oh crap, right I forgot I wasn't the only one in the room. My head snapped up while my eyes now concentrated on the three individuals in the small hospital room. There you were, still in the damn back wall. A smirk danced on my lips as I set the gauze down, patting the edge of the hospital bed. "Why don't bring your pretty little self over here?" I saw the heat creep onto your cheeks and my eyes locked on your lips. I opened my mouth to speak before I quickly shut it as Trish's body was now placed at the edge of the bed. "Don't even think about it Noah." Why was Trish a cockblock? Like seriously. I let out a small laugh, my eyes rolling in the process before I moved my leg, pushing the dark haired girl cleanly off of the bed. "Let's get the fuck out of here. It's creeping me out and Im starving." I groan out before sliding out of the bed, my bare feet now pressed against the cool tile. I stood up tall, my body ached but that never stopped me before. My breath caught in my throat. There was that feeling again. I turned my head, my eyes connecting once again with your own dark ones. Curiosity killed the cat my dear. The smirk played on my lips as I looked down at my body. Of course I was only in my boxers. "We could always stay here." I winked, my smirk forming into a toothy grin which had been slapped off my face by a pair of slim fitting jeans. "Get dressed loverboy." Now Spencer was the clockblock. This was not my night apparently.

Last edited:
ashlyn-castro-1.jpg

I stood back against the wall as Trish scolded you for not wanting to go the hospital, I didnโ€™t really know what to do with myself. It almost felt like I was intruding on a personal conversation and I was pretty sure the awkwardness was showing in my body language. When you spoke to me, your voice had this husky and manly element to it that was intoxicating. It made me want to hear you speak more. I heard you call me โ€˜tootsโ€™ and I turned my head to the side, looking away from you for a moment and rolling my eyes with a tiny smile on my face. You werenโ€™t fooling me. The big and matcho act seemed like it was just that .. an act. There was more to you than met the eye but it was all such a mystery. I pursed my lips together trying to suppress the even bigger smile that was growing on my face as Trish told you off for trying to flirt with me. But the smile on my face quickly disappeared as I saw you collapse to the floor, my first instinct was to rush over and help you. Maybe it was just because you were a person in pain or maybe it was because of the unexplainable tension and heat that I felt when we made eye contact. Either way I was worried. I was about to come over and help and try to pick you up even though the chances of me being able to do that were slim to none but at that point Spencer came in luckily and brought you up to your feet.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

The ride to the hospital hadnโ€™t been that long and whilst you were unconscious a doctor had came in and patched you up. Now that you had actually been seen by a professional, you were looking a lot better. All the dried blood that has seeped down your chest had been cleaned off and all that remained were a few small cuts here and there and the gauze that covered the large wound you had. Whilst Spencer and Trish deliberated what had got you distracted during the match and consequently gotten you this badly hurt, I studied you. You looked peaceful laying on the hospital bed like that. I narrowed my eyes slightly and studied you as if all my unanswered questions would magically become answered. I really didnโ€™t understand what had happened, it was a complete and utter mystery to me. Had you felt it too in that moment? You had to have felt it. Thereโ€™s no way you could have gotten so easily distracted from the fight if you didnโ€™t feel it.

I snapped out of the deep thoughts that were consuming my mind to the sound of the gauze being ripped off your body. I shook my head slightly and sighed. What were you doing? I didnโ€™t understand why you would rip the gauze off when it was put there to help you and make sure your wound didnโ€™t get infected. It was definitely a reckless move on your part.

When you spoke to me again I was in slight shock. Pretty little self? Me? I even looked around me in slight disbelief to see if there was some other girl here because that would make more sense. You thought I was pretty ... it just didnโ€™t make logical sense in my head. It wasnโ€™t possible that a guy like you would ever see me like that or even think I was attractive. Everyone else in that room probably would have disagreed with that if I had said it out loud but it was just a case where I really didnโ€™t know how beautiful I truly was. My cheeks had turned a shade of light pink from your compliment and I felt a shyness come over me. I heard Trish tell you off for flirting with me once again and this time a real and proper laugh escaped my lips, the both us had ended up laughing at the exact same time. As you stood up I couldnโ€™t help but stare a little, there was no denying that you had a great body and some would say it was perfect .. I would probably be one of those people even though Iโ€™d never admit it to a single soul. I could appreciate someoneโ€™s good looks and their beauty but acting on it was a completely different thing. Our eyes made contact again and it felt like the wind had been knocked out of me, my lips parted and the heat was rising once again to my cheeks. I had never felt like this before, just making eye contact with someone had never made me react like this. But that euphoric moment was quickly ruined by your mouth. I rolled my eyes and muttered a โ€œNot going to happenโ€ but it was loud enough for you to hear.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

โ€œIโ€™m going to go talk to the doctor and see if youโ€™re well enough and ready to be checked out.โ€ Spencer told you. He turned his head to Trish, โ€œCome with me please.โ€ He said and Trish nodded her head. She looked over at me, โ€œYou okay to stay here?โ€ She asked and I nodded, smiling at her concern for me โ€œGo. Iโ€™ll be fine.โ€ I told her. Before leaving the room Trish quickly turned to you, โ€œIf I hear youโ€™ve made a move on her or made her feel uncomfortable Iโ€™ll punch you in the balls.โ€ She said grinning at you sweetly and then leaving the room. I laughed again at Trishโ€™s words and then turned to face you after feeling your eyes on me. We were alone. It was like that small detail had made the tension between us dramatically rise in a matter of seconds. โ€œYou know they put gauze on wounds for a reason...โ€ I say sarcastically to you, pointing over at the gauze you discarded on the bed with a small smile on my face, my dimples showing slightly. โ€œIf you hate the hospital so much you should probably put it back on.โ€ I tell you, tucking a curl back behind my ear.​

Playing hard to get, I can get behind that.

I knew that I was charming, it had been a trait I picked up a long
long time ago. It helped me through many different situations, hell it even saved my life once or twice. Every girl that I had ever encountered threw herself at me. No I swear, like literally threw herself at me. It was a total turn off but us guys have needs, needs that need to be handled like all the time. You seemed shy and reserved in one moment but then a different more feisty side would surprise me. The shut down made my grin widen, my dark eyes not leaving yours. Challenge accepted darlin'.

I got dressed quickly, pulling the black jacket over my shoulders before leaning down to tie the strings of the boots. I let out a laugh, my hand coming up to wave off Trish who threatened to punch me. "Calm down Trish, I'm going to need those one day." I grinned, making Trish roll her eyes before leaving the room with Spencer. I didn't want to know how much this whole hospital visit was going to cost me. I really needed to start thinking about health insurance, or maybe I just needed to train harder. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of your voice, my head snapping up in your direction. Finishing the last knot on my boots I stood up, eyeing the gauze lying on the bed. A smile tugged at my lips. Ah, so you cared about me. "You know, I never did get your name." I say slyly, picking up the gauze on the bed before taking two small steps forward. The dimples were going to be the death of me, I already knew it.

Studying you carefully I took two more steps before standing directly in front of you, gauze still in hand. I studied you, noticing the fact that you wore barely any makeup at all or the way your hair curled perfectly around your face. "Since you care so much, why don't you put it back on? Hm?" I breathed softly, letting my hand lift gently with the gauze in my palm while my other hand lifted the hem of the white shirt letting it expose my stomach. I was almost a foot taller than you, I hadn't realized it until I was this close. The smell of you was intoxicating, something I knew that I could quickly get addicted to.

A0259F90-F189-4DC8-8F63-79F10B67AC85.jpeg

I let out a soft laugh as I hear you say you didnโ€™t catch my name. You were smooth and you knew it. You were definitely the type of guy who was used to having your way, I didnโ€™t need to know you to be sure of that but I also knew if thatโ€™s what you were expecting to happen with me you were going to be in for a rude awakening. You were probably used to girls throwing themselves at you without you even opening their mouths but I was nothing like that, in fact I was the complete opposite. I looked at you directly in the eye, โ€œIn order to get someoneโ€™s name you have to ask first and I donโ€™t recall you asking.โ€ I pointed out with a small grin on my face.

