• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ...But You Can Never Leave || Hotel California IC ||

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Blaklyte

Local Cryptid
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

Doe took two keys from the front attendant. He murmured a tired 'thank you, dear' as he turned to walk back to Daisuke. It had been a very, very long day. This was the first time they had visited a town in weeks. It was so... overwhelming to be around so many people. Honestly if it weren't for how cold it got during the night around here, (and tonight just so happened to be especially cold) he would have insisted they slept in their tents outside of town. Nothing beat camping under the stars, drifting off to sleep to the peaceful sounds of nature... except for a cozy bed and a warm bath. Which they both needed after camping for so long.
Doe leaned in to kiss his boyfriend on the cheek.
"Here honey." He said, trading one of the ornate keys for his bag. The wyverian slung the bag over his shoulder. "We have room 3, first floor."
He couldn't wait to get to their room and crawl under the covers. Tomorrow they had to go turn their research into the guild, then return to the field to continue their expedition.
Maybe he could plan a little date for him and Daisuke tomorrow, before they leave again. That would be nice...

Little did he know, they wouldn't be checking out tomorrow.
In fact, they wouldn't be checking out ever.

Last edited:
Daisuke took the key, handing Doe his bag before taking the lead towards their shared room.

"Thanks." He had nodded, voice tired but chipper. Ever since the end of the rampage, and the rise of the issues in Elgado, things have been kind of a mess. Sure the rampage was settling down, but monsters had still been displaced because of Ibushi and Narwa. It was going to be a while before things would be 'back to normal.'

Which meant a lot of work for the Guild, and by extension the Hunters. The long expedition they were on was supposed to be a break from the big stuff, like ibushi, narwa, magnamalo, and the surge in Elder Dragon activity. But camping out for so long ended up just being a different kind of tiring. Daisuke was ready to sleep in a real bed.
Udon, his palanute, trotted alongside them towards their room. If Daisuke was just a little more tired, he would have insisted Udon carry him the rest of the short distance and whine about being tired the whole way. But he had a little more energy left, he wouldn't resort to dramatics, yet. He did look forward to tending to the minor wounds he got from running through the Jungle on their way here, though. The scratches and scrapes he had stung.

Blaklyte Blaklyte

Last edited:

• Lucario sighed as he sensed the presence of newcomers. He was laying down on the bed in room two, trying to relax after a long day. He somehow got brought back to the living world, which separated him from Sir Aaron. He spent all day trying to navigate the strange world, only to end up here at the end of the day.

His ears perked as he heard the newcomers approach the room next to his. With another sigh, he got to his feet. So much for being by himself to process what was going on. That being said, Lucario knew that there was a possibility of the strangers knowing what exactly was going on.

"Aura is with me..." He said to himself, activating his aura abilities as he tried to see if the strangers were friend or foe.

John Connor- Tech-Com Captain
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Room 5

John Connor stood at the hotel's door, immediately thinking something was up with this place but ignored his gut feeling as he walked inside. There were strange characters he'd never seen before asking for keys. He stood in line, asking for room 5 and the key for the room. The key was given to him as he walked to Room 5.

He immediately sat on the bed and noticed someone close the door next to him.

Blaklyte Blaklyte

TANKMAN and STEVE

Hotel Lobby

1696550431141.png"Ugh...."

This was the first remark that left Sargeant John Captain, better known as "Tankman"'s mouth as he and his partner, Steve, approached the hotel. To say that this was the last thing he envisioned coming out of a simple patrol was an understatement. Just a few hours ago, he and Steve were just having a regular patrol across the warzone. Commander Bolt, the commander of the enemy unit, had yet to launch another attack since the whole speal with Steve's kidnapping but Tankman knew better than to let his guard down. Bolt was sneaky, strategic and cruel - they shared more in common than he would care to admit. That was just what made him such a threat. He wasn't about to have his unit caught with their preverbal pants down when Bolt launched his next counterattack. No matter how much Steve wanted to whine that a patrol was not needed it was still ordered and as soon as breakfast was concluded that morning, the two were off.

