• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern (Closed) When it all falls down...

Characters
Here
Haru

"I'm with Lo, I'm not leaving you. I actually don't plan on leaving." Haru chugged the rest of her drink and sat the glass on the counter. "I can't go back to the real world. I can't." Haru could barely look these people in the eye she was so embarrassed. Now they expected her to run away? The thought made her want to vomit. Haru had every intention on killing herself. It was the only escape from the weight on her shoulders, that's why she carried a broken knife taped back together. At any time she could end it and that was the only power she felt like she had anymore.

"Well what's going on here?" Haru froze when she heard the voice of her tormentor. Daniel, Drake's eldest brother. Blonde, tall, handsome, charming, from a perfect family. Too bad he was a total monster he would have been a catch. "Dear brother are you trying to escape our new world?" Daniel was clearly intoxicated, he reeked of booze and he looked a mess. "I knew something was up when Elizabeth's pregnancy was announced. It's funny, I've been spending most of my free time with my little Haruka." Haru gave a small sigh and stood from the bar stool. Here we go, another day in her magical new life. "Daniel, let's just get you upstairs. You're drunk, you're hearing things, let's just go." Hopefully everyone would be able to get away while she distracted him.

Before Haru could walk Daniel out of the room he was grabbing her by the waist and gave her the chills. She hated him touching her. "I don't think I can forgive my brothers transgressions. I think I'll need you need to be a little more convincing, Haruka." With a small groan Haru tried to pull away as he pulled her closer to him. Her heart beat loudly and she tried to push away from him. Her muscles had depleted here, she hadn't been eating well. "Stop it, Daniel." He didn't listen to her, he pulled her to her and was trying to kiss her. Haru's heart was beating so loudly, she closed her eyes tightly until he suddenly stopped.

Daniel fell to the ground with the broken knife sticking from his chest. Blood poured from his mouth as he fell on his back and started to cough up blood. Haru plunged the knife so deep into his chest she pierced his lung. "You'll be dead shortly but it'll be painful. Your lungs are going to fill with blood. I could fix you but your kind took away my status as a doctor." Haru reached down and pulled the knife from his chest, wiped the blood off, and tucked it back into the thick belt around her waist.

"There, you all can run now and blame it on me. I'll be executed and I'll never tell them where you went." Haru poured another glass of wine and took a drink. "Get moving before someone figures out that he's missing too." Though she just killed someone Haru was very cold about it. Her whole body and mind was numb at that moment.

Marco

"Callie will be okay, she's a smart girl. And I know, as much as we're mad at Gillian, he'll keep her safe and he'll be safe too. He seems like he'd do anything to keep her safe." Marco took a long drink of the wine before extending his hand to catch the keys. "A yacht is better than nothing, we'll make it work." Suddenly Drake was talking about the girls getting out. "I agree, I think we all should go together." Then Haru stated she didn't intend on leaving. He would have thought out of anyone she'd be the first to leave! But then again she had been through so much he couldn't even imagine what was going on in her head. "Haru I don't intend on leaving you either. I've kept an eye out for you this long I'll be damned if you don't make it out of this safely."

He froze when he seen the drunk Daniel. How did he get here? One of the other drivers must had dropped him off and drove back to the party... Dammit. This was going to be hard to explain. Did he mention the way Daniel said Haruka or even talked to her made him sick? He wanted to beat the shit out of him, but Marco knew he'd be shot in the head for assaulting the head of his household.

Before he knew it Daniel was getting touchy feely and Marco straightened himself up, getting ready to intervene. Just as he was doing that though he was falling to the ground with a pool of blood around him. "Che Cosa?" Marco's eyes widened as he questioned what happened. "Haru..." She was so stoic about the whole thing. The man wasn't even dead, he was merely gasping on the ground for air. He wasn't worth saving anyway.

"Drake can you take her to the car? I'll get it pulled around. Kicking and screaming I don't care but we are not leaving you." Marco ran outside and hopped in the black SUV. He looked around for a minute to make sure no one was around them or coming up the driveway. Soon enough he pulled up next to the sliding glass door leading to the kitchen. He unlocked the doors and waited for the others to get into the car.

