• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy City of Salem {ded}

Seth sighed, getting soaked wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to him tonight, surely. "Address is this way." He called over his shoulder, sauntering off down the sidewalk. It seemed his colleagues on the other case were on their way too. Good.

The rain practically ricocheted off Seth as it hit him, his taut skin about as welcoming to the raindrops as the concrete around him. Still, it didn't do anything exactly to keep him dry. "Guess we should get introductions out the way." Seth muttered, hands in his trenchcoat pockets. "My name's Seth Aamon, I'm a Witcher - monster hunter type." He snapped his fingers, lifting his glamour spell. His trenchcoat melted into engraved armor, adorned with a twin pair of generously-sized swords sheathed upon his back. "Should probably dress for the occasion."

V e r t i g o V e r t i g o that1aj that1aj

"Okay, well, I'm AJ Schmidt. I'm not human, but I don't know if it's safe to say what I really am. Also, that was really cool." AJ said, making sure her bow was easily accessible and that she could reach her arrows with her right hand.

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak V e r t i g o V e r t i g o

Sance listened to Seth's introduction and watched as he lifted his spell. "A Witcher...." She pondered for a moment, remember her parents having taught her about his kind. They were dangerous, and her eyes narrowed. They were bred to hunt her kind, and many others. But now they were teaming up? Seemed a little odd. She stayed silent as she let her own illusion fade away. Her legs were covered in black armor, golden horns protruding from her knees. Her boots were adorned with sharp blades. Her midriff was exposed, but similar armor adorned her chest and arms. Her left eye began to ignite with a bright crimson flame as she held her hand out, drawing a large sword from the ground. It was quite a lot larger than she was, sharp on one side and jagged on the other. A small decorative skull sat atop the hilt. Long, slender horns also were perched atop her head. She strode passed the two, getting a feel of the area. She closed her eyes, almost forgetting to introduce herself. She turned around with a smile. "The name's Sance, a Reaper." She bowed.

Lua smirked as he began to ramble. She liked that, surprisingly. If she talked more, she would probably tend to do the same thing. "My name is Lua," she winked. "And yes, that's my older sister, Sance," she sighed. "A pain in my ass most of the time, is what I'd like to call her..." She mumbled under her breath, kicking her foot softly on the ground.

"A Reaper, huh?" Seth mused, finally making sense of the girls scent. Her kind was listed in his Witcher Tome, but now was the first time he'd met one in the flesh. His glance caught on the Reaper's armor. "Better hope no-one aims for your stomach." His comment was about the extent of his reaction, though he supposed that his own set had its fair share of chinks. Still, light armor was much more up to his preference - he resented the overly heavy steel plates he'd wear when training. "Keep that bow handy, AJ. If any vampires show up, it'd be nice if you could get them before they're in biting distance of my neck."

The streets whirled and twisted, though eventually the place turned up in front of them. It was unmistakable. Explicit neon signs, muffled rave music, and an intoxicated-looking individual being thrown from the place's doorstep. "Lovely." Seth muttered. A rather large bouncer covered the brothel's entrance, one that even dwarfed Seth. The man was human though, Seth could smell it.
As Seth made to walk past, however, the bouncer held up a hand. "Not her." He pointed at AJ. "Underage."

Seth bit his lip, annoyed. "Any ideas?" He muttered to his companions.

Julian had quietly followed the group in his car, somewhat unwillingly. The others had gathered by the entrance, and Julian could easily hear what was going on because of his supernatural powers. Thankfully, he was also close enough to have barely made the words out even as a human.

He wondered if he was tainting his reputation by arriving at a brothel. No doubt that the word would go around, and he would receive surprised looks even inside the building. But he supposed it couldn't be helped. He had to make sure no one could trace anything back to him - and the best way to do that was to mislead the group while he was with them.

He came up to the group, and then nudged past them gently, coming face-to-face with the bouncer. The man didn't look like he would budge even for Julian, but the vampire-hybrid had to try. Thankfully, the other half of him was a compelling siren. It was time to test his abilities.
"They're with me," he told the bouncer, keeping his voice low and polite at the same time. He glanced at AJ and then turned back to the large man blocking his way, "A man does have his needs. I hope you don't mind, sir."
As if that wasn't enough, Julian drew money out of his pocket and pressed it into the bouncer's hand.

Sance narrowed her eyes again at Seth. "You can't kill a Reaper through the stomach," she mumbled softly under her breath. "You think they would have taught you that." She smiled as she walked next to him, though her expression had a tinge of sarcasm to it. It was miraculous she was so sweet to begin with, Reapers were not nice creatures. So, the little outbursts of wit and sarcasm weren't out of character, though she tried to keep it as quiet as possible.

