• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

By the Kings Order

Duncan could only laugh when Angus told him how he felt. He had gone through the same thing but by the time the ceremony was over, all that was gone and he felt like a new man. When Commor came in and said he was giving Claire away, Duncan didn't know what to say. The man was not the same man he had known a few weeks ago. They would have crossed swords and had at each other. But here he was giving away Alexandria and now Claire and being joval. Maybe it was the festivities, and the marriages, he didn't know. But it was good to see him in such a good mood.

The morning passed quickly and Duncan took Angus to the main room where the others were beginning to arrive. The Priest was there and placed each of the grooms. The brides with their fathers or in Claire's case Connor, would lead them up to the grooms one by one. Connor had the double honor of walking Claire down the Isle and also having his son being married. People filled the Great Hall and all turned to face the entrance where the brides would be comeing through. Duncan saw Alexandria and moved to her and took her to their position among the others. "Is she as nervous as Angus?" He asked her.

Alexandria had spent the morning speaking with some Locals. She laughed and nods. They wait for everyone to come down. She held Dustin in her arms. He and her had been talking. He was a very sweet boy. Today was going to be interesting in her opinion. She jumped almost out of her skin when Duncan grabbed her."lord almighty. Do you have to make me jump out of skin."she asked and sighed. She went to where they were supposed to be."she is nervous,but not as nervous as Angus I am sure."Alexandria said

Alexandria sat back and sighed. Her hair had fallen her face. She frowned and moved it back."so Angus is nervous. Awww poor guy." She laughed. Alexandria sighed and kissed his cheek."so today should be interesting. " Alexandria said. She sighed her mind wandered, she placed a hand on her stomach. She wondered if last night had they conceived. She shook it off and sighed looking at her husband her mind had to be here and now.

Death to all Betrayers

Duncan laughed when she made her comments about Angus. "The big, strong, ox of a man that could tear a mans head off and is fierce as can be in battle, all nervous and has his innards all tied up because he is getting married." It just went to show that the big ox was more then a brute that he looked. It just took the right woman to bring it all out. And Clarie, she was changing as well. She was no longer the shy little girl they first encountered. She was more sure of herself now and becoming outspoken as well. The two were good for each other. The pipers began their song and the brides began their procession down the Isle. One by one they were taken to their husbands to be and when all twenty of them were ready the Priest began. Like theirs, first came the mass and then the ceremony. Again it was one by one the Priest went to and they said the vows and when all were done he blessed them all and pronounced them husbands and wives. The entire assemblage again applauded and cheered and the feasting began once more.

Connor hugged his boy and his new wife. He looked pleased and happy as did his wife. One could see that he did not get away with some things one might think. It looked as if she would give him a piece of her mind if she needed to and it seemed she did. For she was wagging a finger in front of his face and talking sternly to him about something. Then she gave him a push towards Duncan. Connor sighed and came walking over to Alexandria and Connor. He looked like he was trying to find the right words but finally said, "About that land dispute." he looked back at his wife who was standing there her hands on her hips. "I pull my claim for the land." he sighed.

Duncan raised a brow and sighed as well, then chuckled. "I tell you what Connor. Let us both share the land. We will have people from both clans settle it, farm it, and share the work and the profit. We both will win in the long run and I think form a greater bond."

Connor looked up at Duncan and smiled and then laughed. "You never cease to amaze me Duncan McCloud. Again you have come up with a solution that all can live with." He clasped Duncan's arm at the elbow and Duncan his. The deal was done and it ended the tension between the two clans. Now they could enjoy the party and Duncan felt good. Again like the night before, but this time not as the weeding couple, he danced with Alexandria and made merry.

In the morning the messenger from the King arrived.

Alexandria watched her sister get married. She breathed in and smiled. She watched the marriage's with interest. She smiled and shook her head as Angus made a joke, she rubbed her head. Alexandria sighed her brother in law was crazy and funny.

She sat and watched all 20 wedding's. Alexandria let Duncan talk to Connor when he walks up. She went to talk to her sister and Angus. She congratulated them. Claire clung to his side, she smiled as her,her sister, and husband. They were talking and laughing. Alexandria was having a good time, she turned when Duncan asked her to dance. She smiled and winks at him,"well hello honey." She said. She danced with him and spent the night with her husband again. Alexandria had gone to there chamber's before the others. She was feeling a bit tired. She was just dressing into her night gown. She heard Duncan walk in and looked over. She smiled and kissed him, she had pulled him into her and took his shirt off. Alexandria made love to him, he had fallen asleep afterwards and Alexandria layed in his arms.

