• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Champion of the Pantheon

BUT THEN IF THEY WANT TO UNITE ALL THE DEMI-GODS THEN THAT MEANS MAX WILL BE THERE!

The demi-goddess of the harvest had yet another smile plastered on her face as she handed him the flower, almost giggling. It turned into a full blown giggle of satisfaction as Mayavin put the flower into his hair, happy he liked it.

Sigrid almost stopped in her tracks once she heard the news, stunned. Those were horrible things he just described to her! Urami... Urami... Urami...

What was Urami the goddess or god of again...?

Sigrid heard Terra talk about them perhaps ONCE, but she couldn't quite put her finger on what their dominion was!

What should Sigrid do?

"I...I don't know... If it's an obvious trap, we SHOULDN'T go there at all... That's what whatever terrible person did that WANT us to do...but..." Sigrid began, thinking, then suddenly GASPING as the sudden realization hit her like a dozen tractors, "BUT THEN IF THEY WANT TO UNITE ALL THE DEMI-GODS THEN THAT MEANS MAX WILL BE THERE!"

Max would be there and LURED INTO THE TRAP!

Sigrid had covered her mouth with her hands in a very "speak no evil" pose, eyes wide and fear-ridden.

Thank goodness she HAD come across Mayavin, or else she may not get to him in time at all!

"Y-yes, lets teleport as close to there as we can as fast as we can! Hurry! We've no time to lose! If he gets hurt I'll never forgive myself for failing to protect him like mother wanted!" Sigrid pleaded to Mayavin, frantic.

Flareshield Flareshield

Mayavin wanted to teleport all the way to the city that the horrible events happened in, but since he didn't sleep all that well, he only had enough energy to teleport them to the next city over, with the train station. He teleported them there, then immediately fell onto a bench, weakened by the power it drained from him. He waited for Sigrid to get the train tickets, resting his head on the top of the bench back.

Suddenly, everything became black, and horrible monsters started appearing out of no where. The monsters circled him, and anyone who noticed would see the terrified look he had on his face. The horrible beast started closing in preparing to attack, but just then, Mayavin did something. He started laughing! Good god, he must be insane! (Alright you, out of my spot. Yes, we know you were writing from the perspective of someone else, but get out of here!) Mayavin was laughing because, in fact, he had not been scared at all. He knew the only one who would do this was Lucian. "Alright Lucian, the act is over, what do you want?" Lucian,(who I'm not even going to describe), stood in front of him and screamed, "Why didn't mother pick me?! I'm obviously better than you in every way!" Mayavin glared at Lucian and said calmly, "It's probably because you scresm all of the time when you don't get what you want, like a big baby. Also, she likes my attitude better." Pausing for a second, Mayavin glanced back at Lucian. "Now it's time for me to give you hell."

Lucian ran away, screaming, after Mayavin had used illusions on him. Mayavin then got a bag of potato chips out of his backpack, and he started to eat them while he waited for Sigrid to get back to him.

Minako Minako

Naga- Realm of the gods

"Mother how did a message of blood get on my statue. I've made it clear what happens to anyone who messes with my statue!" Naga was fuming when she saw a message which was obviously a threat to kill all demi gods. In blood mind you. Assuming that wasn't the blood of her followers she knew blood was not that easy to clean up. And her statue was already made of dragons scales. Which was just as tough to clean up.

Urami's Private Realm

The Vengeful Goddess smiled unnaturally, her jaw muscles moving in ways that shouldn't have been possible for any human form, as she watched her kin vehemently fume at the prospects of a 'damaged' shrine. Urami's expression neither form faltered nor changed in revealing her true feelings as she silently listened to the entire ordeal while sitting upon her throne. It, of course, was not any usual throne. Instead of being any inanimate material as one might expect, it was formed by the living heads of a hydra each bowing down together to form a befitting, monstrous throne for such a Goddess as Urami.

"Dear Naga, blood on your statue? I believe you might be mistaken, if any living God should be concerned it was my statue which was desecrated with such a foreboding blood message in front of it. The others only seemed decorated with a rather lively ornament or two. How insolent of some no doubt misguided followers of mine. Alas, that's a messy business that can be dealt with later. Revenge is best when bottled and stored like a fine wine anyways."

Urami motioned with an allure of her finger for her, strictly speaking, Goddess of a daughter to step forward closer. The cunning Huntress seemed to attempt and change the subject rather dramatically in a way that would hopefully ease the tensions between the two.

"It means a lot that you took the time to come speak with me Naga," Urami purred. "Does it not serve as the perfect opportunity to discuss the little game that's afoot? Tell me, Naga, did you choose your champion to place yourself on the throne or do you seek to help ascend another? Because I always take take care of my good children..."

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Undisclosed Prometheus Apartment Complex

Imuru slowly turned the shower handle off as he let the last of the frigidly cold water course over his body. While what most would consider unpleasant, the cold kept Imuru's senses keen and his body awake. Sadly, the most unpleasant part of the demigod's day was upcoming as he dried off in front of the bathroom mirror. The mirrored reflection of Imuru shifted and contorted until Urami was clearly staring down her towel covered child's body.

"You could've waited until I clothed myself..." Imuru grimaced as he was met by his Wicked Mother's same unappealing human form in the mirror.

"Where would have been the fun in that?" Urami countered as she cut her demigod champion off. "You know the next phase of the plan; wait until I give the order to enact it unless absolutely necessary. Understood?" The Goddess's voice became less playful and more stern as she made her demand.

In response, Imuru merely shook his head. For a moment, he was greeted by the mirror's image shimmering to show Shoga tenderly placing his hand up against the other side of the glass. In a mere heartbeat the lonely demigod placed his hand up against the mirror opposite to Shoga's and he could swear he felt his boyfriend's touch. Then it was just as quickly taken away as the mirror returned to solely showing his reflection. Sadly, Imuru finished getting ready before walking back to the main room of the apartment.

Draped across the master bed was a vast array of what appeared one-part deadly weapons, one-part improvised explosive devices, and one-last part magic infused trip wire and other various equipment to set up nefarious traps all neatly arranged in perfect order. Imuru's favorite blade was next to several garrote wires, throwing knifes, and other seemingly inconspicuous, small spherical objects. What appeared to be five extremely compact, well made explosive devices formed from everyday materials in a way only a child of Urami proficient in traps could create were neatly stacked one atop another with a hand controlled radio device likely linking them only inches away. Finally, from trip wire that seemed to radiate and shimmer while in Imuru's hands to lightweight bear traps all the way to more complex tools covered the rest of the bed.

