• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Chronicles of the Vale

Characters
Here
“There’s some bonuses to having elven blood that makes it harder to get drunk” Colin says jokingly. “One of the sailors down at the docks told me that he’s seen my father! He even told me where my father might be now” she says excitedly. “What about you? Anything interesting happen to you since our last gig together?”

Nadia smiled, happy the younger bard was excited. Taking a swig of her newly arriving drink she shook her head. "Nope, just the usual. Going around, doing bardly things" she joked, smiling wider at the word "bardly". Turning away from a Collin momentarily she instructed the waiter to give the other drink to Armand. "Where might he be anyhow?" inquired Nadia, curious on what info Colin had required.​

Armand grumbled a bit, but ultimately accepted the drink, he hadn't had anything to drink all day. He gave a soft thank you, more out of reflex to be polite than anything, before taking a soft sip of it.

Colin giggles at the usage of the word ‘bardly’ and then answers Nadia’s question. “The Misty Isles, there’s going to be a big gathering of sealfolk there during the next lunar eclipse and my father is going to be present for the gathering. At least thats what the sailor told me, he might have been lying but i cant help being hopeful” Colin relays giddily.

Last edited:
Nadia waves her free hand in the direction of Armand in acknowledgment of his thank you, not taking her attention from Collin. "I'm happy for you, do you remember what he looks like?" she asked curiously, swirling her cup lightly gazing into the miniature twister.

“No he escaped from my mother before i was born... Selkies don’t stay on land unless they’re forced too. I’ve only seen him in pictures and in his letter to me on my sixteenth birthday” Colin says with a shrug.

( It's a bit late/dry - so shall we "end" it for the night? )

Volkru Volkru was running late as he walked through the town. He had lost track of time while walking through the area right outside of town. Taking a moment to relax he looked around at the festivities going on in town before slowly making his way over to the tavern to meet up with the usual group he had been sitting with. Ignoring most of the people he passed Volkru made his ways into the door of the tavern and looked around the busy business, quickly spotting the table that the group usually sat at.

He made his way through the crowd, not being afraid to nudge someone a bit occasionally to get them to move some. He swiftly swung a chair around and sat down, ordering two ales from one of the waiters before they had passed by him. He gave them a charming smirk as they set down two large mugs in front of him.

Chucking one down quickly and placing the now empty mug on the table with a thud he wiped his mouth and look at the small group thhat had formed as if nothing happened. "I see everyone is as talkative as ever..." He muttered in a softer tone before grabbing hold of the second ale.
(sorry I'm late, just got off work)

Crito after having to let go of his favorite Tiefling had made a move from his original table to take a seat alongside his friends, but on his way from his table with his drink before he suddenly fell to the floor, thanks to another patron who (with a noticeable buzz going, mind you) decided it was a wise decision to put his leg out so to trip the massive orc.

"ow" The Philosopher muttered as he rose from the floor, but immediately stiffened when he saw his ale had landed & splashed onto Volkru
"Sorry"
Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Volkru With a coating of ale now covering Volkru's golden scales he quickly stood, looking down at the orc displeased and clearly a bit upset. He looked away from the orc for only a second as he saw a group at the table nearby, clearly giggling and laughing about the situation. It was clear they were too far into the booze for their own good.

Volkru looked back at Crito, his face softening some as he understood it wasn't his fault. "You know, I prefer to drink my ale, not wear it Crito." he spoke in his usually soft voice, trying not to make it seem that he was too upset, at least not at him.

Armand sat in silence for a while, he understood he probably wasn’t the easiest to strike up a conversation with. He instead went about shining his weapon with a rag. Eventually, his own thoughts became too much to bear, and he decided to break the silence.

“So...shall we discuss why were here?”

Volkru With a coating of ale now covering Volkru's golden scales he quickly stood, looking down at the orc displeased and clearly a bit upset. He looked away from the orc for only a second as he saw a group at the table nearby, clearly giggling and laughing about the situation. It was clear they were too far into the booze for their own good.

