• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Champion of the Pantheon

Assailant

The SHSL Shadow Alchemy Stand Using Lab Member
The king of the gods has mysteriously perished. The gods, naturally, want the throne, but they cannot fight each other. If they did, they would likely destroy the world in the process, and what's a king/queen without a kingdom? As such, they use their children as sort of pawns, a war of champions if you will. The parent of the demigod who wins will become king of the gods. This is where you come in.

You are competing for victory in the tournament. Perhaps you want power? Perhaps you want peace? The reason hardly matters in the end, for wars do not end without a price, and a divine war ends with a steep cost.

The children will have some sort of ability or abilities based on their parent. The child of a god of fire might be able to create and/or manipulate fire, the child of the god of love might be able to make others fall in love with them, you get the drill.

You, the players, will create the mythology of the world. You make your god and your demigod, and pit them against the others.

The players? Demigods, champions of their deity parents. The arena? A fantasy world with modern technology, the history of which is created by the players. The victor? Perhaps it will be the one with the greatest intellect, outmaneuvering their opponents at every turn. Perhaps it will be the one with the most unsurpassed brawn, slaughtering their enemies with complete indiscretion. Perhaps it will be the one with the silver tongue, forging alliances in their favor to win as peacefully as possible. A game of power... a game of love... a game of betrayal... a game of death.

Who will be... the champion of the pantheon!

OOC Chat: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/champion-of-the-pantheon-ooc-chat.324577/
Character Sheets: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/champion-of-the-pantheon-character-pages.324578/

AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2 Mist Demon Mist Demon Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Yarrow Yarrow SleepySloth SleepySloth @Asuka Romeno Idea Idea Profoundcactus Profoundcactus @Anyone Online dragonsfire dragonsfire

Last edited:
Max clenched his fists in righteous indignation as a laugh echoed through the stone halls of the throne room. He grit his teeth and stared up at the goddess who dared to mock him. After a few moments, the laughter ceased.

"You? King of the gods? Maxwell Teller, I've known you for many things, but I never took you for a fool of this caliber." He growled under his breath.

"Urami... as reproachful towards Girus and his kin as ever... though that's just like you, isn't it?" He exuded an aura of fear and intimidation. "That throne is rightfully mine... I am his blood, I should inherit it." Urami shook her head.

"You are but a mortal. Oh, and don't try your little fear tactics on me. They may work on small mortals, but they hardly affect us." Max sighed and dropped his intimidation. The gods would respond much better to charisma than fear anyway. Still, his disdain for her was clear.

"Is that so? My father proved to be exceptionally effective on you, or is your place on that throne not evident of that?" Her cocky grin quickly switched to a frown.

"My place on this throne was earned through combat and sacrifice, Teller," She spoke with venom in her voice, rising to strike him.

"Urami, please," Illius spoke. "Now is not the time for this. Remember our agreement." Urami scowled at him, but she sighed and sat back down.

"It was not the most favorable of agreements that I made with Girus, but do not mistake my sacrifice with fear for your father. Or, I suppose I should say, for your late-father. My condolences, as well." Max's anger towards her only rose, but he shoved it back into his gut as he looked around at the pantheon sitting before him.

"Yeah," Vudain finally said as he leaned back in his throne. "But, did ya really hafta choose THIS way of picking a successor? Seems... er, unnecessary. Lotsa work too." His eyes looked down in sorrow. "Lotsa work," he murmured again.

"I concur," Terra nodded. "It seems excessively violent. There must be a better way."

"I have no objections to it myself," Lazdos said with a growl. He looked over at Terra. "Wouldn't this be good for you? The bodies act as fertilizer." Terra pursed her lip, not really seeming to fully buy it, but she didn't object again.

"I'm not a huge fan myself, but it hardly matters!" Alemus boomed. "We've already come to a decision, after all."

"I'm afraid I don't follow," Max said with a raised eyebrow. Urami nodded and waved her hands out in a gesture of grandeur.

"A great hunt! Not between two partners, but instead many hunting many! A hunt on a caliber I've not seen in a long time, thanks to your father." Max got a cold feeling in his gut, almost fearful of her plan. His anger did not abate, even still. It seemed Urami sensed this, as she glanced back down at him.

"My father was killed, and the first thing you do is instantly disregard his wishes..." She waved her hand.

"This was agreed upon by the pantheon. I did not come to this independently... yet I sense that hardly matters to you." She surveyed him for a moment before she nodded. "I see, I understand. Maxwell Teller... you think I killed your father, do you not?"

"That has been the rumor going around, for sure!" Nis said as he leaned back in the throne. Oa, who shared the same throne with Nis, mirrored this action.

"If that is the case, praise be unto Urami," he said with a grin. Max glared at the two while Vudain pointedly glared at them.

"Yo, you two hush! You know how much trouble your kids have given me?!"

"Please... the boy's father just died... must you insult him directly in his presence?" Naga sighed at the two. Alemus leaned in with a conspiratory grin.

"Ah, but I didn't see you criticize your mother for the very same thing!" Naga simple looked at him in minor annoyance, but his quick laugh made her smile. "I only kid! Family is important, it's only natural to show favoritism! Tristan, for example-"

"We know you like Tristan. Please, we've heard enough of your doting!" Symphora snapped. Alemus looked at her for a bit before crossing his arms in annoyance. Max sighed, keeping his frustration inside.

"If any of you would be so kind as to elaborate..." Urami nodded.

"Very well, Teller, you will get a sneak peak before the other demigods. It will be a great hunt, demigod against demigod. Each member of the pantheon will choose a champion or two to represent them. There will be a great battle betwixt them, and the parent of the winner will take the throne." Max simply stared at all of them in disbelief. He looked around with a chuckle.

"You all let this happen?"

"Well," Illias said "There's also the fact that if a child pledges his or herself to another, or if they surrender, they are out of the running without dying. That way, diplomacy is still possible."

"Guess which one of us came up with that particular rule," Urami said with a roll of her eyes.

"It was him," Alemus whispered to Max while pointing to Illias. Of course, his "whisper" was the average person's normal speaking voice, so Max heard him just fine. Max glared at the pantheon before sighing.

"Very well then... I will join this game." Vudain rolled his eyes.

"Wonderful. Another soul to carry." Max shook his head.

"No. You will not be carrying my soul to the underworld... I'll give you as little work as possible. I'll save as many people as I can." Vudain smiled and laughed.

"Yo, I like this guy!" Max glared pointedly at Urami.

"You will not have your way." Urami glared back before she grinned.

"Yes... you think I killed your father. You want more than just the throne, you want to avenge him, don't you?" Max nodded.

"If that can happen, I would like to make sure my father's killer doesn't go free." She smiled.

"Well then, Teller, I never thought the day would come where I felt anything but loathing for you, but there's a bit of a monster in you yet. I've always had a soft spot for those who want revenge, and I just can't wait to see how this goes." She looked around at the assembled pantheon. "Does anyone have any objections to Teller joining the game?" All of the gods looked at each other, but none of them said anything.

