• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ❝ BURY A FRIEND. ❞

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
[div class=background][div class=second] [div class=topimg]
[div class=back] go back [/div][/div] [div class=border][div class=opacitybg][/div] [div class=box][div class=over]" ˢᵃʸ ᶦᵗ, ˢᵖᶦᵗ ᶦᵗ ᵒᵘᵗ "[/div]
Despite being slightly discredited, Wilhelmina was proud of herself. Surely, at this rate, she had a possibility of graduating in one piece. Her adrenaline kicked in once one minute was left on the clock and Murdoc finished the mission off. By the time she ran out the door, her heart was pounding through her chest. Kaarle squeezed her shoulder, and she grinned at him. Even without words, he knew how she felt.

"I can't believe we nearly died."

"Kind of badass, right?" The high of getting over the first hurdle made Wil a little giddy. There were bumps along the way, but they did it. That giddiness remained until a face flickered to life in front of the group. The hair on the back of Mina's neck stood on end as she realized that this wasn't a normal graduation. This wasn't Dominic Coldridge. He was horrifyingly beautiful and cold at the same time. His facial features were rimmed with hatred in every word. Wil couldn't help but wonder if he ever felt joy. Was he always so frigid, or did something change within him one day?

"Wilhelmina, I- who forgets their own equipment?"

The insult directed towards her was definitely not the worst. She had made a genuine mistake. The others weren't so lucky to receive a mundane jab. Words like failure so easily rolled off of his tongue, and it made her shiver. It couldn't be part of the graduation plan, could it? Would Coldridge truly hire someone else to torture them? Wil knew it was unlikely. Dominic loved to make everyone squirm with worry. Whoever this guy was, he came in with a plan. Deep down, she knew it wouldn't end well.

"Oh, watch your step if I were you." His voice trailed off, and the message sputtered out before them. Watch your step. What would that entail? Wilhelmina scoffed a little and flipped off the general area, hoping the hallway had cameras and mystery-man could see.

"Is there any way to check for plates under the floor? There might be motion-sensored lasers built into the walls, too."

"I can't really check from here, pressure contraptions are tricky. I could try rolling something light down the hall, but I don't know if there are any weight parameters." Easily, rolling something down the hallway could set off an abundance of atrocities, but she was willing to take the risk. She slowly scanned the area in front of her, looking for anything out of the ordinary. After everything looked relatively safe, she took a small step forward, slipped off her watch, and crouched down. Swiftly, she slid her watch down the hallway and winced a little as she prepared for the worst. If nothing happened, she still wouldn't know if they were truly safe.
[/div][/div][/div] [div class=first] [div class=words][div class=i][/div]wilhelmina trietz
[div class=bottomwords]mentions: kaarle, merrick, and murdoc
tags: erised erised nymphadora. nymphadora. Blatherskiter Blatherskiter
weapons: a fanny pack of explosives, poisons, and a handgun. one emergency dagger. [/div][/div] [div class=line][div class=fimgb][div class=input] [div class=block][div class=inputwords] go forward [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]made by: @undine[/div] [script class=input on=click] slideUp 2000 first fadeIn 1000 second [/script] [script class=back on=click] slideDown 2000 first [/script] [script class=input on=mouseenter] addClass op inputwords [/script] [script class=input on=mouseleave] removeClass op inputwords [/script] [class=background]height: 400px; max-width: 600px; boz-sixing: border-box; margin: auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; border: 1px solid #f1f1f1 [/class] [class=first]height: 100%; width: 100%; background: #CFCFCF; opacity: 0.99; position: relative; top: -400px [/class] [class=second]height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image:url(http://images.8tracks.com/cover/i/009/023/707/Photo_May_02__2_41_40_PM-9568.jpg?rect=0,0,480,480&q=98&fm=jpg&fit=max); background-size:105%; background-position: 0% 30%; opacity: 1; position: relative; top: 0px [/class] [class=back]width:100%; height: 40px; padding: 20px 0px 0px 0px; margin: auto; font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: 1.5px; word-spacing: 1.5px; font-size: 13px; color: white; position: relative; top: 305px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: pointer [/class] [class=line]height: 2px; width: 100%; background: white; position: relative; top: 130px [/class] [class=fimgb]position: relative; top: -95px; margin: auto; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); height: 180px; width: 180px; background: #fff; padding: 7px [/class] [class=input]cursor: pointer; height: 180px; width: 180px; background-image: url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/594320889609191456/600448558654685201/dianasilvers12.gif); background-size: 185%; background-position: 55% 100%; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); filter: saturate(70%) [/class] [class=inputwords]height: 10px; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; width: 100%; display: block; background: #fff; color: #444444; position: relative; top: 85px; font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; text-align: center; transition: all .4s ease-in-out; opacity: 0; position: relative [/class] [class name=op]opacity: 1 [/class] [class name=words]height:100px; width: 100%; font-size: 25px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; position: absolute; color: #444444; top: 250px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 4.5px; text-transform: uppercase [/class] [class=topimg]height:100%; width:100%; filter: saturate(110%); transition: all .5s ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=topimg state=hover]filter: saturate(150%); [/class] [class=topwords]width:130px; height: 7%; border-bottom: 1px solid #94A12C; font-size: 12px; color: black; position: relative; top: 220px; margin: auto; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; font-weight: 700; word-spacing: 1px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/class] [class=bottomwords]height: 100%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.45em; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: center; font-style: oblique; top: -5px; line-height: 14px; letter-spacing: 0.2px; position: relative; top: 10px [/class] [class=border]height: 300px; width: 345px; position: relative; margin:auto; top: -371px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=opacitybg]height: 289px; width: 350px; border: 1px solid white; background: white; opacity: 0.8; margin: auto; position: relative; top: 5px [/class] [class=i]display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-style: italic [/class] [class=box]height: 80%; width: 90%; padding: 5px; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Hind', sans-serif; margin: auto; position: relative; top: -265px; line-height:16px; word-spacing: -0px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify [/class] [class=over]height: 25px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; width: 100%; background: #ACACAC; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-transform: uppercase; position: sticky; top: 0px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class=num]display: inline-block; font-size: 11px; font-weight: 700 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class]