In the morning Alexandria woke before her husband and went to get dressed. A maid knocked and she answered the door."Thank you." She said quietly. She took the note that said the messenger from the king had come. Alexandria sunk slowly to the floor, she knew this day was coming she didn't think it be this soon. Alexandria put her hand to her mouth. She wanted to get up and tell Duncan,but her legs wouldn't let her. Alexandria held onto the note she shook and took in a few deep breaths.

Death to all Betrayers

Her absence from the bed woke him. He turned over and saw her sitting on the floor holding something in her hands. Rising from the bed he walked over and knelt beside her. Taking the message he read it and sighed. It had come. As he had expected, the King was marching his troops to battle and was asking for the help of the highlanders. He rose to his feet and put on his kilt and opened the door. Catching one of the servants, "Go to each of the Lairds rooms, inform them to meet me in the Great Hall, tell them it is urgent they do so. Now go." The servant ran off to do his biddding. He then returned to Alexandria and helped her to his feet and held her in his arms. "We must dress and get ready to address the other Lairds." He didn't want to let her go. But the matter could not wait. He kissed her deeply and then got dressed and headed down. "Join me in the Great Hall." he told her before he left.

The lairds came down, some rubbing the sleep from their eyes others stumbled in, from parting to much and all were groumbling about being woke up so early. Connor was the first to speak to Duncan. "What is this urgent business?"

Duncan handed him the message from the King. Connor read it and then looked at Duncan. "Pleas everyone take a seat, we have much to discuss." He took his place at the head table as Connor handed the message to the next Laird and then it was passed around to them all. "The English is sending an army north to attack Scotland. Our Scotland. Robert the Bruce saw this comming and that is why he made his decree, hoping that unifying the lowlands with the Highlands we would come when he called. I know what many of you here think. Why should we care what happens to the Lowlands. That it is not our fight. That the English could never conqure the highlands. " there were murmers of agreement from what he had said.

"Well you would be wrong! The Clans of the Highlands would never unite if they English came here. They would pick us off one by one and take our lands. We may be Highlanders, but above all we are Scots. Our country is about to be attacked and I for one will take my men down and fight. I told my wife when I fetched her that I would defend her clan. I gave my word and oath to do so. The English have sent raiding parties into Scotland attacking and killing people. My wife's parents were killed by them. " he looked about the room. He saw some thinking on his words.

"The King, Our King, has called out for help. We obeyed him with the decree to marry, will you not obey him now when he needs us the most. Who will go?" he could only hope that they would.

Connor stood up and looked and looked about the room. "The Mac Amally Clan will.....go." he slammed his fist on the table. Then one by one the others stood and committed themselves to go to war.

Then one asked, "Now who will lead this army of Highlanders. It has never been done before. There need to be one that will take command of all our clans men."

Duncan turned to Connor. I can only see one man that could do such a thing. He has the expeience and should be the one to lead us."

Connor raised a brow and then shook his head. "Aye I have the experience, but it is not I that needs to lead. It is you Duncan McCloud. Look about you. You have brought twenty of the clans of the highlands together in one place. Invited them all in under your roof and they have come. Now you have called us to a meeting to discuss going to war. This again has not been done in the memory of any of the clans. No Duncan McCloud, it is you that will lead us into battle." he grabbed Duncan's arm and raised it high. "Duncan McCloud, Laird of Lairds!" he shouted. The others raised their right arms high and yelled, "Duncan Mccloud, Laird of Lairds."

Alexandria wasn't even paying attention, to when he took the note. She couldn't breathe. Her happiness had lasted for two days and then reality set in. When he wrapped around her she shook her head and stepped back. Alexandria breathed in as she watched her husband go. She had the maids dress her. She felt as if she could not breathe. She breathed in and waved the maids off. She tied her hair in a braid that went down her right side.

Alexandria finally made her way down to the grand hall. She listened from the back. She did not make her way to Duncan's side. She watched the Lairds talk, and listened to Duncan's speech. Connor had been the first to speak. She listened, she knew it was not her place to speak.

Alexandria watched them all sit and stayed standing in the back of the room. When Duncan mentioned her parents she lifted her head. She was really pissed off she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

As the clans said they go. Alexandria gave hope Duncan wouldn't go. Her hope fell as they called her husbands name. She looked away and sighed. She breathed in and walked between the men. They quieted down as she walked between them. She looked at Connor with pursed lips then Duncan."Your not going with out me and I will not just sit on the sidelines back at camp. If my Husband is leading you then I will be at his side all the way through. None of you will stop me."she said.