My body tensed up slightly as I saw you coming over, the tension thickening between us with every step that you took. When you stood infront of me I really did feel tiny, I just about reached your shoulders and had to look up at you to talk to you. I rolled my eyes playfully as you held the gauze up for me to put it on you. My eyes drifted down to the section of your stomach that was now exposed and the abs that were there. I was definitely blushing, there was no denying it, I could feel he heat radiating from my cheeks. I looked back up at you, my green eyed finding your dark ones and I smiled. โ€œDoes that usually work? The whole wounded act and asking the girl to patch you back up?โ€ I asked unable to wipe the smile off my face. It was clear that your charm wasnโ€™t working on me and I wasnโ€™t going to be one of your usual easy hookups. I just wasnโ€™t like that. โ€œI was just recommending you put it back on, I wasnโ€™t offering to do it for you. Iโ€™m sure youโ€™re more than capable of doing it yourself.โ€ I said, that fiesty side of me making another yet appearance.

โ€œSo is this the part where Iโ€™m supposed to just fall at your feet in absolute adoration and awe of you? Because thatโ€™s definitely not happening.โ€ I say unable to stop myself from letting out a small laugh. I turned around and headed towards the door, I paused at the doorframe for a moment and turned my head over my shoulder to look at you โ€œIt was nice meeting you Noah.โ€ I said, placing extra emphasis on your name to make a point to you that I knew your name but you still didnโ€™t know mine. I walked over to Spencer and Trish and could hear footsteps following me, knowing that they belonged to you.​

There was definitely a fire inside of you. That was one thing I was sure of.

Curiosity was eating at me, my eyes memorizing the way your breathe caught when you laugh or the way your green eyes shinned when you were smiling. "It does work actually." I said in a playful tone, my lips pressing together as I muffled a laugh. "I am absolutely more than capable of putting it back on myself, but that's no fun sunshine." I watched you carefully, my eyes not leaving yours for a moment as you made your way around me to the doorframe. You were different, there was no denying that. I turned on the ball of my feet, leaning against the wall as I watched you walk to the door. Mesmerizing, everything about you. My head tilted as I took in your small frame, watching your hips move gracefully as you took each step. My eyes wondered up slowly, meeting your own green ones as you looked over at me. Ah, I even liked the way you said my name. I couldn't help but wonder how you'd say it if we were in a different setting.

Pushing off of the wall, I made my way out of the small room following in your footsteps. "Del, he was good right?" Trish turned, her eyes going from Delaney over to Noah. They had just finished up all the paperwork for Noah's discharge. Thank god Spencer was Noah's manager or else this would have been a complete shit show. "Del?" I blinked, my eyebrows furrowing together as I looked at you. "Yeah, Delaney. I sent you it in a text earlier you jackass." So your name was Delaney. Very fitting. "Guys we are good to go." Spencer chimed in, placing the paperwork in his pocket before looking over at me. Fuck, I knew that look. "Sorry man, it was 800 for this visit." Eight Hundred Fucking Dollars For Stitches! "Oh fuck no." I whipped around to the nurses station, placing my palms on the desk. "Excuse me but I need to return these stitches, like fucking now." Spencer rolled his eyes, yanking me from the station. "You need food before you explode." Well, he wasn't wrong. I can be an extra ass when I was hungry.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The car ride to the diner was short, Trish sitting in the back with you while Spencer and I took the front. I couldn't help but take the few looks in the passenger side mirror, seeing your reflection in the mirror.

When we had gotten to the 24 hour diner I grinned, it was my absolute favorite place. There are milkshakes that were to literally die for. We had gotten a booth in the back of the restaurant. I waited until you were seated before I pushed myself into the booth next to you, cutting Trish off. "Sorry Trish, it's my turn to sit next to Laney." I watched Trish shake her head, mouthing a 'sorry' to you before taking the seat next to Spencer. "Noah?!" My head turned towards the older woman now making her way over to the table. If I had a mother, she'd be it. "Charlotte." I let a smile play on my lips before my arm stretched out across the back of the booth, my tattooed forearm gently pressed against the back of your neck. "This is my new friend Laney, she's never been here before. So we need to start with a round of shakes please."

AFE6C159-F364-47E9-B0AF-101D9B2E0F3C.jpeg

I rolled my eyes playfully at the small grin you had on your face now that you knew my name and turned my head to Trish, โ€œHe was good donโ€™t worry.โ€ I told her even though I was pretty sure if she had been in the room with us that entire time she would have definitely ended up keeping her promise and punching you in the balls. From the corner of my eye I could see you grinning at me as I lied to Trish about you being on your best behaviour and it made a smile of my own grow on my face. I had no idea why but for some reason that cheeky grin of yours just made me smile.

I couldnโ€™t help but laugh when you spoke about wanting to return the stitches even though it wasn't necessarily a funny situation, that moment was just so comical to me. But even then when you were having a mini tantrum over the price, you were still cute. Really cute. Really really cute.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

On the way to the diner I sat at the back of the car with Trish talking about college tomorrow and how early weโ€™d have to wake up. But I quickly got distant from my conversation with her when I felt your eyes on me through the mirror. But I resisted my urges to flick my eyes over to yours. I wanted to keep you on your toes a little, it seemed like you needed that for a change.

When we walked into the diner, I immediately got a whiff of all the delicious food and it made my stomach let out a small grumble. God the food here smelt great. I hadn't even realised just how hungry I was until that moment. I sat down in one of the booths ready to absolutely stuff my face with food when you slid into the seat next to me. I looked over at you and raised my eyebrow at you as you smugly grinned at me. You were very pleased with yourself right now. "Laney?" I asked scrunching up my nose slightly at the nickname, unable to hide my dislike for you calling me that. "Delaney is only two extra letters I'm sure you can say it." I told you to which both Trish and Spencer let out a small laugh. "I like this chick man. She doesn't let you get away with shit." Spencer said which made me give you a little smug smile. "It's Del or Delaney." I said in a slightly softer and sweeter tone to you.

I felt your arm move behind me and as soon as your forearm made contact with the back of neck a tingle ran down my spine. It was almost like a small electric shock to my body. I was sure that you felt how my body reacted to your touch but I wasn't going to look over and see that satisfied look on your face that I could already sense was there. I looked over at Charlotte and gave her a warm smile which she quickly returned. Charlotte returned her attention back to you, "She's a pretty one. Be nice to her boy, treat her right." She said pointing her pencil at you and giving you an almost knowing smile as if she already knew what the future held for us both. Charlotte left pretty quickly after that to go get the milkshakes you had just raved about.​

My nickname for you would grow on you, it was going to take time.

The grin didn't leave my face as I sighed, leaning farther into the booth as you corrected me to your actual name. I eyed Spencer who seemed to be routing you on, making my eyes roll lightly. He was of course right, no one ever really gave anything back to me. Well, except for Trish and Spencer. They were an exception to my rule of letting people in. It was a tough wall to break, which is why most people just gave in. But not you. I nodded my head once as you told me what I could call you, a smile playing on my lips. Though I liked your tone, I still wasn't going to call you either of those things. "Got it, De-Laney." I emphasized the last part of you name, shooting you a quick wink before turning to Charlotte who was writing down the milkshake order. The feeling of your hair standing straight up against my arm made the smug smirk dance on my lips making it all the more satisfying to leave my arm exactly where it was. "Always do." I smiled at Charlotte before she made her way back to the kitchen to get the milkshakes.

"
So you go to school with Trish, Delaney?" Spencer spoke as he leaned back in the seat, his eyes moving from Noah to Delaney, a smile forming on his lips. "It's nice to have someone else besides Trish around, I think you'll fit great in our group." Spencer laughed, pushing his shoulder slightly into Trish's making the other girl laugh and roll her eyes. I smirked, watching the two for a moment before shaking my head. Spencer had always had a thing for Trish but unlike myself, Spencer was too afraid to make a move. I always took chances, we only have one life to live I didn't want to waste it on "what if's." "Round of shakes!" Charlotte called out as she placed the six shakes in the center of the table, two chocolate, two vanilla, and two strawberry. "I wasn't sure what you'd like sweetheart so I brought different flavors." The older woman spoke sweetly to Delaney before placing her hand on Noah's shoulder. "I'll bring over a bunch of different options." She spoke before smiling at the group and moving back to the kitchen.

