Viewpoint Characters Types You Love/Hate To Play?

In some way, I think I've always known I was doing it, but somehow I never fully realized until just the past few weeks that a lot -- and I mean seriously, a lot -- of my characters are, as you so eloquently put it, the 'soft uwu shy' types. I'm sure it's probably because I myself am incredibly shy, so it's what I find most familiar and, therefore, most comfortable to write... but essentially, I play a lot of cinnamon rolls.
I think I had like one character in my repertoire who was opposite of that? Until now. Now I have somewhere around a half dozen, and... honestly, I'm loving it. I haven't written this much in years. It's so much more exciting when you let yourself branch out a little every now and then. And so I've discovered: my favorite type of characters to play now are the super angsty, bold, slightly selfish but otherwise extremely assertive types. The anti-heroes. Rejects of society with troubled backstories and even more troubled self-perceptions, who've let the world get them down for so long they finally just can't keep putting up with it anymore and so, something thrusts them into action, and over the course of whatever plot I've thrown them into, they learn to embrace their faults and slowly start to become a better person for it.
In other words, I've gone from playing a lot of awkward, bumbling shy types to suddenly a lot more cocky little shits, and it's doing wonders for my own self esteem too.

I love playing characters who are underhandedly arrogant. There's just something about a secretive snob that I love writing, but it's not something I do often.

A type I hate playing are the ones that are usually the overly graceful and prefect princess types. I love a lot of these characters, but I hate writing them myself. I don't feel like I describe graceful well in my writing and have a hard time giving them more personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back