• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Cheesy romance

"You might not, but it's a fact. A third year should be better than a first year. It's essentially what defines a third year. But yes. Steph's cooking was mediocre at best. The sixth seat might be bad, but she will need to do A LOT more than that if she wants a chance to become an elite ten"

Maybe Nadine was just being modest earlier, maybe she was telling the truth. Who was to say until he would finally take a bite of the desert she was making for him? Nadine just sent him a sideways smile, "You don't need to tell me that." it was unclear what part she was referring to. Either way, they would have a while to wait before the cake was out of the oven, "There's something I wonder about you, especially after talking to you. I wonder if you can enjoy anything that isn't made by your own two hands."

"There is a lot of food from other chefs that i enjoy. All the chefs down to the fifth seat make some good food, my dad who also was a first seat back in the day and my mother. My mother makes mean pancakes" Said Adrian with a little smile for himself. "Do i really give that impression?"

"Good. The fewer that want me to taste test the better." Muttered Adrian "I can whip out some pancakes if you want to. Should be perfectly timed with your dish"

Nadine was quite surprised he offered to make pancakes, "Really? You don't need to, though I'd be delighted if you took over my kitchen."

Adrian took a last sip of the juice before getting up from the couch "Nah. It's rare that i cook for other reasons than competitions or restaurants. I think that cooking more for myself or others could help me find the fun in cooking" Said Adrian as he went into her kitchen. He took off his school blazer, revealing a formal shirt with the infamous elite ten badge. With an elegant golden "One" On it. "Could you ready a bowl for me? I'll grab the rest from the fridge"

Nadine smiled, "Of course~" she disn't even care anymore that he was making something for her, though that was amazing in itself, she was more concerned that he wanted to have fun. Something she said must have resonated with him. Whether he liked her cooking or not didn't matter, that was her peraonal victory. She stood again, grabbing another bowl for him from her cupboard. She loathed the cleanup later, but it would be worth it

Adrian grabbed the essential pancake ingredients such as milk and eggs. "Thanks" He said with an almost too dry tone. He poured the ingredients in the bowl and started stirring the pancake dough with quick brisk professional movements.

Nadine relaxed against the counter for a moment, taking another bite of bread. She just watched him work, watching what he added and trying to imagine the taste already, "Y'know, you're an interesting guy. First you invite me into your VIP box, you agree to come back here so I can make you cake, and now you're making me pancakes."

Last edited:
She frowned slightly, "No, just weird that I didn't think you would do it. You act like you're standing on a pedestal," she shrugged, then suddenly grabbed a cup with a little pour spot from it and filled it to the brin with water, "I don't blame you. You're good and everyone else walks on eggshells around you. That has to get old after a while" she left the kitchen and went to a sliding glass door that led to a tiny balcony. After stepping through she started watering a few potted plants that looked like common herbs like basil, oregano, and mint

"For me, as long as i'm the best, nothing else matters. As long as nobody can challenge my cuisine, i'll be satisfied." Said Adrian with a slight frown. But she did have a small point. It did kind of get old with all the mediocre chefs that never even held a candle to him.

She returned, the cup now empty. She spoke softly, "It looks like it gets lonely at the top though, especially up on that pedestal of yours."

Adrian paused for a second. His eyes looked down. It DID get lonely. Especially with my attitude. "it matters not if i'm lonely or not, as long as i'm the best. If that's the prize i must pay, then so be it"

"I don't think you should have to be lonely to still be on top. At the very least, I won't be walking on eggshells around you," the way she said it sounded like a promise

"What do I know, right?" she laughed, oddly cold in a way, then grabbed a couple plates that he would eventually need. When she was done, she went back to sit in the chair

While she was gone, Adrian busted out his favorite ingredient. Sugar! He waited till the first pancake was roasted, and then took it off the pan. He with extreme precision cut up the pancake, and repeated the process with the next three pancakes he made. After doing so, he poured sugar on the pan and roasted the sliced pancakes with the sugar.

Nadine tried to see what he was doing from where she sat, but part of her vision was obscured by his body standing in the way. Whatever he was doing, it smelled wonderful and a smile returned to her face. As much as he was an ass, he knew his way around a kitchen and she was looking forward to these pancakes

"Jesus, how sweet are you making these pancakes?" she laughed before finally standing up again and going to the freezer to fish out two tubs, "One is vanilla, the other is black cherry"

She replaced the vanilla in the freezer, then walked over to him to hand in the black cherry ice cream

"Thanks. Pancakes are ready in 5 minutes." Said Adrian, as he finished roasting the sugar pancakes. He took out two eating bowls, and by using a spoon he placed a scoop in the middle of each bowl, and surrounded it with the pancakes. As a final touch, he added chocolate sauce around the ice cream. When he was done, two stunningly decorated bowls were ready to be eaten. He picked up the bowls and joined her "Food is ready"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back