• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom {CLOSED} Camp Half-Blood: The Titan's Son

Nik was watching something else. Jin was slightly annoyed that he wasn't paying attention to her. Quite frankly, she had a rather large ego. But whatever offense she took was largely squashed by her unease placed elsewhere; uncomfortable in this setting, she took her red bean bun and excused herself from the table.

"Getting prepared seems like the smart idea here," Nik said. And he was right, surely. I wouldn't have to get ready if you didn't decide to throw me into this, Jin thought exasperatedly as she exited the mess hall. She had to get to her things. There was an hour before this game-- a game which she did not know the rules of, despite that killing and maiming was discouraged but not prohibited-- which should be plenty of time. Grumbling to herself, she made her way to the Hermes cabin.

There were two campers in there, frantically racing about, as if searching for something. Jin stepped in quietly, spared only a quick, dirty glance, as if perhaps she had taken what they were looking for. As if I would want anything of yours, she snorted to herself. Unaffected, she walked over to her bed, pulled out her annotated, dog-eared copy of Great Expectations, and began reading. Pip was still trying to charm Estella, it seemed. Poor boy. Jin shook her head.

One of the girls stared, gawking, at Jin as she read her book.

"You're not gonna get ready?"

Jin looked up at her, a tinge incredulous. "No," Jin said. "I have no reason to."

The girl continued gawking. "No reason to? Look, I don't really know who you are, and I'm guessing you haven't been claimed yet, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't care. You could win! And even if you don't, putting in the effort could help you get claimed. Not trying at all, on the other hand... you could get hurt." As she finished her ramble, Jin's attention was already back on her book.

"Are you even listening?!" the girl shrieked. Defeated, and probably deciding that there were more important matters to attend to, the camper huffed an angry sigh and stormed out of the house, likely in the direction of the armory. Jin peeked up over the edge of her book, watching as chaos seemed to unfold outside of the cabin, with campers rushing back and forth in an eager, anxious frenzy.

You are a natural leader, Bei Fong had said. Her satyr, her mentor. When there is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your skills, you should do it. This place is meant for children like you to thrive. You will never get another chance like this.

Jin scowled. Bei Fong was both wise and noble, and perhaps Jin was neither. But that self-awareness didn't make her any more interested in putting herself in the line of danger. It simply didn't make sense.

Though, not taking advantage of the resources available to her also didn't make much sense. If there was to be a battle, one that she could not avoid, then she should probably be armed. But with what? Jin set her book down, folding the corner inward. She'd practiced archery in secondary school, and her aim was good, but she was no marksman. And she knew basic martial arts melee, but she didn't look forward to close-range combat with anyone wielding a sword or shield, which seemed like it was rather common here. Perhaps a bow and arrow were her only choice. Jin bit her lip. She put her book underneath her bed, grabbing a small knapsack to sling over her shoulder. If she was going to get her hands on anything, she'd have to get to the armory quickly, before the entire camp had laid claim to their spoils, and nothing was left for her. Hurriedly, she tied on her running shoes and left the cabin.

She passed the rest of the cabins on the way, slowing, almost unintentionally, as she neared the one that supposedly belonged to Zeus.

That is where you belong, her satyr had pointed out to her, You will sleep in Zeus's domain. Jin scoffed. It had its appeal, being the largest and most ornate, but it was lavishly decorated with thunderbolts and his symbols. Thunderbolts which didn't seem to want to leave her alone, she recalled, thinking of the angry sparks that were prone to racing across her skin.

Then someone-- a boy-- was walking toward her. No, not toward her, but the cabin, which she stood several feet away from. He walked with a swagger in his step, unfearing, almost as if daring something or someone to challenge him. And he seemed like he was going to walk into the cabin.

Another child of Zeus?

Hyydra Hyydra

With every step nearing her a building up scoff grew, like the tension an archer suffered before releasing his arrow. However, as she looked at him with curiousness, and as she was near the Zeus cabin, he paused for a moment, staring to her gently with frowned eyes of dumbfounded. His left eyebrow raised as he gave a quick, "psshh." And marched straight into the cabin, his right, stocky arm posted out like a joust, failing to stop his body and evermore succeeding to chuck the marbled door into opening.

Upon entrance, once could say glory was an understatement. Its decor was little to nothing, a couch here and a stone seat there. There were four bedrooms, two upon either side when first walking through the door. The back right was Luthius'. But that did not stop him from positioning a mighty statue of Hercules in the center of the main hall. As he walked by, he lifted from his pouch another small coin, placing it around the imitation of his father's feet. Looking over to Zeus, he had little guilt for not bringing him anything, for he understood enough that taking care of this cabin was his tithe to him.

However, a tithe that he would soon spend not on.

Pausing for a moment, he turned back around, a feeling that- yes! That girl was still there! Now a bit aggravated, he growled to himself a low, chest bubbly growl. Marching back to the entrance had he leaned forward, his arm span catching either side of the doorway as he let his head throw to stare to the ground. A tongue stuck in his bottom lip as he slowly lifted up his head, giving her his left side, where she could see a line separating the stems of his mohawk and where the sides of his hair faded in.

"...If you're trying to get me to side up with Hermes it's not in my power this time." He spoke proudly. He didn't want to be rude, not yet. He wanted to give this little orphan a chance. Looking to her, however, he sensed something different. Something... His dull expression shot up to surprise, his eyebrows lifting from his head as his eyes were slightly alive. "....No way." Luthius' grin lit up, that one which meant a lot of fun would entail. Chuckling with much interest over this new cabin-mate, he looked back to his statue. "This your doing big man?" He asked the Zeus statue in the far back, leaning sideways to see it, staring it straight in the face before turning back around to see the girl once more.

