• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Half-Breed Institution

Shog

The Infinite Being
Dear (insert character name here),

I am happy to inform you that you have been invited to spend your summer with us and learn more about yourself, your heritage, and the world around you. There is far more to you than meets the eye. You are what is known as a "Half-Breed", meaning you are half human and half mythical creature. You possess power beyond any other human on earth and we wish to help you unlock that power. You may deny this invitation, but there are great dangers out there that will track you down and kill you, or worse. I advise coming with us to safety and learn how to protect yourself from the world.

Sincerely,

Kelly Robertson, Principle of Half-Breed Institution

You receive this letter one day ear the end of the school day with travel arrangements already made including a plane ticket (if necessary) and instructions for finding a boat that would take you to an island in the Bermuda Triangle.

Ivan strode off of the boat and looked around. Everything looked so tropical and warm. He didn't like it. In the distance there was a snowy mountain that he wanted to get to as soon as possible. He wasn't even going to question how the climate could change so drastically on one island as long as he could visit the cold and snow. The entire trip to the island he sat alone in a corner and watched everyone else interact with each other. He got a few off glances, surely because of his white hair, but he was used to it at this point.

A few people were directing the new students down a path through a small patch of jungle to a clearing. What looked like an ancient amphitheater stood proud, taking up the entire space. A sound shell backed the stage and a small raised stadium of what appeared to be marble curved around it. Just at the entrance of the clearing someone took his bags and stacked them with a bunch of others, all with students names on them. He was assured that they would be delivered to his room and no one else would mess with them. Ivan decided it was best not to argue and made his way to the almost empty top row of the seating and took residence in a corner, waiting for orientation to begin.

Shog said:
Ivan strode off of the boat and looked around. Everything looked so tropical and warm. He didn't like it. In the distance there was a snowy mountain that he wanted to get to as soon as possible. He wasn't even going to question how the climate could change so drastically on one island as long as he could visit the cold and snow. The entire trip to the island he sat alone in a corner and watched everyone else interact with each other. He got a few off glances, surely because of his white hair, but he was used to it at this point.
A few people were directing the new students down a path through a small patch of jungle to a clearing. What looked like an ancient amphitheater stood proud, taking up the entire space. A sound shell backed the stage and a small raised stadium of what appeared to be marble curved around it. Just at the entrance of the clearing someone took his bags and stacked them with a bunch of others, all with students names on them. He was assured that they would be delivered to his room and no one else would mess with them. Ivan decided it was best not to argue and made his way to the almost empty top row of the seating and took residence in a corner, waiting for orientation to begin.
Zadock had made a similar trip except he had kept a book and kept to himself. He was worried that he may say the wrong thing or come across as a nerd like he was back home. Hoping for a fresh start Zadock made his way to the amphitheatre staring at it and truly appreciating the architecture and thought that had gone into it.

Andrew stepped off the boat and took a good stretch. Being on that boring boat so long almost drove him insane. He looked around and saw other people walk towards a clearing. 'Heh guess i'll follow the crowd' he thought and followed everyone until he arrived at what look like a huge amphitheater. He looked around and saw some seats. He sat in the middle with his arms stretched out and his feet propped. 'Wonder when the show will start' he thought

Still feeling the jetlag from the plane ride Agate trying to feel better by eating a few sweets that he took along with him. Throwing his bags into the pile Agate followed along with all the others taking a place in the middle of the orientation hall wondering when it'll start "whoa there are quite a few people here all the more friends I can make and play with" he said smiling as he took a bite of his chocolate bar then licking his fingers slowly looking around.

Haru stepped off the boat a little tired and sleepy. This place should have been around thirteen hours behind Sapporo. In other words, noon there would be night from where she's from. The climate was also strange to her since she has never been to a jungle before. After a while, she placed her luggage down where everybody else had theirs and followed everyone into an amplitheater. She just went into the middle and laid down on one of the rows.

