• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Chronicles of the Vale

Characters
Here

Rusty of Shackleford

Ten Thousand Club
It was a tale...
A legend spread through the lands...
Before the rise of the kingdom of Bryne...
Before the races conquered the skies...
The heroes gathered...
Like many before them...
On the night of ashes...
These are their chronicles...

The Lucky Gnome Taphouse. A center for many a citizen of Fallcrest. Well, as much as a center as the other inns and taverns. The place was packed, as were the streets. It was the Night of Ashes, a celebration of how heroes defeated a red dragon centuries ago. It involved lighting fires, burning effigies, wearing masks and costumes, and of course, drunken revelry. The Ash King's Throne was chief among all of these, with a massive fake dragon burning atop a hay bales while drunken men and women in costumes danced around it. It was maybe a couple of blocks from the Lucky Gnome, which was slowly being filled even more.

Among the revelers was a man, a dark cloak draped across his shoulders. A hood obscured his face, a stubble visible to those who paid attention. In the corner was a table, reserved for a group of heroes who met up periodically. The man sat down, a short blonde girl smiling as she approached and said sarastically, "So, where are ya from stranger?" The man laughed, pulling his hood down to reveal his face. It was of course, Lukas Brightwall. Resident thief, troublemaker, and adventerer. The young man leaned back in his chair, saying, "Oh, probably never heard of it. Give me the usual." The girl nodded, saying, "Coming g right up, Ser!" He smiled, sighing as he waited for the others.

A man of a very thin stature arrived shortly after, his armor making up a bulk of his size. The man's greyish blue hair was swept over to conceal one of his eyes. He looked around, analyzing the crowd before he took a few more steps inside. Armand Hellebore, one of the Knights of the throne. Usually he came here to watch the place for potential leads for bounties, or to generally preserve the peace. Bar fights, duels or your usual asshole trying to get with the workers, he's seen and stopped it all. This time, however, he was here for a different reason.

He sat down at one of the adjacent chairs, sighing. "You have no idea how hard it is to catch a break around here..." the man said, his pike being slumped onto the ground. He had broken up a fight earlier, which resulted in a gash on his left leg.

Colin Syren sits down at the reserved table and almost instantly begins fidgeting. It felt like everyone in the tavern was staring at her and it made her skin crawl. She hoped that Nadia would arrive soon, Nadia had a way of charming any situation whether it was with her silver tongue or her silver flute. Colin dug her fingernails into the table to steady herself so she wouldn’t faint and make a scene in the busy establishment. Her nerves had made it near impossible for her to order a drink and she was downing mugs of beer like it was the end of the world. “Dia where are you?” she mumbles unaware that there was already somebody at the table.

tumblr_p4d34pCojh1r6sg7so1_1280 - Edited.png
Nadia walked into the Lucky Gnome Tap House with a slight smirk on her face. She sported a cream colored off the shoulder dress with lightly puffed sleeves.The collar was heavily embroidered with nuts, leaves, twinkles and flowers. A dark turquoise bodice emphasized her hourglass waist and flared out her cream colored dress's skirt which reached the top of her knees. On her feet she wore black boots that barely went past her ankles. A heavy gold necklace, aquamarine earrings and horn trinkets finished off her look. She woke up a hour early so she could look her best. Deciding she wanted to be noticed with a bang, she whipped out her silver flute that had her name engraved on the side. "A majority of them remember me for my music" she thought as her yellow eyes darted across the room. A wide grin appeared on her face, showing her fang like teeth when she laid eyes on her favorite bard beside herself, Collin. Dramatically, she twirled over to the table reserved for the bunch, her skirt spiraling around her. Whistles and "whoops" were sent her way - she loved making a scene. When she was just a little less than a foot away from the table, she played a high note, one that would awaken the senses before turning abruptly and dramatically bowing for the onlookers. Turning on her heel, she paused for a moment and just stared at Lukas and Collin. "Guess. Who's. Here~" she chimed winking at Collin. "Lukas my favorite rogue! Long time to no see, why, you haven't aged a day" she commented as she strapped her flute back onto her waist. "Colly up up" she insisted, turning her attention back to the hybrid, spreading her arms in hopes for a hug, eyes twinkling with old memories.

A expression of relief spreads across Colin’s face and she gets to her feet with zero hesitation to hug Nadia tightly. “Dia! I was worried you’d gotten tangled up in something and wouldn’t come” She says with a calm sigh. After breaking from the hug Colin sits back down and pats the spot next to her for Nadia to sit.

