• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Broken World

Kyero

Three Thousand Club
Hey guys!

Kyero here, and welcome to Broken World!!

This PRE-Apocalyptic Zombie RP will put our characters right in the thick of one of the world's most popular genres. But unlike most there is a way to return zombies to normal which will become a major focal point of the story at a later time.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have, and please have patience as I have requested new pages be added to the RP and will fill them with information once they have been approved by the moderators/admins!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i have no anime pic(on account that they lack in race diversity and i mainly do east/west africa, indian, middle eastern and occasionally black characters. so i hope a non anime pic will be okay)

[QUOTE="aja maji]yeah i have no anime pic(on account that they lack in race diversity and i mainly do east/west africa, indian, middle eastern and occasionally black characters. so i hope a non anime pic will be okay)

[/QUOTE]
Anime is preferred, but if you must go with a CG or realistic pic then that's fine.

mmmmmmm just for you i'll compromise, tho i have to change the angle for my character but it's fine. I love your characters, and are they mixed? cus there suuuuuuper tall to be japanese, i wish i had good genes like that xD

[QUOTE="aja maji]mmmmmmm just for you i'll compromise, tho i have to change the angle for my character but it's fine. I love your characters, and are they mixed? cus there suuuuuuper tall to be japanese, i wish i had good genes like that xD

[/QUOTE]
Haha. Actually their height is what it is purely because I feel like it. I have met a few Japanese who are naturally in the 5' 8" to 6' 2" range, though they are rare. Still, it happens so I decided they'd be among those special few, so to speak.

Hi everyone!

To those who have submitted characters, thank you very much for doing so. I will start the RP tomorrow and give all of us time to settle into the RP and to give our characters enough time to get established in their lives so we all know what to expect when the world goes to Hell in the hand basket.

Also, I updated one of the rules about being communicative. Please pop by the OOC and post at least once a day even if it's just to pop in, say "hello," and then leave for the day.

RP's die very commonly because of a lack of OOC chatter, so don't let that happen here. Posting is fine, but remember that sometimes the notification system here is faulty and doesn't work the way it's intended. Please don't let that stop you. Post in the OOC to say "hi" for the day or get into a conversation. That's what this OOC is for, after all.

Thank you!

I have a question @Kyero!! Since we are looking for close interaction between the characters should it be a thing for our characters to be around the same age/stage-in-life (as in they are all in school or they are about to go to college or whatever), or it doesn't matter?

Mayhem said:
I have a question @Kyero!! Since we are looking for close interaction between the characters should it be a thing for our characters to be around the same age/stage-in-life (as in they are all in school or they are about to go to college or whatever), or it doesn't matter?
Ultimately it doesn't matter, but it would be easier for our characters if they were relatively the same age. But then again, drama and struggle are part of what make role-playing fun. Especially for an RP like this. So whatever age you want is fine, even if it's a child.

I would be interested in joining this if it's still open?

By the way everyone, I edited the IC page's introductory post to include my first real IC post. It's a basic establishment setup for my characters.

@aja maji - You are free to post. Happy posting!

@NunuSama - Your profile's biography falls short of the Character Sheet requirements. I know it sounds nit-picky, but those requirements are there for a reason. Please make sure that at least three of those paragraphs contain a minimum of five sentences. Right now, only 1 of them does. Once you have fixed that, you are free to post.

@JW Suzusihi - You're in the same boat as NunuSama. Please make sure your bio has at least 3 paragraphs which have a minimum of 5 sentences. Right now only 1 of the sentences reaches that requirement. Once you fix this, you're free to post.

@Mayhem - Your personality section falls just shy of the requirements, so please go back and count your sentences. Once both paragraphs have 5 sentences, it's done. Your bio has only 2 paragraphs, and I require 3. Please make those changes and you're free to post.

@Mine - I know your character is a WIP, but even so I feel I should warn that tour Description is a sentence short of the requirements. Please be sure to add one more to fulfill the requirement. Once you finish your bio and the profile is 100% finished, please let me know and I'll check it again to make sure it fulfills all the requirements. If it does, you'll be free to post.

Thank you guys!

Ok. I actually just went by sentence count so there should be 3 paragraphs of stuff in the bio, but if I have to I'll fix it. I guess.

Kyero said:
By the way everyone, I edited the IC page's introductory post to include my first real IC post. It's a basic establishment setup for my characters.
@aja maji - You are free to post. Happy posting!

@NunuSama - Your profile's biography falls short of the Character Sheet requirements. I know it sounds nit-picky, but those requirements are there for a reason. Please make sure that at least three of those paragraphs contain a minimum of five sentences. Right now, only 1 of them does. Once you have fixed that, you are free to post.

@JW Suzusihi - You're in the same boat as NunuSama. Please make sure your bio has at least 3 paragraphs which have a minimum of 5 sentences. Right now only 1 of the sentences reaches that requirement. Once you fix this, you're free to post.

@Mayhem - Your personality section falls just shy of the requirements, so please go back and count your sentences. Once both paragraphs have 5 sentences, it's done. Your bio has only 2 paragraphs, and I require 3. Please make those changes and you're free to post.

@Mine - I know your character is a WIP, but even so I feel I should warn that tour Description is a sentence short of the requirements. Please be sure to add one more to fulfill the requirement. Once you finish your bio and the profile is 100% finished, please let me know and I'll check it again to make sure it fulfills all the requirements. If it does, you'll be free to post.

Thank you guys!

I think my CS is complete at last, @Kyero, I apologize for the delay. Hope it's acceptable too.

I made just a few adjustments to his Hobbies, by the way.