"Ohhh my oh my. He made another one?" He questioned rhetorically, looking to her eyes for a moment. "Those eyes are far from a Hermes kid, let alone an unclaimed child." He chuckled loudly, pushing off of the doorway before marching back into the cabin. Expecting her to follow him, he spoke once more. "You know you're gonna have a pretty big mark on your head out there, right? Monsters are gonna hate you, being one of the big threes' kids. I just hope Hades hadn't broken the oath otherwise.." Sighing, realizing it was getting dull to speak about, he turned back around to see her. Reaching out his right arm, flexing a bicep and a neck muscle, he stared her in the face with a smug grin. "I'm your cousin. Luthius. Child of Hercules."

xenforo_design xenforo_design

Mara was exhausted, siting alone in the mess hall. She had been training hard all of yesterday for this game of Captire the Flag, and was starting to regret all of it now, due to how badly her arms were aching. As bad as the aching was however, she knew that the bruises and wounds from the game of Capture the Flag would hurt a whole hell of a lot more. Or... a whole Hades of a lot more. Or was Tartarus supposed to replace Hell? She couldn't really say hell anymore and have it make sense, but she couldn't shake the habit. She's swear how she'd always sworn, and she certainly swore a lot.

While the other campers ate meals ranging from pizza to ice cream, and even foods she couldn't recognize, Mara simply had a small can in front of her, filled with cold Spaghettios. She idily stirred them back and forth with her fork, fist pressed up against her cheek. Cold spaghettio's were her favorite food, and her father and her had always had them, as they couldn't afford the electricity bills half the time, so they were more likely than not to go unheated. Things could be rough, but ah and her father were close back then... or.. her adopted father, she supposed. Considering her real father, Ares only interacted with her on the level of claiming her, she still saw Greg as her father.

Once she had finished, she stood up, tossing the mostly empty can to the flames, where it promptly disappeared. She figured Ares must have had hundreds of those cans by now, she had been at this camp long enough for it, or at least it felt like it. She made her way over towards her cabin, stepping through the mess inside to grab her mace, a massive, brutish bronze weapon that she had trouble carrying. When she had first came here, she couldn't lift the thing, much less swing it, but now she could at least carry it. Many mocked her for having chosen a weapon she couldn't wield, but as some tiny, weak 14 year old, she felt like she had a lot to prove, especially as a child of Ares. And what better way was there to track ones progress and strength than with such a weapon? She ended up losing nearly ever fight she was in, but it didn't matter to her. It was progress, and she was making it.

She stepped back outside, her weapon in hand, letting out low, calm breaths. She was certainly ready for Capture the Flag.

With the Apollo boy with Sibeal now, Fawn wandered away to go get lunch. She hadn't eaten yet and was rather hungry. She kept replaying the fight in her head, trying to figure out what caused her friend to get injured. Was it a mistake Fawn had made? Was it Damien's fault? Or, perhaps, it was Sibbi who had made the mistake.

That train of thought was cut short by the sight of a girl with a comically heavy mace coming out of the Ares cabin. Fawn smiled. The girl wasn't strong enough to wield such a heavy weapon. Honestly, the only person in the camp Fawn believed could wield it correctly was a boy that Fawn would refuse to speak of out loud. He was one of the few people Fawn whole heartedly didn't like. That aside, this girl looked like she could use a friend.

Fawn skipped over to her and stopped with a friendly smile on her face. Fawn's hands held each other behind her back as she said, "Hello there! I don't think we've have the pleasure of meeting yet. I'm Fawn. What's your name?"

SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

Jin watched with shock-- and a disturbingly hefty feeling of fury-- as the boy stormed his way into the cabin. It wasn’t hers. She shouldn’t feel entitled or protective over it-- but-- but she did, and she couldn’t help it. Bei Fong’s insistence that this, and much of Zeus’s property, was her birthright only worsened that entitlement. Jin glared at the boy, electricity crackling in her ears. She glanced down briefly-- thankfully, nothing had manifested on her skin yet. This boy creeped her out. He oozed testosterone and was handsomely muscular, like a classical hero, but he talked like a total creep. Jin scowled at him. He growled at her! Who does that?! In an unsightly, very unlady-like display of dominance, Jin growled back. A little voice in her mind nagged at her. You’re letting this place get to you, it said. What would your mother say?

He looked at her funny, muttering almost sardonically. Who the hell was he talking to? It wasn’t like Zeus was actually listening to any of them. Gods didn’t care about mortals. Jin continued glaring. That seemed to be something no one here understood-- these gods had sired them and left them here, uncaring for the past thirteen to fifteen years, so why would they care now?

I don’t care what my mother would say. She left me here, Jin thought bitingly.

“He made another one?”

Jin wanted to spit at him in disgust, thoroughly frustrated. What a crude way to speak! And here he was, standing, living, in her birthright. He turned and walked back into the cabin. Enraged, Jin followed him. Get out of my house.

"You know you're gonna have a pretty big mark on your head out there, right? Monsters are gonna hate you, being one of the big threes' kids. I just hope Hades hadn't broken the oath otherwise.."

You don’t belong here. Jin was far too close to saying it. This was not a good day for her. From being dumped here because her mother apparently didn’t want her anymore to being forced to room with several other brats when there was an empty cabin meant for her that some stupid squatter was just hanging out in to finding out that she would have to participate in some bloodbath game where apparently she was going to be some huge target... Jin was ready to explode. There was only one thing in this crazy place that she could call her own. And someone else was trespassing into it.

“I’m not playing in that game,” she said slowly, tamping down her frustration. “I’m staying right here. And you’re not my cousin. My name is Jin. If you're a child of Hercules, that would make your father my cousin and you my nephew."

He was flexing. Was there ever a moment he'd stop? She'd never met someone so jacked up on masculinity. So annoyingly smug. Nonetheless, she took his hand. Gripped hard in something that just barely resembled a handshake and let a small shock escape her fingertips. Perhaps it was primal and improper, this immature scrabble for dominance in this white marble box, but Jin was soon learning the landscape of the demi-god camp. Whatever it was, she had to come out on top. She walked past Luthius, carefully observing the rest of the cabin. It was sparse, but it was hers. Turning back toward him with icy eyes, she asked him bluntly: "Why are you here?"

