• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom {CLOSED} Camp Half-Blood: The Titan's Son

Jin glared at Mara as she continued her monologue. A unique display of self control. Her eyes were cold, bordering on cruel, a trait she seemed to inherent from her maternal lineage. Her mother flashed those same, icy-furious eyes to her when Jin was all but banished from their Taipei home. And she can easily recall the frigid sneer from her grandmother's lips when Jin had first mentioned her stepfather.

"He is no father of yours, 外孙子," she said smoothly. She looked like a matriarch from eras past, sitting proper in a golden throne, not a plush prayer-mat in the Guanyin temple. Her hair was sleek and black, peppered with strands of silver, the few evidences of her aging. "Do not forget; you were born of a blessing; I prayed years for your mother's belly to round, and finally the golden Buddha descended, and he touched your mother's forehead in blessing, and only from such a force could she bear such a fruit…"

You would think that her grandmother's voice would soften as she spoke of a wondrous thing like fertility and birth. It didn't. Her voice was thin steel, wire that could be wrapped around the tail of a plane and bar it from flight.

"You would do well to appreciate your heritage, child," her grandmother smiled. "You have no idea what lengths I went to give you shape, form, life."

Jin had long thought she was just some kind of a nut. She retreated from her grandmother's cold embrace and called her father, whose kind voice restored some warmth to Jin's chest. How she wished she could be with him now…

"You are going on this quest, Jin," the girl began. And Jin laughed, a mockery of the girl's fiery conviction.

"Now I'm going on this quest? Wasn't it you, moments ago, who proudly offered to go alone?" Jin spat bitterly, turning her head again.

"When the King of the Gods orders you to do something, you drop your shit and fucking do it before he decides to roast your ass with a lightning bolt."

Quiet rage burst through the seams of her carefully guarded temper. "Don't you understand? He has no power. He has no lightning bolt, you idiot, that's what he wants to send us on an errand to go find, because this king, this dishonorable king, he cannot even lay waste to a dead boy without that stupid bolt! If he is so strong, why doesn't he just go recover what he's lost? He has nothing! And he's not my fucking father! I have a father-- a real father-- and he's waiting for me in Taipei. So stop following me around and leave me alone."

And Jin stormed into the Hermes cabin, drawing nervous looks from its inhabitants. She violently rifled through the things next to her bunk before she found her bag and stuck all her clothes in it. The sword lay under the bed, next to Great Expectations in her knapsack. She pulled it out, still missing a sheathe, and snatched up the knapsack after a second thought, too.

"This is the only place we can be safe, and we are -trying- to have a good time about it."

Mara's words echoed in her ears. Jin needed to think. She needed a night alone, away from these terrified children, though she could have easily been one herself.

She made her way through the back door of the large cabin and over to the Zeus cabin, which looked more like a temple. And she paused. Luthius was gone. This building was her birthright, as much as she hated it.

She pushed the door open, stepping gingerly inside. He'd left his marks behind. That hideous helmet, that ugly flail. Impulsively, Jin raced over to it and punted it as hard as she could. It didn't quite sail across the room, but it did hit the wall with a satisfying thunk, and something vengeant seared happily in her throat despite the pain in her toes.

She walked with a slight limp to an empty bedroom, desolate save for a sleeping bag on the floor. And she dropped her belongings next to it, before she crawled inside, somewhat pitifully. She curled up like a tired dog, under the cover. She would need to think.

A lilting memory came to her, perhaps teased and kneaded by time. A bearded man with broad shoulders and electric eyes, approaching her at the park. Jin could not have been older than four. He reached his hand out to her and she gripped it and it was warm, almost crackling, and there was something right, and Jin laughed as she freely did only when she was young…

"You're not my father, sir, my father is at home making lunch!"

And the man's hand fell away and Jin had never seen someone look so sad. She might have apologized for causing that look on his face, though she wasn't really sure how she did it, but her mother called out for her.

"Jin!"