Imuru hummed a cheerful tune as he neatly organized and compacted all of his equipment discreetly into an unassuming backpack. It was moments later that he was prepared for the long day ahead of him to set up the next stage of his Wicked Mother's grand plan.

"What's that strong smell, is it..." one of the other apartment residents walking by the front desk stopped in a slight worry to question the smell. Imuru, sitting perfectly calm and relaxed in the chair behind the desk looked up from the phone book to answer her.

"The iron smell? No, it's not what you're thinking. The landlord dropped a really old thermometer and the mercury has made a mess. He left me to watch over the front desk while he's working on cleaning it up."

Placated, the girl walked away off to her apartment while Imuru looked to the office, not visible from anyone walking the hall of the apartment complex, on his right at the landlord resting in a pool of his own blood from his throat being slit from one end to the other. The demigod made a mental note to lock the office door and apply plenty of air freshener before he left. Returning to the phone book, Imuru found the number he was looking for.

"Hello, is this the Prometheus Governmental provided Electricity and Utilities? I'd like to report that the city power lines supplying my apartment complex have been damaged. How long will it take for someone to be sent over here to address the issue?"

"..."

"A week? Look.. One of my tenants has her grandfather on life-support in hospice care and the generator cut off. She's having to manually pump the oxygen into his mouth and she can't make it to any of the hospitals with him in this state-... Wait, what? You can get here in the hour? You're a Godsend."

Imuru placed the phone down as he whittled his knife back and forth in preparation. All in good time... All for Shoga.

Three hours?!
Sigrid's mind was a bit clouded with worry now, so she wasn't noticing much of anything if it wasn't right to her face (not that she noticed much in general, being the air-head she was), and what was worse is that she didn't REALLY understand exactly what was going on.

Who did that? Was it Urami? Wasn't theirs also damaged?

Why do that to the statues?

What was the purpose of desecrating them so? Even their own?

Why lead all the demi-gods to one place, anyway? Would it not be beneficial to everyone to have them be as far away from each other as possible?

All these questions and more danced through her thoughts. It was going to be harder for Sigrid to protect Max if every demi-god was there and against him... She had to find some way to somehow counter frost or fire... at least for Max's sake.

Hopefully she could convince most of them to help Max...

"That will be $250.00, miss. You'd better hurry, as this train should be here in about 15 minutes," The ticket booth man asked her for the fare when she finally got up to it, having been in line for eternity... Though, in all fairness, every moment spent dawdling and not beside this Max she was supposed to be protecting felt like eons.

"Ah, right, of course," Sigrid took out the money slowly and paid him while praying internally to her Mother for answers, then asking, "Excuse me, how long will the ride be from here to Prometheus?"

"It'll be about three hours," They answered her abruptly, then shoo-ing her from the booth so others may buy their own tickets.

"THREE HOURS?!" Sigrid gasped, scurrying away after the impatient ticket booth man again shooed her off.

She didn't notice this, but in her current state and mood the flowers on her crown had begun to wilt as a clear indicator of her mood.

"Oh no...Three hours... I hope we're not too late..." Sigrid thought, distraught, but continuing to walk on, looking for Mayavin and finding him by the benches where one sits to wait for the train.

"I-it'll be here soon... But the train ride will last about three hours... I hope we get there in time..." Sigrid muttered quietly and forlorn as she passed him his ticket, sat next to him on the bench, and hung her head while gluing her eyes to the ground.

"Mother, please don't let me be too late..." Sigrid thought, counting down the minutes til the trains arrival that felt like hours.

Flareshield Flareshield

Urami's private realm
"I find this game pointless. My child has no loyalty to the other children and I have no interest in ruling nor choosing someone to ascend. I may love you Mother but my children take priority. Who he will help is up to him." Naga had taken it as misguided followers. Despite her doubts this was her mother. "I mean it's been a while since I had a child I had cared for. The rest where just moments of me wanting to feel what I did before being a god. Before the Dragons were made. I mean I do owe this position to you mother but some part of me wonders what happened if Girus said no despite you insisting on me joining." Naga sighed and scratched her head in wonder. It was a question she always had in the back of her head. So maybe it was best to ask her mother the question. The first but certainly not the last of the gods to deal with the pondering goddess.
Mist Demon Mist Demon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emile was sitting down for a break. It had been a good few hours since he started travelling. And the burning sensation in his hand was getting worse. "What on earth is going on with me. Since the dream my bodies fell all weird. Wait what in the world?" Emile was looking at his hand in shock. There were scales on his hand. And along with that sparks of fire were crawling across his hand. "What the hell is going on with my hand. Is my mom the goddess of Lizards or something?"

Sigrid and Tristan. It was only name, but that alone can be useful. She knew the name of most Gods and Goddesses, but demigods were a dark corner she never visited. She never knew any other demigod other than Max, let alone knowing their names. Still, now she know two of them. Sigrid, daughter of Terra and Tristan, son of Alemus.

"It is settled. I will meet you at the manor in two hours. We'll use my car, "

She finished her drink and paid for her drink and salad, before having a second thought and paid for Max coffee as well. Sarah grinned knowingly as she left the cafe. She was known for giving generous tip after a successful meeting, and this meeting was no exception. The walk to her apartment was pleasant, but it's not like she notice it too much. Her mind was too occupied.

A suit case with three set of clothes, a spare stun baton, and her passport along with some other documents. It wasn't much, but she could buy more providence when she arrived at Prometheus. Her mother lived there, and she would be too eager to help her only daughter.

Treya arrived punctually in a black sedan. It was a present from her mother on her 20th birthday, and she was proud of it. It wasn't new and a little outdated, but her old car get her where she want. That was enough for her. She had changed into a more convenient clothes for travelling. A pair of trousers replaced her skirt, although they were the same grey colour. She waited for Max to get ready.
Max grabbed an assorted variety of weapons, getting everything he could think of. He would be absolutely ready, no matter what. He was walking headfirst into a trap. Right now, he had the benefit of Urami's champion not knowing what he looked like. Girus had him learn many of the demigods before his demise, it was a king's duty to know his kingdom, after all, and he involved Max in much of his knowledge. Unless Urami had a picture of Max hanging around, if Max played it safe, he'd have the upper hand here. Whether it's Imuru, Elyssa, or Kirran, he would know before they knew he was here.

