• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Camelot Divided(war of Druids and Knights)

FrostXShadow

Lord of Snow
Long after the death of the great King Arthur. A Usurper takes over the throne and takes control over the knights and the great lands of Camelot. Under the rule of the deceased Arthur the druids were able to safely practice their magic and worship their gods but under this new kings rule, everyone should believe in his god( Christian religion) so he makes it his goal to either kill the druids or force them to give up their religion and adopt the kings as citizens of Camelot. And of course the druids do not like this so they decide to retaliate, using their vast knowledge of the arcane and mystical arts to fight the knights and king in order to keep their lands and worship their gods.

in this role-play you have a choice of being one of the following:
Druid: masters of the arcane thrives in the mystic forest
Knight: swordsman in service to the king, lives in the castle
Camelot Citizen: some are loyal to the king, others practice magic behind his back.
King's servants: the eyes and ears of Camelot, serving the king but most feed information to the druids.

this role play will be full of needless fights, arguments, backstabbing, betrayal, strange love stories and killing. but that's what's gonna make it fun. now remember kiddies I'm all for romance and bloodlust but please keep it clean. I'm fine with cursing seeing as I do it myself but just don't go over board. other than that have fun and go wild
(do not post here until role-play starts.)

Linksg
OOC: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/camelot-divided-ooc.348639/
C.S.: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/camelot-divided-character-sign-up.348644/

Raven Kade Raven Kade @Smoaki isapi isapi The Chronicler The Chronicler Chachalotte Chachalotte DVationz DVationz xpstitch xpstitch SarachaSauz06 SarachaSauz06

Last edited:
Druid Chief Natus

Natus walked out of his house to find another beautiful day "such a nice day, lets hope the damn knights don't mess anything up" he said rolling his eyes before walking further into the Drudic village. as he walked around he saw little kids playing tag and elderly people hanging clothes to dry. other people were in the village practicing their magic or cooking. it truly was a nice day "maybe ill go practice some magic" he shrugged and walked near the town center determine to put on a little show for his people. "Dirt hen se ground sīmonagon se gūrogon form" he said quietly waving his hand over the ground and then brining it up causing dirt and gravel to slowly rise into the air. "Pryjagon " he said as he spread his fingers causing the dirt to spread into a vey thin wall "Kostōba" he said makin more dirt fly from the ground and join the other dirt into forming a wall. once the wall was complete he snap his fingers causing the wall to break apart falling back to the ground "wasn't as cool as I thought it would be. he shrugged "what am I going to do today?" he asked aloud

King Leon (I'll be talking in first person, it seems like it's necessary.)
As I sat here at the round table staring at the list of towns and locations that are marked for taxation, I begin to wonder if this is all worth it. Just then, I clasp my cross necklace and remember, it's for the good of the country, for the good of the religion, we are spreading the word of God. Those faithless druids will see the light of God and know that they are wrong. "I shall send Knight Alexander to the village in the south. There he, with his regiment, should be able to gather enough money for the next few months of war. I'll send my son to monitor as well as plan for any ambushes along the way." I called out a random servant standing at the farthest wall to go and summon Knight Alexander and my son. "You are to deliver this message to him, quick as you can." As I watched the servant leave, I couldn't help but admire her "feminine qualities"
The Chronicler The Chronicler marorda marorda
(This good for a openning? I haven't done an openning in a minute, so sorry in advance.)

"Sticks that shoot metal and fire?!" The young boy asks Nathan excitedly as he walks along side him.

"Yeah! And we'll have these big metal balls that can destroy an entire city! These people known as 'Americans' will drop it on the Asians some time later. They'll drop two actually" he said in a scholarly manner.

"I can hardly believe it! The rest of the village will NEVER believe you can really tell the future, the stories you tell just sound too crazy." He said excitedly to Nathan.

"Yeah I know. Imagine how the orientals would react if I told them all this. They'd probably think me crazy TOO. Warning them won't change it. No matter what I do, Hiroshima and Nagasaki are doomed" he said grimly.

