• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Champion of the Pantheon

The first thing Mayavin noticed is how this girl knew about Hydrangea beds, because no normal person would know the fact. It was either a floral fanatic, or a demigod of the goddess of nature.

He picked an apple for himself, and bit into it, as he was also hungry himself. The apples did taste good, and it seemed as though it was picking season for them.

He studied the girl again, looking for any unusual features that she might have had, and if she was a demigod, if the girl posed any threat. It would seem as though the girl had no idea of his long hair, as long hair wasn't very popular with men. If she was a demigod, maybe he could get the surprise on her and have an advantage, but Mayavin decided against it because it wouldn't be in his morals to attack an unsuspecting foe, especially one he didn't know if was his enemy or not.

He decided to give a vague statement to see if the girl would tell him if she knew anything about the gods. "So, which of the gods do you know by name?" If she answered it the way he wanted her to, he would be able to tell if she was a demigod or not.

Minako Minako

"...Uh...What...?"

As if hit by a beam of ice, Sigrid froze in place when he asked her of knowledge about Gods and Goddesses. Well, all of her froze except her eyes. Those were dilating to quite a small size and a rather odd smile awkwardly molded itself upon Sigrid's face.

In hindsight, Sigrid should have figured that a man with a hair color not too different from her own was probably related to deities (and though his hair was no-where near as long as her river of natural green-turquoise-dark green hair, it was still quite long for a man, and Sigrid really couldn't recall if she'd ever seen a man with that hair length back home)... If that was the case, it meant he was a potential enemy Terra had mentioned for the "game"...

And if Sigrid's hair and floral "crown" didn't automatically give her rather obvious parental diety away... Her plant-adoring ways just did...

What's worse was SIGRID HERSELF could NOT tell, should this man be a demi-god, who HE knew and who HE was related to... So, would he be an enemy, he ALREADY had an advantage over her knowing what element she had mastery of.

In her hesitance she stopped and thought for a moment... What would her mother do?

...What would Terra do...?

...Play it cool, Sigrid! Maybe you can still come out of this smelling like a rose!

Besides, just because he looked different doesn't mean he was her enemy. That's just a SILLY, backward way of thinking and enemy is such a strong word. Maybe he was just eccentric or something and wanted to know her knowledge for completely innocent reasons!

"...Uh...What...?" Sigrid blinked, finally regaining motor functions in her brain after making her decision, trying to play it off as being startled and almost choking on her last bite of apple (which wasn't too far from the truth, as she almost did choke from the sudden question) and clearing her throat to continue asking after swallowing the last bite of the apple, "I-I might, but... uhm... B-before answering wh-which, uh... Wh-why do you ask...? D-do YOU...uh... know...any...of...the...Gods...by... name...?"

If he had any suspicions about her being a demi-goddess before, her reaction to the question, and her counter to avoid immediately answering it, must have removed all doubt...

She didn't consider this, however, and chose to not lie regardless, even to a stranger. Truthfully, even if she was aware of this, she still would have opted for hesitant honesty.

Those years spent sheltered in a farming village did wonders for her social ineptitude...

Flareshield Flareshield

Tristan grumbled angrily as he walked towards the nearest city he could find on his map. Judging by the environment around him, he was nowhere near his home. "'Hey, Tristan. Wanna go on this stupid last man standing battle royal between all the other demigods that would decide the future of the Pantheon and the entire world? No? Well, too bad!'" he imitate his father's deep voice poorly. "I just wanted to talk to him for a few minutes and then he dumps this whole burden on me. As if I needed more pressure and stress in my life!" he complained.

He glanced at his watch. It had been a few hours since he landed in this strange area. He checked his map again and found that the nearest city was still a few miles away. He was ready to burn this whole area down with his powers when he heard voices. Two of them, by the sound of it. One male, one female.

He moved towards the voices and saw, lo and behold, two people! The girl looked flustered and surprised by something that the boy had said to her. Tristan instantly noticed the floral crown on the girl's head. Judging by their appearances, they seemed to be somehow connected to the Pantheon. Tristan spent many sleepless night learning how to identify someone with godly connections and it seemed to be paying off right now.

"I-I might, but... uhm... B-before answering wh-which, uh... Wh-why do you ask...? D-do YOU...uh... know...any...of...the...Gods...by... name...?" the girl said.

Well, that confirmed it. They were probably demigods. If they were, then that meant that Tristan shouldn't trust them. But judging by the girl's flustered looks, he could probably take her on. It was the boy that would be the problem. Tristan decided to wait and see what happened before making a move.

Minako Minako Flareshield Flareshield

(Uhhhh... Is this fine? I'm not in the Discord server so I'm not really sure if you guys have talked about anything regarding team-ups.)

Mayavin knew it was a subconscious attempt to avoid the question, and she didn't expect him to answer the question, but he answered anyways. No harm in telling her when she didn't want to fight. "Yes, I know one goddess VERY well. The goddess Illisha, of illusions and dimensions." If that wasn't blatantly obvious, then nothing was.

Mayavin took time to look around for any cover if the presumed demigod of nature, because of the crown on her head, decided to attack him by surpirise. While he was doing this, he saw someone else standing behind the trees. "Another demigod?" Mayavin muttered this to himself so the girl didn't hear him. Two demigods... teamed up? No, it couldn't be possible as it seemed the other boy had come to the city later than the girl.

