• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Chapter One: The Orphanage (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

The Black Knight

One Thousand Club
sf-espionage.light.png

cirocorreia_orphanageconcept3.jpg

The Orphanage has no name. The grounds are covered in emerald fields of grass, 100 meters from The Orphanage is a forest where children like to play Tag and Hide and Seek. There are no electronics and there is no electricity at The Orphanage. The children must work together to provide the firewood, handwash the laundry, and cook the meals. The storage room is always full of food, and so the children do not have to worry about ever running out. Drinking water comes from a pump and a well. For light, children must use candles and lanterns.

There are no animals on the property. No birds in the skies and no insects on the ground.

The uniform at the school is a solid-white button up shirt and pants for boys, and a button-up blouse and skirt for girls. Their clothing is always white and never comes in color.

The Orphanage

1st Floor

Foyer: This is where people enter. Upon entering The Orphanage, they find a staircase that takes them to the second floor. The mansion is only two stories—supposedly.

Dining Room: This where all the orphans gather and have breakfast, lunch, and dinner together.

Library: A large library with over a thousand books.

Living Room: A place for social gathering. Many orphans conduct activities here such as board games, arts and crafts, music, etc.

Storage Closet: For linens and uniforms.

Pantry: Food

Cellar: Frozen foods

Basement: Locked tight and off-limits.

2nd Floor

Orphans Bedroom: All the orphans live in the same room. There are multiple beds in a row and across from each other.

Nursery: The infants sleep here until they are old enough to sleep in the bedroom.

Mama’s Room: It is her bedroom and office.

Bathrooms: There is a boy’s bathroom and girl’s bathroom. It has toilets, showers, and a bath.

Classroom: This is where orphans receive their basic education.

Examination Room: This is where orphans take special knowledge exams.

Attic: The attic is usually too high for kids to reach, and rumor has it that a monster lives in the attic, even though no one has been up there.

Grounds

Grass Field: Where the kids play and where the laundry is washed and hung on the clothesline.

Forest: Children are only allowed in the forest if they have another with them. They are not allowed to venture in the forest alone for it is large and vast and children could get lost.

Wall: There is a smooth, twenty-foot wall.

Iron Doors: It is the massive gateway to the outside. No one has seen what’s outside. They know that this is where the parents come from.

Starting month: April 2019

Daily Schedule Mon-Sunday

6AM – Wake Up, Breakfast

8AM – Bath

10AM – Class or Exam

12PM – Lunch

1PM – Class

3PM – 6PM Playtime/Activities

6PM – Bath

7PM – Dinner

8PM – Bedtime

IC Rules
  • No OOC in the IC.
  • Do not use huge pictures. Shrink them down.
  • Do not use blinding font not everyone uses the same background settings.
  • This isn’t X-men. Your powers are not extreme just significantly above the other children.
  • The only genius character is the one who chose intelligence as a power. Otherwise, your characters can be clever, but they’re not going to be as brilliant.
  • Discovering strange things will be done in the IC. If I see too much OOC knowledge going IC (meta-gaming), then I may have to pull the plug on the game because it just won’t work. Stay within character and only write as your character would act, not as you would act.
  • Interact with each other. If you’re not one to interact with other players despite joining group RPs, you definitely will in this game.
  • Be active. Posting rate is once a week, and if you need more time, let me know.
  • Your characters have no memory before The Orphanage. The Orphanage is all they know.

Rumors
This is where players can keep track of rumors being passed around the orphanage. More rumors will be added to this section as they emerge.
  • There's a monster that lives in the attic. (Proven: True/False)

Last edited:
blackgold.regular.png

af745fcdd9caddc814702a5f77c28dda.jpg
9f2829e64654c6974ad63ac574b14407.jpg

Left to Right: William "King Pin" and Maybelle
The Orphanage was dark and quiet. The curtains were closed and not a single plank of wood creaked. It was almost as if the mansion were alive and sleeping with them only to stir at the clang of a loud bell. The clanging rang down the hall. A young boy stood in the corridor with a tired frown, swinging his arm back and forth, and ringing a silver-hued bell.

“Get up ya bums!” the blond-headed boy yelled. William liked to read a lot of crime stories and so he spent years developing his gangster voice or what he believed the gangsters in the story sounded like. His nickname around The Orphanage with some of the kids involved in his imagination was “King,” short for “King Pin.” He even had a small mafia of kids who were a part of his gang called, “The Lost Boys (he stole this from Peter Pan ).” Not all the members were boys either. It more just went along with his obsession. “You guys betta’ like my cookin’ or its curtains fo’ ya!”

“You’re not gonna take credit for all of it!” Maybelle told Will with her hands upon her hips.

Will just slowly rolled his eyes as he continued to ring the bell as loud and obnoxious as possible. Some of the kids slept like rocks. He didn’t like chores, especially the cooking chores. It required him to wake up early and he liked to sleep late—not that Mama would let him. Maybelle, on the other hand, was all bright-eyed and smiles as though the morning fueled her.

“Good morning everyone!” Maybelle yelled with her hands to her mouth. She then grinned extra big. “It’s pancake day! I made them nice, big and fluffy!”
d93a3662bffa8f6ee45d7579a019702d.jpg

Maybelle was one of the smart kids. She so far had the top scores in The Orphanage. She might have been intelligent but she seemed to lack common sense. Nonetheless, she was a kind soul.

Oh William, you can stop ringing the bell dear.

Even through the ringing, Will could hear Mama’s voice and he stopped. He turned to look up at her with his half-lidded eyes. The nun was smiling at him, while he gave her a plain and fatigued stare as though to mentally accuse You’re the reason why I’m awake so early.

Maybelle happily exclaimed, “Good Morning Mama!” Before she raced over to her. Mama crouched and held her arms out to receive Maybelle’s exuberant hug. She held the child warmly and even uttered a pleased, “Mmm.”

As Maybelle released her, Mama brushed the back of her head and told her, “Today is a big day.”

Will’s brows curiously rose. “Yeah?”

“I’ll announce it at breakfast. I don’t want to spoil it,” Mama beamed.

“Oh! I wanna hear more than ever now!” Maybelle cried. She raced over to the stairs and told Will, “Come on! We gotta set the table.”

“You don’t command the boss!” Will replied before obediently following after the older girl.