Nyara

Nyara sat perched on the thick branch, patiently waiting for her prey to pass on the small trail below her. She had used her ability to see through her hawk's eyes to track down the large hare. She knew the hare passed by here every day. There was a small stream not too far from here, a place where the hare, and several other animals, came regularly to drink. Her senses were sharp, carefully listening for the smallest sounds in the woods. There it was! Rustling of the bushes, the breaking of a tiny twig. Out hopped the hare. It sat there for a moment, raising its ears, sniffing the air. Nyara had made sure to sit down wind, so the hare wouldn't be able to smell her. Yet there it sat, as if it was perfectly aware of its nearing end. No time to wait. The young woman released the arrow, firing it down at the unsuspecting hare. The animal made a shrieking sound as the arrow pinned it to the ground. Blood stained its pelt and the soil of the forest.

Nyara climbed down, pulling the arrow out of the animal. Such a magnificent creature, this hare. Yes, it would make a decent meal for tonight. Perhaps she could even dry some of the meat to save for later? As for its pelt... well, she could use a new bit of fur in the collar of her shirt. A standard rule for the young woman. Or multiple, actually. Rule number one: never take more than you need. Rule number two: No wasting, use everything you possibly can.

Nature gives, nature takes. Nyara was well aware that one day she, too, would return to the soil they had all come from. So to waste... that's just a shame of the resources Mother Earth has given them. She skinned the hare, checking which bones she might be able to turn into tools one way or another. The things she really couldn't use... she left them in the woods. One way or another, it would return to the soil. Either as food for other animals, or for the very forest itself.

"I thank this hare for feeding me come night. I pray his soul returns to the source of all life, in the warm and caring embrace of mother Gaia. I thank Gaia for everything she gives us every day. Blessed be," Nyara prayed in her mind. She whistles a few short tones, one of the few sounds she was still able to make. The hawk, whom she had dubbed Artemis, landed on her stretched out arm, accepting the piece of meat she offered. Nyara was grateful for her companion. If it wasn't for this beautiful bird, she would only be half as good of a hunter. And far worse of a druid. This, at least, was one thing she could do right when it came to magic.

Prince Adrian of Camelot
Adrian turned his back to the window. Enough staring at the woods in disdain, knowing the heretic and faithless druids were hiding among the trees. In his mind, they were staring back from the trees to the castle this very moment, mocking him and his father for believing in only one god. The One True God. They would come to see. Oh, they would see. Where would their fake gods be to protect them when they would have to face the truth? To either follow the one true god, or die at the end of a knight's steel. There were no other options. But, in Adrian's opinion the best and safest course was to rid the world of the scourge of magic and druids. Magic... it went against the natural order of things. It went against God.

Adrian scoffed as he looked at the papers. Reports of arrests, executions of alleged practitioners of the magical "arts". Good. If they won't see reason, the world s better off without them all. A knock on his door once again distracted him. "Yes? What is it?" he asked, mild annoyance audible in his tone.The door carefully opened, and one of the servants stood in the door opening, bowing to him, not looking in his eyes. As servants should. Adrian recognized the female, but he couldn't really be bothered to know her name of where in the castle he had seen her. Was it one of the kitchen girls? A maid cleaning the halls? It mattered not. She had a nice ass. That mattered a lot more.
"His Majesty has asked for you, Your Highness," she said softly, before turning on her heels and scurrying off like a terrified mouse. Adrian merely raised a brow. Best check what that was about. He made his way to his father's quarters, knocking on his door before entering.
"You have summoned me, Father?"

(( SarachaSauz06 SarachaSauz06 It's fine, I think. But personally, I'm not a fan of first person RPing. That's just me though, being used to solely RPing in third person. Also, I know the servant was supposed to tell him where to go, but by having the Prince go speaking to the King, we can have at least a tiny bit of interaction with the characters ^_^ ))

King Leon "Yes, I would like you to formulate a plan for Sir Alexander. I am sending him to acquire some money for the war efforts. However, the path is treacherous and I do not need to lose more men to those heathens." Leon explained. He motioned for Adrian to follow as he lead him to the table with the map. "I have plotted a course through the woods. The mountains are nearly overrun with the enemy, I want you to double this path and tell if you find any faults in the route. Then you are to accompany them and serve as motivation for the people in that area to show that even remote places like that are under our protection and guile." He then slid and turned the map towards his son for inspection.
comments
Thanks for the feed back, I'll go to my usual style, I'm mostly testing it in a sense and figured it would do good as an opener. I don't like it too much either, but good to know it was at least decent.

