C.C. - Mission 2

613f2b447526af3f1bacd20ba4cc98ac.jpg

Grizzly showed Robert a hologram picture from his communicator. "We're bagging six of these." he said, nodding. "It's a large flobberworm, found in the snowy mountains, friend of mine said it tasted like chicken and ice cream at the same time."

He showed more pictures of the creatures they were going to hunt.

boar_concept_by_exomemory-d67ebbh.png

x6 Pricklehogs, Huge Creature, Tropical Forest

ddc7e3728287804e048c3acb06ebcba7.jpg

x6 Balooga Fish, Medium Creature, Ocean

2999779-0404714835-godzi.jpg

x1 Godzilla, Colossal Creature, Ancient Desert City Ruins

veli-nystrom-forest-alien-plant.jpg

Lots of fruits and vegetables from Poppy Forest

The next day, Grizzly sloth waited in Hangar 51 early in the morning with Pequod who was their transport pilot for the hunt, and who'll be helping with the cooking too.

Artemis was there, including Komodo Rhino, Hikaru, Sandai, and Assassin Marmot who was finally discharged from the Medical Platform.

The group was chatting lightly and eating sandwiches and drinking hot coffee for breakfast.

Hikaru, Komodo Rhino and Artemis were bringing their mechas to the mission, since one of the creatures, Godzilla, was a colossal creature and Grizzly Sloth wanted to make smoked bacon out of the great lizard.

@CkSmalling.

(OOC: Players do not need to join with the main group, but can go hunt for the creatures by themselves or another character. Except for Godzilla.)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Grizzly, i really love the way you are very enthusiastic when it comes to food but come on... Godzilla..???? God-freaking-Zilla???Are you out of your goddam mind mate???"Robert said as he placed his hands on his head. "But oh well. Lera go hunt some food..and the boar is mine..i have three recipies for that badboy."

Robert made his way into the hanger not before he went to his favorite restaurant for his breakfast buffet. He reached hanger and saw everyone having some sandwiches. He approached them and greeted all of them and he hugged Assassin.

"Nice to see you back on your feet Assassin. And why wasen't i informed of her release Artemis...???"

@Zer0

Artemis paused. "I forgot." she said, smiling apologetically.

"You guys ready?" Grizzly Sloth asked them all. He was wearing a hunting hat above his helmet.

Everyone gave an energetic affirmative.

"Let's go!"

Artemis, Hikaru, and Komodo Rhino mounted their mechas as Assassin Marmot and Sandai boarded Pequod's hovercraft.

Artemis' mecha was a huge solid-looking maroon beetle, while Hikaru's was a black wolf with a warpath recoiless rifle protruding from its back. Komodo Rhino's was a black humanoid mecha with a mounted barrage chain rifle and a tactical bulwark shield.

Pequod's hovercraft shot out of mother base while the three combat mechas followed behind. It was a clear sunny day, good for hunting and flying.

"First stop, the Mesonian Rainforest!" said Grizzly.

@CkSmalling

"Aaawww of course you forgot. How convenient" Robert cracked a sarcastic smile before turning to Assassin. "Sorry i was not there to pick you up from the hospital. Shall i make it up over dinner after this mission?"

Since Robert's mecha was still undergoing repairs, he climbed the hovercraft and sat next to Assassin, making some light conversations with her.

"Alright Grizzly!!! Lets go hunting!!!!"

@Zer0

pwyjBcW.jpg

The hovercraft flew past the Goliath forest and on to the base of a snow-capped mountain ridge. They flew down into a deep narrow misty ravine with jagged walls of rock on either side, and hanging trees draped with vines clinging to the walls.

The ravine opened up to a hidden valley, where a waterfalls rushed down the rocks beside a magnificent ancient giant statue of a Hindu god. It was cracked and moss-covered, but held a majestic beauty. Ordinary looking deer, different only from those in the earth books for their peculiar horns, grazed beside the cool pools created by the cascading waters. A flock of white birds flew by heading deeper into the Mesonian Rainforest that lay just beyond the clearing.

Pequod landed some ways from the giant Hindu statue. Artemis, Hikaru, and Komodo Rhino docked their mechas near the hovercraft.

"This is amazing. . . " said Hikaru stepping out of her mecha and doing a turn-around in wonder. The clearing and the entire valley was fenced inside the ravine, almost like a bowl.

"The pricklehogs live here." said Grizzly, who seemed to not care about the beauty and was looking at a hologram of a map of the place. He marked their minimaps with an orange dot. "A friend of mine last saw them here in some hills."

"Me and Pequod will set up camp." said Sandai. "Good hunting, guys-and, er, girls."

