• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Can I offer you a slice of life?

dogteeth

π•“π•šπ•₯𝕖 π•“π•’π•”π•œ
Hey there! I don't think anyone remembers me, but I was active here for a fraction of a second a few years ago. Life got in the way, as it often does, and then it got out of the way, so I'm back to write. As I ease myself back in, I'm craving a simple setting with lots of character building and development where we can get deep and have a lot of fun. I'm looking for 1-2 partners for now, so if something below catches your eye, please send me a PM!

But first, a little about me as a writer:
- I'd consider myself detailed and literate. My average is 3-4 paragraphs per character/post, but I also don't have a problem mirroring my partner.
- Third person and past tense is preferred but I could be convinced to do first person. Maybe.
- I play male and female characters and I'm okay with doubling as long both pairs get equal attention. Multiple characters in general is pretty standard for me.
- LGBT+ friendly!
- I prefer realistic FCs for my characters and small character skeletons.
- Plotting together and meshing OOC is a big thing in my book. If we're not gelling just talking then I'm going to have a problem sticking with the story. We don't have to be best friends, but I want to feel comfortable with my partner. I'll always do my best to communicate with you, and would appreciate the same in return!
- I'm in the EST time zone and can reply a few times a week.
- I like your pretty posts and will try to make mine pretty too.

Pairings:
- Popular x Unpopular
- Troubled x Straight-laced
- Rich x Poor
- Influencer x Regular
- Photographer x Model
- Thief x Detective
- Vacationer x Local
- Addict x Sober
- Musician x Fan
- Best Friend x Best Friend's Sibling
- Barista x Customer
- Rival x Rival
They're not exactly plots but close enough:
- Muse A is at a carnival and notices an empty photo booth with a strip of photos left behind. Looking at them, Muse A sees Muse B, a lone figure looking deeply morose. Muse A pockets the photos on a whim and continues on their way; later, they noticed Muse B in the crowd.
- Muse A joined a dating site a while back and after poking around a bit, forgot about it. As Muse A is out shopping, Muse B comes up to Muse A and says, "Hey A, I can't believe we're meeting like this!" Muse A doesn't recognize Muse B at all, but that's because Muse B found them on the website. Awkwardness ensues.
- Muse A is caught in an unexpected rainstorm without their umbrella. Light on cash, they decide to wait out the rain under an awning. Muse B saunters by, umbrella in hand and out for a walk. They don't care where they end up and offer to let Muse A tag along.
- It's the 90s! Muse A and Muse B are strangers who find themselves at Blockbuster one Friday in search of a movie to rent. A lot of the titles are picked over, and they both reach for the same last resort flick at the same time. Insisting the other take the movie, Muse A asks Muse B if they want to watch it together.
- Muse A has taken to befriending the neighborhood cats on their walk home from work. One evening, Muse A tries to call a cat over from its perch on the steps, but the cat is having nothing to do with them. About to give up, A is startled when Muse B calls out to them, "sorry, he doesn't like strangers!" Muse B's grumpy cat remains uninterested in Muse A, but Muse B has certainly taken a liking to them.
- Muse A has moved into a house that is divided into upstairs/downstairs tenants. One day, Muse A blows a fuse in the kitchen and is forced to talk to the other tenant to find out where the breaker is. Muse B doesn't know either and they have to search for it together.
* plots from here

Other:
high school | prep school | college | summer romance | pretending to date | beach towns | grumpy | angsty | sad | hurt | comfort | broken families | grunge | road trips | forbidden romance | secrets | lies | unrequited | consequences | slow burn | drama | neighbors | apartment complex
That's about all I can think of for the moment. I hope it wasn't too skimpy.
I'll likely add onto this if/when I get some more ideas. Get in touch if you want to start something!

Last edited:
Ah, I’d definitely be interested!

bump because i'm still looking for one or two more partners? i added some potential plots.

-Muse A is at a carnival and notices an empty photo booth with a strip of photos left behind. Looking at them, Muse A sees Muse B, a lone figure looking deeply morose. Muse A pockets the photos on a whim and continues on their way; later, they noticed Muse B in the crowd.
- Muse A is caught in an unexpected rainstorm without their umbrella. Light on cash, they decide to wait out the rain under an awning. Muse B saunters by, umbrella in hand and out for a walk. They don't care where they end up and offer to let Muse A tag along.
-Muse A has taken to befriending the neighborhood cats on their walk home from work. One evening, Muse A tries to call a cat over from its perch on the steps, but the cat is having nothing to do with them. About to give up, A is startled when Muse B calls out to them, "sorry, he doesn't like strangers!" Muse B's grumpy cat remains uninterested in Muse A, but Muse B has certainly taken a liking to them.

Hello! I'm interested in doing one of these 3 plots if that is alright with you?

-Muse A is at a carnival and notices an empty photo booth with a strip of photos left behind. Looking at them, Muse A sees Muse B, a lone figure looking deeply morose. Muse A pockets the photos on a whim and continues on their way; later, they noticed Muse B in the crowd.
-Muse A has taken to befriending the neighborhood cats on their walk home from work. One evening, Muse A tries to call a cat over from its perch on the steps, but the cat is having nothing to do with them. About to give up, A is startled when Muse B calls out to them, "sorry, he doesn't like strangers!" Muse B's grumpy cat remains uninterested in Muse A, but Muse B has certainly taken a liking to them.

Hello! I'm interested in doing one of these 3 plots if that is alright with you?
Hi there! That last one just got snagged, but the other two are available. Send me a PM if you like and we'll discuss c:

I’d love to do the rainstorm plot with troubled x straight-laced if you’re interested. I write characters of any gender, any sexuality, and I’m a literate writer.

(I’m also a sucker for romantic cliché’s but I’m in denial about it)

I’d love to do the rainstorm plot with troubled x straight-laced if you’re interested. I write characters of any gender, any sexuality, and I’m a literate writer.

(I’m also a sucker for romantic cliché’s but I’m in denial about it)
big mood about romantic cliches. send me a PM and we'll get it going <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back