• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern cabin 23 [roleplay thread]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

sorbet

c'est magnifique
website_hero_camp16.jpeg

A large sign held up by two shaky-looking posts welcomes you to Moosehead Point Summer Camp.

Whether you drove yourself, your parents are dropping you off, or if you got here by some other means: this is it. Take your bags and head on into the next two and a half months of your life.

Welcome to Camp.

final girl. final girl. FireGirl02 FireGirl02 xserendipitously xserendipitously 20k 20k Verdana Verdana diablita diablita PrincessMuk PrincessMuk

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Elaina
2;04pm

Elaina, per usual, was the first to arrive this year. She may not have been the eldest counselor, but she'd been going here the longest. Jenna and John had told her the place was set up, and that everything should be fine for the first week.

Her heart still raced anxiously, however. This year a whole new band of kids her age were headed here, and she wasn't sure how ready she was for that. Her friends and her had had great times over the years by themselves up here, no need for tours, awkward ice-breaking games, or any of that other stuff. But she couldn't deny a small part of her heart wanted to meet them. But she still had time. It was relaxing, and soothing for her to walk down the familiar paths of the camp grounds, and when the cabins grew visible, she giggled happily to herself.

She'd already changed into her shorts and camp t-shirt, her converse already brown-stained by the dirt and leaf mulch that powdered the hard, worn paths of Moosehead. Carelessly, she tossed her suitcase into Cabin Four, and slammed the thin door shut. Jogging back down the path that she had came from, she sat down on one of the small wooden chairs beside the fire-less fire pit, the entrance of the grounds visible.

Humming softly to herself, she played idly with her short nails as she waited patiently for others to arrive.

Flora Dumont07EC1E9D-A971-41AD-9AB9-479C009A0E1F.jpeg
——
mentions: none yet (;
interactions: none yet
——

Camp Moosehead. A name that could roll off your tongue as easily as your own. One that could be recognized for its gorgeous scenery and the friendly faces that greeted you the moment you walked in. You almost felt at home with yourself, even if you were miles upon miles away from your doorstep. An atmosphere that warmed you inside and out.

And would probably give you a sunburn in the process.

Flora Dumont could be found entering through the front enterance of the camp earlier than most, rubbing in the remaining sunscreen she had plastered onto her arms just seconds ago. She muttered incoherently to herself about how the sun would burn her to ash, not caring in particular if any of the other counselors had overheard. She heaved a large gym back across her shoulders, carrying what she assumed to be equal to her own body weight.

Clad in what was perusual to all counselors that worked in the camp, Flora easily blended in with the rest. Their smiling faces for a new summer disgusted her, seeing the gross joy for socializing with others seeping to their cheeks in wide grins. In an attempt to keep her wits about her, and to avoid making a snappy remark, Flora chose to find the cabin she would be the head of, and to finish off the rest from there.

She carried herself past her fellow counselors, offering an ‘excuse me,’ or other muffled apologies as she went. Keeping her assigned number in mind, Flora searched eagerly for the number three. She had spent her summers in that very cabin for years on end, and as the memories of antics and secret-sharing flooded her memory. Forcing out a content sigh, she stepped onto the wooden platform, cautious not to have the second step squeak as she knew it would if too much weight was put on it.

Upon entering, nostalgia filled every crevice there was in each wall, each simple detail Flora laid her eyes upon. There was her corner, the highest of all the bunk beds, waiting before her as though it were to be a reunion with an old friend. She smiled to herself as she settled onto the mattress, looking up to the ceiling at the window just above her. She knew why she had picked this very bunk. Staring at the night sky helped her think when she needed to. It had gotten her through the best and worst times of her entire life, and she would have never changed a thing for it.

Zipping her bag open, and retrieving a few items of clothing in her arms, Flora set them into one of the drawers in the room, where she would share it with another. Finding herself satisfied, Flora headed from the cabin, in the route from which she had came. She had walked down each trail a million times, to the point she had no reason to think about where she was headed.

