• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic [CLOSED] Ours and Ours Alone

Corvus_crow

Fanfic writer and Roleplay Enthusiast
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"I told you I always wanted to go there, and leave this small town...do you remember?"

It was a simple dream, a common one. The world was changing...yet it felt like it wasn't happening. The advancement of technology was going quicker than the blink of an eye in the capital city...a place nearly six ours away from this small countryside town.

"Did you hear? You can now get robotic upgrades to your body! Isn't that cool? You could have super speed or strength!"

"They've come out with the first androids. Gosh, you can't tell they aren't human...they look just like us."

All advancements Jeremiah heard in his lifetime, but had yet to witness in person. Stuck still living in the isolated farm life with his parents. He would stay up late on many nights and scroll for hours on his phone.

Wow, the future seemed amazing...and he wanted to be apart of it. He grew more motivated than ever in his final years in high school...and he managed a scholarship! Oh, his parents couldn't be any prouder.

So he was finally set to go to the city after so many years of longing. It left him wondering if he would see Ayre....a man he hand't seen since he was young, yet he never forgot him.

But it made him wonder...would he even realize who he was? Likely not...too many things had changed since their last meeting.

•••

"Just sign here, and we'll take you to your dorm." The woman smiled politely from behind the counter, gesturing to the hologram before him.

"Uh, right." Jeremiah would nod, signing away quick with his finger as the petite woman would quickly guide him on his way. Jeremiah looked around in wonder, dragging a suitcase of his belongings behind him.

"At Stellar Star University, we look towards the future! Everything here is as advanced as it gets...maybe even something not seen by the public. The next generation of tech is being built here by our own students."

"Oh, wow. How exctin'." Jeremiah would admit breathlessly, looking out to the courtyard in awe. It was beautiful...everything was of green and white.

It wouldn't take too long to finally reach the dorms, and he was handed a key card.

"Your room is 186. Say hello to your roomate." She would smile, and be quick to go on her way.

Right, a roommate. Jeremiah was nervous at the idea of it as he turned and faced the door. He didn't wanna miss out on the whole 'college experience', but he also preferred the privacy. Hopefully a roommate wasn't a bad idea.

Jeremiah would knock. "Coming In!" He'd say aloud, and he unlocked the door with a mere tap of the card, the door sliding open with a hiss.

ShenYu ShenYu

"Staying up late again, Ayre?" A voice sounded while Ayre was sneaking through the dark and empty hallway, nearly making him jump in fright.

It was close to midnight now. The sky glittered with stars has no moon in sight. During this hour, practically no one should still be found on campus. Ayre purposely broke the school regulation, doing some simple tweaking to the system here and there, and forced his way into the campus so he could continue his research at night. He had to finish his project. He had to make his new prototype get accepted. There were so many things he had to do that he wasn't willing to just go back to the dorm at night instead of continuing his work here on the campus. Hence why he sneaked around like a theft.

Whoever found him now would know that Ayre had broken the rule to be here. In other words, he's busted. Stiffly turning his body to the source of the voice, Ayre's face fell when he saw who had spoken. Professor Jung, one of the most famous engineers and scientists as well as a lecturer at Stellar Star University famous for being a merciless devil. Ayre's luck was really bad to be caught by him again.

"Trespassing into campus at night, hacking into the school system, and breaking the rule, how many times has it been again, Ayre? Should I deduct your points again like last time or should I just make you repeat a year?" The professor's low and chilling voice stabbed him right through his core, making Ayre's already pale complexion turn even paler.

Ayre was truly scared this time. Neither options were light punishment. If professor Jung really deduct his points, or, even worse, make him repeat a year, he would really be done for. In horror, Ayre quickly spoke to salvage the situation. "Don't! Please, professor Jung, I was just-"

"Ayre." The middle-aged man with a stern and cold face cut him off, slowly walking closer to the younger man with a piercing gaze. "I admired your decisiveness and hard work for hacking into the school system just so you could study more and experiment more. Not many people are as diligent as you. That was the only reason why I haven't given you a heavier punishment despite what you've done so far. But rushing things wouldn't make your proposal get accepted. Being desperate is not the same as being diligent. If you don't learn to respect the rule first and control yourself... don't dream of ever graduating from my class. Understand?" The professor's voice was like a heavy conviction of a judge, sealing Ayre's fate in stone. One more mistake, Ayre's future would be as bleak and dark as the night sky outside. There will be no mercy this time.