And the man was gone, and Jin was being wrapped up in her mother's slender arms, and she was worried, so worried, "Jin, who were you speaking to? Was someone with you? What did he look like? You were talking to someone, weren't you?"

And the dazed four-year-old whispered, "Mama, where's my father?"

And her mother's beautiful face hardened, and she said, "He's home, Jin. Your real father is home, cooking for us. He loves you very much, Jin. That's your father. Don't you listen to what anyone else tells you, 宝宝."

But then Jin was twelve and her lunatic grandmother raved about Buddha and his golden blessing. She told Jin she was special, and she was so fervent that Jin began to notice when the lights in her room flickered when Jin got angry. And there was Bei Fong, who taught her to control her qi, who told her that her tingling fingertips were merely a side effect of her powerful energy. And then Jin was fifteen, running to a dead boy and meeting the King of Gods and sleeping in his temple, wrapped up beneath an old sleeping bag on a hard marble floor, chased by self-righteous teenagers who were probably more right than they were annoying, though just slightly. Jin sniffed, wet heat pricking her eyes. She needed a few hours of sleep, and then she would have to figure it out from there.

SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

Last edited:
"Come here Nikandos! You've had enough time to play today. It's time to return home," The voice was calm, caring, worried. A boy no older than 5 ran towards that voice, embracing her as much as he could.

"Yes mother," The boy cooed as he kept his head buried in his mother's embrace. The woman scooped the boy up in her arms, her beautiful smile growing as she carried like the child he was. She did well to hide her growing worry for the baby she had tried desperately to raise safe from harm. It was inevitable, she supposed. It was inevitable for him to come to his end, his scent was too strong. But this woman knew exactly how to keep her son safe.

"My little spartan, what do we do when we see a hellhound?" She would ask as the little boy nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck.

"Mama why is your hair black and mine is yellow?" The boy asked, completely ignoring his mother's request. She merely chuckled.

"You are ideal Nikandros, the perfect son, soon to be the perfect man. It's what your father envisioned, but sadly he is trapped, so you can't ask him yourself," She pulled away to meet the grey eyes of her child, so much like his father. But the baby surely had her nose. "Now answer."

"When you see a hellhound, you call for mama. But, one day I won't need to do that mama. One day I'm gonna be stronger than Papa!", the child remarked, confident about his choice of words. She gave her son a very blank look.

"First you'll need to ripping your chiton young one," She laughed afterwards, she had a beautiful laugh.

The boy simply pouted and squirmed about, making the woman put him down. He looked up at her, obviously angered by the teasing. His mother simply gave a playful look to even try to oppose her. Her skin was pale, but beautifully clear. As if she were carved from marble. Her features were sharp, her eyes piercing, yet caring. She rivaled Aphrodite, but this mortal woman remained humble.

"I do not rip my chiton all the time!", His arms crossed in a hissy fit, his mother simply scooping him up once more, holding him under one arm.

"I will believe it when I see it Nikandros," She simply smiled as the boy soon slithered his way out of her grasp. He smiled as he held his mother's firm hand.

"Mama, who is my father?", the boy would ask as they continued to walk.

"Prometheus, my dear, Patron of Man," She soon stopped and kneeled before her son, "and your name, Nikandros, means 'Victory of Man'. Because one day you will be our champion... our savior."

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter xenforo_design xenforo_design SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV SynKast SynKast Hyydra Hyydra

Mara gave a slight, crooked smile. In part because of the cold, withering glare Jin was giving, and in part because the horrible scarring of her face naturally bent her lips into an odd sneer. She shuffled her feet slightly, although keeping the girl's gaze.

As Jin began to speak, Mara simply shrugged her shoulders. "Well, I did offer that I guess, and I did mean it, but I know full well I'd die if I went alone," she admitted, looking to the ground for a few moments. She didn't know what to say now. Her words on going alone had been more a bluff than anything, she hadn't expected to have to do anything alone. She just wasn't ready for it, to put it simply. Although she didn't doubt much that she'd go alone anyways, simply because that was what she had to do. She hadn't always thought this way, been this obsessive with proving herself. But she believed that it was simply her responsibility. What Wendy would have wanted her to do.

