• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Changelings

"Yea, kind of a grey area there," He nodded, "Unless there were reason to think the nest was abandoned. I suppose then, it's mercy."

"Yeah! Though the eggs might not be viable then. But with geese it's easy to tell because the mom never leaves, and most of the time the dad is standing guard. Falcons not so much. A chick that fell out of the nest is probably fine to take, though it might be better too return it."

"Suppose it just depends on the scenario," He thought aloud, "What other creatures would be good. Oh, I suppose befriending a coyote or a fox wouldn't be bad."

"Aww! But would they hurt Brenni? Maybe a dog could protect him? Like, a dog meant to protect like an LGD or a guard dog. It could protect the goat too!" Maybe a shelter would let them adopt a dog? They would have to provide an address though... she could provide her old one? No way, then he might know she was from Massachusetts.

"I think we could train them not to," He proposed, "Unless we find a dog out here. Or a stray when we're in town, it might be hard to get a dog. But foxes and coyotes are pretty close. You could easily find and tame a pup. Just like adopting a puppy... Er.. Hypothetically. Can't say I've done it before, but my mom did. We had a pet raccoon when I was little."

"Aw!" She almost asked if it was legal, but realized it didn't matter. "What about squirrels? Oh! And chickadees! Sparrows! Robins?" But she glanced at Brennigan and realized all of the above would be poor choices. "Nevermind. I don't think Brenni would play nice."

Sveni looked at the cat and chuckled, "Yea, he might try to make toys out of them. Best to let the real small ones stay free. An opposum wouldn't be a bad idea though, especially for your garden. It'll keep pests out."

"I mean, we can get a few. Wouldnt be wise to have too many. Especially ones what don't hold much purpose to us," Sveni sighed, "As much as I'd love to have a menagerie of pets, out here, it's not as easy to have them. More risk involved. Brennigan can hunt, scout, and alert. He's a pretty good alarm system if something gets too close."

"He tried to warn-" she stopped before she said too much and looked at him sadly. He meowed, as if he knew what she was thinking about. "Um, yeah. And a goat and falcon could come in handy too? With maybe a guard canine?"

"Yea, those would all be good to have around," He agreed, "Where would we find a goat, though? I don't suppose we could scrounge up enough to buy one... maybe I can make a deal with old Matt."

"Probably not," she agreed. She was still pretty sure she could do something with shapeshifting but nothing came to mind that sounded legal or ethical. Assain. Theif. Robber. Pickpocket. There was probably something, though. Come to think of it, she had heard of changelings who were fantastic assassins. They could shift their fingers not to have prints if they wanted. Some didn't even need weapons, they made claws. She shuddered. She could never kill people for money.

"Theres a farm a few days west from here. He has a few, and always needs a helping hand. We might be able to strike a deal with him. He's always real helpful." Sveni said, "But we would have to wait for things to warm back up a little before we head out."

"Ok. What would you name it?" The first name that came to mind was Stocach, but that was very blatantly Irish, so she ignored the thought. Maybe Dris? Stop with the Gaelic, Seanait.

"Ah," He thought for a moment, "Gobhar? My grandmother used to have a Billy goat. I think that's what mom said it's name was. "

That was Gaelic? She glanced at him in confusion, but realized she wasn't supposed to know that. "Is that, uh, Scandinavian?" For all she knew, it was. Regional similarities.

"I think it's Gaelic," He said, "Her father was Scottish or Irish or a mix.."

She felt tempted to probe, curious about his Irish heritage, but knew better and stopped herself. Instead she nodded and smiled. She knew he wasn't a changeling, but she was yearning for another changeling to commisrate with, someone who would understand. Really, she was just wishing for Niall. No other changeling could fill that void. She missed her parents too, but knew it was impossible to ever see them again. If she was honest, the same was true of Niall, but until she knew he was dead, she couldn't stop aching for him.

"Her mother was Norwegian American," He continued. Both had been changelings, though they didnt know until they had children of their own, "I think both were witches. Or at least practiced magic of some form."

"Oh, uh," Sveni thought for a moment. Wait.. He cooked his head, looking at her with puzzled expression. What was that reaction? Does.. does she know what that means? He looked her over. Was it possible he'd run into another of his kind? "..Wild Magic.."

She froze and looked at him. "Are you adopted?" Either his great grandparents were those weird humans who thought they were witches, they were changelings but he wasn't related, or he was a changeling.

"No. I knew my mother." He answered, before continuing, as if to answer an unasked question, "My father wasn't like us.. left when he found out about our... witch.. blood."

That sounded like a changeling... better safe than sorry. She shifted the coloring around her eyes to give the illusion of them glowing. Golden eyes were inhuman, and drawing attention to them could code that they were her tell. "Do you mean... Irish witches?" Shoot! If he realized she knew what he meant he would think she was a fairy hunter!

"What are you runnjng from?" He asked, pushing the braided strand behind his neck, as if to hide it, "And don't lie.. I have no reason to think you're dangerous, but if danger is following, I need to know."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back