Ayre stared at the professor pleadingly, but it was of no use. He could only forcefully pull himself together, trying as best as he could to stay composed as he spoke with a small and weak voice. "...I understand, professor."

"It's good that you understand." Professor Jung warned. "This is the last time I would be letting you off with light punishment. Don't let me find you wandering in the lab at times when you shouldn't be there again. Now go back to your dorm. I heard that you'll have a new roommate tomorrow. Maybe that would keep you stay put during the night."

Ayre nodded, politely say goodbye to the professor, before walking towards the dormitory with a hunched back and heavy footsteps. The cold breeze that hit his face as soon as he stepped out of the building didn't make him feel any better. Ayre let out a sigh, staring up to the night sky with dull gray eyes.

All he wanted was to do better, to work harder. He had dreamed of being here, studying in this place, and graduating to be a famous engineer for all his life. Working first hand to produce a new gadget and technology that would change the world, how cool would that be? But the reality is crueler than a dream. He had been stuck in this place, trying to prove himself by constantly making new gadgets, hoping that his proposals would get accepted so that he could graduate. But none of his works has been enough. None of his efforts bear any fruit. All that was left was a poor college student who is barely holding on. If he was forced to repeat a year again, if he couldn't graduate this year, there would be no future left for him in this place. His money is not enough to pay the tuition fee. He could only force himself to accept reality and dropped out to find a job. Maybe his life would turn for the better that way. But... is he really willing to give up now? He was so close to the finish line. All he needed was to get his graduation thesis accepted. Would he let go of all of his dreams if he failed one more time?

Ayre was once brimming with dreams and hopes for the future. But now, everything has been crushed by the cruel reality. He's not good enough, and never will be.

Ayre didn't know how he arrived at the dorm that night. All he knew was that his mind was nowhere near his body, wandering off to the dark places where there was no light nor hope. He didn't even bother eating the bread he had prepared for his dinner. Instead, he went straight to bed, staring at the ceiling as he waited for this long and silent night to passed by...

o00o

Ayre didn't know when he fell asleep. He was forced awake by the knock on his door. Then, a burst of light pierced through his closed eyes, illuminating the dark but clean and tidy room. The knock itself was not that loud. At least not as loud as the voice of the person who came in. But with how bad his insomnia was, Ayre was used to waking up to the slightest noise. With a confused, not fully awake expression, Ayre sat up, making the blanket slide down from his upper body. "Who is it?" He hoarsely asked.

Ayre snapped his finger and the light in the room suddenly turned on, revealing his current appearance. His black hair was as messy as a chicken nest. A hand with long and slender fingers was shielding his pair of gray eyes from the light, slowly letting them adjust to the brightness. There was a deep dark circle under his eyes. He looked like a mess. Through his squinted eyes, he finally saw the figure that has come inside the room. It looked to be a young man with blonde hair and blue eyes. Ayre shifted his eyes to the holographic screen displaying the time next to his bed, noting that it was morning already. He had no class at this hour. And he didn't think he had an appointment with anyone today. Confused, he tilted his head toward the newcomer and asked once more. "Who are you? Is there anything I could help you with?" His voice was still hoarse and deep from just waking up. But his tone was mild, not the least bit irritated from being woken up from his sleep.

Jeremiah had entered the room with a smile...but when he saw Ayre, well.

He stood frozen, staring with wide eyes. What were the chances... seeing the man he just had been thinking about. He knew he'd be at the college— he spoke so often about going to this university, even as a child. Big dreams from the start.

Jeremiah would cough awkwardly as he looked away, dragging his suitcase to his side.

"Sorry I woke you. I'm your new roommate." He explained as he turned again to look at the other, smiling weaker as he held out his hand.

From here on, he was a stranger to the man he grew up with. It had been long enough that it might as well be a fresh start.

"My name's Jeremiah. What's yours?" He asked with a hum.

"I hope we'll get along pretty well."