Everything that could go wrong with patrol did. First, Steve forgot to fill the tank's gas tank and it ran out of fuel 2 hours into their patrol, forcing them to have to abandon it and continue the patrol on foot. Tankman did page Ted and asked him to refuel the tank and take it back to base but he wasn't so sure that the sniper obeyed. Ted wasn't exactly the most reliable but he was the most helpful if he did decide to listen. That and his combat skills were the only reasons the sniper had his rank. Next, the weather ended up being unexpectedly windy which kicked up a dust storm. For hours, he and Steve weren't able to see, even with thier goggles sheilding them. It was worse than any other storm he'd been caught in. It almost seemed abnormal. Still though, the captain knew they had to press through it and so they did despite it being a grueling few hours before they could even safely see two feet in front of them.

By the time that they could see again, the two soldiers were exhausted. A simple patrol should have been child's play to soldiers of their rank but it was entirely different when most of that patrol was spent stuck in a sandstorm. Tankman could barely stand by the time they reached the hotel. He'd barely recognized it when Steve just led them in. It looked safe enough. Any place with a bed was fine by him and it didn't look like this place had anything to do with the enemy army.

1696554530688.png
Tankman had an unamused expression as he saw the lobby looked just like any other hotel lobby. How it wasn't destroyed thanks to the war was beyond him but he really didn't care in his current state. He was just done. He was tired, wanted to get a nap in and then figure out how they'd get back to the base. He noticed there was an odd assortment of guests waiting to get checked in. Eh. Aside from looking downright weird, none of them seemed particularly suspicious. Newgrounds was full of weirdos. These were probably just random refugees needing a place to stay for the night. Long as none of them were too noisy tonight or pulled any violet acts, he really didn't care about them. He and Steve were going to be out the door tomorrow morning anyway and never to see these people again. Probably, anyway.

"Alright, Cap! I got our room key. We're both in room 4!" Steve announced at that moment, holding a key in hand.

Wait. When did Steve go and check in? Tankman must have missed it while he was busy watching the other guests. Whatever. It didn't matter much.

"Right. Let's get going then. I don't think I can stay awake much longer." the captain said as he wiped sand froom his goggles.

"You know, I don't think I've seen you this tired before, Cap. It's kind of funny." Steve teased, making Tankman roll his eyes in annoyance.

Steve was the only one he allowed to tease him without getting a snark remark back. For some reason. A reason he didn't know. Or maybe just didn't care enough to acknowledge. With Steve leading the way, the sleepy soldiers began making their way to their room, not knowing the true nature of their stay...

• The power of aura told Lucario that the strangers had no ill intentions, drastically reducing the risk of them being a threat. As long as he kept to himself, Lucario didn't foresee trouble with the other guests. But despite the lack of foreseeable ill intentions, Lucario's aura picked up on something that he had never seen before.

He wasn't sure how to describe the feeling, other than he had a good feeling that no one, including himself, would be leaving in the morning. A sinister aura was in the air, and the aura pokémon had a sense of dread. Whomever, or whatever, that was hiding was doing a darn good job of staying hidden if Lucario could not detect them.

"Strange..." Lucario said to himself, canceling his aura reading and watching his room door carefully.

Doe followed close behind Daisuke, his eyes growing heavier by the second. He had never wanted to sleep more in his entire life. It was almost... unnatural. Since when did he ever get this tired? Was it from being so cold lately? or was he just exhausted from all the work he and Daisuke had been doing? Gog, he hoped he wasn't coming down with a cold.. He didn't need that right now, he had to stay in top shape. He couldn't drag Daisuke and Albatross down by being ill. A sleepy fog clouded Doe's head, he tried to wipe some of the sleep from his eyes, just long enough for them to get into their room, unfortunately, he wasn't paying much attention and passed right by their room number, walking into Steve.
Doe yelped and dropped his bag in surprise. The shock of bumping into someone jolted him awake for the time being.
"OH--I--no--im so sorry--are you okay hun??"
He stared wide-eyed at the weirdly dressed hunter, his face turning bright red with embarrassment. He fumbled to try and catch what the other person--a hunter from the looks of it might've of dropped--if anything at all.

(will intro albatross later im too sleepy)

Steve - Icee Icee
Daisuke - DovahBeat DovahBeat

Daisuke had started to unlock the door to their room when he realized that Doe had walked right past him and into a stranger, another hunter by the looks of it. But he didn't recognize what armor set he was wearing. Maybe it was a newly awarded event armor? Or maybe he just wasn't from Elgado or Kamura. Oh well.

