• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern CLOSED: Bread and Circuses [Romance/platonic, MxA]

MG Maggio

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
All characters are 25+
Pairings: MxM, MxNB, MxF

Hi, I'm Jo! I'm looking to write something a little darker involving power dynamics, vulnerability, and language barriers.

:bishiesparklesl: Plot hook:
NOTE: not looking for historical accuracy- don't worry if you've never delved into this area of history before, I'm quite new to it myself.
  • My guy is a former warrior of a secluded Scandinavian tribe. After being captured during a scouting mission, he was taken to Rome to entertain a bloodthirsty populace under the moniker, "The Wolf of Germania."
  • After he has his first fight in the arena (presumably surviving), he begins to plan his escape. Trouble is, he doesn't speak the language, stands out like a sore thumb, and has no allies.
  • In order to make his escape, he'll first need to get on the good side of Your Character, who has status and/or wealth at their disposal.
  • Will this relationship end in betrayal? Will death part them? Or will they connect beyond differences?
:bishiesparklesr: Your character:
  • A Roman who will interact with my character! Can be romantic, but not necessarily- platonic is welcome too! Either way, I'm hoping they grow to be special to one another
  • Morally gray with complexities- someone who likely thinks of lower castes as inferior, but who has a sophisticated moral compass (as skewed as it may be)
:bishiesparklesl: Other things I'm looking for:
  • A writer who is 25+; female, trans male or non-binary; and can write in third person, present tense
  • Chill and friendly OOC chatter centering our shared story
  • A love of pigeons
  • Posts more days than not
  • Knows when to use a one-liner and when to give more description
:bishiesparklesr: More about me:
  • Early 30s, they/she
  • Central time zone
  • Loves pigeons
  • Lover of playlists and mood boards
  • Artist
:bishiesparklesl: Check out my RP details for more info and writing samples:

Jo's RP Deets

Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
I drew my gladiator- folks from his area typically have long hair and wear beards. Lots of hair here!

Attachments

• VigridwBEARD.png
    VigridwBEARD.png
    570.1 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back