Mama remained in the hallway smiling as the children started to wake and leave their rooms, moaning and rubbing their eyes.

Day One Chores
  • Breakfast and Dishes Will and Maybelle (NPCs)
  • Lunch and Dishes Cason and Vera
  • Dinner and Dishes Blake and Amara
  • Laundry Zoe and Aadina
  • Cleaning Amy and Zion

NPCs
  • William “King Pin” (10) a boy who likes to read crime stories and often talks in what he believes to be a gangster accent.
  • Maybelle (12) a very smart girl but she sometimes lacks common sense.

GM Note: The game will resume once all player characters are (PCs) at the breakfast table. Just imagine a wooden rectangular long table with wooden chairs around it. You do not have to go immediately there. PCs are free to socialize. Make sure you guys are communicating in the PM group so one of you doesn't post their PC too quickly at the table, and then they wind up being the only one there waiting for the game to continue. Communication is key. Remember, I am not involved in the PM group, so do not ask me who runs it. One of your peers does.

IKingI IKingI Everskold Everskold MidnightStar MidnightStar Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Hella Downweather Hella Downweather AlluringRose AlluringRose Amyleii Amyleii

Last edited:
Amy lept out of bed at Williams bell she jumped on it a couple times before jumping and landing on the floor. She gave a quick salute to William “aye aye captain!” She yelled excitedly as she hurried to get dressed. Yesterday was her birthday so of course she was excited to be in the big kid bunks and out of the nursery. And of course she had immediately gone to join the lost boys, even though she was a girl. She bounced up and down and weaves through the growing crowd of kids, all most definitely bigger then her even if by just a few days. She stood in the hallway to see if any of the kids wanted to talk to her before breakfast.

What Is your name?
"The names Blake!" he says with a big goofy grin.

What gender is your character?
Blake rolls his eyes and laughs. "That's a weird question? I'm obviously a girl" he says sarcastically. "Oh...you're serious? I'm a boy...at least I hope so or mama is going to have to explain somethings." he says with a laugh.

How old is your character between 6 to 12?
"I'm twelve!" he says crossing his arms. "I'm a man now."

What is your character’s number?
"#038929 and yes I do have it memorized." he says with a smug grin.

What type is your character?
Blake leans back in the chair and eyes the interviewer suspiciously. He grabs a pen and paper and begins to write on it. When he turns it around a the word physical is written on it. "You better not tell anyone...especially mama."

What power do they have?
"Lets just say I am really good at tag." (Speed)

What does your character look like?

1564859637924.png

What is your character’s personality?
Blake shrugs at the question. "I don't know. I'm a kid so I am a bit loud and rambunctious at times. Unlike the other children I really enjoy learning in school. I watch over the other kids and make sure the are learning and doing things right. The other kids will tell you I'm funny and a bit of a goofball, but I have no idea what they are talking about" he laughs.

What do they like?
"I'm not sure...my main focus is to help the other children in the orphanage. I do like doing puzzle and making the other children laugh. I want to make sure mama doesn't have too much on her so I try to help her which makes me happy I guess.”

What do they dislike?
"I dislike secrets. I mean we are family so why hide things from each other?”

What children games or talents are they the best at?
"I won't say it again." (Tag)

What children games or talents are they the worst at?
"Please... just don't ask me to sing!" (Music)

What do you think of the other children?

IKingI IKingI "Cason is a bit too full of himself for my liking. However we do get along well especially playing games since we are so close in age. I don't talk to him much though. I would like to get to know him better!"

Everskold Everskold "I get the feeling Vera doesn't like me. I try to be nice, but I think I just get on her nerves. I like her though! She's good friends with Cason, so as long as those two are friends I'm happy for her. We are both around the same age so maybe that's why we don't get along." He shrug unsure.

Natural Flavour Natural Flavour "Amara is a very interesting girl. She is super serious...(too serious for my liking), so at first I wasn't sure how to present myself to her. The biggest thing I know about her is that she really likes hugs, so I give her one every chance I get. I hope to find more things that make her happy!"

Hella Downweather Hella Downweather " Me and Zoe have always had a close bond. We are both people that try to make the other children happy so we make a very good team. She hangs around me a lot which concerns me, because I want her to be with other children her age. It still nice to have her around though. Makes me feel like I am actually helping the other kids."

AlluringRose AlluringRose "I really look up to Aadine. She is younger than me, but I feel like I can go to her and tell her something and she won't judge me for it. There's time at the orphanage I get overwhelmed, especially being one of the oldest kids. There are somethings we don't agree with, but for the most part we get along."

Amyleii Amyleii "Amy is awesome to play with! She never gets hurt and is super fun. One time someone kicked at ball right into her face and she didn't even cry. I always try to say hi to her when I can."

Lunar Lunar "Um...Alice use to scare me, but I think she is a very cool girl. She stays to herself a lot, but I think I'm slowly breaking down her walls. Sometimes I will sit with her at breakfast and lunch, so we can talk about bugs. I don't like it, but she seems very entertained by it, so I don't mind listening. That's as far as are friendship is right now."
Blake had already been up and dressed when William and Maybelle came to wake everyone. He had woke up from a nightmare a couple hours ago and couldn't fall back asleep. Instead he had gotten dressed and decided to journal in a notepad until it was time for wake up. "Morning William and Maybelle! Thanks for making breakfast!" he said giving the two a big smile. Blake jumped out of bed and immediately began helping the other children get ready. He waved at Amy as she ran out into the hallway. Walked down the row helping kids put their shoes on or finding misplaced clothes. "I can't find my sock!" One little boy cried tears streaming from his eyes. Blake had immediately spotted it. a snatched it off the floor and gave it to him. "Thanks, Blake" he said with a smile. After walking down the rows her returned to his bed to slip on his shoes and make his bed when he noticed someone was still fast asleep under a pile of cover and blankets. The boy walked over to the bed and ripped the pile of the bed revealing Zoe asleep underneath. "I didn't know we let cave trolls sleep in our beds!" he said as he began tickling Zoe's feet. "Come on, all the pancakes will be gone if you don't get up!"