Daisuke smiled amusedly and picked up Doe's dropped bag for him.

"Doe, I know you're tired but I didn't think you were that tired." He then turned towards Steve.

"Sorry about that! You alright there?"

Blaklyte Blaklyte
Icee Icee

TANKMAN and STEVE

Hotel Room Hall

1696722200844.png
"Alright, now that we're in our room, I'm heading straight for bed." Tankman announced as soon as they reached room 4.

The captain didn't even wait for Steve's answer as he took the room key from him, making Steve yelp in surprise. However, thanks to being taken completely off guard by the gesture, Steve didn't have a good grip on the key and it was easily taken away. Steve didn't object. He could tell that John was a lot more tired than he was. It was surprising given Steve was usually the one who was the most physically frail of the duo but John probably was under a lot more pressure than he was being as how he had to address the tank. Steve felt bad about forgetting to fill the gas - he swore it was fine when he pulled out. He would need to apologize to John when he was rested more. If he tried to do it now, he knew the captain would simply make a crude remark or ignore him entirely. John was Steve's partner for so long that he knew how the captain would take almost any situation.

"Right...well, goodnight then. I'll be there in a little while."

All of a sudden, Steve wasn't quite ready to sleep despite being exhausted. Maybe he ought to do a patrol around the hotel. He was curious about the other guests een though Tankman simply looked them over. Steve was fairly certain that they weren't a problem but a simple skim just to make sure couldn't hurt. By the time he'd finish, he was sure Tankman would be sound asleep which would mean he could prepare to formally apologize in the morning.
1696735452139.png

Just as Steve was turning around to begin his trip down the hall, he collided right with two of said guests, yelping in shock as he dropped the knife he had in his hand for precautionary reasons. It clattered to the ground but luckily didn't cause any other damages. What a fine greeting - bumpig into people and them now knowing he was carrying a weapon into what was supposed to be a place for a casual stay. As if Steve didn't have enough things he needed to apologize for! Only this one was much more urgent.

The people seemed to be humanoid, although they had some features that he had never seen before. Not only did their outfits not mention any outfit from those in the military but they had some odd natural features too. Nothing to panic about though, at least he didn't think so. Their war was going on right at the outskirts of Newgrounds City and many odd species ended up calling the town their home. Perhaps they were simply townsfolk who lost their way and were trying to retreat for the night. Afterall, they seemed way too friendly to be affiliated with the enemy army or anything else dangerous, right? Talking to them should be safe. Besides, he did still crash into them.

"Oh...um....yeah!! I'm fine, thanks." he started, rubbing his head a bit.

He reached down to pick up his knife, only to find that one of the guests had caught it as it had fallen from the soldier's hand. Great. There was no hiding the weapon now. He quickly moved to grab it.

"Sorry about the knife. I know you're probably not supposed to have weapons in here but I was in the middle of a patrol before I came here and didn't get a chance to put any of my weapons away."

He hoped this was an acceptable excuse. He really didn't want to have to get into a confrontation with confused guests thinking he was planning on murdering or something.

Doe stood up straight and handed the knife back to Steve. His face grew warmer at Daisuke's comment about his exhaustion. Gog this was embarrassing. He turned his face away to hide his expression. "Its... been a long day.." He replied with a nervous chuckle. He turned his attention back to Steve, who began to make excuses as to why he would have a knife in a place like this. His mouth turned downward into a slight frown.
"We... aren't supposed to have weapons here..?" He asked. There must've been a sign that he and Daisuke were too tired to see. Oops. Doe began to fidget nervously, he tried to discreetly tuck the glaive poking out from behind his back down so it wasn't visible over his head. It didn't really work.
"I mean--I KNEW THAT--Of course i did! Haha!" He said stiffly, forcing a grin that was just a little too wide and a laugh that was too loud in an attempt to mask his anxiety. He definitely didn't know that. He and Daisuke were going to get in trouble. A knife was one thing but a giant axe and a glaive?! That was worse. The last thing he wanted was to get kicked out for contraband. They needed to put their hunting gear away as soon as possible, until then, he just had to hope people would somehow overlook the giant weapons they were carrying.