To break the awkwardness of the conversation he was in, he thought some basic introductions were necessary. "Um, oh! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Mayavin. I was just sent by a parent to play what I could only think of "The Hunger Games". To be honest though, I don't really want to play this "game" that she made me do, and like twelve other people also are playing this." He hoped that any suspicion she had of him being an enemy now was gone. It would be great to have an ally in the game.

Minako Minako The Saviour of the Masses The Saviour of the Masses

(It's fine, but this makes like half of the demigods on Max's side.)

"The more the merrier"

At first, Sigrid thought he meant he only knew of this Illisha, but then when he mentioned that a parent made him participate in this game, it was clear he meant he was Illisha's son.

The demi-god of illusions and dimensions... Hmmm... If she could get him to join her, that was all the more demi-gods to help protect Max. He didn't HAVE to fight her.

But would he be willing to give up his own opportunity to become the Champion...? How strong was his conviction to have Illisha rule over Gods and Goddesses?

Wait, did he just mutter something to himself? Was he looking at something? Sigrid could have sworn he looked at something behind her, but it was probably nothing if he wasn't saying anything about it right?

Either way, it was time for HER to repay his honesty with honesty of her own.

"I-I... I'm the daughter of Terra, the goddess of the Earth. My name is Sigrid. Sigrid Galariel, and I am the demi-goddess of the harvest," Sigrid introduced herself, slightly curtsying as she did so, hoping this gesture of good faith meant they might help each other, "You said twelve other people were playing? Do you know anything about them? I'm afraid I have never even met any other demi-god before... But! I'm on a mission!"

It was at this point that Sigrid decided to be totally honest with this demi-god, because not only was honesty the best policy, but if he joined her after this he would be joining her under completely noble and honest pretenses, and Sigrid needed an honest ally the most right now.

Her top priority was to gather as many of these demi-gods to help her protect Max, but they must know exactly what they were getting themself into.

"Listen, Mayavin, I think this whole thing is silly. This whole game. Max, by default, should be the rightful ruler right now. Just because he is a demi-god like us should not immediately disqualify him as our new king. Even by regular human standards, a PRINCE always succeeds a KING. My mother thinks so, too, and she sent me to him to guard, protect, and help him become champion of the Pantheon.
I'm not going to lie, I know I'm not exactly the most powerful ally, but I'm going to give it everything I've got to see to it HE rightfully rules us. Terra trusts him to do so justly, and so do I. I'm aware joining me means you'll agree to give up any chance you have of being a champion... If... If you'd like to do so and help me with my mission, I would adore your help, because I know I cannot do this alone and my father always said 'the more, the merrier'... But... If you disagree with me, and want anyone else to rule HIS rightful throne... Then you'll have to kill me to stop me, I promise you that," Sigrid almost threatened.

She had never sounded so serious and dire her entire life, but she couldn't back down now. She had to lay the law down with this strange boy.

She was prepared for one of two outcomes, either he was about to join her... or fight her. Sigrid hoped with all her heart she was about to gain an ally, but she had to be ready for fighting a new enemy, should it come to that.

Flareshield Flareshield
The Saviour of the Masses The Saviour of the Masses

((I don't mind it! ^^ Are you sure you can't join the Discord server, though? D: ))

A battle of demigods for the throne of king? Interesting. Treya's mind reeled as she tried to figure out a plan to earned a bit of profit from the plan. Her brain didn't disappoint her, and Treya took a satisfying bite from her salad before she spoke her mind to Max.

"Well, it just happen that I won't mind a bit of...action in my day. How about we make a deal? "

She put her briefcase on her knee. The brown leather brushed against her hand as she carefully opened the lock and took a small pen before closing it almost immediately. She held the pen with her left hand and wrote string of sentences quickly in the air. Thin yellow lines floated in the place where the pen had scratched the invisible air. Treya ended the show with a snap from her right hand, turning the writing in front of her into ink on a scroll.

"You can open the scroll upward to see the introduction statement et cera or downward to read the closing statement, but the main point is here, "

She tapped lightly at the opened part of the scroll.

"I, Maxwell Teller upon my own free will hereby declare that I will grant immortality and a place as a Goddess in Pantheon for Treya White upon my succession to the throne of King of Gods in return of her help in the battle to retrieve it. "

Treya stared straight at Max, her smile radiated friendliness and warmth.

"Let me warn you. Not even a god can break my contract. Nullification will require the free will of involved parties to end the contract, and I don't think I will want to null this one. "

Last edited:
Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself...
(It is now night and all of the Demi-Gods are asleep, no exceptions)
It was the middle of the night and all of the demigods had gone to sleep. Whatever dreams they were having, they were ripped from them into some weird foggy dimension, in a wide semi circle with some other teenagers and young adults. A figure appeared before them, and they could tell that it was a goddess. She started with a greeting, saying, "Welcome demigods, I am Illisha, goddess of illusion and dimensions. You all probably have many questions, but all will be answered in due time. Your parents each want to tell you something, so I will send you all to meet them to let them speak of this 'game' us gods are having." After speaking, all of the demigods, with the exception of Mayavin, were sent to their parents, who were also in the dream.
Before the Night that the Game Commenced

Imuru watched restlessly from his apartment's balcony at the sprawling, lively city far below him. It was well into the later hours of the day and yet the city continued to endlessly flood the night sky with light meanwhile the roads and streets never seemed to be devoid of people or vehicles. It was all so... foreign.

This is what Shoga wanted. In a perfect world he'd be here with me, urging me to bed already...