Interacting: Hella Downweather Hella Downweather

fa6af1515477b4ddbd461dd3a309102b.jpg

It was raining sweets. So many sweets Zoe couldn't catch them all. We were talking lollipops, jelly, small gummy worms and chocolates. Loooots of chocolates. If only she had a bag ! That way she could've brought some to the other kids in the orphanage. She was sure that if she found a bug shaped candy, even Alice would've eaten some. Running around in the field, trying to catch as many sweets as she could in her little dress, Zoe found herself falling down, only to discover that the ground was in fact just a giant bed. Laying down, eating sweets, it was truly the best....

Unfortunately for the little ball of warmth, her dream was soon interrupted when someone removed all of her blankets. She groaned at the lack of heat, and curled into a smaller ball, trying to find a bit of the lost heat.

-I'm...not a cave troll....I'm a sleepy fairy....

The argument didn't seem to convince Blake, who then proceeded to tickle her. Half screaming, half giggling, she could feel herself waking up completely.

-Noooooo !!! Please stop Blake !!! VERAAAAAA please help me.....

She tried to inch away from Blake as much as she could without leaving her bed, looking around to see if the older girl was near to help her.

Everskold Everskold

Last edited:
Vera
Vera was already awake when William began vigorously ringing the bell, it's metallic clangs causing her to wince. She positively hated when it was his turn for wake up call. He always acted as if it was his life mission to do it as obnoxiously as possible. But that was not the only source of her irritation this morning. Vera had gone to bed with a bit of a tummy ache and had tossed and turned all night, barely getting any sleep. Now the young girls hand rested on her belly, brow furrowed as she huddled deeper into her bedding. Sometimes she wished she could just stay in bed forever and never get up to face the day. She hated telling Mama when she wasn't feeling well. The woman was always kind and treated her well but for a split second she would get such a strange look on her face whenever anyone said they were sick, something different from worry. Vera always felt like she was letting Mama down when she got sick and she hated that she mad Mama feel sad for even a second.

With that thought in mind the girl groaned and rolled over, stretching her limbs before getting up from bed. Vera tucked her feet into her slippers before she walked past Cason's IKingI IKingI bed, playfully tapping him on the head as she went. The others were rustling about and getting up already but Vera made sure to check on the younger ones as they always needed a little extra help in the morning. She was just helping little Tommy into his slippers when she heard yelling. Thinking it was just rambunctious play she continued her task until her own name was being yelled. Vera jumped up quickly alert, messy hair whipping around as she looked for the source. It was Zoe Hella Downweather Hella Downweather who called for her and a quick glance told her that Blake MidnightStar MidnightStar was merely tickling her feet as the seven year old struggled to get away from him. With an exasperated huff, Vera marched over to the pair and promptly inserted herself between them. "Alright Blake that's enough." She eyed the boy warily, silently reprimanding him for causing so much commotion in the early morning hours. Come on Zoe." She held out her arms for the much smaller girl to crawl into. Her stomach chose to cramp painfully at that moment and Vera visibly winced. Not wanting to alert them to her condition she quickly schooled her features, the moment passing as if it had never happened even though her stomach felt like it was knotting into itself.

Cason
Cason was knocked out and spread pretty wildly across his bed with one leg propped up and his other dangling off the side. His guitar sat at the side never too far from him. He would usually stay up a little later than the others to play a nice tune before bed helping the others daze off. He snored lightly until his sleep was interrupted by the tap to his head making an eye pop open to see who it was. He sighed and put a pillow over his head. "Vera you suck..~" Everskold Everskold He moved the pillow slightly seeing the other kids were also getting up. He groaned and sat at the edge of his bed sitting up. He yawned and hopped up on his bed grabbing his guitar and throwing the strap around him so it rested on his back. "Alright I'm up! lets get this day rolling." He Jumped off of his bed and started making his rounds telling everyone good morning and noticed Vera had taken care of what was going on with Zoe Hella Downweather Hella Downweather and Blake MidnightStar MidnightStar . Cason walked over to Vera and bopped her in the arm one time "You interrupted my beauty sleep." He chuckled a bit before shooting her and Zoe a smile. "See you guys at the table." He gave Zoe a head pat before making his way to the wall yo check and see who had chores today. When he seen who made breakfast he nodded to himself seeing that he and Vera had to cover lunch.

He went to the bathroom and washed his face and hands before going down to the dining room. He looked into the mirror a little lost in his reflection. He had been thinking about everyone he had grown close with in the house and thought that any minute mom would tell them they were adopted and oddly enough this made him sad. Not that they would end up having a new family but the fact that he wouldnt be able to see them again. He looked at himself and put on a smile one that would brighten up a room like mom would say and went down to the dining room.
'Dont worry yourself Cason.' He thought to himself before going to take his seat.

Alice

Alice sat upright and gave a deep yawn before opening her eyes. Underneath her eyes were dark bags, making her lack of sleep apparent, though the cause was still unknown...until she hopped out of bed. As she began to slide out of the tangle of sheets, several books fell out from under her blankets, each accompanied by their respective 'THUD's. "Aah!" She yelped as the girl quickly began to scoop the books up and hide them under her blankets once more; the previous night was spent reading in the moonlight rather than sleeping for the young Alice, she had "borrowed" the books from the Library during playtime and hid them in the folds of her linen. Most of the books were about bugs, The Hungry Caterpillar, Buglopedia, and Ant-Farming 101; though one was different from the rest: Alice in Wonderland.
Alice loved that story, she felt a strong connection to the main character of the same name. She always wondered what it would be like to visit Wonderland, she'd get to witness all of the amazing sights and colors...and she could ride a giant caterpillar! The ringing of The King's bell snapped Alice from her thoughts. She gave her bed a good once over to ensure that the books were properly hidden before running over to the Chore Board.

CLEANING: Alice and Amy!

"Ah." The girl sighed at the board. She hated chores, they were an unnecessary distraction to her, she'd rather be curled up in a corner drawing or reading to herself...or attempting to make friends. Speaking of which, it would be best for her to speak to Amy about their chore-for-the-day, though there is one issue: Amy scares Alice! Alice thinks that Amy's energy is too...extroverted for her, she doesn't want to be anywhere near the center of attention, and that is where Amy always is! As beads of anxious sweat run down Alice's forehead, she spots her saving grace: Vera! Vera is very kind to Alice, she had once drawn a picture of an ant, a fire-ant to be specific, and gave it to Alice to try and cheer her up when she was having a bad day. Alice pulls the crumbled up drawing out of her pocket and examines it; It is a bit crudely drawn compared to Alice's talent, though she appreciates the thought put into it by the other girl.