With my free hand, I grabbed one of the chocolate shakes and took a small sip before placing it back down. I reached in, grabbing the cherry from the top of the pile of whip cream and plopped the fruit in my mouth. I sat quietly, my arm moving slightly against the back of your neck. My mouth moved simultaneously, my tongue flicking over the cherry stem for a few short minutes before I slipped it through my teeth, hanging onto the end of it. I wasn't trying to show off, it's honestly just one of my favorite things to do. "I will never understand how you do that. " Spencer groaned in frustration, placing his now bitten up cherry stem on a napkin. I let out a laugh, retracting my arm from behind your neck making sure I let the tips of my fingers trace every so lightly on your skin before I grabbed the stem out from in between my teeth. I set the tied knot of the stem down in my own napkin. "Takes practice Spence." I turn towards you once more, tilting my head slightly to get a better look. "Do you live around here? Do you like cats?" I spoke casually, making Spencer choke on the sip of vanilla shake. "No one likes your damn cat Noah!" I rolled my eyes now turning to look at Spencer. "It's not my fault you don't know how to rub a pu-" "Noah." I bit down on my tongue, giving a look at Spencer who was now looking at me smugly. Ah right, I can have a pretty nasty mouth every now and then.

Right on time, Charlotte brought over the stack of burgers and fries to the table. Saved by the fucking bell.

Last edited:
ashlyn-castro-1.jpg

I rolled my eyes at you as you called me "De-Laney" on purpose knowing that you were doing it to bug me and get under my skin. I rolled my eyes at you again as you winked at me but this time there was a tiny smile starting to appear on my face and it was clear I hadn't taken it too seriously. I looked over at Spencer as he spoke to me and nodded my head, "Yeah we go to the same college but we do different courses. I study art." I told him, wanting to see yours and Spencer's reaction to that. Did I seem like an arty person? Would you both be like my parents and turn your noses down at art? I wasn't sure but I was keen to find out. Trish spoke up after I explained that I studied art, "Her sketches are so fucking good you guys. I'm not even joking. They're amazing. That sketchbook is literally attached to her hip, I barely got her away from it tonight." She said with a small laugh. I rolled my eyes at Trish and laughed along with her knowing that the part about me being attached to my sketchbook was definitely true. "Ha ha very funny Trish." I said sarcastically "I'm really not as good as she's making me out to be." I told you and Spencer, I've always been very modest about my art even though I am proud of a lot of things I've drawn. My sketchbook had almost become a diary for me, whilst some sketches were just for class and not very close to my chest ... there were others that I really had poured my heart and soul into and represented different moments in my life... the good and the bad.

I laugh as Spencer says that I'll make "a nice addition to the group" and give him a quick smile, "Well I'm glad I made the cut" I joke. I reached over and grabbed the other chocolate milkshake, shooting you a quick smile when I realised we had both reached for the same thing. I loved chocolate. Literally any kind of chocolate. Chocolate bars. Chocolate ice cream. Chocolate milkshakes. I loved them all. I had a real sweet tooth.

I looked over at you as you played with the cherry in your mouth and were able to twist the stem into a knot without even using your hands. I was a little in awe of it. Not because of the sexual manner the action could of been taken in but just because it was a pretty cool trick to be able to do. I felt your finger tips touch the back of my neck and another tingle ran down my spine making me wriggle my shoulders slightly almost as if I was trying to shake the feeling away. You had to be doing this on purpose. There was no way it was coincidence. You had to have known what you were doing. I tried to do the same thing with the cherry stem that you did but failed miserably, "I guess I need some more practice." I laughed, taking the stem out of my mouth and shrugging. I had another sip of the divine chocolate milkshake just as Charlotte brought over all the food. My mouth watered just by looking at it all.

I turned my head in your direction, "Yeah I live around here. I live on Paragan Street." I say popping a couple of fries in my mouth and involuntarily letting out a small moan at how good they tasted. "That's it ... I'm going to live at this diner. This food is amazing." I laugh eating another couple of fries. "I love cats. What's your cat called? and girl or boy?' I ask genuinely interested to learn more about your life.​

The drawing type?

I didn't pick you out for that, that's for sure. I was thinking more like maybe a social worker? No that wasn't it. You were so quiet yet complex I couldn't read you if I tried. "If you ever need inspiration, I'll let you draw me naked." I joked, letting the playful smile settle on my face for a moment. I watched your face as Trish exclaimed at how great you were at sketching. Why did you play it off? Maybe you knew you were that good and wanted to seem modest? No, that wasn't it. You truly believed that you weren't that good. I frown slightly, curious as to why you weren't confident in yourself. I mean look at you, any girl would be lucky enough to look like you. "Well, I'm glad she pulled you away from it. You seem like you need to have a little fun in your life. " I spoke truthfully, taking another sip of the milkshake.

"
You'll get it eventually, took me forever." I eyed the cherry stem that you attempted to tie a knot in, shaking my head slightly before grabbing a fry off of the large plate. Paragan Street? I choked slightly on the hot fry in my mouth, quickly taking a large gulp of it. Anyone who lived on that street came from money. "I didn't peg you for a rich girl." I spoke honestly, my eyebrows raising as I tried to piece it all together in my brain. Trish hung around with a certain type of people, and well rich wasn't that. So you were different. "Her name is Pancake." I said quietly, still trying to process the thought of you living in a huge house. My apartment would be a fucking joke compared to that. "Noah hun, would you be able to take a look at my sink sometime this week? " The sound of Charlotte caught me off guard, making me tilt my head up in surprise. I smiled and nodded a small laugh passing through my lips. "Yeah of course, I'll give you a call this week." I'd do anything for that lady. Seeing as she feeds me for free like any good 'mom' would.

"
That's awesome! Noah and I live a few blocks down on Montreal Ave." I whipped my head in Spencer's direction, closing my eyes slightly. It's not that I was ashamed of where I lived, it was more like how. Nothing I had was extremely nice, my apartment was bare but I had everything I needed. The only thing I had that was nice was my 1998 Harley and even then I didn't leave it anywhere near that dingy ass apartment. No way, someone would steal it for sure. The food had been eaten almost as quickly as it had come out from the kitchen. I groaned softly, placing a hand on my overly bloated stomach. That hit the spot. I knew that as soon as Charlotte brought the check over, Spencer would grab it. For some reason I didn't want you to think I was a cheap ass. Money just didn't come easy for me. Spencer had a great job, he worked in the communications department of the local hospital. He was a dork, to say the least but he was my best friend. "Be right back." I spoke quickly, standing up from the booth. "Noah really-" "I got it." I waved at him, making the male frown slightly. I wanted to impress you. Why? Who the fuck knows. I never gave a shit about anything before. I made my way over to Charlotte, my eyes connecting with her blue ones. "Hey so uh-" "Just fix the sink this week, Noah." I smiled at the woman, nodding my head in accordance before leaning in placing a small kiss on her cheek.

It was late, almost 3 am. I felt kind of bad making everyone stay out so late. That damn hospital visit dragged out the time. I walked back nonchalantly to the table, ignoring the strange look Spencer was shooting me. "Alright Spence, let's get the two girls home." I spoke lightly, a small smile on my lips before I handed you a napkin folded up. "Next time I see you, have something drawn on this." Handing the small napkin to you, I turned on my heal and followed Spencer out of the restaurant to the car, my hand going down to the back seat door opening it swiftly so the Trish and yourself could get in. I slipped into my own seat on the passenger side, leaning my head back against the head rest. Hopefully you didn't throw the napkin away, cause if not some random ass person would be calling me with my phone number so smartly placed in the crease of it.

453C20D1-C150-4228-A74C-E39EA4E8408D.jpeg

I raised my eyebrow at you when you offered to let me draw you nude, โ€œI think Iโ€™ll pass. Nude drawings arenโ€™t really my field, sorry to disappoint.โ€ I said nudging your shoulder against mine. โ€œSo now Iโ€™m boring? That one really hurt Noah.โ€ I joked, clutching my chest and pretending to be in pain. I liked saying your name. I liked the way it rolled of my tongue. It was a name I really wanted to keep saying,

I defintely noticed your reaction when I mentioned where I lived. I mean it was a reaction that I had gotten used to over the years but it didnโ€™t mean that I enjoyed getting that reaction. A lot of people over the years assumed that where I lived or who my parents were meant I was this snobby rich brat but that couldnโ€™t be further from the truth. Money wasnโ€™t important to me. Well it was to a certain extent. Of course money was essential in order to be able to survive and to buy food and have a roof over our heads but when it came to luxuries and extravagant things I really didnโ€™t want them or need them. In that respect I was very different from my parents who money was very important too. โ€œWell I didnโ€™t peg you for a guy who immediately believed in a stereotype.โ€ I pointed out to you. I really wasnโ€™t mad at what you said because I know it wasnโ€™t malicious.