Death to all Betrayers

You could have heard a pin drop as Alexandria walked between the Lairds. Then she stated she would be going with Duncan and no one was going to stop her, and that she would fight at his side. Duncan put an arm about her waist and said, "As I told you before, you will be going with me." An idea was forming in his head and his wife would play an important part in it. He again looked at all the lairds in the room. "You must make haste and return to your clans. Gather up your men, supplies and equipment. In Three days time I will meet you where we met a couple of weeks ago. We will march to the place the King has indicated and join him."

Connor placed a hand on Duncan's and Alexandira's shoulders. He grinned and said. "Aye a fine wife ye have here my boy. A fighter like those of old." He looked at Alexandria. "Watch his back, he be one that has a destiny to fulfil." He then gave a slight bow to her and then to Duncan as he and the others left to gather their kin and leave to their own clans. Duncan ordered riders to ride throughout the Clans lands to gather the fighing men of the McClouds. "Time to fit you with some proper armor and weapons." he drew her to him once again and kissed her.

Heather had heard of what had happened and she approached the two of them a worried look upon her face. She had that look every time his father had gone of to fight another clan. She was worried, but yet proud. She hugged them both and kissed them on the cheeks. "You go and do what you need to do, but you come home, you hear?" she said in a stern voice. Duncan nodded and then leading Alexandria out of the Great Hall he took her to the Armorer and brought out leather armor that was studded with small metal plates. It covered her chest and stomach and it had leather straps that hung from it to protect her upper legs. For her small stature he produced a short sword and a dagger. Duncan then selected a long bow for her and a quiver of black fleched arrows.

The next two days was spent gathering supplies in waggons and equipment that would be needed as the warriors of the clan began to assemble. Two thousand strong was his clan's fighting force. If the others could muster up as many that would be twenty thousand men. In that time he explained what he wanted Alexandria to do. "You are best with a bow and my bowmen are excellent marksmen, as are those of the other clans. I want you to take charge of them." He expalined what he was going to have her do with the bowmen. He would explain it to the other Lairds as well. It would be something that the English would not see comming.

Once all was gathered, with Alexandria at his side, they rode in front of the two thousand men, and those that would be following in the wagons. The Priest and the women Alexandria had trained were also going. They were in a wagon at the rear of the column.

Alexandria nods to her husband and wrapped around him. She looked at him and nods. She watched the Lairds and they looked surprised at her. They nodded,she was a strong woman. She listened to her husband say 3 days time. She nodded 3 days time would be enough. She sighed, she wasn't use to not wearing dresses, but out there she need all the movement she could get.

When Connor placed a hand on her shoulder she sighed and looked at him." I trust all of you to have my back as I have yours. I rather die for him and have him fill his destiny then live a day with out him."she said to reassure Connor. She turned to her husband, then suit me up my Laird."she kissed him back and sighed.

Heather had came in and hugged her. She knew she was freaking out. Alexandria hugged her."take care of my sister she won't understand and I am not letting her go."Alexandria said and was lead out of the hall. She got fitted in armor. It was light and she took the sword and dagger. She put the bow around her shoulders and looked at her husband. She nods to him,gently.

Alexandria worked over the past two days and learned to use the sword and dagger. The clans man taught her. She had dressed in black pants and corset top over her shirt. She knew it was pirate wear, but she needed to learn and move with out a dress. She was practicing when Duncan came to tell her the plan. She clashed her sword against a clans man and kicked him away as she turned on the others. She had progressed well over the past two days, she wasn't as good as the men yet. She was better with a bow and arrow. They stopped as Duncan walked over. Alexandria breathed and walked over to him. He explained, that he wanted her to be in charge of the Archer's. She nods."I can do that my love." She sighed and closed her eyes. The men patted her shoulder."fighter you are Lady Alexandria, your wife is definitely a tough woman."they said. Alexandria smirked and looked at them.

When they were all gathered on the third day she took her place at the front with Duncan. She was not in a dress as she usually was, she wore her pants and boots. Her corset and shirt, they were under her leather armor. She looked at him and nods. Her cloak around her shoulders. Before they left, her sister ran up to the horses. "No you can't leave me here, Alexandria you promised." Alexandria looked at her sister. " I promised I would always protect you and I am. I am keeping that promise."Alexandria said. She nods to guards to grab her sister. They do,she screamed and cryed."No Alexandria no you can't do this."she said. Alexandria breathed in and kicked her horse to move forward. She put her hood up and held her head high.