As Max made to exit the manner, he passed the shrine room. Any theist had a room with a shrine to their patron deity, but Max had made one to the majority of the pantheon. He stopped and stared at the statue of Urami. It's strange... I feel certain that you're the one who killed my father... how ironic is it? I wish to pray to you for revenge so that I might destroy you. As it is... I would never stoop so low as to pray to you. My revenge will be my own. If he was going to get vengeance, both for his stolen title and for his father, he wanted no god's aid. He would do this himself.

However, he found himself hesitating, and after a moment or two he grabbed he small statue of Urami and shoved it in his bag.

He activated all the traps and met Treya outside. "We should get moving as fast as possible."

Maverick Lucian
The smell of Burnt human flesh filled Mavericks nose, as he watched his beloved Lilith burn the city to the ground. It was a scene he had watched so many times he had lost count. In a shadow form he looked to see himself. Maverick had teleported behind Lilith, while she ignited another building on fire. The few people left alive screamed and scattered the best they could. He shouted out to her " Lilith please stop this madness!" He yelled to her over the roar of the flames. Lilith slowly turned towards Maverick, as both their wings flapped slowly. She smiled a evil spark in her eyes " And why should i do that Maverick these humans don't deserve to live. All they do is judge us, hunt us, murder us and for what? Because we are evil born of sin and darkness. They see us as monsters might as well give them some. " she said before sending a bolt of hell fire towards a young woman and child. Maverick looked away tears, anger and frustration in his eyes. He looked back to her " Please Lilith this has gone on long enough....i made you....please don't make me destroy you. " Maverick voice shaken by the emotion in his heart. Lilith laughed looking into his eyes " Whats the matter Maverick don't you agree with me? After all you should no better then i how mortals are. No Maverick i will not stop so i guess you will have to destroy me! " she said forming a full swarm of hell fire spears around here. maverick looked down closing his eyes tightly. In his mind he cursed his father for turning her to his side.

Maverick looked up opening his eyes slowly, they were completely blood red. He had never used this power on anyone besides a demigod born of lazdos. Maverick in a instant vanished into a cloud of black smoke. He appeared right next to her, and before she could react Maverick caught her arm piercing her skin with his claws. He vanished again appearing in front of her. He brought his hands to his mouth licking the blood from them. In that moments a pulse of intense Demonic energy shot forth from his body, giving a bright red glow
around him. He spoke in a tone that was more deeper, and demonic " Oh father of sin i pray to thy..." As he said this, his skin cracked blood flowed out taking a unknown form. It flowed around his his form taking a new shape.
monster-demon-claws-blood-moon.jpg

While this was happening Lilith's eyes widened with shock, and fear with hast she launched her hell fire spears. They crashed into a demonic barrier around Maverick which he held up using all his strength. Wave upon wave she fired even teleporting to him, and slashing away with her own claws. Her attacks were a lot stronger gifts bestowed by Zetherian to Lilith for her service to him. Maverick continued his chant "
Grant me your power..." A Dimensional gate opened behind him.
tumblr_n9nxlindr91r2miuno1_500.png

Lilith struggled with all her might to fight the coming attack, but to no avail. She would soon learn her fate was set. Mavericks shadow form watched almost un-phased by the repeated events he has watched. He continued again " For before me stand a betrayer of the sacred pact of blood. Take back your power from the undeserving, and forever burn the damned before me." A sword appeared in his hand made purely of his demonic blood. He pointed it towards Lilith, as she appeared in front of him for a split second. Hell stone chains appeared from dimensional rifts constraining Lilith in place. Mavericks form was surrounded by streams of black blood with a red glow. They swirled around his blade making a small whirlpool. He raised his blade pointing it to the sky black clouds formed above him, as red lightning cracked from the sky. Blood was pulled from any nearby people who managed to survive killing them slowly. The dead bodies burning even contributed alittle of there own. It all pored into his blade. His crimson red eyes locked onto Lilith's, while she screamed " Zetherian lend me your strength, and i shall give you everything even my soul!" she said in desperation. What she did not know was that he already owned it. Well until Maverick did what he had to do. In one quick motion he swung the blade downwards. It sent a immediate strike of red lightning to her. Her form instantly turned black her eyes a crimson red. She screamed in agony and pain, as her blood was torn from her body. Her physical shell deteriorated until a ghostly form was left shackled in chains. Red lightning continued to strike her, while her essence was slowly sucked into a demonic gateway to the realm of the void. She caste one last look towards Maverick before fading into the portal. Teeth closed the portal dissipating into crimson flames.

Maverick looked up to the black clouds " With my will granted i offer these souls to you along with a part of my life essence. " With that said maverick jerked back as his owned life essence was drained from his core. A stream of pure bloody red energy shot forth into the heavens before the clouds dissipated. He fell to the ground his mortal from taken once again. Gasping for air he barley managed to land without hurting himself further. His shadow form watched the scene unfold until everything began to bluer. He was taken to a strange place Where instantly he could see others around him. However what really stood out was the being before him. A woman he did not recognize must of bin a goddess from appearance. Then she spoke " Welcome demigods, I am Illisha, goddess of illusion and dimensions. You all probably have many questions, but all will be answered in due time. Your parents each want to tell you something, so I will send you all to meet them to let them speak of this 'game' us gods are having. " Maverick raised an eyebrow to the sudden strangeness of her words. It was not strange for his father to play games, but this sounded to be on a much grander scale. Before he could say anything he appeared in a dark room a small fire place in front of him. above him was a painting of his father holding the skull of a dragon. Maverick looked at it with curiosity till he felt a presence he had not sensed in along time. He turned in a instant claws out and ready to fight. In a instant his body froze Mavericks eyes locked onto his fathers. Zetherian looked towards his son with a smile " Know Maverick is that any way to greet your beloved father! " he said with a smirk, before letting Maverick go. Maverick regained his composer turning away from his fathers gaze " I shouldn't be greeting you at all. " he said with frustration. A chair appeared behind Maverick and Zetherian taking a seat. His father looked to Maverick gesturing towards him to sit. Maverick crossed his arms going to speak, but was cut off" Sit! " His father said before he could speak. He knew there was no point in arguing with him, so reluctantly Maverick sat down. He crossed his legs while his father spoke a wine glass in his hand " I presume you were already made aware of this game? " he asked. Maverick shook his head Zetherian nodding" Good then you know what i am going to say don't you? " Zetherian said without hesitation. Maverick nodded again" Yes but what is the point of this game, and why should i care at all what you do? " he asked. Zetherian took a drink from his glass a glimmer of essence swirled within. He spoke calmly" It is a game the gods want to play to determine who will ascend to the throne to rle us all! " he said with delight.