Gillian

He sat next to Ava and patiently listened to her ramble on about everyone, she even wanted him to leave with them. "Ava-" Suddenly the girl was grabbing his stoic face and forced him to look down at the black haired woman. He gave her a small smile and pat her on the head twice. "I'm Gillian Montgomery, only son of Sullivan Montgomery. I have trained thousands of soldiers in techniques that have killed many innocent people. I've killed innocent people. Just because I rescue a few people does not make me a good person. Lo, Haru, and Marco all have lives in Drake's home. They're taken care of. They will escape soon enough, Drake has boats that will easily get them to Canada." He furrowed his brows as she questioned what would happen to Callie and him.

"Callie and I were born into this, there is no escape to a family born to it. I will take over for my father when it's passed down to me. Callie will make babies with her husband-to-be, she'll help repopulate the earth. She's accepted that as part of her life, she looks forward to nothing more than being a mother. Her education was merely something to pass the time." As if on cue a loud siren rang out and pierced his heart. He knew that siren, it's the one he dreaded to hear.

"Sir?" Gillian looked up at his driver and gave a small nod. "Yes. To the pier and then we'll get home immediately to look for Callie. She couldn't have gotten far, she's probably looking for me. We can't think the worst." The worst of course being she was kidnapped by the rebels. He prayed she was safe at home somewhere. Though, the siren going off means security cleared the house...

"Ava this isn't an option, this will be your only chance at getting out alive. Soldier's will be everywhere looking for her. I'm getting you out of here."

Ava

Anger started to take over her determination and she dropped her hands from his face and sat in her seat normally once more. “That’s all a fucking lie and you know it.” Ava looked out the window with hot tears threatening to spill over as she thought. She refused to believe that any of this was anything more than a reflection of how they were raised. “You KNOW this is wrong. You KNOW you don’t want this and for you to even pass off Callies hard work and education as some sort of hobby is just gut wrenching.” Ava drummed her fingers against the glass as he continued. A few words stuck out and hit her like a baseball bat to the stomach. This idea that women needed to repopulate the earth. Ava always has held issues with this sexist thinking but since finding out she would probably never have her own children... it just hurt.

The siren started and Ava jumped a little, listening to the back of forth between Jackson and Gillian. This siren had something to do with Callie being missing?

“Isn’t her wedding like soon? Have you ever stopped to think maybe she left on her own accord?” Ava finally got the bravery to turn and look at him again as they neared the pier. “Have you ever stopped to think she finally was done being a coward and hiding behind blaming her father? Maybe she decided to DO something?” The words were harsh but Ava meant them. “Gillian I don’t know you as well as others may but I’m not dumb. You wouldn’t be doing this if you agreed with the way things are going. Sometimes it’s not the faith that’s the problem... it’s the practice.”

Outside Ava noticed they had finally reached the peer and she crossed her arms across her chest. She had NO intention of running! Why wouldn’t this stupid man get it through his handsome skull!!

“Okay? So I die. It’s not like I have anything left! Id rather die knowing I helped than run and hide alone. In a different country.”

Lo

“Haru what are you talking about, of course you’re going. We ALL are going! Have you two lost your mind? Be scared and embarrassed in safety for fucks sake!” God what was everyones issue? They finally had a one way ticket out of this hell hole and Lo was having zero holdbacks about taking it. Once they were in a different country she could try and find her parents... let them know she was safe. Nothing was going to stop her from that.

At least that was what she thought until Daniel walked in. The shock of it and her fear made her throw her glass across the counter, as if that was what really mattered right now. Soon enough the asshole was grabbing Haru and Lo opened her mouth to speak but all that came out was a weak “Stop that...” Thankfully, Haru was stronger than she was. Almost scary even... Lo blinked and suddenly there was so much blood and Haru pouring herself a bottle of wine.

“W-What are you talking about!” Marco went to get the car and Lo just yelled at Haru. “I’m not leaving you here!” She went to grab her friend but froze mid way... she didn’t want to admit she was scared but she was. The way Haru was acting so numb made her worried... “Drake, please.”

Lo dropped her arms and turned away shamefully before quickly running to get in the SUV.

“Drake will bring her. There’s no way he’s going to let her stay.” Lo spoke to Marco as she climbed in the passenger seat and closed the door before looking over at him driving. ”I-Do you... I mean he deserved it but...am i terrible if I feel kind of... dirty about what just happened?”

Slade

“Oh come on. Callie just not getting married helps everyone so much. Plus you’re smart, once you’re given the option I’m sure you’ll catch on to this stuff quick” Slade gave her an awkward smile before leaning his head back on the seat and letting go a long sigh. One that was only interrupted when someone spoke out from the front of the Jeep.