Death to all Betrayers

The Clan moved out and down the road from Castle McCloud. The women and children of the town and surrounding lands knew that there was nothing to do but support their men and their Laird. It was always hard to lead men into battle. One could not promise to bring them all back alive. There would be many families that would not have a father or a son that would be coming home. Angus rode up with Duncan and Alexandria. His father rode with those on horse on the flanks of those marching. He had two hundred horsemen and he expected the other clans to have more. They would be his calvarly. They rode down and out of the highlands. Here Duncan had the pipers strike up music (Scotland the brave) it was a lively tune with the pipes and then when the drums came into play the other clans began joining them. The came from the right and the left falling in behind the McClouds. Their horsemen joined his on the flanks and the wagons joined the rear of the column as the Lairds joined him and Alexandria at the front. The column of fighting men streached back what seemed to be miles when they hit the Lowands and began marching towards the old Roman Road to the South.

It was a grand sight to see. Twenty thousand men with hundreds of others that would support them in the days ahead. It was slow going and took them another two days. But they were approaching the encampment of the King of Scotland and his army. One of Duncan's scouts came back and reported. "The Kings Army is outnumbered three to one. The English has a core of harden soldiers but most look to be conscripts. Still it is a force to be recon with."

The King and his army stood facing across a large field the English army. "They will not come." the general told the King. "We are sorely out numbered and we must broker a deal. There is no way we can win." The King looked worried but he stood his ground. Win or Lose he had to try. All his people were counting on him to keep them from coming under the rule of the English King.

Duncan moved his army of Clansmen to parrallel the Kings army. Then he moved to the middle of the twenty clans and had them turn towards where the Kings army was. "Ten clans to the right flank and ten clans to the left flank." he told the assemblage of lairds. he then turned to Alexandria. You will split the archers and send half around to the left and the other half to the right with calvary to take them and defend them. At my signal you will fire upon the ranks of the English and take out as many as you can. Make sure you stay out of sight of the English until the signal is given." he told her it would be his standard raised high in the air. He leaned over and kissed her. "Keep safe my love."

He then placed a piper in front of each of the clans and began moving them forward. When they were in sight of the Kings Army he had them stop and then sent a lone piper ahead to the rear of the ranks of the Kings Army. Once there the piper began to play (Amazing Grace) and moved forward through the ranks of fighting men. They all looked at him strangely and wondered what a lone piper was doing there playing. The sound and the confusion, let Duncan move his army forward to the left and the right. When they reached the rear of the army the other pipers chimed in on the one pipers music. It was a beautiful sound and inspiring as highland clans moved forward and formed up on the right and left flank of the Kings Army. Duncan and the lairds rode forward through the ranks of the Kings Army to where the King and his general sat on their horses.

Across the field the English General heard the music and looked to see the piper come to the front of the army. Then there were more pipes being played and suddenly on both flanks of the Scottish army more men appeared marching into place. The Scottish army had swelled to twice its number. One could see he did not like it at all. He had thought he had an easy victory over the Scottish Army and its King. But now things had changed and he had an ill feeling about it. Not only the arrival of the new force but the music. It seemed to inspire the Scots and had the reverse effect on his men.

As the music continued. Duncan rode up to the King. "I am Duncan McCloud of the clan McCloud. I bring you twenty thousand men ready to fight with you against the English. These here be their Lairds." The kings eyes went wide as he looked at the highlanders forming up and then looked at his General with a smug look. "I ask your magisty a favor. I wish to address this army before we go into battle."

It was a strange request, but for one that had brought twenty thousand men he was not about to say no. As those with the clans stopped playing and went to the rear of the clans, the lone piper, turned and slowly walked back still playing, his music getting softer and softer. When the music stopped Duncan rode out infront of the army of Lowanders and Highlanders. "I am Duncan McCloud of the Clan McCloud. I look here to day upon an army. An army not made up of individual clans, but one of free Scotsmen of Scotland. Today there be no differnce of being a Lowlander or a Highlander, one clan or another. Today we fight as one. One country. Against a country that seeks to take our lands and our people and subjagate them. So remember to day. For this is the day we are united as one!"

He then rode back to the King and smiled. "Now lets go kill some English. I also have another surprise for you. Wait and see. I await your command." The king gave the command to move forward As he did the English signaled for their archers to move forward. Duncan smiled and had his standard raised. They would see how the English liked a rain of arrows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandria had ridden two days with Duncan her hood up. She saw her breath in the air. She kept her head high and pulled in a deep breath at the sound of marching men.