Roommate? Ayre's thoughts swirled as he tried to recall anything about him having a roommate. Then, he seemed to vaguely remember professor Jung mentioned it when he caught him last night. A new roommate, hoping it would help him settle down in his dorm at night. He didn't pay attention too much because his mind was in too much of a mess at that time.

Ayre pushed back the strands of black hair that scattered messily in front of his eyes. To show politeness, he stood up from his bed and approach his new roommate, shaking the hand that the other had extended to him. "Ayre Nox. You can just call me Ayre. Nice to meet you." He spoke slowly. His face still looked tired and worn out. But there was a small welcoming smile as he greeted Jeremiah. "I forgot that a new roommate will be coming today. I've been busy lately. I haven't tidied up the other bed. I'm really sorry for this."

As he apologized, Ayre gazed at the empty bed not far from his bed. This room has the same layout as a twin bedroom in a hotel, just a bit less high-end. There were two desks in between the two single beds. The closet was inlaid into the wall next to the door. There was also a bathroom. Everything that should be there was there. Although he regularly clean the room, he was busy after all. The empty desk and bed might be covered in dust.

"Oh, it's quite alright." Jeremiah assured with a chipper tone, and a slight southern accent. He took a small look around then, and he looked to be picturing his decor upon the walls.

That can go there...oh! If I move the desk I can fit that...hm. There needs to be shelves in here. He thought, before bringing his attention back to Ayre. Gosh. He had grown so much...he was very handsome, even when dishevelled as he was. Grey eyes forever captivating.

"Alright— I better go get the rest of my things. This is just my clothes and toiletries. " He gestured a little to the suitcase, which he wheeled over to the bed.

"I'll be quick n quiet if ya need more shut eye." He assured as he would stand back, moving already to go back towards the dorm door.

"Oh— what are you studying? If you don't mind me asking." He'd then pry curiously, half in the doorway as he looked at the other expectantly.

Ayre shifted his attention back to Jeremiah, a bit surprised to hear the southern accent as he spoke. He didn't notice that before. But now that he did, it gave him a wave of nostalgia. "Are you from the south? Where did you come from?" Ayre was a bit too excited as he asked. His tired gray eyes were finally sipped with a bit of brightness as he remembered his hometown that he hasn't visited for years. There might be a lot of small cities down in the south. But maybe Jeremiah came from the same town as him? Or maybe he knew about his hometown? Finding a little red rope that might connect him to his childhood place made Ayre excited.

Now that he looked at his new roommate even closer, he did see some characteristics that showed he came from the south. In regard to this, Ayre who also came from the south was the weird one here. Because his parents were not a native there, his complexion was pale. He had black hair and gray eyes, something uncommon in that small countryside town that was filled with farmers and bathed with a lot of sunlight. Jeremiah had healthy tanned skin with freckles on his face. He looked bright and lovely. Wait, why does that face remind him of someone?

As Ayre was lost in thoughts, he was jolted back to reality when Jeremiah said he would grab more of his stuff. "It's fine. I've had enough sleep already. Do you need help with your stuff?" He asked, ready to help Jeremiah if needed. If not, he could just help him clean the mattress and desk. As he was about to get ready to work, he saw Jeremiah poke his head back into the dorm to ask him what he was studying at. He flashed the other a small smile as he answered. "I'm in the engineering major. If things went well, I should be able to graduate this year."

"Oh. Yeah." Jeremiah would nod.
"I'm from down south— from Littlesden." He lied, a city...a town about an hour west to where they grew up. He hadn't expected the other's excitement, seems Ayre missed it...as boring as it could be sometimes.

"An engineer? That's some tough stuff— and I would love some help. If yer up for it." He them chuckled a little, poking fun at just how tired the other seemed. He would wait politely for the other to slip on their shoes before they would talk together down the never ending white hall.

"I'm going into computer sciences..." he would explain shyly. Seems Jeremiah was terribly book smart— quite the contrary to the southern assumptions.