Áine Mhic Uistein
Áine Mhic Uistein.jpg
The forests had always been a part of Áine, ever since she was a young child, and now was no exception. She had rose very early in the morning to wander the forest as she always did when she was young, admiring the life that constantly fluctuated in the forests. Unlike when she was a young girl though, now she saw the very life of the forest, and in her druidic form, her connection only grew ever stronger. She could feel the death of one forest creature, just to feel the birth of another. A constant cycle that remained a wonder.

As she returned to the druid village, she was greeted by many children and growing druids alike. "Miss Áine! Will you tell us a story?" Áine giggled, "I would love to my dear child." As she took a seat on a nearby stump, one child clambered into her lap, while the rest crowded around her, waiting for the story. As she spoke, the air around her seemed to become more and more soothing. Some would think she was using her magic to put the children to sleep or ease any worries they may have had, which would be half true. Although she wasn't doing it directly, while in her druidic form she emitted a soothing magic aura that aided in keeping the injured calm as she focused on healing them. Although she wasn't healing anyone now, the aura remained, adding to her motherly view in the first place.

When she finished her story the children stared at her in awe, "Your mother really did that?" Áine giggled, "Would I tell you false stories of anyone in the village?" The kids knew she wouldn't, and that seemed to add awe to the story. "Now then, why don't you play a game? You're only young for so long my dears." The kids all agreed to do as she suggested and ran off to play whatever games they had thought of. That was until a few of them were distracted by Natus' parlor tricks. She began to walk up to the young chief as she caught ear of his thoughts in words. "I believe addressing the second in command and myself of any plans you may be working on. A check up on our stocks would most likely be wise as well young chief." Áine gave a warm smile to the chief and a faint bow of her head. "Good morning young Natus. Did you sleep well?"
You're only young for so long my dears...
Áine

FrostXShadow FrostXShadow

Cailte Ó Forannáin
Cailte Ó Forannáin.jpg
Most other druids thought Cailte to be an insane man with paranoia issues, which wasn't false, no, in fact it was the case entirely, yet at the same time it wasn't. Although he looked fairly young, he was around the age of most of the other druids that were active members of the clan. Unlike them, Cailte had one concern, his own survival, of course he'd help the other druids if it wouldn't risk his life directly, but he preferred to keep low unlike them. He didn't enjoy flaunting his magic, and he wasn't really able to very often with his constant visits to Camelot, the one place that killed druids without a second thought. Again, most believed him mad, and frankly, he wondered that himself from time to time. Yet here he was, in Camelot, casually walking along the streets in search of a replacement for his water skin that had broken a week prior.

"What?! That price is absurd! Don't you think you could lower the price just a wee bit?" Bartering with the man was seemingly impossible, especially with the price of all his wares being so inflated. "No deal, these wares are top of the line. Besides, money's been short these days with the King collecting for war expenses." War expenses? What was he possibly planning to do to the druids that was taking so much gold? "Hmm... fine. Normally I'd walk away, but now I'm curious as to what the king is planning... It's been some time since I've been back to Camelot." Striking the absurd deal with the merchant, Cailte went on his way with his new water skin to see just what the king was up to. A local tavern should have more than enough information for him, and be safe enough that he wouldn't need to resort to magic if anything went horribly wrong.
Don't you think you could lower the price just a wee bit?
Cailte
Anyone Anyone in Camelot

Áine Mhic Uistein The forests had always been a part of Áine, ever since she was a young child, and now was no exception. She had rose very early in the morning to wander the forest as she always did when she was young, admiring the life that constantly fluctuated in the forests. Unlike when she was a young girl though, now she saw the very life of the forest, and in her druidic form, her connection only grew ever stronger. She could feel the death of one forest creature, just to feel the birth of another. A constant cycle that remained a wonder.