Upon entering the main space to the enterance of the camp, Flora stepped into the group of other counselors, knowing how just to flutter beneath the radar of socials, and faded into the crowd of doppelgängers like wind would to a brush of air.

Last edited:
Madison 'Mads'

ParchedDelectableCopepod-max-1mb.gif

Madison sat in the car, most kids her age would probably hate going to summer camp but Madison was actually pretty excited she loved the thought of meeting new people and making new friends. She had seen at her school a flyer promoting Camp Moosehead, after she read the little pamphlet that her school had on display she knew she wanted to go there in the summer well fast forward to the beginning of summer and here she was, at Camp Moosehead.
When she arrived and the car stopped she practically jumped out of the car from excitement "Wow i've never seen a sixteen year old so excited for summer camp before" her mother chuckled as she got out of the car as well to help her daughter "Sorry you just know how much I love trying new things and meeting new people" she said as she grabbed her big duffle bag from the trunk along with her backpack. "Yes I know" her mother said as she shut the trunk "Now you sure you packed everything? Sunscreen? Bug spray? Flip-flops? A hat?" her Mom went on rambling "Yes I have everything you just said" she smiled "Okay well have fun and I guess i'll see you at the end of the summer" her Mom said before hugging her daughter and getting into their car then driving away.
Madison looked around she saw the cabins where she and her fellow campers would be staying, she saw the beautiful lake water, the lawn chairs that overlooked the water, a few fire pits which she couldn't wait to roast marshmallows. She took a deep breath in smelling the natural scent of being outside, the smell of the trees mixed with the smell of the water was just fascinating.
After she was finished admiring everything she realized she wasn't quite sure where it was she was supposed to go, she wasn't sure if there was a sign in somewhere or just find a cabin. So she started walking and hoped she would find something or someone that could help.​

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"don't want you to worry, but baby please don't leave"
[/div]​
» INFO
Character: Chloe
Time: 2:32pm
Interactions: Elaina
Mentions: sorbet sorbet

Arriving into the camp, there were no teary goodbyes or frantic, last-minute bag checks for Chloe. Quite the opposite, in fact -- she hadn't even said goodbye to her dad before she drove herself for five hours to Camp Moosehead, and the most exciting thing about it so far seemed to be the parking space. She wasn't as chipper as one would expect when attending a summer camp, though she was definitely happy to be away from home for so long. It was better than crashing at a friend's house, anyway, or -- God forbid -- a boyfriend's. (Yeah ... she was glad nobody here knew her.)

The gravel crunched beneath her wedged sandals as she stepped back to avoid being hit by her car's trunk door as it closed, her suitcase in tow when she made her way to what seemed to be a common area, a firepit in the middle with people walking around, and a (pretty, she noted) girl wearing a counselor's outfit sitting on a wooden chair.

"Hey, excuse me," Chloe said as she approached the girl, leaning on her suitcase as she adjusted her blue-tinted sunglasses. "I'm not sure what cabin I'm supposed to be in. Mind helping a girl out?"
[/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scrolls, hover over photo

Last edited:

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"I think we all just need a little bit love"
[/div]
» INFO
Character: Jordan
Time: 2:25pm
Interactions: N/A
Mentions: N/A

If there was anything Jordan loved more than sketching, it was definitely this; the sounds as their dad's car rolled up to the entrance of camp, the smell of pine and oak in the air, the giggles and greetings and goodbyes from campers young and old . . . yes, this was something they enjoyed every year, especially when it was Camp Moosehead. They'd only attended the camp two years before, but it had quickly become one of their favorite places in the world, though that was admittedly an easy achievement.