She quickly stashes the drawing away before quietly creeping up behind Vera. Vera seemed to be in the middle of coaxing a very sleepy Zoe, one of the younger girls in the Orphanage, to get out of bed. As Alice began to reach out to her, she noticed a faint wincing in Vera's expression, though she quickly stifled the expression and went back to her usual self. Alice shrugged this off as she reached out and tugged on Vera's skirt.
"Vera." She whispered in a hush tone. Alice gave her skirt a few more tugs and pointed at her own name on the chore board, then to Amy's, hoping she would understand what shes trying to say. "Help." Alice abruptly said, keeping up her stoic expression; though her brave facade seemed to be breaking as more sweat poured down her face.

~~~~~

Interacting: Everskold Everskold

Last edited:
She was squirming around, trying to evade Blake, when she felt something a bit peculiar. A tingling in her stomach, a phantom pain that did not really exist, someone...someone was hurt. Zoe had a name for when it happened, she called it her magic feeling. Turning around, she saw that Vera came to her help, interposing herself between the young girl and Blake.

Her savior !

The tingling in her stomach started again, and it didn't take long for Zoe to understand it was coming from the older girl. It was only natural for her to smile at Vera, slowly placing her hand on the girl stomach before chanting :

-Pain, pain, go away!!! Woooshhhh!!

She threw her hands in the air, as if she was casting a spell. Before crawling into Vera's safe arms. Away from Blake and his tickling. Feeling a bit cheeky, she stuck her toungue at the boy.

Cason went near to chat with Vera, patting Zoe's head in the process. Yeah, this was nice too. The little empath started to make herself comfortable, her head on Vera's shoulder, when Alice came around. Glancing at her, searching for the spiders and insects that usually went with her, Zoe was relieved to find none.

She was safe. She was happy. Yes, the mornings at the orphanage were the best.

[class=mainframe] border:5px solid black; overflow:hidden; margin:0 auto; width:70%; text-align:center; border-radius:25px; background-color:white; color:black; [/class] [class=imgspace] [/class] [class=pic] display:inline-block; width:80%; border:4px dashed rgba(208, 204, 199, 0.60); [/class] [class=Ainfo] display:inline-block; background-color:white; color:black; width:100%; border:4px dashed rgba(208, 204, 199, 0.60); [/class] [class=sideinfo] border-left:5px dotted rgb(241, 171, 79); https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/67/3f/ea673f09032d004a8d0725a3f7475571.jpg https://data.whicdn.com/images/94215133/large.jpg [/class]

[div class=mainframe]
[div class=imgspace][div class=pic]
large.jpg
[/div][div class=Ainfo]Age: 7

Height: 4' 2"

Physical health: Normal

Mental health/Mood: Contented

Code by Idea <3[/div][/div]
~Amara~

Amara opened her eyes, her light, nearly invisible eyelashes fluttering, sunshine filtering through them. Most of the other children were already out of bed, clambering around the room, struggling to put uniforms on... Amara just lay there, the sun shining on her face, making her blue eyes appear nearly transparent.

She seemed to have been forgotten in the usual morning clamour, which was common. More often than not, the quiet girl passed between the cracks of Vera's diligence in waking everyone up. She was usually the kid people forgot to find in hide in seek, too. One: because she was so good, and two: the serious, quiet child was often scarce in everyone's brains, not being loud or crazy enough to come to mind among all the other children.

But Amara didn't mind. She liked the peace and quiet, and when she wanted to be around her peers, she sought them out and was always welcome, as everyone always was here. Right now, she wanted to check on Aadina. Looking over to where her bed was, she found the cheerful girl still asleep. She slipped out of bed, bare feet hitting the cold floor, and tiptoed over.

"Aadina... wake up..." She said, just above a whisper, shaking the girl's shoulder gently. "It's pancake day, you know." Amara smiled. If there was one thing the quiet redhead liked, it was food. And warm, fluffy pancakes in the morning sounded just right.

[div class=sideinfo]Location: Bedroom

Mentions: Everskold Everskold

Interacts: AlluringRose AlluringRose
[/div]
[/div]

[script class=Ainfo on=init]
hide Ainfo
[/script]
[script class=imgspace on=mouseenter]
hide pic
show Ainfo
[/script]
[script class=imgspace on=mouseleave]
show pic
hide Ainfo
[/script]

What Is your name?

Blake rolls his eyes and laughs. "That's a weird question? I'm obviously a girl" he says sarcastically. "Oh...you're serious? I'm a boy...at least I hope so or mama is going to have to explain somethings." he says with a laugh.

Blake leans back in the chair and eyes the interviewer suspiciously. He grabs a pen and paper and begins to write on it. When he turns it around a the word physical is written on it. "You better not tell anyone...especially mama."

What power do they have?

1564859637924.png

Blake shrugs at the question. "I don't know. I'm a kid so I am a bit loud and rambunctious at times. Unlike the other children I really enjoy learning in school. I watch over the other kids and make sure the are learning and doing things right. The other kids will tell you I'm funny and a bit of a goofball, but I have no idea what they are talking about" he laughs.

What do they like?
"I'm not sure...my main focus is to help the other children in the orphanage. I do like doing puzzle and making the other children laugh. I want to make sure mama doesn't have too much on her so I try to help her which makes me happy I guess.”

What do they dislike?

IKingI IKingI "Cason is a bit too full of himself for my liking. However we do get along well especially playing games since we are so close in age. I don't talk to him much though. I would like to get to know him better!"

Everskold Everskold "I get the feeling Vera doesn't like me. I try to be nice, but I think I just get on her nerves. I like her though! She's good friends with Cason, so as long as those two are friends I'm happy for her. We are both around the same age so maybe that's why we don't get along." He shrug unsure.

Natural Flavour Natural Flavour "Amara is a very interesting girl. She is super serious...(too serious for my liking), so at first I wasn't sure how to present myself to her. The biggest thing I know about her is that she really likes hugs, so I give her one every chance I get. I hope to find more things that make her happy!"

Hella Downweather Hella Downweather " Me and Zoe have always had a close bond. We are both people that try to make the other children happy so we make a very good team. She hangs around me a lot which concerns me, because I want her to be with other children her age. It still nice to have her around though. Makes me feel like I am actually helping the other kids."

AlluringRose AlluringRose "I really look up to Aadine. She is younger than me, but I feel like I can go to her and tell her something and she won't judge me for it. There's time at the orphanage I get overwhelmed, especially being one of the oldest kids. There are somethings we don't agree with, but for the most part we get along."

