• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern [CLOSED] Search for casual post-apocalyptic rp

undergrownghost

Have we gone wrong?
Hi, I'm Ghost.

Whether it's with zombies or some other entity devastating the human race, I want to rp in a setting where modern civilizations are overrun with plants since that makes for some nice visual imagery. The setting in my mind takes inspo from The Last of Us, The Walking Dead Game (the latter seasons specifically), and A Quiet Place. Specifics can be worked out via dm, but anyway some stuff about me:
  • She/her pronouns
  • I'm 19 and don't have an age restriction on who I write with so long as you're competent and wary of my preferences.
  • I've got years' worth of writing experience but would consider my overall style to be pretty casual. I avoid ornate language and excessive detail so if that's something you're into, turn back now. All things said, my responses can range from 2-5 paragraphs and I value quality over quantity. Willing to provide a sample if needed.
  • I churn out responses slowly. At the very least you can always expect one per day and up to 3 depending.
  • I live in PST.

Rp Preferences:
  • Oc-based
    • I don't need an in-depth character sheet, just that you provide some basic information. Your character doesn't need to be super developed, just somewhat realistic and consistent enough to work with. I don't do faceclaims since they're usually unrealistic and I consider them to be unnecessary. Notable physical characteristics and other significant details can be included along with the general information you choose to provide.
  • Third-person (non-negotiable)
  • Literate, para/multi-para length
  • Romance is alright so long as it isn't rushed/forced.
    • Can do mxf and fxf. I don't have anything against mxm, but all of my male characters for this rp happen to be straight.
  • Darker themes are okay as permitted.
  • Some amount of oorp communication
    • I'm pretty shy so I'll primarily be communicating with you to discuss plot direction and mention if I'll be inactive for a while, but I have nothing against casual convo especially if it's rp-relevant.
  • Can go offsite if necessary (Discord)
  • Let me know if you lose interest in rping with me
    • There won't be any hard feelings and it's not like I can do anything if you ghost me, so you could at least pay me a bit of consideration by being direct and not making me wait for you unnecessarily.

I'm not interested in a meticulously-crafted plot with limitless action/drama hence the "casual"- just want to write about two regular people trying to get by in an environment that's constantly working against them.

I have a few basic prompts in mind so shoot me a message if you're interested. 🫰

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Hey Ghost,
Read everything and so far I'm pretty hooked!
1. The amount of paragraphs I write is inconsistent but usually I write 1 to 3 paragraphs (each can vary in size)
2. I have a few ideas for characters in an apocalyptic setting as I am (somewhat) familiar with the genre.
3. I don't have the best vocabulary (can barely pronounce the word) but Id love to write with you if you'll allow me

Also happy holidays!:closed eyes open smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back