The goodbyes went as they always did -- Jo's dad telling them to have a good summer with tears in his eyes as if he was letting his baby out into the world for the very first time, them rolling their eyes and kissing him on the cheek before getting their luggage and waving goodbye, earbuds already in. Jo turned from the car before they heard it leave, knowing their dad would never drive away if they didn't take that first step, and made their way into the camp, an EDM mix playing at mid-volume in their ear all the while.

It didn't take long for Jo to find their cabin -- good old Cabin Three -- and unpack before they snuck into the bathroom to change. (Despite attending the camp before, they barely knew anyone here, and the one or two people they'd consider friends were apparently not coming this year. Hence, the hesitance towards changing in front of their cabinmates, whether said cabinmates were even in the cabin or not. Jo found this a common theme in their life, though, so it wasn't anything new.) Once that was done, they decided ten more minutes of EDM would be their limit until tonight; after all, the outdoors wasn't to be wasted, even if headphones were a great excuse to avoid interacting with people while still being able to secretly listen to them. (Okay, that last bit sounded a bit creepy -- but Jo swore to themself it wasn't.) And so, to the outdoors they went, if a bench right outside their cabin counted as that.
[/div]

Last edited:

Noah James Taylor
mood: excited, happy
interactions: felix, elaina, chloe
tags: sorbet sorbet PrincessMuk PrincessMuk

Noah's car groaned as it climbed the hill to the entrance gates of Camp Moosehead. They'd been driving for so long and Noah's car was definately long overdue to go to the scrapyard. Still, he leans forwards against the steering wheel and urges the car to continue climbing the hill.

"Come on, Old Girl, you've got this! Just a little further!" Noah encourages the inanimate object, giving the steering wheel a reassuring couple of pats. Felix, who had been quietly browsing one of his new textbooks in the passenger seat, looks over at his best friend and raises a blond eyebrow.

"Noah, why do you think that talking to your inanimate car is going to improve it's performance?" He asks softly, his Swedish accent lacing around each word. Felix deepens his seat and leans backwards in a teasing manner, simply to get Noah ticked off. It worked.

"Old Girl and I have a bond," Noah chirps dramatically, leaning forwards even more to the point that he is almost standing. "You just wouldn't understand, Felix."

Felix rolls his blue eyes and diverts his attention back down to the textbook pages in front of him. "I think it is time to trade in this junk heap and get a new car that can actually drive. You can afford it, so why not. This car is older than you and me combined and that isn't a good thing." Felix notes, turning the page and beginning an analysis different animal skeletal systems. Noah shoots a sharp glare over at his friend and strokes the dusty dashboard.

"Shh, don't listen to him, Old Girl, it's you and me to the end." Noah whispers, closing his eyes as if to hold back tears. As the car finally crests the hill, Noah breathes a sigh of relief and sinks back into his seat. "You astound me every time, Old Girl." Felix snorts as they drive past the sign stating "Moosehead Point".

"Keep talking to your car like that and you'll find yourself locked in a psych ward instead of having fun in the sun this summer." Felix teases, rolling down the window. A sudden gust of wind smelling sweetly of pine, fresh water, and wet earth wafts into the car. That scent right there is the embodiment of summertime.

Noah pulls his rust bucket into a parking spot and turns off the engine, the car almost thanking him as the inner mechanics die down. He presses a button to pop the trunk open and un-clips his seat belt to get out of the car. As he steps out of the car and onto the gravel underfoot, he takes a deep breath of the fresh air and a grin spreads across his face. "Welcome home."

He heads to the back of the car and pulls his baggage out of the trunk. His counselor shirt is sitting right on top of his bag so he pulls off his now sweaty road trip shirt and pulls it on instead. Throwing his duffel bag over his shoulder, he slams the trunk shut and looks to a rather confused looking Felix. "What?"

"You could not have waited to get to the cabins to change?" Felix chuckles, grabbing his bag from the back seat.

"Why would I wait when the shirt was right there anyways?" Noah responds, clicking the button to lock his car. "Come on, let's go find the others. I can't wait to see the freshies that are here this summer."