[class=y]

background:transparent;

padding: 7px;

Height: 280px;

Width: 157px;

transition-duration: 0.9s;

z-index:-1;

color:transparent;

[/class][class name=y state=hover]

background-color: #edc7c7;

opacity:0.8;

color:white;

width:163px;

height:286px;

[/class][div class=y]
location. ColdridgeTV Hallway | mentions. devyn, kaarle, wil, murdoc, nik, kaden | weapons. sniper rifle, disassembled. two handguns.
The Sharp-Shooter
Oh, boy. For a second, she might have to agree with that psychopath about the lack of cohesiveness within the teammates, Serena's patience was starting to wear. It wasn't about any person specifically, but rather about the lack of professionalism and the lack of seriousness with some members. She didn't hold it against them, she used to be the one cracking jokes and making up nicknames, but the maturity hit and left her like this. She only wished the same thing applied to the other team members. Don't get her wrong, if Kaden and Kaarle complained once more about what the evil blondie called them, she was tossing them into a lava pit. Kaarle was lucky that Serena didn't hear the comment that was made, considering that the woman was already irritated by the aforemetioned Dajana/Wil interaction.

But her irritation managed to simmer for a moment as she caught Dev's eyes and his flicker of a smile. She felt momentarily reassured, and gave him a short nod that could have meant anything from 'I'm hella hungry' to a simple 'it's a damn nod, what else did you expect'. She was hyper-aware of the cool metal of her ring as she turned away from him to focus on the task at hand. "Hey, Bill Nye, as much as I enjoy you complaining about your "gamer" title, why wouldn't you think the floor is rigged?" She asked curiously, tilting her head. It wasn't a question to antagonize Kaarle, rather a question for him to explain his thinking. If Serena had to judge the hallway in front of them, she'd be concerned about every side, the two walls, the ceiling, and the floor. The floor, partially because pressure could be a key factor. The walls, because....Well, what if you stepped on a plate and a sword jabbed out and made you into Shish-kebab? Not very appetizing. And from the ceiling--because, well, you'd be an idiot if you didn't take into account the ceiling.

The young woman mentally went over what had been said by the hijacker. He looked a bit like a young, jaded, surfer-dude version of Dominic Coldridge, which was a disturbing thought. The mental image of Murdoc's father flashing the hang-ten sign while surfing on a shark made her want to drink bleach. Slightly shaking her head, she reverted back to her normal train of thought. Each of his comments were designed to target each person--except Dev. He didn't get a single comment. Well, if anyone was to be genuinely a good person in the entirety of her group, it would be him. The lack of comment against him confirmed a sneaking suspicion that Serena had: Devyn was genuinely the light amongst such dark people. But there would be time for her to dwell on that later. The later comments seemed to hit a bit too close to home: especially Nik's and Murdoc's. Murdoc's was obvious, the ripoff Coldridge had a bone to pick. But Nik's? No, that was strategic. With the questioning of trust came the unravelling of it. That was one problem.

The watches. That was a problem too. Their tech was quite obviously contaminated, but someone mentioned something about keeping one watch on hand. Serena didn't know how to feel about that---that was like keeping a bomb's wire on you just because you wanted to be able to see the countdown. But she stayed quiet, not quite voicing her concerns. The technology and intellectual aspect wasn't her strong suit--her constructivist thinking didn't come into play when the conversation was all about tech and pressure plates. But Serena didn't mind her lack of knowledge--it wasn't an insecurity. Rather, she enjoyed when her brothers flexed their knowledge in front of everyone. It made her proud.