The demigod child had to shake the grim thoughts from his mind. There was still all the time in the world for him and his red-headed lover to spend the rest of their days together in the capital city Prometheus if he could just pass one last test from his mother. Located just south of the Citadel, or the Institute as some prefer, Prometheus was more or less the beating heart of the entire country. No city rivaled the sheer size of what could truly be considered a mega-city more than anything else. Then, akin to veins, smaller cities surrounded, and sometimes even merged into, Prometheus on all sides. It was the city Shoga had dreamed to live in one day.

It took only a small glimpse around the almost entirely bare room for Imuru to remember he was on a mission. A small calender hanging from one wall marked tonight as being important. The Wicked Mother had warned her child to be fully prepared for tonight and, thus, Imuru was more than well aware of what would happen when he finally closed his eyes for the night.

"...This marks the third week that important political figures and mayors from almost all major cities have disappeared without a trace. Word is also in that the mayor of Prometheus itself, despite being under heavy security detail, joined the missing earlier tonight. Authorities are continuing to look into the matter and insist anyone with details call..."

Imuru walked over and turned off the small, static-producing television mid news report. Between the media and newspaper stories similar to this abduction had been the talk of people everywhere for the last couple weeks. Luckily, all of his mother's preparations were in place now. All that was left to do was for Imuru to lay down and close his one good eye to dream a better dream...

The demigod had been pleasantly reminiscing on past memories involving a certain ginger when he was forcibly ripped from his dream into a circle of what could only be demigods surrounding a being that introduced herself as the Goddess Illisha. She spoke, but Imuru paid her absolutely no heed. The advantage of being one step ahead of everyone else meant being warned by his mother as to what to expect.

Instead, what would appear as a rather cold, calculating white haired demigod took this time to study all of the other demigods in the circle. Imuru was memorizing faces; as many as he could in fact with as little time as Illisha spoke.

"Your parents each want to tell you something, so I will send you all to meet them to let them speak of this 'game' us Gods are having."

Time was up as Illisha made this final statement and once again Imuru was sent into an entirely different dream sequence. The dark, otherworldly aspects of the strange dimension and the monsters inhabiting it was instantly recognized by Imuru as where Shoga was being held. However, before the demigod could run through the various hoards of monstrosities, Urami appeared with a broken, near lifeless looking Shoga behind her.

"..B-Boo.." it was clear that Shoga was trying with all his might to speak but he just couldn't form the words. The pain was clear in his voice from whatever hell he had been living in all this time since the Wicked Mother Huntress imprisoned him. Imuru, meanwhile, ran to him and instantly enveloped the ginger in a hug.

"Save your energy. You don't have to speak. Just hold out a li-little longer. I'll end this little game as fast as I can and rescue you from all of this." Imuru was speaking so fast that it likely would of been slightly disorientating and difficult to keep up with.

Meanwhile, Urami chuckled only slightly as she watched the entire exchange.

"See, am I not a benevolent mother? I promised you would get to see him if you prepared everything and here you are. You have done as I asked, correct?"

"Y-Yes mother. In the morning I'm certain that the news will reach all of the demigods one way or another." Imuru had turned to look back at the Goddess he called a mother but his grip on Shoga only tightened.

"Wonderful. Then the best of luck to you my child. If I don't wind up on the throne, I'm sure you're well aware of what will happen..."

Urami made a rather sinister look towards the unfortunate mortal, Shoga, before all at once everything went black for Imuru. It was time for him to wake up and face whatever challenges lay ahead of him.

The city of Prometheus was also notable for having the grandest marble Parthenon in all the world. Giant statues and shrines erected for each of the Gods were all brought together underneath one massive structure at the very center of the city. Those who sought the blessings or favor of a particular God or Goddess would often come here and offer whatever they could as an attempt to appease the being or beings.

As Imuru rose from his bed, before he even showered and dressed, turned on the television to a breaking news report that had clearly been played over dozens of times now.

The largest and most detailed statue of them all, Girus's, was shattered and desecrated. Only something monstrous could of been strong enough to demolish the statue in such a matter. Moreover, the decapitated head of the statue was covered in an entire pool of blood. This, however, was not the focus of the story. Hanging from every other statue, with the exception of Urami's, was the skinned corpses of all of the missing political figures and mayors.

Last, but certainly not least, there was writing in blood directly in front of Urami's statue which read, "Gather and sacrifice any half-blood that will not bow to the Vengeful Huntress, less her vengeance rain down upon all mortal cities."

Channel after channel as Imuru flipped the television remote was covering the story in some way or another. Different news anchors reported the prospects of how many religious fanatics this could have taken to perform and what their possible reasoning behind doing this or goal was. Other, more religious believers of the Pantheon, warned of upcoming dire times or, more radically, the capturing and sacrifice of demigod children as appeasement.

Regardless, Imuru let the stories play out as he went to get ready for his day. Something told him that news would travel like wild-fire and before long Prometheus would be caught dead center in his mother's latest Grand Hunt.

Assailant Assailant The Saviour of the Masses The Saviour of the Masses Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi SleepySloth SleepySloth Yarrow Yarrow Flareshield Flareshield Jailbird Jailbird InternalAssumpter InternalAssumpter Minako Minako AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2 Damafaud Damafaud @Garuda

"You have absolutely no common sense at all, do you?"

"No, I don't know who the others are. I only saw their figures through the fog before they warped to their parents. I also know of one demigod to be careful of. Don't want to run into him too soon, and I don't know that he won't try something to gather the demigods." Illisha had given him information he was not to share with others, what he just said not being part of it.

