• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Charwell Guild

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Mentioned: Lenny2000 Lenny2000 MaraZipan MaraZipan thefierysiren thefierysiren

Myrrl rolled with Lark again, allowing her to get off easily so that she wouldn't have to strain herself or risk losing her balance. The moment she was off the hovering third shield descended to clip into place over his back once more.

Thanks for the ride!

As best as a gnoll could manage, he smiled. For a brief moment, he set the shield down on his right arm and waved the same way he had seen Acamen do. However, there were people to help. He picked that same shield back up and hefted it, then turned to look at the crowd all trying to get an eyeful or see inside. He raised large, powerful arms and waved them slowly, the shields working like giant fans to blow hot wind that smelled of beer. "Go." Myrrl's quiet demeanor was not helpful now, as people wanted to know what was going on. However, he raised his voice and called out in his deep bass tones: "Go! Please. Go!"

let the guild know I loved them all no matter what and if i do not return to the party by midnight,
Consider me as dead ....

Myrrl didn't quite understand what Illyria was getting at, but he nodded anyway. Slowly, the onlookers began to scatter. As city guards arrived Myrrl took the time and effort to explain the situation, working with them to corral and push back the throngs of people. As soon as he could, he would break away from the perimeter to head inside.

MaraZipan MaraZipan BFabulous BFabulous TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL

The gnoll followed the scent of Acamen back down the halls, this way and that, coming to the nurse's office before stopping in the doorway. Here was Acamen and Roya, speaking to each other while Isla was clearly being treated by the nurse. His upper lip curled as he idled there, eventually realizing he was blocking the doorway. Walls of steel and spikes that served as his shields were set down against the wall outside, the armored canid ducking his head to enter. "Mm," he offered in greeting as he approached.

entropic entropic

Sleep came to a very abrupt end as she was shaken awake from a man she had never seen. On any other day, Beltari would have assumed it was a new recruit who had come to fetch her on the request of Acamen, however, today had been a bit rough so that was not her first assumption. Almost jumping out of bed, Beltari lifted the great sword at on the floor beside her bed and pointed it at the front of his torso. Her brain had barely enough time to turn on her ears before she heard are you strong enough to move? Suddenly shaken to realization at what she had almost done, Beltari released her connection with the sword, immediately dropping it onto her bed.

"S-sorry. Today's-today's been a rough day..." shook her head a bit and stood up. "Yeah. I should be..." Her shoulder was still in a great deal of pain, but at least the bleeding had stopped. The wound was still very red and blood had dried around where she seared the cut closed. "I just need to see a medic to get my wound checked out."

Beltari seemed very hesitant to accept help from this new person, but accepted it none the less. She then noticed the horrible shape of her door.
Perfect. Another thing that'll have to be fixed, after my entire library system.

OrWangatan OrWangatan entropic entropic TheFalconSinOfLies TheFalconSinOfLies
Lark blinked in surprise when the stranger walked up to her and offered to open the door. Was he a veteran guildmate or another recruit like her? Whatever he was, she was grateful for his help even if it would cause more damage to the already damaged hall. She wasn't quite expecting him to break the door the way he did, and the look she gave him said so, but she couldn't complain. They were in.

She hovered in the doorway taking in the amount of destruction that had taken place while the one who'd broken the door addressed her friend. She silently promised that she'd be there to help when it was time to clean the place. She was startled from her reverie as the newcomer barked out his salutation and she turned to stare bewildered at his back. Is that what she sounded like when she was anxious? If so, she really needed to work on that.

Lark nearly jumped out of her skin when Beltari sat up abruptly and pulled out a greatsword and felt fear fighting to claw it's way out of her throat in the form of a scream. Before it succeded, the tiefling had realized what she was doing and lowered her blade. She let out a shaky sigh of relief and it took her a few moments before she realized that Beltari probably didn't even know she was there.

"H-hi," she stuttered peeking out from behind the dark haired boy. "I'm glad you're okay." Although she could see that okay was a relative term as she took a step closer. Her mind registered the word 'wound' just seconds before her nose did.

Rrrrrip. Tearrrr. Killll. Echoed faintly in her head in a sinister voice that was not her own. She absentmindedly fingered the ring on her left hand. It was a combination of the enchantment on the ring and the blood being dried and not fresh than kept the curse's bloodlust at bay. Still, something was ever so slightly off about her tone when she continued to speak. "We'll go with you. Right?" she said looking back to where the guy who came with Luce had been. "I'll even help you put your room back together." she offered trying to sound hopeful.

Dacia and Illyria
None mentioned

Since the battle has started Dacia turns to his cleaver first and starts to sing to himself as he tried to visualize the life threatening battle as merely a game to lower any stress. For Illyria his mind has been drastically complicated as it fights between depression and anger.

Dacia takes the first swipe as it slashed across Illyria's chest, breaking through any armor with ease, a critical blow as Illyria finally snapped out of it but was too late , Davis was giving a flurry of deadly cleaver strikes across his chest and one that chopped off illyria's arm. Grunting with pain Illyria bashes Dacia with a swing of his mace as his body flies backwards, going a good thirty feet backwards as the boy catches the landing this time, a massive wound across his chest makes him whimper lightly in pain but manages to pull it though " you got this keep going on .." Dacia tells himself as Illyria comes in speeding like a bullet, pulling his mace backwards as of ready to strike .

