• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ? camp winterian wyrd | a norse mythology take-over

Just a question, though. How deep are we going into the Norse myths? Cuz if we are before Ragnarok, Loki should be chained the fuck up underground. Do the spawn of Aesir and Jotuns count as demigods? Also, what about the Vanir? Do they count as gods as well? Are Frigg and Freya the same person, or different people?

As a somewhat fanatic of this stuff, I sorta wanna know if this stuff is played in. If it is, consider me back in the rp. I'll choose a different god, though

Just a question, though. How deep are we going into the Norse myths? Cuz if we are before Ragnarok, Loki should be chained the fuck up underground. Do the spawn of Aesir and Jotuns count as demigods? Also, what about the Vanir? Do they count as gods as well? Are Frigg and Freya the same person, or different people?

As a somewhat fanatic of this stuff, I sorta wanna know if this stuff is played in. If it is, consider me back in the rp. I'll choose a different god, though
of course, you're free to ask away! however, there are some questions we may not answer right now since one of the three gms has just recently signed off. (( we were discussing this so apologies for the lateness ))

How deep are we going into the Norse myths? Cuz if we are before Ragnarok, Loki should be chained the fuck up underground?
? ; We aren't getting too deep into Norse mythology because it is a lot of ground to cover and we wouldn't want our players to have to read up on everything about Norse mythology. It was actually a bit confusing for me to get a gist of Norse mythology and all of the happenings. I would say . . . if we need to set a scale it is surface level to middle getting into Norse mythology.

As for Loki, this is before Ragnarok! We decided that Loki can sire a cute lil spawn when he manifest into other things.

Do the spawn of Aesir and Jotuns count as demigods?
? ; We'll come back to this!

Also, what about the Vanir? Do they count as gods as well?
? ; Vanir is counted as a god since we have Freyr and Freya. However, although Vanir is counted as one, they do not count on the list of "god/goddesses" that players can be children of!

Are Frigg and Freya the same person or different people?
? ; For the sake of the roleplay, they are different people, separating them!

Choosing a different god
? ; So the gods/goddesses list from the opening post are the list of god/goddesses that you can choose from and be a child of! However, there are some that are not on the list that you can choose from as well ( some are not mentioned for the sake of clarity and less confusion ) .
Ran, goddes of the sea
Sol, goddess of the sun
Idunn, goddess of youth
Lofn, goddess of forbidden love
Jord, goddess of earth
Nott, goddess of the night

sidenote: ah ! it's wonderful that you're a somewhat fanatic of norse mythology ! i am currently still researching and reading up on norse mythology and there's still a lot of grounds that i need to cover to fully understand everything. the other gms and i thought it would be fun to use norse god/goddesses to make original demigod children of! we were inspired from pjo's greek and roman mythology that we thought it would be nice to do norse mythology instead with our own little spin and twist!

of course, you're free to ask away! however, there are some questions we may not answer right now since one of the three gms has just recently signed off. (( we were discussing this so apologies for the lateness ))

How deep are we going into the Norse myths? Cuz if we are before Ragnarok, Loki should be chained the fuck up underground?
? ; We aren't getting too deep into Norse mythology because it is a lot of ground to cover and we wouldn't want our players to have to read up on everything about Norse mythology. It was actually a bit confusing for me to get a gist of Norse mythology and all of the happenings. I would say . . . if we need to set a scale it is surface level to middle getting into Norse mythology.

As for Loki, this is before Ragnarok! We decided that Loki can sire a cute lil spawn when he manifest into other things.

Do the spawn of Aesir and Jotuns count as demigods?
? ; We'll come back to this!

Also, what about the Vanir? Do they count as gods as well?
? ; Vanir is counted as a god since we have Freyr and Freya. However, although Vanir is counted as one, they do not count on the list of "god/goddesses" that players can be children of!

Are Frigg and Freya the same person or different people?
? ; For the sake of the roleplay, they are different people, separating them!

Choosing a different god
? ; So the gods/goddesses list from the opening post are the list of god/goddesses that you can choose from and be a child of! However, there are some that are not on the list that you can choose from as well ( some are not mentioned for the sake of clarity and less confusion ) .
Ran, goddes of the sea
Sol, goddess of the sun
Idunn, goddess of youth
Lofn, goddess of forbidden love
Jord, goddess of earth
Nott, goddess of the night

sidenote: ah ! it's wonderful that you're a somewhat fanatic of norse mythology ! i am currently still researching and reading up on norse mythology and there's still a lot of grounds that i need to cover to fully understand everything. the other gms and i thought it would be fun to use norse god/goddesses to make original demigod children of! we were inspired from pjo's greek and roman mythology that we thought it would be nice to do norse mythology instead with our own little spin and twist!
Shoot me a message if you need help on any mythological issues. I would be glad to be a "Myth Consultant" for this rp.

As for another god, I would like to be a son of either Bragi or Njord.

Shoot me a message if you need help on any mythological issues. I would be glad to be a "Myth Consultant" for this rp.

As for another god, I would like to be a son of either Bragi or Njord.
oh, thank goodness! we will definitely message you if we need any help! it definitely gets my lil pea brain all crinkled and the likes!

your reservation for the son of Bragi is placed ! would you like the discord?
here is the link for the threads !
-- you have a "sibling" and the user is Eshspoyeofdoom Eshspoyeofdoom !
-- the character sheet is due august 19th !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back