I looked over at Spencer as he told me where you guys live and I smiled, โ€œThatโ€™s cool. Iโ€™ve been in that area before, some of my friends live near there. Itโ€™s nice.โ€ I told him. Spencer shrugged โ€œItโ€™s home. Itโ€™s better than what a lot of other people have out there.โ€

I was just about to ask how much the food cost so that I could pay for my part of it but before I could, you and Spencer had already started to argue about who was paying and you had began to make your way to the cashier. Iโ€™d pay you to back at some point. You barely knew me and I didnโ€™t want you to feel like you had to pay for my meal. I turned my head in your direction just as you leaned over and kissed Charlotteโ€™s cheek. You definitely had a soft side to you, I think it was a side of yourself that you didnโ€™t like to show too often or to too many people. But I liked that side to you. It was attractive to see you treat Charlotte with such respect and kindness. I turned back to the others and smiled to myself at what I had just witnessed.

When you came back to the table and handed me a napkin, I laughed and looked at you in confusion. โ€œDo I have food on my face or something?โ€ I asked but quickly ended up smiling after hearing the purpose for the napkin. โ€œThatโ€™s very presumptious of you. Who said we were ever going to see each other again?โ€ I asked teasing you a little but still tucking the napkin into the pocket of my jeans.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

The ride back to my house wasnโ€™t too long but I knew I had definitely pushed my luck quite a lot because my curfew had been hours ago. Iโ€™d just have to slightly change the story of tonightโ€™s events but still explain to my parents that I was at the hospital with Trish so they wouldnโ€™t get mad. I climbed out of the car and waved goodbye at everyone, giving you a slightly larger smile than I did to Spencer or Trish.

I headed inside the house even though I knew I would of much preferred to keep hanging out with all of you. Luckily for me my parents were asleep when I came in and I had escaped another lecture from them. I headed up to my room and began to get undressed which is when I took the napkin out of my pocket and left it on the table. I got changed into a pair of little shorts and baggy t-shirt and then tied my curls up into a messy bun. I picked up the napkin and undolded it, letting out a small laugh out loud when I saw your number written on it and a smiley face. I shook my head and laughed again walking towards my bed.I climbed into bed and typed your number into my phone, I bit my bottom lip as I contemplated whether or not it was too soon to text you. In the end I decided to just forget my worries and text you, that was clearly that you had wanted me too. โ€œSmooth Noah.โ€ I texted you, being able to hear the teasing nature of my text even when reading it too myself. I ended the text with the letter โ€œDโ€ so you would know it was me. I reached over and placed my phone on the nightstand and pulled my duvet over me, the exhaustion from the night finally hitting me along with the realisation that I had to be up in less than 5 hours. Tonight had been worth the lack of sleep. Meeting you was worth the lack of sleep. I went to bed that night hoping that I would see you again.​

The week since we had first met seemed to drag.

I had done two small fights, earning a little over a grand which helped immensely since I had lost it due to the damn hospital visit. It was now Friday and I was ready for the weekend. No fights were scheduled this weekend too, which was nice. It was always good to have a break. My body could sure use it. I knelt down, patting the small cat on the head before making my way out the front door down the stairs to the street where Spencer was sitting on his own Harley patiently. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" I rolled my eyes, grinning at the man before swinging my left leg over the bike, moving slightly to make myself comfortable. "Listen, it's Friday. What do you think they will miss?" I pressed the Ray Bans onto my face, watching Spencer hesitantly place the helmet on top of his head. The dude needed to relax and that is exactly why we were doing this. "Just stick to the plan, you get Trish and I'll get Laney." I spoke confidently, putting my own helmet onto my head smiling at the nickname that you had hated so much. Kicking the kickstand back, I revved the clutch of the bike once before allowing my body to move with it down the street.

Texting back and forth was just not doing it for me, I needed contact.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fuck, the school was much bigger than he had remembered. I sighed, parking the bike before hopping off of it taking my helmet off at the same time. Spencer parked directly next to me, his hands coming up to unclip his own helmet. "I know Trish is in bio right now." Spencer stated as he pulled the blazer onto his body, his jacket now hanging over the side of the bike. We had to look the part if we were going to break the girls out of class. I grinned, taking my own leather jacket off of my shoulders pulling the ridiculous sweater over my head. The stupid thing had buttons. Who puts fucking buttons on sweaters? I pressed the framed glasses on my face, taking a step back with my hands at either side. "How do I look?" I scowled as Spencer let out a laugh, shaking his head. "Like a fucking idiot." I rolled my eyes, looking down at the outfit. It fit the smart act I was trying to play. The glasses really did it though. Or maybe it was the fact that my hair was actually combed and my tattoos were covered by the stupid sweater. I waved him off before shoving the keys to the bike in my pocket taking off into the rather large school.

It took longer than I thought it was going to, to actually find you. I had to go to the dean and charm my way into allowing her to bring me to your class. "
She's right in there hun, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother." The older women looked apologetic, placing her hand lovingly on my shoulder. "Yeah, that's why I have to get Delaney. It's going to be rough on her. They were very close.
" I spoke sweetly, a small smile playing on my lips as the woman opened the classroom door. I waited patiently, my hands pushed into my pockets as I stood there out of place. This was definitely not my cup of tea. "Miss Gomez, your brother is here to pick you up." I bit my bottom lip, stifling a laugh as I stepped into the room earning a swift gasp by a few of the other girls. "Delaney, why didn't you say your brother was hot? I didn't even know you had a brother!" One girl exclaimed, making me grin. "I was adopted." I interjected, placing my hand on the door frame. "Come on Laney, we better get going." The smile didn't leave my lips, you wouldn't make a scene in your class room that I knew.

DACC5302-323A-4F41-B317-7191B8041B34.jpeg

After I texted you when I found your phone number on the napkin we didnโ€™t really stop talking throughout the week. We would talk about anything even if it was completely meaningless .. like if milk chocolate or dark chocolate was better .... or if Captain America was better than Thor. Your flirted your ass off in our texts which I acted like I didnโ€™t like .. but I really did and I think you knew it too. I liked talking to you. Iโ€™d be lying if I said I wasnโ€™t hoping that we would hang out and see eachother soon. There was something about you that left me intrigued, you seemed like you had all of these layers to you and I found myself wanting to uncover every single one of them.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

It was now Friday and I was in class and wearing a pair of tight blue jeans that were ripped at the knees with a cropped charcoal grey sweatshirt that left my tanned stomach exposed and some trainers. Todayโ€™s lesson was pretty chilled and we were allowed to just sketch whatever we wanted as long as we handed it in on Monday. I had my sketchbook opened to itโ€™s current page and continued to sketch something I had been working on since that night at the diner. I didnโ€™t even know why I was drawing it. It was you. I couldnโ€™t explain the reason for the drawing, it had just came to me. It was a drawing of you whilst you were sitting next to me at the diner, with your hand running through that dark hair of yours. Right now I was trying to capture the intensity in your eyes. That was definitely the hardest part. I wanted to encapsulate the way you looked at me throughout that night and with some time I was determined to do it.

E23548CB-C4A2-43ED-9E98-94D3DE916030.jpeg

I was so wrapped up in the drawing I had been doing that I didnโ€™t even initially hear my name. The second time the dean said my name and mentioned โ€œmy brother picking me upโ€, I looked up in confusion. I didnโ€™t have a brother. When I saw you standing there in that sweater, those glasses and with your hair like that I couldnโ€™t help but laugh. You looked ridiculous. I definitely preferred you with your leather jacket on, tattoos on show and your hair having that messy, โ€œI just woke upโ€ look. What were you doing here? You hadnโ€™t told me that you were coming. I looked over at the girl who had just called you hot and rolled my eyes, if she thought you were hot like that sheโ€™d have a heart attack if she saw how you normally looked. I looked back over at you and that stupid grin that I had found myself craving to see over the past week and rolled my eyes again with a smile playing on my lips. You were enjoying this all way too much. Way too much.

