• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Carrot Cakes and Rabbit Holes ( Slice of Life | Roommates | Bakery with a ๐š‚๐šž๐š™๐šŽ๐š›๐š—๐šŠ๐š๐šž๐š›๐šŠ๐š• Twist )

Charles Cheese

Qualified Cheese Consumer
Roleplay Type(s)
Brilliant coding by Ami here and poorly frankensteined by me. BGM
layout.png

"You inherited a bakery in 4446 Hops Rd in Fairlight, North Carolina. This is not a spam letter. I know you long for change."Welcome to the Rabbitholebreadcros.png

The letter is written on baking parchment paper and smells like wheat and burnt crumbs. You have no idea how it got here; the envelope has no return or delivery address.
Someone must've left this to you personally.
Most sane people would ignore this as an elaborate scheme or prank, but the letter is right. Life hasn't been treating you well and you're feeling desperate. So even if it's just to humor your curiosity, you're going to take the chance on a road trip.

In the car, time is a slideshow. You wonder if your phone is lying to you, its only been a minute since you last checked the clock but hours have passed by. Sometimes, when you blink, you notice you're in a highway that should've been a day ahead. No matter where you came from, when you started, your car arrives at nearly the same time as the others.
The bakery laid there in the middle of the woods, a canopy of leaves overhead shunning any sunlight. The 19th century exterior, the ten minute drive away from civilization; all clues into this bakery having been abandoned, but the yard is pristine and the gravel parking lot looks used.
If only you knew what was inside before you came here.
~~
Welcome to the roleplay where your characters will mold the primary setting! Everyone is encouraged to have have their own independent motivations as long as it enables you to coexist with other players and your character's existence in the plot is justified. Your character needs to be at a stage of life where they'd make the obvious bad decision to follow the letter and to stay a night at the bakery with a bunch of strangers. This can be out of desperation, boredom, mourning, unhealthy risk-taking--whatever reason you can think of.

In the story, you'll be able to:
  • Unravel a web of secrets and mythology as you will soon share at least one common goal with other characters
  • Participate in plenty of side missions and subplots designed with characters and player preferences in mind at your own leisurely pleasure!
  • Sit back and relax with a slice of life and the cozy setting of a bakery! While there are dark and supernatural elements included, that won't consume the entire rp!
This is a reboot of a previous Bakery RP I had that involved a completely different setting and storyline. I also made it more flexible for any number of players and posting schedules. You can join or leave the scenes as you wish and there'll be in story reasons for you to do so. And even if you leave the roleplay, you'll still be welcomed on discord and have fun! Please make sure to read the whole interest check before applying.

RulesIC + OOC Rules
1. No NSFW. On the discord or here, no exceptions. Along with other standard RPN rules
2. Designed to be extremely casual. People can dip and reenter whenever they want. Posting doesn't have to be frequent either. Just keep in mind the RP will progress.
3. Breaks from this rp are 100% welcome. There'll always be the option to plan and suggest how your character can slip out temporarily or permanently. If you aren't able to post but you want your character to do a certain thing, you can let me know in discord and I'll include your tidbit in my posts. These will be extremely simple, bare bone descriptions to avoid writing your character ooc.
4. Our base story reason (for now) for everyone to pop in and out is that you'll get carried away with working on something. When you come back, we'll brief you on what's happened since.bakery .png
If you apply to this interest check, please state your age. I am 21.
6. Lgbtq+ friendly! We're mostly LGBTQ+ ourselves and absolutely encourage LGBTQ+ characters.
7. Please be flexible. We may ask you to change something in your character sheet now or in the future.
8. 18+ only, I swear a lot and I don't want to swear in front of minors. Plus it's nice being an adult and talking with adults.

IC Rules
1. The post requirements are just a paragraph. If you want to go more, that's completely up to you!
2. Dark themes allowed. We do like to keep the possibility of darker backstories for players, but please keep in mind I want 60% of this RP to be light hearted and don't go too far. This rp is designed to be semi escapist.
3. Swearing, smoking, alcohol, and drugs are absolutely fine in this RP. But this won't be Breaking Bad so please avoid having that stuff take the forefront and don't give any advice on illegal activities.
4. Everyone can use Chatgpt for ideas and rough drafts, but no copy pasting chatgpt without at least some alterations. We understand some people are too busy for RP, so we'll be relaxed as long as posts aren't downright alien to your character and fit in the context.
5. No stonewalling. Characters should react, act and interact with others in posts aside from times they may be alone. Please keep those at a minimum, though.full body b.png6. Avoid in character violence. Characters are absolutely allowed to engage in juicy arguments and drama, but please ask for the player out of character before you are violent in character.
7. Don't engage in romantic or flirty rp without someone's character without their ooc and ic consent.

OCC Rules
1. When you won't be able to post for 4 days or more, we'll have a discord channel called statuses so you can let everyone know and we can write your character as working a shift!
2. More rules may be added or you may be kicked out if r/rpghorrorstories behavior pops up.

Read this before you apply below
Just state your real life age and what your character's name would be and I will add you to an application list. Their baking specialty is optional. Keep in mind you won't be accepted until your character sheet is approved. Everyone has a max of two characters aside from me who will be controlling npcs.

If you are inspired by this rp or setting, please give us credit and a link to this page for any way you might apply it!

Fcs will have to be illustrated and college-age or older looking.
All characters are human and have not had any supernatural things occur in their lives before the events of the RP.

Active Players

NPCs Charles Cheese Charles Cheese
Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
Gio 606 606
Theo@IDKnuggets
Charlotte SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles
Reggie housegoat13 housegoat13
Luke asystole. asystole.
Rosemary SilvernFae SilvernFae
November Witch November Witch

Last edited:
Oh this looks like so much fun!

I am 27 years old and my characters name will be Caelia. I think she'll focus more on the decorating side of baking if that makes sense?

YES
Please this came at the perfect time

Im 18, and I haven't decided on a character name just yet
But I'll prob edit this message once I know for sure

Edit:

Its Reginald or "Reggie"

Last edited:
ooohhh, this looks sick!!

hi, i'm James (she/they), and i'm 20!! my character's name will be luke, and i can see him working as a pastry maker or front of house as a cashier/server!!

Last edited:
i mean, just to keep things going loveee seeing the interest!!! i am IN IT to WIN IT

๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญOh my goodness, thank all of you, I really appreciate it! I'll send a discord invite to your pms!
There's still going to be an application process, but the Character Sheet isn't done yet and it's not required to join the discord shenanigans.

Wow, just wanna say the art and the post looks so good! I love that the rp is deigned to make people feel less anxious about participating as well, amazing vibes. :D (I would love to join if I am able to, though I can't for now.)

I am certainly interested! I am 21, though I am unsure on my character's name at the moment.

๐Ÿ‘€I am 25 and I think my character's name will be Rosemary. She'd specialize in tea blends.

Definitely am! Sorry, been relaxing during the holiday season, I'd love to add you! I was just about to bump in a week ^-^

I would love to join if youโ€™re still accepting. Iโ€™m 26 but Iโ€™m not sure what the name of character will be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back