Alexandria was a smart woman. She knew she have tob part from Duncan at some point.She kept her horse next to his. The rode was a silent one. Alexandria held her tounge she breathed in and finally exhaled. She felt bad for how she treated her sister. Alexandria turned her head when Duncan told her she had to go she nods to him.She kissed him and hugged him tightly. Alexandria sighed"you keep safe my Love. I love you, try not to do anything stupid. "She said against his lips her arms left his warm embrace.Alexandria called the archers to follow her. She grabbed her bow and bit her lip. She split them up with Calvary to defend each of them. Alexandria went with the right Flank. She gave orders to stay hidden till Duncan gave the signal.Alexandria sat in wait she watched for Duncans signal she saw the men and spotted Duncan. She notched her arrow and nods to the men when she saw his signal. "Now." She said and the volley of arrows rained down on the English. She told the archers to keep it up she saw the English fall below. She kept them coming till the Scots got involved. "Dont take a shot I dont want you to hit our men. I only need about 20 of you the rest are free to go join in."Alexandria said. Alexandria told a man to take her place. She moved quickly away from the above the fighting to go down near it. Alexandria stopped and hid behind a rock.

Alexandria, watched her eye's were tight as she watched the fight. Alexandria went to help when a hand grabbed her boot from behind. She turned pulling her sword she saw a British soldier pointing a sword at her."Up now drop the sword and bow and tell me who you belong to."He said.Alexandria dropped both and glared at him. she spit at him. "no one I am Lady McNally. My husband isn't here you and your men killed him."Alexandria said lying. "Come miss McNally why would these men let you fight with them your a woman. Hmm you must kniw someone high up maybe a sister of some one."Alexandria held her head high. She glared at him."alright come with me then I am sure one of these men here save there life for you and I want to know the right one.He pointed his sword at Alexandria and had her start walking. Alexandria started walking she pulled her dagger and stopped walking she fell."ow hold on I hurt myself. "She said. He groaned. "This is why woman shouldn't be in war. To fragile." He said and bent to helo her up. He grabbed her by the hair and pulled her face to his"relax we won't kill you if you give yourself to us." He yanked on her hair and pulled her up. He grabbed her cheeks and slapped her. "Your just a Scottish whore." He says. She plunged the dagger into his chest and pushed him away from her."not much a whore as I am a warrior."She snapped. She spit at him and made a run for it. She grabbed her bow along the way. Alexandria kept running and ran for the kings camp. His men caught her. They tied her wrists behind her back."who are you and why are you here? A spy for the English?" They asked.Alexandria rolled her eye's "no, I am the wife of Duncan McCloud ask any one I married him two days ago."She said. "Likely story miss, take ger and tie her up. will see what the McCloud Lairds have to say when they get back. If they do other wise we hang you."He said and went to tie her hands to a post. Alexandria shook at the ropes. She let out a scream and sighed closing her eye's. She leaned her head back and closed her eye's. She would wait, and wait she did.

Duncan rode down with the army as it advanced. The arrows rained down on the English, killing archers and infantry. They had seen no archers among the Scottish army and were taken by surprise. The calvary charged in as the two armies met, closing on both flanks. Again this surprised the commander of the English army. The Scots fought with a ferociousness that made some of the English turn and try to flee. But they did not get far and were cut down. The English General with his command group and some soldiers stayed high above the battle. They would not soil their hands in the blood of battle. They thought themselves to good.

Duncan saw him and spurred his horse towards the General. The soldiers tried to stop him but he cut his way through them. But he did not reach the English General. Something hard hit him in the back of the head and all went black. He did not learn till later that a soldier had mannaged to strike him with the side of his pike, knocking him from his horse. The English General immediately ordered him bound and placed up on his horse as he saw the battle below going against his forces. He had recgonized Duncan from when he had rode out to talk to the Scottish Army. He knew he was an important person and would take him back to the King for torture and execution. The General gave his command staff the order to retreat and they did, riding as hard as they could.

When the battle was over, the English army was all dead. Bodies layed strewen all over the battle field, English and Scots alike. The Scotts alive began looking for wounded and dragging them off the field. Thirty thousand dead Englishmen lay there. They were stripped of armor and weapons and left to rot on the field of battle. The Scottish army only lost a couple thousand men with another thousand wounded. The Highlanders presence had turned the tide of battle for the King of Scotland. Angus looked around for Duncan but could not find him. He had not seen him fall in battle but he had lost sight of him during the battle. He went to Connor and with him they went to see if he was with the King who had went to his tent over the hill.

"Who is this, the King asked as he entered his tent. "

"We do not know your magisty. We found her trying to enter the camp from the field of battle. She claims to be the wife of a Duncan McCloud." That is when Angus and Connor entered the tent.

"That be right you fools." Angus back handed one of the soldiers across the mouth with one of his huge hands and Connor did the same to the other as they both cut her down. As the soldiers tried to get up off the ground Angus had his battle ax at one's throat and Connor his sword at the other.

