• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cartographers of Spiral Deep (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

BakaTheIdiot

Viscount of Spaghetti Code
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! Welcome to our merry band! This is the OOC thread.

Questions, comments, updates, fun facts, memes, ideas, everything that isn't a direct response of your character is more than welcome here. This is probably the 2nd quickest way to get a hold of me, behind sending me a DM, so fire away - I check RPN regularly!

Enjoy your stay, it may very well be your last! > : )

Last edited:
What is the level of technology we're gonna be working with? Do we have access to gunpowder perhaps?

What is the level of technology we're gonna be working with? Do we have access to gunpowder perhaps?
Solid question! I was shooting for like 1600s level of tech. So we do technically have access to very early firearms, like muskets, and some early explosives via black powder or the like.

Though this is also a dark fantasy setting, so I'm willing to flex on that to a point. If you're wanting like a small Flintlock pistol I can allow that too!

Actually, wait a minute, that's literally just par for the course. Flintlock pistols existed in the 1600s-

so who's ready to get traumatised?

also actual question, is this a one person per person sitch? As I'm extremely torn between going the classic wide eyed medic/cleric route or the intriguing grizzled priest/scholar who really is just deciding I'm old I might as well finally get the answers I seek. If it's a double up situation then likely you've got the scholarly priest seeking answers/absolution and the faithful acolyte following after them into the gates of hell. Otherwise I'll just have to be decisive for once.

Last edited:
so who's ready to get traumatised?

also actual question, is this a one person per person sitch? As I'm extremely torn between going the classic wide eyed medic/cleric route or the intriguing grizzled priest/scholar who really is just deciding I'm old I might as well finally get the answers I seek. If it's a double up situation then likely you've got the scholarly priest seeking answers/absolution and the faithful acolyte following after them into the gates of hell. Otherwise I'll just have to be decisive for once.
Doubling is perfectly fine at your discretion! I personally don't really play more than one, but if you want to dabble in the dark arts twin lives, go rightfully ahead. More meat for the meatgrinder after all!

So since this is a horror RP, is the aim for all characters to be dead/severely maimed/driven insane by the end of it? ouo

Really going to be a race to the bottom both in terms of the going through a gaping maw to an underground world and our characters mental and physical health.

Really going to be a race to the bottom both in terms of the going through a gaping maw to an underground world and our characters mental and physical health.
Oh for sure. Ever been in an actual cave before, with no surface light? That stuff is spooky as hell, and part of why I wanted to host this in the first place! Just remember: if you get lost, there is no rescue team waiting for us o.O

So since this is a horror RP, is the aim for all characters to be dead/severely maimed/driven insane by the end of it? ouo
Dead? Only if you die. But horribly maimed and mentally shattered? Count on it <3

How's everybody doing on Lore and CS stuff? Anything I need to clear up? I know there's some massive walls of text - made worse in that I plan to add one more before we get started, ideally by tomorrow. I kinda went overboard with the lore (not sorry) lmao

Lads I'm being so wildly blind where's the Kingdoms? I've genuinely re-read the lore page a bunch and if the list is there in plain English I'm both embarrassed and blaming the fact I've been awake bordering on 28 hours.

Lads I'm being so wildly blind where's the Kingdoms? I've genuinely re-read the lore page a bunch and if the list is there in plain English I'm both embarrassed and blaming the fact I've been awake bordering on 28 hours.
You are not blind - I straight up forgot to post them there. Oops.
I technically placed them under the CS as a stylization, but completely forgot to put them in lore because I'm functioning on like 2 seconds of sleep lmao. Anywho, Kingdoms are:

Empire of Rondon,

Sultanate of Khiva,

Grand Duchy of Neu Bachtern,

Tsardom of Grejet,

and South Lakebed Republic.

These are all I have planned for rn. I'll make a more in-depth lore post sometime later, for now, thems the names. So so sorry!

You are not blind - I straight up forgot to post them there. Oops.
I technically placed them under the CS as a stylization, but completely forgot to put them in lore because I'm functioning on like 2 seconds of sleep lmao. Anywho, Kingdoms are:

Empire of Rondon,

Sultanate of Khiva,

Grand Duchy of Neu Bachtern,

Tsardom of Grejet,

and South Lakebed Republic.