But it seemed like Wil was doing something--with sharp eyes, Serena tracked the girl's movements, watching her as she slid the watch across the floor. Serena instinctively stepped forward too, until she was only a little distance away from the girl. In the event of a pressure plate triggering, Serena wanted to reach out and yank Wil back behind her. 'Too close. Too close.' Her instincts warned her, but Serena ignored the ringing of alarm bells in her mind, slightly tensing in the event that Wil needed extraction.

Ha, extraction. The one thing sharp-shooters didn't get was the one thing she was contributing in the situation. Serena hid a smile that twitched up on her lips at the irony.

tags: sereiin sereiin sophie. sophie. erised erised

[/div]

Last edited:
[class=tabs]color: black; font-size: 13px; font: Lato; line-height: 1; text-align: center; text-space: 3px; width: 190px;[/class] [class=tab]cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 0px; width: 12%; [/class] [class name=tab1 state=hover] color: #984a4a; font-style: bold; transition: 0.3s; url: ('https://i.imgur.com/8akxkMH.png'), auto !important; [/class] [class=content] position: absolute; opacity: 0; transition: 0.5s; [/class] [class=show] opacity: 1; z-index: 1; [/class] [class=title] font: Lato; line-height: 25px; font-size: 25px; padding-top: 20px; width: 110px; text-align: center; text-transform: lowercase; margin: auto; margin-left: 41px; margin-top: -13px; [/class] [class=text] font: Lato; font-size: 13px; width: 190px; text-align: center; margin: auto; margin-top: 3px; margin-left: -3px; line-height: 15px; [/class] [class=block] width: auto; padding: 0px 4px 0px 4px; font-size: 10px; display: inline-block; color: white; margin-top: 10px; [/class]
[div class=title]murdoc.
[div class=text][div class=block style="background-color: #984a4a;"]with
everyone.
[div class=block style="background-color: #984a4a;"]tags[/div] everyone
[/div]
[div class=tabs][div class="tab tab1"]
[/div][/div][/div]
Murdoc watched with dark eyes as the screen flashed in front of them, revealing a blonde man with a twisted grin and matching glint in his eyes. His words were venomous, hidden behind a sarcastic tone. With each name falling from his lips, Murdoc's eyes jumped between their faces; listening their faults one by one. For a moment, the male thought he got away with having a playground insult being thrown at him, along with Devyn. Yet, once the blonde on screen locked eyes with him and smiled, Murdoc grumbled under his breath. "Fucking Devyn."

He didn't know who the blonde weirdo was, and a part of him didn't want to know. Once the screen flickered off and they were left alone, Murdoc was surrounded by the swirl of possible ideas and suggestions from everyone. His focus darted to Nik, who had every right to be confused after what just happened with blondie. Murdoc shrugged at Nik's question, "Wouldn't know, I'm not his secretary. He could have the whole government against him and I wouldn't know."

The team's words sloshed together, only catching parts of sentences from everyone. But as Kaden made his way next to Devyn and puffed his chest, Murdoc rolled his eyes and shoved his hands into his pockets. "Was that suppose to cheer us up?" He hissed, his eyebrows narrowing together. The male sighed and rubbed his temples; he needed a moment to think, if the group could handle shutting up for one minute.

"I could try rolling something light down the hall, but I don't know if there are any weight parameters."

It was a clever idea, especially since they had a bunch of sketchy watches with them, it couldn't hurt to try. Murdoc watched as Wil bent down and rolled her watch across the floor, waiting for something -- anything -- to happen. Murdoc chewed the inside of his cheek, yet none of the tiles lowered down from the pressure, nothing clicked into place. It was pure silence. The leader frowned, his eyes glancing at his busted watch. It certainly looked safe enough to cross, but he had a gut feeling that there was something they weren't seeing. "That's it," Murdoc murmured under his breath, the thoughts in his mind finally coming together like pieces of a puzzle.

"Move." Murdoc ordered, probably for the first time in his life, as he headed to the front. He hesitated for a moment as he prepared himself, he wasn't the strongest person on the team, but God, please don't let him fuck it up. With a deep breath, Murdoc threw his watch into the air, watching with bright eyes as the contraption sliced neatly like a sharp knife cutting meat, falling into tiny pieces on the ground. A big grin grew on his lips as he turned around to face the team. "It's lasers, now we just gotta get across without cutting ourselves."
[/div]

kaden ronda

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"I'm not a broken kid. I'm a broken killer. "​

with: wil, kaden, serena, and mudoc
tags: nymphadora. nymphadora. sereiin sereiin sophie. sophie.
"No, that was my clever way of calling you an idiot bossman." Kaden replies to Murdoc snakelike hiss. He was smirked and then paid attention to the events happening. The watch was sliced up real bad, and it would hurt very badly if someone was to get caught up in those lasers. Wil checked the floor, and nothing was wrong with it but the guys and some of the girls wouldn't be able to crawl without hurting themselves badly.