The king seeing two of Duncan's men confirming Alexandria's identity, told the soldiers to get out and turned to Alexandria. "My appologies Lady McCloud. "

Again the tent flap opened and a man entered. "Your magisty." the man went to one knee, "The Highlander leader has been captured by the retreating English General. They were seen riding hard south towards York."

Alexandria was cut down she saw Angus and Connor. She thanked them. She went to there side and glared at the king.She rubbed her wrists and leaned back.

Alexandria heard this and let out a soft."no" she went to strangle the messenger."Tell me your lying. "She yelled. She felt someone catch her."No let go, let go of me."She says and crys out.Alexandria couldn't believe it. She was turned in the grip, she saw connor and shook her head."Let me go, let me go."She cryed and hit her fists against his chest. She knew it did no good.She sobbed into his chest.Alexandria didn't want it to be true. She knew what this meant.Alexandria shook her head, she normally was stronger then this, but this was her husband. She clung to Connor and held on, her head burried in his chest.

Alexandria mind raced, would they go after him if she asked. Or would they say no.If they said no, she would do it herself. She was not going to let her husband die, or atleast not with out her at his side.She knew the English would execute him.

Angus was the first to speak. "Lady McCloud, Your orders?" was all he said. Connor smiled and chuckled. "Aye my lady. What be your orders." he asked. Robert the Bruce looked at Angus and then at Connor. "What are you saying? She is....." he began and Angus cut him off. "She is the wife of my Laird, the clan McCloud Laird. We are not like you down here, when the men fall the women take up the cause." He looked to Alexandria. She took command when Duncan had been wounded. Would she take command again? Was she up to this type of task?"

The General knew he had someone of importance and it would be the only thing that would save his miserable life when the King found out that he had failed and his entire northern army had been destroyed. Him and his guard and staff rode hard towards York. Once there they would be safe from any that would dare to follow. He didn't think they would. They would be to busy celebrating their victory. To the General the Scots were nothing but barbarians. Savages that tried to emulate a civilized world. It would take them time to reach York. Several days, perhaps, and in that time he would find out everything he could from the barbarian he had captured.

Alexandria breathed and sighed. She closed her eyes,they were all looking to her. She couldn't breathe, she kept her face hidden a minute longer. She wiped her eyes and shook her head. She looked at them."were going to get husband back. Just the 3 of us. I will not let him die. The rest can stay here and the king can have them, but I need a few things. Grab me a 3 daggers and some more arrows also need flint rock and cloth as well as flammable fluid to soak it in."she said. She grabbed a string and put her hair up. She didn't care If the king said no,this was her husband. She got to work quickly. She took her leather armor off and went to work. She finished and had fixed her armor. "There don't ask, but I need a cloak and three fresh horses. When she got them she got on one and grabbed her bags. She put her hood up and looked at Duncan and Connor. She made sure they got up.

Alexandria kicked the horse she was on, and it galloped off in the direction of the English. She was more pissed now, she rode towards the south she knew Angus and Connor were following, they reached York just after night fall. She stopped outside and slipped off her horse. She sighed and grabbed her canvas bag. She looked at them, " off the horses now, send them home." She said. She got rope from the bag and tied there hands."just follow my lead. Do not get us caught or were all will be executed."she said. She put the cloak on and put the hood up. She grabbed the daggers. She his one in each mans belt. She knelt in front of them."not a laughing matter. "She said. She his her dagger in her boot and hid a vile in her corset. She went and tossed the bag behind a rock and his it. She snapped the arrows in half and hid them in her other boot. She walked back and got on her horse." She pulled the rope. "Head down like you were defeated. Eh no questions. " she said. She started her horse to walk to the gate."stop,what is your business in York?" A man asked her. She had heard enough English men to change her accent slightly. "Traitors to the royal crown I heard there was a reward for all Scott's." She said. They nod "who are you?" They ask."a spy for the British now let me pass. Or I will have your job." She said. They opened the gates and let her in. She rode to where she had been directed."okay we don't have much time before they figure out something is off."she said and untied Connor and Angus. "Go now I got the distraction part under control. Angus Connor you save him and get him out of here I will meet you by the tree line at sunrise if I don't keep going. Do you understand me keep going. These are my orders don't listen to Duncan." She said and looked at the two of them. "To get to the dungeons go through the back, no guards by the kitchen." She said."remember get him out and keep going. " she turned for the front door and breathed in.

Death to all Betrayers

Angus looked at Connor and both knew that they were not leaving with out her and Duncan. But before she could leave a couple guards walked by talking. "This not be good. Messenger came riding in hard earlier. Says the whole damn northern army was wiped out. The King is going to have a fit when he hears of it. The general that lead the army is heading here the messenger said." the two stopped and talked some more. "Said the General is questioning a high ranking prisoner and is taking their time to get the information they want. I think the General knows his ass is in the wind now, losing so many man to those barbarians."