As she returned to the druid village, she was greeted by many children and growing druids alike. "Miss Áine! Will you tell us a story?" Áine giggled, "I would love to my dear child." As she took a seat on a nearby stump, one child clambered into her lap, while the rest crowded around her, waiting for the story. As she spoke, the air around her seemed to become more and more soothing. Some would think she was using her magic to put the children to sleep or ease any worries they may have had, which would be half true. Although she wasn't doing it directly, while in her druidic form she emitted a soothing magic aura that aided in keeping the injured calm as she focused on healing them. Although she wasn't healing anyone now, the aura remained, adding to her motherly view in the first place.

When she finished her story the children stared at her in awe, "Your mother really did that?" Áine giggled, "Would I tell you false stories of anyone in the village?" The kids knew she wouldn't, and that seemed to add awe to the story. "Now then, why don't you play a game? You're only young for so long my dears." The kids all agreed to do as she suggested and ran off to play whatever games they had thought of. That was until a few of them were distracted by Natus' parlor tricks. She began to walk up to the young chief as she caught ear of his thoughts in words. "I believe addressing the second in command and myself of any plans you may be working on. A check up on our stocks would most likely be wise as well young chief." Áine gave a warm smile to the chief and a faint bow of her head. "Good morning young Natus. Did you sleep well?"
You're only young for so long my dears...
Áine

Cailte Ó Forannáin Most other druids thought Cailte to be an insane man with paranoia issues, which wasn't false, no, in fact it was the case entirely, yet at the same time it wasn't. Although he looked fairly young, he was around the age of most of the other druids that were active members of the clan. Unlike them, Cailte had one concern, his own survival, of course he'd help the other druids if it wouldn't risk his life directly, but he preferred to keep low unlike them. He didn't enjoy flaunting his magic, and he wasn't really able to very often with his constant visits to Camelot, the one place that killed druids without a second thought. Again, most believed him mad, and frankly, he wondered that himself from time to time. Yet here he was, in Camelot, casually walking along the streets in search of a replacement for his water skin that had broken a week prior.

"What?! That price is absurd! Don't you think you could lower the price just a wee bit?" Bartering with the man was seemingly impossible, especially with the price of all his wares being so inflated. "No deal, these wares are top of the line. Besides, money's been short these days with the King collecting for war expenses." War expenses? What was he possibly planning to do to the druids that was taking so much gold? "Hmm... fine. Normally I'd walk away, but now I'm curious as to what the king is planning... It's been some time since I've been back to Camelot." Striking the absurd deal with the merchant, Cailte went on his way with his new water skin to see just what the king was up to. A local tavern should have more than enough information for him, and be safe enough that he wouldn't need to resort to magic if anything went horribly wrong.
Don't you think you could lower the price just a wee bit?
Cailte
Anyone Anyone in Camelot

Natus smiled "good morning Àine" he returned the small bow "and yes I did sleep well, how is your morning going?" He smiled still preforming tricks for the on lookers that had surrounded him. He shot his hand in the air causing fire to erupt and burst into a little light show. He listen to the the little kids laugh and squeak asking him to do more and all he could do was smile.

Daena
Dragon's Perch Castle

200_s.gif

It had been a morning just like any other. Daena had joined her father for the first meal of the day. While her father discussed the affairs both of their lands and the wider kingdom, both Daena and her grandmother listened carefully. She knew her grandmother would discuss the details of it all with her later so Daena had started listening to what was being said and formulating possible scenarios and responses to those scenarios.

While her family appeared to follow the kings commands to the letter, her grandmothers careful machinations saw that many magic practitioners were kept hidden and safe. Unbeknownst to Daena, her Grandmother was aware of both the Prince of Camelot and the Druid Chief were both young and marrying one of them to Daena would further strengthen her family.

This was why Daena was being molded into a shrewd thinker, Her family were plotting to either make her a queen or raise her up with the Druid chief as a kingdom all their own.

Daena was completely unaware of this of course. Once she finished eating, she made her way outside to the balcony which led to the gardens of the castle, planning a walk for herself

(leaving this open for anyone to interact)

"Alright run along now son, that's enough stories of the future for now" Nathan said kindly.