Kiro practically skipped off the boat as happy as he was to finally be on land again. He wasn't much of a sea person. Or a sky person for that matter. Yet, land was were he ruled. Especially the jungle. Placing his luggage down near the others he joined everyone else.

Corban jumped off the boat as quickly as he could. He didn't know what it was but he didn't like being on a boat or any vehicle that had anything to do with water. He didn't get seasick but the whole time on the boat he just couldn't help feeling extremely nervous. Maybe because he had never been on a boat before? Whatever the case he decided that it was over and he was back safe and sound on land so there was no reason to dwell on it any longer. He tossed his bags near the others and took a seat in the middle of the second row of seating in the ampitheater.

Danny kept her hood up as she stepped off of the boat that had carried them to the island. Her red hair was still clearly visible beneath the cowl of her black hoodie, but that wasn’t the point of the hood. The sun was shining - rather bright and annoying - and Danny didn’t want to look at it right now. Something about the boat ride, simply being on the sea, had made her grumpy. While she did see people - the people she would presumably be staying with - she didn’t want to talk to them right now. When she did get one or two strange stares, Danny glared back at them. They probably didn’t understand her hoodie. How could she possibly be wearing it when it was so warm? Danny, however, came from a warm place so the warmth was nothing.

Danny followed the others as they walked where they were directed. She carried her single duffel bag and a backpack. There came a point where there was a pile of bags and a person was collecting them from the students as they passed. Danny handed them her duffel bag and continued to walk when she felt a tug on her backpack - apparently they wanted to take that too. Danny turned to face whoever it was who tried to take her stuff and her eyes focused on them fiercely. “No!” She exclaimed, her voice did not falter nor waiver. “No one takes this bag but me!” The person quickly raised their hands in a show of innocence and Danny walked into the amphitheater with her backpack still firmly strapped to her back. She took a seat in the front row right in the center. Even in her grumpiness, she had to admit she was curious to find out what this was all about.

Quim followed the other whilst examining the island under his green-tinted sunglasses. The weather was 'off' to say the least. That is, going from tropical to tundra in a few miles. Quim took a seat in the amphitheater and waited for something to happen. This weird island in combination with boat ride was making for an unusual day.

A tall and slender woman with waveb black hair and sea green eyes walked onto stage when everyone was in the auditorium. She strode to a microphone in the center of the stage and began speaking. At once everyone fell silent. "I am Kelly Robertson, the principle here at Half-Breed institution. I'm sure you are aLl confused on what is going on right now. Many of you probably think this is some sort of a parang, but I can assure you it is not. Remember all of those myths you used to hear as a child about wonderous creatures and heroes? They were all real; each and every one of them. But that is not why you are here. All of you grew up with only one parent or a had a step-parent as well. That is because your other parent is not human. They are some sort of mythical creature. We train you here so you know how to defend yourselves, as you will eventually be mediators between the magical and mortal worlds. This is a lot to take in right now, so I will explain more at lunch. To your right is several rooms where your councilor is waiting for you. They will help you find out who you truely are." She then stepped back from the microphone and water for people to move on. Ivan didn't want to be caught in a line because it would most likely lead to a conversation, so he hopped up and headed down the stairs. He found the room he was supposed to go in and entered.

(It is late here and I don't want to write about what happens next just yest, so be patient. Whatever you do, DO NOT wright about what happens in the rooms yet. Wait for my example tomorrow and follow that.)