When he heard the name of the town, Ayre was a bit disappointed. But he soon get over it as he flashed the other a small smile. "I know that town. I might not look like it but I'm also from the south. Wellspring town, just an hour to the east from your town. I moved to the city during my teen though." Ayre hummed as he spoke. Clearly in a better mood. He had wanted to ask more about his hometown. His memories of that time were a bit vague. But he remembered his hometown as a very peaceful place, away from the bustling and chaotic atmosphere of the city where everyone lived as if they were being chased by time. He moved out so abruptly at that time due to some circumstances, making him unable to properly bid goodbye to the people he knew there. But he didn't want to come off as being too overly familiar. So he chose not to say anything more.

Ayre lifted an eyebrow when Jeremiah poked fun of his appearance, clearly thinking he look too tired to help. Well, he did look like he could pass out as soon as his head hit the pillow. But Ayre had insomnia. At this hour, it's useless to try to sleep again no matter how tired he was. He wouldn't be able to fall asleep. "Don't underestimate the people from the engineering major. They're always tired, would sleep less each day, but are still able to make groundbreaking inventions. I could do better than that too." Ayre joked back, showing a carefree and energetic smile despite the dark circle and tired look. He approached the other and put on his shoes, following Jeremiah down the hallway to the place where he put his remaining stuff.

"Computer science, huh? Are you a freshman? It's quite amazing for you to come all the way to Stellar Star University from the small town of Littlesden. Especially enrolling in a difficult major like computer science." He sincerely commented. He didn't know if the situation was the same in other towns down in the south. But in his hometown, not many people like to study. Their lives revolved more around farm work.

"Woah there, trying to one up me?" Jeremiah would laugh a little. He was terribly chipper for being up as early as he was.

"I can believe it. Engineers are what make the world turn." He would hum, with the other's compliment quickly making him blush.

"I got lucky with a scholar ship. Had to work real hard for it." He would admit. It showed in his attire. Jeremiah wasn't a wealthy boy, and he came from a big family. It had him sticking out like a sore thumb— especially when compared to those who had their parents simply pay for everything. That wouldn't be a luxury for Jeremiah.

They would reach the door to the underground parking, which would open with the same keycard for the rooms. With a quick flick of his wrist, it would open with a hiss, and Jeremiah would begin walking down the stairs. It echoed intensely, every step being heard for seconds longer than normal.

Ayre eyed Jeremiah's lanky figure from top to bottom as they walk, not even bothering to hide his gaze. Then, he looked at his own body that's almost a head taller than Jeremiah. "Well, I'd say I have the confidence to back me up if I'm really trying to one-up you then." Ayre broke into chuckles. His implication was clear. But of course, he was saying that as a joke. He was not trying to brag nor make the other feel bad. As he laugh, the gray eyes were twinkling with light as they curved up into a crescent shape.

"A scholarship. Wow, you must be one genius fellow. I used to apply for scholarships but none got through. I guess I'm too good for them. " Ayre teased and joked, faking a jealous expression. He had certainly noticed that Jeremiah's road to reach this place was not easy, evident to his attire and appearance. Actually, Ayre was not in a too different situation from Jeremiah. Although he was a bit better off than Jeremiah, he was actually left to support himself. But he held on solely for his dream.

"Since you're new here, have you gone around the city before?" He asked, picking up a random topic to keep the conversation going. He followed the other down the stair leading into the underground parking lot, wondering how many goods Jeremiah had. If it's a lot, they might need to go back and forth to move everything to the dorm room.

"Oh— nope! I just got here today." Jeremiah would admit as he approached an old farm truck. It was red in color, and rusting along the edges. Just how old was this thing? Most cars now had a very aerodynamic and fluid appearance.

Jeremiah would rummage, and pulled his keys from his back pocket to unlock the truck, opening the passenger door and leaning into the back, his legs just barely staying on the ground.

"If you ain't too busy— I'd love a tour guide round once I'm settled." He would grunt, pulling a well taped box from the back, and handing it to the other. There seemed to be a second box— and then bedding, which was a red flannel, and white.

When Ayre saw the old farm truck, he was once again a bit surprised as a wave of nostalgia washed over him. "Is this your truck?" Ayre asked, looking oddly excited. "There used to be a similar truck parked not far from my house back in my hometown. I used to sneak into it with my childhood friend. It may be old, but I thought it was cool. It's one of the first machines I'd a contact with back on that rural town" Ayre praised as he went over the truck with a very interested look.