"Yes doctor" the boy said obediently.

He liked to think of himself as a sort doctor in his own way. While he may not have the healing capacities of Aine, he could heal people in OTHER ways.

Nathan then took a leasurely stroll through the woods, admiring the beauty all around him, noticing every rock and tree and creature. Eventually he came upon the general area of where Nyara was. He made a hooting noise, just like an owl to let her know he was close nearby so as not to startle her.
marorda marorda

Áine Mhic Uistein
Áine Mhic Uistein.jpg
"My morning has been serene, thank you for asking." She looked to the children smiling and giggling at Natus' tricks and knelt to the ground. Touching the tips of her left fingers to the earth, it began to glow as a sprout began to grow. "Don't forget my dear children, with destruction... comes creation as well." The sprout continued to grow until it became a fully grown bush of razz berries. "Feel free to take some berries children." Áine smiled as the children grabbed a few berries and ate them. Turning to Natus, she spoke with a more serious tone, "Have you seen Cailte? I fear he's gone to Camelot again, despite the warnings everyone has given him..." Áine worried for everyone in the druid clan, and she worried for Cailte especially, as did many others, because he often left without warning, and typically went to Camelot for reasons beyond reason. "I do hope he's okay. I don't wish to grieve over fallen souls just yet."
My morning has been serene, thank you for asking...
Áine

Druid Chief Natus

"it is highly possible" Natus sighed shaking his head "that boy will never learn will he?" Natus signaled a drudic soldier to come to him "Please go find Cailte" the soldier nodded and ran off into the woods "I'm sure he is fine, he just has an adventures spirit and we are at a time of peace with Camelot. I'm sure nothing bad would happen to him." Natus smiled then went back to his pouty face "ugh now I have yo go train kids on magic use so the don't end up like me" he shook his head and put a loose strand of his midnight bed head back into its rightful place

DVationz DVationz

SarachaSauz06 SarachaSauz06 xpstitch xpstitch

Nyara
An owl hooting in the middle of the day... Odd, if not impossible. Maybe another hunter out there? No, that wouldn't make much sense, it might scare off nearby prey. So the most likely answer was that someone was alerting another person of their presence. Her eyes scanned the area around her. Nobody to see. Nyara presumed that, since she was sitting here, armed and all, whoever was making that sound was alerting her. You know, as to not accidentally get shot by one of her arrows. Her eyes scanned the surrounding trees again. There! Now she spotted it... or him, rather. A person on a stroll in the woods. She would have asked something along the lines of "who goes there?" were it not for the fact she couldn't speak. Instead, she turned to face the man, curiously tilting her head. Artemis, on her shoulder, cawed at the stranger, not seeing this new person as something dangerous. This calmed Nyara's tenses slightly. If the animals have no fear, neither should she.

Prince Adrian of Camelot
"Ah, I see," Adrian scratched his chin as he followed his father to the map. Yes, with a war on their doorstep to crush the heathens for good, more money would be welcomed. Very much so, indeed. He put his hands on the table and looked at the map, eyes trailing the route his father had planned out. He thought carefully, weighing the words in his mind before they would leave his mouth. "If recent reports are correct, and I see no reason why they shouldn't be, his part of the woods is currently overrun with bandits and hedge mages. Those who spread the false faith and cause nothing but trouble for those who wish to pass." The prince paused for a moment, moving a few pieces on the map to show a different route. "Although I certainly think we must do something about it, for now it would merely be a distraction, something that would cost more men than we can lose and more time than we can spare. The goal is to gain the needed funds as fast as we can, so I suggest taking this route," he pointed at the new route he had just planned. "It may take a few more days to reach our destination, but I'm confident it will be quicker than taking the initial route and dealing with all sorts of unpleasantness on the way."

