• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Call of the Multiverse

An examination of the Artifacts not really revealing much, Victor simply went with the sunglasses for two very simple reasons.

1) They hid his catlike eyes, the eyes that people always said made him look like a killer. Granted, they were right, but still.

2) They looked freaking cool.

Tucking the ring and diadem into his bag as well, Victor decided to channel energy into the sunglasses, not in the explosive fashion that he tried earlier, but more in the steady, directed, and low energy manner that he typically used when he absolutely had to use energy.

Alice stared at the remaining artifacts, wondering why the dog tags were so beat-up compared to the jewelry. Some of the other objects were pretty unremarkable as well. She squatted down by the table and picked up the top. For a children's toy, it was strangely metallic and utilitarian. A sudden dizzy spell overcame her - maybe because of how tired she was. Ignoring it, she sent the top spinning with a quick flick. It wavered rhythmically, balanced on its point in the way that had seemed like magic when she was young. She liked it: simple and unassuming. It was just there to serve its purpose (which was spinning around in circles).

As the toy started to lose its momentum, Alice squinted, trying to focus. Holding her breath, she felt energy flowing away from her.

@Yewchung

The lens of the sunglasses glow cyan, and you feel the choosing complete as you and the artifact trade energy like a lively couple trades saliva. Okay, maybe that wasn't the most savory analogy, but you get the idea.

Sunglasses get! *legend of zelda item tune*

@Nivrad00

The spinning top acts as a vortex, sapping your energy like a black hole as it spins. The toy glows cyan to show the choosing has been completed, and then it pours energy back into your body. You feel empowered, stronger, better.

Kaius, apologizing with an embarrassed smile, set the coin back on the table in front of the man he'd snatched it from. His face tightening in a grimace, he watched as the spinning top and sunglasses were apparently "chosen" which seemed to be a bonding process of sorts. Of course, there were also the few items that one boy stuck in his bag... He sighed. Soon enough there would be nothing fun to choose from. He glanced at the minimal items remain, set on at least giving everything a notice before making his final decision. All there seemed to be was a pendant and an anklet.

As the coin was literally snatched from his hands by some guy, Dorian turned and glared at him until the guy put it back on on the table... rather than passing it back. What the fuck? The youth shook his head and turned back to the table, plucking the coin back up. He liked it, it felt nice in his palm.

His item chosen, he focused his energy on it, hoping he was doing this right.

@Keo Major

The pendant is gold, set in with a rich green emerald. It is old, and a bit worn, with scratches here and there, but has still retained its original beauty. It has a strange odor to it, wild and fresh, but you can't quite put your finger on what it is, exactly...

The anklet is a simple metal band, the surface more polished and smooth than Vin Diesel's dome. It has a strange pearly color, and is cold to the touch. When you hold it in your hands, you can hear a strange echoing noise.

@Solitaire

Oh, looky, another fellow who's finally chosen their artifact. Well, isn't that just dandy. Yep, just rainbows and sunshine over here. Better put up a sign that says 'Peachyville', because that's where you live now. Mhmm, no doubt . So, just like everyone else, you feel the strange feeling of the coin pumping its energy into you and filling you with power. What power that is, you haven't yet discovered. But you will soon, I promise.

With a content smile, he slips the coin into his pocket and steps back from the table to let those who are yet to choose, do so. Dorian decides to go and explore the eclectic collection of... stuff that was placed around the room. Was that a shrunken head? He moved over to the jar and peered closely at the contents.

Andy frowned as the boy in front of her shifted and stored some items into his backpack as he chose the sunglasses. One more down, a few more to go, and she still hadn't chosen yet. Andy sighed in annoyance. Her indecisiveness was at it's peak. She couldn't chose. She knew that once she chose she probably wouldn't' trade it for anything, but the process of choosing nagged her.

Andy tightened her grip on her phone, and picked up the Armlet, Circlet. Dog Tags and Ring, considering a newcomer was inspecting the Pendent and Anklet.

Although with a glance, she watched as he examined the artefacts with awe and gentleness. The pendant was gold, set in with a rich green emerald. It looked really old and worn, with scratches here and there, but it still retained its original beauty.

The anklet was a simple metal band; the surface was polished and smooth pearly coloured.

