TV & Film Cartoon/Animation Discussion

WhiskeyMarten

I am FangS31
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Thread for people to talk about cartoons/animation. Let me know what you're currently watching, or just talk about the cartoons you enjoy :)

I just finished my third or fourth viewing of Invincible, really excited for Season 2! Trying to avoid comic spoilers as I intend on reading it whenever I get the motivation to

Thread for people to talk about cartoons/animation. Let me know what you're currently watching, or just talk about the cartoons you enjoy :)

I just finished my third or fourth viewing of Invincible, really excited for Season 2! Trying to avoid comic spoilers as I intend on reading it whenever I get the motivation to
Invincible was :xFoops::xFoops:
It was great, but damn, I shoulda prepared myself first

I don't watch a ton of animated shows, but recently, I've enjoyed Arcane and What if...?, and as a family we watched Owl House. The disappointment in learning it is ending was palpable. lol

Invincible was :xFoops::xFoops:
It was great, but damn, I shoulda prepared myself first

I don't watch a ton of animated shows, but recently, I've enjoyed Arcane and What if...?, and as a family we watched Owl House. The disappointment in learning it is ending was palpable. lol
I'm so glad I kept mostly blind watching it because damn I also was *not* prepared.

Owl House is a show I really want to watch, I just haven't had the chance to do so yet. Was sad to hear that it is ending. Haven't seen Arcane and What if as they don't really interest me, but I'm glad we're getting a good variety of animation recently (especially adult animation that's straying from the usual formula)

There's not much on my to-watch list right now as I'm mostly waiting for things that will be out in the future: New Invincible, New Total Drama, Smiling Friends special

Love Death + Robots — Solid series for animation showcase, independent episodes with differing art styles and stories. Individually they could serve as pilots episodes for standalone animated shows/mini-series. It has violent and sexual themes, so it's a for mature audience.

Final Space — like a Futurama-not-Futurama for me, so I love it.

Star Wars Blur Cinematics — For me Blur Studio's cinematics made for The Old Republic are always a dope watch. Return, Hope and Deceived are a peak animation showcase, sick motion and understanding of in-universe feats/ability. Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne are, at least to me, a very well crafted short story (and also peak animation). Disorder comes along to be a true showcase of modern motion capture and animation being the most recent addition but it didn't grip me the same way (still dope though).

Recent loves:

Arcane: Just fantastic. The creative direction and time it took to make this really paid off into a beautiful show with beautiful characters. And I don't even play league. Lol.

Avatar: The Last Airbender: Need I say more?

Give me some good recs!

Love Death + Robots — Solid series for animation showcase, independent episodes with differing art styles and stories. Individually they could serve as pilots episodes for standalone animated shows/mini-series. It has violent and sexual themes, so it's a for mature audience.

Final Space — like a Futurama-not-Futurama for me, so I love it.

Star Wars Blur Cinematics — For me Blur Studio's cinematics made for The Old Republic are always a dope watch. Return, Hope and Deceived are a peak animation showcase, sick motion and understanding of in-universe feats/ability. Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne are, at least to me, a very well crafted short story (and also peak animation). Disorder comes along to be a true showcase of modern motion capture and animation being the most recent addition but it didn't grip me the same way (still dope though).

I love Love Death + Robots! It’s a great anthology for those who want something quick and easy to digest!

Also second, Final Space because I’m a sucker for space comedy! It’s really great and the soundtrack is chef’s kiss!

If anyone’s down for a good laugh, I’d highly recommend Archer! It’s a comedic take on spy fiction.

The Venture Bros was pretty great as well if you like half-baked super heroes!

Friend recently got me into Bojack Horseman, and I'm kicking myself for not watching it earlier. No exaggeration...probably the best written TV like...ever? The first season starts out only slightly better than Family Guy, but by the second season the writing becomes so damn good. Like seriously WATCH it. Skip the first episode, and please give it a chance.

Been rewatching Naruto in it's entirety (minus filler of course.) Forgot how different the early episodes feel to even the beginning of Shippuden.

Used to like the Owl House.

Now I just watch a bunch of trashy Simpsons re-runs lol.

I’m working through one piece currently on the fish man island arc.

Rewatching RWBY recently, just got to the tournament again.

Also, fish man island arc is dope.

I have been watching Archer in what is basically a marathon. It's a pretty amusing show.

Last edited:
I’m slowly making my way thru Demon Slayer and Castlevania. Demon Slayer is amazing. I haven’t finished it yet but it will probably be in my top all time fav animes.

I’m slowly making my way thru Demon Slayer and Castlevania. Demon Slayer is amazing. I haven’t finished it yet but it will probably be in my top all time fav animes.

Demon Slayer is pretty good as an anime. Though I loved Netflix's Castlevania, so much.

I like my main characters with gentle souls though doesn’t necessarily mean they can’t stand up for themselves if need be. So Alucard, Hector and Isaac are my favs but they aren’t the main focus like Trevor and Sypha are. At least not where I’m at in the story right now. If they were probably would be more into Castlevania. Trevor’s cool but seeing a gentle soul trying to navigate a world not fit for them is prime stuff for me.

But top 3 animes for me are Deca-Dence, Fate/Zero and Demon Slayer.

Over the Garden Wall is one of my favourites! Haunting, whimsical, great character arcs, and beautiful art - it’s all I could ask for from a cartoon.

Over the Garden Wall is one of my favourites! Haunting, whimsical, great character arcs, and beautiful art - it’s all I could ask for from a cartoon.
I love that show as well!!!!!! One of the most memorable cartoon experience. The aesthetics just draws me in and made me feel all kinds of warm inside.

I love that show as well!!!!!! One of the most memorable cartoon experience. The aesthetics just draws me in and made me feel all kinds of warm inside.

Definitely! It was the cute cartoon-style and amazing music that got me first hooked. It’s like bed-time stories for an older audience - it has that perfect balance of mystical-ness, spookiness, and heart. I think they really portrayed the darker themes well too for a children’s show. The message really resonated with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back