Maverick eyed him" Seriously what ever happened to Girus the only reason the throne would be available...." Maverick looked into his fathers eyes, as Zetherian smiled wickedly drinking from his glass. Maverick looked away" How i mean Girus was..." Zetherian cut him off " It does not matter now Maverick only that this works for me. You will win this game for me or at least attempt to for i can give you the one thing you desperately want!" he said looking into his sons eyes. maverick glared at him" Whatever do you mean father? " he said seriously doubting he wanted to hear his answer. Zetherian stood up walking over to a mirror in which he waved his hand over. The mirror shimmered till it showed a eternal pit of fire with a single strip of land in the center. On it was a young woman strapped to a pillar. Demons tortured her, as Maverick instantly knew who it was. Before he could speak Zetherian cut the view looking to his son" So what will it be? " He said with a twisted tone. Maverick sat there silently for a few moments before speaking " I will do it, but on one condition." Zetherian smiled" And what would that be? " Maverick clasped his hands together " That if i win you will leave us alone permanently forever." he said before standing. Zetherian looked to his son setting the glass down. He made a cross on his heart" I swear on my soul i shall grant your wish. " maverick nodded before he was instantly shot back into his own body. It had bin centuries since he had went into slumber. His body pained him a insatiable hunger over took him almost instantly. He was inside a ancient coffin he had constructed out of hell fire burnt oak.
horrorshop_com-sarg_mit_allen_utensilien-sarg_dekoartikel-sarg_schatulle-vampir_dekoartikel_gothic-26960-1.jpg

He struggled to open the coffin little did he know it was sealed from the outside. Zetherian spoke in his head"
A gift i send to you enjoy this little boost!" he says, before Maverick hears footsteps in the distance. Four men approach the museum casing containing Mavericks coffin. He was on display in the historical room depicting a event in, the Empire of Dravidian's history. It was related to the killing spree of the dreadful monster Lilith, and her Vamperic sire Maverick Lucian. Believed to be sealed away forever within the Coffin. He was recently discovered by a group of archaeologist, who dug him up from a tomb believed to be a temple worshiping the god Zetherian. While this Empire did not believe in the gods anymore, there were seldom few who still found them to be a source of interest. However the group appearing before him would not be a group of archaeologist, but a group of thieves attempting to break in in search of a ancient occult artifact believed to belong tho his father. Which was heavily priced on the black market if it were to be found.

She locked the doors and stepped on the gas as soon as he went into the car. Clouds of smoke trailed behind the accelerating car, accompanied by mad honking from startled drivers. She sped through a yellow light, narrowly avoiding a motorcycle. The blood pumping experience stopped once they reached the city limit, where the streets were quiet and straight.

" Is this fast enough for you? I would go faster, but I don't think it's safe, " she took a gulp from a bottle of water, moisturising her dry lips. She turned on the radio and increased the volume a bit, filling the silence in the journey. The sun was high in the sky, but clouds hanged low to the ground, giving them a cool shade.

The way ahead of them was straight and empty. They won't be arriving for at least two hours according to the GPS at the current speed. That should be enough, but she was in a hurry. She added more pressure to the gas, and the black sedan sped away on the empty road.

Max spent his time on the ride doing a variety of things. He pulled up maps of Prometheus and began dutifully memorizing it as best he could, noting every river and exit. He found the tallest buildings and the thickest buildings. He had to be ready for anything, including a quick escape if need be.

When he was done with that, he started scribbling on paper, jotting down notes one everything he could think of. Most of the ride was spent studiously planning, but by the last thirty minutes or so he became aimless and simply relaxed. He was still planning, of course, but it was more formless than his previously diligent work. After a few minutes of that, he looked out the window and frowned.

"Excuse me for a moment." He rolled down the windows and held his hands out. A large bird with rainbow wings was speeding down at them, yelling with something between a caw and a roar. Its talons were outstretched towards them. Max crossed his outstretched hands, muttered some words, before unfolding them in a circle and smashing them back together. He muttered a few more times, made more vague hand motions, and then stretched out his hands. As he did so, fire grew down his arm and moved, condensing around his hand before shooting off in a ball of flames. The flames collided with the winged beast as it screeched and pulled up, flying away from the car. "Had to have a run-in with a monster at some point. Keep an eye out, I can't see it from here. Tell me if it circles around."

Mayavin went towards the train station, ticket in hand. He wanted to be sure to get there fast because his strength was failing him. Creating a dimension was not something he wanted to do before going where all of the demigods would meet, as it took massive amounts energy to do, and would leave him weak until he got another night of sleep. It wasn't his fault he was in the action though, as he didn't know he'd run into Sigrid.

Boarding the train, Mayavin sat down, bringing out an neck pillow and an iPhone with earbuds. "I'm going to sleep to regain my strength, but I will be listening to music. Please do not disturb my rest." Mayavin knew she wouldn't, but wanted to be sure she knew. "Wake me up if we get there, or if there happens to be another demigod on this train, okay?" He then fell asleep, and was out cold in seconds.

He stood over a burning city, seeing his mother standing next to him. "Why on earth did you bring me here? Is this real?" Illisha looked at him sadly. "It is real, my child. A demigod of blood and evil. This place had no survivors, nor any of the other places he attacks." Illisha then said something into Mayavin's ear, and he looked surprised. They started, for once, to have a friendly chat after the seriousness was over.

Minako Minako

Mother, I fear I may fail you...

Sigrid nodded silently at Mayavin's request, intending to abide by it 100%, as she had no reason not to. They sat together on a train seat upon entering, and gazed at him slightly as he fell asleep, softly smiling at him a moment despite her mood.