“Aren’t you two just a regular group of bffs.” The voice came from Hannah, a member of their small army. Hannah and Slade spent a lot of time together since his arrival in the camp. She was the one who helped with his rehab after he was off bed rest. They worked out and trained. Slade saw her as a friend and one of the guys honestly.

Slade blushes a bit and reached up to shake the girls chair. “What you mad I have other friends besides you lot of idiots.” He rolled his eyes and gained some chuckles from the others but couldn’t help but notice Hannah just rolled her eyes. What was that all about?

“Anyways, you’ll do fine Callie. Don’t sweat it okay?”

Drake
Everything happened so fast, everyone was mildly arguing and then suddenly Daniel stumbled in smelling of booze. “Excuse me? How about you just run along to bed man, I don’t want to deal with you right now.” Drake was doing everything he could not to get physical right here and now but if they could just get the asshole to go to his area of the house they could still get the others out of here before Drake went and found him.

His thoughts were ruined when Haru stepped in, “Haru Wait, you don’t have to.” Then everything went downhill fast. “Hey get your dirty little hands off her you fucking creep!” Drake stepped forward but before he reached them there was a flash of silver then red. Daniel was laying on the ground gasping for air and Haru was pouring a glass of wine.

Marco went for a car and Lo pleaded with him. “Y-yeah of course.” Drake finally pulled his eyes from the blood and walked over to Haru, gently placing his hand on her shoulder before taking the bottle. “Listen you can chug the whole fucking bottle in the car. But please for the love of god just get in the fucking car Haru.”

Callie

Praise was something she was used to; that's what the wives got that kept them going through their boring existence. In this case it was the daughter of the prophet, she was often praised on her beauty and her etiquette. Being complimented because she was smart? It made her heart swell with happiness. If Slade believed in her she could do this, right? Slade was the strongest person she knew. He literally came back from the dead!

A woman from the front said something not so pleasantly about her and Slade being a pair of bffs. Were they? Her big green eyes looked up at Slade and thought for a moment. "Are we friends? I've never had one of those." She had associates, people that liked her because of her money and status. She grew up with her brother following her around so there was never time to form anything of substance with anyone. Her hands stopped fiddling and she stopped nervously biting at her lip. Suddenly she felt calm, like everything would be okay. "I like that. Friends."

It wasn't long before the events of the day had caught up to her. The exhaustion of the part, the adrenaline rush of the escape, the mental anguish over losing her brother. She had fallen asleep leaning against the window but after a little while she turned in her seat slightly and leaned against Slade. Her head buried under his arm for warmth into an almost cuddling position and stayed there. Well, for the most part. Over the next few hours she woke up and looked around, asked for Gillie, before laid her head back down. A car full of strangers had her anxiety sky high. She was having nightmares but thankfully the familiar sight of Slade put her at ease. The last time she woke up and looked around immediately and found Slade before going back to sleep. She wanted to check to make sure he didn't abandon her with strangers.

How long had she been asleep? Callie woke up with a loud yawn as the car halted to a stop. "Where are we?" The back of her hand rubbed her eye sleepily as she yawned.

Haru

Every cell in Haru's body felt numb, it was kind of like she was floating. She didn't feel anything. Surely she should have felt someone purposely taking a life? She had just been so scared. Haru wasn't afraid of anything but that man ruined her life, she couldn't help being terrified of him. Just the thought of him touching her again made tears fall down her cheeks. Lo had every right to be afraid of her. Haru was now a monster.

The hand on her shoulder made her flinch and wipe away the tears on her cheeks. She didn't cry, not ever. She wasn't going to let Drake see her cry. She still had a shred of dignity left. "Leave the damn bottle. It won't fix me." Haru sat down the glass, her trembling hands spilling some wine on the counter. Quickly Haru stood and walked passed him and out the door. Once to the SUV she climbed in the back and slid behind the drivers side. Her arms folded across her chest while her tearful eyes stared out the window.

As they pulled up to the once bustling pier it was empty. Once the car was parked Haru slowly slid out and smoothed out her red dress, wiping the remainder of the blood on the dress. Haru truly didn't want to leave this place, she was far too ashamed. She took a deep breath of the sea breeze and looked around. There were a ton of boats, ships, and sailboats. All of them were eerily empty. "Do you even know the way to Canada?"

