• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Camelot Divided(war of Druids and Knights)

Boris Anne Godwyn
He turns his head to the right, eyes darting across the floor at the suggestion of a more temporary solution. He'd sworn an oath to the king but even so, there were moments he disagreed with the lack of lengths he'd go to. Then again, that's what seperated him from the king he'd sworn to protect. He'd made an oath to take any and all risks to protect the king. The king swore an oath to take any and all risks to protect his people. He nods slowly and returns his gaze to Leon. "You are the king, my liege. What you say is law and I doubt many will mind this fleeting inconvenience for their safety."
Craning his neck to the side but keeping eye contact with the king he follows up his last statement with a question. "Would I be in charge of this search or would you bestow this privelege upon your son?" He places his hands on his hips and awaits a response. Regardless of what the answer was, he knew he'd be attending the searches. He began to think about who he'd need to inform around the castle to accompany him. The knights were often too busy to perform mundane tasks such as search and seize. Perhaps he'd have to work with the town garrison and a small dispatch of bannermen.

SarachaSauz06 SarachaSauz06

Cailte Ó Forannáin
Cailte Ó Forannáin.jpg
Cailte chuckled, "Alright, sounds like we'll have to exchange some stories then." As they reached the outskirts of Camelot he stopped the little act and sighed. He kept walking, but his hands were to himself now, and his speech was much less cheerful. "What are you doing in Camelot Nathan? Don't you know it's a death sentence if you're caught? People don't know you well, so you're going to be caught quicker." Cailte didn't have as much an issue as some of the other druids when it came to casually walking into Camelot. He had always been careful, so much so that he was suspicious to those adept enough to understand his ways of acting. He was never without a plan of escape or two, and he was never without the talisman that held extra power for him to use in case of emergencies.
Don't you know it's a death sentence if you're caught?
Cailte

xpstitch xpstitch (Nathan)

DVationz DVationz
"So a suicide on YOUR part is just fine?" He asked pointedly, wondering who in the hell this guy thought he was lecturing him.

Who was this guy? Who did he think he was? What right did he have to lecture ME? Has he no respect? What made alright for HIM to go into town? Nathan was sick of everyone telling him what to do. They need to learn their proper place, questioning a seer like that... The blind fools....

Grimm was walking around the streets of Camelot, sticking to the alleyways and such.
He was a druid, and was out looking for food to most likely steal.
Grimm could pay it with money, but most people didn't trust his appearance with the whole Mask, the black cloak.
Oh yeah, and the giant scythe on his back, that too.

Cailte Ó Forannáin
Cailte Ó Forannáin.jpg
Cailte chuckled, "You of all people should know that this isn't suicide for me. My druidry isn't as obvious as the rest of you. In fact unless I made it obvious or told someone, my druidry is nearly nonexistent compared to yours or Natus." The risk was still there though, he may not be found out as easily, but he still ran the risks of ever other citizen Camelot if he were to commit simple crimes and the likes. "Besides, I heard something interesting I'm sure Natus would like to hear, so we can save this argument for another time. The king is up to something related to war, and I believe he's going to start a full scale hunt for druids."
Besides I heard something interesting I'm sure Natus would like to hear, so we can save this argument for another time.
Cailte

xpstitch xpstitch (Nathan)

"Anyways I came here to make sure YOU were alright" Nathan said.

"You could be glad somebody cares about you enough to check instead of treating them like children" Nathan said pointedly, starting to regret caring about him.

"As a man who can see into the future the least I ask is that you do not treat me like I'm a helpless fool out here" Nathan said pointedly.

"I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself out here and I don't need you overstepping your authority and telling me where I can and cannot go" he said.

"As the clan's seer I'm sick to death of people not knowing their place. I demand respect" Nathan said surprisingly calmly.

"I am a vital and important member of the clan and I give people wisdom in times of danger. Wisdom greater than I should typically posses at such an age" he said.

"So if everyone could just kindly shut their pieholes and start treating me with the proper respect, that would be great" he said calmly.
DVationz DVationz

Nyara chuckled lightly in return, though that was more aimed at Natus telling how he flooded the village rather than setting people on fire was fun. With the amount of druids, their people, being burned at the stake, it wasn't a matter to be joked about, she thought. She shook her head as Natus posed his question. "She may have told me, but right now it seems to have slipped my mind. It's been a few years, and she hasn't had a lot of time to teach me until she was discovered..." But if skills were passed down the bloodline, maybe her mothers' skill was the same as hers? Nyara didn't quite know enough of the druidic legacy to know about that, or how many clans there were out there. Lots, she presumed... just as how she presumed they would be declining. Nyara followed Natus into the village, taking a moment to look around and take in the surroundings. It was quaint, peaceful, cozy... definitely a place none of the Knights should know about. All the poor souls that would be lost when they were found out... She watched the children with a small smile, one that faded quickly as she was remembered of her little brother and father. They were still out there somewhere, weren't they? And she would never be able to go back... Well... she could, but it would bring them in danger, and she wanted nothing more than keep them save.