"Well, I wouldn't mind bringing you around the city. I think I'm free this Saturday. I don't know about any other day though. Do you want to go out on that day?" He answered as he patiently waited for Jeremiah to open the door and bring out the boxes from the passenger seat. When he received it, it felt a bit heavy on his hand. He consciously took the second box too, putting it on top of the first box so that Jeremiah would only need to bring the bedding. Although he trusted that Jeremiah might not be as weak as he seem, he, as the older one, should do at least that much to help his new roommate and underclassman. "Is that all?" He asked slowly, now with two boxes stacked in his hands. Despite that, he didn't seem to be struggling at all.

Last edited:
Jeremiah would nod quietly, a sense of pride in his voice would become noticable when he would say:

"Yep. I took this old boy and fixed it up. Some stuff still needs to be fixed." He'd admit with a light tap to it's side, and some rust would crumble off.

"But it's very reliable. Don't looks fool you." He'd smile a little then.

Jeremiah was surprised at Ayre took both boxes with stride. Seems this would only need to be on trip. With bedding under his arm, he hit the truck door closed with his hip, locking it with a press of a button.

"That's everythin." Jeremiah would answer, quick to follow the other back to the dorm.

Once there, Jeremiah carefully placed the bedding down onto the chair, tucking it close to the desk so nothing would fall onto the floor. He would begin to remove the default bedding of the dorm provided bed.

"Thank you again for helping me." He'd smile with content, looking back at the other with his arms full of white sheets.

"Alright then, let's go!" Ayre smiled as he took the lead and head back to the dorm room. He let the other open the door since his hands were full. Once they were inside, Ayre put down the boxes next to the bed.

Ayre watched Jeremiah changes the default bedding of his bed from the side. Then, when it was removed, Ayre slowly patted the mattress. Although it's not too visible, Ayre did see some dust poofed out when he patted it. He glanced at Jeremiah apologetically. "So sorry. I rarely clean this side of the room... If I remembered that you'd come, I would've cleaned it for you." He politely apologized again. Then, he remembered something and blurted out. "Wait here, I think I have something that could clean it asap."

Ayre walked to his bed, pulling some boxes hidden under it. Surprisingly, the boxes were filled with messy and odd-looking gadgets. It was not organized at all, making it look a bit out of place compared to his tidy and organized bed and desk. Ayre rummaged through the boxes for a while and found a small object two or three times bigger than a button. He fiddled with it for a while. A few seconds later, there was a beeping sound, and the slightly bigger 'button' came alive. Ayre smiled as he stood up and went back to Jeremiah's bed with the item. He the gadget down on the bed after clicking the very small button on top of it. The gadget shook for a few seconds. Then, it suddenly jumped up and hovered above the mattress. A loud suction sound could be heard. Like a vacuum, that small gadget sucks every dust around the area, storing it inside its small body. After that, it plopped back into the bed. The middle of the gadget looked a bit bloated.

Ayre picked up the gadget again, noting that the power was already off now. But he had achieved what he wanted with the gadget. With a somewhat proud expression, he explained. "This is one of the prototype gadgets I've made in the past. It's a mini vacuum, a one-time used gadget. As you can see, it could be used to clean up a small dusty area very quickly. It was meant to be a convenient little gadget that could help people clean things while they were going out. The material to make it is not renewable though. It's not suitable to be a one-time used gadget that would be thrown away after use. That's why it's just a prototype until now. My proposal to publish it and mass-produce it was not accepted." As he explained, his face showed a bit of a bitter expression. He looks at the small device in his hand with a bit of regret. This is one of his earliest prototype gadgets. He remembered feeling very excited as he submitted his proposal, hoping it would get accepted. Unfortunately, he was bound to be disappointed.

Then, Ayre seemed to realize he had unknowingly rambled to Jeremiah. "So-sorry. I got excited there. I tend to forget myself whenever there is a topic about gadgets and technology..." He embarrassedly admitted, hoping that Jeremiah wouldn't mind his rambles.

Jeremiah had watched in total awe as the small little device made his bed spick and span. He gave it a quick test— and upon smacking the mattress, not a mere speck could be seen floating in the air.

"That's very impressive!" Jeremiah would compliment in awe, but he couldn't help a shake of his head.