Noah and Felix begin their walk into the camp. Noah moans in content as he walks, shaking the stiffness of the car ride from his long legs. As the cabins come into view, Noah lets out a celebratory whelp and heads down towards them. The first person he spots is Elaina and another girl that he didn't recognize. He walks over to them and waves to Elaina, who he had attended the camp with the summer before.

"Hey! Long time no see!" He greets cheerfully, adjusting the backwards baseball hat on his head. Noah turns towards the new girl when she asks a question and grins. "You've picked a good person to ask, Elaina knows this camp like the back of her hand." Noah compliments, shifting his body around in order to make the heavy duffel bag weighing down on his shoulders less noticeable. "I'm Noah by the way, another counselor here."

codedbycrucialstar

Felix William Karlsson
mood: calm, excited
interactions: noah, elaina,madison
tags: sorbet sorbet FireGirl02 FireGirl02

Felix watches as Noah takes off down the hill towards Elaina and a new camper with a gentle chuckle. Noah reminds Felix of a golden retriever: kind of silly, fiercely loyal, and a sucker for meeting new people at the dog park. Felix takes his time heading down after his chaotic friend, taking in the view in front of him. One of the first things he wanted to do was swim in the lake, one of his personal favourite pass times.

As a squirrel runs by in front of his path, Felix remembers that he has to call tonight to make sure that his pets are okay without him. His rescue pets, specifically his dog Luna, often have a difficult time when he goes away for the summer. His parents often make trips out to Moosehead with the dogs so that Felix can continue on with a peaceful state of mind knowing his pets are okay and so that the dogs will start eating again and stop carrying around anything that could possibly smell like Felix.

Felix heads over to Noah and Elaina with a gentle smile on his lips. "Hello, Elaina." He greets softly before looking over to Noah. Felix grabs Noah's bag from off of his shoulder and slugs it over his own. "I'll drop your bag off at your cabin." Felix offers, earning a nod from Noah.

"You're the best, you big Swedish giant!" Noah thanks with a cheer. Felix fakes a bow before heading to Noah's cabin to drop of his things and then to his own.

Felix unpacks his clothes and belongings into the drawers, taking his time as to not make things messy before things even got started. Felix likes organization and order, quite the opposite of Noah. He could only image the atrocities that would be Noah's drawers once he unpacks later tonight. Felix finishes unpacking and zips up his suitcase and stores it gently beneath his bed. He changes out of the clothes he drove here in and into his counselor shirt and grey baseball hat.

Felix walks out into the sunshine, careful to close the door to his cabin securely behind him. He didn't want a repeat of last summer when a couple of skunks thought it would be amusing to raid the cabin in the middle of the day. Felix stretches his arms above him, only lengthening his height and making him seem even bigger than he is, as he looks around at all the new faces at the camp. Felix spots a redheaded girl he hadn't seen before looking rather confused and decides to head over for her.

"Hey there. You look a little lost, is there anything I can do to help? I'm Felix, one of the counselors here." Felix introduces with a gentle smile, speaking carefully in an attempt to hide his accent. Even though he had been living in America for almost ten years, his Swedish accent still prevailed and never failed to make him self conscious.

codedbycrucialstar

Madison ‘Mads’
3B031476-0A32-4704-A479-4776489D85C9.jpeg
mentions: xserendipitously xserendipitously
Madison turned at the sound of a unfamiliar voice “Hi yeah I’m a bit lost, it’s my first time here my names Madison” she introduced herself, as social as she may have been she would’ve never actually asked for help because she’s stubborn and feels she can figure everything out on her own but she was glad Felix had seen her confusion “I was wondering if I had to sign in anywhere or just go straight to a cabin?!” I asked him, he was a counsellor so he would obviously know the answer to that question, hopefully​