"If I win though, I wish to be finally acknowledged as king among the gods." Lazdos nodded.

"IF you can win, I see no issue with that." Urami nodded and made a mixture of a grimace and a smile.

"Very well then, Teller, I acknowledge your participation." Urami walked over to Max and sealed the deal with her standard french kiss. After a few moments, the two seperated. Max subtly wiped his lips on his sleeve and shuddered in discomfort. Urami grinned.

"Was it as good for you as it was for me?"

"Don't make this weird."

"It already is, though I'm glad to know you hated it equally." Max glared at her for a few moments before he bowed to the gods and turned to make his way out of the throne room. As he left, he could hear the gods asking Illisha to prepare to set up a link. He knew enough about her to know this meant that he'd be linked with others in his dream, likely the other demigods, and probably for the purpose of announcing the death game. He wouldn't be having a restful sleep, that's for sure. He was ready though.

He would avenge his father... he would take the throne... and he'd spill as little blood as possible along the way.

Last edited:
Naga cupped her hands and placed her face in them. From her side the Pantheon was complete chaos. And she was stressed out by all of this. "Well with that I must take my leave from the throne for a while. I have to make sure Gabriel and Gweneth aren't trying to escape. I don't want a repeat of what happened when they were first born." Naga was surrounded by flames for a split second then she was gone. Leaving the rest to do whatever. No skin off of her back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emile was going through his usual day. Go to school, Eat food, Drink water, All of the standard stuff any 17 year old would do. He walked into his dads house only to find his dad was gone. "Guess work must be keeping him busy again." Emile opened the fridge and got some leftover Chinese food. After placing it in the Microwave he casually plopped down in one of the two chairs in front of the TV quickly going to the science channel to see what was on. For him he just sat there watching some shows and without even realizing it he fell asleep.

Last edited:
Tristan was bent over the hood of a car, making slight adjustments wherever it was needed. 'I should probably finish up soon. Dad's coming over for a little chat.' he thought, pulling himself away from the car. Alemus didn't mind if Tristan was late but the young demi-god did. Father comes first. Always.

'Maybe he pissed off another one of his co-workers again?' Tristan thought whilst stretching his arms, 'Last time he did that, he got stuck in the Underworld.'

Whatever the reason for Father's visit, it didn't matter. Tristan walked into their little house, hoping that whatever his Father wanted from him didn't end up causing some serious trouble again.

An Undisclosed Amount of Time Before the Conference

"Boo, you made me a promise," the strained, loving voice was the only sound shattering the otherwise tense silence being shared between a rather interesting duo.

For the last three years Imuru, a half blooded child of Urami often affectionately referred to as 'Boo' from his better half, had been living together with the man whose life he had saved: Shoga. Their home was likely similar to any of the Vengeful Huntress's other children in that the abode was far from any modern civilization. Instead, what appeared to be a hidden away cabin in the woods actually led into an expansive underground complex with no less than twelve different escape routes. It was dangerous for children of the Wicked Mother Huntress to live among the mortals of the world when at any moment new monstrosities could be sent to hunt them.

At the moment, however, the only danger was that a furious red head was standing beside a couple small suitcases containing everything valuable the two shared between them. Meanwhile, Imuru was sitting while idly whittling into a wooden table with a knife. After a few tense moments, the spinning knife cutting into the table was set down and Imuru turned his one decent eye back to face his rather peeved boyfriend.

"Look... I know I said we'd move to the city together one day but..." Imuru started but there was no chance Shoga was even going to let him finish.

"Three years, Boo. Three years since you pulled me out of that serpent your mother sent after you. In all this time she hasn't sent anything else after you. That's her MO, right? You killed your Grand Target and you deserve a happy life Imuru. You can't keep living in fear. We can't keep living in fear. What we've had together has been nice, but there's an entire world out there Boo. You spending all of your day hunting out in the wilderness to bring me home something to help you cook isn't a life. There's a modern world out there for us to explore and be happy together in..."

There was a moment where Imuru lowered his head in shame from his perpetual fear of what could go wrong. Not that he cared nor was worried for his Goddess mother or any of the people that could get killed in the city from his presence, but instead of how he could possibly save Shoga in an urban setting if something else was sent after him.

"Yo-You're right, love. It's about time that I stopped keeping us trapped out in the middle of nowhere. Away from anywhere you could have friends or something to do with your time other than focusing on survival solely. We deserve to be happy. You deserve to be happy, Shoga."

It was only as the duo was walking out the front door and preparing to make the impressive hike to civilization that Imuru's happy world was torn away from him in seconds. Imuru was preparing the last of the luggage for easier carrying on an extended hike when he sensed something was off. It was as if the wind itself died down and every animal went silent all at once. There was an increasing panic in the half-blood's heart as he dropped what he was doing and turned to look off at Shoga, who had been walking off down the path a bit to get a head start. Crawling at an impossible angle down an ancient tree, Urami in her 'human' form was intently staring down at the ginger with a gleeful look.

"SHOGA, RU-" Imuru didn't even get to finish his statement before it was too late.

The very grass around Shoga's feet began to coil and come to life as the blades of grass banded together and transformed into scale covered serpents. There was a brief moment where Shoga turned around, in complete horror, and began to mouth words, or so it seemed, to Imuru. The half-blood would never hear what Shoga had said as his every being was trying to close the distance gap between the two at an impossible rate.

The serpents coiled around the legs of the mortal and before Imuru could reach his love the monstrosities dragged Shoga off into a rift that had opened only momentarily and closed just as fast.

There were tears streaming down Imuru's face as he fruitlessly stabbed at the ground where Shoga had been standing as if that would re-open the rift the Goddess had clearly created. In the meantime, Urami approached her child.

"Tell me, sweet child of mine, are you angry?" the Goddess's voice was both coy and malevolent.

In response, Imuru lashed out with his knife in strike after strike, each one aimed for what should of been some vital organ if his target had been mortal. However, Urami merely laughed as her 'human' form contorted and bent in unnatural ways in a perfectly flawless dodge of each swing. It was then that the very blade that Imuru was using turned into a beating, bleeding heart in his very hands.

"I-Is this funny to you, mother?" Imuru all but snarled at calling Urami his mother "Didn't I already win your little game? Why take everything away from me now? Ca-Can you, in your grand wisdom, not tell what he mea-means to me?" the half-bloods shaky voice all but assured he was moments away from an emotional breakdown.

"Of course it's not funny, I love all my children and I can only wish happiness for them," there was a deranged, inhuman smile upon Urami's face as she spoke, "alas, I need you to be angry, hurt, and more importantly vengeful. Did you not feel the fire burning inside you as you lunged at your own mother? I just need to harness that a little in the upcoming future."

"Future?" Imuru spit. "What makes you think I have any intention of helping..." Urami waggled a finger back and forth as a projection appeared between the two. In an entirely otherworldly location, Shoga was all but trapped in a pit as all kinds of Urami's creations seemed to toy with the mortal in painful ways.