Shog said:
A tall and slender woman with waveb black hair and sea green eyes walked onto stage when everyone was in the auditorium. She strode to a microphone in the center of the stage and began speaking. At once everyone fell silent. "I am Kelly Robertson, the principle here at Half-Breed institution. I'm sure you are aLl confused on what is going on right now. Many of you probably think this is some sort of a parang, but I can assure you it is not. Remember all of those myths you used to hear as a child about wonderous creatures and heroes? They were all real; each and every one of them. But that is not why you are here. All of you grew up with only one parent or a had a step-parent as well. That is because your other parent is not human. They are some sort of mythical creature. We train you here so you know how to defend yourselves, as you will eventually be mediators between the magical and mortal worlds. This is a lot to take in right now, so I will explain more at lunch. To your right is several rooms where your councilor is waiting for you. They will help you find out who you truely are." She then stepped back from the microphone and water for people to move on. Ivan didn't want to be caught in a line because it would most likely lead to a conversation, so he hopped up and headed down the stairs. He found the room he was supposed to go in and entered.
(It is late here and I don't want to write about what happens next just yest, so be patient. Whatever you do, DO NOT wright about what happens in the rooms yet. Wait for my example tomorrow and follow that.)
Zadock stood up and closed his book and shuffled soundlessly to where the rooms were but instead of entering Zadock hesitated. For the first time since he could remember Zadock was doing something new and he was nervous.

"Now this is extremely interesting I thought this was just some kind of crazy boot camp dad signed me up for but now this changes everything" he says as he casually looks for the room he belongs to and smiles opening the door ready for whatever's next.

Haru turned her laid down head at the strange woman that was on the stage. "The monsters are real," she said to herself in a low and drowsy voice," what kind of camp is this? Has my dad entered a cult?" Either way, she got up and head to her right to one of the rooms that the wierd lady had talked about during her speech. Though Haru did worship Shinto, she didn't believe a lot of myth both from it and from other places. She considered them just 'good literature' at the time they were created.

Andrew chuckled "heh my dad's a monster huh? Well i guess that explains alot." He got up and started walking to the room 'but that means everyone else here is half something too.' He thought 'this should be fun' he grinned and entered the room

Nahla had been chatting with some blind triplet girls, while she walked to get in line for the rooms. They had seemed.nice except for the fact that they always were arguing about why the oldest got the gold tooth or the nice glass eyes. When she got to her line the triplets had walked off to another. That is when Nahla began thinking about how maybe this whole myth school thing might explain her weird dry skin problems when she get hit with water. Nahla just hoped she wouldn't have to sing any time soon.

A small girl in red spent the boat ride by her lonesome, only gaining small bouts of seasickness every now and then. She looked out of a place, different; she didn't look any older than 13, so how had she been invited when this trip was specifically for adolescents? But, truth be told, she was one of the oldest on the cruise. She hadn't spoken to anyone, hadn't interrupted anyone, yet she seemed to retain a look of half-scorn and maybe annoyance.

As the boat everyone was riding on finally slowed to a stop at the docks, the girl awaited until everyone dispersed from the vessel to do so as well. The old wooden dock reverberated and creaked under her feet, a soft and sonorous noise as with every step. She then passed an individual who had seemed to be taking luggage. She handed them the handle on her belongings.

They noted her name—Demetria Valeska Zarkotideus—a long name for such a small girl. Along with her name were other bits of necessary information that would go on suitcases: •17•Parthenopaeus Drive, Thessaloniki, Greece, EU•231 03 567 895•

All information labels that would say Name, Address, etc. were all in Greek(as well as in a finely-written script), but there was a slip of paper attached to one of the zipper with translation.

Everyone soon began to all go in one general direction, so the girl—more formally known as Demetria—followed, last in line of the rather large crowd. The place where they had all been shipped to was like an ancient jungle, kind of like the locations of any Indiana Jones movie. She followed everyone into what seemed to look like an amphitheater in the middle of a dense jungle biome. It was quite vintage looking, with white marble and building materials as such. Demetria assumed this was for some sort of debriefing or orientation, so she took a seat somewhere in the front of the room. She had gotten used to having to sit closer to the front, or she wouldn't be able to see otherwise, being the height of an early middle schooler.