I packed up my pencils and put my sketchbook in my bag and told my teacher Iโ€™d have the sketch to her on Monday morning like she had asked. I grabbed your wrist and pulled you out of the classroom before someone figured out that this whole โ€œadopted brotherโ€ story was just that .. a story.

Once we got outside of the building I gave your arm a light shove and laughed. โ€œYouโ€™re such an idiot. Adopted brother? That was the lie you went with?โ€ I said shaking my head at you. โ€œYou better hope they donโ€™t call my parents to check up on me or ask if Iโ€™ll be in college next week ... because Iโ€™m going to kill you if that happens. Actually no I wonโ€™t .. Iโ€™ll be the one whoโ€™s dead for skiping school with a guy!โ€ I laugh giving your arm another light shove.

I took my phone out and quickly took a photo of your dressed the way you were, laughing harder as you tried to grab the phone away from me. I locked my phone and shoved it in my pocket before youโ€™d have the chance to delete it. โ€œWhat?โ€ I asked as you glared at me for taking the photo โ€œYou looked so cute I couldnโ€™t help it.โ€ I said giving your cheek a little pinch and wiggling your cheek. โ€œSeriously though ... what are you wearing? I canโ€™t take you serious with all of this on. I like the way you usually look.โ€ I tell you. โ€œWait..โ€ I said in a softer tone, I got up on my tip toes and placed one hand on your cheek pulling your head down slightly so I could reach up to your face. My eyes flicked to yours and I gave you a small, sweet smile. My hand left your cheek and both of my hands moved into your hair, my fingers tangling themselves in your soft dark locks as I messed your hair up. I pulled my hands back and got down from my tip toes, looking at your hair and feeling satisfied now that it looked similar to how you normally kept it. I looked into your eyes and blushed at the way you were looking at me. There it was. The look I was desperately trying to capture in my drawings. I pulled the glasses off your face and placed them on the top of my head instead of over my eyes. โ€œSo whatโ€™s up? Why did you drag me out of class?โ€ I ask.​

Obediently, I allowed you to tug at my wrist leading us out of the classroom. My feet moved willingly, giving one more smile to the dean before making my way out of the building with you. For such a small little thing, you sure had a lot of force to you.

"I mean that was the only way she would have let you go without a fight." I grinned shaking my head a little as you explained about your parents going to kill you if they found out. They would never approve. I rolled my eyes, shrugging my shoulders briefly. "You could be dead from worse things, an unattractive boy could have picked you up from school and your parents found out. Then you'd be dead over a dud." I winked, turning to you completely before being completely caught off guard by the snap of the photo. My eyes narrowed as I reached down trying to grab the phone from your hands. Unsuccessfully I huffed, tilting my head into your hand as your fingers pinched my cheek as if I was a young boy. "Yeah yeah, well I had to look the part to be able to get you out of there." I spoke in a matter of fact tone, watching you carefully. I studied the way you were looking at me, my lips in a tight line as I tried to figure out what you were doing. Likes the way I look usually? I flinched ever so slightly when I felt the warmth of your palm against my cheek before dipping my head down. My lips parted ever so slightly, feeling the breathe hitch in the back of my throat as your eyes locked on my own dark ones.

It was as if everything had gone from zero to sixty in a single moment and then it was gone. My eyebrows furrowed together as your hands left my hair, my eyes not leaving your face for a moment. Why did you have to stop doing that? Glasses. Your head. What the fuck just happened. I blinked, shaking my head as I cleared my throat. "You're coming with me." I say nonchalantly before stepping around you, making my way over to Spencer and a very aggravated Trish. "Noah you better have a good explanation for this. I was in the middle of lab." I rolled my eyes, pulling the sweater off of my body before tossing it into one of the saddle bags of the Harley. "I never have a good explanation." I smiled menacingly, unbuttoning the white shirt before shrugging that off my shoulders next letting the plain white t-shirt remain clinging to my frame. I swung my leather jacket over my shoulders before grabbing the spare helmet attached to the saddle bag. "We're going to Spencer's cabin for a few nights. Do we need to make a stop to grab you guy's clothes?" I turned to look at you questioningly before extending my arm to you with the helmet in hand. Had you ever even been on a bike? Or the back of one? "Noah, we can't just show up to Delaney's house on fucking motorcycles. Her parents are going to wig out." With my free hand I tucked a stray curl behind your ear, pulling the glasses off the top of your head in the process. "Let's live a little."

DE30A349-D01F-41AA-8FA1-95093140BAEF.jpeg

I felt you flinch against the palm of my hand and noticed the way your lips were now parted because of my touch. It felt like all the oxygen had been sucked out of my body. I had never felt so connected to someone I barely knew before ... actually I had never felt this connected to anyone. If I could have, I would have remained in that moment with you for way longer than I did. I wanted to feel your skin underneath the palm of my hand. I wanted to run my hands through your hair. I just wanted to be around you.

I reluctantly pulled away from you and saw the look on your face, you had this longing look in your eyes. Maybe it wasnโ€™t just me who wanted to be close to you. Maybe it was the other way round too. โ€œDo I get a choice in whether or not Iโ€™m coming? Last time I checked I still had the ability to make my own decisons.โ€ I joked as you made your way over to Spencer and Trish. I followed you back over to the others and smiled to myself seeing you take off the sweater and the shirt. You looked like yourself now. I definitely like you more this way.

Before I could object to the whole idea of going to Spencerโ€™s cabin, you had tucked a curl behind my ear which turned me as red as a tomato and made me feel butterflies in my stomach. I bit my bottom lip a little feeling a little shy in that moment and looked down at the ground as I tried to compose myself. I looked at you and couldnโ€™t bring myself to say no to you even though I had no idea what I would tell my parents and how I would swing this. โ€œOkay letโ€™s do itโ€ I say surprising both myself and Trish who let out a little shocked โ€œWhat?โ€ I took the helmet from your hand and looked at you โ€œYou have to park a few houses down. My momโ€™s home and if she sees me on the back of a bike with a guy thereโ€™s no way theyโ€™ll let me out.โ€ I tell you. โ€œWell Delaneyโ€™s officially lost her mind.โ€ Trish said, still in a state of shock because I was usually the hardest one to convince to do something adventurous or a little reckless. Spencer smirked at us both as he began to notice the way we were looking at each other. โ€œIโ€™ll take Trish to get her clothes. You take Delaney and weโ€™ll meet up at the diner and then make our way there.โ€ He said giving us a little nod as Trish got on the back of his bike and they drove off. โ€œIโ€™ve never been on a bike before .. so you know .... donโ€™t crash.โ€ I told you with a small smile as I put the helmet on.

---------------

I was now on the back of your bike as you drove us to my house. My chest pressed against your back. My arms wrapped around you with my hands, that seemed tiny compared to yours, clutching onto your t-shirt tightly. The inner part of my thighs pressed against the outer part of yours. This was a whole new level of being close to you. I could feel the heat radiating from your body and it made me want to snuggle into you deeper and just have your arms wrapped around me, holding me. I felt myself getting quickly attached to you but there was no stopping it so I just prayed that it wouldnโ€™t end badly. I had been scared to get on the bike at first but now I was a little less tense and more relaxed and even found myself enjoying it. I looked out at the view and how the buildings rushed past us as we got closer and closer to my house, enjoying the feeling of the cool air hitting my body.

---------------

Within 15 minutes we were there and when the bike slowly came to a halt I felt a little disappointed. I actually enjoyed the thrill and the adrenaline rush the ride had given me, it made me feel alive. I climbed off the bike and pulled the helmet off my head, handing it to you. โ€œNoah that was amazing!โ€ I laugh โ€œThat was ..... wow.โ€ I said unable to find the right words so instead I let out a small satisfied smile, feeling a little giddy after the ride. โ€œI get it now. I understand why youโ€™d love this bike so much.โ€ I tell you as a different kind of excitement radiated from my body. โ€œIโ€™ll go grab my stuff. Iโ€™ll be back in like 10 minutes. I need to talk to my mom.โ€ I said trying to sound as confident as I could about the conversation I was about to have with my mom but in reality I was really nervous about it. There was a high chance that my mom would call my bluff and I wouldn't be able to come but I didn't want you to know that. I didn't want you to think I was lame because I needed permission from my parents to go somewhere.