Gillian

Gillian was a calm, stoic man. He prided himself on losing his cool. Ava? She was pushing every button Gillian didn't know he had. "Callie wouldn't leave me. Okay? No matter what." Gillian's father beat him into submission. The only thing he had in his life to make him smile was his sister. The thought of her leaving him literally killed him. "I do not agree with every aspect of my father's rulings but he is the prophet. He says this is for the best of humanity and that we all have our place in the world. It was my mother and Callie that wished for me to save people. Rescuing women being harmed is my way of helping. But, if you must know, Canada has been speaking to us about possible negotiations. I'll be representing the new states. See? I'm not a good person."

With that said they pulled into the pier and he noticed another car. He recognized the plate and his brows furrowed. "That's one of Drake's families cars. I...have a feeling I know who it is. I believe Lo will be there. If we catch them in time then you all can sail north." The car turned off and Gillian stood from the car. "Get out of the car Ava. You're more useful in Canada anyway. If you want to bring down a society like this then you need the press and media attention. Canada has the internet still, like the rest of the world. If you stay here you will be killed and we don't have press to report on deaths. You...can tell the stories of torture. the camps. The boats." Gillian straightened his jacket as his hand settled on the door of the car. "If you want to stay and die then that's on you. But if you want to make a difference and save people you'll get on the damn boat."

Gillian slammed the door shut. He didn't wait for Ava, he wanted her to make the decision. Instead he walked down the pier and seen a few familiar faces. "Take my sailboat. There's plenty of room for sleeping below deck and it's quieter than all your monstrosities." Gillian tossed the keys to Marco. "Catch and get going, I have places to be. I don't have time to be your watchdog." Gillian's hands slid in his pockets as he looked around the parking lot. "What happened to make you guys run? I'm curious." He was trying to distract himself from the thoughts of his sister alone and scared.

Marco

As Lo hopped into the passenger seat she looked like she had seen a ghost. Maybe Marco was numb to death after the death of his family, maybe Lo had never seen death. Who knows what was the case, but it was clear she was disturbed about what happened. "You were a handmaiden when you came here. You went through the same training as Haru, yes? You know what she has to do? I'm not trying to compare you, we're all our own people. But what she went through was terrible. It was traumatic. Everyone has a breaking point and everything has been building since he forced himself on her. To me he deserved it...I know that's bad to say."

Marco pet the back of Lo's gorgeous red hair. "Hey, it'll be okay. Yeah? We're gonna get out of here. Don't lose hope." Marco shone Haru and Drake a small smile when they got in the car. Quickly Marco drove to the pier. The pier wasn't too far, maybe 10-15 minutes. The roads were clear and Marco was so thankful. When they got there he hopped out of the car and looked around. "There's a lot of boats." As they walked down the pier a voice startled him.

"Gillian?" What was he doing here? "Ay-careful!" Marco caught the keys and gave a small glare. "Wh-" It was then that he realized the siren was going off. That was one that was drilled in his head. That meant Callie was missing. "Gillian I'm sure she's okay, yeah? Probably playing in the rain." With that said Marco looked around at the pier. "That's a yacht Gillian, but it'll do." Marco sighed quietly and shook his head. Sailboat? What sail? "Perfect size though." Marco got on the boat and ran up to the steering wheel. It had been a while since he drove a boat. Like a bike, right? He inserted the key and turned on the boat. The motor started whirling. "Hurry on guys!"
7142573_20190813071258859_1_XLARGE.jpg

Slade

Slade fell in and out of sleep for most of the ride, the others would switch around in the drivers seat but allowed Slade time to rest due to taking the most on during the actual mission. Hannah had a few more words to say but Slade just laughed them off like jokes, she had been like this since he met her a while ago, sarcastic and moody, it was just the way she was. As they drove, Slade would watch Callie as she slept, wondering if he should wake her however it seemed whenever the nightmare got too bad she shook herself awake.

One time that he woke up, Slade found that Callie was quite literally attached to him and the blush that took over his face was so warm he honestly thought he might start sweating. A couple of the guys gave him shit but he just sat there stone faced before pretending to fall back asleep.