"He's alive, and will continue to be as long as you can perform just one more hunt for me. The greatest hunt, even, that I've ever gifted one of my children with. Go to the city and prepare child. When the time comes you'll know and have the advantage." Imuru listened in horror as the Goddess further explained his objectives and what it would mean he'd have to do. "Win, and you can have Shoga back and so much more..." Urami's eyes seemed to twinkle in the darkness that had encompassed the woodlands.

"Deal," Imuru spoke as the Goddess of the Vengeful Hunt sealed the deal as she does with every mortal. Caught off guard, Imuru could only reel in disgust afterwords from being french-kissed by such a malicious Goddess in a repulsive 'human' form.

After the Conference

Urami was pleased in clearly concerning ways for anyone that saw the delight of the Goddess. Everything was going to plan...

The Festival of the Harvest:

In a back-water part of the world, untouched by most modern gadgets of man, was the small, humble hamlet known to its people as Caershire. Caershire, though being tiny, thrived with dense fields of green surrounding it's outskirts for miles upon miles, its crops bountiful and delicious, flowers grew around it as if to celebrate its very existence, and its people are happy and wanting for not. Though they lived modest, simple lives they ate like royalty and had everything they needed to live comfortably.

At first glance, one would think the land was blessed.

At first glance, one would think the land was paradise.

Though, in some ways, it was paradise to the villagers, the true identity of Caershire could more accurately be described as "The Garden of Sigrid".

This "Garden" was indeed blessed, and blessed by the very daughter of "Mother Earth", known to all worshippers and non-worshippers alike as Terra, who went by the name of Sigrid. Sigrid Galariel.

Sigrid was a... simple girl (and by simple one should very much emphasize HOW simple when describing her) who wanted and needed for not, like her friends and father, and had always used her powers for their benefit so that they may live adequately despite not utilizing much tools (aside, of course, farming and cooking equipment) or technology, nor living close to any sort of civilization. She loved all of them, and they very much loved her at first for what she did, but as she grew up more... Sigrid-y... She indeed was loved simply for being herself, not just the gifts and blessings she bestows.

In fact, today was a special day for the Demi-goddess of air-headedness the harvest. It was the day the people threw a festival in her honor. It was her birthday and the day the land first became an Eden twenty-three years ago. This festival was also called the "Festival of the Harvest", for today Sigrid went all out and grew and sprouted countless fruits and vegetables and herbs for them, giving back all the joy they had given to her, even if the day was solely meant to celebrate the green-haired young woman with the crown of flowers on her head.

Music was playing through the common area of Caershire, the enchanting melody and spirit of the musicians engrossing everyone attending.

Sigrid, clearly endeared by all this, placed her hands on her heart in a sort of "/\" formation as she witnessed the spectacle and let the tune seduce her ears. The moon lit the area, along with the torches, almost illuminating the musicians and the dancers as they celebrated around her.

She sang and danced, and danced and sang, sprouting greens with every step she took, only causing the laughter and happiness to roar louder.

And, in that one instant, she made a wish: That they'd never get tired.

That they'd never get old.

They'd just dance with the demi-goddess forever.

And everything would forever stay perfect.

The only thing she would add was her mothers presence.

Every birthday she wished this, and though it never really did come true... Sigrid was happy anyway, for the love and affection she received was more than enough present for her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, Papa! Tonight was simply the best! The BEST!" Sigrid cheered while she practically threw herself at her father, Armine, into a fond embrace.

"Yes, little Blossom, tonight was divine. Happy birthday," Her father began warmly, hugging her right back.

"Ah, uhm, father, do you think mother might stop for a visit this year? I miss her so much, and I haven't seen her since I turned eighteen years old..." Sigrid sort of hesitantly asked this, pursing her lips and looking to the side, as she knew bringing up Terra to her father caused him great pain.

Even Sigrid felt her heart break when their hands parted upon Terras departure, their fingertips desperate to try to remain touching as they parted.

Armine sort of looked away for a moment, his face putting a facade as if he was in thought, but Sigrid knew it was partially due to pain as well.

"I am unsure, dear flower, when her next visit will be... but perhaps tomorrow or the day after she might? It has been a bit of time, and she never shows up exactly on your birthday because of the Harvest festival," Armine explained as bluntly as he could.

"Hmmmm...Yes...I suppose you are right... I hope I see her again soon... I can't wait to tell her of all the things I've seen and learned these past years!" Sigrid optimistically cheered, though having no solid evidence to believe for sure this was the year Terra would visit.

"Well, we'll only know when we wake up tomorrow, won't we?" Armine asked, snickering at his daughter, wondering where she got all that energy to be this excited after all the festivities.

"Right! The sooner I sleep the sooner I may see mother! Good night, papa! Sweet dreams!" Sigrid giggled as she hopped onto her bed, hoping and wishing for dreams of Terra.

"Good night, Sigird," Armine whispered into her ear as he patted her head and kissed her cheek before going to his own bed, hoping for the same.

Last edited:
The Fulgurian returned to the The Institute where his son and wife awaited him. He appeared in a room he made specifically for lightning bolt teleportation a talent of both him and his son. Laxus knew where his son would be this time of day sparring with his mother in one of the training rooms. He walked in on the two sparring with lives weapon amidst what seemed to have been a great battle. There was even bodies strewn everywhere. This environment and even what used to be two armies was generated by his magitek training room that is more like its own dimension with the door being more like a portal than a door.

Laxus warped right in between the two suspending their blades with electromagnetic force, abruplty ending their training session. The room enviroment instantly revert to an infinite plain space with a small building in the center that is the way in and out of this place. "Sorry to interrupt but there is a matter of the utmost importance I must discuss with my son." Laxus said to his wife kissing quickly before snapping his fingers and both Laxus and Raikou vanished in a flash of electricity. They reappeared in a different part of the Institute, it was a like a Study. It had a large screen opposite a desk and two comfy chairs in which Laxus and Raikou were seated.

By Laxus's command the big screen began playing the events of the Pantheon's last gathering as he explained them to his son. "Raikou, you are going to help me become the King of the Gods and take the Pantheon into a brand new age. There will be a competition you versus the other demigods, there will likely be a lot of blood spilt and the other gods will likely intervene in attempts to help their children gain an edge. You must be willing to crush anyone in your path and I will do all I can to lend you support but at times you may very well be on your own and you could end up dead. Will you do this for me, my son?"

Raikou sighed and candidly replied. "If you ask this of me, then I will not refuse. About time I put to use all of that training. But fair warning I am not sure I will emerge victorious especially if I end facing some really hot female demigod. But then again, you already knew that about me since I get it from you. I'll do it, father." He answered with a nonchalant expression and a shrug of his shoulders.