Boris Anne Godwyn
"Boris. You're aware you've told me this story before?" A young woman in a boring grey gown pauses in a hall way of the royal palace in Camelot. She has a smattering of freckles on her face with a high density being over her right eye. Her hair was a golden brown, almost red, and her eyes were a dark green which was often compared to the greenery of the neighbouring forests. "It was a fairly important battle, Marie." Boris furrows his brows and rolls shoulders back in his plate suit. He lacked his helmet and shield, which wasn't rare while in the palace. It was rarer to see him with those than without. He and Marie spent many hours walking the halls together as she avoided working and he ranted about his glory days. "When I die, you'll need to bore the other servants with the past for me." She sighs and places a hand on his bicep. "I didn't mean it like that."
"It doesn't worry me, dear. I'm simply telling you that there are few servants in this palace that know of the battle quite like you. Most of those who were present for the battle died in it. This groove for example," He reaches his hand out to brush against the stone wall. In the stone lies a shallow bite with what seems like silver flakes wedged inside small markings. "I made this when the reserves rushed the corridor. I was in an intense fight with a bearded fellow, chain, plate, the works. He pinned me against this wall and strangled me to death with the hilt of his long sword. If not for the lord's divine-,"
"You're exaggerating again."
"Maybe just a little but the point I'm making is that this palace tells a thousand stories of a thousand valorous deaths. To ignore it is folly. Speaking of, have you seen his majesty this morning? I am yet to see him for morning counsel."
"I think he's in the council chamber. Him and that round table, clinging onto the past."
"Any letters?"
"None for you yet though no one's spoken of the courier arriving today. Perhaps he's running behind? If you're worried about your brother I'm sure he's safe. From what I hear he's a-"
"A deluded idiot or deranged murderer?"
"I was going to say very talented."
"Synonyms. Well I'd best let you return to your chores. If the others give you trouble you can blame it on me again. I enjoy our little talks in the morning." Boris raises his hand rubs her shoulder before giving her a gentle shove in the right direction back to the kitchen.

Boris cranes his neck from side to side, investigating his surroundings. Everything seemed to be in order and there wasn't any obvious signs of spies, practising pagans, or magic users. The way things should be. Where everyone is equally subservient to the king and the king subservient to the lord. Boris finishes his patrol of the palace and makes his way to the round table. He wasn't a fan of the room nor the sentiment that the round table held.
His boots make heavy thuds against the wooden boards leading up to the chamber room and the servants in the corridor seemed too focused to be eavesdropping. Regardless, it didn't make Boris feel at ease and he dismisses them all from being near the room. Whatever the king did was none of his business but it was his duty to protect his majesty and all of his secrets. The maids leave the area and Boris knocks on the door, waiting patiently outside for his majesty or one of the interior maids or personal servants to let him enter.

SarachaSauz06 SarachaSauz06 marorda marorda

Last edited:
Knight Alexander
Alexander sat in on his self-proclaimed personal log. He held a bag in his left hand, resting his sword against the log with his right. Once the bag was opened, it revealed a few loafs of bread, small loafs, it was enough to keep him buy for the next week or so depending on how much he ate. Alexander had no words besides his munching. Most of his helmet blocks his vision, though it didn't take him too long to realize someone running up the path, leading up to the camp. The person was asking around for someone, each person they asked pointed in my general direction.

Alexander figured it was a carrier, that's the only explanation for someone holding a small letter in their hand. He waited for the carrier to approach him, only for them to hand him a letter. "Thanks." Alexander somehow mumbled through the bread in his mouth. He threw his half-eaten pieces of bread back into the bag and finished his meal, beginning to read the letter.

It was a summoning, Alexander hasn't been summoned in a very long time. He figured it was big news or it had some type of importance. He quickly tied the bag of bread to his waist, sheathed his sword, then ran to his horse. Alexander saddled up, then gave a big "Yee-Ha!" and began to ride off into the distance, or other wise the Kingdom.
SarachaSauz06 SarachaSauz06

marorda marorda

"It is a lovely day today is it not? It's a shame our neighbors in the city cannot see its beauty for more than just profit" he said. Gesturing with his hands as well as he spoke.

He knew she could not speak. He did know however that she could also reply in her own way, even without words.

He had seen her around the clan before. He wondered if how she would react if he told her there was a language in the future that lets deaf and mute people speak. He wondered if he could teach it to her even.