Kaden was thinking, and it wasn't smart for his life what he was thinking but this could be his area of expertise. It would be too much for them to crawl under the lasers. Most of them aren't the size of Wil and would be slice to pieces if they tried to. It wasn't worth the risk, but for one of them, it could be. He was the best athletic person out of them. His role in this group was to be that person exactly. He was the only one who could flip over those lasers without serious injury. This all points to his job. He looked around, seeing everyone think about what to do next. He glanced at Murdoc, who was already looking at him. At that one shared look, they both understood that Kaden was the one to do this. He nodded at Murdoc, who again gave him a look of something...alike to concern. Kaden got the feeling if he were to die from this, Murdoc would just get Wil to bring him back and kill him himself. He smirked lightly at that but then went to deep thought about how they were going to do this.

Then a brilliant memory came to mind. Once they were training Serena and he, and Daddy Coldridge decided to be the dick he is always. Blindfolded him, and lead him into a deep forest where Serena from a remote area was supposed to scope him and his surrounds leading him out the forest. It sucked at first but they learned to trust each other, and she is the only one he could trust right now. She was his sister after all. "I have a plan, and I don't need to hear shit about it. " Kaden says softly to everyone in the room "It's the only one that could work and not kill us. Just has the potential to harm me. I'm the most athletic out of all of you, and doing a simple flip or bend is the easy thing for me. I can get through those lasers with minimum damage. " He walks to Serena who was still thinking slightly and took her hand lightly.

"Remember that shit training Daddy Coldridge made us do in the forest with the blindfold? Could you do that for me now?" He said as softly as he could to her. "You are the only one I trust to do it. To lead me. "
[/div][/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

[class=y]

[/class][div class=y]
location. ColdridgeTV Hallway | mentions. devyn, kaarle, wil, murdoc, kaden, dajana | weapons. sniper rifle, assembled. two handguns.
The Sharp-Shooter
Wow, it seemed as though Murdoc had taken her words seriously for once and actually stepped up to do something. Interesting. At his command, she grabbed the back of Wil's collar and yanked her back from the imminent danger, then watched as Murdoc threw his watch across. She saw the technology get sliced and diced as it flew down the hallway, and Serena resisted the urge to sigh. Great, lasers. Why couldn't it have been some big, bulky guys that she could have fought? Eye-candy, and something to do with her hands. The danger now understood, Serena's protective stance in front of Wil loosened, and she crossed her arms in her usual fashion. "Excellent job, wonky nose." She said dryly, with no intonation as to whether she was actually proud or just being sarcastic.

Her eyes fixated on what was in front of her, and she puzzled through, trying to figure out a way to get past the lasers. No super smart idea came to her mind, and she half-glanced at Dajana and Wil to see if anything had struck them. Hell, she even looked at Kaarle, to see if there was anything coming from him. She was just fixating her attention, about to ask if anyone brought hairspray, when a slight touch to her hand jolted her out of her thoughts. Her body tensed: when she was in the field, professionalism was a must. She relaxed when she saw that it was Kaden, and resisted the urge to give him a look. She had a reputation of a badass Zen warrior to protect, him coming around and allowing others to think that she was sweet wasn't good for his image. She'd smack her brother for forgetting later. She squeezed his hand and nodded once to let him know that she had understood and was on board, before pulling her hand away.

She spun to Dev, her back to the others. "Cover me." She whispered as she reached into the different folds and pockets of her clothing, pulling out the different parts of the sniper. She usually had it disassembled because one, if she ever got frisked, she'd be able to construct somewhat of a gun with the parts that they weren't able to find, and two, because snipers were a pain in the ass to carry around. Soon, her leather jacket's pockets were emptied, the one sitting in her bra was out, and the suspicious hairband was less of a hair accessory than it was a material for the longitudinal fluting. With her efficient hands working, Serena was able to assemble the entirety of her sniper-rifle within one minute and thirty seconds, spinning back to face the group. The time had been after years and years of practice and very dominating instructors. It got to the point where the guns were able to be assembled by Serena even if she was heavily drugged and blindfolded.

Okay, now this was an issue. She was quite short--and she needed her high vantage point to be able to see the entire situation. She half-considered sitting on the ground from an upward angle, but she knew she wouldn't be able to get the full picture from there. She glanced around the room until her eyes fixated on Merrick, the tallest of the bunch. She made her way over to him, and murmured a serious, "Thank you," in advance. She indicated that he wanted him to stay in place, then used the nearby Kaden to boost herself up to sit on Merrick's shoulder. Her rifle sprawled across her thighs, Serena adjusted her position until she was looking through the scope. A small twist of the sight gave her the correct mode that she required: the one that scattered the viewpoint particles, and soon, she was seeing the lasers.