After a long car drive of his nerves being ruined, they finally arrived in New Orleans. Callie woke up just as they were passing the first of three outer gates. “Hah, you’re in the Big Easy.” Slade spoke plainly as they passed the second gate and finally the third and were welcomed into a city that didn’t look as if the near end of the word was happening outside their doors. New Orleans was a large place but this group took up residence on Bourbon Street. Which was fairly ironic considering the insane morals of the man ruining the country. Slade got out of the car before holding out his hand to help Callie out as well. The street was bustling with activity. People worked as cooks, cleaning, gatherers and fishers. Some tried to keep a sense of normalcy by still opening the bars on the street as well as the few strip clubs. Of course nothing cost money anymore but… ya know. A few people were staring, they knew what the mission meant and were anxious to see if it worked. “Callie don’t be afraid, I know its different but everyone here is pretty nice. And everyone was hoping for you to come here with us, I promise.”

Ava

Ava was about to start in again when the car pulled to a stop and Gillian was mentioning Drake. Did that mean the others were here as well? She perked up to look through the window as she heard the door open from his side of the car, “Hey wait! I never said!” SLAM. Well great. Just because he got out of the car did NOT mean she would. Ava crossed her arms across her chest and looked at Jackson through the rearview mirror. “So what do you think the chances are of him giving in and letting me stay?” The man replied with a chuckle and shook his head. Oh. That was kind of what she thought as well.

She turned her eyes back to the window and sighed as she watched him talk to the others. What a jackass.

Slowly Ava gave up and opened the car door, slowly walking over to them with her arms still crossed across her chest. “Don’t you have somewhere to go.” She said it and had intended it to sound mean but had lost all her fight at this point. This poor man had years of being told he was bad and wrong and had no other purpose but this stupid cause. There was nothing she could say in a ten minute drive that would change that, she could only wish she helped melt it a little. “I mean, I think Callie is fine. I’m almost positive she is… something just tells me that.” Ava shifted a little before finally looking over to Haru and Lo, Marco already running for the boat. Her frail hand rose in a little wave before she smiled sweetly, “I’m so happy to see you guys!”

Ava didn’t want to go to Canada, what Gill said was true… maybe she could do something to help. Tell someone, get the word out… spread awareness and try to rally assistance. But she didn’t know how to do anything like that! She was a young woman who owned a tea shop before all this mess not a politician. “Hey listen, I’ll go without much more of a fight if you make me a promise okay.” Ava turned to him and pulled his face down firmly so he had to stare at her at her own level. “If you want me to actually try and figure out how to do this, you have to find a way to contact me-us when we’re there. You have experience with this shit, I don’t! I don’t even know where to start.” She dropped her hands and sighed a little before letting go of her angry tone and throwing her arms around him tightly in a hug. “And stop letting others decide who you are. Please…” After a long moment she let go and moved away to get on the boat, if she didn’t now she would get back in the damn car.

Drake

God when he grabbed the bottle he didn’t mean it like THAT. Drake used bad humor to get through shit like this and now he felt like crap for even mentioning it. As the drove to the marina, Drake thanked the gods that the roads were mostly clear of people. The marina was desolate as well.

When they exited the car Drake eyed Haru as she wiped blood on her dress and frowned a little. When they actually boarded the boat he would have to make sure to rummage through his moms belongings on board to find something for the girls to change out of. And find a way for them to rip out those fucking ear tags that made him want to rage.

“What?” Drake turned to see Gillain’s car pull up and instantly scowled. “What do you want blondie?” He watched with a raised brow as he tossed Marco the keys. He was about to ask if it was so he could track them or some shit but when Ava climbed out of his car, Drake nearly fainted. He swore she had to be dead along with Slade but here she was. He watched quizzicly at the interaction between the two and had to hold back a curt laugh. Gillian, all scary and brooding, getting told off by this tiny little thing? Hah. Maybe he wasn’t as big and bad as he acted in public.

Drake looked back at Lo and Haru, resting a hand on Lo’s shoulder for a moment before pushing her in the direction of the boat after Ava and Marco. Then he reached out to Haru and gently took her hand. “Hey, let’s go okay? Even getting lost at sea with this lot is better than chilling with the Potter family huh?”

Lo

Lo felt dirty. Dirty about watching a man die, dirty about the way she acted about Haru, dirty about running away when people still suffered. But what was she supposed to do? No matter how many times she mentally told herself to get over it, she just felt worse and worse. Lo used to be bold, athletic and quick witted. Now she was scared and ambitionless. Honestly she was content hiding under Drake’s protection… and that was the most disgusting thing of all. Her best friend was suffering. She watched Ava and Slade get hurt and killed. Drake was risking his life for her and she was simply content, sipping sparkling juice and keeping her mouth shut. How disgusting…

At the marina Lo got out of the car and looked around, shivering slightly in the wind. “Creepy…” The boats gently bobbed in the water but besides that no movement was happening around them. It appeared as if even the seagulls ran away.