"But I guess this means you wasted your prototype on cleaning my mattress, huh? You sure have a whole pile of these funky things, eh?" He would pry as he began to make the bed, tucking the corners tight with ease.

"It's totally fine. It means you got a passion for it, right?" He spoke then with more of a smile.

Upon hearing the compliment, Ayre's smile widened. It had made his still haggard and tired face look bright and cheerful. Not even the dark circle under his eyes could wash away the radiant of his face. "Thank you." He spoke sincerely. It's been a while since anyone said anything good about his invention. Sure, it was unique and all. But, to the professors who had ample knowledge and had seen many more wonderful gadgets, these things he made would merely be toys to them. It's good. But it's not enough. That's all they ever say. Even so, hearing his gadgets got complimented by Jeremiah really made him feel better.

"It's fine. Although the materials to make it were not renewable, there are plenty of such materials that just ended up becoming junk outside. It's not rare or hard to find. I could make a similar device in less than five minutes. Besides, if I didn't use it to clean something, what else would I use it for? It's just going to be piled up with other things under my bed." Ayre laughed when he saw Jeremiah seem to think that he wasted his own invention by using it for cleaning his bed. "I do have a lot of other 'knick-knacks'. They're mostly things I made when I'm bored or stressed out. Half of them are just junk. Nothing amazing." Ayre continued as he put everything back into the boxes before slowly sliding them under the bed again.

Well, although he spoke the truth, it was clear that Ayre cherished these so-called knick-knacks given how he was unwilling to throw them away. They were all things he had created, after all. No matter how others said it was not good enough, Ayre still regarded them as something precious. His sweat, time, and effort, went to all these gadgets. They were proof of how far he had gone.

Ayre got up and shifted his attention back to Jeremiah again. "Being an engineer is my dream since childhood. Naturally, I would have a lot of passion for it. Well, it didn't go well most of the time and I've thought of giving up a couple of times. But, hey, I'm still here in the end." Ayre joked a little. Then, he changed the topic. "So, is there anything you're passionate about?"

"Really now? That's quite a dream, eh?" Jeremiah would smile as he fluffed up his pillows and placed them upon the bed.

Seems his dream as remained the same. After all these years...it makes sense, though. I don't know why else he would be attending a university such as this. Jeremiah thought to himself. But when he was hit with a question about his own passion...he was hesitant. Yes, he could easily get away with a few coincidences...but one too many could have Ayre putting two and two together...

But why was he so afraid of this? There was a very simple answer to this.

Rejection.

"Well, uh." Jeremiah would fumble over his words, scratching the back of his head. "Well... I am here for quite an intense degree. But my focus is more after that... I really want to have a family someday." He would admit shyly. "Goin' to space and all could be cool too— heh. But my kinda degree is more for makin' the programs for that kind of thing." He would admit quietly as he would contently sit upon the now freshly made bed.

"Assuming I finish it...I heard it's real tough. Has me kinda nervous."

"A family, huh?" Ayre hummed as he was lost in his own thoughts. "I've never thought of that before. My thoughts have always revolved around my dream." He mumbled. He had practically been all alone for years now. His parents divorced not long after they moved to the city. His father went abroad while his mother died out of illness a few years later. Since then, he had been so busy working part-time to support himself and studying hard to achieve his dream.

"But, who knows? Maybe you'll find a perfect lover here in the city and have a nice family?" Ayre teased before sitting on his bed, purposely messing his already messy hair. He noticed that it was around 10 am. Because he skipped dinner last night, he's starving now. So, he got up, wanting to use the bathroom to wash up. But then he turned back to Jeremiah and asked. "Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

"Ha...maybe I will." Jeremiah would shrug. Life could take him anywhere now. It was terribly exciting for him... finally being out of the nest and able to explore as he pleased. No more would his over-worrying parents pull him back from everything he tried to reach for.

"There's nothing wrong with pushing for your dreams. It takes more effort than anything to manage to get to them...they always feel so far away." He would admit with a sigh, perking up at the mention of breakfast.

"Oh— I got myself something before I hit the road. But, that was at nearly six. I was worried about finding this place on time, and thankfully just barely did." He would admit with a little chuckle. He didn't grab a lot, either. Just a coffee and a sugary pastry. He could do for something a lot heavier.