"We are a go." She murmured intently, her eyes fixated on the view through the sight. She looked down at Merrick and gave a small smile, reserved for those who she believed deserved it. "Let me know if I'm too heavy. I'll switch off with someone." She murmured quietly, and then gave Kaden a nod. "Bendy, you are a go. First laser is about two steps in front of Murdoc, cutting at a straight horizontal. Should be at your chest level. Second laser is only a few spaces away from that laser, so don't move too much. It's at a diagonal, creating a 90 degree at the bottom left of the hallway." She began, her eyes intently seeking out the target.

tags: r e i r e i sereiin sereiin sophie. sophie. Blatherskiter Blatherskiter nymphadora. nymphadora.

[/div]

code by @pasta

post information

001 role: the medic
002 location: "the hallway"
003 mentions: murdoc, kaden, kaarle, serena, merrick, everyone else
004 tags: nymphadora. nymphadora. r e i r e i erised erised thirteen thirteen Blatherskiter Blatherskiter

DEVYN JAMES MEYER
→ "why don't you run from me?"

Devyn didn't like what this hallway was beginning to look like. Everyone seemed to be buzzing on nervous energy and those ridiculous insults from whoever the fuck that guy had been clearly weren't helping. Though he personally hadn't been targeted, he was still aware of the confusion and frustration bubbling within his team members. And yet, he refused to let them dwell on it. They could sulk later; now, they needed to focus on getting the fuck out of here. But despite that train of thought, Dev didn't miss the way their leader muttered under his breath, his ears catching what sounded to be like "fucking Devyn" or something of the like. Shaking his head, the medic let the slightest of pleased smirks tug at his full lips. He'd never get over how funny Murdoc's comments could be.

Just then, Dev felt a presence at his side and noted Kaden there, the gymnast's last statement ringing in his ears, causing the young man to let out a deep chuckle. Kade was right; no one else but them were allowed to call these people idiots. Clearly, though, Murdoc wasn't exactly in agreement. "Aw, c'mon, Murdy, we already know nothing can cheer you up," he stated, poking fun at his leader. But it was Kaarle's nudge on Devyn's shoulder next that really amused him. The medic flashed his friend a mocking roll of the eyes, but the smirk on his face was nothing short of amused. "What, I'm not allowed to smile at people now without it being called flirting?" He teased back, chuckling despite the seriousness of the situation surrounding them. It wasn't long before everyone became much more focused after their initial moments of relief with regards to escaping "the office". Now it was time to get through "the hallway". Suggestions started to get thrown out left and right, with Dev pitching in his own lame one before he decided to just let the more intelligent team members handle the logistics of the potential traps that lay ahead.

Soon, Wil was throwing her watch down the hallway, to which it triggered... nothing. Devyn frowned deeply in confusion, knowing that couldn't be right. There was absolutely no way this hallway was a safe zone. Things like that didn't exist at Coldridge. Murdoc must have sensed something similar, for he took the lead moments later and stepped up to toss his own watch through the air. In a flash of reddish light, the watch was effectively sliced up into tiny pieces, each falling to the ground like part of a deathly puzzle. "Fucking hell," Dev grumbled under his breath, no longer amused now that he was aware of the death trap set up before them. How in the fuck were they supposed to get across this?

The medic was at a loss, but it seemed Kaden wasn't. The man's voice broke the silence surrounding them, though his words weren't what Devyn had been expecting. His mind flashed back to the training session Serena had told him about once, ages ago. One in which Kade had been blindfolded, with only Ser and her sniper to get him out of the forest he'd been abandoned in. "Shit, Kade-" The dark haired man cut himself off when his friend approached Serena and took her hand, eyes narrowing slightly. But his irritation only grew when he watched her nod, clearly on board with the plan. All too soon, she was spinning towards him, demanding he cover her so she could assemble her sniper. Not about to say no, Dev released a wary sigh and stepped closer to her, ensuring no one else could see what he could right now. In any other situation, he might have joked about it or playfully risked a glance down, but his mind was too busy wondering just what the fuck was about to happen next.

He found out all too soon. One second Serena was standing there in front of him and the next? Oh boy, Dev thought to himself, his dark eyes watching in slight shock as the girl scrambled up onto Merrick's shoulders with both his and Kaden's help. Well, fuck, this was happening. Devyn wasn't sure whether to be pissed over the fact that she hadn't chosen his shoulders to climb up on (like c'mon, he was only three inches shorter than Merrick) or the idea of Kaden risking his life to get through these lasers. But why choose? He was literally pissed at all three of them now, and the smirk and narrowed eyes he shot in Merrick's direction proved the man wasn't free of Dev's displeasure at the situation. Lucky for all three of them, however, there wasn't anything he could do about it if he wanted to keep from hindering their mission. This wasn't worth getting all worked up about and besides, he didn't need any of the other team members teasing him over his stupid jealousy.

i don't really

Last edited:

kaden ronda

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]

with: serena, merrick, and dev
tags: sereiin sereiin nymphadora. nymphadora. erised erised thirteen thirteen Blatherskiter Blatherskiter
With a squezze of his hand, he knew that she understood what he was asking for. He turned to the hallway as serena got ready to lead him. Oh why, oh why was it him with the brilliant plans that could lead to his death. Sometimes he just needs to shut his mouth up and be an idiot but as he looked around seeing Dev, Murdoc, even fucking Kaarle. He knew that he would never do that. Kaden cares about them way too damn much to let them die or even get hurt. They were his family. even if they were idiots, they made him feel at home and better even if he was an assshole. He couldn't let anything happen to them. He looked at Dev who trying to hide his displeasure over this plan at them.