As she spent her time staring out at the water she began to hear conversation behind them, when she turned to see Gillian she nearly dropped to her knees and put her hands up. Only he wasn’t here to arrest them, he was throwing a set of keys to Marco and soon Ava was joining the party. “A-Ava? b-But…” Wasn’t Ava like dead? What in the hell was happening here. Before she could fully comprehend, Drake was pushing her towards the boat and Lo was moving mindlessly.

Once on the boat Lo made her way inside and pushed back her wet hair from her face thanks to the rain. “Marco I know you’re a pilot and all but can you really drive a boat?”

Callie

Her bright green eyes stared at the outside through the glass, her eyes sparkling curiously. They drove through three guarded gates before they entered the city, a city that appeared to be untouched by the new laws. People were wearing normal clothes, women were walking around without escorts; it was something Callie truly missed seeing. Before she knew it the car vehicle was turning down a street called Bourban Street. When the car came to a stop she found Slade helping her out of the car. "Oh, thank you." She shown him a sweet smile before looking around the street. There were a lot of bars and restaurants, untouched from her fathers laws.

Callie stretched her petite frame and gave a small yawn before for Slade spoke. "It's hard not to be scared when for my whole life I've had Gillian with me every step of the way. It's for a good cause though, I hope he sees the light soon." Callie's trembling hands rubbed together and slid in her pockets as she took a deep breath. Be brave, Callie. She had to be brave to be able to help people."Well I'm glad to be here. I'll do anything I can to help." Callie gave Slade a small smile. If he believed in her then she could do this. "So what's the first thing we have to do? Have you guys gotten in contact with Canada yet?"

Haru

When Gillian appeared a part of her was relieved. Part of her prayed that he'd execute her, unfortunately he was tossing Marco a set of keys. Ava was walking out of the car and yelling at Gillian before climbing on the boat. However, Haru wasn't ready to leave and face the world. She started to look for an escape frantically and even considered throwing herself in the ocean. Someone grabbed her hand and she nearly flinched, her brown eyes looking up to see Drake. "Y-Yeah, you're right." Could things really go from a nightmare to okay all because of a boat ride?

Haru followed Drake onto the boat before she looked around and noticed the door that lead to the inside. "I'm uh, going to see if they have any clothes on board." Haru gave Drakes hand small squeeze before walking through the door. There was a small dining area and kitchenette, even a little reading nook with a large bookshelf. There was a staircase that took her below the deck and there she found herself in the living quarters. There was a bathroom with a shower and four bedrooms. One closet must have belonged to Callie's mother, it had jeans that would have been too long on Callie.

First things first? A hot shower to try and wash away the rain and trauma. It made her feel more refreshed but she still felt the heavy weight on her chest. After all she killed a man. Haru would never take a life but he had pushed her to her breaking point. She didn't even remember stabbing him, it was like a natural response. After the shower she tossed on a knee length black dress, a black cardigan, and threw her wet hair in a bun.

Slowly Haru made it back upstairs to the top driving section of the boat. "There's a shower and clothes downstairs." The rain was coming down pretty hard. It was dark but she could make out angry looking clouds, thunder and lighting off in the distance. "What do you guys think Canada is going to be like? " Haru fiddled with the red ring on the top part of her ear as her thoughts drifting to her old life. Could she be a doctor again in Canada? She didn't know if she could go back to her old life.

Gillian

Everyone was apprehensive at first and he understood why. Marco quickly hopped on the boat in order to turn it on, the engine breaking the silence of the night. Ava started to go on about leaving without a fight and he couldn't help but crack a smile. They were both stubborn people but he knew she'd cave and go. "Yeah, what's the pro- whoa Ava!" Gillian's face heated slightly as the small girl tugged him down to her level. The words she spoke made Gillian question her sanity. She wanted his help? He practiced what he preached. He was the son of the monster that started this for heaven sake!

When her hugs flew around him he felt like his heart was going to pound out of his chest. He even found his arms wrapping around her and giving her a soft squeeze. "I'll meet you guys." After the wedding he would contact Canada for clearance to fly in. Everything would be back to normal and he could resume normal political business. Hell, the wedding was even a political affair. He'd have more time to do his job once Callie became a wife.