Steve - Icee Icee

"Wait, we can't have weapons here? Who decided that?" Daisuke asked, dumbfounded. Who  didn't carry a weapon? Well, aside from young kids of course. But back in Kamura, even yomogi the chef girl and the Buddy Plaza kid, Iori carried weapons.
Even Minoto and Hinoa, the Guild's quest maidens, had weapons!

Looks like Daisuke will have to somehow hide his Switch Axe. And his hunting knife. And his plethora of Kunai. And probably his Palamute's scythe weapon too.

"I think im going to just, hide our stuff now..." he spoke softly, taking Doe's glaive off his back, kinsect included, to hide in their hotel room.

Blaklyte Blaklyte
Icee Icee
(Open for interactions, be it continued or new)

• Danny wasn't one hundred percent sure that this hotel was legit. He had been patrolling the ghost zone, only to accidentally get trapped into one of the portals and transferred to the front doors of the hotel. It was strange, but being half ghost caused Danny to be no stranger to strange things. Though he was hesitant, he eventually convinced himself into walking through the front doors and checking in.

The check in was quick and painless, which the half ghost was grateful for. He was exhausted, and in no mood to put up with unnecessary bull. He had forgotten to change back to his human form before he walked in, but since he believed that he wasn't in Amity Park anymore, he wasn't bothered by the possibility of his alter ego being discovered.

"Uh, excuse me." Danny said, realizing that he just bumped into someone. In his exhausted state, he hadn't been paying too much attention to where he was going. He also didn't seem to know or care if he came off the wrong way.

Interactions-

Icee Icee (Steve & possibly Tankman) (Sonic)

Open (any character) (Lucario)

DovahBeat DovahBeat (Daisuke) (Danny)

Last edited:

TANKMAN and STEVE

Hotel Room Hall

1697013440963.pngUnfortunately for Sonic, he would arrive just in time for Tankman to quite rudely slam the door to room 4 closed. The walls shook slightly as a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the doorknob waved back and forth. The noise was enough to make Steve jump once again. He was more jittery than normal today. Maybe it was just because of the circumstances they were in, how they were taken off course out of nowhere. That and he still had a lot of apologizing to do to his captain. Of course, after he slept. Talking at all with John like this...well...he knew it wouldn't go well.

"I mean, at least, I'm pretty sure weapons aren't allowed to be in the open. We've always had to have permits showing we're on duty for our weapons to be brought here." he began as he quickly pocketed his knife.

It brought the soldier some relief to see the couple he had just encountered were just as akward with conversation as he was. Conversing was never the second in command's strong suit. While he could come off with some witty jokes, his telent with it wasn't near as smooth as John's. While he was much more trusting when it came to new people when compared to his captain, Steve was still the most akward of the two by far. However, likely to the couple's releif, he didn't seem to be upset in them casually "not knowing" about the weapons rules.

"Come to think of it, normally receptionists check for contraband when guests come in to a hotel to stay. Maybe she was too tired to do it today."

Steve pondered to himself. The receptionist was rather cheerful. Eager to help them out - almost too eager, though that could also just be Steve's sleepy paranoia talking on that front. She probably just really liked her job. That was something he could commend, being as how he himself was always enthusiastic about his military job. He may be a bit absentminded but he at least never outright neglected his duties like Ted did. That sniper only lifted a finger to to his duties once in a very blue moon if they were lucky. He best knew how Ted just goofed off all day long at his station. How someone could do that when they were on standby of a war was beyond him.
1697016653615.png

It was at that moment that Steve realized the blue andromorphic hedgehog had asked him a question. Right and he probably should give everyone some sort of explanation for John's rudeness. Afterall, the door to their room did just get slammed and he wouldn't be surprised if other guests didn't come running in here due to the activity. Wait a second! Did the hedgehog just say something about not knowing about the war?!

"I know the war hasn't reached the main town yet and everything's quiet but shouldn't you at least know that the outskirts of Newgrounds is a warzone?!" he spoke in shock, laced with slight annoyance.

This new guy had to be playing around, right? Everyone in Newgrounds knew the outskirts was a warzone even if some refused to stay away from it. People knew what they were getting into if they came near their base. John made sure people knew and those that didn't know were probably told by Pico or Rio, better known to Newgrounds under his alias "Boyfriend". Weren't they well known now? Surely news of the rap battle went all over town and further spread how dangerous it was to risk wandering around the military zone.