"I would like some more breakfast. If that's what you're asking." He then smiled a little. This could also help him figure out where the cafeteria was, assuming that's where they would be going.

"I haven't eaten anything since last night," Ayre admitted. "You could continue setting up your goods for now. I'll wash up as fast as I could. When I'm done, we could go to the cafeteria together."

Saying so, Ayre took his towel and went to the bathroom. He let the warm water from the shower hit his body, slowly sobering him up. He always enjoyed taking a shower as soon as he woke up. It helps him wash away some of the physical and mental exhaustion after the busy day and a long night of restless sleep. While doing so, he would go over his assignment progress from yesterday and thought about his plan for today. He went through his morning routine, taking around 10 to 15 minutes in the bathroom.

When he finished his shower, the bathroom was filled with steam. Ayre tied one towel around his waist, covering up his private part from view. With one hand covered with another towel reaching up to dry his dripping wet black hair, Ayre went out, steams coming out from the opened bathroom door. As soon as he saw Jeremiah again, he realized that he should probably wear his clothes inside the bathroom instead of going out with just a towel around his waist and a bare upper body. What if that made Jeremiah uncomfortable? That thought didn't cross his mind just now.

With a somewhat embarrassed expression, he scratch the back of his neck as he spoke. "Sorry. I forgot to bring the clothes into the bathroom. Guess I'm still not used to having a roommate around." He hoped that Jeremiah wouldn't mind too much. After all, they're both guys. But if Jeremiah really minded it, he would try to change his habit of walking out of the bathroom with barely anything on like this again.

"Alright! I'll see you in a bit!" Jeremiah would smile then, and once Ayre was in the bathroom— Jeremiah got to unpacking his clothing. He could worry about all his decor later, as he would prefer to put his items up when he had the room to himself.

Upon the other returning, he had just tucked away his final shirt, looking up without hesitation.

Jeremiah had assumed the other would've been dressed, of course. Seeing the other in only a mere towel had him quickly looking away with a warm face.

"It's all good! I did just get here." He'd cough awkwardly, daring to peek over for a moment before focusing back on the drawer in front of him.

When he saw Jeremiah's face burning up as he looked away, Ayre felt guiltier. He had been living in this dorm alone for quite a long time. He never had the need to get dressed inside the bathroom. But he really should've had more consideration towards his new roommate now. "I'm really sorry." Ayre guiltily apologized again before moving to the front of his closet.

He pulled out a simple black t-shirt and jeans. After hastily wiping his body dry, he quickly dressed up. Now that he was fully dressed, the lean muscles on his body were covered up, making him look a bit skinny due to his slender and slim build.

Ayre roughly wiped his dripping wet hair, making it look even messier than when he just got up. Even so, he looked much more energized after the shower. He strapped the bracelet that also serves as a kind of 'phone' with a holographic display onto his left hand. After putting on his shoes, he glanced at Jeremiah again. "Are you done?" He asked as he waited for the other.

"It's fine— we're both men, after all, right?" Jeremiah would assure, waiting awkwardly for the other to be fully dressed before nodding to their second question.

"Yep. I'm as ready as I'll ever be." He would nod, glancing at Ayre's wrist phone with gentle awe. He still had the average smartphone, though still a pretty advanced piece of tech— it was nowhere near as fancy.

Jeremiah was quick to follow the other with a slip on of his own shoes, keeping close as he relied on Ayre for navigation. Jeremiah was still awaiting the college map to be sent to his device...and it was a big college. Seeing the building from the outside alone told him that, and he only saw a small section of it. It made him hope most of his classes would be close to one another, and he wouldn't be running across campus to try and get to his classes on time.

"So." Jeremiah would continue as they walked. "Is the food good? I would hope so— considering the tuition." He joked, glancing around at finally seeing some other students, the ones that had to be up, anyway. It left him wondering...

In the years of his life, he had met and lost many people. Then, once he graduated, everyone had quickly set off from their small town. It made him wonder if he would see more of them at this prestigious school. Or maybe just out on the streets.

Faroe, Raven, Moura, and Kaito. He wondered for a moment where they could all be. Though, he had never been as close to any of them as he had with Ayre. They had a bond that was rare, and apart from him wondered if it would return. He was still the same person on the inside...right?