Áine Mhic Uistein
Áine Mhic Uistein.jpg
Áine smiled, "Teach them well young chief... I have my own students to train in the arts of restorative druidry." Nodding once more to the chief, she stood and walked off into the direction of the grove where she taught her disciples in the arts of healing. It was unlike any normal grove for two primary reasons, first was that it was magically protected and secondly was that it had a soothing aura, much like Áine's own, however it also improved the effectiveness of healing done inside the grove. As she entered, she felt unaffected, she had grown use to the calming aura as she emitted one herself in her current form. Perhaps she was in this druidic form more than her own human form, she was okay with that if she were to be honest. This form made her feel more connected with the world around her, more comfortable with herself.
Teach them well young chief...
Áine

FrostXShadow FrostXShadow Anyone Anyone in Druid Clan

King Leon
"Ah, yes....How could I have forgotten such foul residents of that trail." Then to himself, "You fool." Back to his son, "Of course, I will update the plans immediately," Leon then handed a scroll to another servant. Just then a shadow passes under the door. "Must be Boris making his rounds, ever vigilant. Did I tell you of one time that he nearly beheaded me believing me to be a spy. It took one word to relieve the situation. A moment I'll never forget." He returns his gaze to his son. "I want you to inform the guard of the change in plans. I'll tell Alexander of the plans, he hasn't seen much work in a while, I hope he hasn't lost his touch." Leon grasps his necklace and says, "May God watch over you in your travels, Adrian." Leon gestures another servant to come forth, he sends the young lad out with a small note (((He is on his way to the mistress, but I don't know if isapi has a character in))).

marorda marorda The Chronicler The Chronicler Crumbli Crumbli

Boris Anne Godwyn
A servant of the chamber opens the door for Boris to enter. He takes slow strides into the room making sure to listen to the king as best he could. The king was mentioning a story of the two coming into conflict and Boris smiles to himself. An old story but a good one he remembers embarrassingly but with little weight. "It was your own fault for slinking around the palace." He speaks with a jovial tone but quickly changes to better suit the already established mood of the room. Something was amiss. The king continues to speak and Boris waits patiently for the two royal family members to finish their discussion. Upon such, he places a hand to his heart and bows his head.
He looks at the table and notices the strange path. He was familiar with some of it but most was beyond his field of experience. Nevertheless, he feels obliged to add his two cents in on the matter. "Careful taking that path, my prince." He walks closer to the table running his finger along a very short section of the path. "After even a light rain the ground can cause more than enough grief for your horse to be a hindrance instead of an aid." He doubts his input would help at all but if they weren't aware, the chances of them being still dark on the matter was incredibly small.

"My liege, I've a received a whisper. A word if we may?" Boris was more of a glorified palace guard these days but because of his position in the palace and his duty to protect the king, he worked closely with the spies and informants of Camelot as an advisory master of secrets. Boris used all information he could gather to out spies of the druidic forces and practitioners of the pagan faiths. Both of which were punishable by public execution. It'd been weeks since last they burned a witch or had a traitor drawn and quartered. If he were being honest with himself, the lack of findings made him feel inadequate. Because of this he'd begun to expand his horizons of searching and discovered from the city spies that druid merchants were travelling in and out of the city at will. This didn't sit easy with him and nor should it with the king. With the king's permission, he sought to receive the authority to form a band of loyal banner men sworn to the king much like he was, where they may randomly perform questioning with merchants. It wasn't so much to vet the religious aspect but to ensure that no one with ties to the druids was allowed in or out.

SarachaSauz06 SarachaSauz06 marorda marorda

Natus est Temptus

After a long hour of teaching children in the safety of using fire magic (one kid set another on fire) natus figured he would go check in the borders. These magical borders were set in place so he would know if any knight or person who would do the Druids harm cross. Upon his travels he came across a Druid and what seemed to be a Camelot citizen having a conversation "Nathan" he called out to his fellow Druid realizing it was non other than the village crazy person with the ability to see into the future "what are you doing this close to the borders" Natus asked as he walked closer to the too. It seems the citizen would be of no harm to him. "You know it's dangerous to be this close to Camelot since Arthur died. Wouldn't want you to get hurt by a wandering knight" he spoke with his hands behind his back and his hood pulled up so the only way Nathan would recognize him was by voice.
xpstitch xpstitch marorda marorda

"How nice of you to show concern for the village coock" Nathan said with a teasing laugh, almost as if he could read minds.