Or maybe it could be possible that this newcomer wasn't from Newgrounds. But that was absolute nonsense! Now Steve was pretty sure he was letting his sleepy paranoia speak to hm now. He held his knife instinctively, though he kept a rather relaxed expression, not aware that he probably looked more unsettling than anything.

"Woah, careful there!" Daisuke nearly dropped Doe's kinsect glaive, but he didn't harbor any ill feelings towards Danny. He then entered his and Doe's hotel room and hid their weapons in their closet, then returned to the hallway to join up with Doe again. Udon had made himself comfortable on their bed.

He made it back out just in time to hear the last part of Steve's exclamation.

"War? Newgrounds? Do you mean the Rampage? I thought I took care of that?" He asked, not really aware of what this was about.

Seabiscuit Seabiscuit Icee Icee Blaklyte Blaklyte

Doe tilted his head, a look of confusion wrote itself across his face. Newgrounds? Was he talking about the New World? He heard a little bit about that a while back. Some Felyne sailors talked about it while back, he didnt know much about it except the hunter's guild sent fleets overseas to explore the territory. Being able to explore new lands like that sounded amazing, he'd give almost anything to sail out with Daisuke and do research on the local wildlife!
There wasnt some kind of war going on over the land over there was there? Strange, being part of the guild, they would have heard something about it wouldnt they? Then again, they were pretty far from the New World, it was an entire continent away.
"Uh.. Are you talkin' 'bout the New World by any chance..?" He asked, he wasnt very confident that was the answer, but it was the only one that made sense to him. "I dont recall hearin' about any war goin' on in those parts."

Steve - Icee Icee
Sonic - Seabiscuit Seabiscuit

• Danny watched as Daisuke just brushed him off. He was too exhausted to react in any way, shape or form, and continued to head towards room seven.

It was right before he opened the door to his room that he realized that he had just walked past a lot of... creatures. They weren't ghosts, Danny knew that, as his ghost sense wasn't triggered. But if they weren't ghosts, or humans, what the hell were they? Hearing someone mention something about "Newgrounds" caught his attention.

"Newgrounds? Do you mean the ghost zone? Is there a new area that I hadn't heard about before? I thought that I covered the ghost zone, in and out." Danny said, his toxic green gaze turning towards Steve.

Interactions:

Sonic - Tankman and Steve ( Icee Icee )

Danny - Steve and possibly Doe ( Icee Icee ) ( Blaklyte Blaklyte )

TANKMAN and STEVE

Hotel Room Hallway

1697249715606.png
All of this conversation going on outside his room wasn't helping Tankman get to sleep. No matter how tired one was or how comfy and warm the beds were, five people babbling outside your room makes sleeping impossible. Unfortunately for the guests and Steve, Tankman was tired and when he was tired he was exceptionally grumpy. Before Steve could even react to anyone's comments, the captain kicked open the door, said door almost hitting teve right in the back.

"Do any of you guys MIND?! Standing right outside someone's room yapping a mile a minute when this is a HOTEL meant for SLEEPING?!" he spat, making Steve back away.

"Haven't you got any respect? Or did Steve and I end up with a room to the Gathering Corner instead of a room to sleep in?!"

The captain put his hands on his hips, glaring at the group beneath his visor. The soldier's glare was certainly intimidating. He didn't earn his rank for sugar coating things, that was for sure. All Steve could do was stay backed off to the side, a hand near his mouth. Part of the younger soldier was embarrassed that his captain came barging out like this in front of guests who seemed not to even be from Newgrounds at all.

"Cap, listen...these guys probably aren't even from Newgrounds. They don't even know about the war or--"

"I don't give a crap where they're from!! Everyone get away from our room before I have to tell the receptionist that everyone's being a disturbance!!"

Tankman cut Steve off as Steve only looked at the people before him, not sure what they were going to say or do. It wasn't like Tankman was particularly wrong. This was a hotel and maybe having a conversation outside of their room wasn't exactly ideal. Steve couldn't help but feel that he was at fault for everyone having just been yelled at like this. He didn't even know what to tell them for a few minutes, stunned into silence.

1697251191739.png"Um....maybe it's a good idea if we all continue this conversation somewhere else." Steve started once he regained some of his composure. "I didn't think this would end up being a disturbance."