A few days before Girus death

The Canterburrs' mansion was filled with family members dressed in black. Relatives, both close and distant came to give a last token of respect to Archibald Canterburr, the most stubborn among his siblings. Although he was generally disliked by his children and relatives, they have endured the endless insult and sneer with a smile on their face. Of course, as the last survivor from his line, Archibald Canterburr had quite an amount of fortune including the family mansion and five different investments in several companies.

That man sure know how to enjoy life. Treya reviewed the last will of the elder Canterburr. Not that there was any need of it. She had revised the content of the will countless time with her client, patching up every single hole and fix any loophole. She had arrived for a while, but she took her time observing the mood of the crowd, which was obviously jovial although pathetically hidden under a thin layer of solemness. Predictions on who will inherit the mansion swirled around the house, revealing the true motives of the weepers.

When the clock struck three, dining hall turned silent as Treya entered the room carrying a slim briefcase and a stack of paper. Confused look appeared on some invited party with the absence of Ferrus, the well known family lawyer. Treya ignored those look. She took a deep breath before clearing her throat and start to read the last will.

" I, Archibald Rufus Canterburr hereby declare that this is my last will and testament. “I hereby revoke, annul and cancel all wills and codicils previously made by me, either jointly or severally. I declare that I am of legal age to make this will, and that I am sound of mind. This last will expresses my wishes without undue influence or duress. "

The will went on to describe each family member of the deceased. Sigh of reliefs can be heard from mentioned relatives while annoyance appeared visibly from unmentioned ones. However, all stares turned into one with murderous rage when a stranger somehow get mentioned. Treya recited the last will with a calm and composed demeanor, impervious to the change of mood of everyone around her.

" ...and to Maxwell Teller, whose letter had bring comfort and warmth in my old days, I left for him the mansion of Canterburr, in hope it brings what he gives me on the time of loneliness. "

Right on cue, everyone raised their voice and start accusing on the top of their lungs, saying they should be the one deserving the mansion. Treya sighed before she turned on her charm and took control of the situation.

" Nevertheless, ladies and gentlemen, that was what the late Archibald Canterburr wished for. Of course, you can always bring the matter to the court, but I advised strongly against that. "

After all, even the court can't do much. The will was written with her help, and no one would be able to change it as long as Archibald himself didn't revoke his signature.

Later in the evening, Treya sat alone in her office. The effect of her charm wouldn't hold after she left and she expect that the Canterburrs had called Furrow by then. She wasn't too worried about that. Instead, she worried about her current appointment. She had sent a text message to Max, asking him to come at five o'clock sharp. She didn't know how he would react. She wrote those letters under his name to cheer the old man up, but he got so happy she afraid telling him the truth would make him fell into depression.

The time was 16.55. The house deed she copied with her power lay on her table. Max could come in to her office any time.

(It is now night and all of the Demi-Gods are asleep, no exceptions)
It was the middle of the night and all of the demigods had gone to sleep. Whatever dreams they were having, they were ripped from them into some weird foggy dimension, in a wide semi circle with some other teenagers and young adults. A figure appeared before them, and they could tell that it was a goddess. She started with a greeting, saying, "Welcome demigods, I am Illisha, goddess of illusion and dimensions. You all probably have many questions, but all will be answered in due time. Your parents each want to tell you something, so I will send you all to meet them to let them speak of this 'game' us gods are having." After speaking, all of the demigods, with the exception of Mayavin, were sent to their parents, who were also in the dream.

Symphora stood in the middle of a withering forest. No greenlife in sight. Mist enveloped the forest, clouding the eyes of any who enter. The forest was like an ever-changing maze. Only those who Symphora gives consent to may find their way. Unless they were Gods or Goddesses. But she didn't need to worry about them. In all the centuries she's lived, no entity such as herself has come here much to her pleasure.

At the very end of the 'maze' was were Symphora resided. There wasn't anything there save for a table and two throne-like chairs made from what seemed to be rocks and vines. It would be fatuous of her to have more than that. In due time, anything that's around her long enough would met it's end. Even the chairs and table. At most, they'd last a week longer. This was exactly why she never bothered having a lot of things. In the end, it would always be wasteful. This was the same for the forest but whenever a tree or plant withers away, a new one takes it's place. It was the same for any fauna here.

Sitting down on the decrepit chair, she assumed by now that child was asleep. The last time Symphora saw her was when she was just born. Immediately after conceiving her, Symphora gave her to the person whose blood flows through the baby's veins along with hers. The father of the child, Leon Warner. She had found out he died a few weeks ago. She felt nothing and that filled her with grim. That man was the one person who she truly felt something for. Even till this day, Symphora could never understand why. She had conceived other children with different men but not one of them could ever be as special as Leon.

Symphora was aware that if anyone meant anything to her, it'd be Leon. Which was why she felt so disquieted. If she felt nothing even after hearing someone who meant something to her died, then she truly has lost her way.

Immediately after she thought that, her lips curled into a smirk. Maybe she was wrong. It could've been that all this time, she was lost in the illusion that she was a kind and compassionate deity. It could very well be that she has finally reached a revelation after all those decades. Yes, maybe she was always like this. Maybe.

The silence of the dying forest was broken by the sound of Symphora's crude laughter. She continued laughing as the forest weeped.

=====================

This was weird. Charis could feel that something was up. She never dreamed. Well, that was an exaggeration. She only dreams when something good happens to her that day and as far as she remembers, nothing like that occurred. She does have nightmares but even that wasn't often. She could feel that this dream was unusually. Like it was going to lead her into a big, bad mess. It felt real. That woman, the other people that were there with her, they all felt a bit too real. For now, there was nothing she could do. It's not like pinching would help.

When the woman mentioned 'parents', Charis lips formed a frown. If this was a dream, she'd be more than happy to wake up. She didn't want to see her father in her dreams. It justs makes it harder. However, the one standing before her wasn't the man whom she called her father. Instead, a woman who seemed to be in her late 20's stood before her. She had blonde hair that was almost white and eyes of the same color. Her hair was long and wavy. She reminded Charis of a character from a certain classical television drama. She was also wearing a cloak with the hood down. Charis lips felt dry. She knew she was supposed to know this woman but she couldn't place her finger on it.

By now, she had noticed that the scenery was different. She was standing in some sort of forest that looked like it was slowly dying. She couldn't really tell from all the mist. She turn her head to see any of the other people she saw before but to no avail. When she looked straight ahead again, the woman was suddenly a lot closer than before. They were an arm's reach away from each other. Usually, she'd back away but this was a dream as far as she can tell so her bad luck probably won't be 'active'.

"Tell me your name, child." The woman spoke, her voice reminding Charis of a rose. Elegant and refined yet sharp to the touch. If her voice was a flavour, she would say bitter chocolate.

".... Charis." She answered. She wanted to stay quiet but that would be rude. The woman showed no signs of danger, yet.

"Who-" Charis attempted to ask but was cut off by the cloaked lady.