"Dev....." Even if he hid his displeasure, Kad would always know Dev and always know how he felt. "I will be as safest as I can be. You know with the lasers that could and probably would end my life. And I can't leave you alone can I? You'll get into more trouble then you do without me. " He smirks at him and then he felt his shoulder being used. He glanced up and saw Serena climbing on Merrick's shoulder. He nods at Merrick, he is his best friend other than Dev. There's only one person aside from Dev that he would trust with his sister and that was Merrick. He then saw Serena nod at him. Telling him that she was ready. Kaden started to stretch, and get ready. He then waited for her directions and listened closely "Got it Shoot. I'm going in. "

He carefully walked to where the first laser was and bent down. He begin to walk, once he started to walk across the laser, he felt the heat and gulped. His face inches from where the laser was. Kaden thought to him, well fuck this. He was going to die. He finished it and carefully rise up. He hissed once he felt something hot touched his arm. "Fuck.." Kaden looked down seeing a bad burn on his arm, He closed his eyes and tries not to think about the pain. He gets ready for a flip, and at a 90-degree angle, flipped over the next laser. Barely missing the laser. He landed down at the other side and froze, listening to the next directions from Shoot. "Ok Shoot, not dead yet. What's next." He felt the burns that he got from that flip. Well, Dev is gonna be pissed at him.
[/div][/div]

[class=y]

[/class][div class=y]
location. ColdridgeTV Hallway | mentions. devyn, kaden, merrick| weapons. sniper rifle, assembled. two handguns.
The Sharp-Shooter
She could feel his gaze burning on her figure, and she knew based on the way he was boring holes into her, Devyn was not pleased with her actions at all. But then again, he was rarely pleased with the actions she took, possibly because each action was dangerous and reckless in its own right. But she wasn't going to back down from this--she needed Merrick to help her see. (In all honesty, she could have used Dev, but there was nothing sexier than a man that was absolutely irritated and upset.) She focused back on the attention at hand, reprimanding herself for letting her attention stray away to her lover. Her attention now captured by her brother, she through the scope once more, her eyes narrowing in irritation at the nickname.

"Shoot, really? Stop stealing my brand, Lizard Boy." She huffed, shaking her head. Okay, seriously. She was going to have to have a real talk with her boys about not being dumbasses when in the field and blowing her reputation. Come on, people! Her eyes widened when she saw him get burned, and she hissed almost reflexively. "The point is to not die before you get there, Kaden. Just a simple reminder." It was a dry joke, but also a careful question: was he okay? Her eyes flitted to Devyn, one eyebrow raised in a silent question. 'Was he okay?' She needed the confirmation, and she wouldn't trust anyone else to give her the information.

"This should be easier." Serena said, and she shook her head once. "You're double guessing yourself. If you hadn't faltered when raising your arms, you wouldn't have gotten burned. That being said, I need you to trust me and close your eyes." Suicide, but Serena was confident in her skills. She wasn't about to let him die. "If you place one foot in front of the other, heel to toe, that is how much distance you have from the next laser. This one is a high horizontal: you can simply duck under it. The laser is currently at your head level, so you can just duck and you should be fine. Once you get under the laser, you have two steps before you reach the other laser. This is at a 45 degree angle, that hits the top right wall. I suggest you go down for this one again. Slide two paces to your right, and you'll reach the wall. Then squat and duck walk four paces, and you can stand up freely."

Her instructions were clear and precise, and a quick analysis of his strides and the depth perception rendered her able to give mathematically accurate directions. "This one's a low one, coming up to your knees. In one pace, you will hit the laser. You have three steps after the laser for room." She said calmly about the second to last laser. "The last laser is an odd angle one again, a sixty degree angle opening in the direction of the left. The laser hits exactly at your calves and your neck, so that's the spacial perception you need to get through it. Once you're through, that's it. That's the last laser." She murmured, looking up from her sight. She rubbed her neck, working out the tense knot, and went about climbing off of Merrick. But her foot caught and she ended up toppling over. As she fell, she could practically smack her forehead in disappointment at herself.

tags: sereiin sereiin Blatherskiter Blatherskiter r e i r e i

[/div]

code by @pasta

post information

001 role: the medic
002 location: "the hallway"
003 mentions: kaden, serena, merrick
004 tags: r e i r e i thirteen thirteen Blatherskiter Blatherskiter

DEVYN JAMES MEYER
→ "why don't you run from me?"