Dacia gets himself back up and realized this is the moment... he spedily charged Illyria with faster speed as he holds the blade tightly pulling off to the side as he readies his weapon , closing his eyes as he screams in unpredictability of what is to happen .

Sliding onto his knees Dacia strikes as well as Illyria together. Both of the weapons clash as such speed and loudness created a sonic boom as both the mace and cleaver made contact. Opening his eyes Dacia realizes the weapons clashed.

Fighting for his life Dacia struggles against illyria's overpowering mace. He needed to act and fast... with a barrel roll Dacia narrowly avoids his death as illyria's mace slams Into the dirt that once stood The kid.

Given the opportunity to strike Dacia makes a critical blow as he amputated Illyria's left leg, now making him have to hobble. The favor of the battle leaning In Dacia.

Dacia tried to rise up only to fall back down as Illyria flailed his mace sideways as he previously expected Dacia's head to rise up to end it all. Dacia rotates his cleaver to the pointed piercing side of the blade as with a big grunt he used all of his available power to plunge the point at illyria's heart.

A loud gasp was spontaneous when he killing blow left its mark, Illyria drops his mace to look down at the foot long metal splitting his heart into two pieces as his body starts to convulse , not being able to survive a blow to the heart he falls to the ground dead as Dacia looks over the deceased body "
Goodnight sweet prince..." he murmured to Illyria before using his two fingers to close illyria's eyes.

There was now only one left...

It's been two minutes since the body has been dead as Dacia as already been wearing illyria's armor and gear, especially his weapons as he now wears on his neck the founding guild member tag. Lowering himself to the dead chaos he takes a bite of the rival body to now be him...

His appeareance changing , scent remade, scars reformed, and now looks exactly like Illyria... only problem is the conscious and personality as he has no idea of his rival's personality or his history, creating further problems for the future but at least he got most of the things down pat.

Pocketing the chaos necklace and all of his belongings he leaves his old armor and gear to the battle scene as he will have to be accustomed to the mace as it is a quite heavy object.

" now to the base..." Dacia sighs as he walks back to the guild headquarters before midnight, entering the hall as he continues to wander with his eyes as if he was back then, " I'm home..." he announced his presence as he looks around for anyone ( open to rp now )

Wyren quickly shot out a gasp at the sound of a girl clearly talking to him, and covering his mouth loosely with his right hand, he turned his head slightly to look at her.

Wyren listened to her as she was talking to him but he couldn't focus on her words. When Wyren cried people usually thought he looked scary, or straight up ignored him so he was surprised when it seemed like she was worried.

As Wyren thought to himself he heard the name Beltari, then he remembered he was suppost to be looking for her. Just as he snapped back into reality another person had joined them in the hall. It was a young boy but he didn't seem to be a kid.

Wyren let his hand down at his side, when the man asked him of he wanted a toffee. Wyren had stared at him for about 4 seconds then he let out a small chuckle, he didn't say anything after but he was happy that this man was in high spirits.

Wyren stepped back and let the girl in front of the door but the guy took his place in front of it, soon after he busted the door. Wyren took a step back as he stepped in, he waited outside for a moment before heading inside.

As soon as he stepped in, he saw Beltari pointing a sword at the young man. He was dumbstruck. From what Wyren had known of Beltari she was pretty harmless, he looked around the room and saw the burnt up books and the pages that were inside of them. He hated fire so it wasn't easy for him to be in a building that smelt like charred wood, and some other undeterred smell.

Once Beltari had put the sword down and heard her explain her hostile behavior he did feel a little bad for her. Wyren knew what type of day she had but wasn't able to comfort her about it, he was never good at comforting others.

TheFalconSinOfLies TheFalconSinOfLies thefierysiren thefierysiren OrWangatan OrWangatan

Wyatt's entire fighting style - if one could even call it that - was based around firing lightning from a given metal and just dodging until the metal returned to charge equilibrium: he was very, very good at dodging.
However, as Beltari's blade came lunging towards him, he was still too flustered to even attempt a dodge.
If she hadn't come to her senses...

Unfortunately, his composure crumbled again.
"Uh- s- I'm- s-s" he stammered, turning a brighter shade of red.
Wyatt, who was normally about as self-conscious as an average tree, had no idea why he was so nervous all of a sudden. Taking another moment to compose himself, walked over to get a closer look at the burns.
"I've played around enough with electricity to know a thing or two about burns. Lemme have a look." he said.
He took off his backpack, rummaged around it and produced a water bottle that he'd taken from one of the food stands earlier. He used half of it to clean the blood, before producing his little general purpose knife and cutting off a strip of his shirt sleeve, which he used to make a compress. Remarkably, he was able to do this without looking at Beltari's face: she had eyes that made it seem as though she could look into his soul and it made Wyatt feel a little strange to look at them for too long.
"The searing doesn't look too bad, but this ought to help any pain." he explained. "Hold that on there for a while and get to the nurse as soon as possible."

