• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Candie's Partner Search

Candied Gore

Trying my best
Hey! My name's Candie and I'm sleep deprived out of my mind, so I decided I'd fix up another partner thread thingo. I posted one a while ago, but I'm not gonna lie; It was pretty damn lazy and I plan on making this one a little more clear on what I'm looking for. I'm not gonna waste time on making it all pretty, so don't hold your breath on that. I'm just looking to get my point across.

So! A little about me would be that, again, my name is Candie (Everyone spells it differently, so I don't care what people call me at this point.), I'm in my late teens, and I've been RPing for aboooouuut...I dunno...7 years now? Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm an experienced RPer from Australia with little to no life. Legitimately all I do besides writing is game, so if I take a liking to you, you can probably expect to be spammed and loved. I like to think of myself as a pretty friendly person. I'm casual and easy going, pretty patient and I like to chat OOC. If I can't hold a conversation with you or bond with you as a person, chances are that we're likely not gonna last long, huh? RP is for fun, so I'm not particularly fond of feeling like a business partner. Buddies sounds waaay better, eh?

Anywaaaays. On the topic of RP, my interest in it stems from not just my love of writing, but mostly from well fleshed out characters. I have a long list of OCs that I've been developing over the years, and I adore them more than anything. They're my pride and joy, and have been an amazing outlet for me over the years, so it'd be really cool to meet some people with similar stories and or just the same passion for in depth characters as I do. I don't really mind if you don't have any OCs that have stuck with you and you'd prefer to make a new character for our RP, but just know that I'm very unlikely to make up a new character for a new plot. I kind of suck at making up new characters on the spot, and quite frankly I get stressed out easily and can lose my motivation due to the simplest things. If I'm willing to make new characters for a world, I'll tell you, but I'd really just prefer to share the OCs I already have and learn about the ones you may have.

On a similar note, I'm comfortable playing any gender and any pairing (LGBTQ+ included; Most of my characters are pan.), but it does bother me when people tend to base the entire RP on romance? Like, I'm a sucker for romance and shipping characters as much as the next guy, but hey, I don't think it's necessary. I love building relationships naturally, I like to throw characters in and see just how compatible they are before deciding what sort of chemistry they have (My OCs also just mean a lot to me, and I'd like to get comfortable with you and your characters before deciding on their relationship anyhow!). Ships are cool with me, but hey, platonic relationships and rivalesque relationships are neat too, right? Another thing that bothers me is when people base their characters off of their role in the bedroom? Like what? Since when has it been a huge character trait to be a top or a bottom? Nani? Does not compute? Like, little judgement here, really, but I don't like basing characters off of being a top or a bottom. I don't see how it's necessary, or how it's important to the character, especially if romance isn't even a set factor in our plot. Cool if you're into that thing, but not for me. I'll play whoever I like, regardless of gender and dynamic, and you play whoever the hell you like. Don't ever feel pressured to base your character's dynamic off of mine. That's just lame, and I feel like we should both just pick a character we like to play, throw them in and see how they go regardless of gender, body type, personality, sexuality, etc.

Ehhh...Sooo, comfort levels are a big thing. I'm personally super chill with most things. Mature themes are 100% okay with me, and I can handle things getting dark or dirty (Though some things should just fade to black. Whilst I'm comfortable with most things, there's some things I'd prefer not to write in detail. I'd also just like to follow the site rules.), but do tell me if you have any triggers or things that you'd just completely like to avoid the topic of, and I'll completely respect your wishes. After all, I want you to be comfortable and enjoy the RP; That's the most important thing.

I honestly like most genres, and my characters tend to vary in species though many are humanoid or have human forms. All of them are pretty flexible though, so I can more or less easily slip them into different plots and worlds (I'm willing to change their species to be more convenient for the setting too.). I'm a huge sucker for apocalyptic worlds and fantasy related settings, but I'm down for something with modern touches too. Honestly, anything can interest me with the right person and characters.

Post lengths and reply times...Uh, well, I'm not picky? I can write just about anything, but bear in mind that this'll depend on my mood and if I'm busy or not. Sometimes I can reply rather quick, sometimes I'll take a little while, but feel free to pinch me if I just up and disappear. I try not to, but I'm REALLY bad at keeping up with this site at times. I can reply with quick back and forth singular paragraphs (Or just a sentence or two depending on the situation.) or multiple detailed paragraphs. I like partners with decent grammar and ability to describe stuff and help carry plots, as well as partners who are in touch with their character, but I'm really not picky about people matching my length, and I don't mind waiting a while for people to respond if they have a busy life. I completely understand, so if we start talking don't stress about stuff like that. But hey, tell me if you're gonna be gone for a while, and if you want to drop the rp because you aren't feeling it, tell me that too. I try my best to let people know if I'm not feeling it, but I understand it can be hard at times. No feelings will be hurt though, it happens.

Plots...Plots plots plots...Well like? I don't have anything in mind right now? I'm kind of a go with the flow kind of person, and I'm pretty comfortable just rolling with a loose plot and working together to build up a story through our characters. I'm not against working with plots, I just don't like when it's super strict and constricts the flow of how we write due to it. I'm also down to talk OOC about what we should do with the plot, and I'm totally the type of person down to gush about our OCs in general outside of RP too. Or like, video games and anime or something. But uh, back on topic... I guess I have one plot I was considering? Here it is:
So basically, there's a murder in the city (probably of some well renown detective dude, but this can totally be changed up to your liking.), a murder brutal to the point that the body was so grossly mutilated that proper evidence could not be found at the scene. It was well thought out enough that the real culprit gets away with it, and instead frames someone innocent, who is then falsely thrown into jail to take the murderer's punishment. The spirit of the victim, restless and unable to move on without a clue of whom had taken their life, seeks out the person who had been wrongly accused and helps them break out of jail on one condition; if they could help them track down the real culprit and bring them to justice.
So it's pretty much just a little mystery story I've been thinking of, and whilst we'd both likely have a few side characters, our main characters would be the ghost and the wrongly accused (I have no preference on who I'd like to play, I think they both sound fun.). They have no set personalities, names, no nothing, so we're free to do whatever we want with them. Their relationship is also not set, and can be built through the RP. Oh, and yeah, the ghost dude definitely has the ability to possess people (to an extent) and throw things around.

Uh? I think that's about it? Sorry for the lack of formality, but it's waaay too early in the morning for me to actually put effort into writing, though I do apologize for any grammatical mistakes I may have made (Which reminds me, I don't care if you slip up at times. We all do.). I can promise that my legitimate writing style is capable of being much more formal, especially after getting back into RP and rekindling my love for writing after a long break! Ummm...Anyways, if you have any questions, feel free to ask below and I'll be sure to answer them asap! I also prefer Discord because truth be told I can really SUCK with replying on this site, so I'll give you my discord if you're interested in chatting to me! I'm willing to PM if you don't have Discord though, that's cool. But yeah! PM me if you're interested I guess? If you can't PM just comment and I'll PM you~ I look forward to hearing from some of you lovelies then!

Woaaah. Just realised this was pretty long. Feel free to skim. I tend to ramble. I'd also like to add that I prefer to avoid fandom rps! Nothing against them; Just prefer OCs.

G'day fellow Aussie, Mate!-…. guy….. person? Uh- anyhow XD noticed we have a bit in common, have discord so if ya'd like ta shoot me a pm with your username more than happy to continue discussing on there if you'd prefer! :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back