Amyleii Amyleii "Amy is awesome to play with! She never gets hurt and is super fun. One time someone kicked at ball right into her face and she didn't even cry. I always try to say hi to her when I can."

Lunar Lunar "Um...Alice use to scare me, but I think she is a very cool girl. She stays to herself a lot, but I think I'm slowly breaking down her walls. Sometimes I will sit with her at breakfast and lunch, so we can talk about bugs. I don't like it, but she seems very entertained by it, so I don't mind listening. That's as far as are friendship is right now."

Blake laughed as Zoe rolled around trying to get away from his tickling. It definitely woke the little girl up which was what he was wanting to do. Vera came and ruined the fun stepping between him and Zoe. She eyed Blake probably because he was causing so much noise in the morning. He watched Zoe crawl into the older girl's arm and noticed that something was off about Vera. As much as he wanted to tease her for ruining his fun he decided to back off in hopes of not irritating her more.

After crawling into the girl's arms Zoe stuck her tongue out at him. He frowned at the girl, but he quickly changed to a smile. "I see how it is, Miss.Zoe. I guess I will go and eat all your pancakes." He gave the little girl a wink, before leaving the bedroom. As he was leaving he found Amy standing out in the hallway all alone. She must be waiting on some of the other kids.

The boy scooped up the small girl and spun her around. "Good morning Amy Cakes!" he said before pulling her into a big huge. She then set the little girl down and crouched down to her level. "Why are you here all alone. If we don't hurry the others will eat all the pancakes." He taps her on the nose playfully. "Want to come with me to breakfast or would you rather wait here?" Blake wasn't one to make the younger children do something the didn't want to do. He felt like they could make their own decisions. It was just his job to guide them in the right direction.

Mentions: Hella Downweather Hella Downweather Everskold Everskold
Interacting: Amyleii Amyleii

Last edited:
Mood: Calm and Happy
Mentions: MidnightStar MidnightStar Lunar Lunar Amyleii Amyleii
Interactions: Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Hella Downweather Hella Downweather

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The young girl's delicate eyelashes fluttered open as she was gently shaken awake. "Mmm...," Aadina muttered out, her mind and body still sleepy. Brown eyes looked up at the beautiful redhead before scanning around the rest of the room. Her pink lips pulled into a gentle smile as she stared warmly at the children, at her friends, and at her family around her. Every night, she was happy to go to bed. Because that meant that every morning, she could see everyone again. Being the heavy sleeper that she was, Aadina couldn't rely on the bells to wake her up every morning. Thankfully, every morning the children would wake her up instead.

Sitting up, Aadina turned her head back to grin at Amara before pulling the young girl into a gentle hug and made sure not to put too much strength into the hug.

"Thank you, Amara. I'll give you some of my pancakes today! Just because you're an amazing girl," she muttered lovingly into the little girl's hair. "Now," Aadina said as she let the girl go, "let's get ready for another day!" She loved the younger girl. Though Amara was only seven, she often acted well beyond her years. Even as the serious type, Aadina found Amara to be a very sweet girl that she loved being around. She knew that Amara loved hugs and so the older girl gave her as many hugs as she could, whenever she could. It made her happy seeing someone she considered to be her little sister smiling. It's always very calming whenever the two were alone together.

Slipping out of her warm bed, Aadina bid everyone good morning and quickly changed into her pristine, white uniform. Even when they wore the same thing every day, the brunette did her best to keep her appearance as clean and tidy as possible. Her reflection stared back at her as she stared into the small mirror on her wooden bedside table. A small, tender girl at the age of 9 stared back at her. After a few quiet moments of staring at the mirror and admiring her own reflection, Aadina patted and puffed up her bobbed, brown hair. She then giggled at nothing in particular as she gave a small twirl in front of the mirror. She looked ready for the new day.

She continued twirling and twirling until she reached Amara's bed and pulled out the small girl's uniform from her small dresser. Kneeling to the ground, Aadina looked up to Amara with a soft smile and whispered, "Here, I'll help you get dressed." Aadina found such joy in helping around the house, especially when she saw the smiles on everyone's faces. Mama even said that she'd one day grow up to be a wonderful mama as well. Remembering that moment made her blush.

"Ah!," Aadina shouted softly as she remembered that she was to do laundry with Zoe today. "Zoe! We do laundry together today. We'll do it after we have breakfast, alright?," she said as she addressed the younger brunette from behind her shoulder. Zoe was another girl she considered to be her younger sister. Like Aadina, the girl loved to help around the house. And surprisingly, she was also afraid of the dark and of spiders. Aadina found it kinda cute how they had that in common.

Last edited:
Vera

It seemed Cason had finally roused himself from his bed as he passed by the trio, elbowing her and patting Zoe on the head as he went. "Hm." She uttered a dismissive sound at the boys back making a note to get him back for that later. For now she focused on the brunette bundle of joy before her. Zoe Hella Downweather Hella Downweather was smiling that sweet little smile of hers, tiny hand making it's way to Vera's stomach. The elder girl stiffened for a second as she never failed to be surprised by just how intuitive Zoe could be. No one else seemed to notice a thing and yet the younger girl always knew when something was wrong. The little chant brought a genuinely affectionate smile to Vera's eyes, thoughts turning to just how much she truly adored the orphanage and the family they had here. Perhaps not being adopted yet was not so bad after all... But she only had one more year before she would be forced to leave no matter what she did. She vowed at that very moment that she would keep in touch with all the children as best she could once she left. Perhaps she would ask Mama about a way to do that later on in the day.

Vera enveloped Zoe's tiny body in her arms, a comforting hand on the girls back as she lifted her from the bed. She could not see the playful exchange between Zoe and Blake MidnightStar MidnightStar but judging from his threat she figured Zoe had probably made a face at him. Fearing she may have been a bit too harsh before Vera attempted to join in on the fun. "Let's get your slippers on hm? Blake isn't kidding when he says he'll eat everything." She laughed to indicate she was only teasing but Blake was already leaving the room by then. Shrugging at the missed opportunity, she lowered Zoe to the ground. Vera easily helped Zoe into her shoes and did a perfunctory check of her general appearance, finding only her hair really out of place. She took her hands and smoothed out some of the most offensive tangles and cowlicks before giving Zoe a thumbs up of approval. "Off you go, I'll see you at breakfast."