With that, he stepped back.
"Oh, yes, I forgot to mention! My name's Wyatt. I joined today! Nice to meet you all. I was with my teacher before she ran off to help with something or the other - I got lost and ended up here." he said, cheerily. He glanced over at Wyren, who looked a lot less upset than before.
"Ah! I owe you a toffee." he exclaimed before reaching into his pocket... and finding just thin air?
The toffees! They must have fallen when he was running!
"Uh. Maybe later." he mumbled, trying and failing to conceal his immense disappointment.

Entropy Entropy thefierysiren thefierysiren TheFalconSinOfLies TheFalconSinOfLies

A tad taken back by Lark's words she quickly composed herself, along with mounting the sword and shield back on her wall. Looking at the white haired girl, she slightly gestured to her dorm.

"I'm glad you're okay Lark, and I appreciate your offer. I really do. But-"

Beltar's room was of a very... particular set up. When you enter Beltari's room, her bed and a small desk are located to the immediate right, in the corner. All other space is dedicated to her large collection of bookshelfs, and the books that are stored on them. A small plant sat in the corner, between two of her bookshelf; it was dying, and a small rug in the small middle space, where all of the burnt papers and books were.

"Do you want to help me organize all this? I have seals on most of these things, but sorting all these papers still takes a long time." The act of moving things to and from the shelves wasn't too bad; it was the sorting that took forever.

The tiefling looked to the man that was trying to repair her arm. Doing as the new member, Wyatt instructed, Beltari took the strip of cloth and held it to her arm. She only did this to be polite to the help her was offering her; tieflings are very had to hurt with fire.

"Oh-thank you, but the original wound was from an arrow slit, not the fire. Tieflings aren't really harmed by fire... I just seared by own arm shut to stop the bleeding. I think that it just needs a conformation that I did everything correctly. I do appreciate the gesture though." She looked at the number of people in her room, and suddenly became a little embarrassed at the state of her office. Beltari began to lift papers and shuffle them into messy piles. The books went into one pile, that would be sorted later, all the lose documents would be filed tonight,

• Lenny2000 Lenny2000 TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL Remmock Remmock
    “Illyria did this to you?” she practically growled out as her iris turned completely black. Rage was starting to boil within in her and she could feel her body fading out of her human form. She was about to transform out of blind rage but Isla holding onto her hand quickly drew her back to reality. She did not want to hurt Isla anymore than she already was and she knew that if she completely transformed she would have no control over herself or her actions. Luce took a deep breath, her eyes turning back to normal.

“I’m sorry Isla. I’m going to take a second to breathe and go get the elixir you need,” she spoke, standing up from her chair. She stopped when she saw Myrrl in the door.

“Could you please stay by Isla’s side?” she asked him as she scooted by him and out the door. The nurse had moved to help Acamen with his burns so she was happy that someone had turned up to keep an eye on Isla.

Luce walked into the hallway, her mind racing with thoughts. She had known Illyria the entirety of her life and while she had known him to be distant at times she had never known him to be this violent, especially to the other guild members, their family. The more she thought about it the angrier she got, her hands balling into fists. She rounded the corner and looked up to spot Illyria looking around with a smile on his face. As soon as she saw him she didn’t know what happened to her. It was so out of character but when she became protective she became blinded with rage. Luce charged at Illyria, her arm transforming into a shadow as she ran. When she made it to Illyria she pushed her forearm against his collarbone, slamming him against the wall and pinning him there, all thanks to the strength given to her in Ombra form.

“What did you do to Isla? Did you see the damage you did to her stomach? You probably caused internal bleeding. And all because she wanted to be your friend?” Luce growled. Each word she spoke came out lower and more menacing than the last.

Isla looked up from her lucky corgi, her eyes widening in surprise as she heard her friend ask for confirmation. Luce had caught her off gaurd with her tone of voice. Isla hadnt known Lucinda for long, but in the moments when she had first arrived and met the guild master’s daughter, she had never heard her sound so... menacing.

Suddenly Luce’s eyes began to cloud over with blackness, and Isla could feel her friend’s grip tighten considerably, her hand fading already.

“Luce... hey it’s ok..” she tried to comfort her, giving her hand a small squeeze in reassurance. She had never been good at talking someone down, but she considered herself a great listener! She supposed that wouldnt help much at this point though.. her small voice and light grip seemed to snap Lucinda out of her shadow form, but she still looked incredibly angry. Isla was sure this was the first time Luce had ever really worried or frightened her a bit..

Before she could say anything else, she noticed Myrrl standing a bit awkwardly in the doorway, and Lucinda giving him some quiet instructions to watch over her.

“Luce-“ she began but started coughing terribly. Isla tried to calm herself though.

Isla, remember, she’s only going to get you that elixer. Stay put. She’s ok...

Usually the small voice didnt do much to ease her anxious feelings, but somehow this one did... returning her gaze back to the gnoll, who’s height was a bit comical compared to how small the room was, she slid her knees up to her chin and patted the bed for him to sit down next to her.