Crito sat near the windows, so he'd be able to take notes of the many rambunctious activities occurring outside. Where he a more social creature he'd likely be taking part in the revelry, he'd possibly drinking other under the tables winning coin with the unfair racial advantage of being an Orc. But he unlike many of his kind preferred his mind to be on top of things.

"What I'd wouldn't give to be a social gadfly, but alas meekness is a curse I'll have to suffer" He quietly lamented before he took a sip from his ale

Armand wasn't silent as the others found there way in one by one, his wound would heal, but at the moment jab stung like a hot iron. He was the only one no to enthused by the entrance of Nadia, as his demeanor was strictly that of business at the moment.
"I ask that we tone the music down, I can barely think."

Armand wasn't silent as the others found there way in one by one, his wound would heal, but at the moment jab stung like a hot iron. He was the only one no to enthused by the entrance of Nadia, as his demeanor was strictly that of business at the moment.
"I ask that we tone the music down, I can barely think."
The Orc looked towards the human paladin, with a raised eyebrow. Was the tieflings music, so distracting to the paladin? "Let her be, Music is the one weapon whose hits doesn't inflict pain. So little melodious sound will bring you or anyone else harm "

"Maybe so, ''tis a weapon nonetheless." The man retorted, his tone not changing. "Besides, music is meant for victory, and as I see it the battle hasn't yet to begin..." he seems a little on edge, most likely due to his injury, which left him in a slightly weakened state at the moment.

Colin let out a soft hiss through her teeth at Armand and glared at him with narrowed eyes. She made a rude hand gesture at him before turning her attention back on more pleasant things.

Nadia released Collin from her bear hug and gave her a light skin on the forehead leaving a black kiss mark before turning towards Crito. Her favorite Ork. Well, he was the only ork she knew but nonetheless. "Crito!" she exclaimed, walking towards him, not giving Armand the time of day. "How have you been? For a man of your size you always seem to evade my notice" she teased playfully, extending her arms slightly in hopes she'd get a hug from him too. "Don't mind that grump," she started glaring in the direction of Armand. Her stare lightened softly when she saw his wound. "I could make you relax . . . " she offered looking at the paladin 's wound while her arms stayed extended for that hug.​

( Sorry for the late reply, I was waiting to see if Rusty would respond )

"Last time I 'relaxed' I lost half my platoon at Sindel's Straight..." Armand said, namedropping a location probably not important to the story. He seemed unangered by the hand gesture, he was always the kind to let things like that slide. "So no thank you. Besides, being on my guard has always kept me alive."

Heavenchi Heavenchi
Crito found the paladin's answer interesting. so he was sure to write his words down in his notebook, but stopped when he heard someone addressing him, he could see a familiar figure, but without his glasses, he couldn't be certain on who was speaking to him, so he quickly shut his journal and he put on his glasses, and with his vision cleared, he saw his favorite bard "Nadia!" he stood up from his seat and picked her up in a embrace.

The bard one of the few who could pull him out of his shell.

Last edited:
Colin grips her mug tightly and forced herself not to intervene. She knows Nadia can handle a mere brush-off paladin without any help but that doesn’t ease the sting she feels listening to Armand’s comments.

Nadia gasped, surprised how easily Crito picked her up. "Good to see you too old friend" she stated patting him on the back. Hearing Armand's words made her face crinkle into a frown. "Or maybe the reason you lost half of your platoon is because you worked them bone dry with all that "guard" you have stored up" she snapped, twisting the silver band that kept her partly braided hair intact in annoyance. "Anyhow," she exclaimed, trying to get off the subject. "Shall we see if we can catch up to Collin, drinking wise?" she inquired, glimpsing at the drink in the other bard's hand. From the looks of it, that wasn't her first.​

"The reason doesn't matter. Either way, their blood is on my hands..." The Paladin responded, not looking her in the eyes, he seemed to blame himself for what happened that day.

He tried to take his mind off of it by tightening the rag around his wound. He kicked over his face guard, which he had carried in, by accident. A long gash through the metal penetrated the right eye socket of the mask, the same eye that his hair now covered up.

Last edited:
“I’m on my fourth mug heh heh” Colin says with a giggle but then flinches looking at Armand’s face and downs the rest of her current mug before getting up to get more beer.

Nadia shook her head, a small smile on her face. "For such a cutie you hold you liquor so well" she commented playfully, walking towards her friend with a grin plastered on her face. Pausing to stare at Armand's wound she sighed. "You need a drink" she stated, ordering two cups of ales. "So, what've you been up to since our last get together?" she asked curiously to Collin, now sitting besides her.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back