News Changelog - 8/21/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so this question has probably already been ask but it's mostly got to do with the new BBcode system that's going to be added eventually. When BBcode does come back, will there still be an option to write the coding yourself like before the big site update? Or will it all be done by buttons from now on?

From what I understand, that is a no.

@The Dark Wizard

I just wanted to ask why are there some of my posts/threads missing? Is this just a temporary glitch? Because I need it for reference.

Example: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/☯-⊕the-age-of-kemonomimi⊕-☯.154507/ <-- this link doesn't work anymore and it tells me that it can't find it? Have any idea what is going on? Thank you for working on the update!

The new softtware changed the links.

Find yours via this link: https://www.rpnation.com/profile/21926-zareh/?do=content&type=forums_topic&change_section=1

I was just curious since I used a hosting site and used their hyperlinks to bring them on there. But, yeah. I'll get to posting them up again. Eventually. x D

Last edited by a moderator:
While I understand this and it does have some good applications (hiding posts that aren't ready to be revealed), it is frustrating not to be able to completely be rid of posts that have absolutely no use anymore.

Hiding posts serves exactly the same function as deleting them, when posts were "deleted", they were actually just kept out of public view, admins could still see and tinker with them if they wanted to, they were the only ones who could permanently delete posts.

Hiding posts serves exactly the same function as deleting them, when posts were "deleted", they were actually just kept out of public view, admins could still see and tinker with them if they wanted to, they were the only ones who could permanently delete posts.

No, I get it.  But I still see the hidden posts so it frustrates me as my pages aren't clean.  This is a me problem, I fully admit it, but I see the pages of character sheets that are no longer there and I want to punch my monitor.

Okay, so this question has probably already been ask but it's mostly got to do with the new BBcode system that's going to be added eventually. When BBcode does come back, will there still be an option to write the coding yourself like before the big site update? Or will it all be done by buttons from now on?

Technically speaking, BBcode is gone and will not be coming back.  The new system runs on html instead.  There are reasons, but the main one is that new software just doesn't support BBcode.  However, all of the formatting effects that we used to use BBcode for will be coming back eventually, once that particular update is ready to be added in.  They will all be through buttons, so no manual coding will be possible.  However, Dark Wizard is trying very hard to ensure that everything you could do with coding will be possible with the buttons.  That's part of the reason it's taking so long.

Technically speaking, BBcode is gone and will not be coming back.  The new system runs on html instead.  There are reasons, but the main one is that new software just doesn't support BBcode.  However, all of the formatting effects that we used to use BBcode for will be coming back eventually, once that particular update is ready to be added in.  They will all be through buttons, so no manual coding will be possible.  However, Dark Wizard is trying very hard to ensure that everything you could do with coding will be possible with the buttons.  That's part of the reason it's taking so long.

Alright thanks for letting me know because the first thing I noticed mostly about accordions is that you can't put BBCode in it anymore which is what I use to use to make my CS's most of the time. 

But thanks for clarifying things anyway, much appreciated.

Alright thanks for letting me know because the first thing I noticed mostly about accordions is that you can't put BBCode in it anymore which is what I use to use to make my CS's most of the time. 

But thanks for clarifying things anyway, much appreciated.

Accordions (and tabs, I had tabs all over my CSs) are also on the list to be fixed, so hopefully you'll be able to do that again in the future. ^_^  

I have been told this could take anywhere from one day to 3+ months... unfortunately. 

Even then, it won't be actual bbcode. It will be buttons in the editor that can mimic the effects of bbcode. 

Buttons sound soooo much easier!!! I might be the only person excited for this...but I truly am!

Also, thank you for all the hard work!

No, I get it.  But I still see the hidden posts so it frustrates me as my pages aren't clean.  This is a me problem, I fully admit it, but I see the pages of character sheets that are no longer there and I want to punch my monitor.

You would've always seen the hidden posts with the old 'soft delete' system - that's part of the permissions for being able to soft-delete/hide. It's not new, and I'm pretty sure it can't be changed.

Is BB code coming back? I really liked it.

In the form of buttons on the editor which will mirror its effects, yes. In the form of typing it, no, as that's not possible with our software. 

You would've always seen the hidden posts with the old 'soft delete' system - that's part of the permissions for being able to soft-delete/hide. It's not new, and I'm pretty sure it can't be changed.

I believe on the old site hidden content was at least collapsed. I'll see what i can do about that but its not a huge priority over everything else as its just a cosmic tweak, it is on my to do list though.

I believe on the old site hidden content was at least collapsed. I'll see what i can do about that but its not a huge priority over everything else as its just a cosmic tweak, it is on my to do list though.

I totally understand.  Like I said, it's a 'me' thing.  If it never gets hidden the world will keep turning.  I know other people feel the same way, but I feel I should also take a moment to say that it is more than amazing that y'all spend so much time on this and thank you for doing so.

I'm still waiting to find out what is going to happen with the images we already had on the character sheets.

Insert an image and click on it, you'll get options to allign it. I'm actually using it for an interest check I'm working on. Its built in.

But what if I don't insert it in from my computer, but instead drag it from a google image of a browser search? I tried clicking on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back