Odey
3F57BFE8-346D-457D-ACD0-C5561BECA784.gif
Odey walked out of his cabin, he still couldn’t believe at the age of seventeen he was still going to this camp, he had started coming here when he 9 because his father and mother had meetings overseas and rather than having to hire a nanny or get a family member they figured a camp would be better but now 8 years later, he’s still coming here because according to his father “it’ll do him good to be outside”.
He rolled his eyes at the thought of his father but instead of dwelling on something he can’t change he figured he would try and enjoy this summer before he has to get into the hustle and bustle of university and intense football practices.
He took of from his cabin and started running laps around the camp because he hadn’t met anyone yet so he figured he’d burn some steam off by running.​

Flora Dumont7446A8BC-9B21-4714-BCDB-402F6ECE17D4.jpeg

mentions: xserendipitously xserendipitously (Noah & Felix) ; FireGirl02 FireGirl02 (Madison & Odey)
interactions: sorbet sorbet (Elaina)

Watching as the camp filled up ever so gradually as time went on, Flora could feel herself drifting farther and farther from the group she had once been standing in the middle of. She wasn’t one for large crowds; anyway. So, there she stood, in the middle of no where and everywhere, considering where to go. Knowing the camp grounds as well as she knew herself, she discreetly observed the people and their locations. There was campers to greet, but also there was old friends to reconnect and reminisce with. Walking past a boy who seemed to be a bit too busy with running laps like a madman in the blazing sun, Flora approached a group of counselors near the fire pit that seemed to be introducing themselves to a girl with fiery red hair.

She only happened to recognize Elaina, someone she had worked beside for going on two years. Sure, they were a little different, and had different dreams in life, but somehow Flora enjoyed having her company. The other two counselors she assumed had just applied earlier that year, but it was possible she may have passed one when they had still been campers. One seemed extremely tall, standing st what she had assumed to be around 6’5”, whereas the other was a tad bit shorter in comparison. The quicker she approached the group, the more she felt like she was going to trouble them with her remarks and awfully sarcastic humor. But she was already standing a few inches from them, and she didn’t want to come off as some sort of creep.

Trying her best to join without intervening completely with what was already happening, Flora decided to subtly greet Elaina, as she was the only person she really knew within the group. She could see that there was the brunette boy that had already talked to her, though his back now was to her. Nonetheless, she took the chance. “Hi, I hope I’m not interrupting anything between you two.” Flora input casually, raising a hand with a small wave directed to no one in particular. It wasn’t the most graceful or lively of introductions, but she was yet to adjust to the environment again.

Clearing her throat, Flora continued, “I have a bit of sunscreen left, if anyone needs any.” Lifting the yellow bottle from beneath her right arm, held it for anyone was willing to take it. Maybe it was just her, someone who burnt so quickly that you looked equivalent to a ripe tomato, even if it sounded completely and utterly embarrassing to the human ear.

Last edited:
interactions: final girl. final girl. xserendipitously xserendipitously PrincessMuk PrincessMuk

Before she could answer the pretty blonde with the nice sunglasses, she was interrupted by the familiar voice of another counselor behind her, a loud whoop indicating his presence. She smiled,

“Noah!” she greeted cheerfully, turning to to him and his companion. “I’d say I missed you, but I’m still deciding if I did.” A grin split her features, and her eyes were bright as he started explained to the new girl how much she knew the camp. “It doesn’t take long to figure it out— I’ve been coming here since I was a freshman. Though I bet I could still kick Noah’s ass playing hide and seek around the camp.”

As Noah explained something quickly to the newer girl, Elaina smiled warmly at Felix. “Hey, it’s good to meet you.” She watched him for a moment as he walked away, blinking. The greetings seemed endless as Flora appeared behind her, and she chuckled. “Oh, hey Flora. That sunscreen’ll provably come in handy sooner or later. Don’t waste it!” Remembering why the conversation originally started, she turned back to Chloe, finally getting around to answering her question.