"He must have been tired, which is why he was resting on that apple tree... No wonder..." Sigrid thought to herself, "And that was all my fault, oh dear, The poor man, I really mustn't be so careless..."

Resting her chin on her knuckles, she shifted her gaze to out the window as the train traveled to Prometheus. Normally she would be very happy to ride a train. She heard so much about these and it was so fascinating and wonderful to see the whole world just flash by her (or rather, watch as she flashed before the world).

The trees were like little bits of green through the window, some were close by and others looked tinier than a bit of broccoli. For a moment, Sigrid smiled, as she thought back to when she was a small child she pretended she was a dinosaur (complete with "RWARS!" and other such noises) and a broccoli was a full-sized tree, and she viciously ate it like the silly herbivore she was, shaking her head as it was in her mouth just because it was something she thought they would do.

But even the clouds, looking like the fluffiest of marshmallows painted on a sapphire sky, could not cheer her up, however.

As the sun gently shined on her face through the small curtains of the trains window, Sigrid thought about how the world was such a big, bright, beautiful place... Full of life and light and love... All because of Terra.

All because of her Mother.

Sigrid couldn't be prouder of that fact, and couldn't be more grateful she also got to be a part of beautifying the world, if only for just a bit.

It was breaking her heart she couldn't do the ONE thing her Mother asked her in return for the gifts shown Sigrid: To protect a single boy, the only boy Terra trusted to rule in Girus' place.

"Oh, Mother, I fear I may fail you," Sigrid quietly sighed to herself as the train went on.

It was so strange, it seemed to be going as fast as the winds breath, but there was no way that was going to change the fact it was still going to take some time to get to Prometheus.

Flareshield Flareshield

She usually hid her feeling well, but fear can clearly be seen on her face. Her hands trembled slightly on the wheel although she drove as steady as before. The music from the radio sounded more distracting than anything at that moment and she fumbled to turn it off. The field to the left and right of them felt different out of a sudden. The quietness gave the air an eerie feeling instead of the calmness and serenity it usually emit freely.

"W-what was that before? And since when can you shoot fire from your hand? "

She hated how she sound like. Frightened, unsure of herself, pathetic. Weak. She didn't have time for self pity despite how she felt. Even the straight road seemed malicious to her, a freeway to hell with plenty opportunity for assault. Trees were spare and the few that grew close enough to the road was thin and gave close to no protection.

A screech pierced the silent that roamed the air for a moment. Startled, she lose control of the car for a moment and it swung wildly to the left, barely scratching a patch of thistle bush. She looked in the rear mirror and see a rainbow wing flapping furiously behind them. She didn't hesitate this time. She pressed the gas flat to the floor.

"Max, rainbow bird. Right behind us. Hold tight, and please tell me you can get rid of it. "

"Simple magic." He said as he grabbed his bag from the floor of the car and began rummaging through it. "I was always interested in magic, but I was training to be a king, not an arcane scholar." He looked into his bag and reached deeper. "I pursued it as a personal endeavor, but never got very far. Still, it comes in handy from time to time." It was then that the car swerved. He jolted and hit his head against the side of the car. He groaned and rubbed the point of contact, but he spent very little time stagnant. Swiftly, he pulled an item out of his bag. Holding it in his hand, he nodded grimly. "Keep it off of us, I'll take care of it." He reached his hand up and pulled a panel off of the roof of the car, and stood through it.

His head poked out of the car, the wind resistance slamming into him with great force. It hurt, but he pushed his way through it as he turned to face the bird. Thanks to Treya's acceleration, the bird was lagging behind, but it was still gaining on them. He pulled out his pistol and began shooting at the bird. Unfortunately, the wind was throwing off his aim greatly, and most of the bullets went wide. Occasionally a bullet would make contact, but the bird continued to push forward through its occasional wound. Max grimaced. The wind is pushing really hard. Aiming at any angle is going to throw off my aim significantly... but with my body blocking some of the wind... Max aimed the gun directly in front of him, and the wind that was slamming off of his back curved around, leaving the gun largely unaffected by the wind resistance. It was still bad, but it was manageable. I have to align the car so that I can shoot directly behind me with no angle...

"Treya!" Max yelled, hoping she could hear him over the roars and wind noise. "Treya, move the car to the... left a bit!"

Mayavin woke with a start. His three hour music playlist was ending, and they were arriving at the station. Mayavin yawned and stretched. It was a good sleep and he recovered his energy. "Alright Sigrid here we are, at the city where it's all going to happen. I just hope none of the civilians get hurt with our fighting. I know some are capable of effortlessly destroying this city, and now I may be included." Mayavin whispered the last part to himself, but Sigrid may have heard him. He walked towards the exit of the train, and he gave his ticket to the person.

After they had gotten off, Mayavin led Sigrid out of the city, to a grassy area. "Sorry Sigrid, but I want to try out something new. Stand back!" Mayavin changed his posture suddenly, because he was casting something. It was a power not seen before. Suddenly, a purple ring appeared on the ground, followed by it getting more detailed. "This, my friend, is a gate. What will happen next will surprise you." There was a flash of light, (cause I'm too lazy to think how it will actually look to summon something), and a tree appeared. It immediately started swinging at Mayavin and Sigrid, trying to kill them. He sent it back to its own dimension after a few minutes. "I have developed a new power. I can summon things from other dimension. A great advantage, and disadvantage, for I can in no way control the things I summon. They have their free will, as much as we have ours. Remember this, Sigrid."

Minako Minako
IMG_0225.JPG
(It can come in different colors.)

Oh my goodness, that's amazing!

Sigrid spent the entire train ride staring at the outside world, worrying about Max, and hardly thinking of much else during the three hours.

When the 3 hours that felt like eternities were finally over and they had finally arrived in Prometheus, Sigrid couldn't wait to go running to find Max, but almost yelped as Mayavin dragged her off somewhere, and even though Sigrid knew it wasn't possible he could be taking her right to Max, she still hoped in her heart that was the case.

No such luck, Sigrid's hunch was right, though it was still amazing what she saw!

"Oh my goodness, that's amazing!" She cheered as he opened up the portal... and immediately took her cheer back when a tree monster appeared. She tried to reason with it, but it was of some strange magic that had taken that tree over to make it a monster, but luckily Mayavin brought it back from whence it came.