What did she mean by that last bit? He didn't do everything he was told to. Right? Every job had rules and regulation. His life in this world was a job--every role had a job. "Safe travels." Gillian gave a small wave to the group before returning to the car. "She's a different from all those quiet girls you've rescued." Gillian gave a small sigh at his uncles words. "Yes, well. She was good to Callie, I owed her one." Gillian coughed quietly as he looked out the window, his cheeks slightly tinted pink. "Let's go find Callie and clean up her mess." With that said Jackson pulled out of the harbor. He silently prayed that they got there safely.

Marco

"I'm from Italy, I grew up near the harbor. Drove boats out into the water and fished. After I got my piloting license I got permitted to drive boats like these. I actually live on a boat. Smaller than this, just a sailboat with one bath and one bed." Marco chuckled quietly and made sure everyone was on the boat before he pressed a button to withdraw the anchor. As soon as he put the boat in drive he noticed the weather start to turn. The waves were picking up and rocked the boat a few times, each time the waves getting taller. They were even starting to splash the deck.

When Haru walked in Marco looked back at everyone. "Everyone I'm going to ask you to put on life vests." Marco went digging around in the cupboards of the driving room and found enough orange life vests. He took note the location of the life preservers; one was on the wall of the cabin and the other by a bench on the main deck outside. He tossed each person a life vest before he slid his on and tightened it. He locked the cabin door before walking back to the helm of the boat. The panel of the boat had many buttons and switches, a few of which Marco flipped on. A bright light turned on and illuminated the water and sky in front of them. "Haru why don't you go take a nap? Lo do you want to shower and get out of those clothes? Drake and I can stay here and man the boat, I would like a copilot in this weather."

Marco flipped on the weather monitor and frowned at the map he seen on the screen. It looked bad. For the people on dry land it would be fine, it just looked like heavy rains. Unfortunately for them they had to avoid the coast, they had to drive through the large storm. "It's going to be a bad ride you guys."

Lo

Lo showered and changed into comfier clothes before tightening her life jacket around her torso once more. As it got later and later into the night the storm went on and on, the darkness of night making everything even worse. Drake and Marco we’re still manning the boat and Lo hadn’t seen Haru in a long while. Lo thought about seeking her out but got too scared... she felt like she had been a bad friend and didn’t deserve to waste Harus time. Or anyone got that matter...

After resting on one of the benches in the interior for a while before deciding to go watch the water from the deck. Lo had stood far from the edge for a long while but before she knew it she was watching the wild waves while resting her elbows against the railing. Maybe there was a way to stop feeling so weak and useless... it was unbearable and she didn’t know how to stop it. Lo wanted to be a different person but she was so scared still.

As the red haired young woman lost herself in a depressive episode, the boat hit a substantial wave and it tossed Lo of balance, she attempted to steady herself once more but another quick wave made her lose her footing and topple over the side. The water was freezing and despite having the life jacket it was hard to stop dropping below the waves. The boat wasn’t moving quickly at all, but now Lo was stuck in the dangerous position between the storm and the giant boat.

Ava

After finding some clothes to change into and taking a quick shower, Ava took the time to relax and read for a while. The ride to Nova Scotia was long even without the storm. The book she was reading wasn’t really interesting to her in all honesty and she was consumed with thoughts about Callies safety. She had been so sure she was okay but Gillians worry made her worry a bit... Finally Ava slammed shut the book and decided to cook, that always seemed to take her mind off things.

Thankfully the kitchen was pretty well stocked, seemed like workers kept it with fresh things whether or not the thing was in motion. She put together a salad and made grilled chicken and mashed potatoes. Ava was even able to find some herbs to turn into a tea for everyone. Finally when she was done she wiped her dirty hands on the jeans she was wearing and set out to find the others. Haru was first, Ava peeked into the room she was in and just let her know she had some food in the kitchen for everyone. Next Lo, last shed seen her she has been resting on the bench.

Ava looked, she swore she looked everywhere at least that she knew of. Lo was nowhere to be found. Ava quickly made her way to the area Drake and Marco were controlling the boat from and let out a whimper when she discovered Lo wasn’t there either. “Guys I can’t find Lo, I- I don’t know where she could have gone.”