Elaina smiled sheepishly at her, peering past the blue sunglasees. “Welcome, anyways,” she said quickly, pointing down the path towards the cabins. The worn dirt path already had footprints scattered in it, from sneakers to sandals to plain bare feet. “They’re right down there. You should’ve gotten assigned one when you signed up, and all the numbers are on the doors. You should find them pretty easy.” Her hair waved gently as she stood out of the chair, glancing at the girl one last time. “Also, I like your shades.”

“God, it’s been so long,” she said with a smile to no one in particular, settling back into a wooden chair beside the fire pit. “This is gonna be a great year I hope.”

(if anything needs to be edited, let me know! i did this in the middle of class like a cool kid)

"don't want you to worry, but baby please don't leave"
[/div]​
» INFO
Character: Chloe
Time: 2:39pm
Interactions: Elaina, Noah
Mentions: xserendipitously xserendipitously sorbet sorbet

Chloe gave a small smile to Noah, stifling her laughter when Elaina spoke. “That’s ... good to know. I’m Chloe, this is my first year.”

What Chloe had thought would be an easy interaction — just asking a question, nothing else — had suddenly turned into a group of people and introductions (most which weren’t aimed at her, but still). Chloe didn’t mind too much ... people wanted to catch up with their friends and fellow campers/counselors, she understood. Still, she’d feel a lot better once she knew where to unpack.

Luckily, Elaina didn’t forget about her. Chloe gave a cool smile when she finished, nodding and pulling up the handle of her suitcase. “Ah, okay.” At the compliment, Chloe only smiled wider, “well then, I guess I’ll be wearing them more often.”

With that, she left, finding the cabins so easily she probably had wasted everyone’s time asking for help. Still, socialization was never a bad thing, especially when it involved cute girls (they were almost always straight, but still, she had eyes.) Cabin Four seemed to spark a memory of her cabin assignment, and so she let herself inside. She chose one of the bottom bunks in the corner, unpacking her things within about five minutes. After quickly checking herself out in the mirror, she went back outside, eager to meet people and make her mark.
[/div]

Last edited:
Odey
13381100_287381664932833_1499903781_n.jpg

When Odey had finally finished burning off steam, he made his way back to his cabin, he found it odd that no one had come to his cabin yet but he wasn't complaining, not having to share a cabin with anyone would make this "trip" a little more enjoyable.When he walked into his cabin he quickly changed into swimming trunks and a black and white baseball style t-shirt. He slipped his flip flops on before leaving and just stood outside his cabin's door enjoying the sun, when he was done embracing the sun he started walking looking for someone to talk too, he thought he saw a group of counsellors, he probably knew at least one of them considering he had been going here for awhile.​

Mia

Mood: Unsure | Interacting with: N/A | Mentions: N/A

The bus only took her so far. With a sigh, Mia continued her walk along the side of the road. Transportation was difficult when you couldn’t drive without an adult in the car. Even then, she still didn’t trust herself behind the wheel enough to go this far out. Thus, the bus was her only option.

Mud enveloped her right foot and she grimaced, pulling it out from the puddle with a shake. “Gross.” This was why she didn’t go outdoors often. There were all sorts of things, living or otherwise, that had their hearts set on making her miserable.

Mia had to keep reminding herself about why she was going. At this rate, she was tempted to just turn back around. Would this chance really be worth it? Socialization wasn’t that important, right? …The loneliness in her heart was telling her otherwise.

Not too much longer, she reached the camp. It was bigger than she expected, but it smelled just like she thought it would. Naturey. Mia hoped she would eventually get used to the scent of earth sooner rather than later.

After spending some time admiring the scenery of it all — she may not be an outdoors person, but it was pretty here — she walked around to the cabins. A male was leaving one of them in swim trunks and a black shirt. There was a group of what appeared to be counselors nearby, as well. Feeling too out of place to talk to a group of people, though, Mia chose to approach the guy instead.