Andy withdrew her gaze and focussed on the items in her hand, careful not to accidentally focus what little energy she had left into them. She didn't want another explosion like before, or end up like the dark skinned girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaius watched as the coin was chosen with a heavy sigh. Should've kept it while he had it. He really was losing all the items that seemed cool. He eyed the pendant. "Uhh! Fine, I'll go with this." He picked up the golden pendant; it smelled like wild orchards. "I hope it isn't aroma abilities. Please not aroma abilities." He muttered under his breath, placing the pendant around his neck.

He took a deep breath. He'd spent a lot of days, way too many really, of his high school years reading up articles on Psipog, a how-to websites for blossoming psychics. Needless to say the training had been useless, but perhaps those pointless metaphysical teachings now could come in handy. Putting what he remembered into action Kaius visualized the pendant as a blank page. He imagined energy flowing through his body. A thick, viscous substance, like ink. Mentally, he aimed the inky energy towards the, metaphorically blank page, pendant.

"These powers better be cool..." He muttered, finishing up the process as the energies mingled.

Indira paused in her cleaning and looked around. She'd been thinking about the dice, and then suddenly felt something odd, like a surge of electricity. Whatever strange energy that had possessed her made her suddenly...less tired, actually, though not much else as of yet.

She turned to the tiger cub that had recently begun attempts to shred her kaftan. She shivered; she'd need to ask for something warmer when (if!) she decided to stay. "Was that you, you bastard?"

You Bastard paused its work to bite her thoughtfully on the ankle, but otherwise didn't respond.

@October Falls

Finally, someone who even payed a little attention to the Armlet! The armlet is happy that it wasn't completely neglected. It is a thick band made of some sort of black metal substance, polished smooth and shiny. It is designed to be worn on the upper arm. When you hold it, the smell of sulfur fills your nose. Ugh.

The Circlet is as it's been described before: a silver crown-type thing, set in with a sky-blue gem. It's rather cold to the touch.

The Dog Tags are beat up and worn from eons of war, ravaged so much that the name on the tags isn't even readable anymore. The hand that you hold them in feels a little sore and stiff, and you have a little bit of trouble moving it while the tags are still in your hand.

The Ring has received way too much attention, and have been described at least five times now. Even the Ring thinks so. The ring is starting to become a little self-conscious, and it is begging me to not describe itself again, so you should probably go back and look for one of the previous descriptions.

@Keo Major

The pendant flashes cyan, and you succeed in choosing it. Congratulations. Like everyone else, you can feel the artifact's energy coursing through you, but this energy feels a little different, a little more...primal, almost. Huh. Whatever. Probably doesn't mean anything.

(( Sorry for the wait!! My apologies everyone :/ ))

As Andy examined the 4 objects in her hand, the one that called out to her the most was the ring. It was beautiful, set in with a purple amethyst gem. It sparkles brilliantly in the light, flashing and gleaming. The band is silver, carved with designs of mixtures between jagged lines and curvy ones. She felt powerful holding it in her hand, like she deserved to rule the multiverse. Even though such thoughts are dangerous, Andy couldn't help but feel wanted with this ring ,despite it's somewhat self-consiousness. She saw herself in this ring, and it's beautiful craftsmen ship made it that much more enjoyable.

With a deep breath, she set the other objects down and focused her lasting energy onto the ring she had placed on her right ring finger that seemed to fit so perfectly, it was as if the ring was forged just for her.

She glanced over at Valeray, just out of recognition. Whether or not he acted, it didn't matter. She just wanted to know if she was doing this correctly, and make sure he knew she was finally starting to accept her destiny.

Last edited by a moderator:
@October Falls

The ring flashes cyan to indicate the choice being finished, and then it pours its energy into you like the rest of the artifacts did for their owners. You feel energized, rejuvenated, full of stamina and ready to kick some booty. Yessir, from now on, no booty will be safe so long as you're around. Everyone had better hide their booty if they know what's good for them.

With a deep sigh, Andy felt replenished and free, as if she just downed 3 or 4 Monster Energy drinks in the past few seconds. Her ring indeed flashed the familiar Cyan light to indicate her deed was complete. It felt warm, yet cold at the same time and gave her the strength she didn't know she had. She didn't necessarily feel joyful about the ordeal, although she did feel that the circumstances she has been thrown into may not be so bad after all.