But now... now she didn't know what Wendy would have done. The girl always had a plan, always knew what to do, how to bring people together. Mara just didn't have that talent.

As Jin began to speak ill of Zeus, Mara looked up, half expecting lightning to come down and fry the shit out of them both. She chuckled, awkwardly, as Jin continued to speak in her outraged tone. A lot of her questions were good ones, but ones still that Mara simply wasn't smart enough to answer. So instead, she stood in silence, staring at the girl, until she hissed that she didn't want Mara following her, and stormed inside. By this point, Mara was happy to admit defeat. The girl was either brave beyond compare or borderline fucking braindead to speak of the King of the Gods in such a way, and she didn't feel comfortable even having that conversation. "Go see the Oracle if you feel like coming along," she called out, her last effort, before she turned away, arms crossed, mace hanging from her side, weighing her down and nearly making her tilt to the side as she walked. She plopped herself down near rhe beach, lying down in the grass as she crossed her arms behind her head. She looked up at the stars, letting out low, even breaths. "Right," she sighed, quiet for a few moments after, occupied within her thoughts on what to say. "I'm sorry Wendy," she grumbled, frowning. "But I don't think I can pull this off. Don't think I can pull anything off on my own. Especially not everything you would have wanted me to." Her confessions were quiet, even though she didn't expect anyone to be listening in on her words. "I can't be the both of us for you."

She sat up, drawing her knees up against herself as she wrapped her arms around her legs, embracing herself as she shivered, squeezing her eyes shut. "I can't do this."

Chiron didn't respond. Fawn's heart broke. She was just a ghost. Just a second thought. Nothing. Fawn was nothing. Nothing to Chiron, nothing to the camp, nothing. Fawn closed her eyes and turned away. She wouldn't cry. She wouldn't let herself cry. She felt like she was nothing.

When Fawn opened her eyes, she saw the one person that cared. Her sister. Sibéal. Fawn ran to her and hugged her tightly, burying her face in Sibéal's shoulder. "Oh Sibbi, please tell me you're not leaving." Fawn pleaded. She needed someone, anyone to stay with her. To acknowledge that she existed. That she mattered.

SynKast SynKast (sorry, Grey never replied as Chiron so I didn't have a lot to go off of)

Sibéal smiled at finding Fawn, yet frowned as she ran to her on the verge of crying. Hugging her close, she'd hold her sister in a warm embrace as she spoke, "I haven't much a choice dear Fawn. But I am going to ask Chiron to let you come with us..." gently kissing the girl's cheek she'd continue to hold Fawn before singing a soft, Irish Celtic song with nothing more than a hum.

(Sorry for the short post, I haven't anything to go off.)

Fawn let the song comfort her and calm her. Sibéal used to sing this to her often in the foster home, back when Fawn would get bullied but she'd laugh it off, only to cry about it later. Fawn realized very little had changed since then. Sibéal still had to calm her down after being ignored.

Sibéal was going on the quest. She was going to abandon Fawn here at a camp where she was ignored. "Oh Sibéal, what am I supposed to do without you? My father spoke to me again and Chiron ignored me when I told him. It feels like you're the only one who knows I exist." Fawn pulled away slightly to look Sibéal in the eye. "Do you ever feel like you could just disappear and no one would ever know? Because that's what I feel like right now."

SynKast SynKast

Sibéal smiled looking down to Fawn. She couldn't help but feel her heart flutter when her eyes came in contact with the girl who'd be labeled her sister. To an inspecting eye, it was obvious the Sibéal, in fact, suppressed her feelings for her 'sister,' yet never acted on them.