Now Vera wanted to check on Amara Natural Flavour Natural Flavour . The girl was usually a bit slower to rise than the rest so Vera made a point to help her up in the mornings. Vera quickly realized she was not needed this morning as Amara had not only gotten out of bed on her own but she was also waking up Aadina AlluringRose AlluringRose . It was just as well because there was a gentle but insistent tugging at her skirt. "What? Oh Alice, good morning." It was not totally uncommon for Alice Lunar Lunar to seek her out but it seemed the girl was not interested in exchanging morning pleasantries. She pointed to the chore board that had been posted last night. Vera read over it quickly, internally groaning at the mess that would be lunch time. Cason was more of a hazard than a help in the kitchen. She couldn't wait to see what he would nearly burn down today. But her own assignment was obviously not what Alice was concerned with. The tiny plea of 'Help' became clear when Vera saw the Alice was paired with Amy for clean up duty. That... would not work out very well. Amy was young and entirely too rambunctious for Alice to handle though the six year old did listen well to instruction it took a firm hand to keep the kids that age on task. Something Alice was not at all suited for and why she had come to Vera to solve her dilemma. She had a rather clever solution in mind, reaching out to wipe the sweat beading on Alice's brow with the cuff of her sleeve as she spoke. "Well you can switch with me and take on lunch duty with Cason," Normally Vera wouldn't dare to offer to switch as Alice was likely to have even less success with Cason but she was presenting the younger girl with a 'lesser of two evils' scenario. "Oooor-" Drawing the syllables out she grinned cheekily at the younger girl, "I can take your chores for the day. But! You have to play at least one game outside with the other kids today." She couldn't remember the last time Alice joined in on the fun and it was kind of disheartening to see. Vera had been looking for ways to get the girl to open up and join the others but had come up with very little so far. Positively pleased with herself for coming up with a way to satisfy Alice as well as help integrate the girl more with their group caused Vera to give herself a mental pat on the back. She really was too clever sometimes.

Amy watched as kids walked past her to lunch, she leaned side to side anxiously. She was smiling as each kid passed her up and waited for someone to notice her. As she stood there in the hall she was suddenly lifted in the air. The small girl giggled and gave a happy little scream as she was spun around by one of the older kids, Blake, he always played with her at recess or when he was taking care of the little ones but now she was with the big kids so she could try to be his friend now. “Yes! I’d love to go to lunch with you Blake. Let’s go get pancakes!!!” She said excitedly grabbing his hand and trying to drag him to lunch. Excited that someone finally started talking to her.

♦ Zion ♦
The older boy opened his emerald eyes reluctantly to the much dreaded sound of the bell ringing, signalling it was time to wake up. He groaned out loud, running a hand through his dark mess of hair. He immediately began to regret staying awake late at night to read books. "You only brought this on yourself." He mumbled to himself, laying there like a log for a moment as he listened to the other children cheerfully awake and prepare themselves for breakfast. As anybody could probably tell, Zion was not much of a morning person. It took him at least an hour to get the sullen look off his face after he had awoken, but after breakfast he would usually revert back to his usual self.

Hesitantly, Zion pulled himself out of bed and yawned. He watched the other children leave the room in jovial moods and smiled gently despite having been awoken at an undesired time. He reached under his pillow and pulled out the book he had spent last night reading and hadn't yet finished. He tucked it under his arm and headed out of the bedroom, stopping just at the doorframe before turning back. "Come on slow pokes, if you don't hurry I'll eat your share of pancakes." He said to the remaining children in the room, only half-serious. He understood that everything they did in this Orphanage revolved around a set routine and Mama didn't like it when things were delayed. So, he tried to speed up the others where he could.

Zion caught a glimpse of the chore board. Cleaning duty with Amy [ Amyleii Amyleii ] ? He looked around and quickly found the energetic girl attempting to drag Blake [ MidnightStar MidnightStar ] towards the dining room. "Typical." He snorted, fond of the younger girl. She was practically a massive ball of excited energy and never failed to put a smile on his face, so he was glad to be paired up with her on cleaning duty. Although she could be rather rambunctious, Zion knew exactly how to handle her. The boy trotted down to the dining room, taking a seat next to Carson [ IKingI IKingI ] and setting his book beside him on the table. "Mornin'" He yawned, tiredly.

What Is your name?

What power do they have?

1564859637924.png

What do they like?

What do they dislike?

“Yes! I’d love to go to lunch with you Blake. Let’s go get pancakes!!!” Amy then grabbed Blake's hand and started dragging the much bigger boy down the hallway. He laughed at the younger girl trying to drag him along with her tiny legs. Blake had to take baby steps just to keep from trampling over the small girl. Many of the children rushed by them, but Blake didn't mind taking it slow to the dining hall.

Zion had even walked past the two and Blake gave the boy a smile, but he hadn't seemed to notice or care. It didn't upset him though, because he knew that it took Zion a while to wake up after he was up. He was practically a zombie for the first hour of the day. It was kinda funny to Blake, but he knew better to test Zion. Once he's fully awake he would be much more pleasant to talk to.

After an eternity of walking Blake decided it was time to hurry it along to the dining room. He scooped Amy up into his arms and placed the small girl on his shoulders.
"A princess shouldn't be dragging his servant around. Rather the servant should keep the princess from walking." Blake continued down the hallway slowly, but faster than what Amy was going. He let the little girl enjoy the height until the finally made it to the doors of the dining room. Before walking in he took Amy off his shoulders ending the adventure. "Mama would be furious if she seen you on my shoulders indoors, but maybe when can do it again at playtime." he said ruffling the little girl's hair. "After you my lady, I will follow you to where ever you want to sit." he said holding the door open for Amy. Blake knew that Amy was nervous being in the big kids room, so giving her choices that made her feel important might help her adjust better.

Mentions: TinyCatastrophe TinyCatastrophe

Interacting: Amyleii Amyleii

Last edited:
Safe in Vera’s arms, Blake’s threat seemed so harmless. But still. He better not eat all her pancakes. Those Mama made were soooo good. It had the right amount of fluff and butter, just perfect with sugar syrup. She waved a bit at Blake as he was leaving before focusing all of her attention on Vera.

The older girl was a bit more reserved, but she always took good care of her, like this morning. She helped Zoe get dressed, making sure her hair was straight. So the little girl gave her an almost blinding smile and said :

-Thanks Vera ! I’ll make sure Blake doesn’t eat your pancakes ! I promise !

Aadina chose this moment to remind her of her daily chores. Awww...not laundry ! She hated doing it, the clothes were so heavy, and she was so small ! Pouting a bit, she grabbed Aadina’s and Vera’s hand, dragging them to the dining hall.

-I don’t want to think about laundry ! There’s pancakes I have to eat !

-----

Interacts with : Everskold Everskold AlluringRose AlluringRose

Vera

Vera allowed herself to be pulled along by an enthusiastic Zoe, rolling her eyes as she grabbed Aadina AlluringRose AlluringRose to take her for the ride as well. The trio made their way into the dining hall where practically all of the children had gathered at this point. Vera went to her usual place next to Cason but Zion had chosen to sit there today. She frowned but didn't say anything about it, instead choosing to sit beside Zion TinyCatastrophe TinyCatastrophe . She noted the book he'd sat on the table, picking it up and looking it over. "So this is what's keeping you up all night lately hm?" Vera had heard the shuffling of pages coming from his bed the previous nights. She knew well that Zion was big on reading, they both enjoyed books actually. He was intelligent and she liked that about him, she enjoyed competing with him on a intellectual level.

Vera fiddled with the book a little longer before setting it back in it's place. "Is it any good? I may read it when you're done if I find the premise interesting enough."

♦ Zion ♦
Zion yawned for what seemed like the hundredth time that day, and it was only the morning. He noted the final three girls enter the dining hall where they took their seats, Vera [ Everskold Everskold ] next to him. "It is indeed." He replied in confirmation to her question, not all that surprised that she was aware of him reading at night. He had taken great care to be quiet of course - choosing to read exactly 30 minutes after he was sure everyone was asleep, but Vera was always well aware of everything going on. He smiled slightly and nodded. "It explores the mechanics behind the machines created by Leonardo Da Vinci. His parachutes and flying machines are particularly interesting."

Usually, he'd simply smile and divert the children's attention to other books that he was reading - more simplified ones due to their ages and mental development. Each child in this orphanage was smart without a doubt, but still wouldn't quite grasp elaborate concepts such as mechanics. Or even be interested in it for that matter. With that being said, Zion still believed that Vera was an exception. She'd grasp it, he was sure. It was just down to whether she was interested in that kind of stuff. "If you find that kind of stuff interesting, I'll be willing to give it to you once I've finished reading it." He offered politely.

Cason had watched as everyone wandered around and found himself a little bored. So bored in fact that he played with the strap on his guitar. It was when Zion would take a seat next to him. He noticed that he was still tired looking and Zion chuckled to him. "Mornin bro, still waking up I see." TinyCatastrophe TinyCatastrophe Cason slid the book in front of him and read the cover and back of it to see if it could be interesting at all. Once he was done he started to spin it around on his finger.

He looked pass Zion and seen Vera take a seat on the other side of Zion. Cason smiled to her before putting the book back in front of Zion. He grabbed his chest and started to act wounded and lay across the table. "Vera... How could you, Not sit next to me!?" He said dramatically and played dead with one eye open. He chuckles to himself and sits up before sitting back in his seat. "It's okay traitor I'll forgive you this once. Also Vera I been working on my chess game with Zion I still suck and can't win but I think I'll try to beat ya today. I also want you to listen to what I been working on with my guitar before I play it for everyone else."
Everskold Everskold

He looks back to Zion and lays his head down on the table. "That book sounds like it'll kill me from boredom Zion." He crosses his arms and looks to the other kids waving at them as they come to the table.

Amy Pulls blake behind her excitedly and smiles as the other kids pass by them until suddenly she was lifted off her feet by Blake. he placed her on his shoulders and called her a princess. the small girl blushed a little bit at the thought of being a princess and hugged the top of Blakes head gently so he probably didn't even notice while he carried her to the cafeteria. she stared down at all the other kids from her new vantage point and smiled as she was now the tallest. she giggled as they made their way until blake reached up and grabbed her down from her throne upon his shoulders. "awww, I was having so much fun." she says sadly before Blake reminds her that mommy wouldn't be too happy about being carried indoors, but that we could continue at playtime. "OK! then we can go really really fast!" she said happily, before turning and almost starting towards the preschooler section and then realizing that she belongs in the big kids section now. she looks around, finger to mouth, wondering where she should sit, then awkwardly turns back to Blake with a look that was a mix between fear and confusion as she didn't know where to sit.

[class=mainframe] border:5px solid black; overflow:hidden; margin:0 auto; width:70%; text-align:center; border-radius:25px; background-color:white; color:black; [/class] [class=imgspace] [/class] [class=pic] display:inline-block; width:80%; border:4px dashed rgba(208, 204, 199, 0.60); [/class] [class=Ainfo] display:inline-block; background-color:white; color:black; width:100%; border:4px dashed rgba(208, 204, 199, 0.60); [/class] [class=sideinfo] border-left:5px dotted rgb(241, 171, 79); https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/67/3f/ea673f09032d004a8d0725a3f7475571.jpg https://data.whicdn.com/images/94215133/large.jpg [/class]

[div class=mainframe]
[div class=imgspace][div class=pic]
ea673f09032d004a8d0725a3f7475571.jpg
[/div][div class=Ainfo]Age: 7

Height: 4' 2"

Physical health: Normal

Mental health/Mood: Fine

Code by Idea <3[/div][/div]
~Amara~

Amara slipped her uniform on, liking the feeling of the cool material on her skin. Then she ran after the other kids who were already leaving the room, passing Blake and Amy cause they were too slow, and plopping herself down at a random vacant spot where she could see everyone well. She liked to sit at one end of the room so she could see everyone easily.

[div class=sideinfo]Location: Dining room

Mentions: MidnightStar MidnightStar Amyleii Amyleii

Interacts:
[/div]
[/div]

[script class=Ainfo on=init]
hide Ainfo
[/script]
[script class=imgspace on=mouseenter]
hide pic
show Ainfo
[/script]
[script class=imgspace on=mouseleave]
show pic
hide Ainfo
[/script]