With slight embarrisment that she was the last one left at the table, she shrunk back to the spot she had found herself before hand and waited for further instructions, while making sure her Iphone was okay. Nothing will ever get between her and her phone, and now her Ring became a part of her too.

@Icefox11 @Alad V @supercrunched @SkyFilms @Ebonysdagger @TheHallowedGamer @October Falls @Yewchung

Valeray looks around the room. By the looks of things, everyone had chosen their artifact, and all of the mistakes had been cleaned up as well. Surprising, he expected about fifty more hordes of scorpions than that...and the tiger was surprisingly small. A mistake by one with more imagination would normally have conjured one as big as a semi truck.

Huh. Go figure.

"Have you all chosen? Splendid," he said, using a word that is only used by aged old fossils that can't come up with better synonyms for 'good', "that means you're all ready for your first Labyrinth."

He smirked at the last word, because he remembered his own experience in the labyrinth alone, and he remembered making a vow to one day give the same test to his apprentices. His chance had finally come.

"As sort of an introduction to your future jobs, as well as a chance to learn your artifacts powers and get used to them, I've prepared a small labyrinth in a private pocket of spacetime. Don't worry, it won't be too difficult. Especially not for young, imaginative, bold youngsters like yourselves. Why, I had to go through alone when I was your age. You're all very lucky to have each other. It'll make it a heck of a lot easier. Well, are there any questions before I warp you all off? I've got Hot Pockets burning, so make them quick."

@The Villain King

"Yeah, what are the odds of us meeting David Bowie in this labyrinth?" Raleigh decides to ask the obvious question that anyone who has lots of free time and access to old videos would think up. It also helps that he was really curious if he would need to worry about meeting the musician as he forgot to bring his autograph book with him. Then again, he did not have an autograph book either but no one here needed to know that.

Dorian looked from person to person, then to Valeray as he mentioned a labyrinth. "Wait... you're just going to throw us in the deep end? With nothing but a trinket?" This was insane... "Are there any dangers in the labyrinth aside from getting lost forever and dying?"

Knowing their luck, there was going to be traps and monsters. Big monsters. That ate the inexperienced, lost and confused 'heroes' they were meant to be. "Is it a 'get to the other end' or a 'find the treasure' labyrinth?"

Frowning as one girl (presumably) snatched the ring and diadem out of his backpack, Victor sighed as she chose the ring, as he had been hoping to work with it later.

Noticing that everyone had chosen already, Victor decided to stick all of the remaining artifacts into his backpack. They might come in useful later, after all.

However, upon hearing that they were expected to make it through a Labyrinth, Victor sighed. There was one important question though. "So how exactly do we use these artifacts?"

The cleaning was done, but Indira was still perplexed. "I don't actually remember choosing anything," she muttered, but all he same, she felt something calling out to her. She peered under the table and found the dice. She stared at them, and they stared back balefully.

"How do we know if we've managed to choose something?"

@Ebonysdagger @Solitaire @Yewchung

Valeray turned to the first teen.

"Extremely likely, actually. Good thing, too, I've been meaning to get his autograph. If you see him, will you get one for me? Thank you." He snapped his fingers, and a notepad with a pen appeared in the boy's hands.

He turned to the second boy.

"Of course I'm going to throw you into the deep end. I believe in on-the-job training. How will you learn without experience? And of course there is danger. There is a lot of danger. There is so much danger, in fact, that I wouldn't dare bring out a danger-ometer, or I daresay it'd explode. But it's okay, because I will make sure you all come back to life if you die horrible deaths. Does that sound like a good deal?"

He winked and heard what the third teen said, and gasped.

"Of course! I forgot to tell you what powers your artifact gave you...well, luckily for you all, I wrote myself notes eons ago so I could reference them if I forgot what they did. I believe I've got it here...here we are."

Valeray pulled an old folded piece of notebook paper from his coat, unfolding it and tossing it into the air, watching as it gently floated down and landed perfectly flat on the table. The writing was done in blue pen, in a neat and classy handwriting that could only be Valeray's.

The note read as follows: 
Winter Crown - Grants "winter" powers. Ice, snow-covered rocks, coldness, winter beasts. Brace yourselves, winter is coming. Something about a wall.

Desert Bands - Grants "desert" powers. Sand, sunlight, heat, oasises, desert animals. You know how sand gets into every little crevice? That power is now yours. Try not to laugh maniacally.