When arriving at the brothel, she couldn't help but be almost appalled at the sight. "Do mortals really enjoy this stuff?" She thought, her eyes rolling softly. Right before she was about to use her reality-altering powers, Julian stepped in front of her. Who the hell? Where did he come from? She looked over at Seth, mildly confused, and then to AJ. She then watched Julian try to bribe the bouncer, but kept quiet to play along. She was a little wary of the new comer, but she couldn't say anything due to possibly ruining their mission. Better keep Lua away from him...

About to start talking, AJ heard a car pull up, and, out of curiosity, turned around to see who got out. It was Julian, telling the bouncer that they were with him, and even trying to bribe him. Playing along with it, AJ went over to Julian and wrapped her arms around his neck, standing on her toes to whisper in the man's ear, "Gotta make it convincing, eh?"

"Hmm." The bouncer looked down at the plentiful amount of coin laid in his hand. "Alright." He huffed simply, shifting his mass aside.
Seth piped up. "We'd like to speak with the manager."
The bouncer switched glances between the group, then. Eventually he just told them, "He's training a new dancer in the back room. Don't be too surprised when he calls me to kick you out." The hulk went back to folding his arms, Seth strolled past him.
"Thanks." He muttered to Julian. The guy might've made Seth nervous, but it seemed that having him along had its share of benefits.

Inside, the place was about as pleasant as Seth expected it to be. Scantily-clad women milled about the packed bar room, tables set with a whole bunch of mean-looking characters. A stage was set before the tables, adorned with with a series of poles, each occupied by dancers. "Real classy." Seth muttered, stuck between scanning the room for clues and keeping his eye level straight ahead to avoid Sance's leering suspicion. A few stares followed the group as they passed.

After quite a bit of zig-zagging through tables, Seth approached the backroom door - a limp, wooden thing with various 'KEEP OUT' and 'PRIVATE' titles spray painted on it. Naturally he swung it open and strolled through. "This way." He indicated for the others.

Inside was another, smaller stage with only one dancer. The girl wasn't quite as flaunty or provocative as the ones in the mainroom, if anything her whole performance was a nervous wreck.
"The fuck is that? You're meant to be turnin' be on, not puttin' me to sleep!" A scrawly, pale man layered with tattoos in a waistcoat sat with his arms folded across from the stage, evidently judging the girl's performance.
Seth felt his knuckles tighten, and he knew it wouldn't be a good idea if he was the one who started talking. "Tell him why we're here. I might say something I'll regret." He murmured, averting his eyes. It took quite a bit of experience for a Witcher to control their anger, and Seth wasn't quite the top student on the subject.

Following Seth into the building, AJ crossed her arms and looked around for clues, not caring who threw what they thought were sexy glances her way. Seeing that Seth was extremely angry, AJ put her hand on his shoulder and started speaking to the manager. "Excuse me, sir, we're here to investigate the recent death of one of your employees. We're sorry if we're, uh, interrupting anything, but we need to speak with you. In private."

Sance could only giggle at the sight, softly of course. Once composing herself she eyed the tattooed man sitting nearby. He was obviously the manager, and he didn't seem too nice. He probably wouldn't be too willing to speak to them, especially seeing as they were here unannounced and would soon be thrown out rather than listened to. She nudged AJ softly when she began to speak. When Reaping souls, she was used to these types of people. They were rather rude, but could be nice with a little... convincing.

"Let me take care of this..." She whispered to the girl. She twirled her finger, altering her clothing to fit the... atmosphere. She had limited time and ducked under AJ's arm that was laid on Seth's shoulder. She sauntered over with a seductive gleam in her eyes. She wasn't a Succubus, but she sure as hell could play herself off to be one. "I'm sorry about our intrusion," she placed a hand on his shoulder, walking around him whilst dragging her fingertips with her across his skin. "We just have a little bit of an issue, and we were hoping you'd have some answers for us." Stopping in front of him, she placed a hand over her mouth and giggled. "And, maybe, you'll be rewarded," she got a little closer. "If you can give us some leads?" She winked and then eyed the girl on stage. "Sucks you aren't getting much entertainment from that lass~" She giggled again. She was practically vomiting on the inside.

Julian had placed himself at the back of the group once again, observing keenly. The environment did not suit him. However, everyone else seemed to be focused on their mission. Whatever information it was that they wanted, they could probably get.

However, the silver-haired man had no interest in the manager, at least for now.

"Excuse me," he murmured as he took a step back, not caring if anyone acknowledged him. He quietly moved to the door and slipped out, seemingly unnoticed.

Last edited:
Hearing Julian speak almost made AJ jump out of her skin. Looking back, she saw him slip out the door and decided to follow. "I'll be right back," she whispered to Seth, "I'm gonna go see where Julian's going."

Walking out the door, she saw Julian not too far ahead of her and jogged to catch up. "Hey! Julian! Wait up!" AJ called, hoping the man would hear her.

