• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Cheesy romance

LoveDoctorBlaze

I liek meme :D
Oh boy. Looks like i have been invited to yet another MEDIOCRE battle between the shitty sixth seat and some random students who thinks they are hot shit. Now difference is, usually i get to skip the bloody things, but this time i had to be there as tournament overseer because i am the first seat. Fucking bonkers.

Adrian looked at the huge crowd waiting to enter the giant tournament hall and watch the battle. The chef rolled his eyes and walked straight past the huge line. He noticed a girl who was outside the line with a rather dejected look. She looked sad even. Adrian approached her "Are you alright?" He asked casually. It wouldn't hurt to be nice to your fellow students.

Nadine sat outside the tournament hall on a bench, her head in her hands. This was a tournament she had been excited about for a while. For one, it was between two high-ranking bakers in the school and she was going to take this as a learning opportunity. Secondly, one of the contestants was her friend and she wanted to go in for emotional support. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. She couldn't get in the door because she didn't have her student ID and she was short on cash for a visitor ticket. She just had to listen from here and hope to get a play-by-play later

The voice of the stranger startled her, "Oh!" where did she recognize his face from again?
"Ahh, yeah, I'm fine," she answered with a sigh, "I just can't get in the door, and if I ran to get my stuff the tickets would sell out. It doesn't matter anymore..." she stood up and brushed off her butt, "Thanks for asking, I guess."

By now. A lot of attention was Adrian from the other students, which made him slightly uncomfortable. "I see..." Said Adrian carefully. He has yet to see someone so sad over such a match. "Well, you can join me if you want to. I have other matters to attend to than watching this tournament anyways." Said Adrian and turned around towards his VIP room

Nadine perked up, a smile erupting on her face, "Oh thank you so much! You won't even notice me, I'll be a fly on the wall!" She zipped her lips and walked in next to him. That's when she realized who she was talking to, the star of the school. Her heart completely exploded, and she had to hold her hands in her pockets to keep from showing how shaky she was

The blonde haired guy nodded "Good. I have a distaste for loudness" Said Adrian as they went up the stairs to the VIP box. The box was simple. It had a luxurious sofa and a wooden desk with a chair in the back of the room. Adrian took a seat in the back and started going through some paperwork

Nadine followed him through the hall silently, wanting to scream for not even recognizing her own student body president. God! She was the biggest fucking idiot on the planet! She barely got into the school a year ago and worked her ass off to stay in, yet she couldn't recognize the guy they all unanimously agreed was the best of the best. Moron. She wasn't even sure where to sit, but it wasn't like she wanted to bother Adrian anymore than she already had. For now she just ignored the stares sent her way - wondering who the stranger was in the VIP box. She just found a seat closeby, her hand covering her mouth as she waited for the event to start

Adrian was writing down stuff on paper with a rather disinterested look. If there was one thing he hated from this position, then it would be all the damn extra work he had to do. Such a waste of time. Couldn't they just make some other low life elite ten do it? With a curious glance, Adrian looked up to where his guest was sitting. She looked really tense. Should he lighten the mood? "Would you like some tea?" He asked suddenly

At first, Nadine didn't really realize that Adrian was talking to her. Her back was turned to him, but only after hearing silence from everyone else towards his question, she turned to him and answered, removing her hand from her mouth, "I don't, ah.. a glass of water would be just fine with me, thank you."

Adrian rolled his eyes and prepped some water for her, whilst getting himself some tea. After brewing his tea, Adrian approached her with a glass of water in hand. "Here you go" He said, and took a seat next to her

Nadine watched Adrian for a moment, taking the water from him when he finally came over. She waited for him to sit down before taking a couple small sips, then held the glass on her lap. Another quiet moment later she said, "Thank you. For the water and for letting me sit here. I would've been upset if I missed this - I know she'll lose, but I want to be here to support my friend."