Sylvan Pendant - Grants "forest" powers. Plants, earth, forest beasts. Nature is one scary motherf***er.

Thunderhead Ring - Grants "storm" powers. Wind, thunder, rain, lightning, monsoons, you get the picture. Have fun being Zeus.

Igneous Armlet - Grants "volcano" powers. Lava, sulfurous gases, ash, etc. Melt 'em or choke 'em, your pick.

Seafoam Anklet - Grants "ocean" powers. Obvious water control, along with sea-creature shapeshifting. Landdwellers may jest about impracticality, but they don't control 70% of the Earth's surface like you do.

Battleworn Dog Tags - Turns owner into a veritable tank. Think Juggernaut. Being a freight train was never this much fun.

Locket of Souls - Summon guardian spirits to assist in battle. If you ain't 'fraid of no ghost, then this baby's for you.

Arsenal Dice - Roll to summon a random weapon. Discover new ways to kick ass with each toss.

Karma Coin - Luck Control, bestow bad luck on enemies and buff allies with good luck. Fortune smiles upon the badass.

Spinning Top - Spin control. Channel rotational energy through your limbs to enhance your attacks, and rotate your whole body to move around at high speed and deflect projectiles. You spin me right round, baby, right round~

Weighted Yo-Yo - Gravity manipulation. It's hard for them to hurt you when their faces are plastered to the ground, eh?

Warlock's Tome - Chock full of various dark spells. Summon swarms of bats, leech soul essence, you name it. Cthulhu's cell-phone number is written on the inside cover.

Occam's Razor - Cuts through anything, including spells, spirit contracts, the "friend-zone", the fabric of time and space, even a Nokia phone. For the love of God, don't drop it.

Shadow Cloak - Intangibility, flash-stepping, darkness control. You have ascended to a whole new level of ninja.

Scaling Gloves - Maintains hand grip on any surface, and offers complete invulnerability on the hands. Life becomes a whole lot more fun when you can simply slap your opponent's attacks aside.

Pathfinder Boots - No, they don't make you run faster. Instead, they sense incoming danger and alert you to it. Avoid all sorts of booby traps and dodge attack after attack. Indiana Jones is jealous.

Legion Shades - Duplication. These shades offer some anonymity, in more ways than one. Create solid clones of yourself to take hits for you and fight alongside you. Talk about finding yourself. 
@supercrunched

He then turned to Indira and smiled.

"You will simply know. I believe that you are already aware that you have chosen these dice, whether it be by accident or on purpose. In any case, you chose a good one. The Arsenal Dice are a personal favorite of mine."

Hicks had finally come back to himself, he'd been concentrating for a while, mayhaps he was meditating. But now Val was asking questions, for them to ask questions, as well as tossing notes around and saying they were meant to enter a labyrinth of sorts.

And then his stomach growled. When was the last time he had eaten? Days? Years. It had been years since he'd had anything worth eating.

He simply looked at Val and said one word.

"Food?"

"Duplication, huh?" Many hands make light work, eh? I've always wished I could do something like this.

Victor then immediately attempted to use the sunglasses to form 15 duplicates of himself, for a total of 16 Victors.

Shalin bit her lower lip her bangs dancing in front of her dead eyes, it seemed that the powers of their items was given to them through something other then words. Her boots made a small click as she stepped towards where everyone seemed to be finding their answers cane tight in her grip. Ever since she placed the boots upon her feet, a knowing feeling stirred within her. As if she could sense something farther, but what was still unclear.

Shalin wished to ask for help but due to her anti social behaviour didn't know who.

"Well..." Dorian muttered as he stepped back from reading the note after finding what power the coin bestowed on him. "I hope my luck in flipping coins is better in this place than it is back home."

It was true, he'd played D&D once and by the end of the first half hour... his character was dead due to the worst rolls imaginable. Although the power itself could come in handy for sure, if he rolls played out in their favour.

@Solitaire

Shalins head picked up as she heard a male voice beside her speaking of luck and looked over at the sounds origination nervously.

"I apologise for asking this but um," she paused looking in another direction uselessly,

"Could you read to me what the powers for the boots are. I can't.." She trailed off moving her bangs away from her eyes like a curtain to reveal their bright blue using that as her explanation for her inability to read the note.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back