"Let's scout ahead." said Grizzly Sloth to Robert and Assassin Marmot. "You take point, Robert."

@CkSmalling

"It might be beautiful, but I don't trust it." Connor said as he scanned the treeline, gun at the ready and chainsword rumbling contently at his side. He'd been attacked far to many times by things that lived in beautiful scenery to trust it. The biggest reason he came along was he wanted an excuse to fire his gun and use his chainsword. He really didn't get as many as he would like of those. "Can I get a little something about what we're hunting? What should we be looking for and what should we worry about?"

Robert stepped out of the hovercraft and took a minute to absorb the serene environment around him. He looked at the Buddha Statue and it reminded him of a friend he had who was a monk. HE smiled as he remembered how he laughed. He looked at the antelopes grazing and he immediately took his sniper rifle and pressed on a button just next to the magazine release and it hummed and turned white. He looked at the antelope through his scope, took a knee and fired at the neck of the antelope. "Alright Grizzly, we have antelope for dinner tonight!!!" He stood up and rushed to the dead antelope. Come on Connor, help me with the antelope."

HE rushed to the head of the antelope and waited for Connor to arrive. When he did he stood near the feet of the beast. "So about your question. What we are looking for is a large boar...and i mean large..with a Mohawk on its head. One fact is do not try to engage it head on, you will be crushed. So stealth is our best friend."

"And also guys, please stick to neck shots and above.I don't want lead on any of the organs inside of the body. One does not simply eat lead for supper. Please, that is the only thing i am requesting." He announced over the comms ashe bent down to pick the beast. "Shall we?"

@Zer0 @Beowulf

The trees were too thick and close together for their mechas. Artemis and Hikaru left their mechas in the clearing with a sigh.

"It's alright, girl," said Hikaru who also gave her black wolf mecha a longing glance. "There's still Godzilla . . ."

"There's still Godzilla . . ." nodded Artemis in agreement.

And so the squad entered the Mesonian Rainforest without their machines and headed for the orange blip in their mini-map. Which, according to Grizzly Sloth, was a hilly terrain where his friend last saw the pricklehogs.

"Uh, I haven't really done a lot of research." Grizzly told Connor uncertainly, scratching his head. "All I know is that the pigs live here, but don't worry, we'll be fine!" he added cheerfully.

After an hour of hiking through the thick undergrowth, they came upon a wetland with hills covered in tall grass as high as their shoulders. Grizzly Sloth was slapping away mosquitos the size of fists again and complaining when Hikaru said, "Shhh!" and pointed to something that was moving in the grass.

It was a family of pricklehogs. They were as big as lions and were digging the ground using their sharp tusks looking for some tubers and mushrooms. There were six of them. The biggest was an alert swarthy female that kept looking up to watch their surroundings before snorting and returning back to foraging.

"Head and neck . . ." repeated Hikaru quietly, unsheathing her shotgun-katana. "Got it, Robert . . ." she slinked off to the west and disappeared into the tall grass.

Artemis climbed up a tree and watched the pricklehogs. They wouldn't be able to see the prickehogs coming since the pigs were shorter than the shoulder-high grass, so she took the role of coordinator.

@CkSmalling , @Beowulf

Robert and Connor carried the carcass to the camp and left it to be tended to. "Alright. We have dinner. Now we hunt. Gentlemen. Ladies. Lets move out." Robert reloaded his rifle and headed with the team.

Robert moved east with Assassin behind him, moving quietly in th grass so as not to attract any noise. "Oh yea and before i forget, Pricklehogs have an excellent sense of smell. I hope no one brought any perfume with them." He looked behind and saw Assassin giving him a strange look. "What? I read."

"Alright Assassin, my heat sensor is counting six hogs. Waiting on your command. I hope everyone remembers Head and neck and if thinks become too sticky, please fire away."

@Zer0

"Ready." whispered Hikaru. The Amber Fox soldier had smeared plants across herself to disguise her scent as she made her way stealthily across the tall grass until she was just at the edge of the patch of bare wetland the pricklehogs were foraging in.

She was crouched low, her gleaming katana ready in a graceful Japanese sword stance likened to the samurai warriors of old.

"After my go, engage at your own discretion." said Artemis. "Go!"

Grass blades danced in the wind of Hikaru's thrust. Two pricklehogs made two tottering steps in alarm before Hikaru cut through them and emerged on the opposite side of the patch. The two beasts toppled sideways to the ground, squealing, their necks gushing out blood.

@CkSmalling

"Got it Boss. Okay Assassin attack them at your own pleasure. I will climb that rock and shoot them from there." Robert told Assassin as he made his way to the rock. He stops at his tracks and kisses her softly. "Stay safe and there will be more." He winks and moves towards the rock.