Kaden's little pep talk rang in Devyn's ears as he watched Serena climb up on Merrick's shoulders and Kade himself prepare for what might lay ahead. Despite his irritation at Ser using Merrick's shoulders instead of his own, Dev felt a churning nervousness in his stomach. This was dangerous. Kaden really could injure himself, even die. Yet he was willing to risk all of that for the mission and for his team. Swallowing thickly, the medic watched, fists clenched tightly at his sides as he anticipated things going wrong. He knew it was better to brace for the worst in these kinds of scenarios. But as Kaden announced that he was "going in", Dev felt like his breath was caught in his throat. The idea of those lasers cutting into his friend made him almost sick inside, though he forced himself to keep it together. Throwing up right now really wasn't going to help matters, was it?

Devyn breathed out a quiet gasp when, after a minute or two of navigating the lasers, one of them managed to slice up Kade's arm, effectively burning his skin as he did so. Oh, Kaden would be fine, Dev knew that, but it didn't make it any easier to accept the fact that his friend was already injured and barely halfway through this hall of death traps. "C'mon, Kade, you're so close," the medic muttered to himself, before falling silent once more as Serena guided their gymnast through the rest of the maze. It was nerve wracking to watch, but he trusted the two to handle this the best of all of them.

After what felt like centuries of tense silence (apart from Serena's guiding voice), Kaden was through the hallway, all in one piece aside from that nasty burn on his arm. Dev would have to give that a quick clean and bandage once they had a minute (and, you know, if they were still alive after this hallway), but for now, that wasn't his priority. In fact, nothing else was aside from catching Serena when he noticed her slipping off of Merrick's shoulders. In a flash, the medic was there at his best friend's side, his arms catching Ser's falling figure in a move that was smooth even for him.

"I thought we already talked about you falling for me," he whispered cheekily into her ear as he steadied her in his arms before ever so carefully placing her on her feet once more. Though he tried to keep all of the affection he felt for her out of his gaze and voice, he knew some of it leaked through. So long as no one else truly noticed, it didn't really matter, did it? Yet his hand lingered at her waist before he realized what he was doing and he quickly yanked it back to his own side, dark eyes flashing up to her face once more. He gave her an amused smirk, as if he hadn't just potentially given away all of the feelings he had for her.

i don't really

kaarle
interacting with: devyn, kaden
tags: sereiin sereiin r e i r e i
"What... I'm not allowed to smile at people now without it being called flirting?"

Kaarle rolled his eyes at the reply he received from Devyn. "Please, save it. You're already way past the flirting stage," he mumbled, being sure to keep his voice down. "You two aren't exactly quiet." he added, sending him a pointed look. He wished they'd keep it down. It wasn't all that hard-- he'd long since mastered keeping his voice down when participating in bedroom activities.

He completely ignored Serena's question, finding it pointless to answer. He never said the floor wasn't rigged, but traps and triggers along the walls seemed be more likely than a rigged floor. And sure enough, his suspicions were answered when Wil and then Murdoc rolled their watches across the floor, causing the lasers to activate.

Well, shit. This complicated things.

Kaarle stayed silent, watching as Kaden, with the assistance of Serena on Merrick's back, made his way across the laser field. When Kaden finally made it across, Kaarle's eyes narrowed. "Woohoo. Yipee. You made it across," he called. "But now you're stuck there, because there sure as shit isn't a light switch or button over there to turn off the lasers. There won't even be a control panel,"

These were high-tech lasers and there wouldn't be a way for them to turn them off. No. He'd have to see if he could find blueprints for the building, see if there was an electrical or power source to shut them off manually. Or somehow hack into the system the blond whack job was using and shut it down that way.

"Just stay there until I shut them down." he snapped at Kaden. Kaarle then whipped his backpack around, pulling out his laptop and then just plopped down onto the floor. He opened it up and logged on, then pulled up the software he had to track IP addresses. After a minute or so, he found one he recognized as being one of the desktops in Popsicle's office. Well, according to that blond, Popsicle was down for the count so his computer was fair game. Using Popsicle's IP address, Kaarle hacked into his system and eventually found the blueprints of the entire building.

Studying it for a second, he found the hallway they were currently located in and zoomed in to see if he could find the building's electrical currents. After a minute, he found them and traced along until he found the control panel/power box for this hallway. "Well, I found the blueprints with the electricity currents on them, and it looks like we could possibly shut the lasers down by destroying the control panel over there," he announced to no one in particular, pointing back towards the general area of where the control panel was.

"But I want to see if I can shut them down from my laptop, make sure they're fully off before we attempt to get across." It was always better to be safe rather than sorry. He'd have to hack into whatever power system/source the blond whacko was using to do so. Again, he ran the IP tracking software and studied all the IPs to see if there was one he didn't know.