"Leave all the questions for another time. Charis, my dear. Believe it or not, I'm the woman who gave birth to you. I am Symphora, Goddess of Calamity and Destruction. You, Charis, are a demi-god. Believe me child, this is not a dream nor a lie. What else would explain that problem of yours?" What the woman, Symphora, said was insane yet Charis felt that she was telling the truth. She understood what kind of problem Symphora was talking about. She had always trusted her instincts before. Why should now be any different? There was no harm believing it. The worse would be this being all a dream. She attempted to speak but was once again cut off.

"I did not come to have a conversation with you. I'm here to give an offer. Should you accept, you will be rewarded with things you could only dream of. However, if you choose to decline..." Charis had been listening intently. She could feel the change of tone in Symphora's voice. It sounded very much like a threat.

"... What is this offer?" Charis inquired as she looked at Symphora skeptically. Her gut had started to convinced her that this was all real but her mind was still trying to deny it.

"The King of Gods, Girus had died not too long ago. Naturally, there will need to be a replacement. However, we cannot fight against each other for that will cause the world to go into ruin. Therefore, the Pantheon has decided to let our children compete. If you win, Charis, not only will you gain power beyond your imagination but you will be known as the one who claimed the throne." Charis' head was starting to hurt by all this information but she was still able to keep a steady mind. Compete? Did she have to participate in a game? Sports? Chess? She had no clue. There was one thing she knew for certain.

"I decline." Charis said curtly. She could see Symphora's eyes harden as her lips pulled down into a frown.

"I see no valid reason for me to accept. You say you're my mother but you only show up now when you need me. I don't know you but I'm sure you're only using me for your benefit. Power? I want none and I'd rather be a background character than stand in the spotlight. Besides, I don't see you as a noble ruler. I see you as a greedy dictator. You have no traits of a good King or Queen or whatever. And in case you haven't realized, you're the Goddess of Calamity and Destruction. That doesn't sound like a good ability to have. I'm sure, you won't make anyone happy but yourself. I..I'm sorry, I'm being rude but again, I decline." The whole time Charis spoke, her voice rose and fell. She was torn between her own bewilderment and being polite.

"You are in NO place to talk to me like that! If you refuse me, you'll regret it. I will make sure not a day passes where you are at peace. Trouble will come to you wherever and whenever. You're life will constantly be in danger and in no way will you ever be able to smile again!" Symphora's voice turned into yelling. Charis took a step back, surprised by her outburst. Charis could see her eyes were filled with fury and something else. She wasn't sure what.

"I don't care. I've been miserable my whole life anyway. The worst you could possible do is kill me. Then again, that could actually be a favour for me and everyone." Charis was in no way suicidal but she didn't mind the thought. In her mind, you die when your time comes. So if she died because of her then that would've just meant it was her time.

Symphora's expression changed and suddenly the anger disappeared and her lips curved into a sneer. Charis suddenly felt fear in her gut. She could feel that she wasn't going to like what she was about say.

"Ah, my dear child, I see now. You care not for whatever happens to you. But I wonder, would you care for what would happen to those around you if you refuse me?" Charis felt her gut twisting and she was sure it was showing in her face because Symphora's sneer became wider.

"If you wake up declining, I'll make sure whatever- whoever you touch turns to ashes. Whoever you look at will receive misfortune with possibility of death. Anyone or anything within the same area as you will receive the same thing as well. Destruction and death will follow you wherever you go. Do you want that?" Charis gritted her teeth momentarily before her lips turned into a frown. She couldn't think of anything to say. She hung her head low in shame. She didn't want to say yes to her 'request' but that threat was too overwhelming. By now, Charis couldn't force herself to deny that this was real.

Charis could feel a hand on her cheek which she assumed was Symphora's. The hand then moved to her chin and tilted it up, forcing her to look at her. The girl could see her mother smile at her sadistically with her eyes closed.

"So, sweet, sweet Charis. Do you accept this offer?" Charis closed her eyes shut before nodding. Symphora, released the hold on her chin before kissing her forehead.

"That's a good child." She said before disappearing. Leaving Charis crumbling to the ground.

Last edited:
Emile had no idea what had happened but before he could say anything he saw his mother standing in front of him "Mom what's going on?What did that women mean by game?"

Naga walked over to Emile to try and comfort him but he backed away. She then remembered that her clothing was a little on the revealing side. She snapped her fingers into a more appropriate attire so that she didn't make her own son uncomfortable. She desperately didn't want her own son to be in this. Emile reminded her so much of her first Mortal child so she had heavy favor for Emile. But she had no choice in the matter. "Emile the gods have engineered a death game. We are all to send our children to battle. Now don't let that say you have to win. In fact don't be on your own. Find others that can help you. Find someone you can call your friend. I don't care who just don't die." Naga put her arms around Emile and hugged him just so she could comfort him. "I'm sorry but I can't explain anymore. Just survive for me." With that Naga disappeared leaving Emile alone.

"You were destined to move mountains"
What? A game?

Sigrid wasn't exactly sure WHAT was going on... but it sounded very...odd...!

She...She WAS dreaming, right?

Before she could question much else, Sigrid was transported to a beautiful field of flowers... The warm kisses of the sun making her feel like she could do anything, along with the flowers from the looks of it, too!

Thought she couldn't see it right away, she could hear a stream of water behind her, confirming it with her eyes as she scanned the area.

"Wow... What beautiful flowers! What a beautiful field!" Sigird cried in delight, unsure what or why this was happening, but she certainly wasn't complaining about it!

"Sigrid... My little blossom... It has been so long since I have seen you... I had hoped I would see you again under better circumstances than this..." Came her Mothers all too familiar voice... But Sigrid couldn't see her?

"Mother?! Mother, Where are you?" Sigrid asked, gasping, frantically (though if anyone could see her, they might describe it as hilariously) spinning around, trying to find Terra.

"There is precious little time, dear Sigrid. You must make haste... Else I fear dire consequences for the entire planet..." Terra emerged from the field, as if she was made of the flowers herself.

"What?! H-how?! Why!? Surely this cannot be because of this "game", right? Why would the Gods do something like that if it is so harmful?!" Sigird almost interrogated her mother, confused and a bit distraught.

How could the Gods and Goddesses do this!?

How could her own Mother allow this!?

"Because the King of Gods is dead. Many of the Gods who wish for the throne now fight for the seat, most likely all suspects in playing a hand to his death... And I fear a great deal of them only wish to implement their own designs... Not caring about the world at all," Terra explained, properly destroying Sigrid's misconception.

"H-h-he's dead!? But who would--!? Wh-who COULD?! Does he have no heir? I still do not see why this fighting is necessary... Does a Prince not succeed the King?" Sigird again asked, now properly confused for entirely different reasons.

"Like you, He is only HALF a God... And the other Gods do not think they should be ruled by one who is partly mortal," Terra told Sigird, her tone clearly indicating she was not happy about this, and agreed with Sigrid.

"...I see... What can I do? How can I help?" Sigird hesitated at first, but then nodded knowing she was needed and accepted her new mission.