"Remember, I'm also a demigod, so don't expect me to be recruited quickly. Why should I fight for someone I don't know, whose old man just died? Why should he automatically become king? Do you not think I already had my own goals, and plans set into motion? You ask an outrageous request to a demigod you just met, who might want to kill you. Yet you still trust a demigod who just said he could use illusions and expect him not to be playing you right into his trap. You have absolutely no commen sense at all, do you?" Sure it might have been a very harsh speech, but Mayavin was utterly perplexed that she trusted him, an illusionist, a deceiver. It also didn't help that his mother had treated him harshly, and had only to speak mere words to break him back then.

Minako Minako The Saviour of the Masses The Saviour of the Masses

Max grinned. "You're very clever, Treya. True Girus-kin indeed. However.." He sighed. "I cannot promise that. Not because I do not wish to grant you that power... instead, it is simply because I cannot guarantee that I will HAVE that power. In fact, even when I become king of the gods, there's no guarantee I will become immortal myself. I am looking into that." He sighed once more, but then leaned in. "However, we can amend the statement. 'I, Maxwell Teller, swear with my soul, under the witness of the divines, that in the event that both Treya White lives to the end of the war of champions, and that Maxwell Teller becomes king of the gods, I will do everything in my power to grant the highest degree of immortality I could possibly manage to grant, to the best extent of the knowledge I am able to attain, to Treya White in return for her aid in achieving the title of king among gods.'"

Jru gazed at the other unmoving figures in the area, all of them foggy silhouettes without any human features. At least none he could point out. He turned back to the goddess standing in front of him, wondering why he was even here. There was nothing godlike about him in the slightest. He was just your average athlete, nothing more and nothing less. Even then gods weren't prone to making mistakes regarding this type of situation, so maybe this 'game' did have something to do with him...? He didn't bother asking any questions, giving a curt nod to acknowledge the situation they were in... This was all too real, FELT too real just to be a dream.

...Wait. Why did he HAVE to do this?

Before he could question this he found himself in a mid-size boxing ring, spotlights focused on the ring and nothing else. The rest of the room was dimly lit but he could tell he was in a gym and a large one at that. His eyes slowly adjusted to the dark, to the point where he could point out a few old posters advertising hall of fame fighters and boxing matches that had gone down in history... They were in no real order and they ranged from boxing legends from the very beginnings of the sport to more recent prizefighters. Jru turned his attention to the rafters situated on either side of the ring and found he could see thousands of beady orbs suspended in the dark like fireflies. Normally he would have mistaken them just for that, but some gut instinct told him these were all eyes... and they were all watching him.

"Alright, ladies and gentleman!" Jru whipped around to face the source of the voice, quite startled. He thought he had been the only one here... In the center of the aged mat was a man in a dirty tan suit holding a large microphone which was suspended from the ceiling, circling in place to get all eyes on him. His skin was unnaturally dark, pitch black almost, but Jru could make out strange cracks creeping up and down the sides of his face. The man turned to Jru and gave a sorrowful, almost sympathetic, stare before looking back to the teeming masses in the rafters. Although it was low and barely audible, Jru swore he heard whispers bouncing around in the dead air of the strange environment. "Today, we will all witness a battle for the ages! Jru 'The Kid' Mayze and Vudain 'Funk God' the, uh... god." Jru frowned up, the announcer saying those last few words with some obvious venom. 'The Kid' was a name only his trainer referred to him as, and only because Jru hated it. If this was some kind of dream, his brain was obviously hating on him big time. "Whatever, yo. What's going on here?"

The announcer sighed and approached Jru, leaning in to whisper to him. "Just stall, okay kid? I don't think I'm ready to go back..." The announcer patted Jru on his shoulder and stepped away, parting with a few last words. "Knock 'em deader, kiddo." Jru hadn't noticed it at first -or maybe they had just shown up- but in the corner, sitting on a wooden stool, was strange looking fighter draped in a blood red veil with golden trimmings around it. He was wearing an oddly colorful pair of boxing gloves and shorts. Even his shoes were multicolored and out of the ordinary. Jru looked down at his own attire and found that he was in his normal gym clothes, a pair of blue shorts with white trimmings. The boy looked up at his supposed opponent and went around in a circle, staring at the crowds. "So, am I suppose to fight this joker or-" A bell rung and before he knew it his opponent had jumped up out of their chair, their cloak falling off, although Jru wished it had stayed on for a second longer. His opponent turned out to be a skeleton. Not a lightweight fighter. A literal skeleton, bouncing around in front of him, a strange grin on its face, if it could be called that. The afro on its head swung to and fro comically, giving the obvious impression that it couldn't possibly be real... Right. "Yo, son! What's crackin'? Ready to go a few with dear old dad?" The skeleton, who he imagined was Vudain, smiled playfully and rushed forwards, capitalizing on Jru's shock with a powerful uppercut. The strike hit Jru right in his jaw and sent him tumbling back into the ropes, Vudain not wasting any time. It moved with purpose and before Jru knew it he was being attacked again, a seamless flurry of blows too fast for him to see being thrown at him.