Volkru looked back at Crito, his face softening some as he understood it wasn't his fault. "You know, I prefer to drink my ale, not wear it Crito." he spoke in his usually soft voice, trying not to make it seem that he was too upset, at least not at him.
Crito gave Volkru an embarrassed smiled, feeling both miffed and embarrassed, miffed cause of the buffoonery and embarrassed over this whole ordeal "I'm certain you do, but I'm truly sorry for this Volkru" He said looking around and spotting the group who tripped him cackling away like gnolls (Actually, he was certain, one of them was one) "it seems the revelry doesn't desire to stay outdoors." he stated in irritation

but with a few deep breaths, he decided it would be wise to let it go. And instead waved for a waitress to come over "Could you bring my friend here, a rag, two ales please"

Colin knew she’d have to get aqquainted with the rest of the table sooner or later, better now before her nerve ran out. She got to her feet, tentatively going over to Crito, and tapping his shoulder to get his attention. Colin figured the orc would be the easier than the druid to make make introductions with after seeing his greeting with Nadia. Once she had Crito’s attention she opened her mouth to speak but was unable to do more than a whisper. Colin started signing nervously hoping that the orc would understand. “I’m Colin, I’m Nadia’s friend. What’s your name?”

Lukas smiled as everyone took a seat, saying, "Welcome! Thought you guys had forgotten!" He nodded at each of them, saying his greetings before he got his meal. After that, he ate like nothing else. It was like watching a starving wolf eat the last scraps of it's pretty during winter, the waitress gigglimh as she took everyone else's order.
(Sorry fkr the wait! I'm dead tired right now! Wanted to get a post out.)

tumblr_p4d34pCojh1r6sg7so1_1280 - Edited.png
As Nadia gazed about the room, she declared festivities were in order. Hearing Armand's words she nodded. "We should discuss, but not now" she concluded, glimpsing in his direction. When Collin went over to Crito she smiled."Taking the lead in social interaction eh?" she thought, looking towards the other bard, pleased. Abruptly Nadia began chugging down her large cup of ale. After she was done she licked her lips in satisfaction before jumping out her seat and unto the bar's counter. A wide grin plastered on her face. "In honor of us, in honor of peace" she declared loudly, twirling in place. Whoops and shouts of agreement were sent her way. After a moment of basking in the cheers she pulled out her flute and began to play. It began slow, calming the people causing them to bob their heads but no one felt a particular way. After a few minutes of this, Nadia abruptly played a high note and changed everything. She began tapping her foot, moving her weight from one leg to the next and spinning about. Her fingers went from one hole to the next at lightening speed, as her pace quickened so did the crowd's heartbeat. A few people jumped up and started dancing, resulting in laughter. The order of drinks increased as did the amount of people in the tavern. Men grabbed women and spun them about, cheers and shouts appeared soon after. It was truly a celebration. Glimpsing towards Collin, Nadia wiggled her eyebrows implying she wished for her to join in. "Let's make this a night to remember".

Armand grumbled at the sound of the flute, but didnt say anything about it, not like he could stop it even if we wanted to. He sat in silence for a while as Lukas showed up. He nodded his head in response to the greeting. "Why does it up like this every single time we meet..."

Colin gives up her nervous attempts to introduce herself to the orc and weaving her way over to where Nadia is at the bar. Her throat loosens up when she starts singing softly along to the melody that the other bard had been playing on the flute. Her voice got louder as she went into a drinking shanty tapping the string of bells bound to her hip as she does so. Colin nods in agreement to Nadia’s suggestion and continues singing sweetly.

401890-49531e77c53839b51153f9c4a42fa07c.jpg

In the mood to challenge her friend, Nadia played louder and became more expressive with her notes. When she played a high note, she jumped a bit, when she played a long one she swayed. Hoping down from the counter, she skipped around her friend before bumping her hip into Collin's. "Turn this tavern into you're stage" she thought, admiring her friend's vocals. Slowly she got lost in Collin's voice, rather than competing with it she began to harmonize with it's sweet melody, changing the rambunctious and active mood in the tavern to a calm and joyous one.​

Collin grinned and bumped Nadia’s hip back her bells jingling with the motion. She went on singing reveling in the way the tavern’s patrons seemed to fall in love with her song. “I could get used to this, helping people forget their troubles for a little while with music” She thought as she sweetened the current melody further yet.

401890-49531e77c53839b51153f9c4a42fa07c.jpg

Nieva was ecstatic. Mainly because all eyes were on her and Collin. But also because Collin was spreading her wings and seemed to be enjoying the spotlight. When Nadia played the last note, and Collin her last verse, she took a deep bow and grinned. "You've gotten better" Nadia commented, eyes twinkling with adrenaline.​

Colin bows as well once they’re finished. “I’ve been practicing alot so wouldn’t freeze up and it worked! But you’re still the master songweaver Dia” she says with a wide grin in response to Nadia’s comment. “I bet you could charm down the moon if you wanted too”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back