Hyydra Hyydra

That was a large mistake. A pinnacle of bad moves to make indeed.

The boy smiled smugly as she spoke, letting her reaction go, his hand shaking for a moment as he felt a spike of her godly power flow through his palm muscles. She truly was a daughter of Zeus. He grinned moreso, enjoying the thought that another big shot had jumped into the camp. He could tell he would like her, definitely more than that Poseidon kid. He'd later on get word about the scuffle he had with a child, and eventually would drop his respect even further.

But now she went on to call him her Nephew. 'Whatever you say, kiddo' Trailed through the boy's brain, his physical reaction a huff of humor. Truly, that was a joke, but in time she'd realize that he was not one for banter like that. That was banter, right?

No, no it was not. And he would know that with her last, most stupid question.

He liked her rebellious nature for all about five seconds after that handshake. His face dropped from a smile, fading to a straight face, never ceasing to make eye contact with her after her question. At that moment did the air go still, his shoulders dropping as his face grew loose. He scrunched his nose violently for a split second, inhaling sharply through his nostrils, leaning back as he clasped his left hand over his right wrist, looking away for a moment as he stuck his tongue under his bottom lip. Looking for a moment or two, he snapped his head back towards her feet, speaking finally.

"..You know I've killed people, right? Not like, people, demigods."
He looked back up to her face, and at that moment. Ohhh at that moment would she see that he did not like her anymore. Be her a child of Zeus, that seemed irrelevant in his mindset as of right now. "Girls, boys, I don't care. I've been disrespected one too many times by kids on and off the battlefield. And so be it you don't fight now- you will fight eventually. So I, highly suggest that you be a little more intelligent with your voice, because you seem like you can be smart..."

He dropped his arms and shrugged his shoulders as he looked to her eyes again, blinking violently for a few seconds, his bloodshot eye glowing in the light. "I'm here because I'm the son of a great god. I'm also the grandson of an even greater. I'm here because I'm the best at this campus, because I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty in or out of the campus. I'm here because I'm from Hercules, and by his right this is my cabin-" With that last emphasis on his sentence, he took a step forward, his forearm flexing out of anger more than presentation as he pointed to the marble floor. "...so I suggest you know your boundaries."

Of course, a lot of it was talk, hopefully. He didn't know if he could actually, mentally be able to kill one of Zeus' kids, nor did he believe he would go unpunished if he actually chose to. But that did not stop his pride from pouring forth like he was from one of the big three. His anger remained in his eyes, his face, but his body calmed. He looked to her like he hated her, like he met her before and never wanted to. Keeping eye contact with her until he walked straight past her, his shoulder just meeting with hers to graze skin, he marched into the back right room, where the rest of his armor awaited him.

His armor, thanks to a daughter of Hephaestus, was promoting all his glory to his ascendant father. A helmet, large and prideful. Too much metal was wasted upon the mane, at least ten swords could've came from the size of the metallic fur around the face. His mouth was covered entirely, along with his nose, leaving only ovalish boxes for his bloodshot eyes to gaze out of. Yet, with the upper jaw and eyes and nose of the lion seen, the mouth area was simply holes along a flat piece of metal. As if rather than the lion he chose to decorate it with that of its pelt. His chestplate did just the same, though with an entire face of the beast his father was known so well for. But aside from the intimidating, beautiful armor, there was something even moreso terrifying that others would see first. And that, of course, was his flail.

four chinks could be seen on his right shoulder plate, where safety clips of an old fashioned sense connected the chain to his body. The chain slithered down his flesh, consuming his arm like a boa, leaving no more than a good foot or so of chain hanging from the center of his hand, which's palm was wrapped around twice or so. He traveled to a large table, where a metal sphere, a double-bladed axe head, and a strange, barbaric flail head lied neatly. Grasping the large, unwarped sphere, he tossed it into the air with ease twice, before holding onto it as he turned around to march, his helmet now tucked under his left armpit, which coincidentally held the ball in that hand as well. Looking to her for a moment, he turned to the statue of Hercules, setting the sphere and the helmet down as he stretched himself out, his veins thick and pushing out, showing lack of circulation for the most part. But like every time he put on that sacred vessel of metal and pride, it would eventually adapt and overcome the tight area.

Mara had only managed to take a few steps out of her cabin when someone ran up to her. Fuck. Some girl she had seen around but had never spoken to before. She turned her face to look at the girl, letting out a long sigh, raising a hand to shield her eyes from the sun's light. "Uh... hey there," she responded rather plainly. The girl's name was Fawn, and although the smile on her face seemed genuine enough, her hands were held behind her back and some corner of Mara's mind was expecting a Hermes-cabin prank. "My name's Mara, good meeting you," she responded, an eyebrow slightly raised as she continued to carry the mace along, walking and talking at the same time.

"Never seen you before, whose kid are you?" She asked, glancing over at the girl. "You know whose kid I am, seeing as I just left the Ares cabin," she added with a snort and a low chuckle. "And have you heard about which team the Ares kids are on? I haven't been bothering to pay much attention, really," she admitted with a shrug.

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

"Mara? That's a nice name." Fawn followed after Mara happily. She loved meeting new people. This girl seemed serious, too, which meant that she definitely needed a friend. It was Fawn's opinion that serious people were just people who needed an extra hug and a few smiles, that would brighten them up in no time. Then Mara asked about her father.

That was a can of worms Fawn did not want to open. She could say her father was Pan, and then Mara could ridicule her for thinking that. Or Mara could accept it. Or she could lie and Mara would never know the difference. But Fawn hated lying. "Uh... w-well, I don't exactly know... I haven't been claimed, you see, but I think... I think it's Pan..." Fawn blushed deeply. Her speech was hesitant and uncertain, frightened almost. She didn't want to be laughed at by yet another camper.