Running her fingers softly through Fawn's hair, she smiled softly. "We have always been a sort of outcast, sis. But we are home... And we have to make the best of it... I know you are not fond of people, and neither am I. But we have to make this work, together. And if I have to go on some small quest to assure that our new home is a place that I know you are safe, I'll accept it any day. No matter the cost..." leaning forward, she gave Fawn and Eskimo kiss, rubbing their noses together.

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Everything was foggy, there was something going on, something horrible. A little boy ran through the streets of Aethiopea as waves crashed against the seawalls. The sight before them, a hideous, large, and monstrous serpent. Until now, nobody had seen what the mighty Cetus had looked like. Now, the beast's ugly mug was presented for everyone to see. There was a scream, a distinct one from the jeers of the crowd. It was feminine, and filled with fear. The young boy knew exactly where it was coming from.

"Please! Help me!", the voice of the city's princess would scream from the rocks that just lie before the city. Chains were wrapped around the large mound of earth that had protrude from the sea.

The sea serpent raised it's head in preparation to devour the princess that had been condemned to such a horrible fate. But right when all seemed lost, a figure descended from the sky. He wore an elegant chiton, carried a Harpe as well as a polished shield. Upon his feet were sandals that possessed wings, and atop his head, he wore a helm not from this world. He descended gracefully atop the boulder, raising what looked like a head.

"Begone foul beast!", the warrior would yell as Cetus would start to slowly turn to stone.

Who was this mysterious hero? Where did he acquire such a power? There were a million questions swimming the young boy's mind. He had no time to find an answer as a familiar hand pulled at his arm. "Nikandros!

Years would pass from that day, the boy–who at the time was only eight years old– was now thirteen. Thirteen and in training. Those years ago when he had promised when his mother to become stronger than his father, he was finally making true on that oath.

"Good job Nikandros, keep it up!", The preteen would hear as he focused on bringing the figure before to their knees.

"Yessir," was the boy's only reply to his instructor. The two were in a battle of blades, it amazed the instructor how quick his student had picked up sword fighting. A few more years and this mere boy would be better than himself.

The two of them went on for hours, it was an amazing sight to anyone who had the pleasure to watch. The fun soon came to an end when a satyr interrupted their sparring session. "Sir, they are looking for the boy. We need to move him now."

The instructor turned his head to his ward, the boy was obviously worried about someone other than him, "What about my mother? Where is she?"

"She was killed for protecting you," The satyr said solemnly as the boy grew noticeable angry, sad, and broken.

"There is no time to waste Nikandros, we all knew this day would come... It's been an honor to teach you, but we both know what comes next," The instructor said to Nikandros.

"I understand. What do we do first?", the boy asked the instructor.

"We go to the Lair of the Lotus Eaters." The man had muttered, obviously growing distasteful already.

"Promise me that this will end one day?", the boy asked, he looked away before his grey eyes were brought back to the figure before him. "Can you promise me that Chiron?"

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter SynKast SynKast xenforo_design xenforo_design SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Hyydra Hyydra

Fawn smiled at the eskimo kiss. It was a comfort Fawn greatly enjoyed. It felt loving but familial at the same time. Fawn blinked back tears. Sibbi meant so much to her. The two of them were both foster children before running away to camp. They actually met in a foster home. It was then that Fawn realized she wasn't alone in her constant run-ins with monsters.

"Sib, you need to promise me one thing." Fawn squeezed Sibéal's hand tightly. "Promise me you'll come back okay. That you won't get hurt. That you'll save this camp and be the hero I always believed you could be."