I walked towards my house and prayed that things would go my way. I just wanted one weekend. One weekend to just be carefree and act like a normal college student. Was that really too much to ask for? I opened my front door and made one last prayer that things would work out.

My mom was in the living room when I walked into the house, sitting on one of the many over-priced chairs we had whilst flipping through a fashion magazine. Even when there was no one else at home she was always dressed up in a smart dress and had a string of pearls around her neck. She oozed elegance and class. We were such different people. At one point she did try to get me to dress like her and go to the country club to play tennis with her friend's children but she quickly realised that I hated all of those things and since then she had pretty much given up on me. She didn't try to spend time with me or ask about my art. Nothing. Sometimes it got me down that my own parents didn't care about something I was so passionate about but it was also something I had come to terms with. It was never going to change so what was the point in wasting my energy and fighting with them about it?

"Hey mom" I said closing the door behind me. My mom looked up from the magazine she was reading and gave me a small smile, "Hey Delaney, you're home early." She pointed out and I nodded my head "Yeah I only had one class today. I was hoping to talk to you about something.." I said to which she gave me a little nod to tell me to continue speaking. "It's Trish's birthday this weekend and her parents are taking her to their cabin for the entire weekend and they let her know like an hour ago that I can come too seeing as we're best friends and everything and I was really hoping I could go. Please mom." I said, the entirety of that story being a lie but I was just hoping it sounded believable. "I don't know Delaney...." She said with a small sigh. "Mom please. It's Trish's birthday come on ... I hardly ever go out. I'm asking for one weekend with my best friend." I say in a pleading tone. My mom hesitated but after a few seconds she held her hands up in the air "Fine. Fine .. you can go but just know your father isn't going to be pleased when you come back." I quickly nodded my head and gave her a grateful smile, "Thanks mom" I said genuinely, turning around and quickly jogging up the stairs to pack.

---------------

Ten minutes later I was out the door with a small backpack filled with a few different outfits and I rushed over to your bike not wanting to give my mom the chance to change her mind or for her to realise I was lying if she saw me climbing onto the bike. I walked back over to you with a slight spring in my step and held up the bag showing you that I had managed to get my parents to let me come. "Am I a genius or am I a genius?" I laughed standing in front of you now. "I'm curious though .. who's idea was it for me to come on this little trip?" I asked, secretly hoping you would say that it was you who had wanted me to come.​

Trish had seemed surprised when you had willingly said you wanted to go. Is having fun something you never did? I eyed Trish for a moment, seeing the confused look on her face while you explained how you needed me to park a little ways away from your house. I grinned, my eyebrows raising as Trish climbed onto the back of Spencer's bike in disbelief. "I've only crashed a few times." I tease, clipping the helmet to my head as I climbed onto the bike turning my head to make sure you were still on board with doing this. "No turning back now." I pushed myself up, allowing your small frame to fit behind myself as you got on the back of the bike. I shook my head slightly, feeling your fingers latch onto my shirt. Placing my feet down on the ground I take my hands off of the handles, pushing your fingers flat onto my chest before tugging you closer. If you were going to ride with me, you were going to hang on. Placing my hands back on the bars, I kicked the kickstand up in a fluid motion before taking off quickly down the street.

The bike came to a halt, my right foot shifting the clutch down before swinging the kickstand onto the ground. I wasn't too sure if you were going to panic or not when we had stopped. I turned my head, pulling the helmet off letting my hair now finally go back to it's messy self. A laugh passed through my lips as I took the helmet from your hands, putting it on the back of the bike before lifting myself off the bike. "That was nothing Laney, just wait." My grin widened, seeing the excitement fill your green eyes. The instant you said you would be back soon, your voice had dropped slightly. Were you that afraid of your parents? You were a grown adult for christ sake. "I'll be right here." I say cooly, watching you walk away before disappearing down the side road. I leaned slightly against my bike, pulling a cigarette out from the inside of my jacket pocket placing it between my lips. With one hand I covered the tip of the cigarette, the other hand coming up with the lighter to light it. My dark eyes locked onto an older women walking a....well I think it was a poodle. Shaking my head I lit the bud, taking in a short puff before blowing the smoke out through my lips. This was not my neck of the woods. Looking around I saw the houses lining the streets, most of them with gated entrances. Who the fuck does that? Buzz. Placing the cigarette between my lips slightly I grabbed the phone out of my pocket, seeing that Spencer had said that they were on their way to the cabin.

Blowing one last puff out I dropped the cigarette on the cement, pressing the tip of my boot on it to put it out. My tongue flicked over the front of my teeth before I looked over at the same little old lady walking her poodle thing. She was staring at me which only made me give her a wave making her quickly rush off the road with the dog. I rolled my eyes, hearing footsteps approach to the left of me. You looked so proud holding your bag up, as if you had accomplished something huge. "I'm going to go with, you're a genius." I tease grabbing the bag out of your hands and placing it next to my own inside of the saddlebag. "Well Spencer had been talking about going to the cabin this weekend. There was no way I was going there with just him, and then we would take Trish but then the two of them would be all chummy." I explained, my hand grabbing onto the helmet before handing it to you. "So I figured I'd drag you along with me." I gave you a quick smile before placing the other helmet on my head, swinging my leg over the bike. "Now let's get going before your parents bring you to prison."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The cabin was on the outskirts of the town right on Lake Winnipeg. It was always a beautiful trip, hence why I drove the bike up instead of riding in Spencer's car. His parents had boughten the cabin as a summer destination though they hadn't even used the damn thing in years. That was totally fine with me because I'd go up any chance I got. The cabin was pretty good size, his parents were Pharmacists after all. There were three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large kitchen, a family 'entertainment' room, and a jacuzzi room. There were lots of good memories here. Pulling up onto the dirt road I turned right quickly my body moving with the bike as it turned into the driveway of the cabin. Spencer and Trish must have gotten here a little while ago because his bike was parked already. The bike came to a stop, my foot pushing the kickstand down before I pulled the helmet off of my head once more. "I hope you brought your swimsuit, if not skinny dipping is always an option." I turn over my shoulder, my dark brown eyes watching your face for a moment before I hopped off the bike, grabbing you bag and my own out of the saddlebags. "What the hell did you guys do? Get lost?" I roll my eyes, shaking my head at Trish who was now making her way out of the front door of the cabin. "Noah you get the far room, I figured you weren't going to share the room with Spencer." Trish laughed, a mischievous grin coming to her lips as she patted my shoulder. Fuck no I was not sharing a room with Spencer. Last time that happened it was a disaster. "Del, you and I are going to share a room if that's okay?" I eyed Trish for a moment before looking back at you. "Don't worry, if Trish starts to snore you can come sleep with me." I winked, the playful smile dancing on my lips once again before I headed into the cabin.

Trish stopped, frowning slightly as she let her hand encircle Delaney's wrist. "Listen Del, I know it seems that Noah is this awesome guy and he is don't get me wrong." She started, her dark eyes coming into contact with Delaney's green ones. "But he doesn't do commitment, he never has. I don't want you getting hurt. Promise me you'll be careful?" Trish stared at her best friend, worry plastered on her face. Noah had a dangerous background, one that she didn't want her best friend to be sucked into.

Last edited:
52826995_2201133779909151_2668272261175444394_n.jpg

We arrived at Spencerโ€™s cabin and I already had a good feeling about this weekend, something in my gut told me I was going to have a great weekend with all of you guys. I pulled my helmet off a few seconds after you did and rolled my eyes as you made a joke about me having to skinny dip. โ€œSkinny dipping is NEVER an option but donโ€™t you worry I brought a swimsuit. Thanks for the concern though.โ€ I said smiling at you. You really were such a flirt but I didnโ€™t mind it, in fact I kind of liked it. It always kept me on my toes, I never knew what you were going to say next.

I climbed off the bike and laughed as Trish came out and told us off, โ€œHave you forgotten who my parents are? I had to convince my mom to let me come and even then she
told me that me coming would mean Iโ€™d have a pissed off dad to deal with when I came back home.โ€
I shrug not really looking forward to that at all and not wanting to think about it. โ€œShe thinks itโ€™s your birthday and Iโ€™m with you and your parents.โ€ I say with a little laugh, thankful that she even bought that lie. I nodded my head as Trish asked if it was cool it we shared, โ€œCourse it is. Itโ€™s been forever since weโ€™ve had a sleepover. Itโ€™ll be fun.โ€ I said. I turned my head to face you hearing your little joke, โ€œOr I could sleep on the couch.โ€ I say raising my eyebrow at you, not falling for it one little bit.

