• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom buff gf saves buff bf and chaos ensues (no clickbait). (jason & kara/private)

ratsona

rat overlord
I think it's time we both stopped lying to our family, father. It's all he can hear. It hasn't stopped ringing in his ears. The sickening sound of Dick— of that monster plunging his hand through Bruce's torso. The crunching and cracking of the ribcage, splintering bone— his own brother licking the blood of their father from his hands. How long? How many of them? Hal, Diana... How many more people were secretly vampires? How long until the world was going to fall to ruin? Kara couldn't be. Kara wouldn't be. He has to believe it. Because otherwise his backup plan is completely fucked.

The crowbar clashes against Dick's eskrima sticks, years of anger unleashed in blows against the person he called a brother. Brother. Dick's heel crashes to his jaw, smearing the remains of Tim against his chin. He'd crushed in Tim's head like it was nothing. Merely a bug under his foot. Ripped into Damian's throat. God— how the fuck was he going to explain that to Talia? He'd failed. He'd failed to protect Damian— from their own brother. The best he can do is avenge them— Bruce might have been unwilling to do that for him but Jason is sure as hell going to get payback for Tim and Damian. All that holding back, playing by Bruce's rules— no killing. But not today, not any longer.

And he's got the upperhand until Diana pounces, his neck open and weeping, coating his body in his own blood. Slowly dizzying as he feels Diana try and press her wrist to his mouth— Diana, someone he once thought of as family. "Turn him— drink, Jason. You'll see." Dick's voice is saccharine, almost sickly; Diana desperate to force her blood into his mouth as he slowly bleeds out in the arms of someone he used to trust. "Last time all you got when you came back from the dead were some unresolved daddy issues— this time much better, right?"

It's now or never. So he calls for her— Kara Zor-El. The last daughter of Krypton. Supergirl. The woman he's desperately and stupidly in love with. He's barely finished calling out to her when she appears. It's funny— how easy it is to forget how powerful she is. She's a terrifying inferno trapped inside a body, a blazing sun burning so bright it hurts his eyes sometimes. There's a crack like thunder echoing in the harbor, breaking the sound barrier as she appears; the entire world turning white for a moment.

He hears Dick yell, Diana scream and then he's gone; encased in the familiar arms of the woman he loves and thousands of miles away from his former family. It's an all consuming moment when nothing but her matters. Kara Zor-El, smashing through and he's clinging onto her for dear life, the world around him fading away as they escape the carnage that Dick had created.

"It was Dick— Kara, he's—" The words are garbled, one hand still pressed over the marks left by Diana as the wound slowly knits itself back together. He can still taste the blood in his mouth, still smell the blood of his brothers. It's coating him, layered thick to his skin like a scar. He'll scrub it off eventually but Jason doubts it will ever actually leave. It will always be there, a forever mark to remind him that he failed to save his brothers. And that he's alone now. No more Robins. But she's here— she's soft and she's safe. Dick might be the fucking Vampire King but she's the daughter of Krypton. No one is getting past her.

His other hand still clings to her, fingers intertwined as he still tries to piece everything together. It's eating him alive, burrowing into him like a parasite. How could Dick do this to them? The sinking reality about what's happened to TIm— fuck. All those years spent treating Tim like shit and for what? For him to die defending their family? And Damian... His brother. His family. Talia's going to raise hell over this. His hand shakes, voice raspy and cold eyes meet hers, "He's the King of the fucking Vampires... Right there all along, just under our fucking noses. Playing us. Diana— Hal, I don't know who else. But they're... it's the fucking end of humanity, Kara."

Last edited:
She’d been in National City stopping an armed bank robbery— another day, another crime needing to be stopped because the world never gave her a break for more than two seconds. It hadn’t taken Kara long to end the robbery; three masked men with assault rifles (normal bullets, not anything fancy) were no match for Supergirl; she was invincible after all. It’s the reason she assumes the police are cowering when she’s giving them her statement of what happened, all the while paramedics are wheeling the robbers into the nearby ambulances, all three groaning in pain.

Once she’s finished with the police, she moves on to the media that stick out like a sore thumb. She’s gotten used to the chanting of Supergirl, Supergirl, Supergirl throughout the air, along with the constant cameras recording and flashing in her face. Kara’s all smiles, doing her signature routine with the reporters until her hearing picks up a weak and faint voice. Jason’s voice from all the way in Gotham. He’d never try to get her attention unless it was urgent, which perks up her ears immediately.

Ka—

There’s not a second hesitation as she shoots up from the pavement, flying up into the cerulean sky and routing herself directly to Gotham before he even finishes saying her name. If she puts her mind to it, she can arrive there in a near-millisecond— she can thank Barry Allen for some pointers on how to gain momentum while she’s traveling at certain speeds. So she does exactly that— she uses all her strength and before she even knows it, she’s barreling directly through the Gotham Harbor and snatches Jason out of someone’s grasp. She barely even has the chance to recognize the face because she’s flying so fast, but she’d recognize the armor from anywhere— Diana. Wonder Woman, covered in blood, with potential fangs sticking out from her mouth? Beside her stands Dick Grayson, potentially with fangs in his mouth as well, gazing at the blonde with a dumbfounded look spread across his bloodied face. From what she can gather, it almost looks like a scene from a horror movie, and she hates horror movies. She stops looking and instead, continues flying them through the Gotham sky until they’re all the way back to Jason’s apartment, trying to get rid of the chills shooting themself down her spine.

He fills her in on everything happening— vampires roaming throughout Gotham, how all their friends and family members are either dead or vampires, how Dick Grayson is suddenly the King of Vampires. It seems like a never-ending list and with every addition, Kara can feel her heart sinking further into the pit of her stomach. There are few occasions where Kara feels nervous— Cat Grant calling her into her office, whenever the barista at Starbucks gets Alex’s order wrong, and whenever Jason gives her the look he’s giving her right now. The look of guilt mixed with despair, like all hope is lost.

And she can’t help but feel pessimistic either.

Her fingers tighten around his, her lips pressing themselves as she shakes her head. “Don’t say that. We’ll fix this. We have to.” She can hear the desperation in her own voice. It’s easy for her to say— she wasn’t there. She didn’t watch as their friends were murdered, she didn’t watch Clark get turned in front of her; she got the easy way out ultimately, and she knows it. She shakily inhales a deep breath, her eyes closing for a moment as she composes herself. She blinks and speaks from her heart.

“This is really fucked up. I know it is and I’m really sorry. I am so sorry about Bruce, Damian, Tim… even Dick because I can’t imagine how much that hurt.” Spoken like she’s seated inside a confessional, her fingers untangle from his as she rises from the couch they’ve been sitting on. Dick was his brother. It’d been like a knife through the back, the ultimate betrayal. Her hands run themselves through her hair, Kara beginning to pace throughout the living room. “If you don’t want to do anything else, I understand. You’ve lost so much today and… I get it. But, I think I need to do something, or at least try to do something.” (I need to do something— I can do something, I know I can.) She’s the Daughter of Krypton, invincible to most, and if she doesn’t try to stop this, she’ll regret it for the rest of her life.

And she can’t live with that guilt— she knows herself too well.

She stops pacing for a moment, her eyes retreating back on Jason as she swallows. “Are you going to call Talia?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back