Ayre led Jeremiah out of the dormitory complex. He chuckled a little when he heard Jeremiah's comment about the food in the cafeteria. "Don't worry. Many rich and influential people sent their children to study here. If the food isn't good, the school would've been abolished by these people." Ayre joked back. Even so, what he had said was mostly true. Stellar Star University is a very prestigious university after all. They had a lot of 'sponsors'. Not to mention the food. If the dormitory is shabby, these 'sponsors' would've pressured the school.

As they head in the direction of the cafeteria, Ayre roughly explained the layout of the campus to Jeremiah. His hand pointed at different buildings they passed through while introducing their usages and which classes were usually held on which building. "My classes were mostly held on that building." A few blocks away from the dormitory, they passed through the building where Ayre got caught sneaking into last night. It left him feeling a bit awkward now. Rubbing the back of his head, he continued. "I think your classes should be held in the same building as mine. The outside might not look like much. But the inside is very big and spacious. It has two floors above ground and four floors below. There are labs and workshops adjacent to this building too. The cafeteria is just around the corner."

Along the way, Ayre met a few acquaintances and friends who called out to him. Ayre would politely greet them back. Although Ayre rarely participate in clubs or events held by fellow students, a lot of people still knew him. He's one of the most hardworking students. They could always see him busying about and rushing here and there. What's more, despite being busy, he would help his classmates or juniors whenever they needed him. That was the reason why many people knew him even if they didn't have a deep understanding of him. Those who are more familiar with him would stop him on his track and exchange a few more words. They would first notice the young man standing next to Ayre and asked about him. Ayre would politely introduce Jeremiah each time. These people were mostly senior students. Knowing that Jeremiah is Ayre's roommate, they joked that he was finally willing to take someone into his room now instead of only focusing on his study. Then, they would assure Jeremiah that they would help whenever he needed them.

"Sorry about that." After they were gone, Ayre spoke to Jeremiah again with a smile. "They're good people. I've been living alone in my dorm for a long time. They're surprised to know that I have a roommate. But they mean well. I'm sure they'll take good care of you if you meet them again later." Ayre reassured.

After being delayed a few times, they'd finally arrived at the cafeteria. It was very large with a huge variety of foods and drinks. From first glance, they could see that the cafeteria was divided into a few sections. One section was especially luxurious and high-end with private rooms and great decoration. The price in that section of the cafeteria was also expensive, specially made for those rich and influential students. Even so, the other sections of the cafeteria were not that bad at all. Ayre led Jeremiah to the section where the food was not too expensive. Then, he asked. "What do you want to it?"

Jeremiah kept silent for the most part. He would give his nods here and there at the other's words. He was incredibly grateful for the better explanation of the University set up (Jeremiah had never been great with maps) and he would give polite smiles and nods to the seniors of the college.

Upon finally entering the Cafeteria, Jeremiah would peer at the simple menu curiously. Ah…even with these prices. It had his wallet feeling weak. Once he found some sort of part-time gig, he decided it would be worth investing into something for the dorm. Nothing could beat a home-made meal in his eyes.

“Gosh… I’m not sure what to get.” He would admit quietly, a hand on his chin as he peered up. “What do you suggest?” He asked the other, gasping at a sudden had firm at his back.

“Hey!” A new voice bellowed out, which had Jeremiah turning in shock. Behind him was a man of about 5"6, smiling bright with raven black hair, and prominent Asian features. But his eyes…they were other wordly. Pink in colour with pupils which moved like a camera. Whoever this student was…. They had an android upgrade.

“Oh! Shio— I didn't think I'd see you here.” Jeremiah would gasp, quickly noticing his eyes. “Woah.”

“Hm? This?” Shio would then gesture to his face with a toothy grin. “Isn't it cool? I'll never need glasses again.” He would ramble excitedly, and then he would finally acknowledge Ayre, giving a respectful nod. He didn't even realize Jeremiah was already speaking to another when he approached. “Ah. My apologizes. I got a little too excited.” Shio would explain in a quieter tone before glancing again to the blonde. “You're the last man I thought I would see here, Jeremiah.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back