No, in truth... One didn't need to read minds to know what Natus was thinking, everybody calls him that anyways.

"I was just taking a stroll through the lands like a Druid scout should" he said cleverly.

"A man who's job it is to see in to the future is MEANT to be close to the borders" he added sagely.

"After all, SOMEBODY has to look out for approaching war parties" he said.

Natus

"And why do you think I'm out here? Seeing as it is my magic that holds the barrier" he shot back crossing his arms "who is she" natus asked pointing at her whilst taking his good off letting his black hair run free while he had his usual pout plastered in his face. He crossed his arms "She doesn't look of Druid decent which must me she is from Camelot, now why would a Camelot citizen be doing this far off into the woods. Knowing that it is inhabited full of Druids?" He turned his attention to the girl not knowing she couldn't speak"

marorda marorda FrostXShadow FrostXShadow
It's cute that he thinks his surveillance magic is actually worth any salt, Nathan thought in a moment of condescension.

"Dear Chieftain, I'm afraid you may be unable to understand even if she responds. Seeing as she is mute after all" Nathan said, attempting to spare Nyarra from any awkwardness of trying to signal an explanation to the cheif without the use of her vocal chords.

"As for her business here, she in fact IS Drudic in decent from what I can tell, she has no less right to peacefully gather the roots of the earth on these lands as any of the rest of us" he said calmly.

"If you will note the hawk on her shoulder, you can guess that she is likely not from the city, but rather another Druid that you simply never bothered to make note of until now due to the fact that she lives away from the rest of the clansmen probably" He said.

Nyara Nyara let the tension fade from her body. Although she didn't know this man too well, she knew he was indeed not dangerous. They had seen each other before, but not... well... "spoken" a lot. She had no idea what his name was, or where he came from. Just that he, too, came to the forest quite often. Nowhere near her hiding place, which might just be for the better, but the woods were large. And Nyara knew that somewhere in these woods, there should be druids hiding about. Or not hiding and just living their lives, who knew? She didn't.

"Hmhm," she nodded in agreement. Thankfully she could still make some noises to support her gesturing. The man spoke the truth. People in the cities, or even the villages, had a hard time appreciating the beauty of nature. Profit was all they saw, more often than not taking much more than they needed and not giving back for it. "A shame indeed,. People take, but they don't give." Which is bound to come around and bite them in the asses pretty hard, sooner or later. But that was a thought she safely kept for herself.

Another man approached them, one she hadn't seen bedje, but he seemed acquainted with this fellow apparently called Nathan. It surprised her the new man seemed to judge het and claim she had no druidic roots, thereby immediately assuming she planned ill on the druid community apparently close by here. Even more it surprised her Nathan just seemed to know about her druid roots. Then again, the man just seemed to know certain things. "I'm Nyara," she gestured, picking up a stick and writing her name in the soil. "This is Artemis," she patted the hawk on it's head and wrote his name in the soil too.

Prince Adrian of Camelot
Adrian smiled a small smile at his father. You couldn't possibly expect anyone to know of all dangers lurking on the roads or in the woods. Again he smiled as his father recalled an old story between himself and Boris. "You've told me, father," Adrian nodded. "Your input is appreciated, Boris. I shall keep it in mind, although I certainly think a muddy path will prove less trouble than a bunch of angry heathens and pagans." Adrian turned his attention to a servant, telling him to let Alexander know he would await him at the city gates.

Natus

Natus sighed and glared slightly at Nathan before looking to Nyara. He looked and saw she wrote her and her hawks name in the dirt "Nice to meet you Nyara, Artemis" he gave the hawk a slight bow showing his respect for animals and nature "excuse my rudeness, lately it seems I cannot trust anyone that is outside my people" he apologized with a small bow "my name Is Natus est temptus, just call me Natus or Alaric" he smiled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back