SynKast SynKast

Sibéal smiled and hugged her sister close, "I am going to return Fawn. I could never leave you alone..." another Eskimo kiss and a squeeze of her 'sister' hands were enough to bring a soft smile to her face, "And I will search for your father and keep you updated." gently, she parted her body from Fawn's and with her soft smile still lingering with her emerald green eyes piercing the forest green eyes of her 'sister.' she meant the world to her, and Sibéal loved Fawn, in more ways than Fawn could even imagine. And, though, with her fate currently unknown; she leaned forward and softly pecked her 'sister's' cheek "Come with me, I have to get ready." ^-^

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Fawn smiled at Sibbi's affectionate actions. Fawn would never think more of it than sisterly love, probably because of the fact that the label of sister still applied to her and Sibbi. Without the label, Fawn would understand. She wasn't the kind of person to think more of things that she's told to. Sibbi mentioned that she would search for Fawn's father and Fawn's smile fell. "My father spoke to me, Sibbi." Fawn whispered as Sibbi pulled away. "He said I should come find him. I... I don't know what I'm going to do." Sibbi then said that Fawn should come with her to get ready and Fawn nodded. The daughter of Pan had momentarily forgotten that she had packed all of her things to leave camp the moment that she heard her father. Any thought of that escape had left Fawn's mind.

"You shouldn't take everything with you. Just the necessities. I would suggest both nectar and ambrosia, some real food, drachmas, human money, some spare clothes, and medical materials. With my spare knowledge of Mara and Jin, you will most likely be the caretaker of the group." Fawn rambled. She was going to bury her emotions and her fears in planning for Sibbi's quest. "You're also going to need something to entertain yourself on long train rides and the like. I'd suggest a book. Is there anything you need me to take care of here while you're gone?"

SynKast SynKast

Sibéal smiled, as Fawn started naming off things she thought that Sibéal would need. Though each thing Fawn had named off, she packed, along with a spare cornucopia- because the Demeter cabin had plenty of those laying about. Nevertheless, it was soon that her leather backpack was filled with the essentials. Now, she could relax until she was summoned to leave.

Taking her bag, Sibéal placed it on her bed and smiled as she sat on her bed looking to Fawn. "Since I made a promise, I want you to make one too..." she smiled softly, "I want you to promise me that you'll try to make another friend while I'm gone... Even if it's just one."

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Fawn frowned at Sibéal's request. A friend? Another friend? No, she couldn't possibly. No one else at camp believed her but Sibéal. Everyone thinks she's lying about who her father is. That she's crazy. Fawn shook her head. "No, I can't promise that." Fawn whispered.

"Sibbi, I can't talk to the people here. They're so mean, and crude, and..." Fawn's eyes teared up and Fawn looked away. "and they think I'm a liar..." Fawn wiped her tears sneakily. "They hate me. Even Chiron hates me. He doesn't even speak to me. If the leader of camp doesn't like me, no one will in this whole camp. No one but you."

SynKast SynKast

Sibéal looked at Fawn, "Listen to yourself Fawn, everyone doesn't hate you... But you have to understand something... Your father has long since been assumed dead, even by Zeus himself. So you can't blame them for their skepticism." she laid on her bed and patted the space on the mattress beside her, "And not everyone is mean and hateful. I'd personally stay away from that daughter of Zeus... She seems a bit, uptight?" she giggled, "But not everyone is her."

"But he's not dead! If he were dead, how am I here?" Fawn cried. She turned away from Sibbi and wiped away her tears as they fell. She again felt alone and unwanted. Fawn walked to the door and lightly touched the door knob. Some part of Fawn knew she had to leave camp. She had to follow her father's wishes. She had to get away from the people who denied her father and despised her. If Sibbi were leaving, Fawn would too.

"Send me an Iris message when you can and come home safe. I love you, sis." Fawn whispered before leaving the cabin. She hugged herself tightly as she walked to the Hermes cabin. The kids in there were howling and loud and bouncing off of the walls. Fawn just wanted to go to sleep. She slowly got to her bed and climbed in. "Good night, father," Fawn whispered, "I'll find you soon, I promise."

SynKast SynKast

Seeing Fawn go off, she huffed softly and flopped on her stomach, curling up to a pillow. She was about to ask if Fawn wanted to stay the night in her Cabin, though, just as she was about to Fawn was leaving. "Fawn, I believe you... I've always believed you..."

In time, dawn would stretch along the rim of sky, slowly transforming the night into a paper blue dome. The sun would rise, peeking out over the edge of the world. It was still dark yet, so Jin slept. The light would have a few more minutes to crawl before it could break into her room.