Mine said:
I think my CS is complete at last, @Kyero, I apologize for the delay. Hope it's acceptable too.

I made just a few adjustments to his Hobbies, by the way.
Your character is all set and you may post when ready.

Just to make sure, all our characters live in the same place, yes? Sorry for the stupid question...

[QUOTE="JW Suzusihi]Ok. I actually just went by sentence count so there should be 3 paragraphs of stuff in the bio, but if I have to I'll fix it. I guess.

[/QUOTE]
Three paragraphs with no fewer than five sentences each. That means that in your bio, no matter how many paragraphs you create, at least three of those paragraphs must have a minimum of five sentences each. Trying to space out the information across 8 or so paragraphs of 2, 3, and 4 sentence bunches does not fulfill the requirements set by the character sheet.

As I mentioned to everyone in my tagged message those requirements are there for a reason (actually two reasons), and those reasons are to see who can pay attention and follow directions without protest and to see which among this who join have the ability to push through the constraints I've set for them to create a character that's deep, well thought out, and which will contribute to the RP rather than just take up space.

As composer Igor Stravinsky once said, "The more constraints one imposes, the more one frees oneself. And the arbitrariness of the constraint serves only to obtain precision of execution." In other words when you're forced to work a certain way, your creativity has a chance to truly shine once you let go of the idea that those constraints are actually limiting your capabilities or placing a burden on you. Open your eyes to what you have available to you and the possibilities become endless (and three measly paragraphs with five sentences each become child's play).

I hope I am wrong but I feel as though I may be wasting my breath so to speak. But I am an honest role-player and feel I should warn you that by observing your (paraphrased) response of "I'll fix it I guess," I am beginning to have doubts about you. Such a crass attitude is not becoming of a respectable role-player and sends a red flag to me as the GM that your attitude could potentially make your involvement more trouble than it's worth. Again, I do hope I am wrong about you in that respect but that response doesn't leave me with a lot of enthusiasm.

As the GM I can only ask that those who wish to be involved give it their best effort and follow the directions. I cannot force anyone to stay if they feel that my method of running my role-play is not to their liking. If you no longer wish to be involved then you are free to leave whenever you'd like.

Ultimately I would like you to remain involved as I like the way your character has turned out and think they'd make a fine addition to the RP. But as the GM I cannot ignore the lapse in adherence to the character sheet nor can I overlook the response of "I'll fix it I guess."

The choice to stay or leave is up to you.

Saturn said:
@Kyero
I'm pretty much done, as well. (Unless there's anything you think I should change.)
Add one paragraph to the "Personality" section and both characters will be good to go and may post when ready. If you need a bit of help fleshing those sections out to reach the two paragraph with five sentences each requirement, then just let me know and I'll provide you with some simple questions to answer which will help you finish the job.

Mine said:
Just to make sure, all our characters live in the same place, yes? Sorry for the stupid question...
It's not a stupid question at all.

But for the sake of this being a group RP, everyone will have to be in roughly the same area as otherwise they'll never meet and the RP will become a mess of mismatched stories of survival which will quickly kill the mood.

So long as your character is in Japan somewhere within around 50 miles or so of the city of Tokyo, our characters will all find each other soon enough and that will be good enough to start. We don't need to force everyone to start together unless you'd prefer to have at least someone to interact with right off the bat in which case we can make it so.

Let me know which you'd prefer between being in the area or in direct contact and we'll make it happen.

Kyero said:
It's not a stupid question at all.
But for the sake of this being a group RP, everyone will have to be in roughly the same area as otherwise they'll never meet and the RP will become a mess of mismatched stories of survival which will quickly kill the mood.

So long as your character is in Japan somewhere within around 50 miles or so of the city of Tokyo, our characters will all find each other soon enough and that will be good enough to start. We don't need to force everyone to start together unless you'd prefer to have at least someone to interact with right off the bat in which case we can make it so.

Let me know which you'd prefer between being in the area or in direct contact and we'll make it happen.
Thank you very much for enlightening me on this!

I think I'll have my character in Tokyo if that's okay. Perhaps it's best if I make him have Japanese roots in his family to make the setting more believable, given how "secluded" Japan is towards foreign presence.

While having someone to interact right off the bat sounds wonderful, I do not wish to impose on anyone's writing but thank you for the extremely generous offer!

Mine said:
Thank you very much for enlightening me on this!
I think I'll have my character in Tokyo if that's okay. Perhaps it's best if I make him have Japanese roots in his family to make the setting more believable, given how "secluded" Japan is towards foreign presence.

While having someone to interact right off the bat sounds wonderful, I do not wish to impose on anyone's writing but thank you for the extremely generous offer!
Not a problem.

Crap, I had NO idea it was in Japan. There aren't a lot of puerto rican immigrants in Japan so I guess I'll have to figure it out or something.

@Kyero I added what was missing, hopefully it works better now.

Mayhem said:
Crap, I had NO idea it was in Japan. There aren't a lot of puerto rican immigrants in Japan so I guess I'll have to figure it out or something.
@Kyero I added what was missing, hopefully it works better now.
Your profile is coming along, but it still falls short.

Your first paragraph in your Personality section is only 4 sentences long and the last two paragraphs in your bio are too short as well. Consider breaking up those longer sentences into multiple parts as a simple solution to the problem.

Once you count five sentences in each category, let me know and I'll take another look.

Wait we are in Japan?!?. DANG IT. Now I have to start all the way over I've been working on my response for 20 mins DX

@aja maji I was worried it was only me, and my bbcode-destroying-hands!!!! I can't type some symbols or add anything cause the whole thing just gets WEIRD and I have to fix it every 10 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back