• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Changing Text color

If you select the text that you want to change, click the little droplet in the task bar and you can change the colour of the text there. If you want a very specific colour, you put in the hex code in the spot below the colour grid. There's a great resource for specific colours here. Hope this helps!

There are a couple of things I'd like to point out about changing text color as well. First, RpN lets you use both a dark and light theme for the website. While in my experience most people will use the dark theme, some people like myself will prefer the light theme instead. Picking a text color that's readily visible in both themes is quite difficult, so I recommend using the Background BBcode as well. Even if it's just keeping the background black or white depending on what theme you yourself use, it'll make it so that you and your partners will always see the same thing, and there'll be no moments where you can see the text fine, but someone else can barely read it because they're in the other theme.

And secondly, for the same reason, when you're done with the color you want to use, don't just change it back to black or white, because either one will be invisible to the other. Instead, use the Remove Formatting button - It looks like a little eraser, either in the top left corner of the post editor, or on the bottom right of the color choices for text. This will change the text back to the "Default" color, which changes depending on what theme people are viewing it in, eliminating the need to keep changing the background.

Hope this was helpful ^.^

Last edited:
If you select the text that you want to change, click the little droplet in the task bar and you can change the colour of the text there. If you want a very specific colour, you put in the hex code in the spot below the colour grid. There's a great resource for specific colours here. Hope this helps!
I want to point out that while this solution works, it only works while you have the rich editor enabled, which will f*ck up your code when you try to do anything more complex. Without going into divs, the BBCode for color is

Code:
[color=COLORNAME/COLORCODE]TEXT[/color]

Edit: What LegoLad659 LegoLad659 said is also of great importance. I recommend always coding your background color if you want to change text color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back