Too close to dodge the attacks, Jru was forced to suck it up and taking the punches one at a time, although it wasn't easy. They were thrown with the speed and skill of a trained boxer who knew just where to attack to leave him without an opening but at the same time, the had the strength of a true slugger behind them, leaving him dazed and disoriented. It was like fighting back was completely out of the question. Eventually, the string died down and Jru was hanging back on the ropes, them being the only thing to keep him on his feet. "What's wrong, kid? Tired already?" Vudain let out a howl of laughter and stretched out on the ropes with Jru. "Listen, kid. I got an arrangement, a bet, really, with the other gods... It's, uh... Well, you already know about all that right, champ?" Vudain playfully patted Jru on his chest before tossing off his gloves, pulling himself up and off the ropes. "Well, daddyo, we can finish our round another day. I'm gonna get some rest... You, however, should wake up." Jru leaned forwards off the ropes, attempting to stumble forwards and catch a glance at Vudain before he left. And stumble he did... right onto the floor. Jru hit the mat and immediately woke up in his bed, bolting upright. Sunlight beamed through his parted blinds, that being his only way to tell the current time. Well... It had all been a dream. Peachy. Jru threw off his covers and fumbled through the dark in search of something to wear, pulling on his pants and shirt as best as he could as he stumbled out the door.

He peeked back into the room, however, to nick his lettermen jacket from off the coat hanger in the corner of his room.

He left his flat as soon as possible, stepping out into the already busy streets of Prometheus. Busy. Busy. Busy. Although today, there seemed to be a bit more tension than usual. Jru strolled down the street for a moment, not entirely certain as to what he should be doing now that the 'game' was underway when he got his answer to age old question of 'why the hell was everyone freaking out'? He passed the Parthenon in his restless stroll throughout the city, having walked for a good mile or two. He caught a glimpse of the bodies strung up from the statues portraying the gods, the only one left untouched being some Urami chicks. He stepped up and strained his eyes to see the strange lettering on her plaque, casually bounding off when it finally came into focus.

"Oh hell no. Fuck this game, fuck these gods, and fuck creepy ass blood writing."

Mist Demon Mist Demon

Naga- Realm of the gods

"Mother how did a message of blood get on my statue. I've made it clear what happens to anyone who messes with my statue!" Naga was fuming when she saw a message which was obviously a threat to kill all demi gods. In blood mind you. Assuming that wasn't the blood of her followers she knew blood was not that easy to clean up. And her statue was already made of dragons scales. Which was just as tough to clean up.

Emile- Hometown (Name needed)

Emile stopped by to see a sight that made things more interesting. "Oh dear gods looks like someone decided to call the extremists. And they want to kill us all. Anytime you want to show up powers that would be fantastic." Emile felt an odd burning sensation on his hands. But when he looked there was nothing. "And stress is showing it's ugly head."

Do you honestly believe anyone would do right by us as well as Girus' own son would?

His words sort of hurt Sigrid a little, but aside a grim facial expression, she didn't really react much to his harsh words. Words of a stranger didn't have much impact on Sigrid, truth be told, and she didn't want to show any weakness in front of him. Not only would it do her no good to show that in general, but if she wanted him to join her then she must show him her strength to show she could be a valuable ally.

She must admit her faults and show him compassion regardless of what he is showing her.

"I guess I don't. I'm aware this isn't the smartest thing to do and could be a trap, but it may be the right thing to do. This isn't about fighting for HIM. I only learned his name this morning, and haven't even met him at all, let alone know what he looks like. This is about fighting for what's right. I'm sure you have your own goals and convictions, but truly, do you honestly believe anyone would do right by us as well as Girus' own son would?" Sigrid asked him, again trying to reason with him.

She was unfamiliar with Illisha and the other Gods, and truthfully hadn't even met Girus!

But that didn't matter, what mattered was that the same benevolent ruler's bloodline KEPT the throne.

"I trust my Mother. I trust when she tells me Max is probably the only suitable demi-god to rule us to do this for her. I do also trust you, however. I know its a bit odd to trust a stranger and tell him this, especially one who is supposed to be my enemy, but... If I don't trust you, you will not trust me, and right now I need your trust. I also need your help, Mayavin. If your goals are truly so concrete and you want to kill me, I'll understand and I'll fight you. This IS pretty outrageous. This whole game is outrageous. But... If even an ounce of you thinks Max will rule better than Illisha, please, join me. I promise we can help each other! What do you say: yes or no? I'll understand either way, but of course the "no" means we fight..." Sigrid again laid down terms and conditions, hoping he could turn this man an ally.

Flareshield Flareshield

Mayavin knew he'd have to meet the demigod named Max first before he could make a decision on whether or not he'd join the side. Also, Illisha becoming queen? The mere thought was outrageous. Power over everyone would mean responsibility, and she definitely did not want to take it nor be a bad ruler, so she had her own set of motives for Mayavin entering the game.

"My answer is currently not a yes, but not a no either. I'd rather see how it plays out first, then I'll decide. I'm leaving this area soon, but as of now I am YOUR ally. You can choose to come with me if you wish. One demigod is probably going to try and attract all of them to a single place. I'm going to head into the civilization here, look around, and see if anything of importance is around here." Mayavin then turned and walked towards the civilization.

Minako Minako

"I can't say I'm not disappointed, but it is better than nothing. Let me revise the contract to what you just said. "

What an interesting turn of event. Her mind had finished a plan for the game, and she mentally pat herself on the back for it. With a swipe of her hand, the words on the scroll swirled and turned, forming a new string of sentences that Max had suggested.

" I need your blood on the contract to seal it. A drop is enough. I can tell you my plan afterward. "

A signature or a thumbprint will actually do, but after the paperwork she had to fill for the whole week, she craved for something more dramatic. After all, what is power of you can't show it off once in a while?

Last edited:
Max nodded. He knew she was lying, of course, she had just asked for his signature earlier. But who was he to stop a bit of dramatic flair? It didn't hurt. He found a sharp object and pricked himself on it, then pushed a drop of blood onto the paper to seal it. Even if there wasn't a contract, Max still would have done it. He's a man of his word, if nothing else, and he intended to greatly reward those who aided him when he ascended.