She wasnt sure how long Luce would take, so she supposed Myrrl should make himself comfortable. Finally Isla gave Acamen a side glance. He did not look good either... this sparked her worry again. What had happened to the others? Where were Lark and Beltari?

“Hey Myrrl... how are you today?” She asked, hoping her raspy voice was clear enough to hear. She hadnt had a proper conversation with him yet, but he seemed really nice and his presence helped calm her down again. Unfortunately she wasnt sure how to start a conversation with him considering what had happened, so she decided to keep things light.

MaraZipan MaraZipan Remmock Remmock

Illyria: ( Dacia)
Mentioned MaraZipan MaraZipan

Dacia was again in a state of bliss as he was trying to enjoy the entirety of the guild before he was slammed into the Wall randomly by some girl. His normal sense would be pain as he shouts in pain as his collar bone is badly hurt, looking at the girl with pain in his eyes. Befuddled, his normal instinct kicked in as his leg jolted upwards to her Solar plexus of the ribcage , a natural weakspot as he gets her out of breath and he pushes her back upon the ground , slamming his boot onto her chest as he looks down intently " what do you mean? And how dare of you to attack me!" His voice gets into a angry growl as he stares down upon her intimatedly.

This was not a good way to start out the day as an imposter but it's his natural instincts." What the hell are you talking about !" He demands the girl as he keeps her pinned with his heavy boot. Casually he would assume for normal mortals he would just use the boot but this one seems special , his collarbone feels bruised as he grunts at the sensation, pulling out his mace eagerly as he awaits for her next strike. He was unskilled with the heavy mace as putting it out of holster was making his arm feel like he is lifting a hundred pound weight on his arm . He will have to learn the hard way this time for the usage of the mace" stay down ..." he orders her , pointing his mace at her so she doesent kill him

Last edited:
Roya nodded at Acamen's words and turned on her heels. With the keys in hand Roya made her way to the basement with quickness. As she made her way to the basement she took note of all the damage and started calculating the expenses and workload,"I'm gonna rip their nails off and slowly shove them in their eyelids...."Roya muttered to herself angered at the intrusion and damage. Reaching the door she pulled it closed and locked with a quiet sigh. A light shine from the key hole and a few more clicks could be heard from behind the door, till one last click sounded and Roya turned away.

Roya returned to the infirmary and handed Acamen the keys with a nod,"It is locked and I need a drink." She announced as she downed a bottle liquor like it was water. She turned to the nurses,"Make sure all of the injuried are placed near a rose quartz lamp, and master should be placed in a dark room." Roya had created lamps made of rose quartz that increased regeneration, but were somewhat difficult to create. She had to find a natural source of the gem and then find a person proficient in healing magic to pour their healing magic into a quartz, but the quartz did not always hold the regenerative energy so she enchanted them to act as lamps. Acamen's genetic structure actually rejected the rose quartz, since they emitted light so she always just put him in a dark room,"Also, if he tries to leave before he is cleared to move....tell him I'll break his legs." Roya whispered to the nurse as she left to find the others.

Turning the corner Roya spotted Illyria with his foot on Luce, without a second thought the young mage pointed her hand at him and crystal dust shot out with enough force to push the man off,"What's going on you two?"
MaraZipan MaraZipan Lenny2000 Lenny2000

OrWangatan OrWangatan
Wyatt was from the northwestern lands where tieflings were quite rare. Additionally, as the son of an aristocrat, he wouldn't have been allowed near a tiefling even if there were any around.
Beltari was the first tiefling he'd ever met - he'd no idea that tieflings were resistant to fire.

Wyatt's eyes widened as Beltari revealed her inborn ability.
He turned to look at Beltari incredulously, before slowly looking at his torn shirt sleeve.
He did mention something about burns before beginning to treat her, didn't he? Of course he did - burns were the only wounds that he knew how to treat without alchemy.
"...you didn't think to tell me that before I tore my sleeve open?" he asked, slowly and carefully. "Are you for real?! This.. this is my only shirt! Clothes don't grow on trees!"
His awkwardness towards Beltari was quickly being replaced with exasperation.

This was the worst. He'd lost his toffees, he'd ruined his shirt... and for what exactly? Everybody here seemed totally fine!
Perhaps, he thought to himself, if I slowed down a little instead of rushing into things like a headless chicken, I'd still have my toffees and my shirt would still have two sleeves...
Wyatt smiled knowingly - not all was lost. He may have ruined his shirt and lost his toffees, but he'd learned an important lesson today.

He nodded at the ruined door.
"Well, I did destroy your lock. I guess we're even now." announced Wyatt, as though that was the end of the matter. "Now! If you'll excuse me, I've gotta make myself useful!
Giving a quick nod to Lark and Wyren, Wyatt hurried out of Beltari's room.

