• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Chronicles of the Vale

Characters
Here
Volkru "It's no big deal, It wasn't your fault" Soon the waitress brought over a rag and set down two ales on the table. Volkru quickly began drying himself off, hoping that his scales wouldn't be left feeling sticky, but it was one of the moments where he was glad that he didn't often wear a shirt. After he was done drying off he sat back down, grabbing an ale and downing half of it in one go.

He held the mug in his hand looking up toward the music with little interest. It wasn't that he didn't like the music, he in fact very much enjoyed it, but it was the person playing that he wasn't very fond of. He did his best to hold his tongue, only grumbling some to himself, there was no use to start an argument with the tiefling tonight, though Volkru had a feeling it could happen sooner or later.

Crito sat down at the table with Volkru, watching Nadia and that little unknown besides her perform. He took his time with his ale, as he was in no rush to finish it, not like the Dragonborn besides him seemed to be in. His time at the table was mostly spent in utter silence which was interrupted occasionally by Volkru's mutterings which Crito's response was to glance towards the warrior.

Crito let out a quiet sigh, before speaking "I can understand, why you would dislike the tiefling. Your race and her's doesn't have the greatest of histories, after all. But I imagine that your not petty enough to dislike her for the misdeeds of her ancestors, well at least I hope your not"
Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Heavenchi Heavenchi

401890-49531e77c53839b51153f9c4a42fa07c.jpg

Nadia grins. "Unfortunately the moon is a tougher crowd than a bunch of drunks" she replied with a giggle. "Now- try being social again. This time, use your voice". With that she left the other bard alone to sit in the corner by herself and take a bit of a snooze.​

Colin nods and marches back over to the table where Crito and Volkru are seated. Taking a deep breath and screwing up her courage she speaks up. “H...he...hello, I-im Cuh-Colin. Ni-uh-nuh-nice to... to meet y-y-you”

Armand looked over at her, he had been in silence for a while, but noticed her effort at trying to communicate. He found it almost...noble. As he sighed he slowly reached out his hand.

"My name is Armand. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said, an almost smile appearing on his face.

Colin extends her own hand and takes Armand’s to awkwardly shake it smiling nervously. “S-sa-same to y-y-you S...suh...sir”

Armand smiled slightly before letting go of the hand, he acted almost as awkward as she did, he wasn't very used to being social.

Volkru Taking his attention away from the music and bringing it to Crito, he raised a brow as he listened. Letting out a soft sigh, Volkru took a hearty drink from his mug before speaking, leaving only a small portion of the ale left. "I try not to, but growing up in my homeland and being raised as a warrior has..." He paused thinking of the best words, not sure if could explain it correctly. " Well, it left me with a certain mindset. One I hope to someday change, but it is difficult to see good in people who you have grown up learning to hate or feel anger toward. That being said, I do try my best to hold my tongue and not judge, but I grew up on what many would call horror stories about the old war. And training every day with a weapon in my hand and a thought of battle in my mind didn't help much with it either."

After he was finished speaking he brought his attention to the new arrival of the group. "Nice to make your acquaintance, the name's Volkru." Volkru gave a little nod to the girl before finishing the rest of his ale. Placing the glass down on the table and deciding he had had enough to drink, at least for now, he watched the girls behavior. She seemed nervous, more than anyone else he has met in the past. It made him wonder what she was so afraid or fearful of, but he didn't seem to care enough to ask. That and he didn't wish to make her more fearful by trying to pry.

Colin sinks down into a chair at the table her nervous grin only widening as she lifts a hand to wave in acknowledgment of Volkru. Her hand shakes so violently she has to grasp her wrist with her other hand to steady it.

If Crito disapproved of the answer, then the orc didn't let it show on his face but did give the reptile, a nod to indicated he was listening, it seemed to be the only Crito way could respond at the moment.

He took a drink of his ale, before setting it back down onto the table, before he began tilting his chair back in thought, for while he truly did appreciate that Volkru in spite of his heritage, Did make an attempt to not let the "Horror Stories" of the war influence him in the now. But he felt if he were to say something on the line of "Well, all that matters is that you try" then it be nothing but him condescending the Dragonborn.

So, with honestly nothing to say Crito leaned his chair back into its proper position. Finished his ale and followed Volkru's lead. and introduced himself to the seemingly terrified girl who recognized from earlier as the girl who performed alongside Nadia "Crito Olympus Gadfly, at your service"
Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 GlassRainGerman GlassRainGerman

Colin makes sure she directs a smile at the orc too. She knew the first impressions she made with the other adventurers had to be positive else when push came to shove she’d likely be abandoned to the monsters they encountered.

Volkru He watched the girl curiously before looking away. He wouldn't be able to understand the girls fear of the group, he understood that everyone feared something, but this never seemed to be on one of those lists in his mind.

After a short moment, Volkru turned toward back toward the table and everyone there. "So, besides the usual get together, is there a reason we're all here?" Volkru didn't want to sound as if he was getting impatient, he honestly didn't mind getting with everyone occasionally, but he was curious if there was anything anyone wanted to bring up. Better to get all the details out now before he decided if he wanted any more to drink.

Armand was getting a little drowsy, mostly from his wound. He thought about what could make the feeling go away before stating again, “Can we please begin discussing why were here today. I assure you the tavern will be here by the time we’re finished.” he says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back