These are all I have planned for rn. I'll make a more in-depth lore post sometime later, for now, thems the names. So so sorry!
No judgement at all on the sleep or forgetting front, we all make mistakes and have bouts of just no sleep! Thank you very much! No rush on the details, my guy should be pretty easy to cater to fit any of them truthfully.

MY only hiccup rn with making a CS is deciding which realm/religion is the most zealous, which one would most likely have an "arbiter" type character hellbent on spreading their "gospel" to the deep by any means necessary.

MY only hiccup rn with making a CS is deciding which realm/religion is the most zealous, which one would most likely have an "arbiter" type character hellbent on spreading their "gospel" to the deep by any means necessary.
I absolutely adore that idea. Seriously!

It would probably be a tie between the Empire and the Sultanate. Rondon tends to be very... Crusader-y in it's preaching, to spread Nasta'iir to all of the lesser peoples, including some of their allies. Meanwhile, Khiva believes very strongly in Struggle (inspired in small part by the word Jihad, which literally translates to struggle), and fiercely believes that by spreading the word of Bastet that people won't feel so stuck and hopeless. Suffering is universal and all that.

Either would be so damn cool though. I'd flip a coin.

Something very Darkest Dungeon about all of this. Anybody mind if I play an occultist and throw in a lot of spurious esoteric jargon?

I'm thinking that they'll come from Grejet, with a bit of pseudo-Russian style.

Something very Darkest Dungeon about all of this. Anybody mind if I play an occultist and throw in a lot of spurious esoteric jargon?

I'm thinking that they'll come from Grejet, with a bit of pseudo-Russian style.
Funny you mention! Darkest Dungeon, Fear & Hunger, and my own experience in a local cave were all major influences for this RP.

Occultist away! Somebody has to make us look sane when we're 1500 feet under lmao

Gotta love the nihilists, they make for great meat shields!
xD Yeah I figured for something like this it would be fun to have a comically morose tank just rushing into everything bc he has a death wish, but then immediately cowering in fear the second the lights go out ;P

you’ve got me interest !! I’ve never played fear & hunger but been watching in-depth videos about it the last few weeks (definitely happy I didn’t play it, the mental damage is too high).

but yes, if I can come up with a solid concept and have the time, I’m in!

you’ve got me interest !! I’ve never played fear & hunger but been watching in-depth videos about it the last few weeks (definitely happy I didn’t play it, the mental damage is too high).

but yes, if I can come up with a solid concept and have the time, I’m in!
Welcome aboard! Our "merry" band has plenty of space. We're still getting some details sorted (both in Lore and in CS) so you've got some time!

Alright, I've posted what I hope will be the last lore post for a while, with the kingdoms and a quick rundown. I tried to include what Grejetian lore was already established since I thought it was cool. I'm gonna be pretty busy tomorrow so I may try to draft a post tonight so I can get it up and running by tomorrow night once I'm home. As always, Lore is not all-conclusive, and can be very easily molded to fit everyone's needs.

Ayama Ayama Humble1 Humble1 Characters look great, in case it wasn't clear by the heart reaction!

CharmingCthulhu CharmingCthulhu Henley Henley any ETA on the character sheets? Definitely excited to see them. Same goes for idiot idiot if you're still interested! Like I said, I'm hoping for a main post by tomorrow night, but if you need more time I can just as easily push that back. Wanna make sure everyone's ready and clear before we jump straight into it!

I think it would definitely be good to have 5-6 characters before we start.
I'm inclined to agree. While I'm hoping for it, A main tomorrow is pretty optimistic, but we'll see what happens. I'll probably do one more bump in the morning to spur any delayed interest. I could maybe make 4 characters work, counting Camden, but it would require more NPCs and that takes time. Obviously we're in no rush though, so I'm willing to wait as long as we need. (Especially considering the borderline egregious amount of lore I've drawn up - my wrists have not forgiven me)

Should have my CS done by tonight hopefully likely, of course tonight meaning round 3 am for me but yknow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back