"You guys are against the Athena team. It's always Athena versus Ares. At least, they are the heads of the teams. I think. I don't really one hundred percent know if that's true. I rarely fight in Capture the Flag. I'm not particularly helpful." Fawn rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. She wasn't very good at this, was she? Oh well, she was trying.
SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

Nik's only reason to get so ready for a game he didn't really want to play was simple: he wanted to win. There was a common saying among the camp that when a demigod proves themselves, they get claimed. It was motivation enough for Nik, it would clear up a lot of questions he already had. Strangely enough, Nik didn't feel like he belonged at this camp. Not just the typical 'I don't belong here' feeling, more like he wasn't a demigod at all. While everyone around him had some sort of aura about them, some sort of presence. Nik could tell that's what he lacked.

"Hey, where are the Hermes' campers meeting for Capture the Flag?", Nik shouted over to the two girls in front of the Ares cabin. He had walked all the way to the cabins but he couldn't see his fellow bunkmates in the vicinity. His eyes fell on a pretty girl that seemed the same age as him.

She had a very earthy look about her, it was unique, and she didn't give off the same vibe as the other campers. Nik furrowed his brow and tried to formulate some kind of question, all the things he came up with were kind of lame.

"You're from the Hermes' cabin right? I've seen you around before," Nik's grey eyes met the girl's green ones, he studied and the other girl very noticeably. "Do you think that you can point me in the right direction?"

SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Fawn heard another voice and turned around to see a beautiful boy walking over to her. She lost herself momentarily in the stormy grey of his irises. Then she regained her composure and smiled. "Hello, there. You're the new camper, aren't you?" She smiled cordially. "I'm Fawn, what's your name?"

Then she heard his question. Why did people seem so adamant on asking her about Capture the Flag issues? She nearly never played. She would tonight, simply because she was bored. Even though she had no idea what the correct answer to his question is.

Fawn sighed ever so softly and shook her head. "I am afraid I don't know the answer to your question. I don't play often enough to really know. Perhaps you should just go to the cabin? Surely someone there would be able to help you."

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

Mara chuckled, shrugging her shoulders. "Didn't know there were nice names, Fawn," she replied rather plainly. The girl was bright and happy, and it seemed like she was always this ways, something Mara might quickly find annoying if exposed to for too long. She paused as Dawn did, looking back at that girl as she seemed to screw up her face and think for a moment, as if the question had been hard.

As Fawn said that her father might be Pan, Mara raised an eyebrow, and looked down at Fawn's legs. "You don' look like a satyr to me," she snorted, before continuing to walk on. The girl's words has been fearful, as if she was afraid that Mara would mock her for what she had said. Mara though she was a bit.. odd for that, but certainly wasn't about to insult her for it. Especially in this world, where nothing seemed to make the sense that it used to.

"Ah, we're going against Athena again, nice," she chuckled, shrugging her shoulders. Despite her rather complete inability to fight properly, she was still excited. The adrenaline, and the excitement of battle were enough for her. She opened her mouth, about to make another combat, when some other boy walked over, talking to Fawn. He asked where the Hermes campers were meeting, and Mara let out a chuckle and a "Fuck if I know." She personally wasn't all too surprised that this boy seemed to want to talk to Fawn only, as if Mara was only part of the wall behind her. She let the two talk, mace still held in her hands, before she hefted the thing up to rest its brutish celestial bronze head on her shoulder.

"..You know I've killed people, right? Not like, people, demigods."

If Jin was scared, she could hardly feel it. Adrenaline lined her stomach, making it light and hyper and angry. It was like the feeling at the top of the roller-coaster, right as you'd start falling. And there was something addicting about it.

She could only deny her heritage for so long. Her mother had abandoned her to this camp, and she had no weapons like this boy to back her up. All she had was her birthright. Her blood.

"Girls, boys, I don't care. I've been disrespected one too many times by kids on and off the battlefield. And so be it you don't fight now- you will fight eventually. So I, highly suggest that you be a little more intelligent with your voice, because you seem like you can be smart..."

His eyes were bloodshot. Jin was tempted to hit him. She bit her tongue as he continued to speak, declaring his right to this temple of Zeus, so proud of his half-blood father. And then he walked up to her, and Jin had to tilt her head back to keep glaring at him. Half a head taller than her. Muscled like no tomorrow. Imposing and dangerous. Possibly the worst person here to make her enemy... yet Jin still glared. And then he brushed past her. She took a half-step backwards and turned to continue glaring at him, even as he collected his armor and materials. She didn't have any of that. She had luxurious clothing, three good books, and a small knapsack. So. Nothing.

He came back, clad in armor, looking more barbaric than she could have imagined. Electricity crackled at her fingertips.

"I'm not scared of you," Jin hissed. "Your father? He's nothing but a glorified demi-god. Which makes your power even more limited."

After fifteen years as the daughter of a socialite, living in the upper echelon of high society, Jin knew too well how to play the game of bloodline elitism.

"You," she continued, stepping up to the boy, "will never be even half as powerful as me. My father is Zeus, King of all gods, Ruler of Olympus, Father of your father. I don't bleed, I just explode. There's lightning in my veins, and I've got a short fuse." Jin glared up at him, heart racing. She was almost ten inches shorter than him, yet she still managed to look down on him. "You don't belong here. This is my father's temple, and my birthright. It's too clean for the likes of you." Jin bared her teeth at him. "Get out of my fucking house."

With that, she turned and briskly walked to one of the rooms. Sat on the bed. This was obviously Luthius' room, but she didn't care. Perhaps it was too much of a power move to specifically take over his room, but it was also the only one that was furnished, though sparsely so. Jin stretched out and took out her book from her knapsack. There was no way he was staying here. And there was no way she was leaving to play some cult game.

Hyydra Hyydra

Last edited:
Except there was.

The blood pumped violently through him. Her first statement- ignored. Simply a jab, he could respect that. He was only looking to his father's statue, turning to suddenly find her in front of him. And what she could've considered defeat, he only found motivated anger growing upon his face. She stepped up to him, making him take a small step back the first time. What!?!? He stepped back!? Luthius Wallmark was never one to back down. But the second step she took, he puffed his chest out, looking down to her. Yet, eventually through her rant, she ended up staring down to him.