"I don't care where you continue it!! Not here!!"

Great. Now John was doubly mad at him. As if he wasn't already in hot water due to letting the tank run out of gas and just everything that happened now Steve was responsible for causing a disturbance. Now he really didn't want to go back to his room. He glanced at Tankman, who refused to move, waiting for the group to either respond or start moving out. The way he glared was as if he were judging them. Or maybe he was just mad that his sleeping attempts had been disrupted. Steve wasn't entirely sure.

Tankman did recognize how none of the people in the group before him looked particularly familiar. However, he also didn't care. They were just here to sleep and then he and Steve were heading back to the base once morning came. It didn't matter who these people were, where they were from. They weren't here to make friends. It was a hotel not a bar for crying out loud! He just wanted everyone to get away from his room and let him do what he and Steve paid to do: rest for the night.

Daisuke winced at Tankman's scolding. He didn't need to be so mean about it...
"Why don't we continue this in the hotel's dining area...?" He suggested hesitantly, as if afraid Tankman was going to bust out again and strangle him for daring to utter another word in the area.

Blaklyte Blaklyte Icee Icee Seabiscuit Seabiscuit

Doe's confusion turned to embarrassment as Tankman came out of his room to yell at them. He wilted under his angry glare, shrinking into himself and unconsciously shuffling back to hide behind Daisuke. Oh. Oops. He really should have just apologized then followed Daisuke back to their room. He swallowed back the lump forming in his throat.
"I-Im sorry sir.." He squeaked, his voice barely above a whisper. He felt awful, he got both himself, Daisuke, and a bunch of strangers in trouble. He nodded meekly as Daisuke suggested they go to the lobby, though he would honestly rather go to his room after getting yelled at like this. Though anything to get him away from Tankman was fine really. "Uh, y-yeah lets go to the lobby.." He agreed, slowly shuffling backwards as he did to try and get out of the area as quickly as possible.

Tankman, Steve - Icee Icee
Sonic, Danny - Seabiscuit Seabiscuit

TANKMAN and STEVE

Hotel Room Hallway

1698525720552.png
"Ugh...some people just don't have any common decency nowadays." Tankman muttered to himself once the door was closed. He could hear the chatter starting to fade as most of the group heeded his warnings and began to disperse.

The group wouldn't hear anything else from Tankman as the sleepy captain flopped into the bed. He flipped on the TV for some quiet noise before turning off the lights. Steve could come into the room and go to sleep whenever he wanted. He wasn't going to hold Steve's hand though he meant what he told him earlier about them leaving at dawn. If Steve wanted to not sleep, well, that was his problem.

Steve could faintly hear the TV being turned on. Seemed that Tankman wasn't going to open the door and yell at them again as long as they didn't linger. He still didn't want to go to sleep yet so he would follow the group as he glanced at them, though he did look at the door every now and again as if expecting that his hope was wrong and Tankman was 1698531059414.pnggoing to burst through the door again at any moment.

"Sorry about Cap. He's not the best when he's not been to sleep in awhile." Steve said to the group before looking at them once more. "The lobby would be good to keep talking though. I'm not ready to go to bed after all of that anyway."

He kept glancing to the door and then back at the group. It was obvious that he was a bit distressed by having caused all of that commotion for his captain. He caused so much trouble today, from losing the tank again to this. It wasn't going to be easy for him to face John once he did finally go to bed.

John "Bear" Connor

1702521367680.jpeg

The soldier was very confused but also very tense. Instead of trying to relax in his room, Connor was already outside his room scanning the hallways searching for anything or anyone suspicious. Something about this place already gave him the wrong feeling and he wasn't going to take it like a vacation.

The others however might get the wrong impression of the man.

DovahBeat DovahBeat Icee Icee Blaklyte Blaklyte

Doe felt small. very small, that interaction with Steve's friend really bothered him, even as they returned to the lobby, away from the rooms. He couldnt shake the awful taste it left in his mouth. He fidgeted nervously, his eyes darting between the hallway and Steve's anxious expression. Honestly, it was probably for the best that he and Daisuke just went to bed. He shuffled closer to Daisuke, taking his hand and squeezing it lightly for comfort.
"Im real sorry about that hun, we didn't mean to cause such a ruckus.." He apologized again. "I think it might be best if we just head back to our room actually. It was nice meetin' you though!" As Doe spoke, he awkwardly started to back towards the hall, pulling Daisuke in tow. "Have a goodnight!!"
Before Steve, or anyone could react, Doe was gone, already shut into his room.
What a terrible way to end the night.
Hopefully tomorrow would be better...

