• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Chaotic Slice of life M/M romance anyone??

Pink Venom

Roleplay Type(s)
So I was watching Catfish the series yesterday and before you click away, hear me out! You don’t need to know what that is or have seen it, it’s just very losely inspired by the act of catfishing online. I had a very random idea for a story. This would be something new for me, but I think it would be fun to write out and I was wondering if anyone would be brave enough to join me lol!

Here’s the gist of it though I’m more than okay with changing up details as long as the general plot is the same. I just added in minor details for explanation’s sake.

Muse A (this is who i would like to write for if possible) is a well known gamer? and social media presence. For years, his pictures have been used by fake profiles to catfish. He never thought much of it, until he noticed a theme that led him to believe they were all run by the same person or group of people. He’s received countless messages from people who claim to be dating him online. He’s also been accused of being the catfish himself. After a profile is reported and it disappears, a new one is quick to replace it. No matter how hard he tries, he can never get close enough to figure out who’s behind the fake persona.

Muse B (you’d have total freedom over who this character is I don’t have anything specific in mind) has had a rough life, especially romantically. His most recent relationship ended horribly, leaving him heartbroken and vulnerable. He meets a guy online (where and how is up to you) they become friends. Over time, Muse B starts to share with this person his past trauma and other personal things and they become very close. After several years of talking to this person online, he realizes he’s fallen in love. With it being the first time he’s ever felt his way for another guy before, and feeling so comforted and understood by this person, he never questions why they’ve never actually met in person.

One day while visiting a family member in a different city, Muse B sees Muse A in the crowd. He instantly recognizes the face as the person he’s supposedly been talking to online and is in love with. When he confronts it, muse A immediately realizes what’s going on and has to give him the bad news that he’s been lied to. They part ways, but Muse A later reaches out to Muse B and after some heavy persuasion, he convinces muse b to help track down the twisted individual that is stealing his identity.

Muse B agrees because he wants answers. Muse A wants his identity back. But what they both don’t realize is that this person behind the fake persona may much harder to take down than they could have ever imagined
. But while tracking down this person, they learn a lot about one another. B gets to know the real A, while A is learning about B for the first time ever.

That’s about all I got so far! If you’re interest of having anything you think you’d like to add, my DMs are open!! ✌️

Last edited:
EDIT: if I don’t answer DMs after a while you can easily reach me on discord at

SleepingInTheGardens#7168 ✌️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back