Golden fingers reached out to Jin, touching her temples. Guanyin stood before her, eyes soft and wise, like sweet amber, aged in centuries-old trees. The Bodhisattva radiated with some heavenly light. Jin almost couldn't look at her directly. She watched only Guanyin's feet. Where are you supposed to look when the being you've prayed to all your life, whose scriptures you tried so hard to study from and live by, whose name in itself is a blessing, is right there in front of you? What are you supposed to do when she stands before you, even if it is only a dream?

"You are young yet, Xiao Jiang," Guanyin murmured. "Your life is to seek joy and purpose. You have yet to know pain, to see suffering…"

I watched a boy broken by his fall. I watched another throw him to that fate. I watched an almighty god mock that child in his death.

"You have yet to see suffering," Guanyin repeated, meaningfully. She pulled the lotus blossom from behind her ear and held it out to Jin, seemingly in offering. Jin stared at the hand, the smooth alabaster fingers, glowing with golden rays. The lotus in her hand, translucent and mystical. And Jin didn't move.

“Shifu," Jin began, voice quavering, "I cannot accept a gift of which I am undeserving--”

"Don't run away from your purpose, Jin Xiao Jiang," Guanyin said simply, and pushed the lotus deep into Jin’s chest.

Jin screamed.

The sleeping bag was damp when she came to, her skin covered in a thin sheen of sweat. The blankets were twisted around her feet. Breathing heavily, Jin sat up and wriggled her legs free. Light was creeping into the room. A slow, quiet, weak light, a light from a shy morning sun. Jin stood out of her sleeping bag and made quick work to change her clothes into something that wasn't drenched in sweat.

Her chest hurt where the lotus had pressed. Jin considered the morbid thoughts of hosting that glowing blossom in her ribs. It sent a wave a nausea rolling through her toes, upward, but she didn't throw up.

Then Jin sat, curling her knees to her chest, resting atop the sleeping bag. She closed her eyes. She would have to go speak to the Oracle and make some sense out of what she was meant to do. Maybe she could make some sense out of that dream, too.

Tiredly, Jin stood again. Wrapping her jacket tightly around her, she stepped out into the morning, still chilled, the grass still dew-dressed. She hurried to the building and surprisingly had no trouble getting to the rumored creature in the attic.

Things were a little bit more difficult when she got there. There was no Seer in the attic; there was dust, the stench of passing time, and a rotting corpse. As soon as she saw it, Jin turned tail and ran back down and outside, dry heaving onto the ground. She wasn't prepared for that, for any of this. But there was hardly enough food in her stomach for her to even throw up, so she coughed saliva and acid onto the ground. It wasn't much, thankfully, but the bitter taste of bile stained the back of her throat. Shakily, she wondered if she should run away now.

She found herself back in the attic, slowly approaching the gray, stinking body. This fucking corpse was the Oracle. A whole camp of people, a whole civilization of Gods, at the mercy of whatever words slip out of some dead woman's husk. Hysteria rang in Jin's ears. Her blood thrummed. She couldn't step too close to the body.

"I'm here for my prophecy," Jin croaked, voice cracking.

And then it fucking moved. A muffled shriek escaped Jin as she stumbled back and landed unceremoniously on the wooden floor. As if some undead demon, the body slowly straightened, neck stiffening until the head was raised, empty eye sockets turning to Jin, who was frozen in fear. It had no lips anymore, just gaunt skin barely stretched over cheekbones and rotting teeth. Jin was ready to book it. But then the thing spoke.

You shall head west to face the two who yearn
To recover what was lost and see it safely returned
You will be saved by the boy accused of their raid
And betrayed by the girl the smith had made

And it fell silent again, and Jin left as if in a daze. Perhaps she was, somewhat. The sky was still mostly dark blue; morning had not claimed it yet. It must have been still four or five in the AM. Jin returned to the cabin, exhausted, maybe a little bit scared.