Soon after everyone took their seats a rather lanky woman took place in the middle of the stage in the forefront of the amphitheater. She introduced herself as the principal and began the debriefing on why everyone was here. She began to touch on how all the stories that everyone heard when a child were true, all true.

What stupid shit. Of course those 'stories' aren't real. Demetria thought to herself, crossing her arms while in her seat.

The woman went on and on about theories and mythical stories as if everyone had absolutely no idea about them as such. She then informed everyone that there were councilors for everyone so that they could 'figure out who they truly are'. Demetria laughed to herself. She must think that we're all freaking idiots, because obviously, those are all just fairy-tales and myths.. She thought to herself, deciding against going to see one of the 'councilors'. She knew exactly what she was, and exactly 'who' she was. She didn't need the help of a 'trained professional' to know that she wasn't human or from the mundane realm. Because she was, and that was pretty obvious.

"Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?" ~ Gerard Way

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE: 2001— FOREVER

Last edited by a moderator:
Stepping off the plane Anli let a huge sigh of relief she was glad to get off that hovering metal deathtrap. She didn't hate flying per say, shewasn't a big fan of being trapped somewhere with no where to run. The thought of her being stuck strapped in a metal cylinder with wings that could crash at any minute well that terrified her to no end. Her hands still quivering she held her carry on bag. She looked around at the scenery, it was nice, although she missed the lush forest area at home. Great 3 minutes here and I'm already homesick, oh gosh what am I gonna do. Stay calm Anli, remember what grandmother said, deep breaths stay calm, find your inner peace. Inner peace, Inner peace. Oh there are some people gathering. Oh gods crowds, inner peace, inner peace, inner peace..... She began to walk towards the crowd of students. Something she was avidly against, but it seem like someone was about to make an announcement.

After the woman finished and stared at her dumbfounded. Mythical creatures? One of my parents? Anli didn't know much about her parents. Whenever she asked her grandmother about them she would always reply "They were lost." That was all she knew about them. She resented her grandmother for not telling her more about her parents and what they were like, but she didn't want to upset her grandmother. Everytime she brought up her parents, her grandmother's wrinkles would sag and her eyes grew distant, she looked so sad.

So very sad.....

Anli shook the thought out of her head and tried to pay attention. No Anli you need to find peace, there is no need to let the sad stuff bring you down. I am here to find out about my heritage, so what if I lied to my grandmother about going on a school vacation. Anli knew her grandmother would disapprove if she told her she was going here. So she lied and told her she was going to a study school abroad in Hawaii. She knew it was wrong, but she needed to understand who she is. To do that she needed to know who she was. Maybe then I can find true peace....

As the woman finished her speech, which Anli didn't hear a word of, the crowd suddenly began to move. Startled she took a few steps back afraid she might get trampled by the crowd. She looked around scared, she clutched her bag. She appeared as if in any second she would bolt.

Robert stepped off the boat, stretching and rolling his shoulders, 'Lotta people, huh? Guess it makes sense. Looks like I'm not the only recruit for whatever this show is.' He thought to himself. 'Don't like it. Too many people, making me tense. Lotta high society folk here.' He rubbed his neck. 'Guess I'll head to where everyone else is.' Robert decided to follow the crowd, heading to where everyone else was, sighing to himself. He found a seat relatively far away from other people. He listened to the speech, eyes closed taking it all in with a deep breath. 'Okay... Makes sense I suppose. That's a lot to take in but that's fine. I'm calm and this shit just got much more interesting.' He thought to himself, eyes closed, breathing in deeply.

Aouli shakily got off the boat doing his best not to make his knees collapse from under him. “I never want to get on another boat. I was surrounded completely by water, what if I fell in? I’m a klutz it’s a miracle I made it to this place and only stubbed my toe once.’ He thought as he leaned against a tree. Once he was certain he wouldn’t vomit or collapse he followed the crowd and walked to a huge amphitheater.

He didn’t like the fact that people he never met before took his over the shoulder bag, but he didn’t argue in fear of missing something important. And he knew there was no way he could ask someone to tell him what he missed.

