• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Closed Character Sheet t

Noble

Area Witch Enjoys Yelling At Sky

76720bc0f2e1f4e7e9d887e2a8b5e916.jpg
"In the darkness I will meet my creators, and they will all agree that I am a suffocator."
Alma Cruickshank
Alias: Thanatos
Sexuality: Sapphic
Role: Resident
Species: Human Witch
Birthdate: November Eleventh
Birthplace: Coastal, Maine
Ethnicity: Norse-Celtic

Who Am I?
Appearance​
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 124lbs.
Build: Slender, almost gangling.
Voice Claim:
Face Claim:
Style: It is a mix of things. Either some of the most bland, formal outfits you'll ever see or the most colorful, festive, bohemian looks. And the in-between looks are even odder. But she truly carries what she likes to call the "Witch Aesthetic."
Posture: Her average posture is a bit awkward, any resting position never looks comfortable or healthy even. There is a lot about her posture that reads as trying to ward others off; it's not welcoming and open, but not unfriendly. She may often sport a bit of a slouch, and her head always hangs at an angle--a little awkward incline, like a curious animal.
Personal Upkeep: Rest assured, Alma is always very clean. But she does always smell like the outdoors, odd smelling herbs, and incense. A coppery scent follows her as she walks, curious but usual, and she never wears a fleck of makeup.
Noticeable Marks: There are many little scars all over her hands, a sign that she works or worked with a lot of sharp tools and may not have always been dexterous with them. There is a thick scar going down the center of her bottom lip, so delicate it splits open regularly; especially when she is dehydrated.
Piercings/Tattoos: Alchemical and Nordic runes are printed on her fingers, and a strange eye on the back of her neck.

Is This Me?
Personal​
Favorite Song: Shawn James' "Through The Valley"
Favorite Color: Evergreen
Favorite Food: Instant Ramen
Native Language: English
Education Level: Medical School Drop-out, raised in more ancient teachings with nontraditional medicinal knowledge.
Goals: Finding herself, finding those very goals she lacks. Perhaps having her own shop one day, maybe even a safe home of her own. But for now, her goal is to stay an enigma, and to stay lying low.
Fears: Her sister, Rory. Small spaces. Losing any control over her environment. Her cover or practice being blown.
Quirks:
Traits:

What Do You Want?
Inside​
"Are you afraid of the dark? If so, why?"
I will never fear the dark, my mother taught me from a very, very young age that the only thing in the dark to be afraid of is her. And myself.

"What makes you cry?"
That is... a hard one to answer. Loss, I suppose, like anyone else I'm not fond of losing things. I cry when I'm frustrated as well... or angry. I can't help it really, I'm an emotional person even if I try to contain it.

"What makes you laugh?"
I have an odd sense of humor, so almost anything I'm sure. My mind is made up of inside jokes with myself. I think animals are funny, they do funny things.

"What terrifies you the most?"
...My sister is probably the most terrifying thing in this world.

"Introvert or Extrovert?"
I prefer Ambivert. I have great distaste for both dispositions.

"Logical or Emotional?"
Both are required for the human nature of existing. I'm very logically minded but my emotions can get the best of me at times.

"What is your best quality?"
I like to help people, only the people who will accept it though. You know what they say; "You can lead a horse to water..."

"What is your biggest flaw?"
I'm the bravest coward you'll ever meet, unfortunately.

"Are you religious?"
Deities, entities, and spirits exist all around us, in all forms. I don't consider myself religious, but my spiritualism is more than obvious.

"Do you believe in demons?"
Of course I do. Maybe not in the same way most do, but I know they exist in some shape or form.

"Personal Idol or Role Model?"
I read about many people through history, and I have a great fondness for a lot of them, it's hard to pin just one down. I never stick to one long.

Where Have I Been?
History​
Born and raised in Maine, Alma grew up under the hard teachings of her mother, who carried with her a long and prideful lineage of witchcraft. Her bloodline had not only a natural and fantastic gift for the craft, but the magic manifested in more visceral ways than that of the average practitioner. It was real, and physical--metaphysical, rather. They had so much power, and so much history behind it. The Cruickshanks had over two hundred years of grimoires with over two hundred years of personal knowledge of their craft.
It was a strict household, and Alma's parents were never the kindest of people; they were intimidating, hard to please, and sometimes even cruel, and all of this made for a very hard childhood full of study and isolation. But she wasn't completely alone, she had her sister, and she was always someone to rely on.
They were best friends, Rory and Alma, and they planned to take the world by storm one day, with their powers they had childhood dreams of their unstoppable adulthoods ahead of them; they could have whatever they wanted, they would see it all, they would live deliciously.
But before any of that could come to fruition, darkness settles over. Alma didn't know why her skin would crawl at night, and demons danced in her dreams, and she'd wake in cold sweats with hot breath in her ear and quiet whispers in the air. She didn't know what Rory was doing in the late of night, not until Alma found her parents dead, laying against the ceiling with their bodies split in half, Rory celebrating beneath them through a ritual Alma couldn't recognize. Everything that happened in the coming years is blackness, horror, and chilling to the point that Alma abandoned home, having set the house ablaze with Rory inside, hoping that that would have been enough.
She moved on to college, trying to find a life she could live. But it was never meant to last, and her fears and paranoia played on her mind. She saw her sister in everything, and eventually the hallucination became uncomfortably real and intimate. It drove her out of school, it pushed her across the country, and finally she landed in Oregon. Her desperation for money had her pushing a very special business several states back where she did a "non-traditional" medical practice. Mostly she provided abortions via herbalism, but she offered many more magical medical options, but the abortions are what paid the bills.
Meeting a new client in Oregon, she reserved a room in an old hotel to execute the procedure, and then after that? She stayed. The nightmares and hallucinations weren't quite as alarming in Hotel Timor, there was so much going on behind those walls that it created a static around her, and for the first time she felt a little safe.

Time Spent At The Hotel: Five Months
Family: Sister, Rory. Mother, Verity. Father, Rufus.

Favorite Memory: A late summer at the family lake house, Alma and Rory had a whole day alone together on the lake. Nothing eventful happened and it was the most peace Alma ever knew.

Worst Memory: The death of her parents, but most importantly, knowing that the sister she had known and loved was dead too.

Other:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back