“Hey, do you know where I can find my cabin number?” she asked, her hands clasped firmly in front of her. “It’s my first year here and I’m not sure where I belong.” Chuckling nervously, she avoided eye contact, not sure how to conduct herself.
code by Ri.a

Odey
42968348_1122266261282471_9134300289321093337_n.jpg
mentions: Kipsy Kipsy
Odey turned when he heard a voice "Oh hey" he said noticing a girl around his age "Your cabin number would've been included in your information package either in the email they sent out about 2 weeks ago or the package in the mail they sent out" he explained to the girl, he knew all of this information as he's experienced it the past few summers

"I'm Odey by the way" he introduced himself deciding to just give into the summer camp and try and enjoy himself which the only way he could do that was if he made friends and socialized with the other campers "I've been coming here for quite some time now so I can show you to your cabin if you want or just give you directions whatever you'd like" he told her, he wasn't usually this nice but he figured no one knew him here, hopefully, so he didnt have to live up to his fathers expectations.

Mia

Mood: Awkward| Interacting with: Odey | Mentions: FireGirl02 FireGirl02

Mia was grateful this guy didn’t seem to think too much of her social awkwardness. However, at the mention of the number she was supposed to know, she paled. She not only neglected her email, avoiding the checking it like it was the plague, but she also left the letter at home.

Her lips parted into an ‘O’ shape. “I may or may not have left those papers at home,” she explained. Mia was furious with herself. That was such a horrible move on her part. Of course she should’ve brought the information packet with her; what was she, stupid?

Groaning, she pulled out her phone. “I’ll just check—” Her eyes widened. “What do you mean no service?” she squeaked, holding her phone up to the sky. “How am I supposed to play my pocket games?” That was one of the things she looked forward to: showing off how high her levels were in some of the more popular apps. If there was no connection here, though, that dream was now impossible.
code by Ri.a

ODEY
mentions: Kipsy Kipsy
I chuckled "its okay I forgot mine too" he told her trying to make her feel better "Do you mind if I help?" he asked her reaching out for her phone, he knew exactly which way you should hold your phone if you want service trust me he's tried many times. When she gave it to him she did it very hesitantly so he reassured her he wouldn't drop her phone "Dont worry" he gave her a warming smile. He worked his magic and sure enough her phone had found service "it won't last long so whatever it is you need to do I suggest you do it fast" he told her as he handed the phone back to its owner

Noah James Taylor
[FONT=Arial[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]][/COLOR]

mood: cheerful
interactions: elaina, flora
tags: sorbet sorbet final girl. final girl.

[/FONT]

Noah playfully pouts at Elaina's words, draping his left arm around her shoulder. "Aw come on, you didn't miss me even a little?" He teases, allowing his brown eyes to water and look puppy like. When she mentions hide and seek, Noah perks up and a devious grin spreads across his face.

"While that is probably true, I'd still like to try. We should definitely have a rematch!" Noah chirps, dropping his arm from Elaina's shoulders.

Noah looks around the group of people now forming near Elaina. It isn't surprising that she was the person everyone flocked to, she's practically the mascot for Moosehead. He spots a girl whom he vaguely remembers seeing the year before.

"Flora, right?" He questions, raising an eyebrow. "I don't know if you remember me but my friend Felix and I were counselors last year. I'm Noah." He reintroduces, taking his hat off. Noah shakes his deep brown hair out and places the hat back onto his head backwards. Noah slides down into a wooden chair across from Elaina and stretches out his arms, his body still stiff from the drive.

He leans his head back, allowing the warmth of the sunlight to dance over his skin. He had really missed this place over the school year.

A lot had happened since the last summer he was here. Noah had bought his car (if you can even call it that) with the money he got from working at the camp over the summer. He managed to raise his average to a 95% and got accepted into the same university as Felix did for biochemistry on a volleyball scholarship. He also managed to get an amazing girl to date him for seven months only for her to entirely break his heart after cheating on him with another member of the volleyball team. Noah's jaw tightens at the thought of her but he quickly diverts his attention away from it. This summer was time for fun, not for reminiscing on people that he would likely never see or interact with again.