Now that that was done, Max leaned back. A slight commotion was beginning to build, but Max didn't really notice it. Max nodded to Treya. "You said you had a plan?"

"Indeed I do. It will no doubt paved your way to kingship, "

Before she can continue any further, a ring from her phone interjected the conversation. The home screen showed the name Mom in capital word. She threw Max an apologetic smile before reaching for the phone and read the content of the message. Her lips pursed into a thin white line as she read the message. The sparkles in her eyes dimmed and replaced with something fiercer. What her mother just showed her make her furious in more than one way.

" Max, take a look at this. You can be angry, but don't break anything, "

Treya slid her phone over to Max. It showed a video footage of the mutilated corpses and shattered statues of Gods and Goddesses in Prometheus. The channel showing the video was owned by Treya's mother. Despite the footage being nothing longer than five minutes, the amount of media coverage it got upset her more than the defilement of her father's statue.

Max grit his teeth and clenched his fists onto the table. He fumed for a few moments before sighing. "Disgusting," he simply said. He sighed once again and slid the phone back to Treya. "Doing such a thing is very low. Clearly, either Urami did this herself, or she got her champion to do it." After a few moments, he calmed down. Then, he did something rather surprising: he grinned. "Of course this angers me greatly, but in the end it actually works in our favor. If you'll excuse me for a moment. I'll be back." Max got up and walked away from Treya, going to a private place. It was a little longer than a moment: in fact, it was closer to ten minutes. However, Max soon returned to Treya. "Now then, let us see how this plays out. In the meantime, why don't you tell me that plan of yours?"

You truly see me as an ally?!

Sigrid couldn't believe it. Had she truly made a friend?! It was clear that at least she had made an ally! How wonderful! She couldn't help but grow a smile on her face.

"Ah! Really?! You truly see me as an ally?! Yay! Thank you! I do, too!" Sigrid cheered happily (almost, one could describe it, cutely), not believing her luck.

Pleased as a pumpkin, Sigrid practically skipped beside Mayavin, holding back happy giggles while doing so. If they both liked Max (and since her Mother vouched for him, she no doubt knew they would), they would end up befriending him and protecting him! He truly would be a benevolent, just Ruler!

"You know, Mayavin, I know you've never met Max, either, but do you know someone who has? I wonder what he's like to get such respect from my Mother to start!" Sigrid asked enthusiastically, taking out her map.

"Oh! Also! Do you think there's a train station in the next city? I think I can cover both of us, I might have to sell some flowers to pay for other expenses when we get to Dives, though..." Sigrid began contemplating, aligning cross-hairs as she opened up her map.

"Do you think the train ride will be long?" She asked, finally looking up from her map.

Flareshield Flareshield

Waking up, Charis made her way to the bathroom. She then proceeded to take a shower. A grim expression was plastered on her face. She kept thinking about what she had dreamt. Was it really a dream or was it actually reality? She felt like it was real but now that she's awaken, she's not so sure anymore.

"It's a dream. Surely." She whispered to herself repeatedly. Convincing herself or at least trying to. With a shake of her head, she continued showering with those words in her head.

After showering and putting on her clothes, her heart was slightly calmer than before. Charis opened her television, wanting to keep her mind of that dream.

It seemed like there was something big going on because for some reason, the only thing available was the news. She usually wasn't one for political news or any news in general but she felt the need to know.

The longer she watched, the louder her heart beated. All of this... It just confirmed her worries. That 'dream'... wasn't a dream. Which meant that she was, in fact, a demi-god. Then something clicked. If she truly was the child of Symphora, then all the bad luck that happened to the people near her were actually her uncontrolled ability. Which means she can learn to control it. That thought made her smile but only for a moment before it was replaced with a frown. If she were to learn, then she'd need a teacher. Something she was sure was impossible to find. The closest thing would be Symphora but she had no desire to see that woman.

As she mused, she remembered the writing on one of the statue. Half-Bloods would mean demi-gods, people like her. She wondered if they were clueless like her or if they were more experienced. She shook her head. That wasn't the important thing. Those demi-gods must have been the people with her in the dream.

Charis started to search for a pen and paper. Because of the fact Charis rarely dreams, she doesn't forget them easy but she wants to write it down just in case. Besides, it might be easier for her if she writes it down. She doesn't write with detail, only the important things.

• Symphora: Goddess of calamity and destruction / Mother
    • Illisha : Goddess of illusions and dimensions​
    • A girl with blue hair and yellow eyes​
    • A guy with white hair and eyepatch​
    • A person with red hair and green eyes​
    • A girl with black hair​
    • A guy with At least two other people with black hair​
    • A game. Probably dangerous​

Charis tapped the pen on her chin, trying to remember further. She sighed as she dropped the pen. If only she had looked at the others more closely. She folded the paper neatly before putting it in her jacket's pocket.

Charis looked at the television again before sighing another time. What should she do now? She couldn't just go out asking people about demi-gods and the like. If a deity or a children of one wrote the things on the statue, wouldn't that mean kill? If she did encounter a demi--god, there was a possibility she could get herself killed.​

The girl bit her lip as she started pacing. There was something that had been on her mind for a while now and it's slowly eating her with annoyance. What was the game about? Charis thought hard for an answer. There was a few possibilities she could think of. All her assumptions are games that she was sure she had no chance in what with her limited knowledge. Even if she had the possibility of winning, did she want to? She knew that her winning would mean Symphora would be the Queen. That didn't sound good at all.