"M-my word... Yes, I'll keep that in mind! Just please be careful with it, alright?" Sigrid requested of him happily, smiling at his accomplishments.

"I...I don't suppose we'll be able to find Max with your powers, huh?" Sigird asked Mayavin sadly, pondering what to do from here.

They were IN Prometheus... But... How on earth will they find Max, even when he was here... If Sigrid had NO IDEA what he looked like?

Flareshield Flareshield

When Max opened the window, the stillness inside the car was replaced with the howling of the wind. Her veil fluttered wildly around her neck, desperate to have a dance with the gale. She tried not to think about the beast chasing them. Instead, she tried to focus on the empty view before her eyes. The dull grey tar. The endlessly vast blue sky. Anything other than what behind. The beast made her nervous, and she couldn't afford an accident on her way to fortune. Not now of all the time.

She only heard him the second time, his voice was lost in the wind. She didn't caught what he said. It was simply too noisy. The roar was deafening, but she thought she know what he ask for. Aiming with the speed they were at was as easy as cutting rock with knife. Glancing at the rear mirror, she can see that the beast was just a bit to the right of them.

"Hold tight, Max! " She tilted the wheel ever so slightly, careful not to get off the road. The car moved in line with the giant beast, giving him the perfect position and angle for a clear shot. Treya tried to held the position still. Despite the roar getting closer. Despite her heart screaming that she was stupid to move closer to the edge, she held still. She believed in him.

Last edited:
The car shifted in the direction of the beast, which was exactly what Max wanted. The car stopped moving just a bit short of where it needed to be. He frowned. "A little more!" He yelled as he slapped that side of the car, giving visual aid to what he meant. As he was looking down at Treya, the bird slammed down into him with a screech. "AUGH!" His body was pinned down to the roof of the car as the top of the car crumpled just slightly. His back ached as it dug into the roof, and his arms stung as the claws of the beast dug into his flesh. He growled in anger as he yelled, firing the gun that he still held in his hand erratically, but as he was pinned, the gun simply fired off to the side. The bird growled before yelling again, and it slammed its beak down to crush Max's skull. Max moved his head out of the way and head-butted the beast. The beast roared, disoriented from the attack. Max groaned in pain. "TREYA! I'M GOING TO DROP MY GUN TO YOU! GRAB IT AND SHOOT THE DAMN THING!" With that, Max waited a few seconds before releasing the gun.

The scratching sound of her only car teared her heart apart. She liked the car. More so than she dared to admit. Despite herself knowing Max didn't have any options, an irrational part of her mind screamed that he will pay for what he had done. She tried to ignore it, knowing it to be illogical. The bird growled again and punctured a big hole on the roof. Maybe her irrational mind wasn't so irrational after all.

Max threw the gun down at her. She didn't hesitate. She never shoot a gun before, but if she didn't kill the bastard, her car would be a wreck. She stretched her left upward aiming for the head at her best. There was a deafening sound, but the wind covered most of it. The bird is dead, and Treya never felt any better.

"Come down here, Max. It's over. "

Max nodded as the bird died, pulling out a knife and stabbing it for good measure. He went inside the car and huffed. "Thanks Treya." He looked up at the roof, where dents riddled the ceiling. "Ah, sorry about the car. It should be pretty easy to get that fixed in Prometheus."

The rest of the ride was quiet. Max reevaluated his inventory to account for spent ammunition. Eventually, after over an hour of driving, they arrived in Prometheus. Eventually, they found some random place to park their car. It didn't need to be somewhere specific, just enough so they could walk around and get a feel for what's going on. As they did, a news bulletin came on. "I think we're gonna wanna pay attention to this."

"An announcement has been made by the great king of Gireon, Skryx himself. People have been wondering how he'd react to the latest calamity, it seems the time is now to find out." The camera switched to show a view of the man standing before a large audience.

"This latest event," he began, "is devastating and atrocious. To defile one god's shrine is blasphemy enough, but all of them, even my father's, is despicable and criminal." Max grit his teeth a bit when Scryx said this. Of course, as king of one of the most religious nations in the world, he claimed he descended from a god. Fittingly, he claimed to be descended from Girus himself. Max, as a true child of Girus, knew this to be false. At least, it was largely false. Gireon was founded by a child of Girus, and since then it has proceeded down the bloodline. So, while Girus is technically related to Scryx, it is to such a low degree that they effectively have no blood connection. "Whoever defiled our shrines must be put to justice! Whether it was Urami herself, a child of hers, or one of her crazed cultists. As such, it will still be equivocally illegal to hunt down demigods, as if it were the murdereous, assaulting act that it is. However, a reward has been placed on the head of whoever did this. I declare this: whatever it takes, find the Urami supporter that has defiled us so, and put them to justice!" With that, the news broadcast ended. Max grinned.

"All according to plan," he murmured to himself. All it had taken was a little... nudge in the right direction. With that, he began to walk off.

"Maybe he just hasn't taken in enough sunshine today...?"

Sigrid didn't really understand what was going on, there was a lot of the same angry man ranting from a T.V screens across the city, though for the life of her she couldn't really understand what they were so angry about. It was making others angry as well, Sigrid sadly noticed.

"Maybe he just hasn't taken in enough sunshine today...?" Sigrid wondered to herself as she and Mayavin made their was to the statues that were ruined.

It was a horrible sight, every statue there was ruined and covered with... Sigrid didn't even feel right in her stomach looking.

"Mother... Your statue... I'm so sorry..." Sigrid thought to herself, sort of offering up a prayer of apology to her Mother.

"It is alright, little blossom, I know whoever did this DID mean disrespect, but they were not mortal. It was one of my kind that did such. I have no reason to be angry with the humans," Terra's wisdom could be heard after Sigrid's prayer.

"So... That means a GOD did this... But who? Why? I do not understand..." Sigrid asked, confused about EVERYTHING that was going on.

"It was Urami, but fret not. This is why I sent you to give Max aid. So that you can help him combat this," Terra tried to bestow her wisdom unto her daughter, but unfortunately, given Sigrid being... well, Sigrid, it sort of went in one ear and out the other.

