Can You Only Play Your Own Gender?

Do you only play your own gender?

Not really, I try to be flexible on everything, since it is fun. I also try to be novel writer, so I must get all the experience as possible onto whatand how a character would respond by their age, gender, sexuality, etc.

Do you have a preference for the IRL gender of your partner? ex. they must be a woman or a man

As for this, I don't really mind, since what I am looking at is the RP character rather than the person talking or writing.

Considering, i use a universe jumping originally guy character that just stopped caring which gender he/she was turned into, no, 'course not.

Do you have a preference for the IRL gender of your partner? ex. they must be a woman or a man

No, thats just silly in my opinion, like a three year old saying a girl has to like pink, just weird, in my opinion.

Arion said:
I use a universe jumping originally guy character that just stopped caring which gender he/she was turned into,
That sounds like an interesting story to tell xD

Originally from Celtic 830 BC Britannia, Axl has changed his name multiple times after being thrown through a hell portal thing that gave him the randomly activating power of universe jumping, I've had this character for years. Still a pretty basic story to tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arion said:
Originally from Celtic 830 BC Britannia, Axl has changed his name multiple times after being thrown through a hell portal thing that gave him the randomly activating power of universe jumping, I've had this character for years. Still a pretty basic story to tell.
How does he keep changing genders?

idfk I never considered why, i just thought it would be cool.

Let's see... I don't really count actually! I haven't mentioned my birth-assigned gender to anyone on the site aside from one, and another who joined because he already knew me. I just let people view me as whatever without that knowledge. If you think I'm male, I'm male. If you think I'm female, I'm female. If you think I'm a five-eyed squid with no gender, then... well you're a little weird, but go ahead. Nothing wrong with being... "different".

Anyway, I was a little notorious in the past for butchering almost all of my male roles. I just... I couldn't do it. But these days I generally do an okay job. I still lean towards a preference for female characters, but if I think of a male one that I'm excited enough to play or it's important within the plot for the character to be male, then that's what I'll do.

I love playing males! Female rpers love me for it. I actually have more male characters than female. Not that I don't love playing my own gender, it just seems easier to make interesting men. Honestly, I always wanna play both.

Maybe because I like men? Lololol

[QUOTE="Malibu Harpy]Not that I don't love playing my own gender, it just seems easier to make interesting men.

[/QUOTE]
Really? I think male characters are so dull!... Then again, that's mostly MY male characters I'm talking about... other people do fine.

YareYare said:
Really? I think male characters are so dull!... Then again, that's mostly MY male characters I'm talking about... other people do fine.
*extremely butt hurt*

WELL, I UM... THINK FEMALES ARE DULL

*spits on your shoes*

(Just a joke)

YareYare said:
Aw, I'd bet you're being hard on yourself. I tend to make fairly crazy male characters. I had one that I loved to inject into role plays JUST to stir trouble. He regularly got fan art haha.

My females are dull! I always feel like I'm playing an archetype. It's weird because I am female.

YareYare said:
You racist! ( :P )
But...

That's not even racism....

Although thank you for noticing. I do hate races. Wtf is the point in running around just to "beat" others. That's just plain silly

[QUOTE="Malibu Harpy]Aw, I'd bet you're being hard on yourself. I tend to make fairly crazy male characters. I had one that I loved to inject into role plays JUST to stir trouble. He regularly got fan art haha.
My females are dull! I always feel like I'm playing an archetype. It's weird because I am female.

[/QUOTE]
Well, female characters are easier to make... "cute", and about equal to make crazy... though my crazy female characters were much better than my male ones. Though it's easier to give male characters a more serious tone, for reasons I could type a whole paragraph on to make comparisons. But instead I'm going to eat some food. Because I like food and I'm hungry.

Edit: On second thought, that actually makes it sound like I think girls are not serious, and guys aren't cute. I know that's now how gender works, it was a hyper-generalization of character archetypes. There are a lot more specifics to it really.

Last edited by a moderator:
YareYare said:
Well, female characters are easier to make... "cute", and about equal to make crazy... though my crazy female characters were much better than my male ones. Though it's easier to give male characters a more serious tone, for reasons I could type a whole paragraph on to make comparisons. But instead I'm going to eat some food. Because I like food and I'm hungry.
Bahaha, I know what you mean. I like to make all kinds of complex dudes but, when it comes to girls, I feel like I'm choosing between cute, sassy, or tsundere ... yaknow?

Food. Me wants foods now too.

No, yes, maybe? I'm a piece of candy?!

In all seriousness, no, I can role play as both male or female. After all the only thing that gender affects is just appearance and physique, and depending on the RP romance choices.

No I've never had a problem with with playing the opposite gender ever since I'm started roleplaying. In fact I've been playing more female characters over the years then male as this is a hobby where you can play someone who is different then who you are IRL after all.

Do you have a preference for the gender of your partner?

Nope I don't care at all at this point. I mean this is the internet where with a little bit of effort most people could just pretend to be the opposite gender anyway right. I mean over the years I've even played with people who's gender I never really bothered to figure out as it seemed so unimportant to the activity at hand. I mean if my partner feel they can play a character of a gender that isn't there own I say go for it. In the end what really important is that both of us are having fun playing our chosen characters in the end. I see no point in limiting people options in a hobby that about being able to creative and playing out there wildest fantasies.

Honestly, I'm more comfortable playing male characters, but I am not afraid to step into the shoes of a lady.

My partner can be anything under the sun, and I would be fine with it; male, female, horsefly, that godforsaken bloodstarved beast from Bloodborne, so long as they're fun.

Ahh... I don't only play my own gender, no. I enjoy playing girls, guys, and everyone else. I tend to play more as girls though because I have more anime pictures and FCs that are girls. Although I like playing guys too!

I've got no preference for my roleplay partner gender wise, since their gender to me doesn't make much difference in who they're roleplaying as.

I'm in a transitioning stage as for my gender, but I do actually like to play both genders. It honestly depends on the idea for me to decide what gender is prefered and what I want to use.

Do you have a preference for the IRL gender of your partner?

I do not have a preference in real life so it does not affect anything really.

I like to play male characters. I don't know why, I just like jumping inside the head of a male I think. I do occasionally play a female character though. As for the gender of my characters partner... Hmmm, I don't know. It depends on the character and who I think they would believably be attracted to and have chemistry with. I'm open to anything really.

Cooper said:
I like to play male characters. I don't know why, I just like jumping inside the head of a male I think. I do occasionally play a female character though. As for the gender of my characters partner... Hmmm, I don't know. It depends on the character and who I think they would believably be attracted to and have chemistry with. I'm open to anything really.
Lol actually the second question is referencing the gender of the other roleplayer. Like you only roleplay with players that are either male or female.

Oh silly me!

Well in that case I'm not bothered, it makes no difference to me, it's about the characters afterall!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back