So with as little delay as possible he headed to an area where no one was at. He sat down and held onto his hood making sure it was impossible to see his face unless you under him. He quietly listened to what the women said and was only semi shocked when he found out he was half a mythological creature.

That’s not that surprising, I guess. I knew I was a freak ever since I ruined that kids birthday. At least now I know the reason I’m such an outcast is because of my father and my own idioticy. He thought as he gripped onto his hood tighter. When the women was done speaking he stayed in the amphitheater making sure he got in no one’s way as everyone else left.

Inside the room was a woman with light brown hair who appeared to be in her mid 40's. She was sitting on a rug cross-legged in front of a fire pit. Above the fire was a metal tray with several items (mainly herbs) that released a confusing mixture of aromas into the air. "Please, sit," she said gesturing to an open place across from her with the fire between them. "This is a fairly simple process. Your mind must be a blank slate, which the aromas will help with. Close your eyes and we can begin." Ivan did as she instructed and she continued. "You cannot change until you truly accept what you are. Think back to your childhood. There were times when strange and unexplainable things happened to you." She waited until she was sure he had at least a small collection of such events in mind. "Those were all because of you. Your power was uncontrolled and reacted to a strong emotion you had at the time. The most common times such events occur is when you were angry, sad, or fearful." She stopped once again. When she sensed he accepted that he was the cause, much influenced by the mix of aromas, she moved on. "When you transform, at least for the first few times, you must feel a strong emotion. The trick is figuring out what that emotion is. Hold out your palms face up above the fire." Ivan was a bit hesitant, but complied. The councilor then placed her hands on his. Nothing seemed to happen except for her humming some tune Ivan did not recognize. After what felt like forever, but could not have been more than 2 minutes she let go. "You make take your hands back now. To learn to successfully shift you must feel a strong sense of helplessness. Think of a time when you felt powerless to do anything. Just think of a memory where that emotion is overpowering, and then maintain focus on it until you no longer feel yourself changing." Ivan thought back to elementary school. His mother had started dating again and she invited what seemed like a great new boyfriend over to their apartment. He insisted on sending me away because he refused to raise a child who was not truly his own. Ivan's mother objected and they got into a giant argument. It escalated quickly and he hit her. Ivan ran over to him and kicked his shin as hard as his small foot could. He cursed and shoved him in a closet, shoving a chair in front of the door to lock him in. he heard everything they were saying including what could only be physical abuse. Eventually the land lord came over to figure out what all the noise was and called the police and had the man arrested on child abuse and assault. it ended up fine, but the mental scar stuck with him forever. He was so focused on the memory that he almost didn't feel himself growing. "Stop, your done," the councilor said, concerned about the mental strain he was enduring. "he opened his eyes and noted that everything seemed to have shrunk a bit. No, he actually grew! He was covered in blue scales from head to toe and had claws, a tail, and wings! He still stood like a human, though and was no where near the size of an actual dragon. "Dragons, aren't all that common these days. I'm sure you're hungry, so go get lunch. I can't tell you how to shift back, so you will need to figure that out on your own.' He felt his eyes bulge a bit.

"You mean walk out there like this in front of everyone?" he asked in disbelief. His voice seemed to have dropped an octave or two, but that was not his focus at the moment.

"Everyone else will also transform, don't worry about it," she said reassuringly and gestured towards the door. He hesitantly walked out of the room. Many people gasped in shock when he walked out, and several close to him backed a way a bit. He noted not one else was out yet, so he was the first to have changed.

'Great' he thought. 'Now everyone will remember me for being the first to change.' He picked up his pace and hurried to the lunch room.

(Yes, I understand that was a long post. You don't have to go into the detail I did, but there is the general outline of what happens. Your emotion that causes you to change can be the same as someone else's or completely different, I don't care.)