I watch you walk inside and only turn to Trish when I hear what she says about be needing to be careful. Was she right? Was this a game to you? Was this all about the chase? Maybe I had let myself get carried away with this โ€œconnectionโ€ I thought we both had felt. What Trish had said had definitely dampened my mood a little but I didnโ€™t want her to feel bad so I gave her a fake smile that I had perfected over the years when I didnโ€™t want people to know I was bothered by something. โ€œTrish stop worrying. Weโ€™re just friends thatโ€™s all.โ€ I tell her โ€œWe barely know each other.โ€ I said in a convincing tone. Even though what I was saying was technically true, I donโ€™t think my heart was completely believed the words that were coming out of my mouth. We were just friends and we did barely know each other but ... it didnโ€™t feel like that. โ€œCome on. Letโ€™s go inside.โ€ I said tugging her hand and pulling her towards the door.

---------------

Me and Trish walked into the cabin together and I looked around the living room admiring the place, it had this cosy and welcoming feeling that my house definitely didn't have. "Come on. I'll show you our room." Trish said taking me up the stairs and into the bedroom we were sharing. I walked inside it and placed my bag on the floor and then threw myself onto the king sized bed, laying down on it like a star fish. "Yep this will definitely do. Trish you can sleep on the floor, I'm having this bed all to myself." I joked, turning my head over my shoulder and flashing her a cheeky smile. I got up and sat properly on the bed looking over at her, "So what's the plan for tonight?" I ask her "If you're asking because you want to start sketching ... that's a definite no. This weekend is a no sketching zone." She said laughing. "I'm not really sure. Let's go down and ask the boys, this was their genius idea." Trish said whilst walking towards the door. "Okie dokie" I said reluctantly getting up and off the comfy bed and following her back downstairs to where you and Spencer were. "For the record I wasn't asking because I wanted to sketch" I mumbled "But now that you mention it..." I said teasing her a little. Trish laughed and said "Just come on."

I really needed a few days to just get away, even if it was only until Sunday night.

My knuckles were bruised still from the previous weeks fight and parts of my body ached, the jacuzzi was going to hit the spot. Tossing the duffle bag onto the king size bed, I went into the bathroom connected to the room I was going to stay in. I turned the faucet on, cupping my hands as I lowered my face splashing some of the cool water against it I pulled the end of my white t-shirt up, pulling it clean off of my body before I pressed my face into it making sure I had gotten the water off. Buzz. I groaned, pulling the phone out of my pocket before I moved my eyes towards the screen a frown coming to my lips.

"Saw your bike over at Spencer's.

Maybe I could come over later?

xo."

Who was the text from? I didn't have a fucking clue, but it was from some girl that I had obviously crossed paths with at one point or another. I really shouldn't give girls my number. I shook my head, placing the phone on top of the bathroom sink before heading out of the room to grab my swim trunks in the duffle bag. I didn't exactly have the greatest or longest track record with females. They came into my life for usually one purpose and then they were on their merry way. It's just the way I did things. My life was so fucked up that it was hard for me to let the wall down. I stripped myself of the khaki's and my boxers before sliding the trunks on, tying them until they fit me casually enough to where they wouldn't fall down. The cut that had been bleeding a week ago was now a scar, as if it was just adding to the collection I had going. Pulling my fingers through my hair I sighed softly, making my way out of the bedroom now completely. I eyed Spencer who was walking out of his own room, he had his trunks on as well. I grinned at him before elbowing him in the side of his bare ribs. "Maybe this is your weekend dude." I joke, making Spencer's head shake slightly. "I don't know, Trish is tough. You and Delaney seem to be getting close. What are you doing?" I snapped my head in Spencer's direction, my lips coming together in a tight line. Honestly, I had no idea what I was doing. "I'm just-" "Don't fuck this up Noah." I was cut short by Spencer's warning tone, my eyes not leaving his before we made our way down the stairs to the kitchen.

I leaned casually against the countertop, plopping a few cool ranch Doritos in my mouth while I waited for you and Trish to finally come downstairs. "Why aren't you two in your suits?" I tilted my head, eyeing you for a moment before looking over at Trish. "We'll bring the grill down so you can make burgers." I grinned, earning a smack on my toned stomach from the girl. "Yeah yeah, just call me mom." Trish rolled her eyes before heading back upstairs to throw on her suit. "Meet you outside toots." My eyes connected with yours for another moment, the smile not faltering from my lips before I pushed off the counter and walked clean past you out the front door of the cabin with Spencer in tow.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -

The lake was gorgeous. Everything about it.
It wasn't one of those lakes where you smelled like fish when you came out. The water was clear and smooth rocks lined the bottom. It was perfect. My head dipped back up, my dark hair now clinging to all sides of my head as I emerge from the water. I blinked a few times before running my hands over my head, slicking my hair back ever so slightly. I definitely needed this. I heard Spencer call my name, making my focus move from the lake over to where he was on the shore...with a girl. Ugh, fuck. I sighed, dipping back down into the water for a moment. Maybe they would think that I drowned. Probably not. I swam back to the shore, the water now barreling off of me as I got closer and closer to land. "Hey so, we got invited to Madeline's party." Spencer said nonchalantly, his hand now coming off of the propane tank on the grill. "Did we." I say dryly, my eyebrows coming together as I took a step closer to Spencer. I watched the blonde perk up at the sight of me, her hand coming up and placing itself on my upper tatted arm. "Ofcourse Nicky! Wouldn't be right if you guys didn't come." I frowned, my dark eyes coming down to look at the manicured hand placed on my arm. Why she called me Nicky, I had no idea. My middle name was Nicholas but no one really knew that. Maybe she meant Ricky?

52826995_2201133779909151_2668272261175444394_n.jpg

I came downstairs with Trish and looked at you in confusion as you asked us why we weren't in our swimsuits, "Maybe because no one told us we we're going swimming straight away.." I say sarcastically, sticking out my tongue playfully at you as if I'm was a child. I look over at Trish when you mention her cooking for us all, "We're best friends and you've never cooked for me." I pouted "Wait .. I'm pretty sure you told me you didn't know how to cook..." I say shoving her arm lightly and laughing. "I may have told you a small white lie." Trish says grinning at me to which I just laugh again. We both headed back up the stairs that we had literally just came down to get changed into our swimsuits. Trish grabs hers and heads into the bathroom leaving me to get changed in the bedroom.

----------------

I walked outside with Trish wearing a black bikini that wasn't necessarily revealing but it did show off my curves and the body I usually kept hidden underneath sweatpants and hoodies. The lake really was beautiful, it was picture perfect in fact. I was already planning to grab my sketchbook later and draw the view, it was too beautiful not too. Sure Trish would complain a little but I didn't care. I couldn't resist the opportunity. As we walked out I turned my head over to your direction after hearing some voices. The exact moment I turned my head was the same exact moment that this girl had placed her hand on your arm and was rubbing it slightly. My heart sank just a little. Maybe Trish was right. Maybe it was too good to be true. Trish reached over and gave my hand a small squeeze and I looked over at her and smiled. "Come on. I'm ready for one of those great burgers the guys have been raving about." I tell her. Trish smiles "One fantastic burger coming up. Anything for my best friend." She said.

We walked over to you, Spencer and this girl and for some reason there seemed to be this slight awkwardness in the air, like no one really knew what to say so I decided to speak up and introduce myself. "Hi I'm Delaney, it's nice to meet you." I said politely to the girl in front of me. Madeline gave me a slightly forced smile as I introduced myself, "Delaney? That's an .. interesting name." She said. What she was saying wasn't necessarily an insult but the way she said it wasn't exactly nice either. "Thanks." I said even though I knew she hadn't meant it as a compliment but I just brushed the comment off, maybe she was just a little nervous about meeting new people. "Madeline is a friend of ours." Spencer explained to us, to which both me and Trish nodded our heads. Madeline let out a small giggle at the mention of the word 'friends' but didn't really say anything about it.