"Well... I wouldn't say that... they earned being in the top ten just like the rest of them did" Nadine took another sip of water, "Either way, I know I can learn from them today. Body of them on that stage are much better than I am now."

Adrian just scoffed. He did not agree with her, and didn't want to end up discussing stuff with her. "Are you a first year?" Asked Adrian as he took a sip from the tea. The nice and warm flavor spread through his body as he leaned further back.

Nadine wasn't so much pleased at his scoff, thinking he was being a little too judgemental, but she didn't argue with him any more, "3rd year, but I transferred in last year from Hensen," it was some private culinary school. Why was she telling him this? He wouldn't care, "Apparently I still look like a first year..." she rubbed at her lips with her index finger for a second before sitting back in the chair

"I don't base skill on years. I work hard but my friend has a natural talent and creativity for what she does, and I believe that should be recognized." She spoke more highly of others than for herself and the tone resembled that. Though it may have been her own modesty, who was to say who was better without first seeing them work

"I see. Well, talent is all fine and dandy, but at some point, these talents will meet a hurdle. A hurdle they won't be able to jump over because they aren't used to working hard. If you work hard, you'll surpass and overcome. As long as you have the drive and the will to become something, you will." Said Adrian. Truth be told, he wasn't talented. Or rather, he only recently developed his talent. His entire climb was through hard and bone bleeding work, and it pissed him off that people used talent as an excuse

Nadine smiled, looking much more relaxed than she was moments ago, "You're right about that." For a short while as a kid she had that natural talent, but being humbled by others set her ass straight, and she learned from that. Afterwards she had a better mind for learning and hard work to play catch-up, and it's been a harsh climb the last year. She attributed whatever success she had to learning from those around her

Jokingly she stuck her tongue out at him, "Maybe one day I'll be giving you a run for your money~" her tone absolutely wasn't serious and she didn't believe she would be on his level anytime soon

Adrian raised his eyebrows "Oh? Is that so? Be careful fellow third year. Bark at a wolf and you might find it howling back" Said Adrian with a little less joking tone.

"NOW, LOOKS LIKE THE MATCH IS OVER!" Announced the commentator. Adrian looked out at the two plates presented. "Ah, ribs with potatoes huh? And judging from the color of the sauce, it's probably made of Honey and ketchup. So spareribs. Quite the safe dish, a bit boring too" Muttered Adrian

Nadine sighed, hoping she would have seen something more spectacular from her friend, "Oh Steph, the eyes got to you, huh?" She shook her head then looked back to Adrian, "You think it'll be rubbing salt in the wound if I make her some cookies later?"

"Depends on how much she likes cookies. Anyways. I need to get down there as a taste judge. You're welcome to join me, but please do not talk" Said Adrian with a gentle smile, contrary to his completely arrogant personality

Nadine's heart basically exploded once again from the nerves, but how could she deny this? She sent him a wide smile, "I'll be quiet as a mouse," she set down her water then stood, "Lead the way."

As Adrian walked down the stairs to the tasting table, the entire stadium went quiet. Whispers could be heard like wind about Adrian. Even the judges visibly paled. The blonde haired guy walked up to the ribs presented before him. He looked over at Steph. "Any words before i try this dish?" Asked Adrian

The small girl paled before Adrian, but then she noticed Nadine behind him, hanging in the back, and the look on her face was more confused than anything else. She merely shook her head, awaiting her fate, as if she knew exactly what he would say

"I see... From the smell alone, i can predict that your sauce is cooked really well, but not to perfection. A damn shame really, since it would be able to bring out the true flavor of the ribs. Now..." He took the knife and fork and started gently spreading the ribs apart. It didn't work. His eyes darkened as he looked her straight in the eyes, but he didn't say a word as he cut out the meat instead. Adrian looked at the meat and then back at her, before taking a bite. He chewed it for some seconds with closed eyes, before scoffing. "Pathetic..." He muttered and placed the plate down again as he walked away. "Make somebody else taste the rest. Frankly, i don't feel like eating more of it" He said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back