Noah lowers his head to look at the group and blinks the sun spots out of his eyes. "So, what are you guys looking forward to most this summer?" He asks, crossing his legs on the chair.

codedbycrucialstar

Felix William Karlsson
mood: calm, happy
interactions: madison
tags: FireGirl02 FireGirl02

Felix smiles warmly at the girl and nods as she speaks.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Madison." Felix greets softly. "There's no need to sign in, just head on in to your cabin and unpack. You should have gotten a cabin number on your letter of registration or in an email. If you aren't sure of the cabin number, your name will be on a list on one of the cabins." Felix explains, tucking his hands into his back pockets. Felix stretches out his back slightly, a small crackle being felt. Man, he really hated long car rides.

"If you have any more questions, feel free to let me know. I'm happy to help." Felix adds sweetly with a kind grin.

He looks around at the campers and counselors alike all filing into the camp. Some, like Madison, are fresh faced and shy. Others are seasoned and have been here before. Friends run to greet each other, smothering one another with bear hugs and high fives. Some campers have upgraded to counselors and wear their shirt bearing their title with such unprecedented pride. Move in day was always Felix's favourite for that reason alone. The first day of camp always has such a unique energy, it really is something special.

codedbycrucialstar

MADISON
mentions: xserendipitously xserendipitously

"Ohh okay, thank you so much" she told him, she honestly had no idea what she would've done if Felix hadn't come over and helped her "You seem very familiar with everything, how long have you been attending the camp?" she asked being polite plus he was the only person at the moment she knew so she wanted to make conversation with him.
She looked around noticing that there were a lot more campers and counsellors present, she smiled this was definitely going to be a great summer, she already knew that.

tumblr_p3ykf2ppFq1wpawr1o2_250.gif

mood: cheerful, calm
interactions: xserendipitously xserendipitously

She could't help but chuckle as Noah draped an arm around her shoulders, and she leaned her head back for a moment. Her grin widened at his puppy dog eyes, and she caved. "Fine, I guess I missed you."

Glancing up as he dropped his arm, she blinked quickly before laughing, shaking her head. "I’ll bet it is true. Do you not remember last year? We had to pull you out from underneath one of the cabins," she shrugged teasingly. "Maybe I'll let you be my partner and then you'll win. Maybe."

As he turned to talk with Flora, Elaina slipped her hair into a ponytail, her bright red scrunchie tying around her caramel locks. It had been almost an hour since she arrived, and she'd been standing and walking the whole time. With a smile, she maneuvered herself into a wooden chair, and stuck her feet up on the warm, sunbathed stone of the fire pit. It was relaxing to be here, though the amount of questions and help and conversations she’d need to have would tire her out sooner or later. But she really had missed everyone, from Noah to Flora and everyone who had been a part of last year’s summer group.

Her school year had had her yearning for the last day of school. Exams and classes seemed like they would never end, with their assignments and projects and all that they required. Choosing to focus on her grades, she’d slipped away from a few relationships of hers, and lost her boyfriend of two months. The loss of friends didn’t seem to hit her hard; but it did. She’d spend hours on assignments just to finish them and sit home, volunteer, or read, or go to practice during the season. But now that summer was here, she was determined to make the bonds here even stronger to last over the years.

The creaking of the old chairs across from her pushed her back into reality, and she shrugged at Noah’s question. “There’s so much to do, I don’t know if I can choose. Truth or Dare was fun when we were younger, but I just want to have a tan before I head back to school. I’ve gotta have at least one boyfriend before I graduate.” She chuckled at her own joke, but she continued on. “Maybe another beach volleyball tournament— that would be awesome.”

She played idly with the strands of her hair that were tied behind her head, and she crossed her legs, leaning backwards. “What about you?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back