"You must find the "Prince" and see to it that he WINS. Should he fail, then YOU must succeed. We have all chosen our children to fight in our stead..." Terra informed Sigrid of her new objective.

"...Oh... You...You think I can do this? I've only ever used my powers for the harvest... Not to fight..." Sigrid started stuttering, clearly concerned how she'd fair, thought she DID have experience with her powers, she never FOUGHT with them...

"Of course. I have undying faith in you, Little blossom. You are my daughter, and at your core, you have in you what I have in me, even more so also having what is in your Father. You are my chosen champion. You were destined to move mountains," Terra placed her hand of flowers on Sigrid's shoulder, encouraging her daughter.

"...How will I find him...? How will I know who he is and what he looks like? I've never met him before... I don't even know his name," Sigrid inquired for more essential details she would need.

"His name is Maxwell Teller. He's not that difficult to distinguish, and I suspect he would be somewhere near his home, located in Dives, a city far North of here, in the Kingdom of Gireon. He's made a sort of reputation for himself, so it shouldn't be too long to locate him. If you do run into any difficulties, however, simply pray to me, and I shall help you in anyway that I can," Terra clarified.

"...Alright...Either Max will be the Champion of the Pantheon... O-Or I will! I swear by it! I...I won't let you down, Mother! I'll find our Prince! I'll help him ascend the throne or succeed should he fail!" Sigrid decided, invigorated with her new ambition.

"I know you will, My dear Sigrid... Now go, the sun has already began to rise! Make haste, Sweet Sunflower, for the other Demi-gods and goddesses are sure to have begun their journey to challenge him as well!" Terra almost dismissed her darling daughter, then remembered something, looked hesitant for a moment, and then added before releasing Sigrid of the dreamscape, "A-and say hello to your father for me, will you? Tell him that I'll be there soon."

With that, Sigrid was plummeted back into the regular realm, outside of dreams, greeted by the morning light, filled with excitement and anticipation!

Tristan stood in front of his father, perplexed by the whole scenario. "A game? As in a battle royal?" he asked. Alemus merely nodded. They were in Alemu's forge; an endless realm where anything can be built. All around them Cyclopes assembled a variety of things; from shields to swords to lances. Forges roared as they worked to harden steel. Loud footsteps echoed as Cyclopes hurried to produce their daily quotas. His father stood behind an anvil, wearing nothing but the lower half of a suit of armor and a soiled apron. Alemus hammered a smoldering piece of metal as he spoke, "Yes. The Pantheon has decided that this will decide the new king of the gods," he paused to deal a rather powerful smack, "...or queen if you want to be progressive about it."

Tristan narrowed his eyes. He hadn't interacted much with the other demi-gods. Maybe a conversation or two whenever he visited his father in the Pantheon but nothing else. "A-And I'm supposed to compete?" he asked. Alemus nodded, his face solemn as he dipped the red piece of metal into oil. "The demi-gods are to battle it all out until one is left. Pass me that cloth over there by the way," he paused to wipe his face with the cloth, "Thank you. The winner is to be declared the king or queen of the gods."

"What if I refuse to fight?" he asked. His father paused abruptly before laughing. Tristan covered his ears as his father's loud voice drowned out all other sounds in the Forge. "A-And w-why would you refuse?" Alemus asked in between his laughter. "Because I know that this would only end in pain and suffering. I'd rather not fight my own kind."

Alemus grew quiet and stared at Tristan. He'd never seen his father get this quiet before. Maybe he did something wrong? Did he push things too far? Was he too aggressive and direct with his father?

"You will fight because I trust you, Tristan. The other gods all have some sort of agenda," he shook his head, "But not me. If and when you win-- and you will win, I tell you --I will simply be there to guide to. I will not influence you in any way. Your decision will be yours." he said. "I believe that you will be what this world needs to function in total peace." Tristan couldn't believe this. He was supposed to be what this world needed? But he was just a teenager. He hadn't even finished school yet! W-What would his mom thi--- "Oh, and I already spoke to your mother. She's fine with it." his father said. Tristan was stunned. His father always spoke so highly of him, but this? This was way too much trust and faith in him.

Suddenly, a backpack materialized beside Tristan. It was rather large and unwieldly. "Inside of the bag are your weapons, your clothes, some medical items, a bunch of food to last you a month, enough water to satisfy an entire village, camping supplies, and pretty much everything you need to survive the fall." his father said with a smile.

"W-Wait, the fa---"

Suddenly, a hole opened underneath Tristan revealing an entire forest 85 feet below him. His father grinned, "Be careful, my son." And the Tristan fell alongside his backpack.

Once all of the other demigods were gone, the landscape of the dream changed greatly. It changed into an infinite forest, where Mayavin knew he had to play his mother's own "game". Since first it was a forest shrouded in fog, he knew it would be something like a hide and seek game. In an infinite forest though? It is almost impossible to find anyone in these environments, and the goddess only did these games to test him. He could hear Illisha's voice from all around him, to not give away her position. "Mayavin, as you already know, we are going to play a game. Find me in this never ending forest."

Mayavin's first action was to see if he could climb the trees and reach the top of them. No surprise to him, though, they were infinitely tall also. He began his search, leaving prism stone illusions to remember where he had been.

Max frowned as he looked down at his piece of paper with writing scrawled on it. He had to prepare for the upcoming tournament, and that was exactly what he had been doing. Weapons were gathered, certain measures had been taken to fortify the building, and he was ready to fight if it came down to it. That said...

Max stood up and paced around the office. I'd rather not have to kill anyone, if at all possible... of course, doubtlessly, that's impossible. Whomever Urami's chosen will certainly be out for my head, and I can't at all imagine that the children of Symphora and Lazdos would take this sitting down. Even still... He frowned and left his study. After considering for a moment, he also left the manor entirely. He passively wondered if he'd yet thanked Treya for the gift, even though it wasn't her directly that gave it to him. Speaking of... as his sister, or his half-sister, at least, she needed to know about this battle. Perhaps he could recruit her to his side? At the very least, he should make sure she's either safe and out of it, or on his side.

Max pulled out his phone and pulled up her number. He quickly called her and told her to meet him at a nearby cafe. He had to talk to her about what was coming up. With that, he hung up and began making his way there.

Emile had woken up and was ready for whatever. The only issue now was figuring out what he could do. Surely being the son of a goddess gave him some sort of powers. In fact his mom left out what her domain was. "Ugh first this game and then mom never mentions what I can do. Well whatever it's an experience. And I gotta figure it out fast. Before some other Demi god shows up and picks me off.

Mayavin had completed the challenges his mother had set for him, and then she explained the whole "game" to him. "Why must the gods always make us do their dirty work? Couldn't diplomacy work?" Mayavin thought of what he said and laughed. Diplomacy? When had gods ever come to an agreement through diplomacy? He had woken up the previous hour and was wondering if there was any demigod he could team up with. Even though Mayavin had won fights before, none of them were against demigods and he didn't know if his illusion magic alone could save him.