He was furious, enraged. Hateful. She spoke as if his second-hand blood amounted to nothing. Who could possibly say that? Especially about her own cousin? But that's not what set him off. His eyes continued to flex as they kept eye contact, he refused to back down. He continued to look her dead in her pupils. Never did he leave the black spots in her eyes- not so much as flicking over to see the color of her irises. Her words pounded against him like an unwelcomed slap. And eventually, eventually she made a mighty error, telling a big-headed, manner-less, testosterone-filled boy like him where he didn't belong. But even worse, she soared past any previous mistake before that with the last sentence that came out of her mouth.

"Get out of my fucking house."

No. No no no. No. Not acceptable. Not passable. Not forgivable. No one in the history of his campus came to him with this feeling of pride- let alone on the first day to the campus. He let her storm off, turning around and slapping a hand to his eye, blinking a hundred times as he was about to yell. No. NO! He turned straight back around, eyes aflame as he watched her storm off. His head snapped back to the Zeus statue in the back, staring it dead in the eyes for a good three seconds. "Sorry, pops." He muttered, turning around and marching forth, chucking his shoulder into the door as he looked to her. HIS ROOM!!!

"No no no no no!" The son of Hercules barked out, without hesitation letting his left arm cock back, taking her by surprise and sending it straight into the side of her neck. Watching her shut down like a turned-off computer was satisfying, yeah, but that wasn't enough. Lifting her up, he chucked her over his shoulder, placing his helmet upon his head afterwards, hooking up the flail head onto his chain and tying it around his waist. He looked to the other rooms, grasping onto a sword and a chesplate for her, sliding the sword between chains and carrying the chestplate in his left hand, as in his right was her, on his shoulder. "You're gonna go into MY room, MY shit, MY EVERYTHING!" He started ranting to himself. Like he always did. Incoherent yelling to anyone who wasn't in his brain. Who else did he have to yell to? He stomped ahead, soon realizing that the long strides he made weren't making her move. She was waking up.

One minute she was flipping open Great Expectations back to her dog-eared page, and the next she was on someone's shoulder with soreness stretching along the side of her neck. There was vague yelling, but it sounded so far away... Jin blinked her eyes open, watching as the ground surged up and down with every step this person took.

Wait.

She was on someone's shoulder?!

Screeching, Jin immediately began to struggle against the muscular arm holding her in place. She recognized this armor. She knew the person grabbing her. She started yelling and hitting Luthius, though her hands didn't touch anything but armor, and she doubted that she was making much of a challenge for him like this. She knew she wasn't much of a physical threat, but she'd be damned if she just let him toss her over his shoulder like a fucking potato sack.

"LET GO OF ME!" Jin screamed at the top of her lungs, squirming and kicking. How-- how dare he put his hands on her! Furious, Jin pushed as hard as she could-- but to no avail. She couldn't wrestle her way out of his grasp. He was certainly a child of Hercules-- there was no doubt about that. There was no way to overpower him into letting her go. Angry, hot tears pricked her eyes. "I HATE YOU!" she yelled, impassioned and frustrated. Her cheeks were getting wet. "I HATE YOU! YOU STUPID BRUTE-- LET! GO! OF! ME!"

Electricity rushed from her palms and into the surface she was squirming on, shocking the armor. Strong or soft, she couldn't tell-- Jin's fingers were numb, and all of a sudden she'd landed on the ground, scraping her knees. "Ugh," she grunted, scrambling to her feet and dusting off her dirty knees. She glared up at him, eyes hateful and angry, looking absolutely fearsome... except for the slight hiccups she was unable to suppress. God damn it! She wasn't crying because she was sad or scared of him, she was crying because she was-- just-- so-- frustrated!

Her hands were buzzing. Buzzing, loud, like two enraged beehives beaten awake, surrounded by blue sparks.

"Don't you ever-- touch-- me-- again!" she snarled, something carnal and dangerous in her voice. Her hair was messy and thrown around her shoulders, her hands and knees red and dirty, her leggings dusted with dry earth. She looked like a child of the forest. Oh, Jin, her mother's pitying eyes said, how far you've fallen.

Hyydra Hyydra

She was screaming. Good. He wanted that. He wanted her to feel a fraction of what he felt with her talking to him the way she did. She continued to scream, and as she did so, he would speak to himself, mainly under his breath. "You're sooo dead. You're dead. You're gonna get crushed. I'm gonna take my flail, and I'm gonna-"

He got shocked. Badly. His voice was a mighty should, until his chest began shaking violently, throwing his voice rapidly as he fell to his knees, and then to his face. Forest floor, at least. Not the hard dirt ground a few yards back. His legs kicked out violently for a second, making him ground wildly, yanking the sword from his waist as he faced her with it, roaring as he leapt towards her with the blade raised in his right hand.

And then he halted himself, looking to her with a rage, panting heavily. He saw her eyes, then he looked up to the sword, lowering his arms as he huffed. He tossed her sword to the right, letting it rest in the dirt, trudging into her as his shoulder plate would knock her shoulder firmly. "You better pray I- I find s-omeone else before I find you!!!" He shouted out, not looking back as his fists were gripped mightily, his chain biting into his palms.

No one would've seen how red his face was behind his helmet. No one would've seen the ugly crying face he made through his eyes. No one would see the tears falling as his helm caught them. He was furious, pissed off someone like her had the capability to shove him around. She literally- she literally shocked him. What was that? It mattered not. He was going to find her, desperately, no matter what. If it was the last thing he'd do he would slaughter her on this battlefield.

But eventually, after marching for a few minutes, his flail hanging in the air with a fist clutching tightly to it, sweaty and anger-filled, would he notice Zeus' Fist. His fist. Not hers. The flag was beautiful and red, red like the blood of those he fell in past games before they made it there. That flag was more than just a banner of cloth for competition. That banner was the fountain of Glory. As he finally entered the group of other warriors there with him, a mighty roar of approval and cheer came from the group. They had a major factor in this game, and that factor was Luthius Wallmark of Hercules.