Trish took charge of the cooking and started to prepare the grill for the burgers to be cooked on. "Del, can you start opening the packets of burgers so I can start frying them?" She asked me and I quickly said "Sure." I started to open the packets just like Trish had asked. I helped her place the burgers on the grill and then started chopping up some tomatoes into slices for us to put into the burgers whilst you, Spencer and Madeline chatted.​

Last edited:

I noticed the looks Spencer kept giving me from the side of my eye, my eyes darting back to the rather annoying voice of the girl in front of me. I had no intentions of going to any sort of party, not today not tomorrow not any day this weekend. This was a vacation- well a mini one at least. "Yeah, no I don't think-" My mouth stopped moving when I heard the footsteps of you and Trish come up behind me. Well this was going to be a mess. I groaned inwardly, my teeth coming to grip lightly on my bottom lip as I eyed you for a moment before turning my attention back to Madeline who still had her hand on my arm. I watched the awkward interaction, my eyes scanning your face to try and figure out what you were thinking but you were blank. It was definitely not a side I wanted to see of you. You had been so full of light and it was as if someone had sucked it out of you. "We really only came up here to get away for the weekend. So we won't be here long." It was as if my mind was in a fog, my eyes coming back to focus as I frowned slightly turning my head towards you and Trish who now had your backs towards me. I wanted to wipe that look off your face, the one you had before you turned away from me. "No worries! You guys can just stop over for a b-" "We're not going Madeline." My words came out firmly as I eyed the blonde, taking my fingers and wrapping them around her wrist before pulling the hand off of my arm.

The blonde gasped lightly, a frown coming to her lips. She was not getting what she wanted so she was going to throw a fit. Typical. I rolled my eyes as I took a step back, pushing my hands into the pockets of my trunks. "I'd really appreciate it if you'd get out of here." My tone was harsh but I didn't give a shit. The girl meant nothing to me, just another one of my flings a while back. Sure, if it'd been different circumstances I probably would have went to that stupid party. Would have more than likely drank a little too much and smoked more than I could keep in my lungs. None of that was happening this weekend. I just wanted to spend time with...well you. I watched the girl try to open her mouth once more before I turned on my heel making my way over to the grill. "Uh, sorry Madeline maybe next time." Spencer always tried to make things less awkward for everyone, that's why he was always good to have around. Spencer waved slightly at the girl, watching her stomp her feet ridiculously in the dirt before she disappeared completely.

"We are putting your bike in the garage." Spencer grinned at me, only making me roll my eyes and let out a small laugh. I stared awkwardly at you and Trish from behind, not really knowing what to do. I didn't even know why I felt so awkward about the whole thing. Nothing had even happened. "Ladies! How's those burgers coming!" Spencer had felt just as awkward as I did apparently by the lame ass statement he just provided out loud. Fucking idiot. I shake my head before walking over to the bag I had boughten out, grabbing one of the cigarette's from the case. I pressed the bud to my lips lighting it quickly before pressing my free hand to my forehead. The whole situation stressed me the fuck out. I leaned against the bark of the oak tree, watching the water move in synch with itself as I took a few more drags of the cigarette. Trish looked over her shoulder, frowning lightly as she watched Noah carefully for a few moments before turning her head back towards Delaney. "I'm pretty sure you broke him." Trish spoke quietly as she placed the burgers on the grill, her hands shutting the top of it once they were all on there.

I cleared my throat, pressing the lit end of the cigarette against the tree watching it go out slowly before I turned fully around and made my way back over to where you, Spencer and Trish were. "Hey Delaney, I'm sorry about that." I spoke softly, now fully in your view as I hastily chewed on the inside of my cheek. The one thing that I hated the most was letting someone down and for some reason it was worse because I felt as if I let you down. "If you don't forgive me..." I trailed off slowly, my eyes not leaving yours for a moment before in one motion I lifted you off of the ground, tossing you gently onto my shoulder as I took off towards the water. "I'll just have to make you pay!" I finished my statement, my arm wrapping around your legs so you couldn't jump away before I managed to get in the water. "Noah!" I ignored the shouts from Trish as I made it to my waist in the water before sliding you off my shoulder, our bodies pressing together slowly as I placed you down into the lake, my hands still firmly grasping either side of your hips. "Forgive me?" I grinned, showing my teeth for a moment.

3FC5B395-84FB-4E29-833F-3F47A5252C9C.jpeg

As soon as I saw you and Madeline looking cozy like that I made my face go blank of all emotion, it was a defense mechanism I had and it made me almost impossible to read at times like this. It wasnโ€™t that I was mad at you because I wasnโ€™t. I didnโ€™t really have a right to be mad, we hadnโ€™t known each other for that long and weโ€™d never spoken about what it was between us. I was just ... disappointed. I guess deep down I had let myself get a little carried away with the possibility of something happening between us and now I just felt like I needed to be careful ... just like Trish had warned me.

I was still helping Trish out with getting the food ready and us cracking jokes with eachother meant that I couldnโ€™t hear your conversation with Madeline and how you had basically told her to get out of here. Completely unaware of the conversation that had taken place, I looked over in confusion as I saw Madeline stomp off into the distance. โ€œI guess the princess isnโ€™t staying.โ€ Trish said smugly which made me laugh and push her shoulder โ€œTrish! Be nice!โ€ I said collecting all the empty packets that the burgers had came in and putting them in a black bin bag. Trish looked at me and laughed, โ€œDonโ€™t act like you liked her...โ€ she said with this knowing smirk on her face but before I could answer her and defend myself, Spencer had come over and asked about the burgers. I looked at him and laughed, โ€œTheyโ€™re fine but me and Trish have decided weโ€™re charging you guys a fee for the cooking.โ€ I joked to which Spencer replied with โ€œWell then Iโ€™ll charge you a fee for staying in the cabin...โ€ I laughed at his response knowing he had a point โ€œTouche....โ€

I heard Trishโ€™s comment about me โ€˜breaking youโ€™ and I turned my head over my shoulder to look at you. You looked stressed and like your head was killing you. I frowned a little at the sight of the cigarette not understanding why you would put your body through that. I turned my head back to face the grill and shook my head slightly โ€œThatโ€™s not because of me. Thereโ€™s nothing going on between us.โ€ I said with a little shrug. I didnโ€™t really know what to think of the look you had on your face. Trish was also confusing me a little. One minute she was telling me to be careful and then the next minute she was telling me I had broken you. My head was all over the place. Spencer placed his hand on my shoulder and quietly said, โ€œGo easy on him. Heโ€™s not into her.โ€ and then left me to finish placing things in the trash.

I turned my head to look at you as you spoke to me. You called me Delaney. Not Laney. Things were definitely weird between us. โ€œItโ€™s okay. Thereโ€™s nothing to apologise for, you donโ€™t need to explain yourself to me.โ€ I told you, going back to what I was doing. You could do whatever you wanted and didnโ€™t need to answer to me, it just ... hurt a little. I didnโ€™t know how to get rid of this awkwardness between us because I genuinely didnโ€™t want it to be that way. I just didnโ€™t know what to do now.

I suddently felt your arms wrap around me and fling me over your shoulder as if I weighed nothing. I let out a small โ€œOoofโ€ in shock as I clutched onto your back. โ€œNoah put me down! Iโ€™m heavy!โ€ I said trying to wriggle out of your hold but it was no use. You had a tight grip on my legs and werenโ€™t letting me go anywhere.

As you started to walk into the water I gave up on trying to get out of your arms and just relaxed against you.I felt you slide me back down with ease. The water may have been up to your waist but for me it was right up to my ribs. Our chests were lightly pressed together and I looked up at you as you asked if you were forgiven. There it was. That feeling in my stomach whenever you so much as glanced in my direction. โ€œNoah ...โ€ I said with a small sigh โ€œYou donโ€™t need to be forgiven. What do I need to forgive you for?โ€ I asked pushing the hair that had fallen in front of my face behind my ear. I looked down at the water momentarily before flicking my eyes back to yours. I felt your hands move to my waist and pull me even closer to you and into a hug. My arms wrapped around your chest ... well as far as they could .. and I rested my head on your chest. โ€œWhatโ€™s this for?โ€ I asked.

5E376893-3309-46F5-968C-1D6D94926A67.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back