Mayavin had decided to learn dimension magic, or at least more than warping from place to place so that no one would be attracted to the fights. He thought of creating his own, personal dimension of a flat plane so none of the other demigods had environmental advantages. He fell back asleep in a tree because time was longer in the dream world. He began training immediately after entering his dream.

"Good-bye, Sigrid!"
"Father!" Sigrid cried, bursting out of her bed as soon as she woke up, excited as she could possibly be.

"Sigrid? What's wrong, little flower? What's got you all in a fuss this early in the morning?" Armin chuckled, used to Sigrid's antics by now, of course, but not quite so early in the morning.

"Father, I-I had a dream! A dream about mother!" Sigrid gasped, practically yanking him down on a chair and explaining everything.

She told him of the game, and the field, and the flowers... and Terra...and Maxwell.

All with over the top, highly animated gestures, of course. In fact, in her excitement and story-telling, The daughter of the Earth almost smacked her father!

"I see... So, It would appear as if she is greatly relying on you... Much is at stake..." Her Father had muttered after a brief pause once she was finished explaining.

"Yes, Father..." Sigrid agreed, taking a deep breath.

She could do this.

She had to.

"And... Once you find this "Prince"... Maxwell... What will you do?" Armin asked, wanting to make sure Sigrid had a plan.

"I'll protect him and make sure he is the Champion, I will be his knight," Sigrid confirmed.

"Mmmm. You'll be facing other Demi-Gods... One wielding frost or fire could--" Armin began, talking slowly, as if not wanting to face the grim reality.

"I'm aware, father... But I cannot let the fear of failure keep me from doing this. Mother needs this... She wouldn't have placed such a burden on my shoulders if she didn't... Do you know where the nearest town is? Perhaps I can catch a train to Dives from there?" Sigrid asked.

"It's about half a days walk north to the nearest bit of civilization... But I imagine with the way you ride the earth and plants beneath your feet it should take you much less time than that..." Armin concurred, apparently deep in thought and already mentally figuring some things out.

"Yes, I imagine I might be able to sell some seeds or flowers to pay for the train fare as well," Sigrid followed in her Fathers lead and started mentally aligning cross-hairs of her own.

"Sigrid, I know I already gave you a birthday present yesterday, but... I want you to take this," Armin, again quiet for a moment, piped up after a bit of thought.

"Hm?" Sigrid uttered, now giving her father her full attention.

She lifted her head up from gluing her eyes to the floor, and was surprised to come face to face with a beautiful leather satchel. It had belonged to her grandmother, the woman she was named after. Sigrid wished she could have met her.

"Father?! Are you sure? Grandmothers precious satchel...?" Sigrid gasped, touching it as if she was touching a glass vase.

"I'm sure, Sigrid. Think of it as both of them watching over you in my stead," Armin chuckled, giving his daughter a light embrace as he gave her the satchel.

"I... Thank you..." Sigrid almost choked, holding back tears.

It was a humble, aged satchel, but she didn't care. It belonged to a good, honest woman, and that was good enough for the daughter of the Earth.

"I think you can pack a light dress in a bundle, but anything else should be able to fit in the satchel... You'd better start getting ready to leave. I'll go tell Caershire of your impending departure," Armin patted his daughters head while heading out of the hut, leaving the Demi-goddess of the harvest to pack for her new adventure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After only an hour or two of prepping and packing, Sigrid was finally finished, satchel filled with knick-knacks for travelling and what-have-you (such as a compass, a map, etc.)... And a bundle with a spare dress tied to a stick.

"OH...!" Sigrid cried as she stepped out, surprised to see almost the entirety of Caershire at her front door... All waiting to escort her to the entrance of the village, adding, "Wh-what's all this now?!"

"We're seeing you out, Sigird. After all you've done for this village, the least we could do was see you out when it was time for you to leave us..." Armin explained.

It looked as if all the villagers had money to give her, as she would need it out there in the "concrete world".

She had a heavy heart knowing she would have to leave everyone she knew and loved behind, but no face more heavier in her heart to leave than her father. Before she started on her way, she threw herself into a fond embrace upon her father.

Sigrid knew she was all Armin had, what with Terra gone. She did not wish to leave her father all alone. It was then that Sigrid had an idea... As she was going to approach the Prince of Gods... Perhaps... Perhaps this Maxwell could grant her Father immortality and Demi-Godhood, like herself!

It was worth a try, was it not?

She received all the money from the villagers with misty eyes, and gave each of them a hug as she reached the entrance... and looked back, one last time... One last look at Caershire.

"Good-bye everyone...! Goodbye Caershire!" Sigrid shouted, waving as she was walking away.

"Good-bye, Sigrid!" The villagers of Caershire yelled back, waving a fond farewell to her as well, as emotional as she was.

After only a minute or two of matter-surfing through the grass, Caershire was soon out of sight, and Sigrid's compass leading her to the nearest bit of civilization, and hopefully, a train to Dives.

Last edited:
The call did nothing but made her sigh in relief. When she had given Max the mansion, she had no idea he would change it into a fortress. Her morning was filled with the manor business. The Canterburrs' complained because the court didn't give them the manor. Her senior didn't openly complain, but his tone and look signed a disapproval for cheating the Canterburrs' from their inheritance. Well, who can blame him if she had the blood and charm of Girus, king of all God? She felt a bit guilty for stealing her senior's client, though. A bit.

Treya made her way out of her firm and into the street. Her briefcase rested lazily in her left hand. The leather pressing against her hand felt reassuring, more so than the phone safely tucked in her pocket or the stun baton hidden inside her dress. People will talk if they know she carry something like that everywhere, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

The cafe Max mentioned was her favourite meeting place with her client. Not only it is only a short walk from both her apartment and firm, it has a great selection of menu and the price is quite reasonable. She frequent it often on her way home. The waitress...no, her name was Sarah. Sarah worked in the afternoon every weekdays. She went to the cafe enough to be called a regular. Sarah gave her a smile when she came in.

" Your client is waiting, Miss White, " of course she thought of him as a client. She wondered how will she react if she told her Max is not really a client?

" Thanks, Sarah. I'll take the cheese salad and apple juice. Nothing too heavy," She had been eating too much lately. The fish sandwich is very delicious, but too much of a good thing is a bad thing, as she mother said before revealing a media scandal.

Treya sat directly in front of Max, a polite smile carved on her face.
" It must be very important for you to call me. Usually, you won't bother to send anything more than a text. Is it a problem with the manor? I can help you with the paperwork. "

Max smiled warmly at Treya. It was true, he didn't converse with her much: not necessarily out of a dislike or lake of care, he was usually just much too busy with things or his mind was too cluttered to manage a decent conversation, and he saw no reason to seek out a full conversation with her, as usually a simple text would suffice. Of course, she wasn't wrong. Given the circumstances, a face to face meeting was a necessity.