Sigrid, turned away from her mothers desecrated statue, glued her eyes to the ground, feeling bad about all of the statues being desecrated and wishing she could understand why and what all this madness was for...

Flareshield Flareshield

Last edited:
Urami's private realm
"I find this game pointless. My child has no loyalty to the other children and I have no interest in ruling nor choosing someone to ascend. I may love you Mother but my children take priority. Who he will help is up to him." Naga had taken it as misguided followers. Despite her doubts this was her mother. "I mean it's been a while since I had a child I had cared for. The rest where just moments of me wanting to feel what I did before being a god. Before the Dragons were made. I mean I do owe this position to you mother but some part of me wonders what happened if Girus said no despite you insisting on me joining." Naga sighed and scratched her head in wonder. It was a question she always had in the back of her head. So maybe it was best to ask her mother the question. The first but certainly not the last of the gods to deal with the pondering goddess.
Mist Demon Mist Demon
Urami's Private Realm

The Vengeful Goddess's lips curled in a way that anyone who personally knew Urami would know she was disappointed with the answer she had received. Regardless, she played it off without making her expression too obvious while she listened to the rest of what Naga had to say. In the meantime, one of the hydra heads that was currently acting as a throne for Urami shifted around and rested its head in its mother's lap. Urami slowly ran her hand back and forth petting the monstrosity.

"Why of course Naga, our children should always take our first priority. I wouldn't have it any other way. Yet, even if you have no care for the outcome of the game or persuading your champion one way or the other, surely you care about your demigod child's life, right? This game could wind up bloody for all involved and you wouldn't wish such an... unfortunate fate upon your precious, would you? There is safety in numbers Naga and our champions could be stronger working together, don't you concur? Plus would we not wish for just as strong a bond to form between them as the bond between you and me?"

Silence, or as much silence as can be managed in a realm literally dedicated to birthing monsters, filled the room. Urami took Naga's last question to be rhetorical until it was obvious that the Goddess was searching for some kind of answer.

"My dear, we could go over hypothetical outcomes for all eternity. Maybe your dragons wouldn't have been provided divine recognition and protection thus resulting in them being smited one after another. Maybe you would of lived just fine without the petty rules of the Pantheon. What matters is that you were brought into the fold, for better or worse."

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Imuru's Adventures

"I'm telling you, I'd swear there's nothing wrong here," a governmental electrician offhandedly spoke while fiddling with the apartment complex's circuit box. After checking all of the power lines leading into the power devoid building and all other possibilities the man was soon to be at his wit's end. Meanwhile Imuru was casually checking down both ends of the hallway for any potential guests as he pulled out his garrote wire. The thin material easily wrapped around the electrician's neck before he even realized what was happening.

"Well, you never did simply try and turn it back on. Honestly, all I did was flip the main switch off..." Imuru grunted as he tightened his grip on both handles of the garrote wire and pulled back. Both of the electrician's hands grabbed at the wire to try and reopen his wind pipe but all to no avail. While kicking and struggling about the man managed to kick the main circuit breaker's switch back on returning power to the whole building.

"Look at that, I always knew you'd be able to fix the problem," Urami's child mocked as the death throws finally ended for the man. With haste, Imuru dragged the body back to the landlord's office to join the last victim before the wire was finally removed. The next phrase of the plan was upcoming.

It was minutes later that the eye-patch wearing, white-haired demigod was walking out of the building fully dressed in the uniform of a governmental electrician contractor with keys in hand to a new ride. Driving was always amusing for the depth-perception lacking Imuru, but he had far too much to do in far too little time to be concerned with any of that now. Prometheus was a metropolis with several major electrical facilities and radio towers that supplied the entirety of the city with power and communication both within and with the outside world.

Imuru casually tossed his backpack into the passenger seat of the van, explosives inside be damned, as he started towards his first destination. It was during this ride that the radio turned to a pressing announcement made by none other than Gireon's king himself: Scryx. Imuru, for the most part, was more focused on not dying while driving down the congested everyday traffic of Prometheus to be concerned with most of what the supposed demigod said. There was a small chuckle, however, when the mortal claimed to bring a Goddess, Urami herself out of all of them, to justice if she was behind what had happened with the shrines and statues of the main Prometheus Pantheon. Threats aside, Imuru wasn't that concerned with the attempt to bring order or even a bounty upon his head. Soon enough the city would be consumed by chaos and panic and those trapped within wouldn't be acting rationally in the first place.

Just as a thief in the night, Imuru slipped his way past security personnel after security personnel using his enhanced senses and acrobatic skills when necessary to both predict incoming individuals and avoid them as necessary. The demigod had only arrived at the power station minutes ago but he was already nearing his destination. After a few more close encounters, Imuru managed to leave outside a small exit door which led to a blocked off alleyway meant to act as a docking station for loading and unloading supplies from vehicles. After scoping out the open area, the half-blood made a dash for his prime objective: a sewer manhole cover.

Using all his strength, the Demigod managed to pry open the grate cover using only his two hands. The stench wafting from below was near unbearable but that was not what concerned Imuru. The near deafening sound of skittering and hissing made the demigod more than nervous despite him knowing what was to come. Imuru did his best not to look into the dark depths below as he firmly pulled out one of the improvised explosive devices and attached it to the bottom of the sewer cover.

"Stop! What do you think you're doing?" a stern voice cut off the demigod's entire train of thought.

"How clumsy of me," Imuru whispered as he chided himself for dropping his guard while being distracted by what lies below. The demigod slowly turned around with his hands raised above his head to witness a security guard with a handgun pointed directly at him.

"Terrorist!" the security guard exclaimed as he finally noticed the open backpack containing more explosive devices right next to Imuru.

"To be fair, I'm only enforcing a God's will. In this case, Urami's will," Imuru retorted as a small, rubber bouncing ball slipped from the demigod's hand. It seemed to bounce and contort unexpectedly as it stole the guard's attention for only a couple seconds. Which, consequently, was all the time that Imuru needed. By the time the guard looked back and started firing off his handgun Imuru had all but vanished.

"What... the..." The guard spoke in absolute confusion. In truth, Imuru hadn't exactly vanished. Instead, Urami's children (while not known for their magical capacity as opposed to physical traits or attributes) did tend to be highly proficient in whatever magics they could teach themselves. Imuru's clothes and skin had more or less turned chameleon as they blended in to the background, however as he ran small distortions could be seen in the supposed 'air'.