Robert looked at the people begin to shuffle off as he took in a deep breath. It made sense in it's own way. Being different, being born different. He always was a bit of an odd duck, never quite fitting in, preferring to be in the outer ring of society rather than the inners. He sighed, looking at the other kids. They look shaken up, to say the least. A large constant buzz in the air as people conversed and thought to themselves. Part of him wondered what he was, if this meant why he was in a foster home. Part of him knew it irrelevant. To focus on such relatively tiny, unchangeable differences made no sense and he knew it.

He sighed getting up, rubbing his shoulders. If this was how it was to be, then he would just have to roll with it. He was meant to be here, that much is clear. His birth was out of his hands and what he was was out of his hands. What he could focus on now was learning what he is and how to best control and use it. He went to where the councilors were, patiently waiting in line for his turn. When it came he sat down, looking straight ahead and his instructor, "Now. Close your eyes and take a deep breathe, breathe in the aromas around you. Let your mind be clear and begin to wander." Bull took in a deep breath, feeling his lungs and sinuses fill with the heavily scented air. He thought back to his small home town. How he'd walk everywhere whenever it wasn't too hot outside. How he enjoyed the feeling of the breeze against his skin, the clear air, the small town. He sighed as he remembered the time he was hit by a car, only to find that the only thing that was injured was the car, not himself. How he stood in shock that somehow the car was totaled but he was alright. It was written off as a miracle, divine intervention, but now he wondered if it was something else. Just when he felt himself go deeper into his subconscious, he heard a creak, and a crack, and a sudden crash as the floorboards gave way to him. He looked around. He was bigger, much bigger, wow he was huge. He tried lifting himself up, only to have his hands go through the floor too. He looked at his hands, they were far more muscled, a bit of fur, and his fingers were very thick. He looked down, stepping out gingerly, the floor cracking as he did so, sheepishly looking at the councilor who cleared her throat, "Well, it appears as though you are a minotaur. We ask you do be careful in that form and don't break too many things." She looked at Robert, "Go ahead and leave through the opening, get used to this form, you will not be alone." Robert nodded as he tried tiptoeing out, only to cause more holes in the floor as he stepped out. His feet made loud stamping noises as he walked, the ground giving way as he moved. Being this heavy was going to take some getting used to.

Andrew looked around at the people changing 'hmm so therapy does help' he thought 'guess i'll give it a shot.' He closed his eyes and thought back to his childhood. He remember back when he was 10 or 11, he wasnt a very popular kid. Kids always said he was weird and looked at him like scum just because he acted different and it made him so...mad that he should be the one they picked on. Why not someone else? Eventually it got out of hand. At lunch one day a huge group of students just gathered around him and picked on him. "Haha andy has no friends what a freak!" They would say. He could remember that he closed his eyes for a few minutes and wish they would just go away and when he opened them all the students where either on the floor unconscious or hiding uder tables terrified. After that he had to be home schooled the rest of his life, but he could still remember how much those kids angered him. He eventually felt something cold and wet on his hands. He opened his eyes to see purple crystals on his hands? They were on his legs too going up passed his knees and on his head covering up his hair giving him crytal spikes for hair. "It seems you are a half shadow demon" the woman said "those things on your hands, feet, and head are shadows. They've just turned solid on you." Andrew grinned deviously "thank you doc i just LOVE my new look" he said leaving the place still grinning widely 'this should make life alot funner for me' he thought 'now for food' he started heading to the lunch room

After Danny heard the speech, questions raced through her head like wildfire. She practically ran to the cabin she was directed towards and when Danny arrived, she found a woman. The room itself had this weird aroma which Danny couldn’t quite describe if she had been asked, but she knew right away that she didn’t like it. There was also a fire - at the sight of this Danny backed away slightly. In general, fires didn’t like her. “Come here, girl,” the woman beckoned. Danny hesitantly lowered her hood revealing her vivid red hair - it very nearly matched the color of the fire itself.