blackgold.regular.png

af745fcdd9caddc814702a5f77c28dda.jpg
9f2829e64654c6974ad63ac574b14407.jpg
main-qimg-c69e95a442401ef60f3de6e8a274e5db-c.jpg
Left to Right: William "King Pin;" Maybelle; and Hazel "Goldilocks"

The children seemed to be very excited for pancake day. With all of their excitable energy, they made their way down to the dining room as William and Maybelle were setting out the plates and silverware. One of the children ran over to Mother and cheesed up at her. The child was one of the younger kids named Hazel, but many of the kids nicknamed her “Goldilocks.” She had long, gold-blonde hair and green eyes. The gentle matron smiled softly down at her.

“Mama!” Hazel happily exclaimed and held up her arms. Mama reached down to pick the child up and carried her to the staircase as the chipper girl wrapped her arms about her neck. As they reached the bottom of the stairs, Mama set Hazel upon her bare feet and told her, “Go have a seat Hazel. I am going to help William and Maybelle serve the pancakes.”

“Okay!” Haze shouted before she raced passed the big kids table to go sit with the smaller kids.

Mother disappeared into the kitchen and emerged with a spatula and a full plate of pancakes. She gave each child two big pancakes, and if they wanted more, then they would have to wait until she finished serving the rest of the children. As she made her unhurried round around the table, Mama announced, “Today is a special day, Children. Parents are coming to visit The Orphanage. Just one pair. One of you will get chosen to go home with a mother and father.”

The announcement stirred whispers and squeals at the table. Maybelle smiled extra wide at first, but then immediately her excitement extinguished as she looked around at the other kids. Odd. She thought that she would have been happy to have the chance of being selected, but now she was worried. What if she couldn’t see the other children ever again? Why couldn’t she have parents and her friends?

William, on the other hand, felt tight-lipped. His heart was racing at the news. Finally, he could leave this place—if they chose him. Why wouldn’t they choose him? He was the boss; the leader; and possibly the bestest and smartest kid here! I hope they choose me, he thought. One of the kids yelled at him for zoning out. William shot the kid a shrewd glare.

“Yell at me again and I’ll eat your pancakes myself,” he warned.

The kid sadly bowed his head as William dropped some pancakes on his plate.

Day One Chores
  • Breakfast and Dishes Will and Maybelle (NPCs)
  • Lunch and Dishes Cason and Vera
  • Dinner and Dishes Blake and Amara
  • Laundry Zoe and Aadina
  • Cleaning Amy and Zion

NPCs
  • William “King Pin” (10) a boy who likes to read crime stories and often talks in what he believes to be a gangster accent.
  • Maybelle (12) a very smart girl but she sometimes lacks common sense.
  • Hazel "Goldilocks" (5) one of the younger kids known for her full-head of golden hair.

GM Note: PCs are allowed another round of socializing before the hour shifts to the next period.

IKingI IKingI Everskold Everskold MidnightStar MidnightStar Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Hella Downweather Hella Downweather AlluringRose AlluringRose Amyleii Amyleii TinyCatastrophe TinyCatastrophe

Last edited:
Blake only smiled when Amy gave him a frightened look. She took her hand and the two grabbed a plate of pancakes. He noticed Amara sitting alone, so he decided they would sit with her. Blake sat in front of Amara with Amy to his left. "You can pick where we sit at lunch or dinner." he told Amy with a wink. He was about to say something to Amara until Mama made the announcement the parents would be coming to the orphanage. Obviously it excited all the other children, but he was more excited for them than himself. The idea of being adopted was nice, but he knew that he was getting to old for that. Plus, he would rather see one of the other kids get chosen rather himself. He would be content staying at the orphanage and caring for the children forever.

"How are you today Amara? I seen that we are cooking dinner together. That's exciting, huh?" he said giving the girl a smile.

Interacting: Amyleii Amyleii Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

Vera

Flying machines and parachutes- fascinating topics really. Vera knew well enough that flying was logically impossible, she'd tried jumping from the top of the staircase with Cason many times and all they had to show for it were several bruises. That never really removed the desire to fly though. And she knew that this Da Vinci was a smart man as they'd been tested on material regarding him before. Perhaps there was something they could fashion together and put into practice. She picked up the book once more, flipping through the pages before stopping upon the extremely detailed drawings of the flight machines in question. After a moment of pouring over the complex diagram she turned to Zion, "You don't suppose we could make something from his designs do you?" Vera was aware she might sound silly to Zion TinyCatastrophe TinyCatastrophe but her expression was one of total seriousness. There were a lot of bits and bobs about the house that could be used. They likely wouldn't have everything but they could make do. Perhaps there were even things in the attic they could use though Mama never permitted them to go up there... Still it would be nice to work on an exciting project with the other children.

On the opposite side of Zion Cason IKingI IKingI was putting on theatrics as he liked to do, Vera paying him little mind. That was until he mentioned chess and potential beating her. She laughed at this, smirking at the dark haired boy. "You couldn't beat me in your dreams!" She tended to affectionately called him 'dumby' but Cason really wasn't that great at chess or any other games like it. Even with Zion's tutoring there was no way she'd lose to him. She would listen to his guitar playing whether she verbally agreed or not; he already knew this and didn't need to ask. "We're on lunch duty today, you can play while I do all the work since I doubt Mama would like you burning the kitchen down." Better for him to play his guitar than get in her way anyways. She could stick him with dishes duty if she really wanted to. But now it was finally time for pancakes. Vera's stomach uncharacteristically grumbled as the sweet scent wafted through the air, Mama bringing a big stack and placing two pancakes on each plate. Vera immediately doused her own with syrup and began to dig in, surprised by how hungry she was despite her tummy ache earlier. It was then that the announcement was made.

Two parents were coming and they would be picking a single child to take home. For a fleeting moment she felt excitement, what if they wanted her? Could she finally have people to call 'mother and father'? But that moment passed almost as quickly as it came. With a glum expression she stabbed her fork into a half eaten pancake and sat back in her chair, arms folding over her stomach. A younger child was likely to be chosen. Someone like Amy or Zoe, adorable and sweet. Vera spared a glance at Cason and Zion to gauge their reaction. Being older themselves they likely felt the same way she did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back