FrostXShadow FrostXShadow

"you do realize i can hear your thoughts correct?" he sighed standing up " my father and brother were both killed and burned at the stake" he turned to look at her with a small frown before shaking his head " all of the burning and things are of the past. so long as im alive no one from my village will be hurt by those of camelot" he glared slightly before returning to his happy self " well until i see if you have any relatives or i find a home for you, you are more than welcome to stay in the extra room in my home...its the biggest one" he whispered the last part jokingly " also we can start your training whenever you are ready but i would like you to accompany me into camelot today"
marorda marorda ((sorry ive been busy))

Nyara perked up. She had merely assumed telepathy would allow the other to hear the thoughts she "spoke", not every single thought in her mind. That little detail was mildly unsettling. Nyara remained silent, both in thought and sound as Natus said he lost his father and brother in that exact way. She wasn't too sure whether it was a good thing or not he seemed to have put it behind him, but it certainly was a good thing he wanted to protect the people of his village. Just like how she was protecting her father and brother by leaving home and not returning. It pained her, but it was for the best. People who sheltered druids were looked upon just slightly more kindly than the druids themselves, but in the end they would all meet the same miserable fate. Either at the pointy metal end, or at the stake. She mustered a small smile at Natus' offer. "Thank you," she replied, giving a small and polite nod with her head. Going into Camelot didn't sound awfully appealing, but... well, she presumed it was the least she could do back. "Sure."

FrostXShadow FrostXShadow ((That's okay. I've been busy myself as well))

King Leon
"I'll need you to head the searches; my son will be doing more 'moral support' tactics with the knights." Leon said. "I need someone who I can trust to do these searches honestly and without hesitation. My son is a perfect fit, but you are a better one. I'll need swift and thorough, I trust you can do that?" Leon said with a look of curiosity for his friends response. Clearly he knows the response, but wants to see it for himself.

(Sorry, bit of trouble logging in)
Crumbli Crumbli

Natus sighed "sorry, technically when mind linked you cannot hear all thoughts but i am still getting used to it. the last person i used it with was my brother" he sighed shaking his head. "come on, if we change in to camelotian clothing it will be easier to get and out, but first i want to teach you a few spells incase we run into trouble. Do you speak Latin or any language of old by chance" he chuckled
marorda marorda

Boris Anne GodwynDirect: SarachaSauz06 SarachaSauz06

"I would be honoured, my liege. Consider your will done." He places his fist to his heart and offers a half bow. He tries to remain formal wherever possible but it often slipped him in the company of a friend. The king was a combination of both a friend and an oath keeper. "I will gather the garrison and together we'll set up a number of systems to ensure the outing of all pagan and witch sympathisers. All caught will be sent to the gaols, unless they resist that is." He moves his hand to his sword and slowly turns in case the king had anything to say. Once the king grew silent he made his exit.

Fantasy rampant through his mind. The city under his careful gaze. This was more than working with the master of secrets, this was being the hand of the king. The role he'd always wanted to be. Marching down the halls he makes his way through arches and past sprawling chambers bustling with servants. Palace guards provide him with sharp salutes but he had no time for them. He had a job to do. The princes were busy, and so too must he. That is until a voice calls out to him.

"Boris! Sir Boris! Please wait!" A boy with a blue cloth around his forehead and reddish brown robes runs up to him, panting with exhaustion. He takes a moment to breathe and hands him a rolled up scroll. The scroll was sealed. It was official. He exhales, snatching the scroll from the boy and ushering him off. He knew what this scroll would be. He'd been waiting for this letter since his brother had left. His breath wavers and he takes the first step in breaking the seal.

'To the closest of kin,

It is with heavy heart I write this letter. Sir Marius B. Godwyn, knight of the round table and esteemed cavalier, has been slain during his great hunt of the northern woods. On his return an ambush saw the deaths of his bannermen and himself. Only five of the forty-two survived the onslaught. A total of seventeen witches and twelve magic practitioners were captured and burned.

I send to you my deepest condolences and inform you that his death was not in vain. He was a renowned hero along the frontier. His two years of unending service will never be forgotten and have aided greatly in the weakening of the heathen forces. His body was unable to be fully recovered but his cloak and armour are being returned home for burial.

Christ have mercy on our souls,
Lord watch over us all.

- Commander of the northern vanguard, Madison T. Waters.'

He looks over the scroll again and again, staggering towards a nearby window. He rests himself against the sill of the window and exhales another time. His breath wavers more violently than before. His chest rises and falls rapidly as a soft laugh of disbelief escapes him. His eyes glaze over and the words of the letter hang around him as though their own kind of magic of guilt. He puts his helmet on over his twisted face and rests there against the window with the letter clenched in his iron fist. Silently he mourns the loss of his deranged brother. The only brother he had ever been able to relate to was gone. Gone at the hands of these godless heathens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back