A day away, the General again questioned Duncan who steadfast refused to answer any questions. He would not even give the man his name or station. The general had Duncan beat but still he would not talk. Duncan could see that the general was quite worried about returning to any place that had English troops and especially York where the Kings own nephew governed. His knew he would be inprisonned, tortured and executed if he did not come back with something useful.

Alexandria listened and stopped the two."we by passed them on the back roads. New plan ambush them before they get here. We have to make a trek back a bit, but I have an Idea. Take the back way out of here I will meet you outside the gate if not. Grab the bag and set up hunter traps with pointed spikes on the end. Hide the wire. It is a trip wire remember where you place them. Then go. Get him also use the arrows soaked in fluid light them they will help you. Angus if I don't make it tell Duncan I love him. Now go." She sighed and looked around. Alexandria was looking for something. She spotted what she wanted, how to get it was her problem. She went to a barrel and had pulled herself onto a rooftop. She snuck along the roof and looked down at the English soldiers. She jumped to the next roof. She almost lost her footing. She breathed in and kept going. She made it to the next roof and slipped to the the ground as she went to grab what she needed. She finally got it and made her way back to the horse. She heard shouts and breathed in. She knew she may not make it out. She galloped for the gate and barely made it through as it closed. she was pissed at her self for missing anything. She met up with Angus and Connor. "Move we have to go." She said. She wanted Hug them, but she didn't have time." Which of you two is better at tiring and who is better at stealth?" She asked

Death to all Betrayers

They had not gone far when at lest a hundred horsemen fell in behind them and rode hard to catch up to them. Angus heard the horses and looked back and laughed. "I am not sure if stealth is going to matter. I was wondering when they would show up. You are the Lady McCloud, did you think your clan is going to let you ride about unprotected, and not be there when you need them." Connor looked behind and laughed to. Each and everyone of them wore the McCloud colors.

One rode up to the three of them. "My Lady." he addressed Alexandria. "We have sworn to protect our Laird and his wife with our lives if necessary. Allow us the honor of accomaining you to rescue Duncan."

Angus grinned ear to ear. "They will follow you to the gates of hell if need be." he said. "We now have the numbers to make an attack from all sides like we did when we rescued Claire."

(Sorry it is short. can't think of anything to go with it.)

(No worries doll)

Alexandria heard the hoof beats and shook her head."great just what I ordered a hundred men to disobey my request. "Alexandria sighed and rolled her eyes. Fine I could use them any way,but I am not pleased." She said.

She watched one ride up to the 3 of them."I asked you to stay behind, but it looks like I am not shaking you any of you. So yes I guess I will have you. We need to stop them and we need to do it with the force we have. A distraction to bring them out. Connor, wipe that smirk off your face. Cause your the distraction I need. And as Angus said we will attack from all sides."she said.

She rolled her eyes couldn't believe them,but she had to deal with what she had. Alexandria wanted her husband back, she kill the English men who took her husband. She was not one to play light with a life and neither were the English."let's go before I bring back a corpse of husband. She said."she held out her hand to Angus."joining me?"she asked

Death to all Betrayers

The one that had spoken to Alexandria nodded and returned to the others. He was grinning. She had asked them to stay back at the encampment, but had not ordered them to. It had not been an order so they figured that she left it up to them. Those afoot would not have been able to give chase and the other hundred that had come with horses had wanted to come but, some one had to help with the patrols to make sure that indeed the English army had been completely destroyed. The whole clan had wanted to go but could not. They rode behind their Lady and were ready to kill the English as soon as they could. When she held out her hand to Anugus he took it. "Aye My Lady." he said.

It was well after dark when the glow of the camp fire could be seen. Sentries had been posted and the rest lay on the hard ground with just their bedrolls for warmth, beside the fire. They had left everything at their encampment even food. They hunted and had gotten some game, but most were grumbling because of the lack of food. Duncan was tied to a large tree trunk that had fallen in a strong wind. The General paced back and forth. He had gotten nothing from the Scot and knew he needed something. Though he did not get anything from Duncan, the fool had given Duncan much information. He knew that York had been basicly stripped of men that had gone to the northern army that they had destroyed. He knew what he was going to do when he got free. He knew his clan, he knew his men, he knew that they would be following and would come.

"What is your plan Lady McCloud." Connor asked Alexandria. This was her rescue mission, not his. It was her men, not his. So it was up to her to give the commands, since she was Duncan's wife. The same would be if it was him that had been captured and his wife was there, which she was, back at the encampment, and he had no son of age to take command. She had done well so far and liked what he saw.