Drake

The storm was a bit wicked and Drake knew shit about boats! All he knew about boats was they go in water and his family owned giant ones. Hell he had only been on those giant ones like three times and it’s not like he was really in charge of shit! Marco wanted his help? Well okay, he’d try. Basically Marco took charge and whatever he asked of Drake he did his best. The waves however had gotten so bad at this point and they were still so far from the shore that they weren’t even really making progress at this point. They were trying to just get out of the night without toppling over.

“God I don’t ever want to be on a fucking boat again!” Drake let out a frustrated yell as he stumbled to keep his balance. He felt sick. He wanted to vomit. He wanted to go home. And by home he meant back in time a year and just fucking fly! THIS WAS TERRIBLE.

Behind him Ava burst into view and started speaking. “What do you mean she’s missing? We’re in a fucking boat where could she have gone?”

Marco

The storm was throwing the ship around like it weighed nothing, the water nearly topped them and the wind and rain kept throwing them off course. He just wanted to get them through this so they could throw the anchor and rest for a few hours. Though it was clear he didn't spend much time on a boat Drake was very helpful, he did whatever Marco asked. That let him remain focus on the large waves hitting them. "Pardon?" Marco's brows furrowed as he broke his focus for a moment. "Search the boat again, I'll look around the deck and cargo bin." Though he knew it was dangerous he parked the boat, dropped anchor, and left the motor running to keep them steady.

Marco tossed on one of the ponchos, grabbed a flashlight, and walked outside, spitting out some of the rain as it hit him in the face. The boat was brightly lit at this point, you'd think she'd be easy to find if she was up here. She wasn't on the deck. He opened up a storage compartment on the deck, shown the light around and shook his head. No go. He shut the hatch and looked around for a moment. Could she have toppled? His heart sank as the possibility went through his head. "Lorna?!" He grabbed the life preserver and ran to the gate of the boat. The water was dark and thrashing around, it was hard to see.

"Lo are you out there?!" He squinted as he walked around the boat to look for her. He froze for a second when he seen the bobbing orange life vest. "Lo!" He ran to the railing closest to her and assessed the situation. She was going to drown if they didn't get her out, the waves were swallowing her up. Marco quickly swung the preserver around a few times before launching it towards her. Unfortunately the waves were going to carry her away from them, the preserver could only go so far. "Lo grab on!" He wanted to jump in and save her but those waves would put both of them in danger.

Haru

"Thank you Ava." Haru was laying on the couch reading a murder mystery book when Ava came in and announced there was food. Haru really hadn't been eating well but with how cold it was the hot tea sounded good. She slid to her feet and walked out to the kitchenette, pouring a cup of the tea. She fussed with the life vest as she took a long drink of the hot liquid. Her tired brown eyes looked out onto the deck to see Marco running out with a flashlight. Her brows furrowed slightly. He was walking around looking for something. "What's going on?" Haru sat down the cup of tea and pulled on the hood of her jacket.

Once outside Haru squinted her eyes. Marco was grabbing a life preserver and her heart nearly skipped a beat. Was he yelling for Lo? "Lorna?" Haru rushed to the railing and her heart nearly burst out of her chest. "Lo! Swim with everything you have, come on!" Haru grabbed hold of the rope with Marco, standing by to pull Lo up. "Come on Lo, you've got this!"

Lo

The water was at the point that it hurt, it was cold and harsh and hitting her with a force that felt like a bus. Her mind was rapidly moving between scared and tired... ready to give up. She was tired of fighting, in the water, in life in general, against herself. It was all so much. Lo was ready to reach up and unbuckle the life vest as soon as Marcos flash light fell on her. She winced away at the light before she fell under for another moment, resurfacing and coughing up a lung.

Lo could barely hear them yelling at her over the sound of the wind and waves. Hell she could barely see the life preserver that Haru threw at her. She wanted to yell for them to not worry, that it was okay. But then something struck her. Haru. This person was her best friend, her best friend that Lo shyed away from when things got hard, one that made Lo feel like the worst friend ever.... even that person who Lo had been awful too was still screaming at her to do something.

Lo began to kick and fight, taking on mouthfuls of salty water and damn near blinded by the waves. After a long and hard battle against the sea she finally grasped onto the life preserver and pulled herself to it, clinging on for dear life. At this point she couldn’t tell what was tears or what was ocean spray. All she knew was she had to stop her pity party, it was going to cost her her life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back