There were two, so he decided to hack into the first. Well, that one belonged to a random restaurant and he had no idea how it got here. So the second one it was. And well... Kaarle knew it was going to be difficult but not this hard. He wasn't sure if he could do it, but he was sure going to try. He pulled up a different program, one he wrote and coded himself and ran it, waiting to see if it could hack into the system.

code by arctic

[class=y]

[/class][div class=y]
location. ColdridgeTV Hallway | mentions. devyn, kaden, kaarle / everyone| weapons. sniper rifle, disassembled. two handguns.
The Sharp-Shooter
A sharp exhale of air slipped her lips as she fell into sturdy arms and not the floor. A surprised Serena glanced upwards, confirming that it was Devyn who caught her. Of course he'd be the one to catch her. She wanted to scold him for breaking and helping her, but at the same time she really hadn't wanted a date with the ground, so she decided to let it be for the moment. Serena fought the smile that tugged at her lips, instead preferring to shake her head in mock-disappointment. "We've talked about this. You can't let your imagination run wild like that." She admonished with a teasing sparkle in her eyes. "You shouldn't wish for things that don't have a chance of happening." She responded as she was set down. "Thank you, though." She grinned, offering a soldierly pat on his shoulder before deciding that she had enough participation and went to the back to disassemble her gun.

Of course, there was the minor irritation of Kaarle too. Wasn't he supposed to be smart enough to realize that he should have probably seen whether or not he could hack into the grid or whatever before Kaden went and risked his life across lasers? It was a moment of ill-timed action, and Serena was quite close to voicing her discontent. She had zero idea why someone would be so stupid as to wait until the last minute to voice what they could or couldn't do. But hey, she wasn't a hacker. That wasn't her thing. She decided to keep quiet and strip her gun, the sniper rifle being disassembled into the singular parts and tucked back into various articles of clothing. Once free of her burden, Serena crossed her arms and leaned against the back wall, satisfied that she had participated enough. This team participation thing was completely foreign and absurd--and she preferred the lack of communication she got from her perch. Here, she had no way of isolating herself from everyone else, and this constrained space and presence of everyone was sure to make everyone crazy.

She waited for some kind of acknowledgement: was there a control panel behind the lasers? Was there a way for Kaarle to hack in? It seemed as though this stage was going by quite slower, a sharp contrast to the earlier room they had been locked in. Serena glanced down at her watch, her eyes narrowing slightly in distrust. Atleast they had had some kind of time frame or way of keeping time. Now, all she had was the black screen--which didn't prove quite useful. Not to mention, it was contaminated. Something about that rubbed her the wrong way. She glanced at the monitor, quite certain that the blonde Coldridge love-child was laughing his ass off at their predicament. Stupid sadist.

tags: @ everyone

[/div]

kaden ronda

with: serena, murdoc, and kaarle
tags: thirteen thirteen erised erised nymphadora. nymphadora.
"What the fuck..Shoot you are insane." Kaden voices as she told him her orders. Usually he would be all for it, but right now he wants to punch the shit out of her. Close his eyes, in a hallway full of lasers. Trusting her to lead out of there without fault. Kaden doesn't do the trusting thing well, and he knows full well he was going to screw this up but...it was Serena. Trusting her...is easy for some reason. Maybe it's because out of everyone even Merrick. She understands him, and doesn't try to make him into something he's not. He grins softly, knowing that his choice would be to always to trust her. Kaden sighs "Alright..I trust you Shoot and I always will. You know that idiot. "

Kaden closes his eyes. Following her directions perfectly. He did everything she said to do, it was as he was a puppet and she was the simple puppeteer. He was the little brother, after all, she was older by a few months but still...holds that over him every day. He let everything go as he listens to her and only her. He was an idiot and an asshole but she was the only one who knew the real him. She knew about his mother and his absolute hate of her. She knew everything about him, and yet she was still here, and still cared for him. Kaden just knew that she would always be here even in this world they were pushed into, the world of assassins. He followed her last directions, and then open his eyes being on the other side of the hallway. "Shoot..you did it again. You got this idiot out of the forest." He whispered quietly and then...Kaarle spoke. Kaden grits his teeth and glared at the floor.

He should have done it in the first place. Kaden didn't see him coming up with any plans until after he got through. Fucking dick. Then...he ordered him to stay there, and that just made him snap. "I sure in hell do not take orders from a know-it-all punk. " He decides to ignore Kaarle's orders. "Especially a know-it-all punk who does nothing until the last minute. " He snaps at him. "I take orders from Murdoc. Not you anyway. Don't forget you are just the hacker, not the leader. You don't give orders, you take them Kaarle. " Kaden then just sits down, and looks down at the hallway at Murdoc. He smirked, he doesn't take orders from just anybody though. Murdoc has earned his respect, and that means, he earned his loyalty. Kaarle has earned none of that. So no, he won't get ordered by a stupid boy and his computer.

"Murdoc. What do you want me to do? I mean I could wait for dumbass hacker manchild over there to get y'all here or I could go out exploring. It's up to you. "

[/div][/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back