TerribleTachi TerribleTachi Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Julian had just made his way to the bar and had taken a seat. He had been receiving looks - and when AJ called him, the eyes turned towards them almost doubled. However, the silver-haired man's expression did not change from it's general sorrowful look.
"Miss Schmidt," he said, resigned, and stood up to greet her again.

Walking over, she realized she was getting a lot of looks. "What, got a problem?" AJ said fairly loud, flipping off the people giving her looks. "Hey, Julian, what'd you leave for?" she asked, pulling up a stool and sitting next to him.

Julian took his seat once again, nodding to the bartender.
"I thought to get a drink while the rest of you interrogated the manager," he replied, his voice just low enough for AJ to hear him, "Would you care for one?" he asked with a wry smile.

Chuckling, AJ smirked. Quietly, and jokingly, she said, "Kiddie cocktail? Nah, I'm just joking, I'm good. If I want something, I'll just get a water."

The silver-haired man nodded, slightly distracted as the bartender set his drink on the bar. He looked at the liquid and sighed, before turning to AJ again, "Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Oh, no, I just wanted to see where you were going. Besides, I didn't want you not having anyone to watch your back, especially now that you're drinking." AJ said, smirking and nudging Julian's shoulder with her own.

Julian smiled fleetingly, nodding almost imperceptibly. "I appreciate your concern," he replied, "But I assure you, I'll be fine. I could use a moment alone."

"All right, if you say so," AJ replied, "but if you need anything, just yell." Walking away, AJ decided to go see if they had made any progress with the manager.

Walking back into the back room, where everyone else was, AJ walked over to Seth. "Made any progress yet?" she asked.

V e r t i g o V e r t i g o Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Seth raised an eyebrow. Sance's method was rather unprecedented, but convincing nonetheless. The Boss, however, appeared resistant to the technique. "I'm only auditioning one bitch tonight, girlie." He waved her off, not even taking his eyes off the dancer. Try your luck somewhere else. And you! I didn't say stop dancin'."
Seth's nails cut into his own skin. He couldn't contain his fury any longer. "Hey! Watch your-"
The Boss stood up then, flicking his eyes between them. "Watch your own tongue, Witcher." He spat. "Oh don't give me that look. I know everything that goes on in this city, including its little secret.

AJ stepped back in, and Seth muttered in reply, "Not quite yet." This guy was hiding something, he just knew it. "...We're trying to help you out here. What's with the-" Before Seth could finish, however, the owner turned into a bat and swiftly flew out through a ventilation shaft. "...Dammit." So the dude was a vampire. How he managed to smell human was beyond Seth. "That bastard has to be the killer, who knows where he's got to now."

Before Seth could even begin to wonder where the shaft led, the bouncer and a few board-wielding henchmen trudged through the door.
The bouncer cleared his throat before pulling a handgun from his waistcoat. "Sorry fellas but the boss-man just told me he wants you lot dead. Nothing personal."

With an annoyed groan, Seth slipped his steel sword from its sheath.

Seeing the bouncer and henchmen walk through the door, AJ sighed and grabbed her bow off her back. "Do you guys really wanna go through with this?" she asked, pulling out a regular arrow. After all, there was no need to waste the special ones. Backing up, AJ climbed onto the small stage, where the girl was shaking in fear. "Don't worry, everything'll be fine." AJ muttered to the girl, standing in front of her with an arrow nocked and ready to shoot.

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak V e r t i g o V e r t i g o

Sance sighed audibly and switched forms again. She pulled her blade from the ground and swung it out in front of her. "I was really hoping it wouldn't have to come to this," she cracked the bones in her neck and stepped beside Seth and looked up at him. "Which one do you want?" She said with a sly grin, two sharp teeth poking out. Her whole demeanor had changed drastically. She giggled and eyed the men again.

"It really is a shame, you'll all end up burning for eternity." She shrugged, tightening her grip on her sword.

Seth scratched his chin. "The guy with the fleshy abdomen on the left. Ought to save me blunting my blade."
The henchman, who overheard this, suddenly didn't looks so eager to fight.
"Less talking, more dying." The bouncer straightened his bow tie, cracking shots at the trio. Seth managed to avert the guy's terrible aim and rolled behind a table, which he took the liberty of flipping over.
"Stabbin' time." Seth exclaimed, hopping up onto the stage from his cover, using the extra height to get some momentum on his attacker. The lackey held up his barbed baseball bat to block the blow, but Seth's sword sliced through it like butter, halfing the guy as if he had a zipper running down his body.

The bouncer, not quite comfortable having Seth so close, shoved a goon into his place and retreated outside.

As the bouncer left, AJ jumped off the stage and quietly followed him. Pulling the arrow back, she prepared to shoot, when he ducked into the bar. "Shit!" AJ muttered, putting away the bow and arrow. Walking into the bar, she saw the bouncer walking towards Julian. Pulling her bow and an arrow back out, she aimed for the legs of the bouncer and shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back