At the thought of her, Charis remembered the nice conversation she had with her. Her eyes widen slightly before her lips curved into a small smile. She nodded before moving to the door. First things first, she needed to learn more. It'll be okay if she at least knows the abilities of the other deities. Thinking back, she was always at home since she was around ten-ish. Her father never really took her anywhere and she was never all that interested. A sigh escaped her lips. She shouldn't think of him.

She grabbed her wallet and her backpack in case she decided to borrow some books. She wanted to tie her hair but it was still damp. She brought two hair-ties to use when her hair gets dry. Her gut twisted in anxiety as it always does but this time, there was something else. She couldn't really describe it but it was close to what you would call, anticipation.

================================

It was not right. It was absolutely insolent. Yet, at the same time, it was also amusing in a twisted way. Symphora could guess it was the work of Urami. It was fairly obvious. That woman was sly and Symphora respected that. The rising fire of anger slowly diminished.

Her mind started to wonder what would her child be doing right now? A part of her mind hated having to choose her. She knew nothing and she was basically useless. Then again, she had no other child appropriate enough. They were all too young and even more useless. She was her safest bet.

Symphora knew she couldn't interfere. She needed her to do it all alone. She just hoped that that child would realize her potential soon or else she'll get killed. And if she did, the throne would be forever out of reach. If that ever happen, she wasn't sure what she would do. Without the throne, she would still be restricted. And she wan't no more of that.​

She knew that he was still angry, but she didn't say anything. A wise man knows not only what to say, but when a silence is appropriate. While she savored the rest of her salad, there was a silence in the air. The silence was comfortable. The silence was friendly and warm, like a hearth in the biting cold of a winter. She may said nothing to comfort him, but she hoped the silence was enough.

"Forget about my plan, " she said bitterly at Max. She had planned to sold an elaborate story about a mysterious man went missing from him mansion in the dark of the night to her mother media. With the world's eye on the Prometheus Slaughter (or so her mom's channel call it), there was no chance for her mother to bat an eyelash at the story of a missing man. Making it the main story of the week was impossible.

"I had planned to use the media to help you, but with what at Prometheus... " She waved her hand in annoyance. She hates it when things didn't go as planned. She hates playing into a trap as much as failing to laid her own. Urami might not be the kindest of god, but she was certainly a cunning one.

"What Urami's champion had done rattled my plan. We need to play on her playground now. But before we go, tell me about the other champions. " They would need to go to Prometheus, but it wouldn't be too much of a trouble. In fact, she could utilise the landscape to her advantage. Above all, she need information most. Going to a battle armourless is stupid, but going to one blindfolded grants you the tittle king of fools.

Max leaned in. "Some I know more about, some I know less, but I generally know most of them."

"Urami could have chosen any of her children, but likely she only chose the ones who have already completed their hunt. She also probably wanted to make sure she has leverage on them, just in case their loyalty begins to waver. She also probably chose someone near the country so that they can attack and lay traps quicker and in more familiar territory. That narrows the number down significantly. I only see three possibilities: Kirran, Imuru, or Elyssa. Of those three, I cannot be certain which one she chose, but if you see any of them in Prometheus, they're likely the champion."

"Terra almost certainly chose Sigrid, and Alemus definitely chose Tristan. Those two are exceptionally fond of those of their children, so I'm positive those were their choices" He hummed to himself, continuing on. He didn't know Lazdos or Zetherian, Laxus probably chose Raikou, Vudain probably chose Jru or Ricky, and that was all he could guess.

After he explained all of this, he got up and stretched his legs. The fervor about the event in Prometheus was still happening, but it was beginning to quiet down. "I suppose we have no choice. It's a trap, but it's our only lead."

Mayavin glanced at Sigrid, then back to the road in front of him. He had no intention of going to the next city quite yet. "Is there a supermarket or some market here I can restock my supplies? I like to have extra food with me, and some other things." Mayavin looked around and found one he could buy stuff at. "If you want to sell some flowers, start doing it while I buy more supplies for myself, and some extra for you. It's my treat since you're buying the train tickets."

Mayavin looked around inside the store building, buying some necessities such as water, healthy food, and fire materials. He also bought a big tent, sleeping bags, and a bunch of snack food. He also bought two bags of vegetables just in case Sigrid wouldn't eat anything else he had gotten. He also got a backpack to keep the stuff in, and two rain coats and one umbrella. With that he got some other things, then went to the front to pay for his items. He took out a credit card, swiped it, put in the passcode and other things, then walked out.

Mayavin looked for Sigrid outside and noticed she was keeping a large crowd with her flower stand. (Is it okay that I'm doing this?) He walked over and asked, "Hey, how's it going over here?"

Minako Minako

Sigrid and Tristan. It was only name, but that alone can be useful. She knew the name of most Gods and Goddesses, but demigods were a dark corner she never visited. She never knew any other demigod other than Max, let alone knowing their names. Still, now she know two of them. Sigrid, daughter of Terra and Tristan, son of Alemus.

"It is settled. I will meet you at the manor in two hours. We'll use my car, "

She finished her drink and paid for her drink and salad, before having a second thought and paid for Max coffee as well. Sarah grinned knowingly as she left the cafe. She was known for giving generous tip after a successful meeting, and this meeting was no exception. The walk to her apartment was pleasant, but it's not like she notice it too much. Her mind was too occupied.

A suit case with three set of clothes, a spare stun baton, and her passport along with some other documents. It wasn't much, but she could buy more providence when she arrived at Prometheus. Her mother lived there, and she would be too eager to help her only daughter.