“I don’t think bringing me any closer to the fire would be a good idea,” she replied, her voice slightly off. It almost sounded as though she was hoping the woman would still request her approach. This might be the way to get answers.

“No worries, girl. While I am here, no harm may come to you,” the woman explained and Danny ceased to argue. She sat in the chair that was placed across from the woman. “Hold out your hands, place them in mine,” the woman instructed, and Danny complied. “Now, this will not work until you have come to accept that you know you are not like the other humans you’ve encountered. Back in your childhood, you were marked by something - some accident, some uncontrolled or unexplained event and you were the cause.” She paused, watching Danny’s eyes for some sort of response.

Danny considered. There honestly wasn’t anything she could remember that sounded like that, however, she had heard stories of the reason why she didn’t live with her mom. Danny, as a child, was having a temper tantrum - she had only been 2 at the time. Her mom was trying to calm her down and in her distraction, apparently she had forgotten to tend to the fire. By the time her mom had paid it any notice, it had outgrown the fire place and their house burned down. Her mom was charged with endangering her child’s life and thus Danny spent her years in foster care. Could the fire really have been her fault? Her rage had expanded it causing it to grow. Danny considered the likely possibility.

When the woman saw the resolve in Danny’s eyes, she continued, “The change will require some strong emotion the first few times you experience it. Through use of these fumes and the presence of the fire, I can help to deduce what that emotion might be for you. Close your eyes.” Danny listened and did as she was bid. They sat quietly for a while and Danny couldn’t help but fidget in her seat although the woman didn’t seem to notice. Finally the woman spoke again. “For you to access your ability to change, you must feel a sense of pride. Find a memory… a thought… something that accesses a feeling of pride and focus solely on that.”

Pride? Danny was slightly confused by this. She had no family. All the foster families she’d been placed in were the kind that took on too many foster kids just to get the benefits of it. Then the thought of foster care brought something to the front of her mind. She’d been in foster care her whole life and yet she hadn’t broken down. She performed well in school and Danny realized she truly loved the person that she was. That was enough. She begun to feel the change take hold. and when she looked down at herself, she no longer seemed human. Her skin had been coated in red and gold feathers and her arms had become wings. Her feet were now talons. Danny couldn't help but smile.

“Well, it seems you are half phoenix… quite the majestic fire bird yourself you are,” the woman commented. “I cannot tell you how to change back - you must figure that out for yourself. However, you should hurry along. You don’t want to miss lunch.”

Fire bird? Danny smiled to herself, glancing down at the flames in the room. She didn’t think she could ever remember being this happy before. At once the flames shot up, erupting. The woman pulled her arms back; Danny did not. As the intensity of the flames brushed her arms, Danny felt nothing - no heat, no pain. Everything was starting to come together. With that thought in her mind, she pranced out of the room cheerfully and as she left, the fire calmed its way down.

Sina arrived the institute later than she had expected. She was just in time to hear the principle's speech but she wasn't fast enough at finding her room. When she was there she waited in the line. Once it was her turn, she took a deep breath and stepped inside the room. She was faced with a woman. She smiled at her and instructed her to sit down. Sina did as she was told and waited for the next instruction. "Now close your eyes and think back o your childhood," the woman said in a calming voice. She closed her eyes and tried to thing of when she was extremely angry.

It was her first day of school. She was walking towards her class when she saw a girl, getting bullied by other girls. She felt the anger bubbling inside of her as she walked closer to them. As she was about to tell the girls off the woman's voice brought her back to the current time. "It seems that you are part Kitsune," the woman observed carefully, "don't cause too much trouble."

She frowned when she saw the clothes and the form she was in. Great, she thought, just great. When she was about to ask her how to change back she smiled and said, "you have to find a way to change back. Now go and make some friends." Yeah, that's not possible, lady. Sina signed and walked out of the room then mumbled to myself, "alright, I can do this."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back