Roya nodded at Acamen's words and turned on her heels. With the keys in hand Roya made her way to the basement with quickness. As she made her way to the basement she took note of all the damage and started calculating the expenses and workload,"I'm gonna rip their nails off and slowly shove them in their eyelids...."Roya muttered to herself angered at the intrusion and damage. Reaching the door she pulled it closed and locked with a quiet sigh. A light shine from the key hole and a few more clicks could be heard from behind the door, till one last click sounded and Roya turned away.

Roya returned to the infirmary and handed Acamen the keys with a nod,"It is locked and I need a drink." She announced as she downed a bottle liquor like it was water. She turned to the nurses,"Make sure all of the injuried are placed near a rose quartz lamp, and master should be placed in a dark room." Roya had created lamps made of rose quartz that increased regeneration, but were somewhat difficult to create. She had to find a natural source of the gem and then find a person proficient in healing magic to pour their healing magic into a quartz, but the quartz did not always hold the regenerative energy so she enchanted them to act as lamps. Acamen's genetic structure actually rejected the rose quartz, since they emitted light so she always just put him in a dark room,"Also, if he tries to leave before he is cleared to move....tell him I'll break his legs." Roya whispered to the nurse as she left to find the others.

Turning the corner Roya spotted Illyria with his foot on Luce, without a second thought the young mage pointed her hand at him and crystal dust shot out with enough force to push the man off,"What's going on you two?"
MaraZipan MaraZipan Lenny2000 Lenny2000

Dacia ( Illyria)
Mentioned: MaraZipan MaraZipan BFabulous BFabulous

Dacia looks up reactively as he was only to be blasted A few feet away, using his mace to block the majority of the dust power but his lightweight body didn't help much .

His body was aching all over and the rattling of bones were frequent of Dacia's body. He hasn't eaten anything in a while and he is almost drained in energy. " who the hell are you?" He asks brutish but curious as he backs away and sits against her wall, panting heavily to try to regain lost energy and moves his free hand to his collar bone to feel it's been broken slightly " ow..." he whines to himself as he needs to get some good meats..." Jesus Christ can my day get any worse? Fighting chaos, and getting hurt from some crazy lady ..." His head droops down as his eyes grow heavy, feeling very sleepy

• Lenny2000 Lenny2000 BFabulous BFabulous
    Luce immediately got up as Illyria was pushed off of her and brushed the dirty bootprint off of her once clean shirt. It had no luck, her shirt was definitely stained. Her anger had been shocked out of her by the sudden takedown and her arm had turned back in that time.
    Luce had snapped her head toward Illyria to lecture him for calling her a “crazy lady” and noticed him rubbing his collar bone and wincing in pain. Guilt spread through her pretty quickly as she realised she might have been too rough with him. Not enough to apologize, but enough to help(a little bit). Luce sighed and walked over to Illyria.

“I’m sure you will find some meat in the kitchen. After you eat the bare minimum you need to live you should go to your room. I’m sure my father will want to talk to you tonight after everything that’s happened.” With those words, she turned on her heal and walked toward Roya. “I’m sorry, I just want to go back to the nurse. Would you mind getting a healing elixir from Lora for me?” Luce asked swallowing her urge to cry as she forced a smile to Roya before walking back to the Infirmary. One there, Luce immediately ran over to her father's bed and crawled up next to him, hugging him close. She told him everything that happened with Illyria and Acamen was very serious as he listened.

“I will talk to him tonight,” he spoke in a deep tone as he hugged his daughter close and stroked her hair.

(Both are open to interaction)

Dacia

As the girl finally walks away he mutters out of his mouth " crazy lady..." before getting up getting up on his own , using the back to the wall to help him get up, and walks off to the kitchen.

Once there his mind is drained, feeling weak, powerless. His limbs march on over to the cafeteria line, getting as much food as possible and stuffing it in his pockets, and into his mouth as he fully recovers and retains a massive boost in energy.

After filling his pockets and storage with meats he rolls his eyes about the girl's words, bare minimum who the hell would go bare minimum? Definitely not under her rules he defies proudly as he laughs to himself

Your sins will be crawling on your back ~

A eerie yet recognizable voice is heard as Dacia looks around cautiously , pulling out his mace yet once again to find no one "I...I..." He stutters nervously

I don't forget....~

The voice speaks once again This time more and more recognizable " Illyria..." he says softly in his breath... suddenly looking down at the body as he realized that when he took the body from the bite the conscious is also transferred.. Illyria was from within.

Dacia was purely terrified but remains at his calm, running down the hall to Illyria's room as fast as he can so no one can notice him hopefully. Finallyafter minutes of searching the dorm names he found illyria's nameon it and opened it with speed to enter inside it .

Inside lays a bed with a yellow bag ontop, a closet, and a few toys on the floor as they were from when Illyria was younger. " hahahahaha this is all mine now! " he walks to the closet and opens it to see flooding golden items flooding out .

A evil grin came from his face as he started grabbing the goods and tries to pocket them with the meats, throwing the yellow bag to be ground as he places himself with the gold ontop of himself and the bed " HAHAHAHA Can't hurt me now can you ?!?!? HAHAHA!" He laughs hysterically as he starts edging on the mental Illyria trapped inside, his only response being silence ... for now.