Head west. Two who yearn to return the… bolt, it must be. Saved by accused boy. Betrayed by smith girl.

Jin crawled back into the sleeping bag, kicking her feet slightly so that the fabric would straighten. Her chest still ached where there might have been a lotus hiding. Her bags and sword sat patiently to her right.

West. Two. Retrieve what was stolen. Boy. Betrayal.

Jin closed her eyes, falling back asleep with the taste of acid at the edge of her tongue and a corpse dancing in the back of her mind.

You shall head west…

Fawn's eyes opened to see an unfamiliar scene.Yellowed moss was tucked into a crack in a stone cave's wall. A daisy stood wilted next to a blueish rock. Small patches of dead grass littered the ground. Fawn knew she was getting close, but she also knew why all the plants were dying. Pan was fading. The plants down here didn’t have much time left. Pan didn’t have much time left. Fawn nearly started crying, but she choked it back. She didn't know why she bothered to choke it back. Fawn slowly, hesitantly, headed deeper into the cave.

The patches of flora became larger and less dispersed the farther Fawn got into the cave. There was a feeling of warmth in the pit of Fawn’s stomach. Her steps became lighter and quicker, until she was practically skipping through the cave. Her heart too became light and quick with excitement. Some deep part of Fawn knew that she was about to meet her father. Fawn never had a family. Her mother died shortly after her birth. She was tossed from foster home to foster home after a series of unfortunate run-ins with monsters of various kinds. This was her last chance at family. She was going to finally have a family!

And then there was fire. Fawn felt herself get tossed back into the cave wall. Her head hit the stone. Tears. Fire. Heat. Fawn scrambled back. There were hot tears on her face. She wanted to scream at the top of her lungs, to sob, to beg for help. She wanted to escape. There was no escape. There was only fire, and death, and fear. Fawn finally let loose a scream.

Fawn woke with a start. There was sweat dripping down her face. Tears, too. She looked around the cabin. Everyone was asleep still. It must have been very early. Too early for any child to be awake. Fawn slowly got out of bed. Her whole body was trembling in the aftershock of her nightmare. She wondered why her dream had happened. What it meant. If that dream was sent from Pan. The small girl grabbed a drachma from off of the door and made her way outside.

Fawn didn't know where she was going until she got there. She sat down on the beach of the canoe lake, watching the soft lapping of the water against the sand. Her heart still raced from her nightmare. Fawn looked into the water at her reflection. She hated the way she looked. She despised her deep green eyes and her pale skin and her dark brown hair. She didn't look like her father. She wished she had been born a satyr, like him, so no one would deny her. But she would never be a satyr. She was a demigoddess. That was good enough for her.

There were foot steps behind her. Fawn looked behind her. Jin. Fawn smiled softly and opened her mouth to say hello. But Jin looked preoccupied and Fawn's words died in her throat. Fawn watched Jin, watched Zeus' daughter enter the Big House, and said nothing. Fawn stood. She slowly made her way towards the forest. She always felt better in the forest.

OPEN

"Tell me, are Eris and Enyo ready?" A disembodied voice would speak out inside of Krios throne room, this voice was noticeable darker. It carried a resonance that was unparalleled. It was a voice that quickly brought Krios to his feet.

"Yes sir, they are awaiting the god-lings arrival," Krios paled in the presence of his older brother's voice, the rightful king of all.

"Good. Now fetch our brothers. And make sure that the girl does her job," The dark voice spoke. Krios simply responded a meek yes and set out to do what he was told.

~X~
The day came, Apollo was high in his sky with his chariot, however, the campers were quiet with mourning. Or maybe it was fear. Maybe it was both. Nonetheless, that morning was silent. There was no banter, there was no excitement. The unclaimed daughter of Zeus was forced to partake on a quest to find the stolen master bolt, but what Zeus hadn't said was that Poseidon's trident was taken too. It wasn't uncommon for the King of Gods to be selfish, but no one really knew what that poor girl was getting into.