He climbs on it and presses a button on a suit and it adapts to the rock's texture and color. 'Adaptive Camoflauge Activated. Ten Minutes Remaining' He smiles and lookew though the scope and sees two boars in the same location. "Wow that was easy." He calms down and takes the shot. The bullet rips through both of the necks of the boars and they fall down silent.

"Alright Assassin, time for you to shine"

@Zer0

Jace gets up and sees a notice about a squad to hunt for ingredients. He gets out his tablet and joins the mission

"I don't know if you've seen what I shoot," Connor said, "but Don't be surprised if I don't get every shot exactly in the head or neck." And to top it all off, to making his aim worse at that, he was outside his mech and facing things that could crush and gore him. If anything he was a bit twitchier and trigger happy. "Just pick out the rounds, they don't make them out of lead anymore. I don't think so anyways."

When they reached where the pricklehovs where, he used his suits HUD to make sure he wouldn't hit the melee combatants with his gunfire, and opens up into the grass where he thought a couple hogs were. "Tell me if I'm hitting anything." he says into the comms.

"Two injured, Connor!" said Artemis. "One is running away to the north, but the biggest one is charging your way! I'm tagging it!"

Artemis fired a tag round from one of her magnum karambits and a new red moving dot appeared on everyone's mini-maps.

Assassin Marmot didn't shoot. She couldn't see through the tall grass and was afraid to hit Connor.

A big squealing boar as big as a lion and the biggest of the pricklehogs erupted from the foliage, and collided with Connor, but the tusks didn't pierce the suit and the boar bounced off his strong solid frame. It shook its head and snorted, pawing the ground ready to charge again.

@Beowulf, @CkSmalling

Then Pequod's voice spoke through their comms. "Heads up, squad! New friendly dropping in." A new green arrow resembling an ally appeared on everyone's mini-maps.

Pequod had picked up Jace (@LocoBlock, the Mesonian Rainforest is too thick for mechas, but we can assume that your mecha is docked in the clearing at the edge of the forest where the group's camp is) and they were now in the sky above the hilly wetland where the squad was fighting the pricklehogs in the tall grass. Jace was to para-drop to the ground. The hovercraft doors opened, sending a cold billowing wind swirling inside the transport.

"Go, go, go!" said Pequod.

(OOC: @LocoBlock, this is how combat works. We have a cause and effect style, where the GM decides whether a shot hit or not. For the cause and effect, let's say I mention that there is an unstable bridge that can only hold two people, if three walk on it, it will collapse.

You are free to type up whatever cool moves you like as long as its in-character and the spot-light is shared for monsters that are fewer than the players, or if against a Boss. Against unlimited foes, like a swarm, feel free to kill as many as you like.)

Jace jumps out of the hovercraft but as the trees approached he got scared and didn't pull his parachute till he was about to hit the trees.

Connor took the hit like a champ. Even though he was practically blindsided by a large creature. He didn't fall over though, so that's a plus. He couldn't exactly use his LMG here, both firing and using as a club. The thing was to close, and the LMG wasn't meant to be used as a club. So, dropping the LMG to his side, he takes out his large military knife. This would do it. A good, well placed cut or jab would end it. But he couldn't take another charge like that, so he took the initiative and charged to boar in an attempt to wrestle it's head to the ground.

"Alright Connor. I have your back..and the bullets are made of lead btw. Just putting it out there." Robert stood up and the camoflauge disappeared and he rushed to the nearest tree 100 metres away. Hr climbed the tree, almost breaking his spine in the process and he got to a stable thick branch and made camp there. "Alright Connor try to make the hog stable as possible as i try to shoot at it's neck. Assassin try to intercept the injured hog. I am covering Connor here."

Assassin placed her hand on the receiver and nodder her head. "Alright afrer it. Be careful." She turned and rushed towards the injured hog. She rushed and saw that the hog had stopped for a drink at the waterhole. She laid low and moved at a steady pace towards the unconcerned hog. Sje took out her weapon and aimed at the base of the skull. She held her breath and fired 2 consecutive shots...

@Zer0 @Beowulf

The big pricklehog was pinned sideways under Connor, it bucked and wriggled, squealing like mad but couldn't escape.

BANG, BANG

The smaller injured pricklehog that had run away leaped into the water in alarm after Assassin Marmot's shots and floundered a bit in the waterhole before it finally collapsed, dead.

@CkSmalling, @Beowulf

"Isn't that my new enemy? . . ." said Grizzly Sloth who was carrying two dead pricklehogs over his shoulder and watching Jace parachute from the sky and about to crash into some trees.

"Your new enemy?" asked Hikaru curiously. She too was carrying the two dead hogs she had cut down. "How many enemies do you have?"