Last edited:
OrWangatan OrWangatan entropic entropic TheFalconSinOfLies TheFalconSinOfLies
Lark had to admit that she felt a little like she'd done something wrong in offering Beltari her assistance. Maybe she didn't want her help? Was she overstepping her bounds? She wasn't sure, but as she looked around at the impossible amount of papers and books, her determination only strengthened. She could only imagine how she would feel if the mess was hers alone to take care of. Before she could respond, the peculiar young man who opened the door had sprung into action to help with the tiefling's wound. Lark watched curiously as Beltari's arm was wrapped. So this is what one was supposed to do in the event of a burn... she was only more curious to learn that about tieflings being resistant to fire.

"Oh. I-I'm Lark!" she squeaked looking between the two she didn't know. She hadn't been expecting an introduction at that point. Before she knew it, Wyatt had taken his leave and Beltari hastened to organize the scattered objects. "I'll help," she stressed again. For once she was able to make a decision with her token indecisiveness making an appearance. She definitely wanted to see this through. She watched Beltari for a few seconds before starting to pile books and papers in the same fashion. "Just tell me what to do."

thefierysiren thefierysiren TheFalconSinOfLies TheFalconSinOfLies entropic entropic

A tad bit rattled from the abrupt leave of Wyatt, Beltari thought back on the possible things she had done to aggravate him.

Guess he was upset by my hesitation to tell him... I owe that guy a new shirt now... I'll have to take a hundred jobs before I can pay off all my books and my new debt......

Her attention was then snapped back to the girl still standing in her room. Beltari couldn't object to help, but didn't want to bore out the small girl. It was only her first day in the Guild and so much had happened. Having some company might not hurt but Beltari didn't want to tire Lark out.

"O-okay. It might get a bit boring, but to start, we're going to have to organize the books. Just start by putting the books into piles based on genre. The summary on the back should be enough to tell, but I can help with any titles you need."

It was going to be a bit more work to organize everything, now that a few of her seals were destroyed by the intruder. Living about fifteen books, Beltari began setting them in disheveled piles. Quickly realizing that her partner might not remember the piles, Beltari lifted a pen and some scratch parchment. She began writing genre titles on the papers, ripping them off, and placing them infront of a pile. Science fiction, science facts, biographies, historical literatures, sonnets and scripts, etc. Something else then caught her eye. Someone standing in her doorway. Someone she had seen before, but never had talked to. As of now, he was just staring at the mess. Did he also want to help or something? It didn't really matter.

"So once we have everything sorted by genre, we'll have to shelf them by author's last name. I wish I could make this more entertaining, but unfortunately, it's a bland task."

The tiefling lifted up a dozen more books and began sorting them. Most of them she could sort from her previous readings and their titles, but she did have to flip through the pages of a few books. She even set aside a small pile of books and labeled them the Read these later books.

MaraZipan MaraZipan TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL BFabulous BFabulous

Could you please stay by Isla’s side?

Myrrl had been watching the scene unfolding with quiet care, only to be surprised at seeing it was the daughter instructing him and not the guildmaster. He made sure to be out of her way as she left, another grunted "Mm" affirming his consent to be governed by her. The tall figure idled in the hallway a moment to watch her go, urged by the instinct to follow and protect. However, he lingered to watch Roya leave as well. After a moment the gnoll turned inside instead and moved to his new charge. She was going to be looked after by him now, and nothing would shake him of that instruction lest he fail on his first day. Dogged determination was the focus, but he had no idea what would happen. The shields remained sitting against the wall outside, so heavy that one was leaving a crease in the stone.

Hey Myrrl... how are you today?

The gnoll blinked. He looked around, the sound of his breathing occasionally breaking the silence before he found a large enough chair. He placed it by Isla, positioning himself over it and then sitting down very slowly. As he settled onto it the wood creaked, making it obvious that the gnoll had learned long ago not to just throw himself onto any old chair. Tension was palpable as he waited, but the seconds ticked by and the gnoll visibly relaxed more with each passing moment. His predator's gaze was not so easy to shake, and he locked onto Isla. "Good," he offered. He wasn't too familiar with the flow of conversation with humans, but a mental kick reminded him that you had to ask questions. "Am good. You?"

As he sat there he looked her over, comparing her to the others he'd seen so far. Her shape was different, but it wasn't enough to distinguish her against some of the others he'd seen regardless of if it met his preferences. Her face? Well, their faces all seemed somewhat similar. Her hair was unique. He committed that to memory. Isla - Hair like summer.

WAIT. MESSAGE. He had to share Illyria's message.

"Red hair man. He leave. Loves guild. If not return, then dead."

Isla watched Myrrl cautiously take a seat of his own, placing it by her bedside. He slowly sat down (Isla assumed it was not to break the chair), and gazed at her for a moment.

Am good. You?

Isla smiled at him happily. She liked Myrrl already. He kind of reminded her of a puppy, if one could talk. She assumed he wouldnt like that comparison though so she didnt mention it.