Doe sat on the edge of the bed, folding him and Daisuke's clothes with only dim sunlight filtered through their window blinds as a light. Doe had been awake for a few hours now. He had always been an early riser. Sometimes he was even up before the sun, just like he was today. After an awkward conversation with a fellow hotel goer last night, Doe spent most of the night tossing and turning, too embarrassed and anxious after being yelled at by a stranger to get a proper sleep. It was fine though, he was used to being up late and getting up early, anxiety driven insomnia was all too familiar to him.
After putting away the last of his and his boyfriend's supplies, Doe went to peek out the wi ndow blinds. The sun was well in the sky now, it was getting to be a reasonable hour for people to be awake. The wyverian pulled on the shades, sending them shooting up and letting the full morning sun flood their room. "Gooooooood morning sunshine!" Doe said, he turned to walk back towards the bed and gently shook Daisuke. "Time to get up sleepyhead!"
It was a beautiful morning out, and they should get ready to check out, surely housekeeping would be by soon to get their room ready for the next guest.

iss-copy.jpg

With nothing too amiss so far, the Captain of Tech-Com finally retreated into his room to sleep for a short bit before hours passed and the sun rays peeked in the room. The solider pulled himself up and blinked. It was time to check out ... right?"​

Tankman and STEVE

Hotel Lobby

1702965786143.png
"Oh...uh...okay...."

Steve felt as if he had done something wrong that had scared Doe and the others away but he didn't know what. They all seemed pretty eager to talk earlier but now suddenly everything did a complete 180. Maybe Tankman's less than ideal impression had made an impact on them and made them decide that they'd all rather just go to bed instead of lingering around him and risk Tankman potentially kicking their room open and marching into where they were to lecture about being "too loud". Although Steve knew Tankman wouldn't do such a thing, nobody else did so the concern was entirely understandable even if it did disappoint the second in command.

After everyone disappeared, he sighed to himself. Might as well just go to bed at this point. Besides, Tankman did say they were getting up and checking out early and he knew that his captain tended to keep to his word on those sorts of things. Tankman was always up at the crack of dawn unless he was sick or injured - he hated wasting a day. Plus, when one was captain of an army, one could hardly afford to sleep in, lest every soldier in the base be out of control due to their captain's absence. Steve had to take some fault for that. He wasn't a very authoritive second in command - very few of the tankmen bothered to listen to what he commanded them.

Steve soon rounded the corner to Room 4 and slowly cracked the door open. Tankman was sound asleep in his bed, though the TV was still on. Steve decided that he would just watch TV until he fell asleep. He got into his nightclothes, got into bed and began to mindlessly watch the stupid sitcom that was on the screen. He must have fallen asleep at some point...

THE NEXT MORNING...

Room 4

1702967223880.png

As Steve expected, Tankman was indeed up bright and early. As soon as the sun's rays started to peek into their room, the captain opened his eyes. The TV's sitcom had now changed to some sort of morning news program that he didn't really care about. Unless the news was about the war ending he never cared much for what the news stations said. Considering how the news stations in Newgrounds never even so much as mentioned the war that he and his army fought, he figured that even if the war was somehow over, he wouldn't hear a news report about it. Showed just how much the general populace cared about their ongoing struggle.

He glanced at Steve who was still curled up to the side of his bed, cocooned up in the blankets like a burrito. Honestly, he found it cute to see how Steve slept. They shared a room even back at home so this sort of thing was never new to him. He almost always woke up before Steve and would often spend a bit watching him sleep before Steve would either wake up on his own or he would have to wake him up himself. However, it seemed that today would be a day that he would have to wake up Steve himself. So, after a few more minutes, Tankman finlly hopped out of bed and to Steve's.
"Time to rise and shine, Steve! I'm sure you're just raring to finish navigating that god forsaken desert!!"