He took off his helmet to reveal a reddened face, tossing it to the person nearby him. Everyone grew quiet, however, as even now his face was tear-stained and ugly. He looked to them all, his chest pumped, as he spoke with triumph and anger.

"We're gonna kill them. We're gonna drive them into the dirt. We're gonna slaughter them like a herd of sheep!!! We'll take the flag, and break all the bones in our way!!!! You get shoved down- you get fucking kicked- YOU FUCKING KICK BACK!!! BITE!! KICK! PUNCH! CHEAT! We FUCKING, GOT THIS!!!"

All the while, as he roared out these few claims and a dozen more, the crowd that gathered around him continued to jeer him on and roar in approval. Of course, like any time before, he would roar out one last statement. Typical, but still something that signified he was done talking. Something that signified the games, were about to begin.

"LET'S GET IT!!"

xenforo_design xenforo_design SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

"Y-yeah uh they aren't there," Nik hesitated even when she spoke it seemed weird, there was a presence about her. His head turned to the other girl, she on the other hand seemed normal by demigod standards. He couldn't quite explain, but Nik had a feeling something was different.

"I guess I'll ju–", His voice was cut short by masses of loud unintelligent shouting, "Like I was saying, I'm gonna go see if I can find them myself. I heard that Hermes is blue team."

With that Nik left the two girls alone as he made his way to the forest, still searching for a sign or his bunkmates. Luckily he did and followed after them. Nik shortly arrived in an opening, a blue flag was surrounded by a number of campers who wore some sort of variation of blue to identify which team they were on.

"Nikky! Here take this, so we know you're on our side," A familiar voice yelled from behind Nik, he truly hated that nickname. The boy knew who the voice belonged to and he wasn't surprised when he was greeted by Lyndsey's face. She forced a blue headband into his hand.

"Thanks," Nik muttered as he slid on his new headband. In the distance he could hear the battle cries of his enemy campers. He looked on at his teammates, they were huddling into groups, each led by strawberry-blonde haired teens with noticeable grey stormy eyes. They were much like Nik's own. His brain began to work over time, maybe he was one of them. Since there weren't so many, it was safe to assume that they were the Athena cabin.

"Maybe it's that woman I keep seeing in my dreams," Nik whispered to himself, readying his sword and shield. The game would start at the sound of the horn, and everyone was getting into position. Nik didn't have anyone to crusade with, so he sort of snuck off to the side so he could pursue the flag by himself.

SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter Hyydra Hyydra xenforo_design xenforo_design Black Jade Black Jade SynKast SynKast

Maras comment about not being a satyr made Fawn pause. No, she didn't look like a satyr. That's because she isn't a satyr. She's a demigod. And just because her father took the form of a satyr didn't mean she had to be one. Unless it did. Perhaps... No. Impossible. Pan had to be her father. If he's not, then how could Fawn explain the voice that told her to go to camp? How could she explain talking to animals? She had to be the daughter of Pan. There was no other option. Fawn shook her head as if to shake away the doubt.

Then Nik started talking once more. Fawn gave him her undivided attention, only to notice that he seemed almost suspicious of her. Fawn frowned ever so slightly. Did she say something wrong? Of course she did, that must be it. There couldn't be any other explanation. Fawn felt ashamed for a moment. She didn't know the answer to his question and so he didn't like her. She wished she could be more helpful.

He turned and left and Fawn sighed heavily. Stop being such a screw-up! Fawn scolded herself mentally. Then Fawn turned to Mara. "Well, I suppose I ought to be off then, gotta find my team. I hope we don't meet on the battlefield, as that would mean we would have to fight. Best of luck, anyhow." Fawn smiled at Mara cordially before jogging off towards the forest.

As she arrived at the Hermes group, she was given a blue headband to put on. Fawn refused to wear it. It wasn't made of natural fibers, so she would not wear it. It was a principle thing. Instead, she summoned a blue flower and picked it after a small internal struggled. She placed the flower behind her ear and looked around, spotting Nik for a moment and smiling awkwardly before fading to the outskirts of the group.

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

She'd heard scuffling and movement as she was getting herself off the ground, but hasn't seen the source. Luthius must have fallen or tripped or something. He had lunged at her with a sword in hand. Reflexively, Jin raised her arms up, lighting hungry for a victim, a reason to devour, but the blow never came. As she lowered her hands, Luthius seemed to retreat.

With a violent clang, he tossed the sword to the ground. Jin flinched, but it seemed he didn't notice.

He stormed over to her, slamming her roughly with his shoulder. Perhaps for him it was a mere bump, but it made Jin exhale sharply in shock and slight pain, her neck complaining. Before she could respond, he hissed, "You better pray I- I find s-omeone else before I find you!!!" And then he was gone. Which was perhaps for the better, because Jin was shaking where she stood, all furious energy slowly seeping from her bones. The electricity surrounding her hands quieted and quieted, until there was little more than a few sparks dying at her knuckles.

Fatigue consumed her before any semblance of willpower did. Jin shouldered her dirty knapsack square on her back again. There was no book in it. It must have fallen out while she was in the cabin. She spared the sword on the ground a hesitant glance and slowly walked over to pick it up. But her head was dizzy when she stood back up.

Somewhat despairingly, Jin sat down. Forget the dirty ground and the status of her leggings… they were a lost cause. She leaned against the tree trunk, staring up at the canopy-hidden sky. It wasn't actually silent-- she could hear vague activity father on in the forest, and the animals still scurried around-- but it was comparatively quiet to the encounter she'd faced earlier. No more ravenous, buzzing energy. No more raging Luthius. No more screaming from her own throat. Jin sniffed, gathering her knapsack in her lap. She searched through it, finding little else but a water bottle, a small apple, and a stray hair clip. Nothing that could greatly help her in battle. And to her side lay a sword that Luthius had tossed to the ground. It seemed a bit small for him, and just slightly too large for her, though she knew nothing about swords. And that was it; that was what she had to fend for herself. Jin sniffed again, somewhat tearfully. She began to slowly comb through the tangled ends of her pretty hair. She'd never felt so alone.