“Well, I’m good if you’re good! Hey do you like corgi dogs? They’re my favorite,” she said as cheeful as she could without straining her voice more. Reaching down to get her lucky chain, she pulled it off of her skirt and handed it out to him. Just moving this much made her wince with pain, but she tried not to let it get to her.

Her gaze caught sight of Luce wandering back in suddenly, and she looked very upset. Before she could say anything to her friend, Lucinda had walked over to Acamen and sat with him. They spoke a few quiet words, but Isla couldnt understand them. The scene almost made her want to cry. She had never seen the guild master so serious, nor Luce so frightened and upset.

It took all of Isla’s strength to drag her gaze back to Myrrl, who was now speaking.

“Red haired man..? You mean Illyria?” He was the only one Isla could remember who had red hair..

If he didnt return, then dead..? Isla gazed at the gnoll in confusion.

“I’m sorry Myrrl, I’m not sure what you’re gettin’ at... I dont know where he coulda gone unless...” suddenly her eyes widened. He had mentioned something about an old rival... had he gone after him again? Illyria had shown his strength when he had kicked her and grabbed her by the throat.. he obviously wasnt one to be taken lightly, and as far as she remembered everyone here had really loved him.

“He’s gone to take on his old arch nemesis most likely... but he said he might die? Did he say where he was going?” Although he had hurt her that didnt mean she had to stoop to his level. She didnt want him to die. Little did she know Dacia had already done the deed.

Remmock Remmock

TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL MaraZipan MaraZipan

Myrrl had noticed Luce's return and had left her to her own devices. The obligate goal was that when a pup and parent were being close you let them be. No sense addressing either of them or sticking one's sniffer into the affair. His right ear had been turned in the same direction as Isla's gaze.

Well, I’m good if you’re good! Hey do you like corgi dogs? They’re my favorite.

He had no idea what that was, but he waited to see what she was digging for in her skirt. The gnoll leaned forward, peering curiously as she produced a chain with a charm. It looked like a... well, like a pup he guessed. The cute image confused him. He'd seen similar beings. They yapped like he did. They bounced and played. He had played with one a long time ago, and his large clawed hand rose slowly as if to touch both the charm and the hand that held it with the utmost care and gentility.

Red haired man..? You mean Illyria?

Honestly, Myrrl had trouble with names. Words were a lot. Motions were easier. Items were easier. Table. Chair. Door. Things of that nature. He blinked as she asked the name.

I’m sorry Myrrl, I’m not sure what you’re gettin’ at... I dont know where he coulda gone unless...

The transformation on her face was one he noted. He had become familiar with that transformation. He saw it often when doing mercenary work for other guilds. Myrrl would adventure to where he was supposed to go and then when he loomed over the bandits, assassins, or monsters in question they usually did that thing with their eyes that Isla had just done. Usually it amused him. This time it didn't. He wasn't sure why.

He’s gone to take on his old arch nemesis most likely... but he said he might die? Did he say where he was going?

Myrrl shook his head. "Not say. Ill-.... Illy-... Ill-... He not say." Forget that name. Names were hard. "You... worry?" The massive hand reached forward and settled on top of Isla's head, petting her the way his human father had done for him once upon a time many years ago. His eyes were still locked on hers as he petted her.

• Lenny2000 Lenny2000
    Acamen was confused by what his daughter told him about Illyria but not happy nonetheless. He had always been very protective of Luce and it took everything in his power not to blow up while she was telling him exactly what he did to her. Nurse Heather had just finished healing his burns and though his body was still weak he needed to address Illyria now before anything else happened. He groaned as he released his daughter and stood from the bed. “Stay here and wait for Roya to return. I’m going to need her to meet me in my study after I'm done. We have a lot to do after this incident.” He instructed Luce as he grabbed his cane tapped it once on the ground and drew the outline of a door on the wall. The dusty wooden door of Illyria’s room appeared on the wall and Acamen opened it without hesitations before closing it behind him. Illyria laid on his bed covered in gold and trinkets. Acamen looked upon him curiously.

“What are you doing?” he asked, narrowing his eyes at him. His voice probably came as a surprise to Illyria since his presence had been so sudden.

TheFalconSinOfLies TheFalconSinOfLies OrWangatan OrWangatan
Lark had been steadily sorting through the books and placing them in their proper piles. A strange feeling had come over her as she was handling them; reading them. In the 60 years she'd wandered from place to place she couldn't recall ever touching a book or reading, and yet she could read. Perhaps it was a skill she'd learned in her life before. The harder she thought about it the more it felt like something was evading her. Ah well, there was nothing she could do. It was only a part of the curse for her to forget. Forget? Lark dropped the books she was holding and stood up abruptly. Somehow she'd forgotten why she had come back into the guild hall in the first place.

"I forgot!" her voice was frantic and there was a tightness in her chest as panic claimed her. "I came after you," she said turning to Wyren "because Luce was with you and I wanted to make sure she was okay. Where is she!? And what happened to that guy that attacked you?" her last question was aimed at Beltari.

