• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Character Round Table

Smeester

Bust :(

Like the rest of the house, the room is elegant with rich woods and deep velvets. Your small group is ushered forward by a gaunt man in a butler's attire. The evening had started so jovially and happy. Around a roaring fire you'd introduced yourself and swapped stories amongst your varied new friends, enjoying your time immensely. Food and wine flowed as unending as the conversation. As afternoon, became evening, became night the ambience changed. The talk stopped. Merry laughter no longer twinkled through the air. Whatever inflicts your friends also inflicts you, but precisely 'what' escapes you. Easier to just follow the butler and be quiet.

~

xGp8vRC.jpg

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please be seated, and make yourselves comfortable around the table.

I'll be turning off the lights now. For your continued safety please do not panic or leave your seats.

yFSr5Z0.jpg

You wake up with a jolt. How long has it been? You're not sure.

In the pitch dark you can hear the light breathing of other people. You make to call out 'who's there?' but some force compels you not to speak.

With the familiar grogginess of alcohol fuelled sleep you try to grope through memories. Where are you?

This fades before a far more alarming question.
Who are you?

A sudden click, and a bright spotlight illuminates a round wooden table. Your eyes wince in protest.

So...

I have an RP type character building game I'm looking to try out - I mentioned it briefly in my intro as something I joined on another site in the past.

The basic premise:

A group of people (4-6) find themselves sat around a circular table. It's pitch dark and they can't see anything except the table, and the hands of the other people caught in the light.

• In front of each person are (4-6) white cards.

• No one can remember anything about themselves, who they are or what is happening.

Suddenly one person feels a strange impulse. To flip over a card. They do so and... woosh.
Flashback.

~

Gameplay:

We take it in turns to RP 'turn over' a card, and write a detailed flashback (intro) for our character around the table. Something from their past, their future, anything. But it should reveal some key details about an aspect of their personality. At the end of the flashback, you return to the room and your character sees one cryptic line of text written on the card, a clue to the nature of the flashback.

Once all characters have had 1 card turned over, we rotate round. We each become the character on our right and turn over a card for them. Baring in mind the details from their previous flashback(s) you extend their personality with a new flashback. It could be from earlier in their life, later, it could even extend the previous one.

The game continues, each round, until every player has turned over a card for every character.

At the end of the game we each walk away with our own original character - greatly detailed and enhanced by all the contributions everyone else has added through the RP game.

Thoughts? Is this even valid as an RP? Volunteers?

Plenty of time - this is just an interest check / idea brainstorm - it won't be starting for a week at least, as I'm away with business and wanted to gauge interest and also plan how to format it here that's the easiest to follow/update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back