His tone leaked his usual sarcasm. He wasn't too thrilled about navigating the desert again either but he knew it had to be done. He and Steve were going for going on two days now. He was sure Ted probably already had a search party going for them by now. That was, if the sniper was in a giving mood. If he wasn't, then Ted would probably just ignore the fact they were missing and start some silly party in his office again. A party in which Tankman would end up walking in on and giving the sniper a good long lecture about how throwing "Captain's on Vacation!" parties were unacceptable and unprofessional. If Ted was out doing that, then he and Steve would have a long, hot and tiring day ahead of them. Either way, best to go into things headfirst instead of avoiding the inevitable.

"Get up!! Or I'll just check out without you!!!"

Again, Tankman urged his partner to wake up, shaking Steve's shoulder. Steve must have been really tired. He must have gone on another one of his binge working sessions where he would spend two or three days not sleeping. Still, though, they had to get going so they don't lose daylight so Tankman persisted until Steve lifted - well, more so, jerked - his head up.

1702968950883.png
"Alright!!! I'm up already!!!"

This time it was Steve with the nasty done as he snarled at his captain and friend, slamming his hands on the blanket and giving that angered, slightly insane looking expression that Tankman only saw when Steve was irritated with him or about to go on a killign spree. Or both. The captain backed away as Steve took a moment to rub his eyes, blinking away the weariness still in his vision.

Steve felt as if he hadn't gotten enough sleep. His head was throbbing and his eyes felt heavy. He hadn't noticed it before but now that he had gotten the chance to sleep even a little he was feeling the full extent of his exhaustion. All he wanted to do was go back to bed but he knew Tankman wasn't about to let that happen.

"Geez. That's the first time in awhile I've seen your face like that, Steve. Keep it up and it might just freeze that way!"

Steve wasn't in the mood for Tankman's jokes this early in the morning and his irritation prompted him to throw a pillow at Tankman's face.

"That was terrible, John!! Give me a few minutes and we can go check out! I hope you took a shower already because when we were navigating the desert last night, you smelt horrible!!"

Okay, maybe that was a bit overkill but when Steve was tired he tended to pop off with some pretty mean remarks. Tankman knew this and liked to mess with Steve just to see what he would pop off with. The captain merely chuckled.

"And you smelt ripe yourself. Downright like dog poo. So you'd better haul yourself to the shower. Don't worry. I'll wait so I don't have to smell that rancid smell all day long!"

Tankman countered back which made Steve groan in annoyance as he gathered up one of the hotel towels.

"You're just TERRIBLE!! I don't know why I bother patrolling with you!!"

"Come on, Steve, you know you like it!!!"

Tankman was cut short by Steve slamming the door to the hotel bathroom, water heard running as he went to take a shower. Tankman took the time to get ready for the day, knowing when it was time to stop with messing with his friend. By the time that Steve finished with his shower, Steve seemed in better spirits and Tankman was ready for the day as well.

1702969981550.png
"Ready to go?"

Tankman asked as Steve pocketed his knife, making sure not to look awkward again by having it out in front of other guests. While he was sure that they didn't mind and even if they did that he would soon not see them again, he would rather avoid another akward interaction. He gave a swift nod to his captain. Seems the shower helped to lift his sour mood.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Let's get back to work."

"Right. Hopefully Ted's got people looking for us, though I also have a feeling we might be on our own on getting back to the base."

Tankman sighed. He dreaded the very idea of navigating the desert all day long yet he knew there was no running from it. They had to face whatever was coming. And with that, the duo opened the door and began making their way to the lobby to check out. They had no idea that the prospect of navigating a hot desert all day was soon going to be the least of their concerns...

Last edited:
Daisuke groaned in exhaustion as Doe gently shook him awake. He was never a morning person, but today especially so. Despite sleeping soundly the whole night it felt like he was still camping out in the jungle. But without a tent or bedroll.
Eventually, though, with Doe shaking him and the sunlight brightening the room, Daisuke gave up on sleeping. He rolled onto his back and opened his eyes. Or rather, an eye and an empty eye socket. He always took his fake eye out before bed when he was able.
He looked straight at Doe, tired and grumpy. He knew Doe didn't like seeing his empty eye socket, so it was a little bit of payback for waking him up.
"Alright. I'm up." He grumbled, then slowly pushed himself into a sitting position and reached for his fake eye sitting on the side table next to the bed.

Blaklyte Blaklyte

Users who are viewing this thread

Back