Meanwhile, Wyatt was hurrying along the corridors of the dorm like a headless chicken until-
'God damn it Wyatt, you just learned your lesson!' he mentally chided himself.
He stopped, then thought about what to do.
"I.. want to get to the guild hall. Guild halls are loud. Hence, if I want to get to the guild hall, I ought to go where there's sound!!" he remarked to nobody in particular.
It was precisely this style of thinking that had given Wyatt so much trouble in engineering school.
With that, Wyatt began hurrying along the corridors like a headless chicken again, only this time paying exceptional attention to his hearing. So focused was he on auditory stimuli that when he finally ran past a three-way directional sign marked "GUILD HALL| NURSE'S OFFICE | TOILETS", he headed straight for the nurse's office.

Remmock Remmock TheCoRgiGaL TheCoRgiGaL MaraZipan MaraZipan
Wyatt finally heard sound. It was coming from the nurses office! He made his way there and, without a second thought, went inside it.
"Hi! I'm here to help!" he announced. "Can I-"
At this moment, Wyatt caught sight of the hulking Myrrl, patting a younger girl on the head.
Wyatt did not see the gentleness with how the gnoll patted her. He didn't see how comfortable the girl was with the creature. He didn't even see how clean and well-kept the gnoll's fur was.
Wyatt saw a beast that, in organised war bands, would terrorise the poorest and most vulnerable of people. He saw a savage existence that possessed no capability for empathy, unequipped to handle anything more sophisticated than brutality and violence.

Without warning, Wyatt changed.
In a heartbeat, his rather foolish and jovial exterior hardened into cold steel. He slowly reached his hand into his pocket and brought out his silver pendant, all the while not uttering a sound. His behaviour right now was almost reminiscent of a cat hunting prey.
Wyatt hadn't spontaneously developed current control into a viable attack. He didn't do it because he thought it would be cool to attack with lightning or because it was some random manifestation of magical creativity.
He'd developed it specifically to kill gnolls after he witnessed them ransack a village and murder the villagers for sport.

Wyatt had developed his skill to a point where he could annihilate a normal gnoll with a piece of tin. However, this gnoll wasn't ordinary - not only was it an immensely muscular and powerful-looking specimen, but it was was far larger than the average mangy feral that terrorised the countryside. Even Wyatt, who thought the creatures were devil-spawn, couldn't deny that the gnoll was magnificent to look at.
Would silver, one of the most conductive metals, be enough to take it down? Wyatt was a literal force of nature with silver, but this gnoll appeared to be force of nature all by itself...

'No'. he thought to himself. 'Wait. If I attack with lightning now, that girl would likely be seriously injured as well....'
"Hey, you there next to the monster. You'd do well to get away from that beast - it might just snap any second and tear you into pieces. Gnolls aren't pets. They can't be tamed." growled Wyatt to Isla. "I can't attack until you move. Please back off."

Last edited:
MaraZipan MaraZipan thefierysiren thefierysiren

Wyren watched as the man tried attending to Beltari, it didn't seem to him that she needed assistance but rest. After that the man had told everyone present his name 'Wyatt' and his situation, "his teacher " Wyren thought, "who could his teacher be if they lived inside the guild house?" he wondered. As Wyatt looked in Wyren's direction as he was in mid-thought he was surprised. The Dim Light couldn't help himself from taking a step back and giving a confused stare slightly turning his head away. But at the mention of toffees his nerves calmed and he closed his eyes letting out a relived sigh.

Wyren waited patently by the door but realizing that Wyatt couldn't find anything in his pockets he assumed that he lost them. The the young girl offered her name 'Lark'. Wyren guessed that since everyone was offering names he should tell his own, "I'm Wyren" he said with a heavy tone in his voice. He crossed his arms and lean against the door frame as it was normal him and a very comfortable position for him. Soon after Wyatt rushed out the door, and then Beltari and Lark started discussing how to organize the books as they cleaned up. Wyren admittedly felt akward just watching so he stood up and got ready to leave when Lark began to panic. Wyren listened calmly and waited until she was done talking then he told Lark, "Luce is probably gone from here by now. She went to go find the nurse after she found Isla."

Last edited:
Dacia ( illyria)

Dacia was previously enjoying the amazed treasures that weren't rightfully his ... but are now, relics, gold, legendary items, runes, you name em and hey got em . All dacia's now as he gets smothered with the items "hahaha yes!"

All of his lustful joy was put to a grinding halt as a intruder has randomly entered his room making he imposter jump to his feet " who the hell dares to disturb my living quarters!" He growls snarling at Acamen

" no matter anyways, leave now!" He demands the intruder immediately as he equips his devistating mace in his hand, placing it on his shoulder ready to swing Incase if the bossman decides to try to kill Dacia.

Unknowingly the left eyestarts to leak out a black chaotic ink sait slowly starts to cover the vision of Dacia on the left side as Illyria puts in his power to resist against Dacia's control, grunting lightly as he squints his eyes as Illyria gets to have control of the vocal chords for a few seconds " save me acamen..." Illyria whines out through the teeth " shut up !" Dacia growls before he kicks himself back into power, Illyria becoming back in the back seat once again in the power house

Users who are viewing this thread

Back