"I don't know, they just pop out nowhere." said Grizzly Sloth turning to walk back to camp and accidentally smearing Hikaru's helmet with something nasty from one hog's butt.

"Gee, I wonder why . . .' said Hikaru sarcastically, cleaning her helmet with water from a deep pool in the wetland.

"I'll go see if Jace is alright." said Artemis, climbing down the tree. "And, Grizzly, just . . . just don't comment about him. . ."

Artemis tread through the squealchy bog to where their new squadmate was.

"Jace, this is Master Sergeant Artemis, do you copy?"

A loud shot rang from the trees and she spotted Jace in a grove of trees, uninjured.

(OOC: @LocoBlock, about the big hog, I'll control it. For now it's still pinned under Connor, but with a cracked tusk)

"Take the damn shot!" Connor shouted as he gripped the boar by the tusks, still keeping it's head near if not right on the ground. He couldn't use his knife, it was taking his full concentration to not get gored. At this point he just hoped didn't hit anything important on him of it over penetrated and went through the boar. And that Robert's aim was half way decent, he was very close to the target area and would have felt like he had an apple on his head had he not had his hands full.

He gets up when he sees Artemis and goes over to her."I think I broke by gun with that shot." He held up his rifle and there was a giant hole in the side of the barrel. "So unless we have a forge to make a gun I guess we need to order another on."

"Oh, Connor can fix that for you." said Artemis simply.

She looked to where the big bearded man was wrestling the large squealing and flailing boar in the bog. "He'll be done soon, that man can lift more weights than most guys in the training room."

Artemis then added carefully. "Also, Grizzly Sloth is here- the big mouth you threw your knife at. Don't take him seriously, he's a bit tactless, but all around he's a nice guy."

@LocoBlock, @Beowulf

Assassin stoop up and smiled as sge went to see if she had messed up. "Ooh thank God. Neck shot as he requested."She let out a sigh of relief as she called it in. "I have the injured boar hear with me. The location should appear in your map. Requesting reinforments on my position." She sat down at a rock next to the river and relaxed there.

Robert looked through the scope and saw Connor struggling to keep the boar in place. "Okay okay i will take the shot. Jesus. Or maybe i can blabber on how the stars look at night." Robert stomach rumbled on. "You are lucky my stomach is in your favor." He looked again and saw potential areas where he could hit Connor. " Bad position." He climbed down the tree and climbed another a few metres away. He looked through the scope and smiled. " Hello stir fry liver" He took the shot.

@Zer0 @Beowulf

Jace gets to the camp and lays his gun on a stump. He grabs a piece of wood and draws his knife. He starts whitiling a carving out of it.

BANG

Connor's helmet was splattered with blood, and the struggling pricklehog finally went limp.

"Nice shot, Robert." said Artemis. She made her way over to the waterhole and helped Assassin Marmot haul her pig back to camp.

@Beowulf, upon close inspection, your character fortunately finds out that your suit's armor protected your gear and all the items in your MOLLE are in good order, but your character's suit now smells like pig.

@CkSmalling, @Beowulf (no extra weapons in the MOLLE)

Back in camp where the hovercraft and their mechas were docked by the gargantuan statue of the Hindu god, Sandai had hung the four pricklehogs Grizzly Sloth and Hikaru had brought on a tree and was draining the blood from their necks.

"We're going to boil some of this pig blood and eat it." Sandai told Jace, watching the deep dark blood pool into a small bucket.

Komodo Rhino was helping Grizzly Sloth cut the deer Robert had shot earlier into roasting pieces, while Grizzly Sloth was preparing the liver and heart, and was giving cooking instructions to Hikaru who was also chopping some herbs they found on the way back to camp.

(OOC: @CkSmalling, @LocoBlock @Beowulf, shall we time skip to evening after your next posts?)

"That's how we do it people!!!" He stood up and swung his rifle to his back. He made his way to Connor who was smelling of pig guts. "Hahaha best of luck cleaning that scent off you." He helped him to his feet. He inspected the shot and smiled to himself. "Nice clean shot. Just the way i love it. Okay then, let's haul back to camp. I. Am. Starving!!"

Upon reaching the camp, he saw everyone was busy doing something. He approached Grizzly ans high fived him. "Spare some liver for me. I have a recipie that will make your mouth drool." He went to Hikaru and took some small herbs, some thyme, ginger and other small herbs. He crushed them and threw them into a pan and added some of the pieces of the liver and stir fried them. He then added a small portion of butter and covered it to let it simmer for a bit. " Okay my liver is almost done. Need any help Grizzly my dear old friend?"

@Zero

Users who are viewing this thread

Back