Character Feedback - Annabeth Larson

I'm working on a character based on the simple character sheet, given by the poster of the thread, posted in the spoiler below, I'd like some feedback and any tips on how to make it look 'pretty' since I'm not good with coding. It's been awhile since I've been told to make an OC, and a tech-based hero, so I'd like all criticism and advice this site has to offer! Anything in parentheses, besides in the original character sheet, is stuff I've added not for you guys, but for the others when/if I post the character sheet.

• Name
  • Aliases (Nicknames, Superhero name, etc.) - Allowed to be N/A
  • Powers
  • Weaknesses
  • General Background
  • General Personality
  • Physical Description and/or a realistic image

Alright so I assumed you read the spoiler. Now a question here before we move on, I had the idea of making the character sheet like a file you would read in the S.H.I.E.L.D or Justice League database, with tabs and everything, should I do that or just stick to colours and spoilers?

The character shall be in this spoiler below and there's a question surrounding this as well. Should I keep all the information contained in the one spoiler like this, or put the information into separate spoilers?

Name: Annabeth Larson
Aliases: Anna or The Iron Mistress.
Powers: N/A
Abilities: The suit is actually an advanced fighting suit. It's main purpose is to study fighting styles and determine when attacks aimed towards her will happen. In order to defend herself the suit's main purpose, the studying and determining of attacks, is the strongest aspect of her suit, with the weaker aspects being the ability to shoot concussive blasts from the palm of the suits gloves, fly, using the booster jets on the boot part of her suit to get to speeds around the maximum of Mach 3, giving her the ability to lift up to 600lbs thanks to a combination of her booster jets and the compression valves inside her suit allowing her to lift almost anything. Annabeth is also a decent hand-to-hand fighter but never gets into those types of fights without her suit, meaning she can cause a lot of pain, but usually she pulls her punches if she has to fight someone.

Weaknesses: Her suit is made of advanced tech, created by her friend's company, meaning it is susceptible to any kind of electro-magnetic pulse, as well as interference. 
Annabeth is one of those people who doesn't like to take orders from anyone, unless she finds them to be cute, and she also never has a plan. Attacking or saving people with a hot-head has gotten her hurt a lot and can be used to manipulate her. Annabeth is the type to hide her emotions, but if her mental state is broken, or she becomes emotional, she will become confused and hide away in a corner, usually leaving her teammates or friends behind to finish the battle.
Suit: 

Spoiler

This was the closest picture I could find that shows off her suit

Background/Origin/History: Annabeth was born into a normal middle class family. She had no brothers or sisters but she was always happy. She was always fascinated with technology and that's how she met her friend Ariel, a genius from birth who loved to invent new tech.  It wasn't until her 17th birthday that everything changed. Annabeth and her family were driving back from a very joyful birthday party and were unaware of the robbery in progress near them. It was when the car stopped at the light when things took a turn for the worse. One of the robbers happened to have a super-suit made of interesting and unique tech. He approached the stopped car and ripped off the driver's door and pulled the father out before throwing him into a nearby building, also reaching inside and grabbing the mother by her neck snapping it with ease. Screams of a young teenager could be heard through the alarms and the slowly approaching sirens. The person inside the suit ignored Annabeth, as if she meant nothing, and ran off with the others. Annabeth got out of the car in a dazed and shocked state, her first thought was to check on her father and she ran over to him. He was alive, barely, but he was alive. After the paramedics and police arrived, Annabeth and her father were taken to the hospital. Her father had broken several vertebrae in his back and was in a coma. Annabeth didn't know what to do, her mother was dead, her father was in a coma, so she did the one thing she could think of. She called her friend Ariel. After talking for what seemed like a few hours and discussing the current situation, Annabeth was being picked up by her friends father and taken to their place. Ariel had missed Annabeth's party due to working with her father and they were talking about that when the news footage of the robbery turned murder was aired on the news. That suit was a prototype that was stolen from her father's work a few weeks ago.

(Mostly because it's late here I'm going to be skipping ahead here)

It took some months of trial and error before Annabeth had a new name, The Iron Mistress. A tech-suit wearing crime fighter. She was awful at first, usually getting the first dozen variations of her suit destroyed in only a couple of weeks. Her suit finally got a huge make-over which included a colour-scheme and an AI named Danielle, which was a name Annabel always wanted for her sister if she ever had one. Now she is a heroine who is feared by the villains, and praised by the city. However Ariel worries that if she ever found the person who turned Annabeth's life around that she would kill him and cross the line. 

General Personality of Annabeth: Annabeth is a sweet girl when she isn't fighting crime. Always friendly towards people her age and classmates, as well as kind towards animals. She's very shy but that all changes when she has to become the Iron Mistress. As the Iron Mistress, Annabeth is cold, emotionless, blunt, honest, and a bit of a bitch. She's very hot-headed and loves to show off everything her suit can do. The change in personality and behavioural aspects is her way of protecting herself when she's a civilian. As a hero she can do what's needed. She has been described by some as 'unstable', 'heartless', 'uncontrollable,' and even 'unstoppable'. While not one-hundred percent false, she's usually only really described with those words when she is stopping a criminal who has committed a crime she finds to be unforgivable, such as a kidnapping, sexual assault, or a murder. Otherwise she is usually just a cold, emotionless person in a suit. 

General personality of Danielle: Danielle is an AI that can perceive emotions and even make people think it has emotions. It's usually seen as sarcastic, blunt, and adorable. It can also be seen as scary or cocky when in the heat of battle. Danielle's mostly known for her sense of humour as when Annabeth is in a battle that is actually a challenge, she will play music from the inner and outer speakers in the suit to get Annabeth in the fighting spirit! 

Picture of Annabeth: Faceclaim is Annasophia Robb Isn't she pretty O.O

Alright, that's all I got. Criticize and opinionate away!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can definitely see that you put quite a lot of work into making this OC, and I like it. Especially the backstory and personality.

However, her suit powers just feel..off. She has some very generic abilities that don't really do well when put together. I'd suggest making her specialize in something-there's no problem with keeping all of these enhancements, but she'd be much better off if one of them was more prominent and the others slightly less powerful.

I can definitely see that you put quite a lot of work into making this OC, and I like it. Especially the backstory and personality.

However, her suit powers just feel..off. She has some very generic abilities that don't really do well when put together. I'd suggest making her specialize in something-there's no problem with keeping all of these enhancements, but she'd be much better off if one of them was more prominent and the others slightly less powerful.

Hmm...so like for example, making her suit more prominent in, say, locating targets and analyzing fighting patterns, and through that her weapons, flight patterns, and fighting style less powerful but more efficient due to that?

Is that along the lines you mean?

Tech-based heroes are my weakest link, so I thank you for taking the time to read this! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back