Perhaps she'd spent a few more moments like that, in lonely, self-pitying peace. But a roar soon erupted from the bushes of the forest. A conglomerate creature of multiple characteristics stepped out to her, nostrils flaring and hissing aggressively. Jin had never gotten to her feet so quickly. She grabbed the sword immediately, heart pounding in her throat.

And then she ran.

The monster soon gave chase, and she swore she could feel its hellfire breath on her calves. She could only run for so long, and so fast. Without a second thought, she skidded to the right, slowing down as the creature struggled to decelerate. Jin readied her weapon that she'd never used before and shut her eyes tight, the image of the hideous beast leaping violently at her. She screamed.

When she opened her eyes, there was nothing rushing at her anymore. The monster was still there, that was for sure. But it was preoccupied by impassioned howls and cries, effectively immobilized. Jin had lopped off a paw. It lay before her, a clump of fur and blood and claws. Something primal in her goaded her to pick it up and wear it as a trophy. But everything else in her told her to run. Before this creature regained its health. And so Jin did; she ran.

Eventually, as her chest heaved and lungs ached, Jin came across a clearing. There were more people there. Instinctively, her hands tightened around the sword. She couldn't tell if anyone was friend or foe. She barely recognized the people here… except those two campers that had been in the Hermes cabin earlier today, one of whom had scolded her… Jin slowed, legs like bricks. She approached the group and noticed-- Nik. Just barely, but he was here too, tucked into the side as if avoiding the rest of the people here. Perhaps she should have heeded his reservations, but Jin didn't much recognize anyone else here. Gasping, she collapsed on the ground in a tangle of dirt-smeared limbs, her sword falling to her right side. She sat and panted and stared at the people around her, all wearing bandanas of blue.

"Nik!" Jin finally yelled, throat sore and rough. "Nik, you would not believe…" She gulped. Her throat was raw. Shouting had become difficult after her wild screaming on Luthius' shoulder. "Oh god. Just. What's the game plan. What am I supposed to do here." Exhausted, she lay back on the forest floor, arms spread out. She could die right now, and it would be a relief from these aching bones.

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey

Last edited:
"Just stay clear of the big guys, the ones that could kill you, and be as much support with your powers as possible," Nik turned when he heard his name, he pointed towards a small girl with a blue flower, probably a Lilly, in her hair. "My advice, stay close to her... As in you help her, she helps you."

Nik helped Jin up and brushed her off, placing a hand on her shoulder blade and pushing her towards the their team. He turned as the horn blared throughout the forest. That was the cue. In no time, the many hordes of blue brandished demigods proceeded with their onward push towards the red team's banner. Nik on the other hand moved in a very different direction. While the wisdom-born demigods had sent large groups of campers forward, it was mainly as a distraction so smaller groups could flank the flag. It was a very solid plan, but it didn't stop Nik from devising one of his own.

Of course he didn't count on running into anyone but he did have a few run ins with the opposite team. Luckily, Nik had actually paid attention during his lessons with Lyndsey. He just barely held his own against the opposing camper, meanwhile–while Nik was distracted–another red team demigod had attempted to sneak up on him. But Nik had anticipated it. There was no way in Hades that these red players would travel alone. His mind began to work overtime as he defended himself sloppily.

Eventually, like Nik had predicted, the two opposing campers attempted to attack at the same time from Nik's front and back. The scenario played out exactly how Nik had planned, he dropped to one knee, his shield directed up as the two swords came down hard. Nik acted fast as the two staggered, shoving his shield into the gut of the camper who thought they were sneaky, making their body keel over. He then swung the flat of his sword like a bat at the other demigod's head, knocking them out.

"No way... That just happened...", Nik couldn't help but pump his fist in victory, he beat two people at once. His smile was wide and he shouted in a whisper triumphantly.

His began to pound as the adrenaline began to circulate through his veins. Judging by where he encountered the two campers he had just fought, he was going the right way. Nik didn't know the woods well, but he knew that their flag would be where he was heading.

Mentions: Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter
Talks to: xenforo_design xenforo_design

Last edited:
Jin grasped the hand that pulled her up, grimacing as Nik helped her to her feet.

She was not one raised with touch; her mother rarely hugged her, and Jin's father-- or stepfather, rather, though deeply affectionate, restricted himself to patting her on the head or the back. It was only her maternal grandmother that seemed utterly unscandalized by touching and feeling. When Jin attended Hong Kong Private Prepatory, her grandmother would grasp her hands during class, feeling her fingers and palms and supposedly her "Qi meridians", holding hands as they prayed and meditated. But even Jin's satyr was reserved about touch.

It would truly be an understatement to say that Jin was unfamiliar with the amount of physical contact she'd experienced just in one day. From being pulled up to someone putting their hand on her just to test her capabilities to being flung over a strangers shoulder... it was absolutely baffling to her, and she grew extremely flustered every time Nik touched her. He was uniquely capable of unintentionally and innocently making her blush. And that was embarrassing and annoying as hell.

"Yes. Thanks," Jin muttered breathlessly, awkwardly, and Nik gently guided her to the rest of the group with his hand on her back. She could feel her face getting hot again. Which, honestly she did not have the time for. She wasn't some hormone-stricken eighth-grader! She was in the middle of some magical forest, brandishing a sword, and being chased by creatures that most certainly came from Hell!

Jin scowled as Nik left, putting her in charge of protecting some fairy girl who... looked suspiciously familiar. Oh! She must have been the one in the forest earlier, being chased by two other campers! Jin snorted. Bunch of pansies. But speaking of, where were those children? Whatever. They'd probably just play tag and run around again if they came here anyway.