Treya arrived punctually in a black sedan. It was a present from her mother on her 20th birthday, and she was proud of it. It wasn't new and a little outdated, but her old car get her where she want. That was enough for her. She had changed into a more convenient clothes for travelling. A pair of trousers replaced her skirt, although they were the same grey colour. She waited for Max to get ready.

"Thank you, pretty flower girl!"

When they reached Civilization, Sigrid immediately and vehemently agreed to the plan of her selling flowers while Mayavin went off to do some shopping, nodding so hard one almost would fear she'd nod her head right off!

"Wow! That's so kind of him to buy some supplies for us since I'm paying train-fare!" Sigrid noted to herself while they temporarily parted ways once arriving to town, happily smiling and waving to him as she sought out a good spot to make a sort-of flower stand... Or, well, she would IF not for her aching feet...

She looked sort of displeased as she walked around, the hard concrete of the city was rough on her tender little feet. Though she hated to wear shoes, there was no reason to go around bare-foot on civilization, as not only did it hurt, but she could not draw any plants or vegetation from earth with a concrete coat.

So, with a heavy heart, Sigrid decided that shoes it was.

"Goodness me, what a waste of money! Oh well, this will be a little better for walking around in the city," Sigrid again thought to herself as she looked for a shop that sold the feet prisons, knowing that in buying herself shoes she would definitely had to sell flowers in order to gain back the money lost.

She found an outlet and was happy to find they sold sandals, purchasing them and placing them on her feet instantly afterwards.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" Sigrid chirped as she walked out of the store, pleased that her feet no longer hurt walking in the city, but making a mental note to take them off once they got to a field or the like, so that she could once again dig her feet into the sweet, damp Earth.

That was her favorite thing to do aside smiling and laughing and dancing and giggling, of course.

"Oh dear, wherever shall I find a patch of earth to grow my flowers?" She pondered to herself, gently dabbing her index finger to her chin, looking for ANY patch of dirt or grass.

It took a bit of wandering around, but she finally managed to find a sold bit of un-concreted land to grow flowers out of. At first, only a few people noticed her (though she couldn't really tell why, it was obvious to everyone but the demi-goddess of the harvest since the stares were towards her head, her gradient green hair-color certainly not being the norm) but then, when she started growing all sorts of flora and fauna, people started flocking to her. She was thrilled to hear some of the reasons why people bought them. Some for love, others forgiveness, even some for family! in the midst of selling, Sigrid couldn't help but wonder if mayhap she should present this "Prince" her Mother spoke of with flowers?

Oh! A purple tulip to match his royalty?

Maybe a sunflower for longevity, so he knew Sigrid wished that long may he reign?

Daffodils meant respect... which, she did, since her mother did...perhaps those?

Maybe a carnation to show she wanted to be friends?

So many options...

"That'll be just a dollar, sweetie!" Sigrid sold a bouquet of dahlias to a tiny little girl with short hair, smiling and patting the child on the head while handing it to her.

"Thank you, pretty flower girl!" The short-haired little girl replied, throwing herself onto Sigrid, into a hug.

The child smiled again at her, properly warming Sigrid's heart, and ran back to her mother, who gave her the dollar to buy the flowers to start.

This was going wonderful, she made plenty of money for both tickets and more... This was going splendidly, at this rate she would be face-to-face with "Prince" Max in no time!

Eventually, she heard a familiar voice call out to her from the crowd.

"AH! There you are, Mayavin! Are we all ready to go? Are you done shopping?" She asked, retracting her plants and getting a sufficient amount of "ooohs" and "awes", adding, "Sorry everyone, I have to go now! Don't worry, I'll be back one day soon!"

There was a slight sound of disappointment to see the flower girl go, but Sigrid giggled and again reassured the people of her impending return.

"Oh, here!" She cheered, handing her new friend one of her favorite flowers, a bird of paradise, while adding, "It's to thank you for joining me! I hope we can help each other help this Max person my Mother trusts!"

As the two walked to the train station she couldn't help but smile ear to ear. Her flower crown even started blooming a little, it did that when Sigrid was feeling positive, so one could safely guess it happened quite a lot!

Flareshield Flareshield

((It's no problem, just please let me know when you are again, if that's alright! ^^ ))

Last edited:
Mayavin looked in stunned silence at the flower. It was beautiful, and he had never seen anything like it. He snapped out of his tranced state and took the flower. "Thank you. It is very kind of you to give me this." Even though not most men did this, Mayavin put the flower in his hair, and it would look odd to some, but good to others.

Mayavin realized that Sigrid had shown him a great extent of her powers, but he had shown none of his. He couldn't think of anything to do, though, as illusions have a negative connotation most of the time. Anything he were to show her would not be real, and he felt like he would be cheating her. After much thought, Mayavin realized he could teleport them to the next city if Sigrid chose to. First though, he thought he should tell her of the troubling news he'd seen on the television in the store.

"Uh, listen. I heard something horrible on the news. The statues of gods and goddesses in the city of Prometheus all had skinned mayors hanging on them, with the exception of Girus's, because that was smashed, and Urami's was left untouched. Whoever did this might have been a person trying to gather all of the demigods, or Urami's way of interfering again. Whatever be the case, I advise we have extreme caution upon when we eventually go to this place."

Enough of the bad news, it was time to show Sigrid a little bit of his power. "So Sigrid, do you want me to teleport us to the next city, or would you rather hobby foot?"

Minako Minako

Users who are viewing this thread

Back