Alexandria sighed. "They will be expecting us. We have to get the best angle and smoke them out. I do mean literally smoke them out and having our Drunk Scot to distract will do wonders aka Connor. "She said as they rode. The men will surround the English. You and Connor get Duncan out. I can't carry my husband."She said as she rode.

Alexandria worried her face was in a frown. As she rode. She leaned back into Angus. He was definitely nice to have him behind her. It was more for comfort then cold. She sighed, "Angus, do you think he will be okay?"She asked finally what was on her mind .Alexandria bit her lip as she rode. She figured Angus would reassure her in some way. That's all she really wanted. Alexandria huffed as she saw the fire light. She stopped the men with her hand and made a motion. Which they knew as to circle around the English. She looked at Connor. "Your up"she said with a smile and wink. She got the arrow and notched it. She needed to get a good shot. She had one of the men light it and wait on Connor. And Angus to get in position. She knew her mark and would hit it perfectly. She had told a few men to get ready to take the entries out.

Death to all betrayers

Connor raised a brow at hit part in the plan, but he would do it. He rode forward and around the camp to come in from the north. The direction any good Scotsman would be coming from. The other clansmen moved out riding to a distance from the camp where their horses would not be heard, then dismounted and hobbled them so they would not wander away and moved in on foot. When they were gone Angus told Alexandria. "Have no fear he will be alright, If he has been harmed, I want this bastard of a General. He will pay for any harm done to Duncan, I promise you."

When in position, Connor took out a wine skin and drank deeply from it. If he had to play the part he might as well make it real convincing. The smell of wine on his breath and clothing would be more convincing. Putting the wine skin away, he put his heels to his horse and made for the English camp singing a Scottish tune at the top of his lungs. If that didn't get their attention he didn't know what would. As he sang he sang as if he was drunk and talking to some one as he sang. As he got closer, he began to sway in the saddle, as if he was unsteady.

The sentries on that side of the camp came together, four of them to meet Connor as he approached. The entire camp heard Connor singing and was on their feet and looking in his direction. Even the General was looking at him. The sentries on the other points were quickly taken out and the clansmen squatted down to await the signal to attack, and for what ever their Mistress was going to do.

(Going out to chill tonight will have a reply for you when you wake.)

Death to all betrayers

I know I said I have it up, but I am still working on it. It is way to short to post at the moment

Death to all betrayers

Alexandria smiles at Connor. He made her laugh. She shook her head and told Angus to be ready with Connor to grab Duncan. Alexandria nods to Angus' s words."do not kill tell general I will make it my place if he has hurt Duncan. "She said. Alexandria lets him get off the horse and takes aim.

Alexandria released the arrow and lit up the bed rolls knowing the fire would spread."Now." she said and had the men charge the camp. Angus and Connor would slip in the back and grab Duncan. Alexandria slipped off her horse and grabbed her sword she would kill any English man Who stood in her way.Alexandria turned just as one came at her. She attacked him back and tryed to remember what the men taught her. She was on the loosing end if this battle. The solider pushed her backwards. Not seeing a rock she fell backwards and put her hands up as he put the sword to her neck."who thought they let a female fight. Let's go up now."he says. Alexandria frowned and slowly got up. She let him tie her hands with rope. She was almost pissed off at this He told her to start walking to where the General and Duncan were.

Death to all betrayers

Connor at the signal was off his horse sword in hand taking on the four Sentries. Angus had charged in with the others and all hell broke lose. With battle cries the clansmen hit the unsuspecting English with such feroicity that they backed up, stumbled, fell, and found themselves surrounded, by screaming Highlanders that showed no mercy. Connor cut through the four surprised sentries that didn't even have their swords drawn. They did not stand a chance against the bear of a man nor did those that faced Angus and his battle ax. The soldier that had captured Alexandria let her go and turned to face one of the highlanders who attacked with such a viciousness that could not be stopped. "You touched Lady McCloud! You dared bind her!" he yelled. Before the soldier died he had been cut many times, lost one hand and on the other arm, the arm at the elbow before the highlander took his head off. Her bonds were cut and a bloody highlander helped her to her feet. "Are you alrright My Lady." the highlander asked.

The highlanders had mad quick work of the soldiers and the General's staff. Bodies were strewen all over the camp, the ground running red with blood. The General was surrounded. He tried to find a way to escape but there was no way to run. Duncan watched from where he was tied up at. He smiled as he recgonized his clansmen. He saw Alexandra, saw her try to fight and lose and be captured, but then have her captor cut to pieces and her freed. It was Connor who moved to him and cut him free. His face was bruised, he had a black eye and his lip was puffed up and bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back