She didn't know how this girl would be able to help her at all, but Nik seemed to know something that she didn't. For the time being, it didn't seem too difficult or unwise a task to partner up with her. Perhaps Jin didn't want to, but at this point things weren't really about what she wanted unfortunately, since all she wanted was to fucking lie down and read a book and not get attacked at every turn by people and monsters, so boo hoo.

Sighing, she walked over to the girl, swinging her knapsack over her shoulder and gripping her sword tightly in her right arm. Jin would have to figure out some kind of a sheath arrangement if this sword-swinging was to be a long-term situation.

"Hello," Jin said, somewhat gruffly. "We should probably stick together during the game. I'm not really sure what's going on, or if you have any plans, but this is my first time playing and I don't know what I'm supposed to do." She glanced at the blue flower in the girls hair. "I also don't have any marker or identification that I'm on the blue team, so if you could direct me to someone or something that could help me with that…"

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Fawn distracted her busy hands with the torn hem of her shirt. This was an older shirt, one that Fawn had owned for years. It was beginning to fray around the edges and that always kept Fawn entertained. She hardly noticed what was happening around her. That's why she didn't realize that Nik left or that the game had started until Jin spoke.

Fawn nearly jumped a foot when Jin spoke to her. Then she smiled. "Oh, hello there! I believe we met before, but it was at an unfortunate time for us to meet. I'm Fawn. I'm not normally that dismissive, I was a touch emotional at the time but it has passed." Fawn smiled kindly and then looked to the blue headband that she had refused to wear.

Fawn picked up the headband and handed it to Jin. "Here you go. And as for strategy, I tend to stay on the defensive of our flag as that is where my skills are most useful. As a first-time player, you may want to stay on defense as well to just get a feel of the game without being directly threatened by he-who-shall-not-be-mentioned with his damned flail."

Jin looked at the headband with hesitation. People of her stature didn't just play in camp games and wear headbands picked up off of the forest floor. Her uncle would have an aneurysm if he'd seen the condition she was in. But then Jin was also remarkably not in a position to complain, so reluctantly, she tied her hair up in a ponytail and then wrapped the headband around her crown.

"That's okay," Jin replied somewhat distractedly as she looked around her. The horn had sounded, and they would soon be facing far more opponents, it seemed. She glanced at Fawn. Well, at least the girl seemed to have manners, though that didn't speak to how useful she was in combat. "Thank you for the headband."

A red-banded boy was running at them, a spear in hand. Jin's reaction was too slow-- she barely lifted her sword in time. Fortunately, someone else had reached the boy before she did-- that girl from her cabin, earlier. Jin watched as the child of Hermes battled the boy, quick and nimble, though certainly not as physically powerful. Biting her lip, Jin looked at Fawn again. "How close can we get to the flag? I don't know that we should stay right here.”

In reality, moving closer to their flag probably meant that Jin would likely face several of the people on the red team. But it was better than being the first line of defense by far, though perhaps not easier than playing a stealthy offense. That was what she usually did during Capture the Flag, but those games also didn't have screaming weapon-waving children and monsters. "Let's get closer," Jin murmured, motioning for Fawn to follow her to closer to the flag.

"…with his damned flail."

Jin slowed. "Are you talking about Luthius?"

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

It was a rush.

It was a wave, all charging, all yelling in adrenaline, feeling the pride of their parents as they stormed through the forest. All of them, except for that of Luthius. Luthius marched forward slowly, waiting for any stragglers that managed to get by the large amount of warriors. The male could be seen between their shoulders from a far distance, any angle that would get them behind one of the warriors at present. And from there one could imagine the fear that could be there, striking them in the head with the thought that he sees you, and he's marching straight toward you.

When the battles between man first began, it was those who held the most born from Ares, and Zeus, as well Athena, that would win. Those with the wisdom, the instinctive knowledge of combat, and the authority over the battlefield that promised victory for their team. But those days have long since passed. Now, now too many combinations exist within this world, too many genetic differences to truly tell whether a daughter of Athena will outsmart a son of Aphrodite, whether a soldier from Ares may defeat a barbarian from Nemesis.

Such was the fate for a child of Athena. A daughter, knocking her opponent down to see him. Ten feet away, slowly marching, his gaze ever hidden as his helmet was worn. His flail hung about a foot and a half from where it was gripped. He stared to her for a while, halting three feet away. She decided that charging past him, avoiding contact, would be the best idea. It wasn't.

He released his grip on the flail, hurling it around her so that the chains ensnared her feet. Yanking mightily, the lightweight warrior was dragged closer to him. His hand then let go of the chain, grasping the back of her chestplate as he lifted her up. Grunting heavily, he slammed his fist into the back of her head, knocking her out instantly. Shaking his hand after the hard impact, he lamely removed his chain from the warrior, continuing to march on.

Another wasn't as dumb. A larger boy, one maybe around his height, charging forward from the side. A sword in his hand, a mighty roar before impact. Luthius crouched down as the opponent ran into him, his arm in between the boy's legs. Leaping up and throwing that arm high into the air, the boy fell over onto the ground. From there he didn't have time to react, aside from shouting, a hefty swing downwards as metal dented metal. Only for a few seconds had he witnessed the slowed breathing before he continued onward, looking for anyone within range he could grasp onto and lay waste.

There were those from Ares, who were known for their combat. There were those from Athena, by there intelligence. But damned be he to say there was a mightier warrior there than he who marched with Hercules' might. Damned be he to test the strength of Luthius.

Damien Tobiah Lmore

tumblr_m3ziibOHqr1rpschx.gif

Damien felt a rush, a burst of energy flow through his body. Like a hype of adrenaline, but on hundreds of different kinds of steroids. It was the rush of excitement, fear, terror, risk. It was the rush of war, the feeling he was oh so used to by now. It was dangerous, in all honesty, when he was like this. He was a raging blind monster who cut down any enemy that dared to cross his path. With his blade in hand, and the feeling of battle coursing through his veins he charged forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back