Meanwhile, the bouncing, contorting ball that the security guard had paid little attention to had rolled behind him and finished the transformation that Imuru had started. The growling behind the guard was his only warning as he tried to turn to fire off his handgun but was mauled by the hellish hound before he had the chance. As the man was being torn limb from limb Imuru added the icing to the cake by appearing out of 'thin air' right in front of the man.

Imuru was tempted to watch but he was pressed for time as someone would investigate the gunshots and screaming any moment now. The demigod rushed to place the sewer cover back over the manhole, explosive in place and disturbing noises from below entirely blocked out once more, as the hell hound obediently knelt down before contorting back to the common dog toy most people would play fetch with. Imuru tossed the ball back into the backpack before zipping it up and making his escape back to the van.

This was only the first stop, but luckily the rest would likely go easier as long as Imuru didn't drop his guard again. Besides, the demigod had considered whether to hide the body or not, yet it would only be seen as an animal attack, right?

That's what Imuru convinced himself of as he continued on with the rest of the targeted destinations.

Mayavin knew some dangerous person or god was behind the statues. He also knew the person might have laid a trap so it could ambush them. He also knew whoever was on the televisions, Mayavin wanted him dead. That idiot was doing exactly as the person who did this wanted, to make this a publicity to attract the remaining demigods. Mayavin then heard Sigrid's comment about him not taking in enough sunshine.

"No Sigrid, this ball of light has done the brightest thing ever. Expect to see other demigods around here soon." Mayavin said this as they arrived at the statues. They were about as horrible as he expected. Even his mother... Even he felt bad about this.

"Mother, I'm sorry about this. Your statue is ruined." This was the first time he actually felt a positive connection to his mother, through this monstrosity.

"Do not be down with sorrow. It was not your fault things occurred like this. But, as you have already figured out, you might be needed later. Tell your new friend, but no one else. I'm counting on you to not let Urami win. Do whatever you please, even if you want the throne." The throne, what an interesting thought. Mayavin muttered to himself, "I could put the world in an infinite illusion. Everyone would be frightened and I'd have the world with an iron grip. There's no way I'd do that from now though."

Mayavin tapped Sigrid on the back, her back to the statues. "I'm going to go nearby and render myself invisible to others. I have a feeling you're going to need backup sometime. It would be better from me, and the enemy would least expect it because Illisha's children are known for not giving a shut about what mother says. So unless a god or goddess does interfere, I should be well hidden from sight, and from knowledge. So see you later, and please don't tell anyone else." Mayavin jumped back a ways, then ran off to somewhere, turning invisible as he did so.

Minako Minako

Last edited:

Emile was finally somewhere else. It only took him a few moments to see that he was in the belly of the beast. ". Look Emile just try to be normal. Oh wait how does one with their hand slightly on fire look normal?!" Emile sighed before choosing to move on. "Maybe if I can find some big bucket of water or something. Yeah water could keep the fire down. While it no longer hurts I gotta figure out a way to douse these or get them to stop." At this point Emile was walking by some statues still concerned with finding a water source.

Urami's Private realm

Naga was silent for a few moments obviously thinking about what her mother said "Perhaps they would. But at the same time outside of fighting for us what promises do they make for each other. We could have an agreement but what's binding the demigods to any such promises. I must admit that Max made a good point but Mortals should not get wrapped up in the business of gods. At least that's probably what old Girus would say. I trust you mother but your child not so much. Who's to say they get selfish and decide to use my son as a meatshield seeing it as a noble sacrifice for their goal of making you queen. I gave my son the ability to make his own choice because he's seen what people are capable of. That's what makes him more qualified then me to choose an ally. He'll know who will try and stab him in the back and who won't. Besides outside of that I've lost track of another child who fell out of favor with me. Which is weird, I have never lost track of one of my children, in my favor or not. If I may mother I wish to head back to my realm and start searching for her. I have to start fixing what I did wrong." Naga stood their waiting for Urami to dismiss her.
Mist Demon Mist Demon

Last edited:
Before he could go any further, Treya held his hand. She didn't know what he planned to do, and she didn't want to know. She had her own plan, and she respected privacy.

"I'll be going to take care of my car and another business. If you need me, ask for Miss Helper at Pantheon Media Studio. You will need my card," she gave him a pitch black card. It was made of metal and apart from the word White, the card is blank.

"Good luck, Max," she gave him her sincerest smile before she leaved him for his goal. Her black sedan was first priority, of course. She couldn't drive around the capital in its condition. She drove it to a service centre not far from a small restaurant. The owner stared at her skeptically when she offered him a huge amount of money if she can get her car finished in five hours, but when she showed him a cheque, his eyes went bulging and no more argument was made.

She made her way toward Pantheon Media Studio, a studio that took a big quarter of the northern side of Prometheus. Not long after she had showed her card to a security guard, she found herself in a luxurious lounge, with a glass of cold soda on her hand while she sat on a sofa. The sound of a door opening attracted her attention, but before she can turned to her back, she was wrapped in a hug.

"Treya, darling! You don't know how much I miss you, " her mother was everything that Treya admired and loved. Affectionate, confident, persuasive, the paramount she always wanted to be.

"I miss you too, Mom. " A sincere smile appeared on her face. It felt nice to be with her after all that happen. She did miss her mom, but there was another reason she had went to visit her. And she loved her more for that reason.

Max wandered the streets after Treya separated. He wasn't sure he liked the idea of splitting off, but he supposed they could cover more ground that way. He had her phone number, it wasn't like they'd lose each other. Still, he had a lot of ground to cover himself, and he had to keep an eye out for demi-

He stopped in his tracks. Standing near a sewer was a boy he'd burned into his mind. He hadn't done anything, not to him specifically, but how could he stand to forget? A child of his greatest nemesis. Urami's spawn. By them being here, they'd just confirmed they were the champion of Urami. He had to do something, but he couldn't just kill the boy right here... well, he could, but it would be a lot of trouble. So, instead, Max walked over and talked to a few people, never keeping his eyes off the boy. After a few minutes, he finally approached the boy. A million scenarios ran through his head as he finally made a decision.

"Hell of a thing, what's going on with the shrines, huh?"

Mist Demon Mist Demon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back