While no one really knew what that symbol that appeared above the fallen boy's head, rumors began to circulate the camp. Rumors that he was the son of a titan, and that alone sparked terror for anyone who knew the great prophecy that has plagued demigods everywhere. Once the son of the titan's name is made public... It certainly didn't make anybody chipper about this horrid news

Meanwhile in Central Park, that boy they was dead was lying on a park bench, sleeping off the unbearable pain that scorched his body. They knew nothing of this of course, not even the gods knew, this was between something greater than the Olympians.

"So do you think that that golden guy is a titan? Or a god?" One camper would ask another. The question would only be answered by yet another question, as were most of the murmurs that hummed atop the grounds.

Chiron was very solemnly thinking alone in the forest, it was at this moment that he noticed a certain young flowery scent was missing. A scent that reeked of the wild if Chiron ever knew it. Things were coming into a rather terrible web of problems.

Sadly, he couldn't leave to go find her, and no satyr would offer their assistance out of pure scrutiny, the three sent to attend the quest would be of no help either. They were on a deadline, facing the fronts of two wars.

"It's sad isn't it Chiron?", A very recognizable voice said from behind the satyr.

"It is Dionysus," Chiron was skeptical of what the Drunken God had said, it was obvious on his face. However, the young god simply sighed and strutted forward.

"I do hope that your precious campers can recover those weapons. Those two are definitely a headache to listen too," Thunder boomed as Dionysus spoke, the earth shook slightly too.

"I have faith in them, you should too," Chiron replied back to what seemed like the biggest child inside of the camp. Dionysus rolled his eyes in reply and walked further into the forest, eventually flashing away.

The centaur watched as the god did so, and as soon as the drunk flashed away. Chiron sighed and trotted back to arena where the Campers would be gathering, the three participating in the quest should have been gone
* long ago.

All of the campers inside of the arena waited for the arrival of their instructor, there was a small hum of worry but it was soon relieved when Chiron arrived. The campers stared at the older centaur, he offered them a kind smile as he had lit the campfire. "Children, worry not. Mara, Síbeal, and Jin will recover the Master Bolt, and the Trident. As for yesterday's game, I know it is hard to grasp what you had witnessed, but it is best that we pray he makes it into Elysium. And move on."

Chiron knew it sounded harsh, but it was true. These teens would get no where being scared like this. Their lives were dangerous and they needed to be prepared for these situations, as vile as it is to think of it like this. Much like all the camp could do now, sit and wait.

(
*Xenforo, Sir Derp, and Synkast, begin your quest immediately)

xenforo_design xenforo_design Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter Hyydra Hyydra SynKast SynKast SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

Fawn sat in the back of the Grey Sisters cab, her head resting against the window as the outside turned to a blur. Her eyes were unfocused and tired. She had woken too early in the morning. Before she even said goodbye to Sibéal, Fawn had called the cab and climbed in. About twenty minutes later, Fawn was in New York City. She asked to get out and the the Grey Sisters allowed her out. She paid them what she owed and then walked through the city.

She despised cities. It was so sad to see Earth's resources exploited in such an auspicious and gaudy manner. As if the humans were proud of their decimation of the world. Fawn crossed her arms over her chest and walked towards Central Park. She needed some reminder that there was still nature in this world of metal and glass.

The young girl finally saw the first glimpse of green and gave the slightest smile. That color was her comfort. She practically sprinted to the grass. Her heart was racing a mile a minute. The moment her foot touched the grass, Fawn's worries disappeared. The feeling of grass surrounding her never failed to cheer her up a little bit. Fawn slowly walked through the park, looking around happily. It was so serene, so natural... Fawn sat down in the grass after a while of walking and ran her hand over the blades of grass. It felt warm and familiar. Fawn wondered if her father would speak to her again. But after about an hour of sitting in the East Meadow, no voice came to her. Fawn sighed. She stood and walked towards the nearest lake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back