He sipped from his coffee casually, though his eyes remained stern yet warm. He wasn't normally a coffee person, in fact he rather disliked the drink: he found it much too bitter and pungent. However, he'd stayed up all night preparing his manor's defenses, and given the circumstances of this "game," he needed to be as alert as possible. He may despise coffee, but any little boost he could get was appreciated.

He lowered the cup after a moment or two. "Jumping straight to the chase... it's almost like we're related." He often didn't like to spend time making casual small talk. He only did that if he was bored and had nothing to say. If he had some message, he did not waste time with idle chit-chat. Any other time he makes small talk is usually as a means to an end. He paused, trying to figure out how to lightly bring the next news. "It's true though, these are dire times... I have come to say multiple things. First, I am unaware if you know, but... a few days ago, under mysterious circumstance, father died."

Last edited:
Inwardly, she felt a pang of loss. She didn't feel like crying her heart out. Her father rarely see her, and only with her for a short time when he visit. Never more than four hours. She counted every second he stayed with her, watched every boisterous laugh, every confidence grin, every affectionate stares, she memorises them all, treasure them....

Nevertheless, she loved Girus as a daughter would love his father. He was ever so distance, alone in a different world. His death felt more like the loss of a precious gift to her. A gift that fell into the embrace of death and never to come back. Treya straightened her back and hid all of her emotion deep inside. Her smile disappeared, replaced by a mask of concern and worry. She should think bigger. The death of the King of God can only mean one thing.

"That's... quite disconcerting. I imagine the gods and goddess would be fighting over the throne by now, " The glass made a small clink as Sarah put her apple juice and salad on the table. Treya took a small taste from her juice before she continued.

"Seeing that the world isn't a wreck by now, I can only imagine two possible alternatives than an all-out fight. Either they have found a way to settle things quietly...." her eyes twinkled with mischief. Another smile appeared on her face. A smile that can be seen as a mocking or a sarcastic compliment.

"Or someone claimed the throne already and become the new king of all God. " Oh, she knew some of the god doesn't like Max. Urami, for instance, the Goddess of Vengeful Hunt she had seen once on one of Girus rare visit. However, there is a small possibility that she is having a meal with the current King of Gods, and she won't dismiss the notion of Max holding the world in his hand lightly.

Max chuckled. "Were I to have my way, that would be the case." He frowned. "Urami seemed to coerce the pantheon into one of her 'games.' That is the other matter I wanted to discuss with you." He paused, letting silence hang for a few moments as he gathered his words. He needed to be gentle so as to not come across as hostile or needing, but he needed to be firm so she understood.

"The pantheon is engaging in a sort of 'war of champions.' The child who wins has their parent ascend to the throne." He grimaced and shook his head. "I have joined their war. The right to rule lies in the bloodline, after all. I've been raised from birth to rule, it should make sense..." He sighed. "Even still, I want to end this with as little bloodspill as possible. If all of the offspring alive at any given moment recognize one of the others as the winner, that person wins without having to kill those still alive." He took a sip of his coffee. "Some of the participants I feel rather certain I can convince to their side. Terra's daughter... Sigrid, I believe? I feel rather sure I can convince her to help me... others I will still try... but some of them I am sure I will have to fight. Urami would sooner take Girus's place in death before allowing her child to willingly bend to me without a fight." He shook his head.

"I apologize. I got a tad sidetracked." He finished off the last of his coffee and set the cup aside. "I wanted to warn you about this event. You can make yourself as involved or uninvolved as you please."

"Goodness, golly, Miss Molly!"
Sigrid was making her way to the nearest City, hoping she had enough money, at least, to cover the train fare, but expecting she would at least need to sell a few seeds and flowers to start, though she suspected the villagers gave her sufficient funds at least until Dives.

It was a glorious day, filled with sunshine and warmth, accompanied by a gentle breeze. Perfect weather for a plant goddess such as herself!

She was in such high spirits, she couldn't help but sing to herself as she surfed through the green, headed for civilization, to sing to herself a song:

"Be as free as you can be, a childlike love, a fantasy
The world is a mystery for you and me.
A miracle, an adventure too, a single wish waits for you,
The beating of your heart will see you through.

When you think you can't go on, give it another try,
The power of your youth is strong, and as big as the sky.
Search over the valley, the mountains and you'll see-eee...believing in yourself sets you free!

Come on, I'll give you romance!
Come on, I'll give you paradiiiiise!

Liberate the "you" that you keep inside.
Come on, I'll give you romance!
Come on, I'll give you paradiiiiise!

Make your dreams come true; you'll see fantasy...magic can happen to you!"
Laughing and singing while surfing, the demi-goddess of Earth eventually DID grow hungry, forgetting to actually eat breakfast in her rush to leave Caershire...

"Aheh, I guess I should look around for something to eat, shouldn't I?" Sigrid thought to herself, embarrassed.

She surfed around for a bit and, to her delight, found a huge apple tree not too far off from the "trail" she was following to the nearest City...

"Mmmmmm! Apples! They look delicious!" Sigrid internally cheered as she approached the tree and started shaking it for its fruit using her powers.

To her surprise, a person fell from the tree she was shaking!

"Goodness, golly, Miss Molly! Are you alright?!" Sigrid asked, feeling just horrible she dropped a person!

Flareshield Flareshield

Last edited:
Managing to finish what he was trying to do in his dream, Mayavin got ripped out of it by falling out of the tree. He sat up, dazed, and tried to get a bearing of his surroundings. Mayavin saw a young woman standing near him looking worried, and he suspected that she shook the tree to try to get apples out of it. "Damn, I knew it was a bad idea to sleep in an apple tree."

Mayavin stood up, rubbing his head. He looked up at the sun, and realized that he had slept for too long. The time differences between dream and reality are hard to tell as they can vary from dream to dream.

Realizing he had kept the person waiting for a response from him, Mayavin said, "Hello. As you can see, I just fell out of that apple tree, but I can assure you that I'm fine now. Do you want an apple?" Mayavin picked an apple from the tree and offered it to the person standing in front of him.

Minako Minako

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away!"
A normal girl would have questioned how a regular man could fall out of a tree completely unscratched.

A normal girl would have questioned how a man who looks like this one could possibly be "normal"...

But Sigrid was no normal girl!

"Yes, please! That's why I came to this tree in the first place! I was sooooo hungry!" Sigrid chirped as she took the apple this odd-looking stranger offered her unquestioningly.

She grabbed it hungrily and started biting into it rather quickly.

"Mmmm, you know -mmmmnnnmm- if you wanted a decent sleep -mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm- you should really try to nap on Hydrangea beds! They're -mmmmm- super soft and -mmmmm- You don't really fall that far from the ground when you get shaken off!" Sigrid tried helping this stranger in-between bites of the apple.

"Wow! These are so delicious! No wonder people say an apple a day keeps the doctor away!" Sigrid cheered as she was nearing the final bites to finish it in record timing.

Flareshield Flareshield

Users who are viewing this thread

Back